[PP - F-16-17] (Kimi, Hestia,Neo) The Devil's Gambit <<Herculean Labor>>

Black would have explored sixteen during his free time. He was focused on getting stronger and more resilient. He knew that came with diligent training as he was well on his way to entering the ranks of tier 2. He knew that the he would be responsible for the safety of others as he donned the honor of being a tank. He had a strategy in plan and he messaged two friends to set the wheels in motion.

Spoiler

To: Hestia, Kimi :

Hey there Holy Dragons! Hope you all been well and have been having a ton of fun (and safe) adventures! I'm looking for a few good fighters and treasure hunters to come out with me to score some loot.

I have a plan to raise 25,000 Col to  upgrade my estate for the Master dining room buff which will let me get feasts to the parties more easily using less stuff! So I thought about doing this mission and a few others to get some cold hard Col! If you guys are in, there's some delicious food at the Ichiban in it for you! I'm almost Rank 7, so you know it's going to be top notch!

After he sent his message he'd wait near the port town and send off a beacon of where he was. He enjoyed the smell of the sea and watched the ships coming in and out of the port. He wore his blue and tan jacket over his platemail underneath. His wakizashi and curved sword rested in their respective scabbards of his rucksack as he drank from a flask and enjoyed the serenity of the waves.

@Kimi
@Hestia

Edited by Black

I hear the small sound of a notification going off as i glance towards the side and opens up the message to see who it is from and smiles ever so slightly when seeing that it is from the person i would call my apprentice to some extent considering i gave him my gear and helped him out with a few quests while giving out as many pointers as i could about helping his build along. Though to my surprise i see that kimi was added to the message also as i nod my head and quickly types back towards the tank player.

Spoiler

@Black

Me and Kim will be their Black, or at least i will since i can't really speak for Kim's availability if she has other plans. I'll be their as fast as i can though.

I type towards the man before making my way towards the front of the mansion to wait for Kim remembering her asking about Calypso, so not being that surprised if she asks how i know this player. 'Though i guess i am just as curious if she knows him or if it is just because we're in the same guild and thus knew we could possibly be willing to help out?' I wonder to myself as i just wait patiently wearing just simple vanity clothes for the meant time. My familiar Kuro at my side.

Kimi heard a ping from her messages come up as she was playing with Noodle, her shark doggo familiar, "Ohh its from Black?" Kimi said raising her brow. She went and put Noodle on the ground before going to read the rest of the message. "I see, hes trying to raise funds. Guess i best call Hestia over before we head on over." She said as she casually switched out her gear to go out. Not long after Noodle started booping his nose constantly at the front of her home. "Hm? What is it Noodle", Kimi naturally looked out the window to see a familiar figure standing just outside her door. "Well that saves a lot of time." She said with a warm smile as she went to open the door. "Hello~~~ Hestia." Kimi said in a joking princess like manner. Noodle was quick to run out the door to meet Kuro. "I was actually gonna contact you. There's this guy named Black that I met and we wants to go on a little treasure hunt." Kimi said in a playful manner. "I was just about to head on out and wanted wanted to know if you wanna come along?"

Black began to continue listening to a hip hop instrumental sound crystal as he danced his swords upon his hands to the best in a flurry of slashes in front of him. He would pause by stabbing the swords back into their scabbards with grace as he heard  a noise emitting and a notification alert from his messages. He slid an ebony digit across the panel and realized that is was from Hestia-senpai.

He leaned forward to squint and read the message. “Hm..one and a possible. Not bad. “ He stated, referencing a gambling term for when on was playing a game of spades.

A game of spades did actually sound good right now as Black messaged some old gambling buddies and brought them all together to play spades on top of a crate. “How many do you got, Tyrone?” Black asked as he smirked at the other sable skinned man.

“I got about two man...it's looking real rough out here, bruh.” Tyrone said as he scratched the back of his head nervously looking at his hand.

Black takes a drag from his cigarette and let's it hang from the corner of his mouth. “Only two huh? Alright, we'll bid seventy.” Black smirked as he eyed all the spades and hearts he held in his hands.

Treyvon, his opponent in this tag team game looked at Black like he was crazy.
Treyvon looked at his Ace and several royal cards in his hand then smirked. “You know what...I think you're bluffing, Black!  Tyrell, we're bidding eighty!” He exclaimed as he tried to up the ante.

Black pursed his lips. “Suit yourself...you keep that up and you might have to end up selling that wedding ring.” He chuckled.

Anger was displayed in Tyrell's face in the reflection of Black's “Lucky Devil” headband. “Just shut up and play.” He spat as he began the rotation by tossing out cards.

Black smirked as he dropped down a three of spades, destroying the king of diamonds that Tyrell had played. “And let the games begin!”

@Kimi
@Hestia

I hear the door open as i turn towards Kim and gives a smile towards her as i give a quick hug and a small kiss on the lips before backing away with a smile upon my face. Hello Kim how are you doing? I ask with a smile towards the red headed girl and nods my head at hearing that she has met the tank player as well. Yeah i got the message also Kim though since you met him this does make it a bit easier since you'll know what to expect from him, but the fact he is taking on swashbuckling buccaneer is rather surprisingly. That or the snake quest either or those both would be deadly for him if he isn't careful. I say with a slight bit of concern that is noticeable within the tone of my voice as i than grab Kimi's hand and starts to lead her towards the main settlement and more importantly for the duo the teleportation gate to take them towards floor sixteen. My familiar Kuro looks down towards the small Shark doggo and nudges his head ever so slightly and gently against the other animal as a small greeting. Lowering a wing towards Noodle to offer him to ride on his back if the shark doggo felt like doing so.

"I'm doing swell~" Kimi said retaining her princess tone of voice. "Well i'm not too sure what to expect of him, but that's ok with me." She continued casually. Kimi stepped down the porch and held on to Hestia hand as she led her to the teleportation gate. It wasn't long till they made it to the teleportation gate and made there way to the sixteenth floor. Kimi thought for a moment before speaking, "So anyways where is he supposed to meet us?" Kimi said as she placed a finger on her bottom lip while looking about. The place hasn't changed much last time she visited, but it still had the roar of the waves in the distance and the salty air. All of which were welcome to her as she never left her home much in real life and also there weren't any times she can remember when she visited the ocean.

Stats/Items:

Spoiler

| Kimi | Level 33 | HP 660/660 | E 66/66 | 14 DMG | EVA 3 | ACC 3 | LD 2 | MIT 0 |

--Pirate's Treasure (Unique Consumable): A lucky coin that will give the user +2 Prosperity, for the duration of a thread. One time use!
--(2) Red Velvet Cake (Unique Consumable, grants +1 LD, +1 Prosperity)
--(5) T1 health Potions (Heals 40 HP)
--Bottled Banshee Scream: A Potion that when used on Weapon adds Paralyze to it for the duration of the battle: If you rolled a 9 -10 Enemy is paralyzed on their next turn.

The game danced on as competitive glares dashed at each other with courageous hands theatrically slamming down cards with the flair of a live action Kakegurui episode as Tyrone played his King of Hearts. Tyrell looked nervously at Black as he tried to read the dubious gambler. "No way am I going to let you toss out another one of those spades and win this hand!" 

Tyrell looked to his hand that only held three of the spades. He knew he had to use them wisely. He mulled it over with sharp scrutiny focused on Black who looked off towards the seagulls on the shoreline, hiding his expression. 

'He's trying to avoid me...he must be hiding something..yes..he's afraid..I've got him on the ropes! His Col is mine!!!' Tyrell stands up triumphantly. "You fool! You think I'd fall for you overruling our King of Hearts and making us lose! I've heard about you and your luck! You've probably got a few high spade cards out there in your hand. So, how about this! I know you've got little Joker, so go on and throw it out!" He commands as he drops down his Deuce of Spades. The third highest card in the game. 

@Neopolitan

@Hestia @Kimi

Edited by Black

I nod my head rather happy to hear that she is doing good. Also what to expect from Black? Well lets consider your luck when it comes to finding chests and other nice loots and just apply that to everything and i swear that is his capacity in terms of RNG loving him. I say in a joking tone of voice with a subtle undertone of seriousness of a hyperbole mixed with fact. After we arrive onto the floor  I look towards kimi and chuckles ever so slightly having an idea where the tank player would be in question as i know one thing is for certain about that man. Kimi if their is somewhere we are going to find him it is going to be a place close to the quest area while also being somewhere he can test his luck. I say towards Kim just being honest knowing that the man is one of the luckiest people i have ever seen in terms of being able to proct weapon abilities in rapid succession. So i guess the only place to look in reality is a place like a bar or something since that is where people would be testing their luck. Which proves to be true with after a bit of searching with the help of questioning people if they seen a player matching the description i give we manage to find the tank player in question.

"Hmmm must be nice getting all that luck just to avoid mimics" Kimi said with a little disgust in her voice as she mentioned mimics. "Alrighty then lets get going! If hes gonna be at a bar or something, i bet hes near the piers. You gotta have scenery with bars and stuff." Kimi said delighted as she enjoyed the pleasant breeze that ran throughout the town. Kimi held onto Hestia hand as she led them off to where she thought they might be, "Hmmm hes probably at one that has the best atmosphere." As the two of them were passing by a few spots she heard some commotion coming from one of the buildings. As she peeked in she saw a familiar man playing some cards, but she saw that they were in the middle of something so she just scooted near by to watch whats going on.

The greedy fox of a gambler sighs with a non-chalant gesture as he throws out a six of diamonds. Terror begins to ensue on Tyrell's heart as his eyes dilate towards the final player on the board.

‘He has to have the little joker...he has to..he has to...he has to…’ Black's partner in crime on the battlefield shrugged his shoulders with a smirk on his face. “I'm sorry. I'm all out of spades. But I suppose you could say...I found a diamond in the rough. “ He states as he flashes his three of diamonds card.

Tyrone slammed a first on the table and looked to Tyrell like he was an idiot. “You fool! You wasted a spade card and you cut me. Why would you play a card higher than mine when I already had the King!”

Black allowed the men to ramble on and on as he revealed that he held enough cards between him and his partner to win the match. As he and his partner scooped up the spoils, Tyrell slammed a hand around his wrist and stares into his eyes.

“Oh yeah? How about...triple or nothing?” The dark skinned man said with a flick of his tongue, as if prepared to dare the man to the most obscene challenge he could think of.

“I mean...if you really want to go bankrupt, be my guest.” Black said with a demonic lick of his lips at the idea of all that precious col as he leaves forward and stared the man in the eyes.
“I bet you can't beat the Herculean Labors on Floor 17! Few teams ever do! Some see it as a right of passage to prove your worth as a tier 2. I mean, you're almost there anyway...unless that Marine Corps courage ran out from a little video game.” The man taunts.

Black behind to tighten his “Lucky Devil” headband. “Ohhh, now this is going to be fun~” He started as he scooped up the coins into a bag, through the bag over his shoulder, and began making his way out.

Tyrell began to get aggressive and attempted to tackle Black out of rage, but the gambling trickster simply pushed a bucket in the way of the man's feet and caused him to flip in the water with a huge splash.

The ebony skinned warrior then looked to Hestia and Kimi. “Oh, looks like you made it. It's good to see you both.” He said before watching Tyrone try to help fish Tyrell out of the water. “I got a mission for us on floor seventeen. Herculean Labor. Let's get going before the drama queens show up again.” He suggested.

@Hestia

I nod my head in agreement as i walk along with Kimi as we search for a bar that would be at least somewhat close to such a thing and manages to find him and seemingly playing a game of cards. 'I don't know whether to be surprised and disappointed or just accept that the person that is kinda like my apprentice is a gambler because of the luck he has with paralyze. That or he had it to begin with...hard to say.' I think to myself with a shake of my head as i walk on over towards the tank like player and watches him come over towards myself and Kimi as i raise an eyebrow as i look at the man. You want to do. Herculean Labor? I say in a doubting and sort of questioning tone of voice as i look towards the man as my mind tries to understand what i just heard. The quest on floor seventeen that took myself as a tank and two tier two DPS...though i never did drop into the yellow. Came close but never did. I say a bit more so towards myself near the end remembering how those lions seemingly either could tear through mitigation or it was some kind of DoT they had. My mind not remembering the exact details of the quest just remembering the amount of Hp i had and how close i got to yellow or had reached yellow. I glance towards Kimi and than back towards Black weighing my options here as i eventually just sigh and nods my head towards the man. fine. We can do Herculean Labor if Kimi is okay with doing that also, but if you die i want you backing out of their got it. I say as i hand Black a Teleportation crystal along with Kimi as i look to the two players. Don't worry about me i have my own i basically bought TP crystals enough to fill a raid party if they didn't buy any.

<<Item traded to Black and Kimi.>> [Teleportation Crystal]

Neo had recently gone to floor 16 in hopes of possibly finding a quest. She had still yet to hear back from anyone else in her guild about getting something together for the four of them to do. If it were up to her, she would be trying to go dungeon hunting so that she could help the lower level people get some more SP. it would be a lcose call possibly, but she felt as though between her and the tank they could probably take it. FOr now, she was on her own. As she walked through the town with the teleporter, she noticed a group of players standing around chatting with each other. They seemed to be talking about one quest or another, but Neo was unsure what quest it was exactly. SHe stopped just past them and over by the quest board to see if there was any information she could get from it. There was usually something from the info brokers posted here, but it was still hard to tell at times what exactly they meant with their claims.

@Hestia@Kimi@Black

"Uhhh alright, i mean i'm up for whatever really." Kimi scratched the back of her neck as she thought they were going to go on another pirate-y adventure, but it didn't matter to much as the quest that Black suggested was one that she hasn't completed yet. Just as Black brought up the quest Hestia went on to give Kimi a teleportation crystal and explained to use it if things get dicey, "Ohh thanks! I actually dont carry one around, and i probably should. Im guessing that were all ready now?" Kimi said glancing between the two. "Anyways i'm pretty sure we can finish the quest without too much difficulty, But if you want another DPS we can always use another. The more the marrier." Kimi said trying to make light of quest.