SP-F12&23] The enemy of the enemy(Lord of the Seas)

Three days had passed since he had retrieved his familiar and he considered himself finally combat ready. After three days f constant work, Celestane and him were enough in sync that they made a pretty solid duo. They had just teleported and were now on the Twelfth floor, ready to get some answers from a player by the name of Tessa. Celes tasted the air and shook his head, making it obvious that he didn't like it. "We won't be here long, I promise. What, are you too chicken to be here?" Celes would grunt, blowing cold mist into his face, but Jonathan was lucky that he let it clear out before freezing it. Celes had made some obvious improvements as well in the past three days, having much more control of his ice while in a mist state. The Frost Dragon would jump atop of his shoulder to perch. "Alrighty then, I guess let's start asking around" The dragon would nod with his head held high as if accepting someone's challenge of his grand authority. 

Jonathan would walk through the river town of Lazaro, figuring that the first and most obvious place to be headed was somewhere public. The most people in a place, the mroe chance that one of them knew who Tessa was. The two most obvious options were town square or the market. Players would most likely gather at those places, and he wanted to talk to players, not NPC's. Deciding to start in town square, he would make his way through the grassy path until he reached it. It didn't seem as if there were many people to ask here. He would walk up to two players that were chatting, seeming to be enjoying themselves. "Hey, sorry for the interruption, but can I ask a quick question?" They stopped their conversation and nodded, and he would reply, "I'm looking for a player by the name of Tessa, any chance you know her?" They would shake their head, "Sorry bud" He would sigh and walk away. First time? It was a very low chance. "I guess I can just start asking the others" His dragon would nod, looking at the next group of people. 

He came to find quickly that none of the players came to know who the Tessa player was. While he wasn't trusting of Frigid, he knew that the man was prideful enough to tell the truth. "Alright Celes, it seems to me that no one here can help us" With a sigh, he would look down one of the paths to go to the market place. 'Where would someone hide this well at? It may just be that those players aren't on this floor very often. The market place will be full of marketers who sell here on a daily basis. They should know her at least' He would start walking towards the markets. Celes would fly after him, landing on his shoulder as he walked. 

Walking into the market, he would search around. His eyes were met with about six different shops, most of them NPC owned.Grimacing, he would walk towards the one player owned shop. Stopping at the booth, he would find that the player was selling beverages. "Can I get you anything young man? You look a bit stressed" the man would tell him. Jonathan would shake his head. "Just a water please" the shop keeper would pass him a bottle of water. 

He would [censored] the water off of the table and guzzle it down, letting the cool contents drain down his throat, cooling the hot scratchy feeling in his throat that he hadn't even noticed. As he finished the water, the bottle would burst in shards and he would send the man the col to pay for the drink."Hey, I was wondering. Do you perhaps know a player by the name of Tessa on this floor?" as soon as he asked, the man's expression hardened. "Depends who's askin'" Jonathan would raise his hands into the are as a sign that he had no intent of doing anything. "I just wanted to ask her a few questions. I heard she can help me find someone" The man didn't seem to relax. It looked as if him and Tessa were friends or something. "I'll take you to meet her, but try anything or say anything out of line and you won't be liking me" Jonathan would nod. "Thanks" The man would return all of his item from his shop to his inventory and then motion for Jonathan to follow him. 'Finally getting some answers around here, I figured I would have to bust down some doors' 

The shopkeeper would lead him to a cabin of wood on the edge of town. He would knock on the door and a woman with curly brown hair would answer the door. She was young and fair looking, but there was a fear behind her eyes as if she were worried. "Tess, this young man says he wishes to ask you a few questions. I don't think its about her, so I think you're good" Tessa would nod and step outside facing him. She was looking at the ground as she spoke, her voice wavering in and out. "What can I help you with?" she would ask. Jonathan would immediately reply, "My name is Jonathan, pleasure to finally meet you Tessa. A week ago, my guild was destroyed as a group attack us. Someone I knew told me that you might know where to find them. I'm looking for a man named Orik, or if you know, a man named Chaos" 

The girls eyes would widen. "It would probably be best if you came inside" 

He would follow her inside, the cabin seeming cozy. There were two sofas and many windows to let light in, but at the time most of the drapes covered the windows. All of the furniture was made of wood, giving it a real cabin vibe. He sat on one of the couches that was seated next to a coffee table where two mugs of tea sat, both warm and fresh. 'Why is there two mugs of tea here?' he would wonder to himself. "So... what is it?" Tessa would follow him in, sitting on the other couch. "It would be better to stay away from a man like Chaos. He thrives in destruction, in madness. He feels that this world would be better led by him" Jonathan would frown. "Why would you say that exactly?" she would sigh, looking towards the shopkeep. "I used to be in a guild owned by Chaos, it was named The Uprising. At first, our goals were simple. Get stronger, help everyone else get out of this game. It wasn't until that we started getting quite a few players that followed us that he started letting the power go to his head. He was a good leader, each of our missions being successful" 

The girls voice trailed off, but Jonathan's curiosity had peaked. "So, what happened next?" She would look to him, her mouth parted slightly. The shopkeeper was quite surprised as well. "Well..." The shopkeep stepped forward, "Hold your tongue, if she doens't wa-" The girl would speak up, "Ayer! I'll tell him, its not a problem. Well, while he never made it to the fight on time, he originally planned on making it to the Floor Nine boss battle. While he didn't make it in time, he heard of the players who died. This hadn't happened for a while as guilds like the Azure Brigade took over the boss battles, only allowing the elites join to be able to get the best items" Jonathan would frown. "What does-" She would clear her throat, shutting him up. "Due to this, he felt like he would have been better to lead, and he planned to overthrow the current frontliners. He knew the elites wouldn't just step down, so he planned to massacre them. He invited the frontliners to a party, believing they would be unarmed and unprepared at a party and then be easy to take down" She looked towards a closed door in her cabin. "Chaos has always had a closer circle of those he trusts dearly. One of them, the closest of his followers, betrayed him" 

Jonathan's brows furrowed. "A close friend of his betrayed him?" The girl would nod. "She betrayed him and let the frontliners know of his plans. When the time came, his guild was massacred, a few including Chaos escaped into the night and a few of them were spared and placed under watch for a very long time" Jonathan's eyes widened. 'Chaos, even though he caused it all, has been through the same thing as me. He lost his guild, was betrayed, and left with next to nothing...' "Chaos, with the last few of his followers, would retreat back to an old base on Floor Nine at the base of the largest volcano. I doubt its in use anymore" Jonathan would stand, a frown on his face. "Thanks for this information. What happened to him after that? What is his goal now?" The girl would look him sadly in the face and reply, "I don't know where he is or what he is doing. I bet he still thinks that he is fit to lead the Frontlines to get us out of this game. I bet he's still trying to take the reigns" Jonathan would shake his head. "Oh, you have to know something about where is at. I was told you were friends with one of his followers, Orik!" She shook her head. "There's nothing else worth to say" Jonathan's face began to show his anger. "I need answers! TELL ME WHAT YOU KNOW!" 

It was too late for him to notice a mace slamming into his left side. He would slam into the door he had walked in, pushing it open. 

Rolling out the door, Jonathan would stand, watching as Ayer stepped towards him. His bulky body and size would allow him to destroy Jonathan if they were in the real world. "If I would have known you would have brought up Chaos I would have never brought you here. She told you what she wanted, and it was a touchy subject to begin with. Now leave!" Jonathan shook his head. "She knows something about Orik. She can tell me where he is!" Ayer raised his mace again. "That may be true, but if she doesn't want to, then she doesn't have to!" Jonathan would outburst with rage. "I need answers!" The man would swing again, this time Jonathan would dodge it. He would walk past the man, towards TEssa who was standing in the doorway. "Please, just tell me where he is!" he would shout. A grunt would be heard as Ayer would charge him again, but this time Celes did the word. The dragon hopped off of his shoulder and spewed icy mist from his mouth. Ice crystals would appear, keeping the man off of him. "How did?" Jonathan would ignore him and press on. 

• 2 weeks later...

He stepped forward, the girl in front of him's face showing the obvious stress that he was putting her through. He didn't care, he just needed to find Chaos. "Any information is worth it."  he would plead to her. She would begin to turn and he would shout, "Orik"! and she would turn back. "You know something about him, don't you?" She blinked tears from her eyes before she shouted back,  "Yeah, he's a worthless coward that better never show his face to me again!" she would turn back around and slam the door behind her. This trip had nearly been a waste. He figured he could end up with an exact pinpoint of where Chaos was but instead all he got was a little bit of history and a location of an old base that he used to use. 

Sighing, he would turn around, calling Celes's name. The dragon would land upon his shoulder, and Ayer would break through the last barrier of ice.  "You best leave and never return or else next time I will kill you" Jonathan would begin to laugh sarcastically, before turning to give the man a death glance. "If you could even move my health bar, I would be surprised. The name is Morgenstern, and I actually will be leaving now. On my own account of course" 

The man's eyes would widen as Jonathan's name came into recognition. "What is a frontliner like you doing down here?" Jonathan would turn and begin walking away. "I think that's pretty obvious."  he would state plainly before leaving. He didn't have much to go off of, but what he did have was a potential location. There might have been some trails left before they moved out of that base, and if it holds any value to Chaos then it might still be in use. However, he just needed to be a little stronger than he was now. Every ounce of strength could be the ounce needed to topple Chaos from his mare of destruction. A quick stop by the quest board and he would be back and ready for action. "Luckily, I am already strong enough to solo most of these quests by myself. While the road is lonely, the path ahead requires that. I'll be dead soon enough anyway"  His foot would leave the ground as he marched forward. The sun had already seemed to have reached its highest peak and was beginning to set, giving him a few hours tops before needing to call it a night. He would investigate the old base tomorrow instead of at night. Something told him that the dark of the night would end up helping Chaos more than him. 

He looked towards the sky which was becoming increasingly cloudier.  'Perfect. Something at least is going my way, the storm is brewing'.  At certain points of the day, the floor became plagued with a terrible thunderstorm, indicating that a certain boss was ready to spawn when a player came in contact with a certain area of the swamp. A flash of light would meet his eyes as lightning streaked across the sky, more powerful than even Velnia could ever produce. He stepped up to the murky water, taring into it for a second. Ripples began to form. Ripples became waves that washed onto the shore. Soon, all of the water was quaking as a massive beast began to move out of it. The creature was much larger than him and if it wasn't a video game it should have him easily beat. He unsheathed his weapon, a low growl is heard as Celestane eyes the large creature. The Wyvern looked down at them as if they were a tasty treat. The Wyvern made the first move, its head rearing back and coming down to chomp. Jonathan rolled to the right, narrowly dodging the blow. Celes taking to the sky, sending blasts of ice at the opponent, slowing it down along with being a general annoyance. "Alright, getting straight into it are we?" 

He would stand again from his roll, Celes returning to his side. Seeming pretty mad, the beast would rear back its head. "Icy Destroyer" he would tell his familiar as the Wyvern began to charge forward. He would stand still this time, holding his weapon at his right side. He would wait and in the last moments before he was impacted by the Lord's maw a wall of ice would appear, the beasts head slamming into it. Ice would shatter, spraying everywhere. A wind torrent would cause the shards to fly back for several meters. In the few moments of the beast's hesitation he had leapt upwards and now scaled its neck. As it realized where he was, it began to thrash, sending him flying into the air. As he came into freefall, he would begin to smile. 

He spun upwards, spiraling in the air. He finally gained balance and noticed the ground had become microscopic, the battle fading from view. He was up at least a few thousand feet and he finally came to a stop in the air. He looked around for the few seconds. The floor was beautiful from this view. He got a whole view of the floor, but the happiness ended rather quickly. He shifted motions, turning right into a free fall. 

The memory of the fight with Nerius would fade as he flew back down, spinning himself in a circle. The curved blade would slash down the Lord of the Seas' neck as he became a whirlwind with his weapon. He landed on the ground in a graceful crouch. A roar was heard and a smile came to his face.  

108503 BD:10(+3) MD:2(+1)
Morgenstern deals: 
(16+2) *11=198 DMG

Morgenstern: 1370/1370 HP | 114/124 EN | 16 DMG | 6 HM | 126 MIT | 4 ACC | -1 EVA | 69 BH | Para. Imm. 

<<Sea Wyvern>> 102/300 | 300 DMG | Lightning Strike: MD:9-10 ~ Attack becomes AOE and Phases through all armor

He uncrouched, Celestane flying around his avatar with a smug look on his face. "Alright, nice! Our work is already almost done here" Holding his weapon tighter, he turned to watch the boss writhe in the water from the attack he used. 'I really have improved, Chaos is going to have a hard time making a fool of me like he did last time' The boss would return his attention to him, thrashing the earth to try and crush him. He moved as the ground he stood on was destroyed by an angry Sea Wyvern. "Time to calm this guy down Celes" He charged forward, his weapon gaining a bright blue aura. "Frozen Snare" His familiar would nod as as the creature hit the ground again, ice would form, keeping the Wyvern's head on the ground. Its strength was too much for the ice and immediately began cracking, but it gave Jonathan enought time to strike the creature, converting the boss into data shards. 

As the shards dispersed, he would sheathe his weapon and Celes would fly to his shoulder. "Alright, after the Boss tomorrow, we can start after Chaos" 

108504 BD:5(+3) MD:1
Morgenstern deals: 16 *11=176 DMG ~ Sea Wyvern Dead

Morgenstern: 1370/1370 HP | 104/124 EN | 16 DMG | 6 HM | 126 MIT | 4 ACC | -1 EVA | 69 BH | Para. Imm. 

<<Sea Wyvern>> 102/300 | 300 DMG | Lightning Strike: MD:9-10 ~ Attack becomes AOE and Phases through all armor

• 2 weeks later...

After returning to the main city of Floor twelve, he would teleport back up to the 23rd floor. He never had spent much time up here, but there would be many stronger monsters for him to train with. He would open his skills. Most of the skills had gone to being a dedicated tank, but now was the time for change. If he wanted to beat Chaos, he would have to deal a lot more damage to take him out. Chaos had lower mitigation, meaning if Jonathan dealt enough damage he would fall. The last time they had fought, Jonathan had been surprised at the increase of speed seen from Chaos, but now he felt like he would be able to deal with it. Chaos could attack as much as he wanted as long as he was attacking back. He moved over to his block skill and pressed the sell button. It asked him if he was sure he wanted to do this, he clicked accept. Money would be drawn from his account and Skill Points would be refunded. He was then transfer these skill points, picking up a few mods, finishing the Two handed straight sword skill, and starting the charge skill. He would get up and stretch, now moving into his inventory. He would equip the Twilight Protector and Judgement. In a flash of light, he would be covered by a full body black heavy armor. A large broadsword would appear on his back and a helmet in his hand. He would fixate the helmet on his head and look around. The helmet didn't take away from his perception at all. "Celes, assault mode" The dragon would grin and its scales would become darker and more pointed. It would look at him plainly before shooting a condensed breath of mist. 

"Alright, let's get some practice in" 

Jonathan - Stats Changed

Spoiler

Battle Stats: 
1390/1390 HP | 126/126 EN | 19 DMG | 126 MIT | 4 ACC | -1 EVA |  42 Thorns | 69 BH | 3 HM | 25% DoT Reduction
Level: 65 - 323 SP
1390  HP
126 Energy
+4 Accuracy
-1 Evasion
19 Base Damage
126 Mitigation
69 Battle Healing
42 Thorns

+3 Heavy Momentum

Equipped Items:
» «Judgement» (+9 DMG) (Tier 3, Two Handed Straight Sword)
» «Angel's Pendant» (+3 ACC) (Tier 1, Trinket): 
» «Twilight Protector» (42 Thorns, +3 Heavy Momentum) (Tier 3, Heavy Armor)
» *«Dimensional Backpack» (+1 Battle Ready Inventory extra slot)
» *«Celestane» (+81 Mitigation) (Tier 3, Protector Familiar)

Skills
Rank 5 - One-Handed Curved Sword (+5 DMG)
Rank 5 - Two-Handed Straight Sword (+7 DMG)
Rank 1 - Charge (+1 DMG)

Rank 5 - Heavy Armor (+35 MIT) 
Rank 5 - Battle Healing (5% of Max HP per turn) 
Rank 0 - Howl <<10 EN Cost>> (+3 Hate)
Rank 0 - Fishing

E - Rank 0 - Survival (Immune to Environmental Effects, 45 HP recovered Out of Combat)
E - Rank 0 - Meditation (Inactive)
E - Rank 3 - Protector Familiar (+81 MIT)

Active Mods
Stonewall (+45 HP, +10 MIT, 25% DoT reduced)
Athletics (+45 HP, +1 DMG)
Emergency Recovery (Upon 25% HP, Recover 10%) 
THSS Ferocity (+1 DMG) 

Focused Howl (8 EN Cost>> (+5 Hate))
Precision (+1 ACC)
Focused Howl (8 EN Cost>> (+5 Hate)) <<Currently Inactive>>

Active Buffs

Battle-Ready Inventory

1. Item
  2. Item
  3. Item
  4. Item
  5. Item
  6. Item

1390/1390 HP | 126/126 EN | 19 DMG | 126 MIT | 4 ACC | -1 EVA |  42 Thorns | 69 BH | 3 HM | 25% DoT Reduction

He stood on the surface of the floor, the only place where  the Sun touched. There were hardly any functioning NPC's up here, those that were were the outcasts of those below. He didn't particularly like this floor due to the fact that most of the NPC's disregarded players. That was the reason he didn't come here much. As he walked out, thudding footsteps like thunder would be heard, four crazed beastmen. They carried axes of bone and had goat legs and head. Grinning, Jonathan would pull the sword off of his back. "Well, here we go boys" he would say, a smile on his face. His foot would drive into the ground,a power increase coursing through him as he activated the charge skill. He prepared his own AOE attack, moving full speed towards his opponents. Celestane, meanwhile, would move to the back of his opponents, freezing the ground and creating sharp jagged icicles for them to hit into. His weapon took a yellow hue just before he began to swing. 

He would take a hit from the first beastmen, due to the slowness of his sword, but that wouldn't prevent it from being crushed by his weapon. It would be thrown back several meters but he would begin t move into the next on, slashing his opponent with another powerful blow. He didn't stop until all the beastmen had been struck, knocked away from the sheer force of his weapon. "Celes, bring it back to defensive. I can take care of the offensive" 

Battle Healing Activated (+69 HP)
Charge Activated! (+1 DMG)

Sword Art Used: Calamity Disaster (x12 AoE) : 12+8=20 EN Used (+1 Regen)
ID:109050 -> 109053
BD:10 19+2+1=22*12=264  MD:7= 196-126=70 DMG taken
BD:9 19+1+1=21*12=252 MD:5+1= 196-126=70 DMG taken
BD:2+4 19+1*12=240 MD:4 Miss
BD:5+4 19+1*12 = 240 MD:4 Miss

Morgenstern 1319/1390 HP | 107/126 EN | 19 DMG | 126 MIT | 4 ACC | -1 EVA |  42 Thorns | 69 BH | 3 HM | 25% DoT Reduction

Crazed Beastman A: 411/675 | 196 DMG
Crazed Beastman B: 423/675 | 196 DMG
Crazed Beastman C: 435/675 | 196 DMG
Crazed Beastman D: 435/675 | 196 DMG

With a third of his opponents health down, Jonathan would wait for them all to come back near him. Despite having had a number dealt to them, they only seemed angered. The one from the left would charge him, this time using ts horns instead of its ax. Celestane would move into a defensive position, creating a wall of ice for it to have to smash through and then afterwards a floor of ice to slip on. It would break through the wall no problem, but then it would slip on the ice, sailing past him. The other three meanwhile would also charge, coming into range for him to begin an attack. Smiling, he would swing his weapon, slashing through the first two in a wide arc. The would be knocked back, not without him taking a hit or two. Then, he would turn on the third, slamming his weapon into it so that it would fly far back. The last one that regained its balance would quickly be taken care of with another slash. He would observe the wild beastmen now that they were at a third of their health. "You guys aren't looking too hot" he would say, having his sword rest on his shoulder. 

Battle Healing Activated (+69 HP)

Sword Art Used: Calamity Disaster (x12 AoE) : 12+8=20 EN Used (+1 Regen)
ID:109060 -> 109063
BD:2+4 19*12=228  MD:4 Miss
BD:3+4 19*12=228 MD:7= 196-126=70 DMG taken
BD:10 19+2*12=252 MD:4 Miss
BD:2+4 19*12 = 228 MD:6 196-126=70 DMG taken

Morgenstern 1248/1390 HP | 88/126 EN | 19 DMG | 126 MIT | 4 ACC | -1 EVA |  42 Thorns | 69 BH | 3 HM | 25% DoT Reduction

Crazed Beastman A: 141/675 | 196 DMG
Crazed Beastman B: 111/675 | 196 DMG
Crazed Beastman C: 183/675 | 196 DMG
Crazed Beastman D: 186/675 | 196 DMG

• 2 weeks later...

Only one attack remained. One final blow on each of his opponents and they would finally fall before him. He might then, finally be ready to take on Chaos and defeat him completely. He had been training without rest, his resolve was what pushed him forward. Lifting his sword once more, he would stare at his enemies. He willed his energy into his weapon, his energy draining further but his weapon burning bright. He would charge forward, swinging his weapon after he got into range. His blade would cut through all of them, each of them shattering into little pixels. Sheathing his weapon, he would examine the loot drop, seeing if anything was worth while. Nothing much, just materials and col. Resources were cool, but he was beginning to search for even better equipment. The Bialas Bindings seemed more suited to fight against players with the Paralyze enhancement. "Well, I guess we can head back Celes" 

Battle:
ID:110231 BD:3 19*12=228 ~ Dead
ID:110232 BD:3 19*12=228 ~ Dead
ID:110233 BD:9 19*12=228 ~ Dead
ID:110234 BD:8 19*12=228 ~ Dead

Loot:
ID:110235 LD:10  CD:4 ~ 1 Crafting Material
ID:110236 LD:14  CD:4 ~ 2 Crafting Materials
ID:110237 LD:19  CD:11 ~ 4 Crafting Materials
ID:110238 LD:1 - No additional

8100 Col, 7 T3 Materials

• 2 weeks later...

The dragon would fly to perch upon his shoulder. It was a prideful beast but it seemed to have grown attached to him in the last few days. He felt that there was more training that the dragon could go through to become stronger, but for now he was ample enough. He wondered how the dragon would fare against Velnia. Velnia of course was much faster than Celestane due to pure training and natural talent. Celestane's body was more focused on being able to take hits, meaning he would be more durable than Velnia for sure. As for elements, Ice and Lightning had no advantages against one another. Of course, a blast from Velnia's lightning would break through the ice, but it would be stopped as well. She could dodge the ice attacks from Celestane, but also not be able to get through Celestane's defenses. It would be a battle of attrition or luck. He would begin to walk forward, his weapon now sheathed on his back. 

It would be tommorrow that they would begin the fight against Artamiel, and afterwards, he would take on Chaos, straight at his house. It was time to settle the score. He would pay for the lives he took that night. It seemed like he had tried his schemes before and failed, but he was going to ensure that that would repeat itself. He might have thwarted the Celestial Ascendants, but it wouldn't be long before the Frontliners regrouped. They wouldn't be needing him much longer, Hestia was a suitable replacement for him. That was why he threw away most of his tank build. They didn't need him begin a tank. He wasn't protecting anybody. His only mission now was to kill someone. Chaos would be paying for what he did, and Jonathan would ensure that he knew the taste of a vengeful blade. The other Sins wouldn't be safe either. They assisted him, they worked with Chaos. That Morzan... he killed many by himself. Chaos seemed upset with it, but he knew the man didn't care. The man just wanted control. And Jonathan... wanted him dead. 

Thread Completed!

4 SP
8500 Col
7 T3 Materials
Last Hit Drop from Sea Wyvern