[F01- PP] An Unteachable Moment <<The Second Lesson, Is Also Free>> w/ Mars

After completing the old alchemist’s task he sent her on another to deliver a package to a blacksmith in the same city. Cynthia roughly grabbed the package and quickly made her way to the smith’s shop. The faster I can do these beginner quests the faster I can get out of this city and start doing real quests. Cynthia followed the smell of smoke and the sound of clanging metal to the smithy and quickly dropped off the package. She then waited as he blathered in about needing materials to forge more weapons and armor and how it would be so kind if she could collect them for him. The red head simply stared at the old Smith her eyes only flashing slightly at the mention that the materials were Boar tusks and she would have to loot them from their corpses. Cynthia grinned terribly and then headed on her way, her left hand already on the handle of her saber. This should be a little more fun then the last quest, Cynthia thought to herself as she stride out of the town of beginnings her scarlet hair trailing behind her. 

@Mars

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The black haired martial artist sighs softly as he makes his way through the area that is the town of beginnings at a steady pace with his familiar at his side as he gazes from one location to the next with a simple idea within his mind. 'If i want to have players who could match me in combat it will require working with them to make sure that they are good enough, and have the right attitude to be able to be considered a rival. Have to be able to keep things interesting and have a back bone to be able to bite back whenever i would talk to them.' he thinks to himself with a slight grin rather glad that while Pinball is a good goal to always try to be surpassing to have a rival in terms of a matching attitude that he could fight with and banter with correctly who isn't afraid of talking back at him at all points within a conversation would at least be more interesting than the quite and rather seemingly attitude shifting Pinball who can change on a dime seemingly.

Cyn strode through the crowd that gummed up the entrance to the Town of Beginnings. She pushed past other players, not caring about however she pushed out of her way or even stopping to hear their cries of indignation and annoyance. The red head just kept walking, her trench coat and long red hair flapping behind her. Then she bumped into a man about her height with blonde hair and scruff. The man stumbled, then caught himself. He stared at Cynthia then reached out and grabbed her arm with an annoyed, "Hey! why don't you apolo..." the player stumbled over his words then fell silent as Cynthia fixed him with a cold stare. Her eyes flickered dangerously, seeming to shine with an internal blood lust. "Let. Go." Cynthia said the only tell betraying her anger was the slight tremor in her voice. Her knuckles turned white as she gripped the hilt of her sword. The player quickly let go and gave a shaky apology before scurrying off. Cynthia turned on her heel, her hair whipping around, and kept walking. She didn't even notice when she shoved past a dark haired player nearly half a foot taller than her.  

@Mars

Edited by Slayer

He makes his way through the streets of the town of beginning acting as courteous as he could be to not have a reputation that could be as hindering as someone who isn't helpful. Making his way through he hears the shouts of some male towards somebody else that he couldn't even care to take acknowledgement of until he feels something bump into him as he glares down towards the red headed girl that moves past him as he grabs her arm with a tight grip. Being a martial artist that being rather easy to achieve as he keeps a iron grip upon the girl and looks straight at her grinning ever so slightly to himself easily deducing this must've been the player to cause the shortest amount of commotion just a moment ago. 'Interesting. Maybe useful.' He can only think to himself as he gazes at the girl. Now than you just bumped into me. Why don't we go somewhere to have a talk about this. Beginning with why you're in such a rush. He says in a eerily calm and polite tone of voice with eyes that look neutral and understanding with only the tiniest sparks of apathy within them.

The second time Cynthia felt a hand on her arm she reached for her sword. The red head had the saber half way out of her sheath before she remembered that she was in a town. Too many witnesses. Besides, as Cyn glared at the tall man, she realized that she was weak. Most players would be stronger than her, even here. Cynthia glared at the dark haired player for a half a second longer, her eyes flickering with a twisted fire, then gave him an apathetic look. “I’m off to a quest. So let go of me and I can be on my way.” Cynthia blankly stared at the man while inside she was seething. If this dark haired idiot doesn’t let go I won’t hold back. Even if he propbably is stronger than me. After a couple more seconds of internal fire Cyn relented if only to get him to leave her alone. “Fine I’ll come with you. Just let go.”

@Mars

'direct to the point, and ready to attack. Kinda like a guard dog.' He can only think immediately as he looks towards the girl knowing that subtly wouldn't be this girls specialty for certain, but like some other players all it would take is for him to direct that to something more useful and when it came down to a plan well she would certainly make for a good guard, or attacker. For a goal is simple when spoken and easy to persuade others to that goal with the right words, but truly it is work to make that goal a reality and knowing what to do to tackle such a thing. 'Even if such a thing is harming my goal in the long run it will be worth it.' he thinks to himself as he lets go of the girl's arm and smiles ever so slightly seemingly pleased as he nods his head. Well than lets get going shall we than miss? I know a nice little shop that should be good enough to discuss. He says in a calm manner of voice as he starts to make his way through the town of beginning not heading to any shop, restaurant, or anything else that could be within the town. Instead going out of the town towards one of the bars that they reserve for players who had been kicked out do to cursor or looking for a place away from prying eyes.

Cynthia didn't respond to the dark haired. Nor did she give or ask for a name. The red head simply followed him to whatever 'little shop' he was going to just so hopefully she could be done with this player and then go to do her stupid simple quest. That's what she needed to be doing at the moment: completing quests so she could level up faster. Cynthia wouldn't- couldn't be low level much longer. She wanted more power and strength. Cynthia glared at the back of the dark clothed player's head. This is so stupid. All I want is complete my quest. I didn't as kfor this idiot to take an interest in me. Cynthia's eyes sparked slightly- like the embers of a mounting fire- but she managed to calm down. No point in getting worked up. The faster I comply the faster I can leave this player. Still, Cynthia's hand gripped the handle of her saber so tightly her knuckles were white and if it had been the real world her nails would have drawn blood.

@Mars

Once they arrive at a rather simple shop upon the first floor that is outside the settlement a pefect den for players with orange crystals or information brokers wanting to tell secrets for a cost that players would pay to hear. He makes his way into the building and takes a corner table and looks at the girl with a amused look within his eyes while looking directly at her. So than crimson. What's the big rush? Big plans? big goals to achieve with little time to get it? He asks in a rather amused tone towards the girl giving her a quick little nickname on the spot as he leans back into hsi chair while looking directly at her. A familiar a liger covered in a aura of flames resting right by the martial artist's side. The man wearing a completely black outfit with the only bit of red being a red sash that wraps around the black haired man's body and hanging off the left shoulder like a flowing scarf or if one would know his name like that of a roman king or general who was in charge of his legion of troops.To dictate who the man in charge was.

The man brought Cynthia to a building- probably a inn or tavern- a little ways outside of the Town of Beginnings. He sat down in a corner booth and started talking. Cynthia stood for a couple long seconds than decided to sit down. The player called her Crimson. Cyn didn't care. He asked if she had big plans. She didn't answer but she thought to herself, No big plans. Unless you count Thief but I haven't heard from him in a while and I don't really care what he wants. I could probably surpass him and take his place soon. Of course if this man would stop talking to me a let me go do this dumb quest. Cynthia gave the dark haired player a cool stare. She held it for nearly a minute before answering, "I've just got a quest to do. One of those beginning ones so I just want to get it done and out of the way as fast as possible. You know how that is." Cynthia tried to give a nonchalant smile but it just came off as a twisted smirk. She really just wanted this dark haired player to let her go.

He looks at the girl waiting patiently for any responses that would lead way into true intentions as he looks at the smirk that falls across her face as he just nods his head neutrally while looking into her eyes. 'doing a quest for some gain or plan.' He thinks to himself while looking directly at the player that hasn't given a name and most likely plans to not do so at all. Well than Crimson why don't i help you with these quests after all a business partner is always useful to have to face oppositions stronger than them. Every player and person has a goal that they want to reach at any cost. The only question is what is the goal and the cost to each person and i can be such a person that can provide such things by helping to achieve that goal with the only cost being to work with me to achieve my own goal. He says calmly towards the girl not a single thing betraying anything about him being as honest as possible as he extends a hand towards her with a serious look in his eyes. You work with me i can help you achieve any goal even if that is being the strongest their could be.Revenge? Maybe killing something? Anything. He says calmly towards the person. 'Of course not stronger than me.' He thinks to himself.

Cynthia listened to the dark haired go on and on about goals, partners, people and what they wanted. The girl simply stared at him. He thought she needed help? Definitely not with these quests. They were easy. Maybe in some later one's but by then she would be much stronger and she would persevere. She didn't need this player. Her eyes flashed dangerously and she stood up. "I don't need you-whatever your name is- but if you want to tag along all I ask is you don't get in my way. I don't care too much about goals or people but sure if you want to help." If you want to help me get stronger- strong enough to kill you- be my guest, Cynthia finished the sentence in her head as she turned and walked out of the building. The red head didn't even look to see if the other player was following her. 

He looks towards the girl with an amused look in his eyes as he puts his hand within his pockets and follows the red haired girl willing to humor himself with maybe an attempt to make a more volatile partner out of this if necessary. Why are you in such a strong rush to get stronger anyhow? Since i know it can't be just excited to complete this quest Crimson. Why are you so eager to gain strength in a world where that will be snatched away from you in a instant once it is completed, and when someone comes along to try and snuff out the life of a newbie. Haven't you heard about the recent string of murders of lower levels happening around now? Supposedly meant to be done by the famous laughing coffin as a way to slowly creep out of the darkness from once they had hidden beforehand. He says calmly towards the girl as he watches her body reactions for any signs of something getting a reaction that could be useful to himself finding it rather interesting at how normal this girl is being. When their are multiple signs of her being anything else besides a short little trigger away from a murder machine.

Cynthia gave a backwards glance at the player, who had decided to follow her, and sniffed. She thought about it for a couple seconds then decided to answer him, "For fun. and I'd like to see anyone try to kill me. I may not be strong right know but if I do get attacked I'm not stupid. I'll survive as long as I need to." Cynthia gave a small sneer and kept walking. They were already outside of the city so Cynthia simple kept walking out towards the green hills, copses of trees, and winding rivers that covered the first floor. Cynthia unsheathed her saber- she left Vallen unequipped- and began looking for some boar pups to kill. She looked back once more, "Hurry up. Don't slow me down." The red headed girl then resumed longing for mobs to kill. It was time to kill stuff and get this quest done. Power followed strength and with more power came more fun. Cynthia's eyes shone with an unholy light as her grin widened. "Time to hunt." 

He looks towards the woman and nods his head interpreting what information he is able to gleam from the woman's words trying to read the thoughts behind the words. So you fight and do quests for simple survival than? You gain strength from knowing dangers are everywhere even within those safe little towns that those scared sheep hide in. Afterall how else are players dying in droves without really being heard of before unless they are a bunch of nobodies within the town of beginnings. He says calmly without any hesitation as he is keeping a firm eye on every little reaction the woman could give off as he looks towards her with a confident and calmness to himself. You will die eventually. You will enter a fight or follow some rumor that puts you in a dangerous position. If you work with me i can guarantee survival. If you don't believe me you can follow me on any high ranking quest and you can see how i could defeat such an enemy all by myself to prove my strength if need be. A enemy that would simply sneeze on you as you are kill you if you weren't careful. he says in a calm and collected voice towards the woman. Not being the craftiest person but wanting to test as many of his theories as he can without waiting for long to see which things are able to make her listen the most.

Cynthia turns back to the dark haired player, "Sure." She gave the simple answer and continued on, "Also I'm not stupid. I'm not going to get myself killed. No matter how boring and easy these starter quests are I'm going to do them then move on to harder quests. I already said you were free to tag along as long as you didn't slow me down. So if you're as strong as you are you won't. No need to prove yourself." Cynthia's eye's flashed and she continued moving, moving her saber in lazy spins and changing hands. Then she spotted a small group of boar pups. The red head wasted no time sprinting towards them and charging up a simple sword art. The boar tried to gore her but Cynthia effortlessly jumped over the attack, flipping onto the boar's back, and then driving her saber right into the monster's head. Its health bar dropped in a flash and it shattered into red pixels. Cynthia dropped to the ground and moved towards the next boar

Spoiler

Combat:

Cynthia- Hp: 60/60 | ENG: 4/6 | DMG: 3 | EVA: 2 | LD: 1 | Action: Rage Blow- ID# 107683- BD: 10- result: 3+2*2= 10 Dmg

Mars- ???

Boar Pup 1- Hp: 0/5 | DMG: 3 

Boar Pup 2- Hp: 5/5 | DMG: 3 

Boar Pup 3- Hp: 5/5 | DMG: 3 

Looting Boar 1: ID# 107684- LD: 20+1=21- result: Tusk found (1/3)

Edited by Slayer

You can say that you won't do anything stupid and won't put yourself into danger. Though in the end danger will always come to you from people wanting to hunt you down and abuse what you can provide which will be strength or something else to use what you could offer in the limited amount of resources you would have. Players being bullied into service of another group is nothing new for this game either you know that? He asks the woman as he watches her kill a singular boar with ease and dropping the item that is necessary. He nods his head at that not finding much issue in terms of her survivability in this scenario meaning that at least for the moment she won't get herself killed in some stupid way. The black haired martial artist for once just going to remain silent for awhile and just observe and wait to see what comes of the event that are unfolding.

Cynthia landed in a crouch then got up and quickly charged at the next boar. However when she got close enough to strike the beast swung its tusks at her and she had to abandon her attack to block the razor sharp tusks. Cynthia brought up her saber but the spear like points slipped past and rammed her right in the chest. Cynthia stumbled backwards. She checked her injury but like every time before there was no blood. Just red pixels. The red head scowled at the boar, who was pawing the ground with its hooves and grunting. She was just about to move in to attack it again when the third boar- which Cyn admitted she had forgotten about- crashed into her side. Cyn was thrown upwards but she managed to turn the fall into a leap of sorts and land in a crouch. Cyn stared at the dark haired player. Her eyes were awash with a sick fire and she grinned at him. 

Spoiler

Combat:

Cynthia- Hp: 54/60 | ENG: 3/6 | DMG: 3 | EVA: 2 | LD: 1 | Action: Rage Blow- ID# 107686- BD: 2- result: miss

Mars- ???

Boar Pup 1- Hp: 0/5 | DMG: 3 

Boar Pup 2- Hp: 5/5 | DMG: 3 ID# 107736- MD: 9- result: 3 dmg

Boar Pup 3- Hp: 5/5 | DMG: 3 ID# 107737- MD: 8-2= 6- result: 3 dmg

Edited by Slayer

He looks towards the red headed girl who responds with nothing except just grinning at him for some reason or the other as he just chuckle at the fact that the boars had managed to do a rather bad attack considering the level of the woman if he had to take a guess from how much the green bar depletes in that instance. As i said no matter how careful you are. You will slip up, fall, and get yourself killed. Even the most simplest of enemies in design or strength can turn into a death trap if you are surrounded or caught off guard. He says towards the woman with his arms crossed not going to help it since it would ruin what he is trying to say, and secondly because there is no reason to do so since he physically can't help the woman since it wouldn't drop any tusks from him killing the ridiculous boars. The only reason he could have to help is if she dropped too low that it could be a death sentence within a few attacks.

Cynthia sprung from her loaded position and charged down the second boar before it could charge her again. The monster thrashed at her with its tusks but she easily evaded the attack, slipping past its defenses and ramming her saber hilt deep into its side. The boar bellowed in pain then was shattered into red pixels. Cynthia turned just as she heard the sound of thundering hooves. The third boar pup was barreling towards the red head. Cynthia simply grinned, her eyes still alight, and flexed her legs. Right before the boar collided with her, Cynthia jumped upwards. She placed one hand on the boar and pushed off, somersaulting herself over the monster. She looked back to the other player that had so far just been standing there. Does he ever shut up? Cynthia thought to herself as she quickly charged up another sword art and moved towards the final boar. 

Spoiler

Combat:

Cynthia- Hp: 54/60 | ENG: 3/6 | DMG: 3 | EVA: 2 | LD: 1 | Action: Rage Blow- ID# 107739- BD: 6- result: 3*2= 6 dmg

Mars- ???

Boar Pup 1- Hp: 0/5 | DMG: 3 

Boar Pup 2- Hp: 0/5 | DMG: 3 

Boar Pup 3- Hp: 5/5 | DMG: 3 | ID# 107741- MD: 3-2= 1- result: miss

Looting Boar Pup-

ID# 107740- LD: 13+1= 14- result: Tusk found! (2/3)

Edited by Slayer

He sits down upon the ground and just watches from here on out not seeing much use in actually trying to speak at this point to a figure who is silent and clearing not going to actually pay that much attention to him, or at the very least he is going about this in the wrong manner and he should approach this like he had others. 'This isn't a opportunity for an easy strike. Nothing is easy learn that.' he thinks to himself making sure to stick with that lesson in his mind that no ally or plan will ever come easy that with all things both are like a garden that will take time to grow. He can't just expect others to follow and listen such things only work in select situations and out in the open without any reason to be seen as a leader is not such a situation where he can try to demands respect or wrestle respect from something else. With that the black haired martial artist falls silent for the meanwhile just waiting for the correct moment. Knowing that being nice won't get him anywhere because of the girl's attitude which leaves only just being himself which should work well enough, or a display of strength somehow.