[F13 EB] Tainted Prestige

It was nice to see that everyone was still alive, and Neo was glad that this was able to be the chance they all needed to face something hard. Though Neo hadn't been in too much danger herself, it showed that she would need to be providing more and more buffs to others to make sure things like this didn't happen. Though there were plenty that had already ignored her food items she was giving out for free, that was their fault. Those that did though were going to need even better food items come the next big fight. There would hopefully be orders as well so that she could make sure players were playing it safe. They may push their way forward, but they would need to make sure they did so cautiously.

Still thinking about how to make sure people used the consumables that she made, Neo saw some more people leaving the church. One of which was the very priest that they had fought just moments ago. A look of rage coming over her face, Neo drew her new blade and walked up to the priest. Pointing the blade underneath his chin, Neo glared at him. Though no words came past her lips, the look in her face was clear as day. She wanted them to explain why they had done this. Why had they put so many lives in danger.

As she stood there and waited for an answer, Neo could feel the darkness of the blade pulling her closer to the man's throat. It wanted to taste the blood of the NPC, and she managed to curb that insatiable feeling of hunger for now. Perhaps she would indulge it if they didn't provide an answer that she saw fitting. Perhaps this weapon was much more than meets the eye.

@Miraak

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

While Dazia was near the corner of the courtyard, she would receive a message from Yinangi. "Great, she's probably lost and wondering where I am..." She opened up the messenger.

To: Dazia

Subject: Location

Where are you?

-Yinangi

Dazia sighed. This was just as she suspected. She would send a reply.

To: Yinangi

I'm up on floor 13. Something was going on, and I ended up getting involved in a boss fight.

-Dazia

Soon after she sent the reply, another message appeared.

To: Dazia

WHAAAAAAT???? YOU FOUGHT A BOSS??? Did you win? You're alive, so you won, right?

-Yinangi

Of course that would be Yinangi's response. Dazia would send one last reply to end the conversation.

To: Yinangi

Yes, I fought against a boss. No, I did not win, I survived. I had to use a teleport crystal to flee before it could kill me, but I still somehow ended up in the courtyard outside the building where the battle took place. I'll give you the rest of the details later, but for now, do as you see fit. I'll meet up with you again in the settlement of Florenthia as usual tomorrow morning.

-Dazia

With that taken care of, she heard some more sounds coming from nearby. She would walk closer and realize the battle was over.

Everyone seemed alive and well, and soon she saw Miraak, also alive and well. "Hold on, shouldn't he be dead?? Is today a special day in which everyone and everything gets to respawn for a day??" Once again, there was nothing but confusion for her in this moment. She came close to Miraak just to make sure her eyes weren't tricking her. Eventually, she decided to say, "I honestly have no clue as to why everyone who had fallen in battle had survived, and yet, here we are. I'm not a religious type, but I can say this: We can learn from our mistakes. I made a few mistakes myself a while before the battle against the demons that took over. I hadn't prepared myself for anything like this, and I almost paid the price because of it. I now know that I should never walk into any situation carelessly. Of course, I believe you probably know what your mistake was, and what you should do in the future. i have nothing else to say here." After any potential response, she would leave the conversation to look for any of her party members that had decided to stick around. @Sunova @Hazado @tricolor_mina

@Miraak

Sunova looked at the priest as they spoke true Sunova did not really believe in a god or so but sometimes you had to believe in something and this time Sunova believed in a second change. It was not really something to believe in long-term but now it was quite good to do so now. As the priest was done Sunova turned around to see Miraak appear yet again and this time the cursor was not yellow or red and it was green, Sunova smiled a bit but saw already slowly things pop up and Neo being the first to spot Miraak held him and blade point. Sunov did not wait and took a run up to stand between Neo and Miraak, "Neo hold up, Please wait for a moment, If he truly is sorry I believe so, look at his cursor as well, Not only that the Thing that killed me was not Miraak, I was picked up by the demon that was inside him. So please put down your weapon," she said looking at Neo and back to Miraak before turning to the NPC.

Sunova let's out a sigh and smiled, "It this who you really wish to be, to make the world a better place. Then side with us, Side with the once fighting for a future. You may ask why your back, Because someone gave you a second choice, Not only your god but me too. Please, Miraak, Start over, begin a new path, I forgive you for what you have done, And I believe you can change. If you want to see for yourself follow a player help them and see there well being for this world. They may act selfishly sometimes but a lot of people here care for this new world where they found themselves. It also may be selfish for me to ask to speak to you once more, But I truly wish to help you start over. You were not in control of yourself and that thing inside you made you do things you did not want, however if you feel guilty for taking me out, I would say, It was not you who did so, it was the thing inside of you that is now done for every as the sky is clear as day and I wish to be helping you to start over and begin a new." Sunova said before turning around to everyone else.

She yet again took a deep breath and then spoke up even if she was so small, "If you are truly a human and not something made out of data I would say give it a chance. That is what humans do. Where would you be without YOUR second change, I would be dead If it was that. But I think many of you would not be here today if you did not get a second chance at all. So please, give Miraak here that second chance you already have been granted. I believe he can change and he can make a difference to his actions, He says to be sorry and I can believe that but other things point out that he turned to good, look at the smile he did not have before. He was not in control to stop himself from actions, He needed a path and this demon who we killed now gave him that path, but now... NOW we can give him this path to the best way you could see fit. People are not evil at heart, People are not murderers at Heart no one is."  She looks at the tier 3 players and smiled, before going on, "So Please, do it not for him as an NPC, but do it for me, give him a second chance he needs one for sure and I'm happy to give him this second change, And I wish to set the wrong things aside and believe in him that he can make right. So I say again, If you are Human stay and forgive him as I do, If you are not, Leave now, I can't and won't stop you, but just you know you left your humanity if you do so,  because it is human to give people a second chance, just like the police does with criminals , JUST AS WE ALL DO IN OUR REAL LIFE, WE MAY HAVE ALL BEEN WRONG. BUT EVERYONE EVEN THE EVIL BAD GUY, CAN BE FORGIVEN AND BE GIVEN A SECOND CHANGE," She said before lowering herself again.

Turning to Miraak and smiling, "Miraak, so like I said, I'm happy to help you start over. So why not start now, I'm Sunova nice to meet you," She said before giving Miraak himself a Hug from the smaller girl, as she lets go she looks up at him, "Forgive and forget, forgive and forget, those are the word I believe in. So let's start over will you, with me to help you," She said with a smile.

@Neopolitan @Hazado @Dazia @Hestia @Baldur @Vigilon @Krysta @Cosi @Shield @Miraak @Priest @Kyot0 @tricolor_mina

Looking over towards the man that the cook of the frontlines looks rather angry to i just nod my head calmly taking that in that the man must've been the boss that they had faced and caused the death of the white haired healer and even Mina during the fight. 'So even this boss got his little redemption. What is Kayaba trying to pull with this event to even begin with? Is this all some kind of ploy to say he knows we can view him as a demon but wants to seek forgiveness through this little song and dance that is happening? There has to be a point to this entire event.' I think to myself calmly not even understanding why the events of this day had passed at all as i turn my head away from the show and dance that the NPC put on as i take out a notebook calmly and start to write within it taking down notes for future reference when i would be exploring the floors in all of their entirety to see if their is even some semblance of a story that Kayaba would have for himself. The floors hold a story. I just need to find it. I say softly to myself.

Neo wanted an answer from the man first, but Sunova interrupted her. The blade itself just redirected towards her friend's throat, at which point Neo was able to drag it away and sheathe it back within her parasol. The weapon seemed to have a mind of its own, and hopefully Neo would be able to control herself. She was still mad at the corrupt priest for having brought this about. Second chance or not, Neo knew he was the reason that demon risked angel's point to begin with. It seemed that, like she had anticipated, a crowd was beginning to draw near the priest. Perhaps she hsould make her quiet exit now. But the blade drew her closer to the target. The threat of harm was gone, but the glare in her gaze was not. She was going to still get the answers that she wanted. and if she had to fight that demon all by herself, so be it. She still had crystals to teleport herself out of there, and so she would use them if she had to. What she wanted was for the priest to finally spill his metaphorical guts. Tell the whole crowd why he had even thought that this power could be controlled, or even be slightly beneficial.

As he turned to see the players, they were already onto him. The double-hair colored girl pointed a menacing rapier at his throat and he would lift one hand up to show sign of surrender. While he knew his faith alone in the domain of light was enough to protect him from harm, but he also wanted to show compassion. He opened his mouth to speak, but was beaten to the punch. His mouth parted slightly as the faint memory of turning a girl into ashes was brought into his mind. While he wasn't in control, he was still present for the entire fight. It seemed like a bad dream to him.... As the girl wound finish, she would turn to him and introduce herself. He would bow humbly and return the favor. "Greetings, I am Miraak" She told him that to forgive and forget was the key. Then she offered her assistance in turning hi life around. He would shake his head. "I deeply appreciate the offer and the kindness of your heart, but I must decline. After we all leave here today, I must get back to work quickly. I have made many sins, and I must atone for each of them. Many counteractions must be made to my previous work and new work must be done. While a large amount of corruption was lifted from this world, there still remains quite a bit. It is my responsibility to help that push and clear the way for another settlement from which we can work from" 

He would turn back to the girl that held a rapier in her hand. A flash of a rapier that ended his life moved before his eyes. Smiling, he would speak to her directly. "It is you that I have to thank with the deepest regards. It was you that slain the demons within and taught me my greatest lesson. I see the weapon you carry was once my own. For that, I must warn you. It carries a slight amount of the same malevolence that I had imbued into myself. Without a steady heart, it can guide you down the wrong path as it had me"

Afterwards, he would turn to all players to explain himself. "I am terribly sorry for the trouble I have caused today. Had it not been for my previous actions, the Fallen Angel wouldn't have had as much power, and many of you would have been spared a fight. I ask that you each forgive me for these mistakes if you can. I let my heart falter and lose faith in both the Lord and humanity. I followed something that I thought was better for the realm of humanity, and better for myself. I have learned truly of how wrong I was thanks to each of you" He would nod to each of them before looking to @Hestia who was watching and thinking to herself. "There is always more to learn about yourself and about the world, if you look for it. It is thanks to all all of you that I have learned this" 

@Sunova @Neopolitan

Edited by Miraak

Shield listened to @Cosi's words and nodded solemnly. "You weren't there only ones to have comrades taken out," Shield replied in a dark tone. "Some of our strongest fell in the fight and we're brought out here. Including Beat and two of our tanks. I honestly barely survived despite throwing everything I had into my defense."

The emergence of Miraak as a neutral NPC was unusual, but since he had not been a part of the T2 party, he did not feel like whatever interaction was happening around him was going to be helpful to him. "We all have a lot of work to do going forward. My front line allies and I are going to need to pool or resources and our efforts to make sure a fight like this never happens again." 

He glanced back towards the battlefield where they had all been struggling for survival mere minutes ago. As far as his defenses went, there was very little he could do to improve, but he was going to have to try. New mods or perhaps even new skills. Something of value that could offer better protection besides simply gaining more hit points.

Perhaps Rampart, or Barrier... Field Medic.... Something to make defense more robust. My raw stats alone were meaningless. By the end of it, and when I'm there one saying that, we're all in a lot of trouble.

I watch as the NPC looks towards myself as he says those words as i just glance towards the side and look through the field of players that now accompany the square that is the entire area wanting to leave for the sake of getting out of this nightmare that way almost dying. 'But in the end i have to wait since their might be something worthwhile if people stick throughout this entire little song and dance the NPC is doing...with what Kayaba is doing.' I think to myself as i just keep my eye on the NPC that was the T1/T2 event boss from what i can tell from the man's words alongside the way the lower tiers are speaking to one another about this man and acting towards him. The concept of redemption not being something that is new to myself or something that i wouldn't normally give to one another if it was logical, but when it comes from a NPC from the circumstances of this entire event it just seems like a very low hanging fruit for this to just be a analogy of Kayaba. 'A man who wanted to be god so he made a game. Along that path of godhood to better humanity he became a demon that killed people...maybe the angel is like his production company?' I think to myself.

Neo stepped back a bit, satisfied with the answers given to her. At the very least, the NPC was being conscious of their actions now. He did also mention that the weapon was in fact bearing some of that resentment. Perhaps that was why it seemed to be blackening her view. She kept her eyes on the priest though, it was better if she didn't let him out of her sight. They were safe now, but there was still much that could be done. This floor still seemed to have corruption, and there was probably some good rewards for clearing it out. Regardless, Neo wanted to make sure that she was ready for what this game would be throwing at her. She had watched friends and party members die today. They were still safe, but that didn't mean that they weren't going to need to be more prepared in the future. She would do everything she could to make sure that when this was for real, that nobody had to die.

Krysta smiled knowing that all would be well, and that it was only the demon who was slain. At first, she was surprised to see that Miraak was fine. When she got closer, she saw Neo pull out her new weapon and point it at Miraak. The weapon would redirect when Sunova tried to intervene. Something just wasn't right with that blade... She found herself about to act rashly, and if the blade wasn't sheathed, Krysta may have been driven to deflect it using her own weapon. She turned to the NPC. "You weren't the only one at fault. The Demon is to blame for what we all endured in there! The monstrous being has been vanquished now, so we can all be at ease. I forgive you, Miraak. You had good intentions, despite having the wrong method. You can still make this world a better place, we each have a part to play in order to do so. We all have a part to play in the Lord's plan for us all. They are plans to prosper us, and not to harm us, and he hasn't failed yet, nor will he ever fail period." Krysta smiled as she finished her words.

@Miraak

Krysta looked back to Neo. She should congratulate her on being the one to end the battle and vanquish the demon. She walked up to her. "Hello, I just wanted to congratulate you on finishing the fight and slaying the demon. As a rapier user myself, perhaps there are a few tricks I could learn from you." Her attention became divided after she said those words. Her eyes looked to Neo, then to the sheathed weapon, then back to Neo, and back to the weapon again. "I'm sure you may find a way to use that for the greater good...of course, I can't possibly imagine ever wielding a weapon such as that..." She failed to keep herself from cringing at the thought, which was followed by a mild shudder, with a shiver sent down her spine. "Oh...Sorry, I didn't cause any offense, did I? I never meant any."

@Neopolitan

(OOC: RP trait discovered! Krysta will refuse anything containing the fallen enhancement. If her significant other has an item with fallen, she will just refuse to hold/equip it.)

Words, actions, people, and events seemed to fly by as Calrex was lost in his own thoughts. Even though he could hear everything that was being said from Shield and the other people that decided to address the crowd, the words were merely flowing through and not really being retained. His mind was focused on improvement and reflection, thinking of what he could have worked better on in the last fight in terms of judgement calls. Of course, this was all masked by the expressionless helm of his armor as he continued to sit quietly on the rock he had picked out after their battle with Artamiel.

As he came out of his thoughts the Ultramarine Knight looked over as people emerged from the church and the priest congratulated them on their efforts. The bluenette gave a small sigh beneath his armor before swiping on his menu, the Grand Chariot III vanishing from his form to reveal his avatar beneath, clothed in his casual combat attire. Placing his hands into the his jacket pockets he gazed over towards the direction of Teayre's shop, the Amethyst Boutique, resting on the outskirts of the settlement.

Since it was in the same direction he walked past, giving a small wave to Baldur and the others in view, "I'll be heading out then. See you all again soon."

Calrex Exits Thread

As the battle concluded, a few had “died”, only returning to the courtyard without and harm. Macradon would shrug and sigh, it was a weird mechanic, it wasn’t needed, it was a gimmick specifically for this event, but it only annoyed Macradon even further, trying to push a narrative that was irrelevant for the players of how good their god was, and how with that they can defeat the evil, even with sacrifices. Macradon would run over to @Kairi after the fight and give her a huge hug “You did well” he said with a smile and grabbed her hand “If you don’t have anything left to do, let’s head back home” Macradon would say, but if she were busy with anything, Macradon would run back home ahead of her. There wasn’t much left to do, there wasn’t much left to say, at least not for Macradon. So much had happened for so many people, but it didn’t matter to Macradon, all that mattered was Kairi was safe and that she enjoyed her battle.

- Macradon exits the Thread -

Front liners began departing, and for a moment, Shield considered departing himself, but there were still many players present, many of whom were still recovering. He stood his ground, scanning the crowd with his cool, brown eyes. "Hey, @Cosi," he said, glancing over to him. "What was the morale like in that fight? I can't say it was particularly high in our fight, but we held on. It wasn't until that last attack, where everyone dropped down into the red, when things really started to get more desperate. Hell, some of us were even mocking the boss to try to keep our spirits high. It worked too, for a while at least."

Despite the heavy atmosphere that surrounded the combatants, Shield managed a chuckle. "Even started finding fun new nicknames for the angel imposter," he said with a smirk. "'Artemiel' somehow became 'Artichoke.' Macradon got a kick out of that one." Shield walked a small, slow semi-circle, taking in the crowd as best he could. Most were very silent, or else speaking with those they held most dear. It was heart warming in a way, though the events that had brought them to this point were regrettable. Even he felt discouraged, but he was not about to let that show on his face.

Edited by Shield

Cosi started slightly when @Shield said that the event boss had dropped two of the front liners tanks but he quickly composed himself. He said 'some of the strongest'. That could only mean him and Hestia but because he didn't say me he must mean another tank. "I haven't met Beat before but you talk about him a fair amount. What's he like?" As Cosi waited for Shield's response he continued, "Sounds like a good plan." Then Shield continued talking, talking about the front liners fight, and after he asked how morale was in the tier one and two fight. Cosi had to think about it for a second. "It was good. I mean the tier one people like myself couldn't really deal much damage to the boss but the Tier two's like Neo and Mars made up for that. Morale was good up until a point about halfway through the fight. Miraak unleashed a devastating attack that hit everyone, dropping a whole bunch of people into the red and yellow. After that point people were shaken. We had to heal up and regroup and that's when the first player.. died." Cosi absentmindedly pointed to where @Sunova was, "After that point everything went to pieces: Dom wasn't leading and couldn't get everyone ordered, people started teleporting out, and some people started to practically suicide rush the boss." Cosi sighed and his eyes flicked over to @Dustin"Then another player died and it just got worse. We weren't able to keep our spirits high... still we managed to pull through." Cosi finally looked around and caught sight of Miraak. He started again but really he should have expected it. Priests talking about God and forgiveness. Even Miraak was talking about sin. I should've guessed he would be brought back by a 'benevolent god'. Cosi sighed and turned back to Shield, though he was silent. There was no chipper attitude from him now. He had fought and done next to nothing in the fight. And had this been a real fight two people would have died, One that he knew. Cosi stared off into the distance, Cosi's normally bright turquoise eyes now bleak and determined, "I've still got a long way to go and a lot more experience to gain. I've got to become stronger if I really want to make a difference

"I'm not surprised that started to unravel things," Shield said darkly. "Odds are, other players were also taking some heat, so once people start dropping, fewer and fewer people can stand to deal with the punishment." He sighed, turning his head to Cosi. The extreme angle of his furrowed brows emphasized the scar across the bridge of his nose, making it look deeper and more meaningful than it actually was. "I'm glad everyone made it, in particular, I'm glad to see you made it. I haven't mentored a player this heavily before, so it would be a shame to have you drop like that." He managed a slight smirk. "Would make me look bad."

He gave Cosi a slight nudge with his elbow. Humor had worked to keep morale up in the fight. Now that the fight was done, it seemed even more prudent. "You do have a long way, but that's nothing to be ashamed of. There are countless people still back in the Town of Beginnings who are too scared to even set foot into an event like this. You've taken your first steps. You just need to see them through." He nodded reassuringly, turning his eyes back to the gathering. He hoped that players might stick around and continue to build one another up. It couldn't hurt after that blood bath.

As Neo was backing off from the priest, she noticed another one of the players come up to her to speak with her. Though she didn't speak, Neo gave a smiling nod of her head. It was nice to have some appreciation, though she had been wanting to ensure that she remained fairly unnoticed for the time being. As open as she as about trying to push the progress of the game forward, she wanted to keep rather hush about the build she was making. The idea she had working through her head didn't work well if people copied it, so she wanted to prevent that for now. As it stood though, Neo left herself open to anyone else who wished to talk with her. She wanted to try and make some more connections before she found herself fighting on the front lines anyways. If she knew no one, then she would have a hard time communicating anything while in the middle of the fight.

Cosi's gaze softened and he chuckled, "And we wouldn't want that would we." Cosi grinned lopsidedly and gave Shield fist bump, "Also thanks for all the help. Its.. well its helped tremendously. I'll probably be calling you up soon. I need to do a little more grinding." And with that Cosi would leave his mentor and begin to wander through the crowd of players. He would see familiar faces, stopping to thank Black for helping in squad two, giving @Hazado a warm smile and pat on the back. Then he found his way to @Neopolitan and @Sunova. The two were talking with Miraak. Cosi waited for them to finish, giving a cheerful smile and wave to Neo, before pulling the white haired girl aside. He didn't know her much at all. He knew she was friends with Haz and Neo and they were good friends of his but he had only talked to her in passing. Still he wanted to make sure she was fine. Dying- especially getting killed by a demon- and then getting brought back had to be hard. "Uh.. Hi. I'm Cosi. We've met before at least once. Um... I just wanted to know if you were alright- I mean I know you're alright but... Well, Dying and coming back can't have been fun..." 

As the boss came up into rotation again, Hidden would charge forward, but one of her allies would beat her to the punch, taking the last shot. Giving a sigh of relief, she would place her own weapon within its sheath inside of her own cloak. She would follow the others out of the room. As she did, she would take her first glance at the players in the Tier three fight. Weary, exhausted. They looked like they had fought through quite the fight. She caught a few words out of some conversations that were going around. It sounded as if some Tier three players had also died within the combat. That meant she wouldn't have lasted either. She needed to get stronger to be able to thrive in harder fights. After the boss raids and the event boss, it seemed as if Aincrad was finally going to begin challenging them. They were done with the tutorial, it was time for the main game. She turned to leave, but something caught her eye. 'Miraak' while the boss had perished in front of her eyes, it seemed that he was still quite alive. The game had given him the second chance as well. 'There is a theme to this event. The theme of forgiveness. Does Kayaba wish to be forgiven for what he has done? Or was Miraak brought back for a second part to the event. I bet there is going to be some changes to this settlement, or even the floor. It does look like life is beginning to seep back into it' 

Walking away from the courtyard, she would find herself done with the boss battles. 

Sunova let out a sigh of relieving to see that everyone expected that Miraak was back and even Neo seemed to be okay now Haz was quite happy looking as well and Neo for sure did as well too. Then a player walked up to her the blond, wait, not just any blond it is yea boy Cosi who she met quite a while ago at the beach party and stuff.  He took her a bit away from everyone else and started talking to her, "Yeah, It was hard But with Baldur-san here and Hestia-san it was quite okay to get back up from it, Knowing everything is lost is hard and I do not want to repeat that a third time now in my life, But Cosi... Just remember I saved players live for at least one more turn for sure and I think Mina would be happy to see what I did for her, But next time Cosi. Let's meet on a beach again or something not on this floor or even near this floor," Sunova said to him before staring at Miraak "I believe in one thing only, that every person can be loved and should be loved, Never knew that Haz and Neo would turn so mad to Miraak once he k... took me out, They are my friends for sure as are all of you here, So Cosi how about you get there and smile for me please," Sunova said smiling not letting any weakness out.

@Cosi

Cosi nodded at @Sunova's remarks, "That's good. Hestia is a good person. I don't know much about Baldur but I expect if he helped encourage you he's a good person..." Cosi trailed off. He really didn't know what to say. How did you ask about someone's mortality and death. So he simply continued to nod and then he chuckled when the white haired girl mentioned meeting anywhere but this floor. "Sounds like a plan." He gave her a lopsided grin and then did just as she requested. He headed over to @Hazado and Neo. Cosi patted Haz on his back again but stayed a second longer to actually talk with his fellow tank this time, "How are you doing? I noticed you took quite a beating in that fight. Could have used my help couldn't you?" Cosi elbowed haz lightly in the ribs chuckling slightly. The blonde haired tank also gave @Neopolitan a smile and a wave. "How are you Neo? I saw you did well in that event." Cosi pointed to her new rapier.