[ SP - 03 ] Something Familiar <<Feeding the Enemy>>

Ptolemy glanced around the town, he was currently on the second floor and had just encountered a hag- I mean a sweet old lady. He was skeptical of the quest, rumor has had it be challenging to actually get a familiar. No harm in trying though I suppose? He told himself, a small sigh escaping him.

Running a hand through his hair irritatedly, he frowned when he figured out that he had to actually find the familiar. This is going to be a long day, he sighed, a very, very long day. Who knows if I’m going to even find it? Blasphemy. He stole a glance at the town's entrance and blinked at it. My level is good enough to be out there alone I suppose. It’s not the mobs that I fear, it’s the amount of time this blasted quest is going to take. He looked at the crowds of people that littered the streets of the town. Perhaps having someone tag along would make it seem to go faster? I don’t even know anymore.

Edited by Ptolemy
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose I won't need help anyways. He huffed, getting ready to walk out of the town. He made his way out of the town with a small sigh. I wonder what'll find today. It'll definitely be useful later on when I am fighting. Perhaps I'll find a... friend today? He smiled to himself, shaking his head. Possibly. What kinds of familiars would I even find in Floor two? It's a very diverse ecosystem so I am interested to see what kinds of creatures or mobs inhabit this floor. 

As he reached a flat-ish foresty area, he gazed peacefully at the scenery. It's beautiful, like something precisely from a painting. It all seems so real though. He smiled microscopically, perhaps when I get more money, I can buy a house or villa in this area. It certainly would be fantastic. Turning his head to the sky, he sighed. I have a little bit less than ten hours.

FLASHBACK (to pass time cause I literally have no ideas):

"Your mother and I will be home around eleven, we hope you make sure your sisters will stay out of trouble. Understood?" Klaus's father was standing at the doorway, her mother adjusting her scarf next to him. 

Fifteen-year-old Klaus nodded. "Understood, father. I hope you get there safely. Have a wonderful drive." Klaus put on a smile for his parents, though it wasn't genuine. Eleven they say? I'll have some time to myself for a while. Maybe Ann and Val could stay out of trouble for once and let me have some peace and quiet. I could bring out my telescope on to the balcony around ten, it will be-

"Klaus!" The boy got shut out from his thoughts and looked up at his father. "That is the third time I have called you. As I said, I want all the work from Miss Mawyer done by the time we get home," his father adjusted his tie. "It should be on my desk by eleven."

Edited by Ptolemy

Klaus stifled a groan of annoyance and nodded his head. "Understood, it will be on your desk by eleven," he repeated, his face straining to keep the false smile. Perhaps if I work hard enough for the next two hours, I can possibly finish it all in one go and then have enough time for the rest of the day.  He looked at his father, "I hope you have a safe journey, farewell father," he looked to his mother, who barely spared him a look, "mother. I will be going to my room now. Have a good night." When a low grunt came from his father, he hurried off to his room and sighed. "Blasphemy."

He stared at the ceilings for a few minutes, counting each second that went by. They're probably gone now. He sighed and left his room, heading towards this sisters shared room. As he navigated through his house, he couldn't help but feel mildly disappointed. Neither of them even said goodbye to me, he chuckled bitterly as he slid his hand down the walls. His parent's house was neither small nor a large mansion. It was indeed more substantial than an average house but his parents didn't want to use their money on unnecessary things.

As he pushed open the door to his sister's room, he poked his head in. "Ann? Val?" He called out, a skeptical look on his face. "Where did you two run off to?" he mumbled to himself, fulling widening the door to look around the room. Mother and father are going to kill me when they realize that they both got out. He snaked his hands through his hair and groaned. "This isn't funny you two! I'm going to be in a lot of trouble if you don't come out!" he called, hoping that they were just playing a prank on him. 

All of a sudden he heard a high pitched squeal, "charge!" He spun around to see eight-year-old Ann and six-year-old Val charging at him with pillows.  Oh lord. They quickly latched on to him with loud fits of giggles and laughs. "Hi, Klaus!" Ann looked up at him with excited round eyes.

"Hello, Ann," he chuckled, detaching himself from his sisters. "Val," he looks at his other sister who was smiling widely at him. "Alright you two, time to get off." He kneeled and snaked his arms around his two sisters. "You two have to be extra good today, okay?"

Val tilted her head and Ann frowned before the both asked simultaneously, "why?" I hate that word. He sighed and gave them a crooked smile.

"Mom and dad..." his mouth felt weird using those words, "are going to an event tonight, and I am in charge. Now they're going to be home very late, yes, very, very late. So I need you two to stay out of trouble so I can do some work. If you two are good enough, maybe I can let you both out on to the balcony. Does that sound good?" Their eyes lit up at the sound of the word 'balcony', to which they quickly nodded their heads.

"We'll be super good!" Ann said, giving him a faux salute. "Super, super good!!"

He chuckled and looked at Val, who was giving him an excited look, "promise?"

He ruffled her head and stood up, "have I ever broken a promise before?"

Val shook her head and looked up at him with a wide grin. "Okay! I promise I'll be good then!"

"Good, I'm going to go work right now. When I finish, we can go have a snack in the kitchen and then I'll go get my telescope and we can go to the balcony, okay?" They both gave him firm nods. Bending down a little bit, he whispered, "you guys didn't tell mother and father anything about my telescope, right?" Ann shook her head and Val zipped her mouth. "Good, because we couldn't go on the balcony if they knew. Alright, I'll be back in around two hours. You guys play, don't leave your room, and don't make any loud noises. Sound good to you two?" He asked, straightening up.

They both said quick 'yes!' before running off to their toys that littered around the room. Children, so weird. Wonder if I was ever like that?

Ptolemy shut the door to his sister's room and sighed.  I have to finish this work quickly, no distractions.  He bolted for his room and picked up the large stack of papers that were placed on the table next to the door. He took a look at the first page of the stack and chuckle. Written at the top right of the page was a handwritten note from Victoria Mawyer, one of Klaus's close friends. She was about 4 years older than him but that didn't stop him from being friendly to her. She was the daughter of one of his parent's colleagues and was on her way to becoming a chemist. Naturally, her parents assigned her to help Klaus with work (even though he didn't need it). Scribbled at the top of the paper was a note that read, "sorry for the huge of work but you know what your dad is like, lol" and marked with a small smiley face. She'll never grow up, will she?

Edited by Ptolemy

After an excruciating three hours of work, Klaus had finally finished the paperwork Victoria had set for him. As promised, he entered his father's office to put the papers on his desk. Klaus couldn't help but examined every inch of his father's office. There were several paintings, most of them were portraits belonging to talented people in the family. There was his grandfather, the man who started the company and his father, along with some relatives he had never met. Wonder if I'll ever be on that wall. He sighed, quietly making his way out of the office.

As he entered his sister's room, they were both occupied by several pieces of paper and an assortment of crayons. "You two ready?" He asked just about the same time both of their heads shot up and looked at him eagerly. I guess they are. "Well, what are you waiting for? Hurry up now."

"Yes!" Val exclaimed, her loud and high pitched voice rang through the whole house. "I love going to the balcony!"

"Sh!" Klaus hushed her, putting a finger on his lip. "The neighbors can hear you from a mile away Valerie. They might go on and tell mother and father if you don't be quiet," he told her, stealing a quick glance at Annabelle, who was walking silently next to him. She's usually just as excited as Valerie, what's wrong with her? Coughing into his shoulder, he examined the watch on his arm and smiled. 8:57. We still have at least two hours left. Turning back to his sisters, he motioned towards his room. "I need to go get my telescope real quickly, you two stay here. Don't move."

As he entered his room, he pulled his wooden desk by half a meter before taking out a large but thin box that was wedged between it and the wall.  Up you go.

Taking his telescope carefully out of the box, he made his way back to his sisters. "Let's go." He rubbed his hands together and grinned. Since the only way they could get to the balcony was through the hallway window, Klaus, Val, and Ann had to open the window and slowly slide through safely to the balcony. Klaus slowly opened the window and blew a sigh of relief when it didn't emit any kind of sound. Opening it to the widest it can be, he ushered his sisters out into the night.

"Come on now, the more you hurry up, the more we stay out there," he told them, a small smile playing on his lips. He helped each of his sisters out before grabbing his telescope and following after them. The balcony wasn't a large one, but it was enough to hold a decent crowd of people. "You guys ready?"

He looked up at the sky and since their house was in a relatively safe spot of Berlin, the stars were a lot more prominent today. He smiled at his sisters, who were also looking up at the sky in awe. "Pretty cool, huh?" He smirked cheekily as he gave a sideways glance to his sisters. They nodded frantically and clapped their hands together. I'm pretty sure I was like that when I first saw stars. He chuckled and set his telescope up.

"Keep watch, make sure no one we know sees us okay? They'll probably tell mother and father what the saw," he muttered the last part to himself. They'll take away the only thing I love doing. He sighed bitterly and continued assembling his telescope. Maybe they'll allow me to pursue it even if they found out? No, all forms of hobbies would be a distraction to them.

When he finally finished setting up the telescope, he placed it to the edge of the balcony and turned to his sisters. "Which one of you guys want to go first, hm?" Val immediately shot her hand up, to which Ann pouted. "You can go after Val, okay Ann?" The boy smiled lightly as Ann gave in and smiled back at him. "Alright, Val. Just put your eye on this little thing right here, and you can adjust it..." he trailed off when a flash of light enveloped him. Car lights? He turned to the direction, it was a man taking a picture of them with his flash still on. Mister Wagner. Oh no. He quickly scooped up Ann and Val, making them enter the house urgently. "I'll explain later, just get in!" Taking all of his telescope, he threw himself inside and closed the window, shutting it tightly and locking it. Oh, no. I'm dead. I'm so dead.

He collapsed against the wall and groaned.  I am dead. Mother and father will never let me out of the house again. He looked at his sisters, who both had concerned expression latched on their faces. "Okay," he breathed, "I'll explain everything to Mister Wagner and we'll be fine." He gulped, stumbling to his legs. "We'll be fine. We'll be fine," he repeated to himself as he made his way out to the front yard. Blinking his eyes, he quickly found his neighbor, who was standing next to his driveway, phone in hand. "Hello Mister Wagner, great to see you!" Cut the crap. He sighed, narrowing his eyes at the phone in his hand. "How much will it take for you to not show those photos to my mother and father?"

His neighbor rose an eyebrow at him and chuckled, "I don't want money from you, boy." his face grew serious. "What I really need is info."

Ptolemy bit into his piece of garlic bread he had bought recently. I've been walking for quite some time. Why haven't I seen any creatures or mobs at all? They might not be compatible familiar but I should've seen at least some traces of wildlife. He sighed, bringing his face into his hands.  Maybe I shouldn't have come. This might just be a suicide quest for all I know! No one I have met before has had a familiar. Maybe I've traveled all the way over here for nothing. He sighed, biting the interior of his cheek. No, I can't give up. Certainly not when I've been out here for three hours already. I'm relieved that we don't have any stamina in this game. I would've stopped at least a dozen times already. He chuckled, his physical strength had never been well. Sure, he was tall and such, but that didn't mean that was necessarily good at nay physical sport. 

Edited by Ptolemy

He sighed, still no sign of any familiars. Maybe I should just head back to town. I'm frankly growing quite tired of this, maybe I should resume this quest tomorrow. He sighed, defeated. He started marching back to the floor's town, a small frown on his face. This is not going well. Not going well at all. I've spent at least three hours here, and I can't even find a bloody thing! Unbelievable! He took in deep breaths and sighed,  I guess I'm just so used to things being handed to me on a silver platter that I've forgotten what it felt like to actually go out and do things. He ran a hand through his hair and sighed. Must this be so difficult? Maybe I should go to a cafe or something like that. It'll settle my nerves more easily. I could use something to drink anyways. That's a good idea.

ID: 107062

LD: 3 + 2 + 3 = 8

Edited by Ptolemy

Ptolemy made his way into the town's cafe, a warm feeling spreading into him as he stepped inside. That feels so much better. He sighed in relief as he slid into a small booth next to a window. He huffed, signaling for the waiter to come to his table. He ordered a small iced tea and leaned back in his chair, finding himself lost in thought. So far, this quest hasn’t been what I expected. Ptolemy frowned at the thought but shook it off. No worries, there’ll always be better chances later. I just need to relax before I set off again, I’m tired and that’s all.

Eventually, he got bored and started tapping on the wooden table of the cafe, a bad habit he is used to. What familiar would be nice to have? Or especially what type of familiar specifically? Maybe a healing one? Those are handy and I don’t want to die in battle too soon. He bit his lip and sighed. Why is this so hard to decide?

Edited by Ptolemy

A few minutes of fidgeting with just about everything, his tea finally came in. Giving the waiter a quick smile and ‘thank you’, he resumed to being lost in thought. If I wanted a good Familiar, I think a cat would be the best for me. He felt giddy at the thought. Cats are just so cute.. and soft. He sighed, I remember going to Victoria's house once and she had a little black cat! Ugh! When I asked mother and father if we could get one when I was little, and they said no, But I guess I didn’t understand why our They didn't allow cats in our household. He sighed, taking a sip out of his tea.

But I guess I understand now though. I used to pass so many strays on the streets too. He chuckled sweetly at the memory. I miss everyone so much though. Mother and father said that were too dangerous to touch, so I guess that leads me away from them.

Edited by Ptolemy

Sighing to himself, Ptolemy pressed the side of his head against the window. I think it's time for me to go to sleep soon. The player yawed, rubbing his heavy eyelids.  I'll have better luck tomorrow or something.. he sighed, standing up and stretching his arms along with a mumbled 'I'm too tired to walk'. After thanking the waiter, he made her way into the dark town. Where's the inn again? I swear I saw one around here before I went inside the cafe... 

He looked around, smiling softly as he saw the inn he was looking for. Entering the building with a shudder, he went to the receptionist and asked for a room, who gave her one soon after. I'm glad I don't have to do for the rest of the day. He sighed happily, collapsing on to his bed once he got to the room. It'll be tomorrow soon.

I can't sleep.  The thought immediately, a frown forming on his face. Blasphemy! Rubbing his eyes, he sat upright on the bed and groaned, how can I sleep if this keeps bothering me so much? I feel like the last twenty-two years of my life were just a complete blur. It is the loneliness that sees you, at a dinner with several other people, playing your part: Artfully presenting yourself as half of a united, happy person in the hope that life will imitate art. In the hope that your affectation of a connection will be rewarded with an actual connection. It is the only type of loneliness that cannot be named for the shame it brings on you. Other types of loneliness are legitimate, but not this one. How, after all, can you be happy and lonely? It is the type of loneliness that, in order to combat it, you try to ignore it.