[F06 - SP] Minty Fresh Pain <<The Gemini>>

Neo made her way to the sixth floor once more. Though the pain from what had occurred here last was still in her mind, she knew that there was still more to do here. She swore that she would try to avoid the floor after this as best as she could, only coming if it was for a quest she could easily do otherwise. For now though, she knew that there was one more skill to be had on this floor. One that would help her with her hits and make it so that she could not lose her focus as easily. Though it may backfire and make her focus more on her pain, at least it meant she could deal with it and stop avoiding it so much. The pain would not go away, and she just wanted for it to be gone for good. She wanted to not feel it anymore.

Neo made her way to the edge of town, knowing that that was where the culprit was likely to be. She had been told it copies her, but she had a feeling there would be some slight modifications. This game had already tried to get into her head once, and she wanted to try and prevent it from happening again. She switched over to her stronger parasol. It didn't have as much offensive power, but she was able to get a bit better defense from it. Approaching the alleyway, she noticed a hooded figure hiding in the alley. "So, you finally found me." Neo didn't bother responding. "Say, let me test my skills and I'll teach you something interesting should you manage to beat me." The arrogance was coming off of them in waves. Bringing her sword out of the parasol and preparing for combat, she quickly bowed towards her combatant. As they lifted the hood off of their face, she could see that it was in fact her twin sister. The one who was able to speak, the one who had tortured her. Knowing this was just an NPC, a smirk came across Neo's face. This was going to be fun.

Spoiler

Mint:

HP: 250

DMG: 125

MIT: 31

ACC: 1

EVA: 0

Critical Hits: DMG + 25 on a natural MD 9, DMG + 50 on a natural MD 10.

<<Disguise>>: +1 ACC to <<The Gemini>>'s first attack.

Neo immediately charged Mint, but she was ready for the attack. Quickly flipping Neo over, she was able to stab at her with her own version of Neo's rapier. "You really shouldn't be so brazen. I thought you were the shy type after all. What, did you decided that that was too good for you? like speaking?" Neo was fuming at her comments, but collected herself. This was just here to taunt her, nothing more. She was here to get the skill and then be out of here. She had no time to fall to the taunts of her twin sister. There was already some red lines coming from her. It seemed that the damage reflection on her parasol was working after all. Guess I should give Macradon more credit. After all, he was the only one who was able to fulfill my order in a timely manner. She prepared herself for another attack, knowing that she should be a bit more cautious this time.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #106857

BD: 3 + 1 = 4 - miss

CD: 4 - no recovery

MD: 8 + 2 = 10 - hit (125 - 59 = 66 damage; 36 Thorns damage returned)

Neopolitan: 434/500 HP | 48/50 ENG | 11 DMG | 59 MIT | 1 ACC | 36 THN | 9-10/24 BLD | 1 REC

Mint: 218/250 HP | 125 DMG | 31 MIT | 1 ACC | Minor crit +25 DMG | Major crit +50 DMG

Moving in for the attack, Both of them impaled themselves on the other's rapier. Mint gave much more signs of pain than Neo did. "You have begun to harm yourself just to try to get to me? How pathetic. You're not even brave, just putting on a show for the rest of us." Neo returned a smile and pointed at Mint's health bar, which was significantly lower. "So what, you're beating me right now? I will be turning these tables very soon." Neo rolled her eyes as she pulled herself off of the blade. There was more red marks on Mint, Neo having thrust her parasol in as well as her blade. It was doing a lot of work, including shading the sun as she put it over her shoulder temporarily. Neo gave a bow to Mint, as well as a little smirk. Now I can show that you aren't better than me everywhere.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #106862

BD: 6 + 1 = 7 - hit (11 * 8 = 88 - 31 = 57 damage)

CD: 6 - recovery

MD: 6 + 2 = 7 - hit (125 - 59 = 66 damage; 36 Thorns damage returned)

Neopolitan: 368/500 HP | 43/50 ENG | 11 DMG | 59 MIT | 1 ACC | 36 THN | 9-10/24 BLD | 1 REC

Mint: 105/250 HP | 125 DMG | 31 MIT | 1 ACC | Minor crit +25 DMG | Major crit +50 DMG

"You think you're better than me? I'll show you!" Mint charged at Neo, who was still getting up from her bow, and was quickly rammed through by the rapier once more. It wasn't graceful by any means, but it was effective. Because she didn't have her parasol in front of her, she also didn't get any damage in return. Neo was able to attack back with her own blade though, swiping Mint away and preventing her from advancing further onto Neo. You won't defeat me so easily. "I will defeat you soooo easily." The dichotomy in thoughts was jarring, and Neo was disoriented for a moment. Even though Mint was at a clear disadvantage, she had the ability to boast like this. It was almost disturbing, but Neo had to agree that it was working. She was already beginning to falter to the taunts, remembering all the people who had lost their lives protecting her.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #106872

BD: 7 + 1 = 8 - hit (11 * 8 = 88 - 31 = 57 damage)

CD: 4 - no recovery

MD: 9 + 2 = 10 - minor crit (125 + 25 - 59 = 91 damage)

Neopolitan: 277/500 HP | 42/50 ENG | 11 DMG | 59 MIT | 1 ACC | 36 THN | 9-10/24 BLD | 1 REC

Mint: 48/250 HP | 125 DMG | 31 MIT | 1 ACC | Minor crit +25 DMG | Major crit +50 DMG

Not wanting to let the fight go on for any longer, Neo quickly swiped her blade at Mint's feet, bringing her to her knees. Holding her at swordpoint, Neo let her speak her peace.

"Please, don't kill me, I beg of you. I only wished to test my abilities." The character of her twin was fading. "I wanted to see how you would react to someone like you, I see that you have some troubled past memories." Its words struck true. "Please, I ask that you let me live."

Neo considered it for a moment, then sheathed her blade into her parasol and place the tip of the parasol lightly on the ground. Nodding towards it, she decided to let the twin leave her. A message popped up with the rewards she had earned for defeating and sparing them. It was a fair amount of gain, but was it worth letting that thing roam free.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #106874

BD: 8 + 1 = 9 - hit (11 * 8 = 88 - 31 = 57 damage)

CD: 10 - recovery

MD: dead

Neopolitan: 277/500 HP | 37/50 ENG | 11 DMG | 59 MIT | 1 ACC | 36 THN | 9-10/24 BLD | 1 REC

Mint: 0/250 HP | 125 DMG | 31 MIT | 1 ACC | Minor crit +25 DMG | Major crit +50 DMG

Having let the thing roam free now, Neo made her way out of the two and towards one of the streams. Though this floor brought nothing but pain to her, it was still a useful floor to be on. Here she would hopefully find fish aplenty and maybe get herself a treasure chest. It didn't take long to get herself set up, though she was nervous being so close to the waterfall where the meditation stand stood. She couldn't wait to be out of here, but felt as though she needed to stay for a little bit longer. Perhaps being here would help the pain to go away. As she sat with nothing coming to her line, she thought back on what had happened to her friends, and what she could possibly have to look forward to. Sure there were some friends still alive, but what about the ones who were dead?

Spoiler

Roll ID: #106877

CD: 4 - nothing (fishing now)

There were those that had died for her and in front of her. The first she had the recollection of was Amethyst. Her death was out of her hands then, but it shouldn't have been a risk to begin with. Neo had hoped that the nepents would've stayed off of the weaker player and gone for her. When that happened, she sought the wisdom of a man on floor 2 to help her learn to control her emotions. Though taht had helped, she wasn't prepared for what came next. She had to remember the death of Vanilla, her closest friend whom she dragged into this game. She wouldn't be dead if she hadn't been trying to find her voice. If she had just been content to remain silent and not come here Vanilla would still be safe and sound back at home with Neo still at her side. Terrified of what was happening to the others trapped in this game, but not in it themselves.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #106878

CD: 4 - nothing

Neo was still thinking about what she could do when she felt a tug on her line. SHe tried to reel it in, but relized she had pulled in a piranha. Though it broke off of the line, it was still there for her to attack before she would be able to fish again. She may have been able to walk somewhere else, but she was still mad at the deaths she'd witnessed. She decided it would be better to take out the poor thing instead of moving upstream a bit. Once in the water, it tried snapping at her legs and she moved out of the way as best as she could. She realized she should've swapped over to her other parasol, but shrugged it off as she was in combat already. It was time for something from this game to pay for the pain it had caused her already.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #106880

CD: 3 - fished up loot minimum monster

(gained 40 health and 2 energy while out of combat)

Neopolitan: 317/500 HP | 39/50 ENG | 11 DMG | 59 MIT | 1 ACC | 36 THN | 9-10/24 BLD | 1 REC

Piranha: 250/250 HP | 75 DMG

The Piranha was attacking at her legs, and Neo felt the pain of it nibbling on her. In her frustration, she just slapped at the water with her blade still coming out of its sheathe. Thankfully, the game gave her her damage reflection against the creature.

I really don't want to deal with you, but at least with your death I can feel a little bit better about the things this game have taken from me.

You've taken my translator. Splash

You've taken strangers from me. Splash

You've taken my memory of deaths. Splash

You've taken all I had from the real world besides the memories of pain you left me. Splash

Neo silently panted, not wanting to attack uselessly anymore. Each attack didn't seem to land on it, and it just kept attacking her. I'll get you, take your little bites while you can. You'll be dead soon enough

Spoiler

Roll ID: #106881

BD: 1 - critical miss

MD: 6 - hit (75 - 59 = 16 damage; 36 Thorns damage)

Neopolitan: 301/500 HP | 39/50 ENG | 11 DMG | 59 MIT | 1 ACC | 36 THN | 9-10/24 BLD | 1 REC

Piranha: 214/250 HP | 75 DMG

The fish kept biting at her leg, and Neo lifted it out of the water. It flailed around for a bit before releasing its jaw and going back into the water. Sure it was causing some drop in her health bar, but it was only this low from her fight with the twin earlier. It was honestly a rather boring fight to be having, but here she was having it anyways. Her eyes were devoid of emotion as she stepped back for a little bit.

Let's see, I could move away and try to go fish elsewhere or I could finish this off. Let's just take this thing out while I can and maybe get something useful from it. If I don't get anything, well I guess this was a waste of time. Perhaps you have something I can actually use in you. Or maybe just some useless junk to go sell off to some budding merchant who will give me a fair price for it.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #106883

BD: 2 + 1 = 3 - miss

MD: 10 - major crit (75 + 2 - 59 = 18 damage)

Neopolitan: 283/500 HP | 39/50 ENG | 11 DMG | 59 MIT | 1 ACC | 36 THN | 9-10/24 BLD | 1 REC

Wading back into the water, Neo slapped her blade uselessly into the water. Her heart wasn't in it, and she couldn't really care right now. If the game wanted to claim her, she would honestly let it at this point. It had taken basically everything else from her, why not her life. The piranha kept biting at her leg, and her health bar dropped to just over half. It was a little scary to see it get that low, but what was this fight wihtout inciting a little risk. It probably still had to hit her a good ten more times and hopefully her damage reflection would finish it off before then. Maybe she didn't need to fight this thing at all. Maybe let it suicide against her. Then a light builb went off in her head.

I could get things to effectively suicide against me. Instewad of me going out to attack them, they can come to me. I can take them down as I let them run into my own blade.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #106884

BD: 3 + 1 = 4 - miss

CD: 3 - no recovery

MD: 10 - major crit (75 + 2 - 59 = 18 damage)

Neopolitan: 265/500 HP | 38/50 ENG | 11 DMG | 59 MIT | 1 ACC | 36 THN | 9-10/24 BLD | 1 REC

Neo backed out of the water as the idea struck her, realizing that there was some merit to the idea. If she went to attack something, she wouldn't be able to consistently get the attacks in the places they would want to cover most. However, if she feinted to be on the defensive she could let them bare their spots thinking they were the ones attacking. It might mean she takes a few more hits and would need to be faster than normal, but she could definitely use that to her advantage. With that in mind, she wanted to see how well it could work against the AI in this game. What if she let it come to her. She remained outside of the water, waiting for the piranha to jump at her. It had done it in the beginning, so it could definitely do it again. Just one good jump and she could try to take it down.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #106885

BD: 2 + 1 = 3 - miss

CD: 7 - recovery

MD: 1 - critical miss

Neopolitan: 265/500 HP | 38/50 ENG | 11 DMG | 59 MIT | 1 ACC | 36 THN | 9-10/24 BLD | 1 REC

The piranha jumped up at Neo, just as she expected it to. As it did, Neo gave a swipe at the fish. Though it was able to clamp down on her wrist, she shook it onto land and smacked it back into the water. It seemed to have taken quite a bit of damage, though her status effect hadn't gone off.

So, it is still chance. Of course, that doesn't mean that there isn't something good we can do with it still. I can still bait people into becoming much less defensive.

With that plan, Neo continued to wait on the shore. Perhaps it would just take a bit more of a trained eye to catch the weaknesses that would be bared in the attack. She guessed that this would be the best time to train. No time like the present after all. With that in mind, she took a defensive stance and prepared for the fish to jump at her once again.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #106886

BD: 7 + 1 = 8 - hit (11 * 8 = 88 damage)

CD: 6 - recovery

MD: 7 - hit (75 - 59 = 16 damage; 36 thorns damage returned)

Neopolitan: 265/500 HP | 33/50 ENG | 11 DMG | 59 MIT | 1 ACC | 36 THN | 9-10/24 BLD | 1 REC

Piranha: 90/250 HP | 75 DMG

The piranha jumped at her once more, and she was ready this time. Time almost seemed to slow down for that split second, and Neo could see where to strike. The fish had a wide jaw that was completely open. If she got her blade through that spot, she could take it out. Time sped back up as Neo thrust her rapier through the fish's jaw. It worked well, the effect of her bleed took effect as the thing shattered in front of her. She retrieved the rewards she could from it and decided to make her way back towards town. She had finally figured out the trick to what she could do, and perhaps the way to make her pain fade. If she would be immobilized by her pain, then she would use it to her advantage.

I guess it is time I became the one baiting others to attack me, rather than falling for the bully's trap all the time.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #106888

BD: 10 + 1 = 11 - major crit (11 + 2 * 8 = 104 damage)

CD: 6 - recovery

MD: dead

Neopolitan: 265/500 HP | 28/50 ENG | 11 DMG | 59 MIT | 1 ACC | 36 THN | 9-10/24 BLD | 1 REC

Piranha: 0/250 HP | 75 DMG

Loot: ID: #106889 - LD: 18 - CD: 4 - 1250 Col and 2x T1 mats

Neo thought more about what she could do with her build as she was headed back to town. She also ended up stumbling along some nuts that she decided to try to do something with later. Of course, it would just become basic materials, but she could make them be nuts again if she wanted to. Her thoughts drifted to what her build could be.

I need to make sure it would fit well with a team, though I should also make sure that I can do something of my own. I don't think people can stack the effects from status, so I need to make sure that I do mine in a way that won't stack with others as much. If I can do that, then I'll be able to keep my damage output topped off without infringing on others damage. She could also ensure people wouldn't do that once she cemented her place on the front lines.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #106890

LD: 19 - mat found

Neo grabbed a few more nuts as her thoughts continued to drift towards what else she could do with her build. The possibilities were nearly endless because no one else had done anything in this area as far as she knew. There was little communication if you weren't in their inner circle, but it was still decently common knowledge what the front liners could do in general. She knew there was a stealth user or two. There was also the various kinds of tanks and supports. If she could find a way to carve her own niche in their, she would be set for quite some time. If she couldn't make her niche, than she would just have to try to afford the respec and get herself a cookie cutter build like the rest of the front liners. Though she would probably hold the place as the raid cook, she wouldn't be able to help much in the fights themselves.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #106891

LD: 16 - mat found

There was a lot she would still need to consider with her build, but there was plenty of time before she was on the front lines. As it stood, she was level 25. from what she knew, the front liners started accepting you into combat once you hit 35. That meant she would only need 10 more levels. Her levels were probably going to slow down, but she would hopefully be able to make her way to the front relatively quickly. The quest she had just done gave her a fair amount of xp, plus the bonus from taking out the Piranha. It was adding up slowly, but adding up. It meant that she could get there quickly and safely for now. Of course, if she really wanted to, she would have to grind quite a bit to get what she wanted. There were going to have to be some alternatives for her to deal with while she was still stuck with the gear she had. 

Spoiler

Roll ID: #106892

LD; 4 - no mats found

Not stopping and doing her best to get back to town, Neo missed a few other possible ingredients to take back to her shop. She had plenty as it was though, so she wouldn't mind if she couldn't get her hands on some of those. What mattered most to her right now was trying to find all the information she could on the enhancements available to her. And once she had an idea as to what she could do, she would need to start getting as many of the unidentified pieces of gear as she could. It wouldn't be that much of a difference, but she was pretty sure getting the special enhancements would make a huge difference in the long run. It would mean she would have that extra little edge over those who didn't grind as much. Plus it could reduce the stacking in her particular idea after all.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #106893

LD: 6 - no mats found

It wasn't long before Neo was able to make it back to the main town. As soon as she was there, she quickly grabbed herself a guidebook from the nearest information hub and took it with her to the teleporter. With the guidebook safely tucked away in her inventory, she selected the next floor up and made her way through Deepedge. As she did, she did as much reading as she could. Most of the reading would be done back at her shop. For now, she needed to pay attention not to get attacked by mobs on her way to the next town over. She managed to quickly make her way into her shop and grab some chips and dip to eat while reading through all of the information. It was her first time using this, so she just did her best to read through everything and absorb all of the information.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #106895

LD: 7 - no chest found

Thread Summary:

Spoiler

Gemini Complete: 3 SP, 600 Col, <<Concentration>>

Page of RP: 1 SP, 400 Col

Looting/Gathering: 1250 Col, 4 T1 mats