[F1-PP] Bad Decision Making <<Secret Medicine of the Forest>>

Kataware slowly blinked towards the Nepent Variant who was standing still after Kirbs’ attack. It was obvious that the Nepent Variant had just been stunned, seeing as how it didn’t react to Kataware’s pathetic attack, stumbling and missing a still target. I thought that the plan was try to get the mob to hit me.

Kataware focused her thoughts on what she needed to do next. Her mind raced, looking for a solution to change the chance of death from nearly impossible to a chance for nothing. At this point, Kataware knew that the Nepent Variant would start wailing on Kirbs and her chances to prevent that from Kirbs being the Nepent Variant’s target started diminishing before her eyes. Although she thought that Kirbs could take it, luck could and would eventually run out for the both of them within the game, especially since Kirbs’ attacks have more or less the same effectiveness as her own.

Kataware needed to perform a « Switch » with the girl. “Kirbs, do a switch with me!” Her voice was cool, yet urgent. She found her way to get the two of them out of this situation. She was ready to take on the next attack if the game allowed her to. “Let’s do it!”

ID: 109300; BD: 5

Battle Stats:

Hide contents

Kataware: 53/60 HP [ ] 4/6 EN [ ] 35 MIT [ ] 1 DMG [ ] 9 Thorns [ ] 1 Heavy Momentum

@Kirbs: 100/100 HP [ ] 6/10 EN [ ] 2 DMG [ ] 2 ACC [ ] 1 Paralyze [ ] 1 Evasion

Nepent Variant [Stunned]: 12/15 HP [ ] 5 MIT [ ] 10 DMG [ ] 1 Hate against Kataware [ ] 2 Hate against Kirbs

Edited by Kataware
Fixing roll ID
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The player’s eye twitched as she the gauge above the Nepent remain the same. This is going to take forever. I swear to god! This game is so bloody complicated and stuff! She threw her hands up in frustration and she sighed. I should’ve invested in some damage items, ugh. I feel so stupid! She face palmed herself and groaned into her hand. I just want to finish this blasted quest! And I want food after this. I need food after this. I need food in my little virtual stomach!
She dashed off to the stupid mob. Kirbs rounded on the Nepent Variant and landed a good slash on the side of it. Alright. That’s one less health point down. Ugh, I can’t believe I don’t even do anything to it. What a bloody joke. She backed up and sighed as she glanced at her friend. “Yeah, lets switch or whatever.”

ID: 109363

BD: 4 + 2 = 6, Success

5 MIT - 2 = 1 DMG (nani)

Kataware : HP: 53/60 | EN: 4/6 | 35 MIT | 1 DMG | 9 Thorns |  1 Heavy Momentum

Kirbs: HP: 100/100 | EN : 5/10 | 2 DMG | 2 ACC | 1 Paralyze | 2 EVA

Nepent Variant: HP: 11/15 | 5 MIT | 10 DMG | Kirbs: 3 Hate | Kataware: 1

@Kataware

Edited by Kirbs

Kataware’s plan, however, didn’t go as she thought it would. As she attempted to attack the Nepent Variant, the dagger sunk into the mob without any effect whatsoever. Even worse, the Nepent Variant was still focused on Kirbs. She stood her ground, trying to keep a firm grip on the dagger, not letting it move forward to even attempt an attack on Kirbs. She looked back towards Kirbs, her expression becoming more stoic and flat as the situation grew more dire. She was trying to process everything, figure out how these odds were being put up against her.

“I just need to get it to hit me. My armor’ll be able to kill it like how it done so against the Nepents it worked against.” Kataware felt ineffectual, unable to fulfill the job that she had set out for herself. Usually, she would have enough of the skillset in order to pick up most jobs, but she didn’t understand that she needed to spec into the skill tree correctly. After all, this was her first video game that she’s pretty much played.

ID: 109378; BD: 4; MD: 1

« Kataware's Heavy Momentum activates! Her next attack will have 1 more base DMG. » (( I keep forgetting about this. It should've applied last post, but I just did it here))

Battle Stats:

Hide contents

Kataware: 53/60 HP [ ] 3/6 EN [ ] 35 MIT [ ] 1 DMG [ ] 9 Thorns [ ] 1 Heavy Momentum

Nepent Variant: 11/15 HP [ ] 5 MIT [ ] 10 DMG [ ] 1 Hate against Kataware [ ] 3 Hate against Kirbs

Edited by Kataware
ID Correction

Kirbs winked at Katware, "I can take a couple hits. It's fine. Even if it does target me, I bet we'll kill it before It'll kill me, okay?" She flashed her partner a grin before dashing off. She had managed to land a hit on the mob, only decreasing its health by a fraction though. Better than nothing, though.  She huffed and returned back to her partner with a sigh. "Yeah, the thorns in your armor should get a decent amount of its health down. Don't sweat it though." The girl yawned and whistled a short and low tune before blinking the concentration from her eyes. "We got this cat in the bag. that sweet EXP is a mere hour away I tell you!" She clapped her hands together and grinned.  I could actually gain a few levels or one from just this quest, so this is gonna be very helpful. 

ID: 109379

BD: 8, Success

5 MIT - 2 = 1 DMG (nani)

Kataware : HP: 53/60 | EN: 3/6 | 35 MIT | 1 DMG | 9 Thorns |  1 Heavy Momentum

Nepent Variant: HP: 10/15 | 5 MIT | 10 DMG | Kirbs: 4 Hate | Kataware: 1

@Kataware

Edited by Kirbs

Kataware didn't want this fight to drag on. She wanted this to be efficient as possible. So, she was thankful when she finally landed an attack on the Nepent Variant and even more so that they were able to complete the switch. Although it was not as effective as she hoped, it was another chip damage against the mob. As she tried to get away from the Nepent Variant, she felt the pressure of a vine slapping against her armor.

Kataware saw her health bar deplete as she was pushed across the ground, stopping in front of a tree. Oh. Katware picked herself up, noticing that if this was real life that she would be in massive pain. She brushed herself off nonchalantly, recognizing that letting any nerves ( as if there were any to begin with ) getting to her could be detrimental. Especially since that would cause more trouble to her and Kirbs than the Nepent Variant itself. "I'm fine, let's do this."

ID: 109380; BD: 9; MD: 10

« Kataware attacks Nepent Variant (Minor Crit!) for 3 DMG. After reductions, Nepent Variant is reduced from 10 HP to 9 HP. »

« Switch successful! Kataware swaps Hate with Kirbs against the Nepent Variant. »

« Nepent Variant attacks Kataware (Major Crit!) for 12 DMG (ignoring MIT). After reductions, Kataware is reduced from 53 HP to 41 HP. »

Battle Stats:

Hide contents

Kataware: 41/60 HP [ ] 4/6 EN [ ] 35 MIT [ ] 1 DMG [ ] 9 Thorns [ ] 1 Heavy Momentum

Nepent Variant: 9/15 HP [ ] 5 MIT [ ] 10 DMG [ ] 4 Hate against Kataware [ ] 2 Hate against Kirbs

Edited by Kataware
Fix to Word Count

Kirbs dashed after the nepent variant, her dagger flowing nicely beside her. God dang, this is going to be tough.  She swung her dagger at the Nepent and frowned. She had just barely grazed it, but its healthbar still failed to even lower a health point.  I'm tired at this point. Both mentally and physically. Ugh, life hurts. I'm wounded! How the hell am I supposed to get through this stupid thing without being pissed off?! She pulled on her hair and groaned. Screw this crap. I want to go home already! She honestly felt deflated and pooped out. When will this torture end? She kicked the grass and huffed crossly. Stupid universe... stupid Nepent Variant. I just want to pass out on my bed! I feel super, super, super pissed right now. Like, major pissed. super, duper, duper, pissed!  She looked to Kataware. "Yeah, let's do this," she replied blandly.

@Kataware

ID: 109381

BD: 2

2 + 2 = 4, Fail

Kataware : HP: 53/60 | EN: 4/6 | 35 MIT | 1 DMG | 9 Thorns |  1 Heavy Momentum

Nepent Variant: HP: 9/15 | 5 MIT | 10 DMG | Kirbs: 2 Hate | Kataware: 4

@Kataware

Edited by Kirbs

Kataware frowned a bit as she noticed her partner was getting frustrated at their lack of progress at killing the Nepent Variant. Kataware blamed herself, seeing as how most of the damage can be attributed to the Kirbs. It’s only natural she’d be frustrated given the circumstances. I haven’t been able to do much.

Kataware walked up to the Nepent Variant and sliced into it, once again, a shallow cut based off of the red, grid-like crystals that appeared on the mob’s body. Kataware tried to make herself as wide open as possible, sooner or later her « Thorns » would activate, as long as she kept getting hit. However, the Nepent Variant still messed her, despite her best attempts to make herself as big a target as possible. Kataware stared down the mob, realizing that the game wasn’t giving her a break at all. “Stay calm, focused. Frustration turns to anger and anger causes mistakes.”

ID: 109428; BD: 8; MD: 5

« Kataware attacks Nepent Variant for 1 DMG. After reductions, Nepent Variant is reduced from 9 HP to 8 HP. »

Battle Stats:

Hide contents

Kataware: 41/60 HP [ ] 4/6 EN [ ] 35 MIT [ ] 1 DMG [ ] 9 Thorns [ ] 1 Heavy Momentum

@Kirbs: 100/100 HP [ ] 5/10 EN [ ] 2 DMG [ ] 2 ACC [ ] 1 Paralyze [ ] 1 Evasion

Nepent Variant: 8/15 HP [ ] 5 MIT [ ] 10 DMG [ ] 5 Hate against Kataware [ ] 2 Hate against Kirbs

Edited by Kataware
Post Completion

Kirbs nodded her head sheepishly at her partner. “Right, my bad. Sorry.” She chuckled and returned her gaze back to the Nepent Variant. At least it’s less than half... around there, anyway. Kirbs slowly made her way to the Variant and did a small cut on it, again, only decreasing its health by only a small fraction. I am definitly never going to this forest again if I have to deal with these things every time I do. “The universe is being pretty crappy today,” she muttered. Casting a side glance at Kataware, she blew hot air out of her mouth. It’d be good if this mob would actually hit her. I’d actually never thought I would say that. Huh, what would you know. I think I’ll shuck a rock at every plant I’ll see after this. I’ll be emotionally scarred! I’ll never look at a plant in the same way ever again!

ID: 109441

BD: 5 + 2 = 6, Success

2 x 2 = 4

5 - 4 = 1 DMG (nani)

Kataware : HP: 41/60 | EN: 4/6 | 35 MIT | 1 DMG | 9 Thorns |  1 Heavy Momentum

Kirbs: HP: 100/100 | EN : 4/10 | 2 DMG | 2 ACC | 1 Paralyze | 2 EVA

Nepent Variant: HP: 7/15 | 5 MIT | 10 DMG | Kirbs: 3 Hate | Kataware: 5

@Kataware

Edited by Kirbs

Kataware went towards the Nepent Variant once more trying to slash her dagger at its plant-like flesh. However, her dagger and her arm sailed past Nepent Variant, missing the mob completely. On the other hand, though, Kataware braced herself for the incoming attack.

Once more, it hit hard and Kataware watched her health bar turn yellow as her health points dropped below the 50% mark. In her mind, this was unfavorable. After all, she was unable to determine if this an unlucky string of the so-called RNG, or was it caused by her mistakes? If it was the latter, she would be able to improve herself, but the former simply meant that she had run out of luck.

After getting hit, Kataware dug her feet into the ground. She stopped herself and stood upright, preparing herself for the next attack. “I’ll be fine. Sooner or later, that thing’s gotta run out of its luck too.”

ID: 109447; BD: 3; MD: 10

« Kataware's Heavy Momentum Activates! Kataware's next attack will have 1 more base DMG for a total of 2 base DMG. »

« Nepent Variant attacks Kataware (Major Crit!) for 12 DMG, ignoring MIT. After reductions, Kataware is reduced from 41 HP to 29 HP. »

Battle Stats:

Hide contents

Kataware: 29/60 HP [ ] 3/6 EN [ ] 35 MIT [ ] 1 DMG [ ] 9 Thorns [ ] 1 Heavy Momentum

@Kirbs: 100/100 HP [ ] 4/10 EN [ ] 2 DMG [ ] 2 ACC [ ] 1 Paralyze [ ] 1 Evasion

Nepent Variant: 7/15 HP [ ] 5 MIT [ ] 10 DMG [ ] 5 Hate against Kataware [ ] 3 Hate against Kirbs

Edited by Kataware
Post Completion

“Jesus Christ, are you sure you don’t need to use that healing potion? You’re getting low... really fast,” She fretted, glancing up at Kataware’s health bar. “We could always bail too. I mean, it’s not like I’m in a rush to get this done, y’know? I could always come back here once I gain a few levels and stuff. So if you ever want to dip, just shout, okay?” She grinned and went back to focusing on the Nepent. She cautiously made her way to the writhing mob and delivered a small blow. “We should be able to get this done soon, hopefully at least.”

I guess it’s only been an hour or two since we started this quest. That’s not too bad, right? Isn’t this quest supposed to be easy though? Ugh, my head is hurting just from thinking about it! Why must the universe bestow negative judgement upon me?

Spoiler

ID: 109441

BD: 9, Success

2 + 1 = 3 x 2 = 6

6 - 5 = 1 DMG

Kataware : HP: 41/60 | EN: 4/6 | 35 MIT | 1 DMG | 9 Thorns |  1 Heavy Momentum

Kirbs: HP: 100/100 | EN : 3/10 | 2 DMG | 2 ACC | 1 Paralyze | 2 EVA

Nepent Variant: HP: 6/15 | 5 MIT | 10 DMG | Kirbs: 5 Hate | Kataware: 6

@Kataware

Edited by Kirbs

“It’s okay,” Kataware wanted to reassure Kirbs. She could get a bit closer to death without having to worry about her life. After all, she could take on at least one more really bad hit before she was in danger of actually dying. She wasn’t afraid of dying, she knew how to take her risks.

Kataware decided to feint an attack against the Nepent Variant before putting her guard up. She wanted to make sure the Nepent Variant would get punished for his next attack. Kataware held her gauntlets up to protect her after dropping the knife halfway through her slash. She felt the contact of the Nepent Variant’s vines against her armor, and soon heard the sound of the mob bursting into crystals. However, there was no notification that she had received a drop. She looked towards Kirbs and gave her the bad news. “We didn’t get the drop.”

ID: 109455; BD: 1; MD: 8

ID: 109456; LD: 4

« Nepent Variant attacks Kataware for 10 DMG. After reductions, Kataware is reduced from 29 HP to 28 HP. »

« Kataware's Thorns activates. Deals 9 DMG to Nepent Variant, ignoring MIT. Nepent Variant is reduced from 6 HP to 0 HP. »

Battle Stats:

Hide contents

Kataware: 28/60 HP [ ] 2/6 EN [ ] 35 MIT [ ] 1 DMG [ ] 9 Thorns [ ] 1 Heavy Momentum

@Kirbs: 100/100 HP [ ] 4/10 EN [ ] 2 DMG [ ] 2 ACC [ ] 1 Paralyze [ ] 1 Evasion

Nepent Variant: 0/15 HP [ ] 5 MIT [ ] 10 DMG [ ] 5 Hate against Kataware [ ] 5 Hate against Kirbs

Edited by Kataware
Post Completion

All the virtual blood in Kirbs froze. “What?” She slumped down into her knees and groaned. “So. I’m not doing this quest again. Maybe somewhere in the future, I don’t know. But I’m like, super pooped out.” She sighed and turned to Kataware. “Is that okay with you?” Kirbs asked. I feel absolutely pooped right now. I can’t go on any longer! “I’ll just message you when I’m ready to get back to this quest. I’ll be super tough by then!” Kirbs giggled and pounded her chest proudly. “We’ll be finishing this quest for sure though, I swear my life on it! And I don’t take my life lightly!” She piped up, a small grin spreading across her face. I could go for an iced tea right about now too. I’ll see if I can get some when I get back to town. Do I even have enough cash for it? Yeah, I think so.

@Kataware

Kataware nodded to Kirbs. They didn’t seem like they were going to be doing any combat anytime soon, which means she was mostly out of danger. “That’s fine with me. Things were getting a bit hairy there anyways.” Kataware sheathed her dagger and began to open up the menu. At the very least, she wanted to friend Kirbs so they’ll be able to try this quest out later again. There was a little voice in Kataware’s head though, doubting her own ability. If you can’t even do this one quest, how do you think you can make it to the frontlines?

Kataware sent a friend request to Kirbs. “I’ll get stronger as well. So we can do this quest together in the future.” Kataware returned Kirbs’ smile and asked her a question out of the blue. “Would you like to go back to town together? Maybe grab something to drink or eat?”

@Kirbs

“Hairy would be an understatement. I’d say that our luck was way down the drain before we even got there,” she giggled. As she accepted the friend request, she looked up at her newfound friend and grinned. “Alright, that sounds good. I was starving anyways. Do you know any good places around here? Honestly, I forget practically everything I know about this floor. It’s pretty sad actually.” Food is great. Food with a friend is even better. I killed two bloody birds with one stone! I don’t know where that saying even came from. Like, was some guy just throwing rocks at birds and then he accidentally hit two with one? Like, what the bloody hell? He’d just go out to all of his friends the next day. ‘Oh, I just killed two birds with a rock! We should totally turn this situation into a saying. I bet everyone in the world will be using this bloody saying one day!’

@Kataware

Kataware opened her notebook and flipped through the pages as she tried to find some place nearby which would possibly server some decent food. The food from Horunka is probably not that great but... “Tolbana.” Kataware snapped her notebook shut and started walking in the direction of the settlement. She offered no explanation as to what she might, believing that Kirbs would catch her drift.

Walking along, Kataware never unequipped her armor, making sure that a surprise ambush my a mob would be less risky. Her life was nearly taken over a single quest which got the cogs in her brain working, She was trying to figure out where she messed up, a nearly fatal mistake. Kataware took a look at the properties of her armor and dissected them. However, her efforts were to no avail. Kataware seemed to explain it entirely based off of luck and, as Kirbs said, they had none to begin with.

@Kirbs

Kirbs raised a quizzical brow as she watched Kataware open a notebook. "Well didn't you come prepared?" She mused, looking away from the girl and towards the sky. She shrugged and took a side glance at the player beside her. "Alright, whatever suits you, just make sure there's good food there," she winked, following after the player. "So. How's life been so far? I mean, before today and everything. Has life been smooth for you in Aincrad?" She asked, hoping to spark up some sort of conversation with the girl.  I really need something to cheer me up from this very, very unlucky day. I mean, we must've been fighting for hours! we didn't even get the bloody quest done. So stupid! She shook her head to herself and sighed. I really need to get a hobby in here sometime. I have nothing to do anymore! It's just so boring nowadays.

@Kataware

Edited by Kirbs

Kataware turned around and walked backwards like a sort of tour guide for Kirbs, occasionally checking behind her to make sure she wouldn’t end up crashing into an object. Although Katware wasn’t going to talk about the surroundings or the history of Aincrad, it was more about herself.

“I just recently started getting into combat, gathering as much information that I could gather, no matter where the sources came. Confirming them is a bit more difficult, but I’m used to it.” Kataware looked back at her times of job hunting which no one prepared her for. Especially as someone who wanted to become a civil service worker, this made it more difficult for her to find ways to get into a job that most people would never want in the first place.

“How about you?” Kataware eyed Kirbs up and down, from her demeanor she couldn’t be more than a young teenager. Often irritable and very hyper. Not that I mind working with her. She seems enthusiastic.

@Kirbs

"Oh?" The girl tilted her head with a curious expression. "Are you looking to be an info broker of some sorts?" She asked, "It is an entertaining job, I suppose. I'm far too impatient to do stuff like that though. It must be pretty cool though. Imagine all of that information!" She giggled nervously. "I guess it could be a pretty danger-ish job as well. But hey, you live your own life," she shrugged with a foolish grin. "Do you have a profession yet? It'll be a good way to make money, especially when they don't give you much in those bloody quests," she muttered irritatedly.

"Oh, I haven't really been doing much for a while. just been trying to get my levels up, y'know? I want to get stronger and try to fight on the frontlines! Wouldn't that be cool? Anyway, that's my goal. I just want to help in any way I can, really."

@Kataware

Edited by Kirbs

“Sort of, if you can call someone who gathers information and is willing to give it out, then I guess you can sort of call me an info broker,” Kataware replied back to Kirbs. “Although my primary profession is being a Merchant although my shop’s not set up yet.” Kataware flips back to her notebook, checking the amount of days until completion and found a big checkmark with a single dot underneath. Low priority.

“To be honest, I want to join the frontlines too, get them off of their butts and start getting them moving to clear out Aincrad. At this point, we’re all going to have been in here for a decade or longer.” Kataware walked in silence checking her notes, seeing if her plans were feasible. After all, she was barely effective in the first place today.

When they reached Tolbana, the entirety the town was bustling with merchants and good food to eat. Kataware was partial to eating some ramen from a cart and motioned Kirbs to eat it. Kataware paid the shopkeep the required ramen and began to slurp the noodles. The warmth wasn’t quite as warm and the flavor was dulled but hey, she’d take it after that whole debacle. Wiping her mouth with her forearm, she motioned Kirbs to come over. “It’s pretty good, you should try some.”

@Kirbs

“Oh, hit me up with that sweet information when you get it,” she winked, a playful grin edging across her face. “Also, message me when you get your shop open, too!” She clapped her hands together with a giggle. 

“Yeah, but it’s good to just enjoy it sometimes? Think about it as a long arse vacation. We might not all want it, but we should enjoy it, y’know?” She said, continuing to walk down the forest path. “I bet everyone would miss Aincrad when we get out. When you’ve been in somewhere for two years, you can’t help but miss it when it’s all gone.”

Kirbs gasped as she saw the ramen cart. Oh my god. Yes! She rushed over to Kat and inhaled sharply. “Holy bloody hell, I think I’m in bloody heaven!” She sighed, turning to Kataware. “Is it good? I swear I haven’t had ramen in forever!”

@Kataware

Edited by Kirbs