[PP-F01] The Second Lesson [Mars, Vally]

"Nature's Treasure, huh? I'll have to keep that one in mind. Know any other quests that give especially good rewards? Weapons, armour, consumables, materials...Anything like that would be helpful to learn now. Anyway, I guess I'll have to go farm that quest eventually. Maybe you can come with me", Vally suggested, hopping up from her spot on the ground. She found herself feeling quite lucky that she'd run into someone so knowledgeable so early on, before she could make any massive mistakes that gimped her build or worse, got her killed. Very lucky indeed.

"Ah? I see. That does make sense, since Battle Healing heals based off of a percentage of your HP. I'll get Charge after my armour skill then, and Battle Healing as late as I can. Thanks", she replied, scanning the area. Her energy had returned to full now, so now she needed to find more poor boar pups to prey on.

[EN: 2/6 > 6/6]

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends what you value most in terms of a good quest reward. If you have a partner that can dish the damage out Return of the queen is good since it drops a perfect damage basically and it is repeatable for that perfect damage drop. Sand Shark drops basically above average mitigation potions, its stronger variant drops a permanent buff to mitigation. Overstayed welcome is a newb quest that gives a free uncommon armor for you to have. Lesson quests like this give gear for free also. The rest that might be note worthy are just a bunch of buff drops or such, but look into Fire Guardian just did it recently if you got some decent AoE you could kill the boss in one strike. He says towards the girl just offering as much information as he can towards the woman to help with her survival. He walks along with the woman as he glances towards her energy bar and sees that it is fully filled and nods his head knowing it is time to get back to Boar killing to hope that she gets lucky enough to get a tusk drop. He glances around the field as his familiar is digging something up as he walks over wondering what the cat is doing as he sees that it is in fact a treasure chest that he just pulls out of the ground with ease since his familiar had loosened the dirt enough.

#108117 LD:15 treasure chest found

Edited by Mars

Vally listened carefully to what Mars said. All of that information would certainly come in handy for the future, when she could actually complete those quests. For now she was stuck with the tutorial, but whatever. That was how these games function, after all. A perfect damage potion would certainly be handy for big boss battles like in events and raids, and a permanent Mitigation buff sounded juicy indeed. "What's the name of the permanent Mitigation quest? I feel like that's practically required, especially for tanks, like getting a good familiar out of the familiar quest", she replied, before tilting her head. "A chest! Nice. You get that while I...y'know, handle the rest of this quest."

With that said, Vally rushed towards the next Boar Pup, spear ready to rise diagonally....which caught on a rock and sent her stumbling. The pup took the opportunity to charge her, but she regained her footing just in time to vault over it and land behind, ready to try again. "Seriously?!"

[Roll ID #108123 BD: 4 MD: 1]

Vally: 60/60 HP | 4/6 EN (-2 Heft)

Boar Pup: 5/5 HP

Edited by Vally

Bloodstained land is the name of the quest and by permanent buff in terms that it breaks the mit caps that the game has to allow one more mit slot for a singular quest, or raid. I heard that Shield and another tank are trying to get low levels so that they can carry them through it to allow the low levels to get the last hit so that Shield and the other tank can take the item so they can prepare for multiple floor boss raids. He says towards the woman informing her of the actual nature of the item realizing he misworded himself by saying permanent when it really just breaks the mit cap for one quest or raid for a player who uses the item in question. He glances towards the woman who manages to miss a small boar, but at least doesn't get pummeled by it like the last person he had helped as he chuckles softly to himself at that memory. He than turns back towards the chest and begins to open it with his bare hands to rip the lid open. When he does so he sees the rather underwelming results as he stares at the items. 'I swear i keep getting this chest over and over. Am i just farming one chest?'

#108125 LD:9

75 COL, 3 T1 mats, 2 rare unidentified consumables.

Edited by Mars

Vally's attention was somewhat divided between Mars' advice and her fight with the boar, but it wasn't really dangerous. She knew it couldn't hurt her, so more of her attention was on the explanation, than on the fight. She just needed to finish it off. While Mars was working on unlocking the chest, Vally raised her spear diagonally, without catching it on anything this time. One more gridded, red slash appeared on its hide before it disappeared into shards. However, there was still no loot to be had, and she let out an annoyed huff. "Drop your damn tusks! Why is the drop rate for this so low?! This is a tutorial quest!", she raged, before shaking her head and stomping over to Mars.

"What'd you get from it? Whatever it is, it's better than what I got, which was nothing", she questioned with an annoyed hiss to her voice. She was going to be here forever...

[Roll ID #108126 BD: 7]

Vally: 60/60 HP | 3/6 EN (+1 regen, -2 Heft)

>Heft 2x4 = 8

Boar Pup: 0/5 HP (-5 HP)

[Roll ID #108127 LD: 2]

Edited by Vally

He glances towards the woman and chuckles softly at hearing her anger and frustration at the situation at hand as he just sends all the rewards from this chest towards the woman except for the unidentified consumables planning to utilize them for a merchant mass identifying if he ever meets a new merchant so he can help them out through the lower levels. Look for yourself i sent everything to you for the rewards so you can keep all of that i don't need anything like that for myself at where i am now in this game. he says towards the woman as he than glances around the field wondering what to do next having hoped the woman would have gotten the next boar tusk if anything. He runs a hand through his hair ever so slightly as he glances towards his familiar that is still slaying one boar after the other for sport and enjoyment as the black haired martial artist chuckles to himself as a drifting thought passes through his mind. 'I wonder if he is killing all the ones that drop the tusks.'

Vally graciously accepted the materials and col with a small bow. It was only polite. "Thanks. The mats will come in handy for levelling my crafting when I get to that, and col is col. It's a shame these pups are too weak to drop loot, otherwise I might be getting...y'know, something, rather than having to deal with this ridiculous drop rate." The amusing thing is that the drop rate was actually around 45%, but her own luck was getting to her in the worst way. Low rolls abound.

"Anyway, back to boar farming...", she huffed, before turning around and heading for the next boar pup. With a flourish she raised her spear to kill it off, but fate really wasn't on her side. The pup's tusks caught her spearhead and knocked it wide, leaving her open. It took the moment to leap towards her, taking advantage of the opening, but Vally was completely unharmed, and she grabbed the creature by its tusk and threw it to the ground. "This is why I stacked mitigation on this armour...but would it hurt to die when I hit you?!"

[Roll ID #108150 BD: 1 MD: 9]

Vally: 60/60 HP | 2/6 EN (+1 regen, -2 Heft)

> Attack: 3-18 = 0

Edited by Vally

He chuckles softly as he hears the words that the woman says as he looks towards her with a small nod of his head as he looks at her. Well if i may say if you are tired of not killing these things even if you miss why not invest into some thorns for the meantime it would clear out most of these beginner quests, and it is a common strategy i hear nowadays for new players to face their gemini while it is still weak with mitigation and thorns so they can potion spam to kill it. Though that is a new tactic before most faced their gemini seemingly when one wished to have a moment of reflection while fighting a mirror image of themselves that would give them a challenge unlike most other quests at later levels. He says towards the woman remembering the gemini just now with having to think about thorns triggering his memory of such information as he just calmly sits back and watches the whole affair with his familiar at his side.

Vally frowned at the boar and turned on her heel. She brought her spear around to her side to prepare for another Heft, before takng a step forward and raising her weapon to perform the Sword Art. It seemed she had a critical, because the pup was practically launched into the air from her strike. She supposed it made up for missing the last hit, but it was still annoying that her progress was being slowed even further by failing to hit them. However, this time, she gave a triumphant cry and raised a hand, clutching a tusk. "Got one! Now I only need one more!", she yelled, apparently very pleased with herself.

After placing the tusk inside her inventory, the spear-woman rolled her neck with a smirk. "Thorns would...actually be pretty useful, really. Although that does rely on them actually hitting me, but I guess killing them with my Sword Art also relies on me hitting them...maybe that would have been a good idea. Don't think I can swap it out, though, so I'm stuck with Mitigation for now. That does sound like a good idea too, but from what I know, the Gemini won't kill you anyway, so I'd rather practice against it than just roll through."

[Roll ID #108165 BD: 9]

Vally: 60/60 HP | 1/6 EN (+1 regen, -2 Heft)

>Heft (Critical) 5x2 = 10

Boar Pup: 0/5 HP (-5)

[Roll ID #108166 LD: 13]

Edited by Vally

He nods his head towards the woman and thinks of quests that could help her out as he closes his eyes in thought trying to think of a few options that she could take for something that would be useful. Well as i said overstayed welcome gives you a uncommon gear of your choice so you can use such things to your advantage. After that you might want to try and get in contact with a frontliner or two about tier one gear they might've had at some point that you can use. If you're looking for thorns ask one called Shield, Macradon, Calrex, Morgenstern, or hestia. If you're looking for light armor their is that Jomei guy, or Itzal, or Hikoru are the big ones i hear rattling up the news world of the info brokers. Though their also have been some talk about a player named Hirru having done something rather stupid also. Right now though the prices are too high for such info soo i have to wait a bit until i hear mumerings of the news or once the price is lowered.

"Yeah, I can do that one. I was thinking of combining heavy and light armour together to get maxed out mitigation and evasion. It'll help a lot with soloing, while in boss raids and other stuff like that, I can switch to a trinket or something. It's something that just came to me, although I'm not sure how well it'd go. It'd be a great build for tanking, at the very least!", she stated. "Information is expensive, huh? Sounds like humans I guess. We're at a point where we could all die without cooperating, and there's still people looking to make money, however fictional, from it." There was a hint of venom in her voice, and she shook her head. "I'll keep them in mind. Know any players I should avoid?"

With that question in the air, Vally twirled her spear and got back into it. Apparently, however, she was still off, and the swing went wide. The pup's charge went wide too, however, and they were left staring eachother down. "Great, out of energy. This is absolutely wonderful..."

[Roll ID #108213 BD: 3 MD: 3]

Vally: 60/60 HP | 0/6 EN (+1 regen, -2 Heft)

Edited by Vally

Players to be careful of? He says in a questioning tone of as he shrugs his shoulders not really having any such player in mind not knowing of any players that has spread through the grapevine of talks and information that would be classified as a trouble case to avoid at all costs. Everybody is a viable ally to make within this game it just depends on who you want to stick with in terms of allies you surround yourself with since some poeple you'll naturally clash with more than others and thus be counted as a person you would want to avoid at all costs. Most have good intentions nowadays, but the Ascendants? Their guild just broke up you probably won't get to see much of them anymore around here except during big events though it might be a fun challenge would it not to hunt down these ascendants while they are hiding if they had gone down that path? Most say the guild leaders Itzal and Morgenstern are trying to go off the grid to avoid more pain. Also yes info brokers sell information that is rather privileged to know such as what i am saying. And it is expensive for this reason also. That once the information is sold anybody and their mother could talk and spread it around to others for free of charge. He informs the woman with a shrug of his shoulders as a small smirk goes across his face because of that all the meanwhile. However, that also means that whatever happened on floor boss must've been a lot more special than usual.

Vally jabbed at the boar pup, her spear striking true this time. A long gash was left down its side as it charged, slamming right into her leg...and bouncing off. Mitigation was great, she decided. Once again, she was rather unphased by the boar, and she just casually looked to Mars while it continued to futilely charge and bounce off, over and over again. "I was talking about any known red players. I've heard of Laughing Coffin, but I was more thinking of names I should worry about if I hear they're nearby. Don't wanna get cut off before I can become a frontliner by some jackass who started playing properly earlier than me."

"Ascendants? Were they some PK guild like Laughing Coffin? And weren't Itzal and Morgenstern people you just said would be a good idea to ask about leftover items?", she questioned, before noticing the smirk. She mirrored it with one of her own. "Special, you say? Any idea of what kind of special? Some new tier of item? Someone found a new skill?"

[Roll ID #108246 BD: 7 MD: 6]

Vally: 60/60 HP | 0/6 EN (+1 regen, -1 attack)

>Attack: 1x4 = 4

Boar Pup: 1/5 HP [-4 attack]

>Attack: 3-18 = 0

Edited by Vally

Supposedly some big shots attacked the Celestials and forced them to disband after having apprentices just get slaughtered. Also, known red players that would be Aereth Aincrad's resident Killer of killers. You aren't a killer you won't be in his target sights. You become a killer and you're on his hit list and he will come after you at one time or the other eventually. It's why Laughing Coffin supposedly is in hiding and hasn't done something in so long he has them running cold and scared by knocking out the members he finds, but not any higher ups most likely since he just hit tier three in levels according to rumors. Meanwhile the leaders of Laughing Coffin are most likely enough of a match to put the highest of tier three players to shame if they revealed themselves. They've had plenty of time to train. he says in a calm manner as if not afraid of Aincrad's deadliest guild around as he watches the woman continue to combat the little boars that are running around trying to kill her for trying to kill them. Ascendants. Were also known to be one of the more friendliest guilds around helps that they've been around the longest until they just broke up.

Vally decided to finish off the bouncing boar pup so she could focus fully on the conversation. As it came rushing back in she simply twirled her spear and skewered it from above, letting its shards float off into the air. She hoped that this one would drop its tusk, but alas, it was not to be, and she let out a defeated and annoyed sigh. "These damned drops...anyway. That Aereth guy sounds pretty interesting. Hunting down other red players...it's a good goal, I guess. And doing it as sub tier-3, too...he might be good to ask for advice, if I ever meet him."

"Them just breaking up sucks. Know of any other guilds like them? I should think about joining one eventually, really. Running around on your own is boring, after all, and pooling resources together would just give a better chance of getting us all out of here alive. Hrm...anyway, time for another break, I think."

[Roll ID #108252 BD: 6]

Vally: 60/60 HP | 0/6 EN (+1 regen, -1 attack)

>Attack: 1x4 = 4

Boar Pup: 0/5 HP [-1 attack]

[Roll ID #108253 LD: 6]

Edited by Vally

He glances towards the girl and chuckles at her wanting to hunt Aincrad's top killer next to the woman known as Mari who had hunted players also though if they were green or orange is not known that information having been lost to history. He just remains silent on that not going to suggest one way or the other if she should in fact pursue that man or not since one way or the other if she reaches the frontlines she will meet the infamous killer of killers eventually. Though the question about guilds have him shrugging his shoulders as he thinks about the current guilds of Aincrad. Their is the Guardians of the New dawn. A guild that is rather populated with players though many of them are just low levels haven't seen them running around a lot though. Holy Dragon Alliance a group of players that seem to operate like a tight knit group, but one of its members Hestia seems to be the most talkative to lower levels of that group. Knights of Blood oath are...sadly a rather scarce in member guild though the man known as Macradon and Hirru have reputations of being good people. Those are the guilds that i know of that might be worth mentioning. He says honestly towards the woman not knowing of any other guilds that could've formed by now.

If she were to meet the killer of killers, it certainly wouldn't be to kill him. Rather, if someone like that could survive a crusade against Laughing Coffin at his level, then there would be a lot to learn from him. Tactics, build...many useful things that would help her survive indeed. She was worried about PKers, especially at her level, after all.

"The Holy Dragon Alliance sounds interesting. Tight knit groups are always the most fun, really. Plus, they have the smallest risk of backstabbing. I'll have to see about that, I guess. Getting into a guild would definitely be a good idea", Vally mused while examining her spear. "Are any of the other tutorial quests this bad for farming? I guess I'll just need to buy some LD food, and maybe a trinket too, just in case." Farming was always a pain, really. At least she wasn't going to have to spend all day on this quest even at the current rate. At least, she hoped. She'd rather not spend more than a day on the tutorial of all things.

Edited by Vally

This one is the worse tutorial right next to that Escape quest on floor three those two are tests of patience for every player who wishes to take them, and it would be wise for you to buff as much as you can to have those on hand for when you wish to enter floor three. Since if you don't do so you might just meet an early end and that wouldn't be a rather good time for anybody. He says in a calm and collected tone of voice towards the woman known as Valley with a nod of his head as he hears her words and thinks upon them when she mentions joining the holy dragon alliance and just nods his head in understanding of that. Well than if you go to join that guild i wish you the best of luck the guild leader seems selective at points with who he chooses, it is the Hestia woman who seems the most eager to have new friends and allies since she seems to be walking around the lower floors helping people out when she can. He says towards Valley with a small shrug of his shoulders to give her the information she requests.

Vally really, really was not looking forward to that escape quest. She could already tell it was going to be a massive pain to deal with, especially since it was apparently solo. She'd have to bring a lot of potions for that quest, indeed. She'd probably end up having to farm Col to get those potions too. Ugh. But whatever, she'd figure something out. "Yeah, I plan on it. I wanna make sure I'm fully ready for that quest, maybe even get my mitigation to a point that they can't hurt me. Do you remember how much damage they did?", she questioned, before looking over the area. She wanted to find boars as soon as she was ready to go again. Knowing her, she'd probably end up getting it on the first one, making the extra time waiting for her energy to recharge pointless.

"And yet somehow I managed to make friends with a grump like you before meeting her", the spearwoman replied sarcastically and with a teasing smirk. "You in any guilds? Seems like if you were in one they'd be very focused on being the best they can be. Hmm, maybe I should actually start a guild with that kind of focus...", she mused, placing a finger on her bottom lip in thought.

Me join a guild? None of them around currently are particular to my tastes if i am being honest they are all...mostly have something wrong with them most likely. The guardians of the new dawn was a guild my partner was part of that he left. And if they can get happy go lucky Pin to leave something must've happened to really put him off, or he did something but i can't imagine much that idiot could do to get him kicked. The knights of blood oath are too military like for my tastes i like doing things with freedom. The Holy dragons as i mentioned are seemingly selective in their process. Thus i am more so of the mind of making my own guild at some point or to just wait patiently and see who is around and what i can do to make the most out of the scenarios ahead that will come up. It is a matter of finding those with enough energy and dedication to push ahead always since i wouldn't want to make allies out of people who will just...disappear into the shadows of this town once more. He says in a calm tone of voice with his eyes having this rather passive and apathetic look within his eyes as he looks towards the woman each word not meant to be a nice fluff or polite words towards any one party. All seemingly just being the martial artist's true thoughts and reasons for what he has done.