[F01- PP] An Unteachable Moment <<The Second Lesson, Is Also Free>> w/ Mars

Cynthia knew that the other player was talking to her and asking her an indirect question but she was too focused on killing the boars in front of her. She charged one one last sword art- she had energy for just one more- and then charged down the boar pup. He saber was coated in white energy that kind of crackled as she quickly moved forward. The boar was still facing the other way, probably still confused on where she had gone, so it didn't see her attack coming. Cynthia slashed her sword across the boar's exposed backside. It squealed in pain then crumbled into red pixels and code. Cynthia frowned slightly when she didn't get the third tusk but that didn't matter too much: There were plenty more boars to go hunt. The red head sheathed her saber and then turned back to the dark haired player. "I may make mistakes or get into trouble but I won't just lay down and die if that happens. I'll fight and I'll survive. Sure having help is nice but I prefer to do things on my own." Cynthia gave the simple answer and then walked off. Already looking for more boar's to kill. She still needed one tusk.

Spoiler

Combat:

Cynthia- Hp: 54/60 | ENG: 1/6 | DMG: 3 | EVA: 2 | LD: 1 | Action: Rage Blow- ID# 107746- BD: 8- result: 3*2= 6 dmg

Mars- ???

Boar Pup 1- Hp: 0/5 | DMG: 3 

Boar Pup 2- Hp: 0/5 | DMG: 3 

Boar Pup 3- Hp: 0/5 | DMG: 3 

Looting Boar Pup-

ID# 107747- LD: 4+1= 5- result: no tusk (2/3)

Edited by Slayer
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He grins at hearing those words as he gets back up onto his feet and moves forward moving alongside the woman even still not willing to give up on a possible person he can have at least if anything as a temporary ally until things go south. 'She is a survivalist if death comes to greet her she will run leaving any bonds she could've possibly had behind.' He thinks to himself making assumptions and guesses of what he can guess about the woman from previous observations of other such people. Well than don't consider me a person that will help you on any of these quests, but more so another human being walking alongside you to prevent any insanity from sinking in from being by your lonesome. They do like to say the leading cause of insanity would from someone being by themselves i mean they made enough movies about it with the most famous being about that guy on a island with a volleyball he drew on. He says with a shrug of his  shoulders towards the girl.

Cynthia half listened to the other player's words. He seemed to be trying to convince her to join him or at least let him join her. Though if he's so strong like he has said he is why does he want to tag along with me? Unless he wants someone who will be subservient. Cynthia chuckled to herself. If he's able to judge character in anyway he would see I'm no servant. The red head looked at the dark haired player. As he spoke his eyes were searching, taking in every detail of Cynthia. He's cunning. No he doesn't want a servant. Her eyes glinted brightly for a second. Want does he want? Cynthia couldn't help it as a smile spread across her face. "I'll tell you what Darky, you tag along with me through these last beginner quests adn tell me what it is you what with me and i'll consider us partners." She smiled wider. It was a smile that didn't reach her eyes. No the red head's eyes were ablaze with a sickly light. Almost a hunger.

He chuckles softly at the nickname that he had been given since he hadn't given any sort of name like the woman he has dubbed Crimson hadn't given him anything to work off either for a name the duo could use for one another. That is a deal i'm willing to take Crimson just don't flake out on the deal. He says challenging back towards the woman with a slight smirk on his face as he crosses his arms at his chest while looking towards her as than glance towards the side and than back at her with a slight grin having seen a small pack of boars just spawn nearby as he gestures towards them. Well get killing you haven't started walking back so that means you haven't finished this quest yet. He says with a slight smirk of amusement on his face as he makes himself as comfortable as possible while standing and waiting for the woman to go and kill a few more boars or just one depending on how lucky she is.

Cynthia grinned again but the fire in her eyes died. She held out a hand to Darky, "I won't flake. A deal's a deal Darky." Cynthia would wait till the other player shook her hand and then she would continue, "Don't rush me Darky. I was the only one fighting back there and swinging this sword around isn't exactly easy. Give a moment to catch my breath." Cynthia hated admitting it but she was quite tired. That fight had taken out a lot of her energy. She turned and saw the small group of boar pups not to far away but she didn't approach them just in case they became aggressive before she was ready to take them on. So the red head found a log to sit on while she rested and let her energy regenerate. It wouldn't be too long of a process thank goodness. She already had half of it back and she didn't think she would need all of it to defend those other boars

He nods his head hadn't really put into his mind the calculations the consumption of low level energy use by new players having never had that problem at least not as bad as it was for this since he had done multiple other quests that didn't require combat until it came down to being forced for it when it was loot mobs at much later levels when he had his strongest sword arts available. I forgot about energy consumption i haven't had to worry about that for awhile surprisingly for myself ever since my start of this game since i focused primarily on quests first that guaranteed me my start in martial arts combat style. Made knocking out these enemy with basic attacks a breeze within this park. He says towards the girl with a slight grin knowing that he is rather thankful for the two handed weapons power that it provides as a passive buff to make one shotting enemies just an easy feet to do. What about yourself what even is your plan for a build for your survival? He asks curiously.

Cynthia thought about his question for a second. What did she plan on doing for her build? Cynthia wasn't much of a gamer. She still played though- lots of first person shooters and not as much role playing- so she knew enough. She definitely wanted a weapon that did more damage then this saber. It was good but Cynthia would prefer a two handed weapon probably a sword. She also needed to be fast and accurate so she could hit hard and not get hit back. Cynthia shrugged and turned to Darky, "I like the saber but I've ordered an odachi to use since I want to do more damage. That's about all I've thought about." Cynthia shrugged again and then stood up and began moving towards the group of boar pups. She moved her saber in small circles in anticipation of the upcoming battle. It was hunting time again. 

So you're planning to do a DPS with the katana method that is rather good it is a fairly all around type of weapon, but besides DPS you would have to figure out things such as scout or tank since you don't seem the healer type. He says towards the woman with a nod of his head towards her as he sits down on the ground to just rest and wait patiently for when the time for crimson to go and kill the last boar. With tank you could be dodgy or you could be all about that mitigation to take every hit and shrug it off like it is nothing like that Frontliner Macradon who has damage and mitigation on his side. he says towards crimson once more before looking back toward the sky just watching the clouds pass by him as he sighs softly as he wonders how to approach things in this regard to get a guaranteed yes in the end and what even is his plan for things. Since he has an idea of what he wants but not the method.

"Probably a dodge tank. I like my agility." Cynthia shouted back to Darky as she began to run forward. Her saber was out and it soon was wreathed in a bright light as she activated a sword art. She must have been too loud because right as she began moving towards the beasts both turned their heads towards her and bellowed. both of the monsters started to charge  the red head which forced her to dive to the side to avoid them. Alas one of the boars was expecting this and entangled her with its tusks. The boar pup speared her and then threw Cynthia back in front of the other boar. The second boar trampled the red head completely running her over. Cynthia felt her heath deplete and she cursed into the dirt. She had been too cocky and she had payed for it. Why did Darky have to be right.

Spoiler

Combat:

Cynthia- Hp: 54/60 | ENG: 3/6 | DMG: 3 | EVA: 2 | LD: 1 | Action: Rage Blow- ID# 107765- BD: 3- result: miss

Boar Pup 1- Hp: 5/5 | DMG: 3 | ID# 107766- MD: 10 -hit

Boar Pup 2- Hp: 5/5 | DMG: 3 | ID# 107768- MD: 8-2= 6- hit

Edited by Slayer

He chuckles softly as the woman gets stumped by boars once more as he looks absolutely amused beyond all reason at this development as he just nods his head at that development and just keeps the grin not saying anything since sometimes a look can speak a thousand words towards a person instead of having to speak. Seems like a dodge tank might be good if you can learn to be a bit more fast on your feet. He says as the only comment he would give towards Crimson as his familiar lets out a little puff of flames while looking towards mars as he would look back at his familiar that flares up with flames intensely with a burning heat that catches some of the grass aflame but never spreading or moving beyond the individual blades from being immortal objects. Give it time Valen. A fruit is best picked when it is matured not when it is still growing within the ground. he says in a soft and hushed tone of voice towards his familiar that flares up once more before resting its head against its paws.

Cynthia quickly got to her feet after being trampled by the two boars and shook her head. The red head checked her health bar. It wasn't too low: She only had a little bit missing and while that seemed like a lot she didn't feel threatened. Cynthia charged up an attack, holding her saber one handed, and then rushed the closest boar pup. Cynthia wouldn't have hit it and killed it had she not been forced to jump backwards because the second boar charged at her side. Cynthia easily dodged the attack, actually making that boar pup stumble and fall, but that left her open to the first boar's attack. The boar charged and then slammed into the red head. Cyn's health bar ticked downwards a couple points. Cynthia grimaced. She was getting annoyed. These smaller boar pups were much faster than the normal sized monsters and that made them annoying to fight. 

Spoiler

Combat:

Cynthia- Hp: 51/60 | ENG: 3/6 | DMG: 3 | EVA: 2 | LD: 1 | Action: Rage Blow- ID# 107789- BD: 2- result: miss

Boar Pup 1- Hp: 5/5 | DMG: 3 | ID# 107791- MD: 1- miss

Boar Pup 2- Hp: 5/5 | DMG: 3 | ID# 107792- MD: 10- hit

Edited by Slayer

He chuckles softly as the woman seems to have the worst luck in existence he has ever viewed as she continues to get beaten up by the small boars that have become her enemy for this quest as he can only wonder if this is normal or if today is just a really bad day for her to be alive at this point. He just smiles and keeps to himself to see if the woman will agree with him now since she is viewing first hand that no matter how careful she is early game things could go horribly wrong for all she could no like it is right now right before her. He waits patiently for the fight to take a turn for the better so that she can complete this rather trivial quest in the end as he just takes a watch of her fighting style to see if it is even fitting of a katana user. Having never seen one used within the game due to the fact that not many choose to use the weapon due to its prerequisite of needing a different scale and thus being seen as a harmful and useless weapon type, but is definitely the most diverse in its options for players.

Cynthia's face hardened, her mouth set in a determined line, but her eyes blazed with excitement and hunger. She was enjoying the fight even if she was losing to a viewer's perspective. The red head rose to her feet slowly, shook her head, her wine red hair trailing, and then readied herself for the boars' attacks. The first boar began barreling towards her but Cynthia stood her ground. Just as it was about to collide with her she pivoted and activate her sword art. Cynthia side stepped the boar and practically let it gut itself, simply letting it run through her saber. The boar exploded into shards of light. Cynthia turned around to see the second boar charging full tilt at her. Cynthia tried to dodge roll out of its path but she was just a fraction too slow and the boar's tusks clipped her leg. She rolled and came to her feet, albeit a little shakily. 

Spoiler

Combat:

Cynthia- Hp: 48/60 | ENG: 2/6 | DMG: 3 | EVA: 2 | LD: 1 | Action: Rage Blow- ID# 107816- BD: 8- result: 3*2= 6 dmg

Boar Pup 1- Hp: 0/5 | DMG: 3 | ID# 107816- Md: 8- hit

Boar Pup 2- Hp: 5/5 | DMG: 3 | ID# 107817- MD: 10- result: 3 dmg

Looting Boar Pup-

ID# 107819- LD: 7+1= 8- result: no tusk (2/3)

Edited by Slayer

One boor left Crimson! He calls over towards the girl as the clear as day amused tone of his voice is ringing throughout the area as the black martial artist just enjoys the show that is happening right in front of him from the girl having failed to kill multiple boars multiple times because of the hand of fate deeming her unworthy seemingly from being allowed an easy time upon this quest. He glances towards his familiar that is off slaughtering and killing boars by itself as he just shrugs and accepts his familiar doing so since he can one shot all of these boars by himself with basic attacks. Mars himself just laying back and relaxing once more ignoring the sounds of combat till he could be called or until he hears the sound of Crimson making her way away from him in which case he would swiftly follow her without wasting a single second of time.

After jumping to her feet, Cynthia charged after the boar before it could turn around and attack her again. She charged up her sword art and swung her saber in one fluid motion. She slashed through the beast hearing it bellow in pain as her sword sunk into its flank. Cynthia torn through the beast with her sword and heard it squeal one last time. The monster dissolved into pixels of red and lines of code as Cynthia sheathed her sword and walked away. She hadn't got the last tusk she needed. "No more left Darky. Didn't get the last tusk though. Time to keep hunting Darky. let's go." And just like that the red head would walk away beginning the hunt for more boar pups again. Hopefully, at least one boar in the next pack would drop the tusk so that Cyn could complete this quest and then move on to the next beginning's quest.

Spoiler

Combat:

Cynthia- Hp: 48/60 | ENG: 1/6 | DMG: 3 | EVA: 2 | LD: 1 | Action: Rage Blow- ID# 107820- BD: 10- result: 3+2*2= 10 dmg

Boar Pup 1- Hp: 0/5 | DMG: 3 

Boar Pup 2- Hp: 0/5 | DMG: 3 | ID# 107820- MD: 3-2=1- miss

Looting Boar Pup- 

ID# 107821- LD: 1+1= 2- result: no tusk (2/3)

Edited by Slayer

This is why i hate these kind of quests they make you fight stupid trash mobs that are better off not existing in the first place. I mean even my familiar can kill these things with just a simple swipe of his paw at them, and they make you waste your time doing nothing of value. He says in a annoyed tone of voice as he moves his legs to point towards the sky as he puts his hands against the ground near his head as he pushes himself up from his layed down on the ground position into the air and landing on his feet in a crouched position as he quickly stands completely straight. Though i guess i am glad i got done with this a long time ago i swear if i had to kill one more nepent i would've been rather pissed. He says with a slight shrug of his shoulders as he makes his way forward following after the girl that is most likely low on energy and could only kill one more boar if she got a lucky hit against it, or two basic attacks. The martial artist doing a sharp high pitched whistle that makes the fire liger stop its slaughter of boars to follow its owner.

“I’ll agree with you on that Darky. Most of these quests are annoying busy work.” Cynthia scowled slightly as she kept moving. The red head’s cold eyes surveyed the surrounding area for more boar pups. Cynthia starts slightly as she catches sight of the cat looking creature made of fire that seems to be following Darky. She looks back to the dark haired player and asks, "So where'd you get your fire cat?" Cynthia hadn't seen many players with pets but then again Cynthia had only been on the first floor so far. She knew that there were twenty three floors unlocked but Cynthia was taking it slow and starting with the beginning quests. She would move up to higher floors later when she was stronger. Possibly sooner if she joined with Darky and if he was as strong as he said. Which he seemed like he was since he just sat there as she fought, completely calm

Edited by Slayer

He glances towards the girl and nods his head at the question since it is valid enough to ask about it as they would make their way on over towards the town of beginnings his liger right beside him as Mars has to outstretch his hand towards the beast as it flares with flames and anger. The prideful beast staring down the woman before being forced to look away as he glances towards her. He is a liger, a fire elemental type of thing from the ninth floor a useful combat animal who has been by my side. You can do the same through the use of a quest and get any type of mob as long as it fits some parameters seemingly with this quest being available on every floor and just happens randomly seemingly since their is no set spawn location for this NPC. he says towards the girl with red hair as he continues traveling with her intending to accompany her through these quests to get her as a possible partner or ally in combat.

"Interesting," Cynthia said aloud. Having a loyal animal companion to help support and fight would be invaluable, especially later in the game. I'll have to take measures to get one soon. Cynthia continued walking as she thought to herself, then another question came to her mind. "Darky, I noticed that some players have shops and jobs. How is this done? I'm guessing a quest of sorts." She might as well ask Darky while he was here. If he was a experienced player then he was a valuable resource she could use. That she would use. The red headed girl continued her search for boar pups as she waited for Darky's answer. There didn't seem to be too many of the monsters around this area which was fine for Cynthia since she had yet to recover all her energy at this point and would have to wait a couple more minutes before it was totally recharged. 

The shop is gained through a different quest that involves trying to earn your living as it is called for the game what a surprise. He says in a joking almost sarcastic style of manner of speaking as he looks towards the red haired woman as they arrive back in the town of beginnings to get this quest turned in. Which speaking of that quest it is also only done on this floor and no other, and after you gain your profession you should go and do the quest on floor seventeen called Olympus' challenge makes crafting easier. He says in a straight forward manner towards the woman being serious when speaking to her about the location of everything to actually help gain a profession. Knowing he can't really joke with that since getting as many crafters as possible would be useful since there is a slight lacking in that field when it comes to the end of the day. The familair of Mars letting out a annoyed puff of flame.