[F1-PP] Bad Decision Making <<Secret Medicine of the Forest>>

Inside the town of Horunka, surrounded by the surrounding forest's trees slightly swaying in the wind and the sun overhead without a cloud to contest it, Kataware was sitting inside the small town of Horunka on the First Floor, keeping herself busy with a few diagrams and notes as she deliberated over her plans. It was something that she had increasingly obssessed over without taking breaks. She became so obssessed on her notes because she believed the progress on the frontlines was slowing down, as always, and she believed that she would be the only thing to be able to get there quicker in order to actually take charge.

Although she could technically do so now, the issue becomes if anyone would trust this lower-leveled player with decisions that could cause life or death. When she tried to become a temporary civil service worker, she was already treated differently during her application due to her young age, teaching her the almost universal human truth that even if you can prove that you have the qualifications, if you don't give off of the impression that you are experienced, no one will trust you. In fact, she was glad that she had reached out to the head of the HR committee before submitting her application, otherwise she probably wouldn't have been accepted.

Battle Stats and Inventory:

Spoiler

Level: 3 [ ] HP: 60 [ ] EN: 6 [ ] MIT: 35 [ ] Base DMG: 1 [ ] Thorns: 9 [ ] Heavy Momentum: 1

Equipment:

- T1 Rare Heavy Armor (Mitigation II [ ] +18 MIT )

- T1 Spiked Pauldrons (Mitigation I [ ] Heavy Momentum I [ ] Thorns I [ ] +9 MIT)

Spoiler

More elaborate, heavier, and definitely spikier shoulder guards than normal shoulder guards.

- Vanity Dagger

Battle-Ready Inventory:

- 3 Starter Healing Potions (Heals 50 HP)

Skills:

- Rank 1 Heavy Armor (5 SP [ ] +8 MIT when wearing Heavy Armor)

@Kirbs

Edited by Kataware
Edit in stats
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kirbs walked through the small town with abnormal strides, something she did often especially if she is bored. Why am I here again? I forgot. She sighed at her forgetness and just assumed that she was wondering around floor one before arriving at this small town. As she looked around, she realized that there were barely any actual players in the town. There were a few NPCs scattered here and there, but that was really it. Isn't there supposed to be some kind of quest here? I think so, she scratched her chin as she wondered. Bah, I forgot. Kirbs frowned at her forgetfulness again.  Aghhhh, so stupid! She pulled on her hair frustratedly and sighed. I'm bored again! Frick! She looked around frantically, trying to find something to satisfy her boredom. Why is there no bloody people in this bloody town?! What the bloody hell?! I swear this town is flippin' deserted. 

Spoiler

Stats:

LVL: 5

HP: 100

EN: 10

DMG: 2

ACC: 2

EVA: 1

MIT: 0

Paralyze: 1

Perfect: Green  Rare: Blue   Uncommon: Yellow  Vanity: Orange

Equipped:

> Shatterglass: 2 ACC, 1 Paralyze 

Starter's Light Armor: 1 EVA

Items:

> 5 Starter Healing Potions: Heals 50 HP

Skills:

> T1 Dagger Skill

@Kataware

Edited by Kirbs

Kataware sat back into the chair, getting slightly frustrated at the issues that present themselves with her plans. Although feasible, it would take a lot more time and her plans of reaching the frontlines would be further delayed due to her slow progression. As it stood, she might not even be able to reach their level by the time Floor 100 is cleared due to the constantly growing gap.

Kataware stood up from the chair and swept her papers into a small bag. As she put the bag into her inventory, she took stock of her surroundings. The one thing that really grabbed her interest was a girl that has been visibly pacing. The girl had brown-reddish hair and amber-like eyes, frantically looking around with a frown on her face. Always the logical civil service worker, Kataware approached the girl and extended her hand out. "My name is Kataware, is there something I can help you with?"

@Kirbs

Edited by Kataware
Mentioning Kirbs

Kirbs jumped at the sound of someone’s voice. She turned around to see a girl... or woman a couple inches shorter than her. She kind reminds me off that character from... bloody hell! Without a second though, she took the strangers hand in both of her hands and squinted at her for a good few seconds before talking again. “You! You a perfect! Okay, okay. Tell me, stranger, are there any bloody quests in this blasted town?! Because I absolutely forgot why I came here,” she sweat dropped as she said that. Her usual social awkwardness was thrown at the window because she needed the answers now. She actually shook her hand a couple of seconds later while a nervous laugh escaped from her. “Oh yeah, my name is Kirbs by the way. Uh, nice to meet you.” She has put on her best grin possible as she said that.

@Kataware

Kataware's civil servant training kicked in once again, remembering the intrapersonal procedure she was given when she first started working in the prefectural office. Giving her best smile, she continued. "I think I might know what you're talking about. To my knowledge, there's really only one quest in this settlement. If you'll follow me, it will only take a couple minutes."

Kataware walked towards the two-story house, entering through the door. The interior smelled of disease, and remembering the name of the quest, it made sense. The <<Secret Medicine of the Forest>>. As she made her way through the building, she heard the coughing and sneezing and followed the noise, eventually happening upon a mother and her sick child. The mother turned around to face Kataware and Kirbs and said, "Please save my child. There's something called the <<Nepent's Ovule>> that you can obtain by killing the <<Nepent Variant>>."

As always, on cue, Kataware received a quest notification.

<<Accept Secret Medicine of the Forest Quest?>>

Nearby Players: 1

Take solo? o [ ] Take with nearby players? o [ ] Take with nearby party? o

( Confirm? ) [ ] ( Decline? )

Kataware chose the nearby players option and turned towards Kirbs to explain her choice. "If you're planning to take the quest, I'll accompany you."
  • 3 weeks later...

Kirbs raised an eyebrow, "Really? Sweet, thanks!" she grinned that the player and followed after her. She tilted her head as they came upon the two-story building. "Well, this seems welcoming," she muttered as they entered the foul-smelling place. Feeling a chill up her spine, the player quickly trailed after Kataware. Her eyes widened as she saw the NPC's, a mother and a child. God dang, why do they both have to be so realistic?  She sighed and looked at Kataware with a small smile. "Of course, it'll be fun. I heard this is a pretty easy-ish quest anyways," she clapped her hands together and jumped up and down. She turned to the mother, "don't worry ma'am! We'll get you the medicine for your child, I bet my heart on it!" Kirbs smiled softly and gave a thumbs up at the mother and child. I'm gonna feel real guilty if we don't finish this quest, ugh.

@Kataware

Kataware and Kirbs were placed into the same party as they both accepted the quest and Kataware noticed Kirbs’ health bar pop at the top left corner of her vision, right below hers.

Kataware began to equip her armor and her dagger. The dagger was on her left-side ready for her to use it in a forward-handed grip. There was a bracer on each forearm and the Spiked Pauldrons (which she bought at a knock-off price from a merchant named Shield) enveloping the rest of her torso, and seeming a bit too big for the petite girl, ready to protect her at a moment’s notice.

Kataware exited the house and led Kirbs on the way to the forest where the Nepents were supposeduly located. She wasn’t too cautious about this quest as it was supposed to be one of the easier ones as the Nepents quickly become fodder past a certain level. However, this was to be her first time actually performing in combat, and she focused on her breathing to steady herself.

Kataware would lead Kirbs to an area of the forest where there were enough trees to possibly provide cover from the Nepents’ attacks while preventing it from hindering their own attacks. The sunny day began to have a bit of an overcast, causing the sky to be a mixture of blue and light grey. Kataware steeled her nerves before turning to face Kirbs. “If you start getting targeted, just remember to perform a « Switch » with me. I’m a tank so I’ll be able to take the hits.”

Kataware began to look around, seeking their first victim. However, she wasn’t able to find a single Nepent by themselves, only ones in groups of two or more. Motioning Kirbs to come with her, Kataware began to sneak up on the Nepent before jumping out of the brush to attack the mob. Sinking her knife into the nepent, it was mostly ineffective due to her lack of skill (in both senses) with the dagger. However, it did grab its attention.

ID: 108901 [ ] BD: 7

<< Kataware attacks Nepent 1 with 1 DMG. After reductions, Nepent 1 is reduced from 7 HP to 6 HP. >>

<< Nepent 1 is attacked by Kataware with a normal attack. Nepent 1 gains 1 Hate against Kataware. >>

Battle Stats:

Spoiler

Kataware: 60 HP [ ] 6 EN [ ] 35 MIT [ ] 1 DMG [ ] 9 Thorns [ ] 1 Heavy Momentum

@Kirbs: 100 HP [ ] 10 EN [ ] 2 DMG [ ] 2 ACC [ ] 1 Paralyze [ ] 1 Evasion

Nepent 1: 6 HP [ ] 3 DMG [ ] 1 Hate against Kataware [ ] 0 Hate against Kirbs

Nepent 2: 7 HP [ ] 3 DMG [ ] 0 Hate against Kataware [ ] 0 Hate against Kirbs

Edited by Kataware
Formatting, rolling

Kirbs gave a fake salute to the girl with a grin plastered on her face. "Yes, ma'am! I will not disappoint you, I hope," she brushed the comment aside and followed after her through the bush. "Ew, those things look super gross," she commented, making a disgusted face at the mobs. "Oh well," she huffed as she followed after the girl. They aren't supposed to be hard mobs, even though we're low leveled, we should be able to beat them.  After Katware had finished, Kirbs dashed forward and dug her dagger into the Nepent. leaping back, she grinned when she saw that she did a little bit more than half of its health. However, it's focus was now on her. It charged after her, missing her by a hair.  Oh thank god, the scared the shizzles out of me. Well... a hit from me should be able to kill it. Pretty sure that girl can't kill it in one swoop though.

ID: 108903

BD: 10

Kirbs Basic Attacks Nepent #1

2 + 2 = 4 DMG

6 - 4 = 2 HP

MD: 3 - 1 = 2, Fail

Kirbs evades the Nepent's Attack

Kataware : HP: 60/60 | EN: 6/6 | 35 MIT | 1 DMG | 9 Thorns |  1 Heavy Momentum

Kirbs: HP: 100/100 | EN : 10/10 | 2 DMG | 2 ACC | 1 Paralyze | 2 EVA

Nepent #1: HP: 2/7 | 3 DMG | Kataware: 1 Hate | Kirbs: 2 Hate

Nepent #2: HP: 7/7 | 3 DMG

@Kataware

Edited by Kirbs

Kataware saw Kirbs flash past her and as she tried to follow Kirb’s movement noticed that Kirbs was already back at her starting position and that the Nepent had lost even more of its health. Kataware looked at both of the Nepents weighing her options. As she was lost in thought, she felt a vine slam against her armor, causing her to stagger slightly. The other nepent had hit her and hit her hard, although it wasn't enough to make even a scratch. And yet, her own defenses from her Spiked Pauldrons did nothing either.

Kataware snapped herself back to the present, rather than focusing on the past. She looked at Kirbs, trying to figure out the best plan of attack with the two of them there. At this point, Kataware knew that it was just a matter of efficiency. How can we kill these Nepents quicker?

Kataware decided that it would be best to try to get second Nepent’s attention while Kirbs finishes up the first one. She charged towards the second Nepent, hoping to at least gain its attention, but ended up sailing past the creature. Kataware slowed herself down and turned around. She yelled to Kirbs, “Kill the one that we both hit.” Kataware readied herself to take advantage of the next opportunity.

ID: 108909; BD: 5

ID: 108970; MD: 10

« Nepent 2 attacks Kataware (Major Crit!) with 5 DMG. After reductions, Kataware is reduced from 60 HP to 59 HP. »

« Kataware misses an attack on Nepent 2. Kataware is reduced from 6 EN to 5 EN. »

Battle Stats:

Spoiler

Kataware: 59/60 HP [ ] 5/6 EN [ ] 35 MIT [ ] 1 DMG [ ] 9 Thorns [ ] 1 Heavy Momentum

@Kirbs: 100/100 HP [ ] 10/10 EN [ ] 2 DMG [ ] 2 ACC [ ] 1 Paralyze [ ] 1 Evasion

Nepent 1: 2/7 HP [ ] 3 DMG [ ] 1 Hate against Kataware [ ] 2 Hate against Kirbs

Nepent 2: 7/7 HP [ ] 3 DMG [ ] 0 Hate against Kataware [ ] 0 Hate against Kirbs

Edited by Kataware
Retconning Nepent 2 attack according to Neo

Kirbs winked at her camarade and nodded. “Of course, Kat!” She dashed after the lower healthed Nepent and stabbed her dagger right into its ugly head. She kept her dagger in the Nepent for a few more seconds, watching it’s HP deplete. She was finally satisfied and sighed in relief. Jumping back, she clapped her hands cheerfully as she watched it erupt into red shards. “Yush!” The player turned to Kataware. “One down, three to go. Not that hard, right?” 

Honestly, I feel tired already. I should take a nice and long nap after this. Maybe I could get some food while I’m at it. Sounds good. Are there any good places that have coffee? What type of coffee though. Hm, I always like it black but maybe getting something like a frappe could suit me too. I could try the iced tea around here too.I haven’t had iced tea in a while.

ID: 108910

BD: 7

Kirbs Basic Attacks Nepent #1

2 - 2 = 0 HP

Kataware : HP: 60/60 | EN: 5/6 | 35 MIT | 1 DMG | 9 Thorns |  1 Heavy Momentum

Kirbs: HP: 100/100 | EN : 10/10 | 2 DMG | 2 ACC | 1 Paralyze | 2 EVA

Nepent #1: HP: 0/7 | 3 DMG 

Nepent #2: HP: 7/7 | 3 DMG

@Kataware

Edited by Kirbs

Kataware saw Kirbs take down the first Nepent easily, doing most of the work by herself and being able to do it relatively safely. However, Kataware was quickly learning from her mistakes as she was able to turn in time to face the second Nepent attacking her. It was another hard slam, however, she was was ready and expecting it. It didn't change how much damage it dealt to her though, seeing as how her armor seemed to be strong enough to survive most attacks that she would find at this low level. Kataware turned towards the second Nepent and took a stab near the bottom where its vine-like legs sprouted from. It seemed more effective, or at least relative to her other attacks, as she saw its health bar drop slightly more than it need be. “I guess we’re not going to have much problems with these guys anyways.”

ID: 109008; MD: 9; BD: 9

« Nepent 2 attacks Kataware (Minor Crit!) with 4 DMG. After reductions, Kataware is reduced from 59 HP to 58 HP. »

« Kataware attack Nepent 2 (Minor Crit!) with 2 DMG. After reductions, Nepent 2 is reduced from 7 HP to 5 HP. Nepent 2 Hate for Kataware is increased from 0 Hate to 2 Hate. » (( EDIT: Woops, forgot about heavy momentum ))

Battle Stats:

Hide contents

Kataware: 58/60 HP [ ] 5/6 EN [ ] 35 MIT [ ] 1 DMG [ ] 9 Thorns [ ] 1 Heavy Momentum

@Kirbs: 100/100 HP [ ] 10/10 EN [ ] 2 DMG [ ] 2 ACC [ ] 1 Paralyze [ ] 1 Evasion

Nepent 1: 0/7 HP [ ] 3 DMG [ ] 1 Hate against Kataware [ ] 2 Hate against Kirbs

Nepent 2: 5/7 HP [ ] 3 DMG [ ] 2 Hate against Kataware [ ] 0 Hate against Kirbs

Edited by Kataware
Fixing stats

“Alright, sweet.” Kirbs grinned at her before speeding off. Just you and me, you slimy, plant, fly trap thing..! She quickly delivered two quick stabs that did a decent amount of damage to the mob. She kept back and sighed. “God dang it. It literally needs one more hit.” She patted Kataware’s shoulder and gave her a thumbs up. “Try to hit it, yeah?” 

Isn't there supposed to be a bigger one of these? I never really thought about the quest, ugh. I guess this is what happens when you wing it. Back at home, Google and Wikipedia were always there for me. Do they have something like that in SAO? Probably, I’m still gonna be hopeful though. You never know when you could use a Google search or two. I can imagine it now. ‘How to kill nepent’. Ah, wouldn’t that be wonderful? But then again, what would be the point of info brokers? 

ID: 109009

BD: 4 + 2 = 6, Success

Kirbs used <<Round Accel>> on Nepent

5 - 4 = 1 HP

Kirbs: HP: 100/100 | EN : 9/10 | 2 DMG | 2 ACC | 1 Paralyze | 2 EVA

Nepent #1: HP: 0/7 | 3 DMG 

Nepent #2: HP: 1/7 | 3 DMG | Kataware: 2 Hate | Kirbs: 1 Hate

@Kataware

Edited by Kirbs

Kataware was ready for the second Nepent to try to attack her, making sure she keeps up her guard. When the Nepent came towards her and tried to attack her, she was ready for it, able to make sure that the Nepent would not disengage unharmed. When she tried to return the attack, Kataware stumbled through the blue crystals that took the Nepent’s place. She quickly gained her footing again and looked back to Kirbs. “Huh, I guess this finally had some usage.” Kataware pointed at her body armor, especially the spikes on either sides of her shoulders.

Kataware checked her Kirbs and her energy and health bars, making sure they were kept high enough that they could be fully efficient. They were close enough to full, but Kataware had a bit of sneaking suspicion that the mobs would a bit of time before the Nepents would end up spawning again.

ID: 109010; MD: 7

« Nepent 2 attacks Kataware with 3 DMG. After reductions, Kataware is reduced from 58 HP to 57 HP. »

« Kataware’s Thorns activates. Deals 9 DMG to Nepent 2, ignoring MIT. Nepent 2 is reduced from 1 HP to 0 HP. »

Battle Stats:

Hide contents

Kataware: 57/60 HP [ ] 6/6 EN [ ] 35 MIT [ ] 1 DMG [ ] 9 Thorns [ ] 1 Heavy Momentum

Nepent 1: 0/7 HP [ ] 3 DMG [ ] 1 Hate against Kataware [ ] 2 Hate against Kirbs

Nepent 2: 0/7 HP [ ] 3 DMG [ ] 0 Hate against Kataware [ ] 2 Hate against Kirbs

Edited by Kataware
Post Completion

"Alright, we should be done with this in no time!" Kirbs grinned at Kataware as she watched two more Nepents spawn. "Just keep doing whatever you were doing!" She gave her partner one last thumbs up before diving back into battle. She dashed around the closest mob and slashed it with her dagger. Watching its health go down by more than half, she jumped back and smiled. "That's not too hard. We should be done really, really soon." She turned to the other player and motioned towards the nepent. "Deal a bit and I should be able to take down the first one real quick, okay?" I should get some decent amount of EXP from this. If not a few levels. Fighting with other people makes this so much easier, thank god! I should really start teaming up with other people more often, it adds a lot less work for me.

ID: 109123

BD: 6 + 2 = 8, Success

Kirbs used <<Round Accel>> on Nepent

7 - 4 = 3 HP

Kirbs: HP: 100/100 | EN : 8/10 | 2 DMG | 2 ACC | 1 Paralyze | 2 EVA

Nepent #3: HP: 3/7 | 3 DMG 

Nepent #4: HP: 7/7 | 3 DMG 

@Kataware

Edited by Kirbs

Already? Kataware rushed after Kirbs, delivering a weaker blow to the Nepent, but at least making a scratch with the mob’s HP bar. Sinking her knife into the dagger she felt the Nepent retaliate against her, slamming a vine against her side, knocking her to the side, only displacing her and doing another negligible (but at the same time non-negligible) damage to her HP. A follow-up attack happened by the other Nepent and Kataware saw the mob burst into blue crystals.

Kataware made a mental note later on to research the reasons why she couldn’t be at her full effectiveness. All I really need to do is need to get hit, so why haven’t they been taking damage? After all, these mobs should have been easy enough to deal with by herself. It’s just even easier when there’s someone else who can deal consistent damage. The blue crystals disappeared in thin air.

ID: 109124; BD: 8; MD: 10 (( for this roll, I accidentally put Nepent 4, but it is supposed to be Nepent 3's attack))

ID: 109125; MD: 6

« Kataware attacks Nepent 3 with 1 DMG. After reductions, Nepent 3 is reduced from 3 HP to 2 HP. »

« Nepent 3 attacks Kataware with 3 DMG. After reductions, Kataware is reduced from 57 HP to 56 HP. »

« Nepent 4 attacks Kataware with 3 DMG. After reductions, Kataware is reduced from 56 HP to 55 HP. »

« Kataware's Thorns activates. Deals 9 DMG to Nepent 4, ignoring MIT. Nepent 4 is reduced from 7 HP to 0 HP. »

Battle Stats:

Hide contents

Kataware: 55/60 HP [ ] 5/6 EN [ ] 35 MIT [ ] 1 DMG [ ] 9 Thorns [ ] 1 Heavy Momentum

@Kirbs: 100/100 HP [ ] 8/10 EN [ ] 2 DMG [ ] 2 ACC [ ] 1 Paralyze [ ] 1 Evasion

Nepent 3: 2/7 HP [ ] 3 DMG [ ] 1 Hate against Kataware [ ] 1 Hate against Kirbs

Nepent 4: 0/7 HP [ ] 3 DMG [ ] 0 Hate against Kataware [ ] 0 Hate against Kirbs

Edited by Kataware
Nepent 4 in fourth line to nepent 3

Kirbs squealed as she slipped on a slippery patch of grass, unable to be landing the killing blow on the Nepent. Gosh, darn it. She quickly jumped up and smiled sheepishly to Kat, "Sorry, my bad."  Okay, we got three down, and a single hit from me should do that Nepent. Then we'll have to face that Nepent Variant thing. She shuddered at the thought, thinking that one normal size Nepent is enough. "Just one more, okay? We can totally do this!" She pounded her palm against her fist and giggled. Honestly, I just never want to see a bloody Nepent again. Not here, not now, not ever. They look so slimy, and their teeth are abnormally large and gross. What's with the design too? I mean, seriously! They don't even have any frekin' eyes! It's going to give me bloody nightmares for days! It'll see its stupid face every time I close my eyes!

ID: 109130

BD: 3 + 2 = 5, Fail

Kataware : HP: 55/60 | EN: 5/6 | 35 MIT | 1 DMG | 9 Thorns |  1 Heavy Momentum

Kirbs: HP: 100/100 | EN : 7/10 | 2 DMG | 2 ACC | 1 Paralyze | 2 EVA

Nepent #3: HP: 2/7 | 3 DMG 

Nepent #4: HP: 0/7 | 3 DMG 

@Kataware

Edited by Kirbs

“No problem,” Kataware replied back as Kirbs seemed to have her own nervous breakdown, going from nervousness to mania and confidence. After this was one was killed, they should be able to encounter a Nepent Variant as the spawning conditions of that particular mob were well-documented. Something that people have left breadcrumbs for behind people who have been trying to catch up. However, whether they would be finished with this quest is a different matter. After all, there was a bit of a luck component.

Kataware charged towards the last Nepent, hoping to intercept any attacks that might be thrown. After all, that was her current specialty. Seeing as her main source of damage was getting hit by mobs (and now it was unsure if that was even the case, seeing as there was some exceptions to that rule). In the end, she sunk a dagger into the Nepent and when the Nepent’s retaliation landed against Kataware’s armor, the mob burst into blue crystals.

ID: 109215; BD: 7; MD: 8

« Kataware attacks Nepent 3 with 1 DMG. After reductions, Nepent 3 is reduced from 2 HP to 1 HP. »

« Nepent 3 attacks Kataware with 3 DMG. After reductions, Kataware is reduced from 55 HP to 54 HP. »

« Kataware's Thorns activates. Deals 9 DMG to Nepent 4, ignoring MIT. Nepent 3 is reduced from 1 HP to 0 HP. »

Battle Stats:

Hide contents

Kataware: 54/60 HP [ ] 5/6 EN [ ] 35 MIT [ ] 1 DMG [ ] 9 Thorns [ ] 1 Heavy Momentum

@Kirbs: 100/100 HP [ ] 7/10 EN [ ] 2 DMG [ ] 2 ACC [ ] 1 Paralyze [ ] 1 Evasion

Nepent 3: 0/7 HP [ ] 3 DMG [ ] 2 Hate against Kataware [ ] 1 Hate against Kirbs

Nepent 4: 0/7 HP [ ] 3 DMG [ ] 0 Hate against Kataware [ ] 0 Hate against Kirbs

Edited by Kataware
Post completion

“Well, that was faster than the first two,” Kirbs commented, raising an eyebrow. “Well, that big one should pop out of nowhere now...” Then poof, the Variant pops out of nowhere. Well that was strangely unsatisfying. “It doesn’t look any different. Actually, it looks even uglier. Ugh.” She turned to Kataware and shrugged. “Pretty sure I have enough energy left to kill this thing. So uh, don’t fail me, pal.” She patted her on the shoulder before dashing off. 

As she landed a Sword Art on the mob, she mumbled a curse as it revealed to barely do any damage. Returning back to Kat with a groaned, she quickly flipped off the Nepent Variant. “I trust in you to do damage, Kat. Cassie I barely do any damage to it. So... I trust in your armor!” She grinned, and ushered her partner into the battlefield. “Go on... don’t be shy now!”

ID: 109226

BD: 5 + 2 = 7, Success

2 x 2 = 4 DMG

5 MIT - 4 DMG = 1 DMG (nani)

<<Round Accel>> on Nepent Variant

Kataware : HP: 54/60 | EN: 5/6 | 35 MIT | 1 DMG | 9 Thorns |  1 Heavy Momentum

Kirbs: HP: 100/100 | EN : 6/10 | 2 DMG | 2 ACC | 1 Paralyze | 2 EVA

Nepent Variant: HP: 14/15 | 5 MIT | 10 DMG | Kirbs: 1 Hate | Kataware: 0

@Kataware

Edited by Kirbs

Kataware first noticed its more distinctive vine that it had. It appeared as if there was some type of cherry-like object hanging from it, and hopefully they would be able to obtain that item. However, the RNG this game has been a cruel mistress seeing as how more than 2,000 players have already died from miscellaneous causes. She wouldn’t be surprised if they had to go through this combat a few more times before they would actually be able to complete the quest.

Kataware saw Kirbs try to attack it, but its health bar barely decreased. Kirbs encouraged Kataware to take the the frontline and act as an actual tank, to which Kataware obliged. She approached the Nepent Variant with her dagger and slashed out, barely doing any damage much like Kirbs. However, when the Nepent Variant retaliated, she felt as if that would have done a more substantial damage if it had gotten just a bit luckier, or if she wasn’t wearing this much protection. “Let’s try to get it to hit me.”

ID: 102983; BD: 7; MD: 9

« Kataware attacks Variant Nepent with 1 DMG. After reductions, Nepent 3 is reduced from 14 HP to 13 HP. »

« Nepent 3 attacks Kataware (Minor Crit!) with 11 DMG. After reductions, Kataware is reduced from 54 HP to 53 HP. »

Battle Stats:

Hide contents

Kataware: 53/60 HP [ ] 5/6 EN [ ] 35 MIT [ ] 1 DMG [ ] 9 Thorns [ ] 1 Heavy Momentum

@Kirbs: 100/100 HP [ ] 6/10 EN [ ] 2 DMG [ ] 2 ACC [ ] 1 Paralyze [ ] 1 Evasion

Nepent Variant: 13/15 HP [ ] 5 MIT [ ] 10 DMG [ ] 1 Hate against Kataware [ ] 1 Hate against Kirbs

Edited by Kataware
Post Completion

(Felt realllly lazy)

Kirbs groaned, “it’s not even at half yet. I’ve burned more than half of my energy already, god dang it!” She cried as she returned to Kat. I should have brought that potion with me. Sheesh, I am really underestimating potions and foods. Dang it, this sucks balls. I want a donut. Are there even any donut shops on Aincrad? Can you even make a donut in Aincrad? Hm. I’ll have to ask Black about that and see if he can make me a good ol’ donut

”At least it’s stunned now, so you don’t have to worry about your health anymore,” she said to her companion. At least I did something right for once. There’s even a low chance of us actually getting the item we need. Ugh, why is SAO so brutal to me?! Here I am, just minding my own business like everybody else. And then SAO just comes out of nowhere! Thanks a lot Kayaba!

ID: 109284

BD: 6 + 2 = 8, Success

2 x 2 = 4 DMG

5 MIT - 4 DMG = 1 DMG (nani)

Also stunned it.

<<Stunside Bite>> on Nepent Variant

Kataware : HP: 53/60 | EN: 5/6 | 35 MIT | 1 DMG | 9 Thorns |  1 Heavy Momentum

Kirbs: HP: 100/100 | EN : 5/10 | 2 DMG | 2 ACC | 1 Paralyze | 2 EVA

Nepent Variant: HP: 12/15 | 5 MIT | 10 DMG | Kirbs: 2 Hate | Kataware: 1 [ STUNNED ]

@Kataware

Edited by Kirbs