[PP14] <<Feeding The Enemy>> (Kyoto,Itzal)

Kyoto walks off the teleport portal on the 14th Floor. He’s unfamiliar with it so he’s trying to get a feel of his surroundings. After finding out where the nearest settlement he started to walk close to it. Nice thing is he knows why he is here and the only thing he need’s to do now is to message Itzal and have him meet up with him but where? He looks around as  he see’s a great rally point near the center of the settlement. It doesn’t seem to have much places for people to really get to meet up at and he doesn’t feel like finding a pub. Not like it matters Itzal probably know where everything is in this settlement. As he approaches a stone wall he leans against it and messages Itzal.

Spoiler

To Itzal

Hey man I’m on floor 14 I’m ready to get my familiar. Meet me in the center of the settlement I’m hanging around where I believe a stone wall is.

Kyoto

He looks around noticing a lot of NPC wearing heavy armor and green cloaks. He things it little fishy but what does he know. The only thing is he’s the only one that seems to be wearing no plated armor and it also feels like everyone staring at him. But that not going to bother him.

@Itzal

Edited by Kyot0

Itzal was in the middle of a nice stroll through the second floor.  It was a bright and beautiful day so he felt like some time off would be nice.  Even Velnia was having fun, and sniffing around for rabbits to hunt at random moments.  Unfortunately he had to put that on hold when he received a message from Kyoto.  He read the message and frowned in confusion, stopping his stroll.  Velnia noticed him stopping and flew over to see what his message said.  "...Why floor fourteen?  That's like, one of the most depressing floors he could choose."  He shook his head and sighed.  If he wanted to get his familiar there then he wouldn't argue.  He walked back to the house and picked up Familiar call and three spyglasses.  That reminded him, he should go get some items to make finding the labyrinth for the next boss easier.  With that he used the teleport pad on his house to travel to the fourteenth floor.  It was really convenient for him since no one could teleport to his house if they didn't own it, which meant privacy.  Which of course was what Jenna wanted.  He spotted Kyoto almost immediately and waved.  "Hey!  I brought a familiar sight, and a few spyglasses..  I gotta ask however, why this floor?"  As he asked this Velnia shot over to Kyoto and almost knocked him down with the force of her incoming hug.  She then brushed her cheek against his own.

@Kyot0

After hearing Itzal’s voice and a purple dragon tackling him he gives her the biggest hug. “For your question. Why this floor? I’m sure you know about our pass few journeys you’ve kind of seen me down. Well I figured the best way is to find a familiar that show’s what going on and maybe one day my familiar will be something beautiful.” He looks at Kyoto knowing that how he sounds isn’t the most pleasant but He’s sure that Itzal understand what is going on in his life at the moment. It’s definitely not easy going though knowing there’s family and friends out in the real world that you want to reunite. Specially since his only family member is his little sister. Kyoto wasn’t much of a popular kid back in the real world he feels like he’s made more friends playing this death game than over the 19 years that he’s been alive. But even though this is a virtual world these are real people and they have great opinion with him.

@Itzal

Itzal blinked in response to the player's answer, and even Velnia looked at him with a weird expression.  "...Ah!  Well, that makes..  Sense I guess.  But wouldn't you want something that balances it out?  An example is that I'm more controlled, logical, focused.  Velnia is everything but tha- GET OUT OF HIS POCKET."  Velnia's tail was poking out of Kyoto's pocket and vanished, her head poking out but not leaving.  Itzal sighed.  "My point is, if you really feel this way, then it would probably be a good idea to get yourself a familiar that's more joyful and uplifting.  Now maybe we'll find a familiar here you never know.  But if you're feeling down, sad, depressed or angry, finding a companion that fits that description is..  Not the best idea, if I'm going to be totally honest.  I like the idea you have of it transforming, but outside elements tend to effect the mind.  Being surrounded by, I don't know.  A flaming skeleton doesn't exactly bring up good thoughts...  However, If it's what you truly want then, I'll support you Kyoto.  I just don't want you feeling the way you do,"  he said with a comforting and supportive smile.

@Kyot0

Kyoto smiles after hearing Itzal’s speak. “I mean I’m not wanting it to be nothing but a skeleton. What I had in mind was a dragon but basically It’ll look like a dragon but it resembles how I’m feeling. I don’t feel depressed or anything but I do feel the of something that will express how I feel and I can guaranteed you that once I’m done it will show you how exactly I’m feeling. To be honest When I was younger I had an imaginary friends that was a skeleton dragon but she would change colors by how my mood was and when I was younger and I was scared of the dark she was there to protect me. I sound weird now because why a skeleton but I played lots of card games with my dad and one deck he made was an undead deck and the main creature was a undead dragon and when I was younger I named her Seido and I figure if I can bring her in here she will get me though this.” He smiles as he gets up knowing that Velnia is still in his pocket. “Hey now stay away from that. That for me and this trip”. As he pulls out the Golden Garlic Toast.

@Itzal

Itzal blinked once again.  "Ok, that makes a whole lot more sense.  But dude, I don't think you'll find anything but a skeleton monster on this floor to tame.  Just saying."  Velnia's head perked up when she heard the word dragon and stared at Kyoto for a good while.  When he pulled the food out she snapped at it but ultimately let it go and just dived back into his pocket.  Itzal sighed and shook his head before pulling out his song crystal and tossing it to Kyoto.  "Here.  The familiar sight.  Helps a lot.  And take this too:"  he said as he pulled out the spyglass.  "You can spot familiars and dungeons from farther away.  Makes tracking them down a lot quicker.  Out of curiosity what kind of card game was it?"  He looked out at the horizon before nodding.  "We should uh, probably head out.  Come on, I know the more safe routes through this floor."  And with that Itzal took the lead as they headed out of the settlement.  "Use the spyglass to try and spot the familiar.  If you do let me know where it is and I'll lead us safely towards it, ok?"  He looked at the spyglass again and grinned.  "It will be really useful finding labyrinths in the future.  There's all sorts of hidden gems out there for players to uncover!"

@Kyot0

Kyoto nods as he smiles. I’ll let you know. As he follows Itzal. Looking at the item’s Itzal give him he decided to use a third of the charges of the spyglass to see if he can a familiar. After looking around for a while he sees one out in the distance about 750 meters to the east of them. Before telling him where the nearest thing he sees he answers Itza’s last question. “It was Called Magic The Gathering. My dad and his friends spent a lot of time on the weekends playing it and one day my dad made me this deck and I got to spend time with him and his friends. I know it sounds nerdy but my dad wasn’t big in much of anything besides trading card games and also baseball so those are the only two things I have of memories with him.” He then look again as the familiar is about 500 meters to the north east. “Itzal I see one its about 500 meters to the north east.” Kyoto can see why Itzal kind of surprised about why this floor for a familiar but he knows why now.

@Itzal

Itzal listened to Kyoto telling him about the card game magic the gathering.  Itzal chuckled and shrugged.  "I've heard of the game but never played it.  I spent my whole childhood locked in my room playing video games.  However, once we get out of here maybe you could teach me how to play?  Hopefully I'll catch on quickly and set up a decent strategy or two."  He chuckled after saying this, though in truth he doubted he'd ever beat someone who had been playing the game for a while.  "Though, now I want to know more about magic the gathering.  You say you wanted a skeleton dragon because of your cards.  Is undead a type of class or element in the card game?  Or is it just a type of monster?"  Kyoto then mentioned how he saw a monster about five hundred meters away.  Itzal nodded.  "Alright, just remember.  It's a monster so most likely it will be hostile at first until you tame it."  Itzal scanned the area for any materials he could find but only found one.  He sighed as he picked the dull shard of iron up and inserted it into his inventory.  "This place really is desolate.." 

ID#  107170  CD:  1  LD:  16+8  +1 MAT

1 MAT total

Kyoto looks at him. “It’s a deal I’ll show you it. It even though I played for a while now you always have ways to beat me. Different colors in the game have different effects and abilities that counter other colors. So for example I play Black and Blue which is more of a control death type deck which has high mana cost which means it will take me a while to get anything out. To counter that you would usually use a populate deck or even just a burn deck since most of those card consist of low mana cost. Populate is normally a Black and White deck and the burn is well… Red. Again when we get out of here I’ll be glad to show you how powerful my deck is.” He smirks and does a little chuckle as he goes back to the game. “By the way you said you play video games is there any time of game you have that has a strategy game? If so what your strategy because that may help me figure out what kind of deck will suit you and you can go from there.” He smiles as he goes back to the card game. Kyoto stomach started to growl so it must be the right time to eat that Golden Garlic Toast that he got to boost his chances in getting his familiar. While he's eating it he remember he had the item Itzal gave him for this quest as well. Kyoto gets it out of his inventory and then crushes it to get even more of a boost. He smile's as he say's to himself "Let's do this."

Edited by Kyot0

He listened carefully to what Kyoto was stating.  How there were different colors to indicate different effects and abilities.  How each had their own way to counter other colors.  He continued to state that he owned a black and blue, or rather control death deck, which has high cost requiring him to wait it out a bit.  And how to counter this one could use the popular decks, including a burn deck, which requires less mana.  He thought about this for a moment.  In SAO and most video games, burn usually was a damage over time effect.  Perhaps that was the literal translation for a burn deck?  Or, perhaps not.  It was hard trying to shift terms around.  He looked up when he mentioned video games and chuckled.  "I've got a lot of them.  If you name it I probably already have it.  But, my strategy usually varies depending on what skills, abilities, equipment and enhancements are available to the player.  So in truth I'd probably just have to play it physically for a bit before I find the perfect match for me.  You know?"  Itzal spotted two materials this time and picked them up, inserting them into his inventory.  "We should be close to your familiar by now."

ID#  107171  CD:  5  LD:  18

3 MAT total.     @Kyot0

Kyoto looks at the spyglass and see’s that the familiar is about 50 meters north from there current position. “It’s 50 meters north of where we are.” He says after hearing Itzal mention that they should be close to his familiar. “Oh, you’re going to be one of the interesting one when we get to play. Who knows you might be like me and enjoy that kind of stuff.” He smiles as he starts to see something in front of the. He smiles as he knows that what he was looking for it only matter of time he can try to tame it. He smiles as he can’t believe he sees an exact figure as the creature on his card. As he notices Velnia’s head poking out of his pocket. “You know you’re lucky that my new armor I’m getting still going to have pockets so I can stash food in there for you, so you can stop magically find food in there.” He smiles as he started to laugh. Approaching the familiar he attempts to tame it but the familiar started to growl as you see it's red eyes. Talking off getting ready to attack Kyoto he quickly pulls his sword out and stops the attack feeling lucky that he manage to dodge the attack. As the mythical creature get's up it started to fly away as the threat level between the two increased. Meanwhile Kyoto looked over at Itzal "Do you think i should try to tame it again or do you think we should try to find another one?"

@Itzal

ID# 107181 results: 5 + 3 + 3 + 2 = 13

Edited by Kyot0

Itzal listened to Kyoto's words and chuckled.  "I sure hope it will be fun.  I can, be competitive when it comes to games though."  When Velnia poked out of the pocket and heard his words she looked up at him, her head upside down.  She grinned then dived into his pocket again, coming out with a donut hole in her mouth, which vanished pretty quickly.  Itzal sighed.  "One of these days, you are going to stop breaking the laws of physics and just start making sense."  Velnia gave him a grin that he knew said 'we'll see about that'.  He sighed again before shaking his head.  When They ran into the monster Kyoto spotted, he noticed it went hostile immediately.  Itzal drew his sword quickly when it failed to hit him, but it had managed to fly away.  "Well that wasn't any fun...  And whether we continue to look for it and make another attempt to tame it is completely up to you man.  That's your call to make.  May be a bit difficult to tame it though, and it may just fight to the death the next time.  If that happens though, I can help defeat it."  Itzal spotted three additional materials and inserted them in his inventory.  He was probably going to find just one the next time around.  At least he found materials quickly though.

+3 MAT.  6 Total  @Kyot0

9 posts remaining with spyglass

Kyoto looks at Itzal. “I’m not done with this one yet.” He looks ahead and see if he can see it but is not able to find it anywhere. “Hmm let me see if I can find it again.” After he looks at Itzal and just starts to walk around for a bit just so he can walk everything off. “That was a little to close for comfort.” He laughs as he then pulls out the spyglass seeing if he can find the familiar once more. Seeing that its about 500 meters to the north west of them he looks at Itzal once more. “Well it looks like it moving north west its about 500 meters out.” He looks in his pocket seeing Velnia which had some bread in her mouth. “I don’t get you.” As she gives another grin and dives back down his coat pocket poking around trying to either get comfortable or still looking for food that comes out of nowhere.

ID# 107189 results: LD: 18 + 3 = 21 (+1 Mat)  [Didn't know I had to wait 10 post to look for the familiar again.]

Edited by Kyot0

Itzal nodded when Kyoto stated that he would continue chasing after that familiar and thus they continued to march on.  When Itzal heard him mention how it was too close for comfort Itzal chuckled nervously.  "Yeah...  If it attacks again I'll be sure to protect you since, a mob from this high a floor could possibly kill you if you aren't careful.  Reflexes and reaction skills can only do so much in the end."  He fell silent as Kyoto looked through the spyglass, letting him focus on spotting the monster that would hopefully become his familiar.  When he did, he informed Itzal that it was five hundred meters away.  "Another five hundred?  Dang.  Well it may end up taking longer since it's aware of our presence now and may try to flee before we reach it.  Hopefully not though.  I have one rank in stealth so I'm not that good at it just yet."  At his words to Velnia Itzal ended up laughing and shook his head.  "Kyoto, I doubt anyone ever will.  So what kind of personality are you hoping your familiar has?  Joyful?  Childish?  Strong?  Proud?  Concerned?  Defensive?  Protective?This time Itzal spotted four materials which genuinely surprised him.  He thought he would have received one but he wasn't about to complain.  He placed the item in his inventory.

ID#  107207  CD:  11  LD:  11+8  10 Total  

Kyoto listen to Itzal as nods at him hearing that if this familiar attacked him again that Itzal will take care of. After hearing the fact that the familiar might be trying to flee made him kind of concern that it will take him little longer than he expected to get his familiar.  After hearing Itzal ask what kind of personality is Kyoto hoping his familiar would be he haven’t really thought of it. He hopes its Joyful and even Protective but he’s happy with what it turns out to be. As he feels Velnia trying to get her head out of his pocket he then helped her. “What did you finally unable to find food?” he chuckles as he then response to Itzal’s question. “To be honest I hope it will be Joyful and / or Protective. But to be honest I’ll be happy what ever it decided.” He smiles as he looks forward.

@Itzal

When Velnia heard Kyoto speak to her she poked her head out, holding an ear of corn between her claws, her mouth over it as she nibbled away at it.  Itzal burst out laughing at the sight.  "Ok, corn is a new one ha ha!"  He shook his head as Velnia vanished into his pocket again.  "Oh goodness, that girl is an odd one that."  He turned to look at Kyoto to listen to the man's answer.  He nodded to his answer in understanding.  "I hope the same.  We all need some life, positivity, and joy in our lives.  Especially in the darkest of times.  No one should be without that."  As he walked along the floor he thought about the silence, the desolation in the area.  "...You think Kayaba would give us the ability to change these floors?  Try and restore damage that's already been dealt or something?  Like this floor for example.  Maybe there's a hidden quest, or future event that will let us restore the world.  Or at least the settlements.  Put up a wall?  Something to give the npcs here hope."  The thought of healing some of these floors and establishing some sort of peace as they climbed the castle of Aincrad.  Restoring what damage the histories of these floors had caused.  It was a comforting sight.  It ended up bringing a smile to his face.  "Everyone talks about how psychotic Kayaba is, but if he's psychotic I don't think he would be able to manage all of this.  He has a purpose for all this for certain, and I don't think he's just going to watch.  I wonder, if he dreamed to create a world of his own.  With his own subjects that had a mind of their own.  To write a story he could see being acted out...  It's still sick to trap us all here, but still."  Itzal spotted another four materials and added them to his inventory.

ID#  107278  CD:  11  LD:  14+8  +4 MAT.    14 Total

@Kyot0

Kyoto started laughing at Velnia as he looks over at Itzal. “See something about her just makes me happy. That’s one thing I’m hoping my familiar will do. Just hope she doesn’t eat so much as Velnia.” As she hears him talking about her she stick her head out with a fried chicken leg.
“I’m not sure how in the world you get that from my coat but okay?” He started laughing again as he looks around as everything seems dead. “Yeah I’d think it be cool if we can make this place seem alive again. I mean most of the NPC at the settlement seem to be in a dreadful mood and I’m sure seeing this place be terraform would make them a bit happier than they are now. “By the way it seems like this place is pretty pragmatic huh?” He looks at Itzal as he can’t believe he just used that word instead of practical. But its alright it makes him sound intelligent.

@Itzal

"We're talking about a human being who designed a game specifically to trap players inside.  I don't think the word pragmatic belongs there.  However it is one believable reason for him doing this, regardless of whether it's actually right or wrong."  Kayaba didn't seem to care about humanity.  He was acting out of selfishness, that much was certain.  The trick was figuring out what his plans actually were.  Why he was doing all of this.  Itzal doubted the man would be content just sitting around doing nothing but watch players fight among each other, fight the bosses and die.  Something told him that Kayaba wanted to be a part of the world he created.  Maybe he was entering the world as the bosses they had to fight?  Far fetched but it was a thought.  Then of course there was the possibility he was hiding among them as an actual player.  If that were the case however it would be nearly impossible to figure out who was Kayaba.  Perhaps he designed human like npc's to keep him company and they worked together to develop this world further?  He had no idea.  In the end it was nothing but theorizing and guess work.  With not much evidence to build a solid idea on.

@Kyot0

Kyoto looks at Itzal. “You really think this isn’t practical? Like you think he made thousands of people to play this game and to kill players? I’m not sure how I really think about it to be honest. The man a murderer but we didn’t have to grab the game and the nerve gear. I get what you mean the fact that we didn’t know if this game would do that or not but at the same time we didn’t have to play the game.” He stares at Itzal little more before replying. “I joined this game hoping to make friends and to be honest I did. I’ve had ups and downs but I’m certain eventually I’ll make more friends and well make it out of this death game one way or another. Lets just enjoy what we have and eventually make it back to the real world.” He gives Itzal a smirk as he trying to feel little happy. Kyoto trying to change how he is and what’s better than being with what he would say is his best friend on this death game.

@Itzal

Itzal shook his head in reply to Kyoto's claim.  "That's one possibility.  But it's also possible that he may have just wanted to play king, or God in a world he himself created.  Regardless of that however, he's being impractical regardless.  Because trapping players against their will to do your bidding is never practical.  In a moral sense, and in a logical sense.  Also, while we as individuals made the decision to pick up the devices and go play the game, there is an insane amount of people expected to play the game on it's release.  Did you know that the total amount of players who played this game on it's release is actually pathetic compared to the first number of people playing other games on their release?"  When Kyoto told Itzal why he joined the game Itzal said with a hint of embarrassment:  "I got this game cause video games were all I did with my life, and this was the first in dive game there ever was..."  Velnia suddenly flew out of Kyoto's pocket and began flying behind a pile of stones.  When she came back out she seemed disappointed.  Itzal activated his reveal mod and laughed at what he saw.  "Wow Velnia.  You freak out at any hint of rabbit don't you.  Not interested in rabbit skeletons are you though?"  She gave Itzal a look he very much understood and puffed smoke at him, causing him to laugh more.  As he laughed a skeleton rabbit bounded over the stone and ran across the fields.  Itzal shook his head with laughter before pointing ahead.  "Alright it's hiding around here somewhere.  I'd be ready if I were you."

@Kyot0