[F01- PP] Fishing for Mats «Nature's Treasure» w/ Ennakai & Dustin

Log Entry 19

I go on another fishing trip, Except thi time its down on the first floor because I needed more tier one materials for all the new gear i need to buy because of changing up my build. Along the way a meet another new player. 

----------------------------

Cosi scrolled through his inventory one more time before leaving the Wayward Market on floor four and heading to Snowfrost's teleporter. It felt weird leaving his store without his half plate or shield equipped. Cosi had left Richter in his workshop but he had brought Rose Gold with him, just in case. He held his fishing rod in one hand and adjusted his blue scarf with the other. Cosi was left wearing a simple tan long sleeve shirt, fingerless gloves, worn looking brown pants,  and heavy winter boots in addition to the beaded bracelet Shield had given him and his draconian ring. Cosi didn't even have his sword equipped though the empty sheath was still attached to the blonde's belt. Cosi felt so naked. I guess that's what I get for changing up my build: one awkward period of time where I don't have the right kind of equipment. 

Once on the first floor, Cosi made his way to the gardens so he could start fishing and collecting mats. The gardens were beautiful. Rows upon rows of flowers covered the rolling green hills and trees laden with fruit made up small orchards. Crystal clear ponds and lakes dotted the area as well. Cosi grinned, fingered the ring on his hand and moved into the gardens ready for some fishing.

@Ennakai @Dustin

Edited by Cosi

Dustin stood in a field. His mind wasn’t doin much work, nor was his body. Though he had been up to that point, his body covered in shiny pixels meant to replicate the sparkle effect of sweat, he looks down at his white shirt covered in dirt, and his pants the same. I haven’t worked this hard since the summer in America I spent with my uncles. He looks up at the sky, with the sun beating down on his face. Those fields were hell and his cooking was worse. The boy lets out a small chuckle. His mind wandering to his best memories, though they had faded since none are more recent than 7 years before the game started. “Damn, it’s been two whole years since you died Kadin?” He looks around and spots someone who was vaguely familiar and smiles. 

“Hey! You look familiar! Have we killed a monster together?” He asked rather bluntly. His body still covered in sweat for he had been out here for hours getting work done since midnight. “You looks strong, I bet you have an awesome weapon.” He says, a huge smile on the boy’s face.

@Ennakai

Enna was just done with her crafting at her shop on floor four it was about time Enna got out and get ready to gather some materials for her shop. Enna Walked to the Teleporter of Snowfrost and teleported to Floor one where it was the best way to get materials, Enna knew a quite a bit about the floors and was great in getting Intel about the quest to get there.  As Enna walked on the Floor she was wearing a purple leather armor that looked like a trench coat with a hood, as well with White shoulder pads and white gloves. Enna got a smile on her face the moment she gets to the garden, Hello there Dust Boy, Enna thought and started to Sneak up to the guy.

Just a few moments later Enna Jumped into a tree as quiet as she could and tried to get closer to Dustin and the other guy, Ooh Mhp I seen him, He is from Floor Four as well, Got a shop there, Enna thought as she was almost above them inside a tree. As then it seemed that Dustin was done talking Enna saw her change to Jump down. But she did not land next to them No she landed on Dustin with a Smile Pushing him to the ground, "Hello There Dustin, Happy to see you here," Enna said as she was sitting on top of Dustin's chest. She jumped off from Dustin and looked at the other guy. "Good day, as well mister... Let me think Cosi, Right. Nice to see another seeker of adventure out here as well, did you like my little notes?" she asked him doing a small turn and ending with a smile.

Armor Enna is wearing atm

Spoiler

74487497b34849c1311e55175304dd86--anime-clothes-ideas-anime-clothes-outfits.jpg.85fed8fc117efa13d4c72ca06545157c.jpg

@Cosi

Cosi gave Dustin a quick wave and quickly made his way over to him. "You! Dustin, Its Cosi. yes have have gone monster hunting together but that was a while ago. And I don't have my sword or any weapon on me right now. Just my fists." Cosi held up both of his hands with a chuckle, "I actually put an order in at your shop for a new weapon." Cosi grinned a little sheepishly and extends his hand for a handshake. But it was at that moment that someone jumped down from a tree on top of Dustin. Cosi took a defensive step backwards and brought up his gloved fists. It felt a little awkward; he had nearly gone for the sword that wasn't there. I'll have to do some more training with Mars. When Cosi say that it was just another player and that her cursor was green he relaxed and dropped his fists. She seemed to know Dustin very well- considering she was sitting on him- and she seemed to know Cosi as well even though the blonde had never seen her before. Then she said something that triggered his memory. "You must be Ennakai. The info broker that left that journal in those ruins just outside of the Town of Beginnings. Nice to finally meet you." Cosi held out a hand to her.

@Dustin

Dustin looked up at Ennakai. “Oh, you got me. I was ready to have to fight.” He says with his copper hand wraps that go up to his weirdly defined bicep crossing in front of his chest. He equips his sweatshirt, because quite frankly, he was embarrassed wearing a tank top in front of these two. That would’ve been weird had I not changed. It has been a while since I’ve seen either of them. Guess we could hang out today. He turns to Cosi and smiles. “That’s right, we did fight monsters together.” He tilts his head and turns to Ennakai. “And you, next time you try that, I’ll be forced to attack you yet again.” He smiles and moves away to sit down. It’s been a while since someone was able to hold me down. It’s also been a long time since someone tried. He sits down and smiles, resting against a well close by. “I’ve been working all day, it’s your turn.” He pulls his head up and gives a thumbs up.

@Ennakai

Enna smiled a bit and then giggled at what Dustin said, "I always seem to get you, Dustin. I won't hold back, You know I'm Fast," Enna says poking Dustin multiple times in the side quite fast after each other. As Dustin sat down Enna turned to Cosi who seemed to remember now who She was, "Ennakai In Pixels and Data, Yep Yep. I went there to get some materials sorry If I stole them before you came. Do you have the journal with you or does someone else has it?" Enna asked the guy now moving Closer to him poking him as well now. Enna wanted to know if their journal or well at least notes were still around for some good use. But Enna did not want them back as She already got a new notebook to write things in, "I Don't need it back if you do, But now on to business, Cosi you have a Shop on floor four. Why not come past the Frozen Gemstone more, I got some Nice things in there, ask mister Dust over there." Enna says pointing at Dustin's neck as there was a Jewel around his Neck. Enna and giggled a bit knowing she was going fast and not even introducing herself properly, reaching out her hand to Cosi, "Let's start again then, Name Is Ennakai, Just call me Enna, Info broker as job and Artisan on the side," She said waiting for him to accept his hand.

@Cosi

Fishing: ID# 107673- CD: 11- Result: 4 mats
CD 1-4: | CD 5-6: 1 Material | CD 7-8: 2 Materials | CD 9-10: 3 Materials | CD 11: 4 Materials | CD 12: 4 materials (LD: 15+ Treasure Chest fished up!)

"Nice to meet you Enna and no I don't have your book. I actually can't remember who ended up with it. Anyways, I'm Cosi Merchant by trade and a Tank by build... Well sort of but that's not the point." Cosi starting walking deeper into the first floor gardens and then looked back at Dustin and Enna. "I was going to do a little fishing and gathering here for more Mats. You two are welcome to join." Cosi smiled at both of them and then moved over to one of the glassy surfaced lakes. There was a small dock which Cosi went out onto. He sat down, dangling his feet over the edge, and then cast out his fishing line. It wasn't long before Cois rod was given a sharp tug. Cosi quickly pulled back an reeled in his catch. It was a massive fish- it looked like a tuna- nearly three feet in length that once the blonde player took it off the hook it turned into four slices of fish meat. "Already off to a good start," Cosi said softly as he set the materials aside and cast his line in again. 

@Dustin

Edited by Cosi

Dustin stands up and removes his sweatshirt, revealing his tank top he had covered a few minutes. I don’t need to hide it, it’s just weird around Enna. He tilts his head and turns to Enna. “Hey old pal, do I still owe you drinks?” The boy’s tight shirt covered in dirt conforms to his body as he picks up a flower and plants a few seeds. The flower breaks into two materials and he smiles at Enna. “I think I still owe you drinks.” He says, as he nods, turning back around and sits against the well again. It’s been a long time, but It’s nice working in a field again. Uncle Theo would be here all day everyday. He smiles at the sky and slides his wrapped hands in his pockets. He pulls out a pocket watch and looks at the time, “How is this damn thing always right even though it’s slower than a real clock?” He asks, closing it and looking at the dragon on the front.

Spoiler

ID:107677

LD: 15 + 3 = 18

+2 T1 Materials

@Ennakai

Edited by Dustin

Enna Giggles at Dustin as well looking over to Cosi who seemed to get something out of the water, She then Turns to Dustin "I don't know from the drink, But I still one Gummy from you," Enna said giving Dustin quite a hard stomp in the shoulder not holding back on the real strength Enna had. Enna walked up to Cosi who seemed to be doing well by finding a 4 Crafting Materials, "Got some Place on the Dock?" Enna Asked skipping her way over to the dock making the dock move a little bit, once Enna was standing next to Cosi she got out a fishing rod as well and with one good swing got it into the water. It took Enna not long to Fish something up as well " And HOPA!!!" she said getting out the water some crafting materials as well. "Sweet, three of them in one try, Is it fun!" Enna said sounding quite happy. She then turned to Cosi and Smiled, "4 VS 3... Is going to be a close game for sure," she said poking him in the side and waiting for him to throw his rod as well again. Then Turned to Dustin, "Dusty, Oi... Got any Luck?" She asked him.

Action: Fishing

ID: # 107735 CD: 9

3 Materials Fished Up.

@Cosi

Edited by Ennakai

Fishing: ID# 107738- CD: 5- result: 1 mat

CD 1-4: | CD 5-6: 1 Material | CD 7-8: 2 Materials | CD 9-10: 3 Materials | CD 11: 4 Materials | CD 12: 4 materials (LD: 15+ Treasure Chest fished up!)

When Enna came and sat down by the blonde at the dock, Cosi simply smiled. When she mentioned it being a game Cosi just shrugged. He didn't care really to compete he just wanted to get more Mats because he needed to pay for his hew equipment somehow. "I guess we can compete but I really don't care. Anyways i was planning on just having it be a big pile of Mats and then splitting it equally three ways once we finish. If that's okay with everyone?" Cosi looked over to Enna and Dustin in turn. Dustin seemed to be doing some gathering among the flowers, plants, and trees. Cosi's attention was called back to the lake when his rod gave a tug. Cois reeled in a much smaller fish. He was rewarded with one mat which he added to the pile then he cast out his line again.

Spoiler

Total: 10 Mats

@Dustin

Edited by Cosi
  • 2 weeks later...

Dustin stands up and looks at Enna. His dirty shirt showed that he was a hard worker long before he joined the game. It was covered in dirt and grass, and showed his fighter’s body underneath it. Compared to most people his age, Dustin was rather athletic and it showed. He hunted, fought, and practiced every day, all with a sword. “I have been having good luck. As a matter of fact.” He pulls a plant from the ground and flips it up, catching it in his hands. This is pretty hard work, but the work is worth it, especially considering how much I have already. He looks in his inventory, pulling out a cookie and taking a bite, extending an arm holding a cookie towards Cosi. “They’re delicious. Wanna try it?” He asks with a smile.

ID: 108229

LD: 17 + 3 = 20

+2 T1 Materials

4 Total

@Ennakai

Edited by Dustin

Enna looks at Dustin as he starts to gather as well, Sure Enna has seen Dustin work before but then in combat, as he was a bit reckless then but seeing him now seemed like another guy. As Cosi did not seem to want to do a competition Enna nodded at him as he reeled in another fish. "well I seemed to been losing anyway," She said before she got a quite powerful pull from her rod and not even a weak one, "Ooh Big guy, big guy!" she said trying to get the thing that was on her fishing rot. With a bit of help from the dock as she planted her heels into the dock itself. A few seconds later a big shadow came up while Enna was busy trying to get whatever was on her line got to get up. Then with one strong pull, she seemed to have got sadly 1 Material, all the commotion for nothing, "Darn, All that power behind one small fish, This is quite Unfair, I was more thinking of getting a Chest or something, Like getting a Loot Box and open it," She said  sounding a bit down as she did not get something big after all that power went into it.

Spoiler

Fishing

Role ID: # 108236 CD: 6 | 1 Material

@Cosi

Edited by Ennakai

Fishing: ID# 108249- CD: 6- result: 1 mat

Cosi nodded at Ennakai's statement. There had been many times when the blonde haired player had thought he had fished up a treasure chest but it had only turned out to be a large fish. Alas in Enna's case he... she- Cosi realized he had no idea which gender the player was or preferred- They seemed to only had gotten a fish that had given them one material. Cosi grinned in sympathy, and cast out his own line, "Better luck next time." Cosi only had to wait a couple more seconds before he felt a sharp tug on his line. The tank quickly reeled in his catch. The small fish only netted him one material but still it was something. Cosi added it to the pile and cast out his line again with the flick of his wrist. He cast a glance over his shoulder to the brown haired player searching among the trees and gardens, "How's it going Dustin?" 

@Dustin

Spoiler

Total: 16 Mats

• 2 weeks later...

Dustin looks at Cosi and tilts his head. “Or just ignore me.” He pulls his hand with the cookie back and pushes it towards the purple haired players. He tilts his head. “Here, it’s tasty.” He gives it to Ennakai, and walks back off into the field and begins to work, not even looking for materials, just watering plants and tending to the crops. I need to make sure to keep these growing for a while, that way I can make a good amount of profits. 20% would be absolutely amazing, but not enough. Right now I’m losing money faster than making it, but that’s not why I’m making weapons. I’m making weapons to help out the lower players. I’m gonna make a difference no matter what, even if I die using my blade. Or if I’m forgotten with my hammer. I’ll have made a difference somehow. He smiles and sits down watching the other two gather their materials.

@Ennakai

Enna looks a bit bumped out as Cosi the other player next to her get a material, and Now Enna was getting up to nothing yet again. Then a small tuk to her rod and a fast reel in Enna seemed to get one Material out of the water. "Yep, Better luck Next time," Enna said looking at Cosi. Then as an unsuspecting Enna was caught off Guard by the cookie in front off her, taking it fast and putting it in her mount, "Mhp, Tasty for sure, Cosi you missed your change in getting on,e" She said patting him on the shoulder, it was quite hard for Enna as both guys here were taller than her and she felled a bit out as she was the person with long hair and smaller than both of them, Sure she was used to Dustin being a big boy but she never knew Cosi was also quite big. Enna then looked at Dustin as he sat down getting out something Dustin would remember, "AND NOW, I owe you nothing," She said getting out a bottle of beer and throwing it at Dustin, "Dust boy, Don't start owing me things again, but it is quite fun Cuz we are going back and forward every time," Enna said with a smile throwing her rod out into the water again.

Spoiler

Fishing

Role ID: # 108511 CD: 4 | 1 material

@Cosi

Fishing: ID# 108543- CD: 10- result: 3 materials

Cosi snapped out of his focus and turned to his companions, especially Dustin, "Sorry Man, I guess I was too focused on fishing-" Right then the blonde haired tank felt a strong tug on his line. Cosi quickly pulled back on the rod and began to reel in his catch. It took a good time but he managed to get the fish out of the water. And it fish a big fish. Cosi removed the fish from the line and watched as it dissolved into three more materials. Cosi set them aside and cast out his line again. The bobber splashed in the water and sent out ripples. Cosi turned back to his fellow material hunters and tried to start up some conversation "So Enna and Dustin, You two seem to know each other? Have you done many quests together?" Cosi hoped that question wasn't too personal, it just seemed that the two of them were very familiar with each other.

Spoiler

Total: 19 mats

@Dustin

Catching the beer, Dustin pops the lid off and takes a drink. He wasn’t expecting the flavor to be so accurate. He had some experience with drinking despite being underage, having been to a few parties with his gaming friends. They were almost always small parties but they had gotten alcohol one way or another. The flavor always bugged the boy, but he never let it get in the way. “Thanks for the drink.” He says, pulling out a pretzel to go with it. This is the way life should be, not in a game with swords and stuff. He smiles as his life had finally reached the point he always wanted to reach. I’m a different person in this world. I’m happier, I’m more useful, I’m better. He slides his hands into his pockets and scans the field seeing nothing.

ID: 108566

LD: 7 + 3 = 10

fail

4 total

@Ennakai

Edited by Dustin

Enna threw once again the Rod into the water again as it then seemed Cosi started to get something going as in a conversation as he asked about how they met, "Well I have known little Dust Bunny over here quite a time now, done some quests together. And well he was the first person I talked too," Enna said looking at Dustin and then back at the Rod as it went down and Enna pulled up a nice looking fish as she took it then turned into 2 materials. "Nice got one more!" She said with a smile then turning back to Cosi, "And how do you know out Duster over here, you seem to know him, overheard something with monsters," Enna asked both of the guy hoping one would respond with an answer to her. "Don't tell me you went on a suicide mission again Dustin, Made a promise, remember... OOH wait we did not, Well now we do," Enna said a bit forcing it on him as he could hardly say no to something like that.

@Cosi

Spoiler

Fishing

Role ID: # 108567 CD: 7 | 2 material

Total 20

Edited by Ennakai

Fishing:  ID# 108568- CD: 12, LD: 11+5= 16- result: Treasure Chest Fished up!

Cosi nodded his head at Enna's explanation. It sounded a lot like him and Katagawa. She was the first player he had done any quest with. "That's nice-" Cosi was about to continue when he felt is hook catch on something. Something heavy. Cosi began to strain and heave on his pole until he felt whatever he had caught begin to move. Once the thing- hopefully its a treasure chest- began to move it was much easy to keep it moving and after that it didn't take too long to get his catch out of the water. 

The treasure chest landed on the dock with a thump. It was covered in muck and algae as well as the boards were somewhat rotted. Still it Looked amazing. "Well Look at what I found. I guess its our lucky day" Cosi grinned at his two companions, "So which one of you wants to open it?" 

@Dustin

Dustin looks at Ennakai, then at the chest. If that promise means I can’t risk dying, then I’m not taking it. The fear of death is the only thing that makes this game fun. His hand moves through the air at the speed of sound slamming against his nose pushing his head back as he had basically hit himself in the nose. “Aww sh*t... anyway, nose goes.” He says pointing to Ennakai. “Now you have to do it. Ha ha...” He cackles and slaps his knee. He slides his hands into his pockets still laughing a little. He seemed to have more fun around Ennakai. Though him being around Ennakai was becoming more rare as the days went by, he liked hanging around his best friend in the game. “We should go on more adventures Enna, and maybe bring you along too Cosi. We could run Aincrad, just the three of us.” He says, drawing his sword as lightning swirls around the blade and dispersed into the ground when he plunges his sword into the dirt. “Let’s dominate Aincrad and own this world.” He says with a smile on his face.

@Ennakai