[ PP - 01] Second Things Second <<The Second Lessons is Also Free>> w/ Dustin

Kirbs whistled as she twirled her dagger as she exited the blacksmith's shop. Woowhee, well, at least we got that down. She stopped and sheathed her dagger, opening up her quest menu along with it.  Just to kill a few baby pigs? No problem! She grinned foolishly to herself as she closed her menu. Well! She clapped her hands together and inhaled a sharp breath. Time to start heading off! Kirbs was just about to start leaving before she rams into something. She jumped back a few moments after the impact and frowned, "yo, dude. What's your problem?" She mumbled, blinking. She looked up at the figure and her lips tugged upward a few millimeters. "Oh hey, you're that dude from the..." she snapped her fingers, trying to come up with the scenario. "From the sand shark thing, right?" She chuckled to herself. "Yeah, sorry. Forgot your name. Uh, Whoopsies?" 

@Dustin

Battle Ready:

Spoiler

Stats:

LVL: 5

HP: 100

EN: 10

DMG: 2

ACC: 2

EVA: 1

MIT: 0

Paralyze: 1

Perfect: Green  Rare: Blue   Uncommon: Yellow  Vanity: Orange

Equipped:

> Shatterglass: 2 ACC, 1 Paralyze 

Starter's Light Armor: 1 EVA

Items:

> 5 Starter Healing Potions: Heals 50 HP

Skills:

> T1 Dagger Skill

Edited by Kirbs

Dustin looks back at the girl who had bumped into him. “The name’s Dustin.” He says, rather callously. He had been fed up, because every time he tried to do this quest, something always went wrong. This stupid quest has taken a long time. Though I should be kind to her though. “Sorry, I’m just slightly annoyed.” He smiles innocently. “I’ve tried to do this quest way too many times.” He says. He equips his weapons and pulls out a cookie. He smiles and offers her the cookie. “I carry them around because I used to be a big brother. I guess it’s just a habit now.” He says, pulling out his own and taking a bite. He smiles at the thought of adventure and continues to eat his cookie.

Spoiler

Dustin: 240/240 HP | 24/24 EN | 5 DMG | 32 MIT | 1 PARA | 1 ACC | 2 EVA | 9 Thorns | BH 2

@Kirbs

Edited by Dustin

She raised an eyebrow at his tone and voice but shook it off. “Kirbs,” she said simply. Bajeesus, what’s his deal? He looks like he just found out someone ran over his dog, yeesh. “When are we ever not annoyed?” Kirbs let out an impassive laugh. She tilted her head as he held out a cookie to her. Realizing what he was doing, she shook her head and sweat dropped. “Oh, no, no. I don’t take food so lightly. You never know what people put in there. No offense though,” she giggled nervously. Uhm, used to be? The hell has this guy gone through? 

She riddled with her fingers, “Uh. So you’re the doing the second quest of the chain, huh? You wanna work together or something..?” She mumbled sheepishly. “It’ll be easier, and I think time will pass just a tad quicker. Y’know?” Kirbs shrugged her shoulders and looked at him goofily.

@Dustin

Edited by Kirbs

Dustin smiles as he takes a bite of the cookie he had offered the girl. His shield across the back of his belt and his sword dangling down his back, he turns and says, “Sure, everything is more fun with others around ya know?” He walks onwards humming a tune and dancing. His head swaying and he spins happily slamming his back right into a table as he flips over. It almost looked like a scene from a cartoon the way he flipped over and tumbled a few more feet. “Ow, that was actually fun.” He chuckles looking up at the girl. “Sorry, guess I had a nice trip.” He laughs. And he sticks the landing. Dad and Kadin would be proud. His eyes dart around in a panic as he sees his cookie laying on the ground half eaten. He pulls out another one and stands up, his face full of sadness and disappointment. He takes the first bite and that sadness goes away.

@Kirbs

"... yeah," she sniffed and started walking towards the town's exit. A loud crash made her jump as she looked back to see Dustin tumbling. The fu- "Yeah... puns. You got to love them," she mumbled to herself as she started to walk again. "So, I guess you kill... what was it, three baby boars or something? Yeah, so you do that. Don't die or whatever," she mumbled. As she neared the town entrance, she looked up at him again and blinked. "So, when you're done with all of that, just meet up with me so we can walk back together, vice versa. Got it?" Without waiting for an answer, she took out her dagger from her inventory and headed off towards the plains.  Let's get this bloody thing over with, I just want to finish this blasted quest chain and be over with it. Not too hard, right? Yeah, right.

@Dustin

The boy smirks. He draws his sword and shield and bolts through the field. “With pleasure.” He moves like a lightning bolt through the field. His movement hidden in a blur as he slashes through the first boar he sees. It explodes into blue pixels as he stops. This is gonna be incredibly boring if it’s all this easy. He turns and sees nothing had dropped from the boar pup and he looks across the field and in the distance sees the girl who had suggested the party. “Damn we forgot to do a party thingy.” He sits on a rock and sees if he can see her combat style from this distance. If not I can just eat this cookie. Maybe it’ll be better than the cookie I dropped. The cookie not the combat. He breaks into laughter. “I’m such a kidder.” He sits on the ground and lays on his side. “This spot is super comfortable. I could totally sleep here.” He closes his eyes and jolts up quickly, remembering the quest he’s on.

Spoiler

ID: 107937

BD: 8

Hit

5 - 5 = 0 HP

Dustin: 240/240 HP | 23/24 EN | 5 DMG | 32 MIT | 1 PARA | 9 Thorns | 1 ACC | 2 EVA | BH 2

Boar Pup: 0/5 HP | 3 HP

ID: 107939

LD: 6 + 3 = 9 (fail)

@Kirbs

Edited by Dustin

Kirbs pretty much found a boar immediately after leaving. She took one look at it before pouting. "Why do I have to kill such an adorable thing, darn you Kayaba!" She yelled at the sky as if she was cursing God himself. I curse thee Kayaba, I curse thee to hell. She sniffed but quickly got over it. Well, I fought a giant wasp thingie. So I can sure as hell defeat some little tiny boar. Yeah! I can do this! 

Kirbs yelped as she fell face first into the bright green grass.  Well, that was anticlimactic. She gave a muffled, "ow." Deciding that she would be much more comfortable on the ground, she waited for the boar to come at her. "Well, what are you waiting for?! Come and get me you dumb pig!" she waved her hands in the air as she lifted up her chin. The bloody thing is pitying me!

ID: 107942

BD: 1 + 2 = 3, Fail

MD: 5 - 1 = 4, Fail

H: 0 | HP: 100/100 | EN: 8/10 | 1 EVA | 2 ACC | 1 Paralyze | 2 DMG

@Dustin

Edited by Kirbs

Dustin rushes across the field, plunging his sword into the side of the boar. He hadn’t had to kill this many monsters in a long time. He looks around and again sees nothing through the blue cloud where the boar pup once stood. He wipes his golden blade and smiles. This is certainly tiring, but the quest is important. He looks at the boars around him and looks over at the girl he hoped would be fairing better than he was. I’ve never seen that fighting style before. He pulls out his cookie and starts to eat it again. Maybe I could get a better cookie somewhere. Ooh or Ice cream. Ice cream sounds better. He opens his menu and searches for the girl.

Spoiler

To: @Kirbs

Message: I’m getting Ice cream after this, want some? I’ll pay.

He smiles and sits down. He begins to eat his cookie and chucking rocks. He throws one as far as he can. Also he sets a rock on his lap and stands up. “This is gonna be awesome, I might actually get a friend for once.” He shakes his head and frowns. Not likely.

Spoiler

ID: 107956

BD: 9

Dustin gets a small crit

6 - 5 = 0 HP

Dustin: 240/240 HP | 23/24 EN | 5 DMG | 32 MIT | 1 PARA | 9 Thorns | 1 ACC | 2 EVA | BH 2

Boar Pup: 0/5 HP | 3 DMG

ID: 107958

LD: 6 + 3 = 9

fail

Edited by Dustin

Kirbs had just managed to land a single sword art on the Boar before it narrowly missed her. Whew, that’s not so hard. Too bad I can’t one shot it though. Benefits of being a low level I guess. She blew a dark brown strand of hair out of her face and sighed. Right, this ain’t too hard. I can do this. That didn’t take so long to land a single hit! 

A loud ding rang the air as she thought. Kirby recognized that sound of someone messaging her and frowned. I barely know anyone... how is anyone... oh. She saw who the message was from and lifted an eyebrow. Why not? Free food after all. She grinned boyishly to herself and typed up a quick reply. 

Spoiler

To: @Dustin

Sure, we can do whatever. I don’t have any plans after this anyways. That is if I ever kill this bloody animal.

He seems chill enough. She coughed into her shoulder and grinned at the Boar in front of her. “Alright, you pig! Let’s dance!” 

ID: 108009

BD: 4+2=6, Success

<<Round Accel>> - 2x2=4 DMG

5-4=1 HP Left

MD: 2-1=1, Fail

Boar Fails to hint Kirbs

Kirbs H: 1 | 100/100 | EN: 7/10 | 1 EVA | 2 ACC | 1 Paralyze | 2 DMG

Babh Boar #1 : HP: 1/5 | 3 DMG

Edited by Kirbs
Spoiler

ID: 108010

BD: 7 + 2 = 10

Dustin attacks boar pup

5 - 5 = 0 HP

Dustin: 240/240 HP | 23/24 EN | 5 DMG | 32 MIT | 1 ACC | 2 EVA | 1 PARA | 9 Thorns | BH: 2

ID: 108011

LD: 11 + 3 = 14

success (+1 Boar Tusk)

The boy pulls his sword up and plunges it into the forehead of the beast in front of him. “No way in hell am I going easy on you.” He says, pulling up His sword. This is fun, but now I can’t wait for the ice cream. He smiles like a child picking up the first tusk. He laughs pulling out another cookie and moving closer to the next boar. I’m not even really worried, I have the damage and energy to do this all day. His smile quickly disappeared as he started to sing the tune his father had taught him. The tune he learned in guitar to impress his dad. This is why I need to keep fighting, why I can’t die. This is my legacy. I’ll pass this down through the generations to honor my father. He clenches his fist and kicks a rock across the field in the direction of the girl without even realizing it.

@Kirbs

Edited by Dustin

Kirbs has just managed to finally kill the blasted boar before it disappeared into the air leaving tiny red crystal like shards in the air for a few seconds before they too disappeared. “Yeeees!” She lifted her hands in victory. It was only when she looked down did she realize that the Boar didn’t drop anything. She made a sound between a choke and a sigh before dropping on her knees. God dammit Kayaba. Darn you to bloody hell. You had to make this quest so damn hard! She sniffed. Stay positive Kirbs!  She tried to remember something positive and a little light bulb went off in her head. I am the ice cream man, running over fat kids with my van... she stifled a large fit of laughter and stood up. That is just what I needed, whoop. A song about obese kids getting run over by an ice cream truck! Doesn’t that sound lovely?

ID: 108037

BD: 8, Success

Basic Attack - 2 DMG

1-2=0 HP Left

Kirbs : H: 0 | 100/100 | EN: 7/10 | 1 EVA | 2 ACC | 1 Paralyze | 2 DMG

Babh Boar #1 : HP: 0/5 | 3 DMG

ID: 108038D: 6, Fail

Total Boar Tusks: 0

@Dustin

Edited by Kirbs

Dustin draws his sword and slashes a baby boar in two. The boar bursts into a blue cloud and an item moves into his inventory. He begins to walk towards the other player as he was almost done. “This is way too easy.” He pulls out an onigiri and takes a bite. These are amazing. I should’ve ate these a while ago. He puts his necklace behind his shirt and smiles. People always ask me the significance of that, explaining it is a drag. He looks at the ground, pulling his hood up and taking on a depressed look. “I need to keep going, this quest is too boring to try a fourth time.” He walks towards another boar and smiles. It’ll be over soon, just stay still while I take your life. The more you struggle the more painful it will be. His eyes meet the boar’s.

ID:108224

BD: 7

hit

5 - 5 = 0 HP

Dustin: 240/240 HP | 23/24 EN | 5 DMG | 32 MIT | 1 ACC | 2 EVA | 1 PARA | 9 Thorns | BH: 2

ID: 108225

LD: 10 + 3 = 13

+1 T1 Material

2 total

@Kirbs

Edited by Dustin

Kirbs pulled on her hair in frustration, "are you bloody kidding me?!" she shrieked. She had failed again to hit the boar. "What's the point of getting accuracy enhancements if I can't bloody hitting anything?" She sighed and bit her lip. "Unbelievable. what's the point of getting this bloody dagger?!" She squinted at the dagger in her hand sharply before looking up at the baby boar a few meters in front of her. "Yeah, I bet you're tired of this too, huh? Me too, buddy. Me too." She sighed once more before stretching her hands.  Pigs can be such a pain sometimes. So is my bloody luck. Like, come on! I never had this much of bad luck back in the real world. Stubbing your foot is one thing, but this is just simply outrageous. "Alright, then! No more time for dilly-dallying, prepare to die!" She grinned as she pointed her dagger at the boar.

ID: 108250

LD: 1+2=3, Fail

Kirbs : H: 0 | 100/100 | EN: 6/10 | 1 EVA | 2 ACC | 1 Paralyze | 2 DMG

Baby Boar #1 : HP: 5/5 | 3 DMG

MD: 5-1=4, Fail

@Dustin

Edited by Kirbs
  • 3 weeks later...

The boy pulls his sword back as he slashes through the last boar. It bursts into a blue cloud and an item drops to the ground. Dustin walks over and picks it up moving it into his inventory. “That solves that. Now I have to wait for the novice over there.” He closes his inventory and begins to walk over towards the girl he had gone on this adventure with. “So how many tusks you got?” He asks. He had watched her launch a few attacks, but never saw her get a tusk or anything. She was too far away. This quest can be annoying about how many tusks you get, but I guess it’s life. I personally never hunt mobs for extra loot. I kill them for fun. He looks around for any monsters that might be more fun to fight and let’s out a sigh. “I never have fun on this floor anymore, but I guess that just means I’m getting stronger.” He slips his hands into his pockets on his blue sweatshirt. I want some cookies, but I ate my last one over there, I’ll have to deal with other snacks I brought. He pulls out a whole Crepe and takes a bite. “Hot damn. This is good.” He says, watching the girl fight, and eating his crepe.

ID: 108867

BD: 8

hit

5 - 5 = 0 HP

Dustin: 240/240 HP | 23/24 EN | 5 DMG | 32 MIT | 1 ACC | 2 EVA | 1 PARA | 9 Thorns | BH: 2

Boar Pup: 0/5 HP | 3 DMG

ID: 108868

LD: 17 + 3 = 20

+1 Tusk

3 total

@Kirbs

Edited by Dustin

Kirbs had finally managed to land an ability on the bloody boar and sighed in relief. "Oh, thank god I finally managed to get a decent hit on this stupid boar." She was too busy babbling about how she finally hit it to notice that the baby boar was charging after her. Before she knew it, she was knocked back by a small but sudden force. "Oof!" She staggered back and frowned at the boar. "Bloody hell, do you have no consideration for people who are thinking, huh?!" She sighed and gripped her dagger harder, "this is getting awfully boring. Let's wrap it up, shall we?" She yawned, putting a hand to cover up her gaping mouth. It feels like I've been here for hours, god dang it. So boring. What I would do for a bloody DS right now. She sighed, her fingers feeling more twitchy than normal.

ID: 108874

LD: 6+2=8, Success

Kirbs used <<Round Accel>> on Baby Boar

5 HP - 4 DMG = 1 HP

Kirbs : H: 0 | 100/100 | EN: 5/10 | 1 EVA | 2 ACC | 1 Paralyze | 2 DMG

Baby Boar #1 : HP: 1/5 | 3 DMG

MD: 7 - 1 = 6, Success

Baby Boar attacked Kirbs

100 HP - 3 DMG = 97 HP

@Dustin

Edited by Kirbs

Dustin stands up. “Hey Kirbs, you wanna try to not get hit.” He snickers a little. The boy reaches up and takes another bite from his crepe and smiles. “Kidding, but seriously, focus on the way the boar moves before it attacks. In every game, the enemy has a specific set of animations. It’s easy to forget that in a world as real as this one, but it’s an important fact to remember.” His voice dances along as it passes over to her. I’ve been playing videogames since I was young, but I barely played. I never began to recognize patterns until dad died and I played all the time. They aren’t always super easy to spot, but Kayaba made the first floor boring as hell. “I’ve got any kind of snack you want when you’re finished.” He smirks trying to get her to hurry up.

@Kirbs

Kirbs flet her face go red at his comment and narrowed her eyes at him. “Shut up, maybe if you’d stop your babbling, I’d finally be able to hit it!” She said crossly. “It’s not my fault this bloody system is rigged. Y’know, if we were playing Mario, this would be another hell of a story.” Finally gathering up the wits to attack it once more, she dashed off. Being just able to dig her dagger in its back, she let out a sigh of relief when it’s health far finally depleted to zero. “Oh, thank god. I feel like I would never have been able to kill that thing. Took bloody ages, I tell you. Ages!” She started ranting about how time was money. “I mean, what’s more valuable than time?” She pondered aloud, “you can never get it back, that’s why it’s so rare!” She stopped in her ramble and spotted a small tusk lingering on the field. “Oh, sweet! I finally got a bloody pig tusk,” she said the last part less enthusiastically.

ID: 108968

BD: 4 + 2, Success

Kirbs Attacked the Baby Boar

1 - 2 = 0 HP

Kirbs : H: 0 | 100/100 | EN: 5/10 | 1 EVA | 2 ACC | 1 Paralyze | 2 DMG

Baby Boar #1 : HP: 0/5 | 3 DMG

ID: 108969

LD: 18, Success

Total Boar Tusks: 1

@Dustin

Edited by Kirbs
  • 2 weeks later...

Dustin watches as the girl finally gets the piece for her quest. “You sure did.” He sighs, taking another bite of his crepe. “You know, I have something to help you hit that s.o.b. if you want to use it.” He remarks, pulling out a pocket watch and dangling it. This watch has helped me so many times. I’ll let her use it if she needs it, if not, I’ll just play with it. He draws his blade too. “Plus I’ve got this baby, she’ll take care of me when big brave Kirbs can’t.” He says, trying to keep everyone cheery. This world has broken so many people, I hope it doesn’t break her. He slips his hand in his pocket, taking yet another bite of his crepe. He watches the boars round the field, and looks back at the girl with the dagger. She has heart, I hope she keeps it up. This world is rough, just don’t let it break you miss redcoat. He tosses her a crepe.

@Kirbs

She shrugged. “Maybe after I kill this thing,” she huffed, landing a good sword art on the baby mob. I curse thee, damage, for thee does not deserve thi Kirbs. She turned to Dustin and squinted. Fighting the urge to flip him off, she merely rolled her eyes at him and resumed her stanced position. “She should be protecting you from Kirbs if that’s what you’re asking yourself,” she flashed Dustin a mischievous smile and turned back to the Boar. Please just let me finish this quest. Please, please, please, please. I just want to go home, eat a tub of ice cream— maybe more— and just lounge around! Is that so hard to ask of you universe? Just a small amount of relaxation? She tapped her foot impatiently against the grassy floor. And make Netflix a thing in SAO. Like, I get that we’re in a death game. But still, at least let me watch some of that good shows!

@Dustin

ID: 109598

BD: 4 + 2, Success

MD: 1, Fail

Kirbs used <<Round Accel>> on the Baby Boar

5 - 4 = 1

Kirbs : H: 1 | 100/100 | EN: 4/10 | 1 EVA | 2 ACC | 1 Paralyze | 2 DMG

Baby Boar #2 : HP: 1/5 | 3 DMG

Total Boar Tusks: 1

Edited by Kirbs

“I could kill a kirbs in one or two hits. If you want, I can prove it. If you want me to, I’ll duel you.” He sheathes his sword and pushes the boar pup towards the girl. “You have fun. I’ll sit here with my crepe.” He takes another bite. The wind sailed through the grass, cutting across the players’ faces and carrying their conversation between them. This crepe is delicious, I can’t believe Kayaba coded this flavor in. He got the texture, the firmness, the fluff. He takes a bite and the whipped cream, and strawberry syrup spills out a little. “Aww damn, I wanted the whole thing.” He frowns, looking at the slimy red spots on the ground. His eyes move up to kirbs, and he maintains his frown. “You want a snack? Cause I have a lot?” He smiles.

@Kirbs