[PP-F01] The Second Lesson [Mars, Vally]

Vally stepped out of Lyle's workshop after having accepted the second quest in the tutorial chain, and flashed a surprisingly...eager grin at Mars. She was looking forward to being able to finally fight something. "I was waiting for the combat tutorial quest, looks like this is it. Gotta go kill some boar pups. This is where that farming back when SAO started will come in handy, 'cause they won't even be able to hurt me, unless the quest buffs them beyond the maximum for most mobs. But considering this is a tutorial quest, I doubt that greatly", she stated, with something approaching pride in her voice. "Plus with you coming along, you'll probably one-shot them. Unless you wait on the sidelines to see how I do, I guess."

With that said, the spear-woman pulled her weapon from her back and tapped the haft against the ground. It gave a satisfying metallic noise. "I dunno why, but that sound is really satisfying for some reason...anyway, you ready to go?"

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He grins ever so slightly at the girl's words before shaking his head no towards her and offers a polite but apologetic look upon his face. I'm sorry but you're on your own for this quest Vally i can't help you in anyway in terms of combat since the quest won't drop its item unless it is from the person taking the quest itself since this is a tutorial as you can guess i can't take it again and thus i am just here more so as moral support. It isn't till the third and fourth lesson where i can get involved and kill them, but i wouldn't do so this is your fight i am just here to make sure you don't get yourself killed by one of the mobs it would be a shame that a up and coming fighter that is actually taking this seriously would be snuffed by weak quests like these. he says towards the woman as he starts to make his way back outside towards the outside of the town of beginnings where the boars would be located which would take a walk that is quite a long ways away from where they are currently stationed if his memory is correct.

Vally didn't seem bothered in the slightest about the fact that Mars wouldn't be able to help. She just gave a nonchalant shrug in response. "Hey, means more practice for me. I'm not worried about dying to these anyway." The spear-woman had jogged to get ahead of the martial artist, before she stopped and looked back at him, a hand on her chest and a mock heartfelt expression on her face. "I'm sooo glad you worry so much about me though...", she replied in a clearly insincere tone, before chuckling and starting to walk. "I do have some stuff you can help with anyway though. Can talk about it on the way."

With that said, Vally set off properly to find where the boar pups would be, spear in hand. "Aaaanyway, what I was thinking of. I need to figure out what I wanna do for my profession here. Blacksmith, tailor and cook are all good options really, but I dunno if any of them are missing out on high-tier people for that profession. You probably know more about that than me. Any suggestions?"

Edited by Vally

Thanks for the compliment it really means a lot to me. He says sarcastically back towards the girl for the insincere words which he doesn't find any problem with since he himself would've done the same thing in the end. He looks towards the woman and nods his head as she asks about professions which makes sense since they are one of the bigger parts of this game since it means greater survival. Their are plenty of blacksmiths i can tell you that, for tailors that is more rare but not much need for a lot of them, cooks there are two that i am able to think of. Not a lot of merchants a decent amount of performers, and a good amount of alchemists.  He says calmly listing off the professions that he is able to think of and the amount that he can know just based on popularity alone or personal experience going to such people. So than you going to stick to being a solo person or find a person be it another DPS or tank styled player? He asks the girl curiously.

Vally chuckled deeply in response to Mars' sarcastic remark. He was easy to get along with, for her at least, although she doubted either of the two were particularly easy to deal with by others. But she preferred it that way. It meant that the people who did stick around her actually did enjoy her presence, at least to some extent. Once he started listing off the professions, however, she started listening, instead of thinking on that. Only two high-rank cooks, huh? That might be a good option, but the stuff she'd get from being a Tailor would last her forever. Unless she got a really, really good drop from a floor boss, but that likely wouldn't be for a good long while.

"Going solo all the time is boring. I might do it every now and then for quick quests, but most of the time I'd prefer to have company. I'm not always as grumpy as I look, surprisingly enough", she replied with a one-armed shrug. "Anyway, I reckon I'll go for being a tailor. I'll need to get my light armour from somewhere, after all. That's what keeps me alive. Dying because I decided to be a cook instead of a tailor would be a really bad way to go."

Well if you end up a tailor i guess i'll have to be visiting you frequently also since i'm use light armor as well. I will eventually need to update my look to be something different considering the enhancements i have on some of the things could be swapped around for a better output then what i currently have. He says in a rather casual and relaxed manner as he walks along with the girl as they eventually reach the outside of the town of beginnings where the rolling fields of greenery are along with the swarms of low level boars just walking about waiting to be killed by any player at all that feels like doing so be it out of boredom or the necessity of this quest. Well when it comes to a questing partner i will always be available for taking on quests since my schedule is usually open and flexible enough where i can help you gain strength. He says towards the woman with a polite smile upon his face as he than gestures towards the boar the silent signal as if asking if she is going to do so.

Vally snapped her fingers with her free hand at the mention of Mars updating his look. "Fashion is the true end-game, no matter what game you're playing. And yeah, mine will need some switching up too later on. I'll probably swap my Mitigation for Evasion once I get to the point where enemies are actually doing more than a fraction of my health in damage to me. But for the first few floors, that shouldn't be an issue, between what I have now and the Mitigation I'll get from my armour skill."

When they finally exited and came to the area that they needed to be, the spear-woman spent a few moments scanning the area. "Speaking of skills, what's a good order to get them in? Focusing on Grandmastering them one by one, or bring them up equally?", she questioned, before stopping. "Hold that thought."

Vally had spotted one of the boar pups she needed to kill for the quest, a yellow border around its marker. She flourished her red spear into both hands, and after a few seconds of sizing up the distance between it and herself, she charged. Unfortunately, she didn't have the charge skill yet, but that didn't matter. She had enough energy. She brought her spear up diagonally as she got within distance, carving a gridded, red streak along it before it disappeared into the air. "That's one. Two more, and that...definitely won't be a problem."

[Roll ID: #107882 BD: 7]

Vally: 60/60 HP | 4/6 EN (-2 Heft)

> Heft: 2x4 = 8 DMG

Boar Pup: 0/5 HP (-5)

[Roll ID: #107883 LD: 11]

Edited by Vally

He looks towards the girl as she speaks of how fashion is the end game of every game seemingly as he just shrugs his shoulders ever so slightly at that knowing the easiest way to achieve such a thing to have any fashion one could want within the game. Well if you care a lot for your looks when fighting mobs i would recommend for things like accuracy and evasion stick to trinkets that way you can have multiple sets of vanity armor for you to wear at any point depending on the type of appearance you're wanting to go for while fighting. He says towards the girl as she than rushes forward and slays a singular pup with her spear ending its life as he keeps up with where she is heading towards at a relaxed pace with his hands within his pockets. Also for skills you should focus on them one by one instead of doing them equally since you should be focusing on aspects of a role first. Like getting the best damage you could want first if you are a DPS like myself rather than also trying to improve that mitigation by light armor.  He says being as blunt as he could towards the woman about what he thinks would be the smart move to do.

"I'll figure something out with my gear. Maybe with my armour I'll be able to keep it looking similar by just making it that way. If I'm gonna be the best DPS, I need to have some consistent part of my appearance, whether it's looking as fine as I do now, or my weapons always being the same colour, or something", Vally explained to Mars. Apparently he didn't appreciate the value in looking incredible, but she did, if that wasn't obvious just from looking at her.

"I'll keep that in mind then. Though I think it might be an idea to upgrade my armour skill a little bit, just so enemies that aren't bosses can't hurt me, y'know?", she stated, before her eyes fixed on another boar pup. She repeated the same action as before, taking it down in a single blow, before she spun her spear around and rested it on her shoulder. "No dice this time. Hopefully my luck doesn't end up running out here, but this is more fun than just wandering around picking flowers, I guess."

[Roll ID #107888 BD: 7]

Vally: 60/60 HP | 3/6 EN (+1 regen, -2 Heft)

[Roll ID# 107889 LD: 8]

Edited by Vally

If you are figuring out a theme for yourself figure out what you want to be presented as within this world. What you wish to be seen as will naturalyl decide your general looks than you can get down to the aesthetic choices that you find most pleasing. he says in a calm and calculated tone with very little emotion behind it as if just reciting things from a text book rather than from any place of emotion. If you are worrying about getting hurt you should instead focus on something like evasion rather than mitigation reduce the chances of being hit before you could get hit and if you do get hit it will be rare enough since as a DPS you should be murdering basically all of them with very little effort on your part. he says in a rather matter of fact tone towards the woman on his personal beliefs in the idea of DPS and build building since by the end of the day that is what he has been built on and what has worked so far if him being alive is anything to say about it. The sole fact remaining is that she has her choice of what she decides to do though since he can't control her and make her choose his options instead of hers.

Vally tapped her chin in thought. It was true, she needed an aesthetic, although she felt the badass but still attractive appearance she had right now was pretty fitting. She liked it. Simple, but it stood out. "Honestly, I think I'm fine sticking with how I look now. Just need to get a vanity item that matches and then make up for it with trinkets", she replied with a tone that had a bit more emotion to it. "And yeah, I plan to once enemies start dealing significant amounts of damage to me. But for now,  like I said, most enemies can't hurt me no matter what, even if they crit, so I'm fine. I should be killing them all quickly, but that won't always work, so...y'know."

With that said, Vally moved into her routine once again. She broke off from Mars to take down the boar pup in one hit, but she was starting to run low on energy now. "Ugh, still nothing, and I'm gonna have to take a rest soon to get energy back. I feel like this is going to take an annoying amount of time to get all these drops..." 

[Roll ID #107900 BD: 8]

Vally: 60/60 HP | 2/6 EN (+1 regen, -2 Heft)

[Roll ID# 107902 LD: 4]

Edited by Vally

You don't know the half of it. he mutters softly  to himself at the woman's words about this quest possibly taking a lot longer than what she would have expected since that is rather normal from his experience of quests with this type of mechanic to it. All of them taking much longer than what would be expected from anything else as he sighs softly at that and shakes his head remembering multiple quests that tried to drive him into insanity. These quests are normally like this sadly taking much longer and slowly draining your sanity rather than helping you more so than anything else, but at the very least they help give more exp since you are killing more things. he says with a small shrug of his shoulders while he watches the woman move into combat and seemingly not get another drop meaning that they are stuck in these fields for awhile longer. The martial artist not commenting on choice she makes since in the end it is her life and her choices that will define her survivability and see if she can win against these enemies and world.

Vally rolled her shoulders and neck as she scanned the area for another pup to rend from the first floor. As she did so, she looked towards Mars with a nod of agreement. "Yeah, that's why I said I don't want to go completely solo. I'd lose my mind if I did that. Having someone to talk to helps just...coast through it, I guess. Focus more on the talking and less on the actual grinding itself", she said, gently carving the tip of her spear across the ground. "RNG can be a real pain sometimes. I just hope I have better luck than this when it comes to actual gear drops...", she complained, before stalking off to the next boar.

The fourth boar fell just as easily to Vally's spear, and she gave a small growl of annoyance. "I swear to God I'm going to spend all my Col on loot roll buffs just so I don't end up dying from over-grinding instead of an actual tangible enemy", the spear-woman muttered darkly, with a sour look on her face. "It wouldn't be so bad if these things could drop other stuff, but I'm pretty sure their stats are so low that even a 1st-level couldn't get drops from them..."

[Roll ID #107906 BD: 8]

Vally: 60/60 HP | 1/6 EN (+1 regen, -2 Heft)

[Roll ID#107911 LD: 3]

Edited by Vally

Well either way you'll need to prep your sanity for some of the mandatory solo quests that exist within the world of Aincrad, and along with that be careful when traversing floor three there is a quest their that happens at random. You don't control the when or the how it just happens and you have to hope that you're prepared enough to handle it or you have a teleport crystal to be out of there as fast as possible. He says towards the woman withholding the name since it would serve only as a distraction possibly rather than any actual useful information within her current situation. Mars watches as another Boar dies by the point of a spear only to give no fruits to the labors of a drop to make this quest finally end and put the both of the players an end to their misery, but more so the girl's since she is the one doing all the actual work. You'll need to see a artisan swiftly then if that is the case if you want them loot buffs along with a cook.

"Ugh, mandatory solo quests? That's a thing? That sounds like a pain but whatever, I'm sure I'll be able to handle that as long as it doesn't involve too much farming or something", Vally replied, apparently not too pleased with the idea of being forced to go solo sometimes. She just hoped they wouldn't be too difficult. "I see, I'll keep that in mind. Is it particularly dangerous, or what? Reckon I could handle it with a couple more levels?", she questioned, trying to change the subject. The thought worried her, really. She liked to be prepared. Getting randomly dropped somewhere wasn't the kind of thing she wanted to deal with.

The next boar pup very nearly managed to dodge Vally's spear sweep. Maybe she was getting tired of the farming, and getting sloppy by extension. It wasn't as if something actually dangerous could show up anyway. "This RNG is going to be the death of me, I swear to God...Time for a rest to get my energy back, I think. I'm completely out."

[Roll ID #107951 BD: 6]

Vally: 60/60 HP | 0/6 EN (+1 regen, -2 Heft)

[Roll ID #107952 LD: 7]

Edited by Vally

He just smiles to himself when hearing the part about to much grinding as he just nods his head and than hears the follow up question about the quest in question he had told her about upon floor three. Let me just put it this way as long as you have a good enough damage and accuracy to back you up you can kill all the enemies within that quest easily as if it was nothing to you. However, it's finding the exit that will slowly try to drive you to insanity along with trying to destroy you chance of ever escaping from not having enough energy to make sure your attacks will become slowly but surely more weaker. He says bluntly towards the girl as he continues walking with her as it turns out it is time for her to rest for energy as he just nods his head use to that from the last person he had helped with this quest and that this has only been about a third of the time if that compared to the last one. You can defeat it if you're lucky and prepared enough for trying to find something which is like trying to find a drop on a mob. He says bluntly to make the connection as clear as possible.

Oh joy, so it was a maze. Or at least a mind-game. Vally hated those. Mazes more than mind-games, since the latter you just needed to be smart with, whereas there was really no reasoning to the former. At least she couldn't starve to death, but she felt like it'd probably take her a while to escape, what with her current run of luck. Maybe it'd turn around by the time she got to floor three, though. She sincerely hoped so, at least. Luck like she was having now would actually end up getting her killed, quite possibly. "Brilliant. So it won't be the mobs that'll kill me, it'll be myself. That's just wonderful. I can't wait to trigger that quest", she stated dryly, before shaking her head.

"Hmph. Well, I'll get these last two drops eventually even if it takes all day, so I'm not gonna end up letting that beat me either. I just hope this kind of luck doesn't end up following me through the entire game. Or maybe these drops are actually just really rare for a tutorial quest. I've killed almost twice as many boars as I should have needed to at this point", the spear-woman grumbled, before taking a seat with her weapon impaled in the ground.

[EN: 0/6 > 1/6]

He chuckles softly and just nods his head towards the woman and pats her gently upon the back as a way of pseudo comfort if she would allow such a gesture onto her person as he looks towards her. My advice for that bring lots of energy regaining items just for the off chance that you don't find the exit swiftly since at least that way you can have ways to get jumps in energy back during those moments you are walking and can't find an exit. He says towards the woman to help her out within this game, and if anything to spite that quest that was an absolute strangle hold upon his sanity having to deal with his luck trying to kill him more than anything else. He smirks ever so slightly at her words and just nods his head as he puts his hands behind his head and looks towards the woman. If you want better chance at finding monster drops you'll need the search skill specifically since the LD bonuses don't apply to this whole finding loot from mobs thing. He says towards the woman with a shrug while also not admitting he might be wrong about that since his memory isn't the most pristine thing in the world. It is why he has notes on most of the quests written down to make sure he can reference them at any time just to make sure he is going in with the most accurate Intel.

Vally just sighed in annoyance, though she didn't show any objection to the pat on the back. "I'll be sure to keep that in mind. Just right now, I don't exactly have the col to burn, so I need to be careful with what I buy. Maybe once I'm done with these tutorial quests I can grab a few items, but for now, all my consumables are health regeneration. I have about 350HP worth of healing items in my inventory right now. At least I won't die any time soon", she replied with a forced chuckle.

"Only Searching applies to it, you say? Hmmm...if I'm recalling correctly, I wouldn't be getting Searching until at least level 40, when I get my 7th skill slot. Right now my planned order is my weapon, my armour, a damage familiar, battle healing, hiding, charge, searching, and survival. I'm not sure what to do with my last 4 slots, but that won't really be relevant for a long time. I don't get my 9th until level 60, so I have plenty of time to think it over. I don't like powerlevelling as my first time, since it means I don't learn over time, and inevitably I'll be thrust into things without an understanding of my abilities."

[EN: 1/6 > 2/6]

Edited by Vally

He looks towards the girl and nods his head in understanding the col problem however there was a rather simple solution to that even for him to see as he looks towards her. If you're low on col you could always do that quest called Nature's treasure suppose to give lots of mats and potential for lots of col if one would be willing to kill mob after mob for the money that they could gain to spend on things that they need for survival. He says towards her as he counts off in his mind how long it has been in terms of her needing to recharge his energy and nods his head figuring the system should kick in right about now to recharge her to full or at least be a few seconds before that to get a close enough equivalence. When he hears her skill order he can only shake his head at her choices as they are good skills but the order could use just a minor tweak. Get battle healing last, or right before you enter the frontlines with confidence the healing will help you live. Until than though try to stall for as long as possible in getting it since the lower health pool you'll have won't be that great for the amount of points you would have to put into it. I myself know already i am getting that at the very end of my other options since otherwise it would be a big waste of my SP that i could put elsewhere for further gains in damage like hiding would. Also get charge first before battle healing or hiding the damage is worth it in early levels trust me on that fact. He says towards the girl remembering how many times his damage had been what saved him from death from having the big beginning number of punching something down to half health.