[F01- PP] The Material Needs <<Nature’s Treasure>> w/ Hei

Log Entry 20

I go on a gathering trip with Hei because he has run out of materials for crafting and since I ordered two items from him I might as well help him get more mats as well as getting some mats for me to pay him with. 

——————————

After Cosi had messaged Hei, the owner of the Hanger, about doing some gathering the blonde tank had received another message affirming that he would join him. So Cosi headed down from his workshop and home on floor four to the first floor. From the Town of Beginnings the platinum blonde tank made his way to the gardens. Cosi was becoming used to the gardens on floor one from the now many times he had gone there but that didn't mean that they didn't take his breath away. The gardens were vibrant and verdant, full of life and growth. The grass was lush and sparkled with dew. Beautiful, brightly colored flowers grew in groups alongside patches of dark earth where vegetables flourished. Fruit trees orchards abounded, heavy laden with oranges, apples, apricots, and other delicious looking fruit. Nestled and scattered throughout where lakes and ponds teeming with fish. The whole place was a paradise. 

Cosi simply stood just inside the gardens by a noticeable archway and waited for @Hei. Hopefully the tailor would be here soon. 

Edited by Cosi

Hei had been in his shop, when @Cosi, who had recently ordered two items, had massaged him about a gathering trip he was planing. - I am out of materials and it's always boring to go and gather on my own, so I should tag along - Hei though, remembering the last time he had gone on a solo gathering trip, and how boring it had been. Equipping his casual cloths and the Champions Robes, he got ready to leave the house.

As Hei lived on the first floor it was just a short walk for him to arrive at the gardens. The view was as breathtaking as ever when he arrived, and even though he had hurried, Cosi was already waiting for him. " Hello, I hope  you didn't have to wait for long." Hei greeted the other player with a smile on his face. Waiting for Cosi to reply, Hei waited next to him, to then turn towards the garden and decide, which way he would use to gather materials this time. Last time he had done some gardening, but it had been a little boring, and for sure a good bit of work, so he would go and get some fishing going today.
Walking over to the pond closest to him, he opened his inventory and got the fishing pole from it, getting ready to catch as much as possible, and he was indeed quite successful. Not even a minute after he had thrown the hook, the first fish had already bitten, and he had caught with ease. So within a short moment of fishing, he already had four fish in his basket.

ID# 108046
CD: 11 -> 4 mats
T1 total: 4

Edited by Hei

Fishing: ID# 108058- CD: 2- result: nothing

CD [1-4]: Nothing CD 5-6: 1 [7-8]: 2 CD [9-10]: 3 CD [11]: 4 CD [12] (LD 15+; otherwise 4 mats): Treasure Chest 

The tank stood up straight from his lax position and gave the tailor a cheerful greeting and a lopsided grin, "I didn't wait long at all so no worries. Let's get fishing." Cosi followed Hei to a nearby pond, sat down, pulled out his fishing pole, and then began to fish. The tailor had already netted himself four materials so Cosi had some catching up to do. He cast out his line and as he began to wait for something to bite he turned to Hei, "So I was just planning on giving you whatever I catch to pay for my items and then If I don't get all twenty four materials I'll make up the difference with some gathering of my own. Sound good?" As Cosi waited for Hei's response He turned his attention back to his fishing line. Sadly nothing seemed to be biting yet so the white blonde player looked back to the tailor, "So I guess besides being a tailor what do you do? like build wise, specialty, etc." Cosi really didn't know what to ask the other player since he didn't know Hei at all. He had only just met the man since he needed different armor for his new build. 

@Hei

Edited by Cosi

When Hei had arrived, Cosi had told him he hadn't waited log at all, so Hei was happy about not having his gathering parter waiting for long. When they sat down to get some fishing done, Cosi told him, that he was planing on giving him what ever he caught to pay for the items, and that in case of him not catching enough he would get the difference by gathering on his own. "That's a good plan, so I hope you get them to byte real often, so I can start  crafting them and you don't have to wait much longer"  he said.

After he had some of the fishing done and it seemed that Cosi wasn't going to catch anything, the blond player turned back to Hei and asked him about what he was doing besides being a tailor. Hei had to think a moment before he could answer it, as he didn't knew what he could tell Cosi and what probably wasn't for his ears. "Well, where should I start? " he said, taking a short break again, before he continued "I am the co leader of the Guardians of the new Dawn, I don't know if you have heard about us, but we are a guild helping lower level players getting strong enough to survive. That's quite a job, even though we aren't as active as we have been lately. Then there is my girlfriend and besides that I still do gathering and other quests, so my shop stays in business. Well, you asked for what I am going for build wise, so I would say it's damage, but with my equipment right now it's more some kind of hybrid tank, using a one handed spear and a heavy shield combined with light armour. How about you?" he finished with asking Cosi. While he was talking, he still looked for his fishing and was able to catch another fish.

ID# 108060
CD: 6 -> 1 mats
T1 total: 5

@Cosi

Edited by Hei

Fishing: ID# 108061- CD: 12 LD: 18+5= 23- result: Fished up a Tresure Chest! 

Cosi nodded at Hei's answers, "I can't say I have heard of you guys but then again I haven't really been looking into guilds. I've mostly been doing things by myself or with close friends. But I'll have to look into you guys. See if you're worth joining." Cosi grinned then continued, "That seems like a cool build. And I did have something similar to your build. I used sword and shield but since then I have changed what I'm doing. That's actually why I ordered new armor from your shop. My new build will be more focused on evaded strikes but I'll still have plenty of armor to tank hits. And then I'll be using a two handed weapon. Probably an ax." Cosi returned his attention to fishing line when he felt it tug. The line grew tight as Cosi tried to reel it in. Cosi struggled for a couple seconds before realizing that it was caught on something and realizing that that something could only be one thing. The blonde tugged harder on his pole till he felt a give. Then it wasn't too difficult to pull up the submerged treasure chest and set it with a heavy thunk on the dock. Cosi gave Hei a big grin, "looks like our lucky day huh?"

@Hei

Edited by Cosi

When Cosi told Hei, that he hadn't heard of the Guardians of the new Dawn he was a little surprised, as the had been one of the most active and largest guilds not to long ago, but then there were others, and if one didn't look for a guild, one probably hadn't heard of them. "Well, you seem to get along very well, so I can understand you weren't looking for a guild. Most of us were friends before we founded the guild, so it's not to much different from what you were doing, even though lately we got a few new members. And what you are telling me about your new build sounds like a good idea. It's mostly what I am doing, even though I dropped out of some of the options that would have increased my damage. For example I got an familiar that boosts my accuracy instead of my damage, just so I can use both my light armour and the shield I got." Hei thought it was good talking with someone who had a strategy close to what he had himself, and so he decided to think about what he was going to learn next.

While he was thinking, Cosi had something on his hook, and it must be something huge, as it took him some time and power to get it out of the water. What he pulled out of the water was a treasure chest. "Seems like we are indeed lucky, I'll try to open it" he said, coming closer and looking at the heavy padlock that was keeping the chest closed. As Hei didn't know how to crack locks, he simply used his trident to break it, and when the popup appeared, telling him what was inside he was a little disappointed in it. "Well, maybe we aren't that lucky, it's just super low amount of col and a ingle material. As you are the one fishing it up, you should have all of it" Hei said and sent the items to @Cosi

ID# 108063
LD:
3 -> mimic, but doesn't happen in this quest -> 25 col and 1 T1 material
T1 total: 5

Edited by Hei

Fishing: ID# 108064- CD: 1- result: nothing

CD [1-4]: Nothing CD 5-6: 1 [7-8]: 2 CD [9-10]: 3 CD [11]: 4 CD [12] (LD 15+; otherwise 4 mats): Treasure Chest

"I'm planning on getting a familiar to give me mitigation so that it frees up my equipment for other options like accuracy and damage" Cosi said to Hei as he cast out his line again. Then the tailor opened the chest Cosi had fished up and Cosi looked over his shoulder to watch. Sadly they didn't get any much loot from it. "No worries mate. I'll just try and fish up a second one." Cosi gave a chuckle and looked back to his fishing line. It hadn't moved. Cosi gave a sigh and then a weak smile, "Alas it looks like the fish aren't biting. Looks like luck isn't with me today." Cosi then turned back to the pond and waited till a fish decided to bite. Hopefully that would be soon, since he did need to pay Hei for the two items he owned him. And so far Cosi only had one material to pay him. Only 23 more to go.

@Hei

Cosi told him, that he was going to get a familiar that would increase his mitigation, as it would free up his equipment for more options. "Yeah, it's a good way of increasing one's variety of what one can build. I now realize, that it might have been better to get a familiar that enhanced something that is increasing with my tier, as I wouldn't have to get new items when ever I reach a cap, but then I wouldn't want to go full damage, so it's all right with me." he told the other player, as his thoughts went on with Cosi's idea.
Then they went on with fishing, Cosi wasn't to disappointed with what was in the chest, even though Hei could see, that he had hoped for more.
- To be honest, who wouldn't have hoped for more, it was a damn treasure chest, and what was inside wasn't really worth mentioning at all - he thought, but when something bit, he had to stop thinking about it and focus on getting it out of the water. Not to long after this, he had caught another three fish he could change for some useful material.

ID# 108103
CD:
9 -> 3 T1 mats

T1 total: 8

@Cosi

Edited by Hei

Fishing: ID# 108120- CD: 10- result: 3 mats

Total: 4 mats

Cosi shrugged at Hei's statement, "I believe you can get a new familiar- I'm not too sure- so you would be able to switch if you wanted to." Cosi looked back to his pole as it finally had jumped from a tug on the line. Cosi had finally gotten a bite, "Looks like I finally caught a fish." The blonde player grinned at the tailor and began to reel in his line. The fish on the hook was quite a big fish, at least two feet in length, and when Cosi removed it from the hook the game automatically dissolved it into three materials. Cosi set them down beside the the material Hei had gotten from the chest. Only eighteen more materials to go and then I won't be in debt to Hei. Cosi grinned to himself. I've got all lot more fishing to do, like a lot more fishing. 

@Hei

Cosi shrugged as Hei told him, that it might have been better to get some other familiar, just to show that he wasn't to sure about that. Then he mentioned that he believed in the possibility of getting a new familiar, once he had said that, Hei shook his head and said "Nah, I believe having Huatli at my side is quite enough, and I couldn't let her go just like that. " After he had said this, both Hei and Cosi focused on fishing, and it seemed both of them were lucky this time. Cosi was happy that he had finally caught a fish, when Hei reeled in another big one, huge enough to dissolve into three materials. - Well, If I keep gathering this well, I might be able to craft the items that were ordered when I didn't have any materials soon. I hate letting my customers wait - he thought, and just to not let the conversation die, he turned back to Cosi and asked "You got the fishing skill, which means you probably are gathering for more than just payment. Do you have your own shop, and if so, what kind of work do you do?"

ID# 108154
CD:
9 -> 3 T1 mats

T1 total: 11

Edited by Hei

Fishing: ID# 108180- CD: 1- result: nothing

Cosi flung his line across the pond then watched the ripples from the impact. He waited a couple seconds, just watching it, seeing if a fish would bite right away and when one didn't he turned to his companion. Hei asked if he had a store or any other reason for fishing. At that the white blonde haired player gave a chuckle and a weak grin, "Yeah, I'm a merchant so I sell stuff, but I haven't opened my shop right now. I haven't done much of anything with it in a while really so it might do me some good to open it to the public." Cosi gave a shrug and grinned at Hei. "So, how is being a tailor? I know it must be different than real life but it still seems like an interesting profession." Cosi asked a question of his own and then looked back to his fishing line. It still hadn't moved. The blonde tank gave a small sigh and continued waiting. 

@Hei

After Hei had caught his last big fish, he had asked Cosi about his profession, and the blonde had chuckled a little, before he had started telling him, that he owned a merchant's store, but that it wasn't open at the moment. - I wonder why he hasn't done much in his profession. Maybe he is just very busy going on adventures with his friends - he thought, when Cosi continued, telling him, that was thinking about opening it for the public soon. "That's always nice to hear. What exactly does an merchant do?" he asked, before Cosi shrugging and grinning at him asked him how it was to be a tailor. Hei smiled and said "Well, I don't know how it is in the real world, never have touched a needle out there, but within this game it's a pretty well made crafting system. In the beginning I just thought it simply was choosing the right materials and while crafting deciding which enhancements would be best, but nowadays I noticed, that there is a hidden more specific crafting system I got once I reached a high enough level. So there actually is things like taking measurement and stuff like that one would have to do in the real world too. With this system, the Items wont use the auto fit function, so they fit perfectly for whom I made them, but not anyone else, except they had the same bodytype and measurements. "
That was all he could tell Cosi at the moment, as he really didn't knew what else to say, so he turned his attention back to the pond. Cosi's line still hadn't moved, which was kind of sad, and became even sadder, when Hei cast his line out, waited for about half a minute and got another big one.

ID# 108244
CD:
10 -> 3 T1 mats

T1 total: 14

@Cosi

Edited by Hei

fishing: ID# 108248- CD: 4- result: nothing

As Cosi listened to his companion he completely forgot about the fishing rod in his hand, letting it go limp. He simply turned and listened to Hei talk about the system the game had put in place for creating and crafting. It was fairly interesting which made Cosi think about if he had chosen a crafting occupation like tailor or blacksmith. That would have been interesting since then he could make his own arms and armor. Cosi nodded to himself, "Interesting. That's actually really cool." The blonde player was so engrossed in his own thoughts that he didn't even noticed when his line began to tug until it was too late and the fish had swum away, "Darn. I guess I really should pay attention to fishing more. It looks like I'll have to catch up if I want to pay for my items, won't I?" Cosi gave Hei a lopsided grin and recast his line. 

@Hei

• 2 weeks later...

To Hei it seemed, Cosi was really interested in what he told him, he even forgot to look for his fishing pole and missed the opportunity when a fish had gotten the hook. After that, he simply recast the line, and told Hei, that he had to catch up, if he wanted to pay for the items he had ordered. "Well, you maybe should. I don't know how long you'll take to get the materials, but even with my luck I don't have that much mats by now. And I might have forgotten about it, so good that you remembered me" he said, smiled and cast out the line, but it seemed the fish didn't want to bite this time. So when it took to long, Hei decided, that he would stop gathering by fishing, and instead use his gatherer skill and the enhancement of his cloak to go and find some materials the old fashioned way. "How about we go and have a look at what else we can find without just sitting here?" he asked the blonde.

ID# 108549
CD: 3 -> nothing caught

@Cosi

Edited by Hei

Fishing: ID# 108565- CD: 12, LD: 1+5=6- Result: 4 materials 

Just as Hei suggested moving on to gathering Cosi felt a sharp tug on his fishing rod. The blonde haired tank quickly began reeling in the line but he was actually struggling. "Just give me a second. I think I caught a big one." Cosi struggled with the fish for a minute or two more before he was able to land his catch. The fish was about three feet in length, which was massive, and netted the tank four more materials which doubled the amount he had already. "A very big one." Cosi put his materials away and went to follow Hei. "You're free to gather but I will probably still to fishing. I've never been too good at gathering. Anyways, there are plenty of ponds and lakes around so as you root around trees and bushes for mats I'll just fish in a nearby lake. Sound good?" Cosi rested his fishing pole over his shoulder and waited for Hei to pick a direction and head off. 

Spoiler

Total: 8 Mats

@Hei

When Hei first asked Cosi, if it was okay for him to switch from fishing to go and use some more standard gathering, Cosi interrupted him, as he had caught a big fish and had to reel it in before he could focus on what Hei said. "Wow, nice catch!" Hei said, before he continued talking to Cosi. After he had told him everything, the blonde agreed with him, but also told him, that he would continue fishing, as he wasn't that good in gathering, but that there were many ponds around, so Hei could go and look for mats and he would just fish in what ever pond was near. "Okay, then let's go" Hei said, choosing a direction at random after he had place the fishing rod back into his inventory.
The direction he chose lead them through a nice and relaxingly green and lively forest towards a bigger meadow, where Hei could see quite a lot of bushes that all were possible spawnpoints for berries that could be converted into materials. Hastily Hei walked over to the first of the bushes, and checked for fruit, but there wasn't anything he was able to collect, shrugging his shoulders, Hei walked over to the next one, but before he reached it, his foot got stuck in a small hole on the ground and Hei stumbled and fell to the ground, just slightly being quick enough to get his hands to stop the fall.
"ough... what was that?" he mumbled more to himself, then so Cosi could hear it.

ID# 108709
LD:
1 -> crit fail

@Cosi

Edited by Hei

Fishing: ID# 108749- CD: 2- result: nothing.

Cosi followed Hei to a larger field covered in patches of flowers and berry bushes, so more like a meadow, and started looking for a small pond to start fishing in as the tailor began searching for materials among the bushes and plants. Cosi spotted a small reflective pond not too fr from the spot Hei was searching and made his way over there. The blonde haired tank had just sat down and pulled out his fishing pole when he heard a muffled thump and a some exclamation. Cosi quickly jumped u and turned around. It seemed that Hie had fallen over and was lying face down in the grass. Cosi dropped his rod and ran over to help the tailor, "You okay Hei?" Cosi reached down to grab a hand and help Hei to his feet. Cosi wasn't too concerned, he knew monsters didn't spawn in this area too regularly, so the dark haired player probably only tripped on a root or rock. 

@Hei

It seemed Cosi had a better sense of hearing than he had expected, as the blonde dropped his rod and ran over to where he was lying, grabbing his hand and helping Hei to his feet, asking if he was okay. "Yeah, I am okay, it's not like anything on this floor could rally be a threat to me. But still thanks for the help." he thanked the player and brushed of some dirt from his pants. Realizing, that where he had stumbled and fallen, there was a deeper hole and he had been lucky, that he was inside the game, as it would have been a possibility that he would have broken his ankle in this one. He had a closer look, and saw that it was not just dirt and rocks, but also some kind of fruit looking a little like potatoes, but smaller and dark reddish colour. He gathered as many of them as he could, and when he put them into his inventory they got changed into three materials - Seems like it all was a lucky turn on events - he thought, while he decided that he would continue gathering around here some more, so Cosi could stay at the pond and get some fishing done.

ID# 109241
LD:
11+3 = 14 -> 1 T1 mat | CD: 8 -> +2 bonus mats

T1 total: 17

@Cosi

Edited by Hei

Fishing: ID# 109267- CD: 1- result: nothing

Cosi nodded as Hei stood up. Both of the players were probably high enough level that nothing on this floor could really hurt them. "You're welcome mate." After making sure that Hei was fine the platinum blonde tank went back over to the pond he had been fishing at, picked up his rod, and then with a flick of his wrist he send the line sailing over the pond to land in the middle of the water. Ripples were sent out and Cosi then began to wait for a fish to hopefully bite. However after a good five minutes the player realized that he would be waiting for a good amount of time. When I dropped my fishing rod it must have disturbed the water and scared the fish away so know I will just have to patiently wait. The blonde haired player sighed. Too bad that I am not the most patient of people. 
@Hei

After Cosi had helped him getting to his feet, the tank went back to go and fish for some materials, while Hei decided, that he would go and search for some more of the red potato things he had found by accident. - So if they grew here, and something liked them, I should be able to find some more hole like the one I stumbled over - he thought and started walking around, looking down, so he would not stumble again, and indeed, after a few minutes of walking around he saw another hole in the ground. Quickly Hei walked over there, kneeled down and scooped out some more of the potatoes, resulting in him getting another four materials. "Hey Cosi, I found some more mats, are you okay with us leaving soon?" he asked the tank, who was still sitting right next to the pond. He had gathered lot's of materials, and he knew there was lot's of work waiting for him, so he wanted to bring them back soon

ID# 109328
LD:
12+3 = 15 -> 2 + CD: 8 -> 2 Bonus = 4 T1 mats

T1 total: 21

OOC:

Spoiler

@Cosi are you okay with us closing this thread soon. Maybe you could search for a treasure chest on your next post (as it is the 21st) and in case of you finding one I could open it. And after that we close the thread. I really need the mats for my shop

Edited by Hei