[PP-F-07] (Black / Hestia) Rite of Passage <<Case of Wyrms>>

Black would be sitting at a bar nursing his drunken stupor as he drank the ta vern's ale. Getting drunk really didn't matter to him as much as enjoying the ambiance of incessant chatter and easy prey for his gambling vices. The city of Nimbus was ripe with competition for card and dice games galore.  His “Lucky Devil” bandana across his forehead shimmered in the laternlight as he smirked at the gambler across from him that was playing cho-han with him. "Alright, evens or odds" A husky voice replied as the other person laid down their col. "Quit stalling, hurry up and pick!" The rugged adventurer dressed in a hooded robe replied. Black frowned and bobbed his head a few times, appearing slightly pleased. "Well, odds are that the dice show up as evens." He calls out as the man lifts the cup.

"Snake eyes..that's even.." He demurred like some western cowboy who had just won a standoff. He tipped his head to the gentleman and began to rake in his Col.

"Well, damn, when I said I'd buy you drinks..I didn't mean enough o buy out the whole bar, Black, give me a break." The other player whined.

"Hey man, you know better than to test my luck. I told you already man, it's a gift." Black chuckled, as his eyes darted to notice a familiar face in the crowd.

"Well, how about a r ematch?" The burly man queried, throwing more Col at the table.

"Nah, I got bigger fish to fry..looking for bigger coin." The black swordsman replied as he stood up and walked over to another brown. "You running aroun d lo oking for fool to buy those shitty song crystals, homie?" The hip-hop-esque player gae off urban vibes in his accent. One could tell he enjoyed that flavored ambiance. "I've been training up since we last met.." He sa id with a smile, before looking over to ebony skinned woman with fiery red hair. "Word on the street is there's a quest around this floor that drops this sick poison that lasts for ten turns. I'm talking enough to get some really good items for boss fights and raids..maybe even some money for a nice player house." Black bobs his head like his was up to some grand scheme, wondering if they'd take interest.

“Whoa, whoa whoa man. You're talkin g about Case of the Wyrms? You do realize the beast's venom can carve right through that armor of yours, right? That's crazy dude. You might think it's a good deal, but Nah fam. I'm out.” The black skinned player replied to Black. The woman rubbed her arm nervously. “Yeah, I'm sorry Black. I got to bail on that one too...too dangerous.”

Black winced in disappointment. “Wha...wait...hey co me o n…” But his words would fall on deaf ears as the duo left.

@Hestia

Edited by Black
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I chill within my shop upon floor four just strumming gently the notes upon the guitar within my hands as i hum softly and happily as i have my eyes closed just enjoying myself. Not bothering to try and attempt to craft, not questing, just relaxing for once as i lay upon one of the two couches i have within my shop my familiar having taken the other one.  It started off so simply, a world that was made to be. Perfect by design. Infinite skies, and~, a endless road that, goes on for-ever. I sing softly to myself as i just relax and smile to myself enjoying the words that flow smoothly from my lips and the music accompanying it at least seemingly on point enough for me to be at least satisfied with it to the minimum extent. Lives intertwine, bringing us all to-geth-er. The Light closes in all- sides. Roads that were once paved. I continue softly as i can only imagine myself back on that day and the news and effects on people that has had. The monument of life and the players whose name are forever seemingly emblazoned proudly upon that just gone. Become painted read, The souls who are now lost, had received their boiling point. The light grows ever dimmer. I finish off with a bittersweet smile upon my face with some tears gently rolling down along my face unable to help myself but feel saddened and sullen for the lyrics i sing. For the lives lost.

Black grumbles as he realizes that his friends abandoned him on this journey. He shakes his head in disappointment. ”What a drag…” He complains as he shoves his hands in his pockets and walks over to the bat to buy another drink. “Here's payment for the tab today.” Black hands out a bag of col. Only a mere portion of his earnings from gambling today. “Maybe it's time to really test my luck, he states as he slides his hand over to his translucent menu.

“Let's see...480 HP...52 MIT...I have the rest of my items and gear should things get a little crazy.” He then blinks towards his damage stats. “Can't hit anything worth a damn, though...at least not yet.” He hums lightly. He then monitors his Battle Ready Items. “A few potions and food buffs...everything looks in order.”

He then begins to scroll through his friends list. His hand hovers above Hestia's name as he begins to PM her.

“Time for my first right of passage, Sensei. I'll be meeting you near the Case of the Wyrms Quest. I'll be taking down the beast head on. I want you there as a contingency.”

@Hestia

I open glance towards a pop up that appears upon my hud signaling a message that is accompanied by the familiar dinging sound that is commonly associated with someone getting a message. i open up the message with some curiosity to see who it is from and smiles when seeing it is from Black since that means he is still doing well and living life which is important, but that is quickly replaced by confusion of seeing something about a rite of passage. 'What is he talking about? And what does Case of Wurms have to do with anything that is just another quest with some poison DoTs nothing about some kind of special rite.' I think to myself as i sigh softly and gets up off of the couch putting the guitar back into my inventory as i walk on over towards Kuro as i gently pet his head as i look down at him. Come on buddy. Time to wake up sleepyhead. I say in a soft and gentle voice towards the lion who lets out a low growl of annoyance as i continue to pet him scratching him gently under the chin as he slowly opens his eyes and looks at me. Myself able to sense the annoyance that he is feeling as i chuckle softly and kisses the lion familiar gently on the forehead. Come on Kuro it is time to get going Black needs us to help him out possibly. I say towards him as i than get up onto my feet and uses a teleport crystal to instantly pop up to the seventh floor's main settlement along with my familiar right in front of the teleport gate.

Black would be walking in the direction of the quest. The loud pinging of a hammer against got steel would come from the merchant's quarters. A seamstress would be spinning silk on a wheel. The chatter of players discussing dungeon locations and quests would fill the streets with an ambiance of ambitious culture. Everyone had their mind set on some goal. Black was determined to fulfill his.

Once he made it to the woods, he'd whistle for his familiar and the black and red wolf would come skulking out if the shadows. It was holding a limp rabbit in it's mouth before it crushed it in it's teeth before Black.

“Nice catch, buddy. Glad to see I could leave the hunt up to you. You're good at taking care of yourself.”

Black begins to wait outside of the wyrms lair where the atmosphere is still clear. He looks out at the sandstorm and begins to select his gear to tailor it to the conditions.

"And now we wait.."

I make my way towards the questing location not wearing any armor not seeing a need to have such a thing equipped like i had for the event boss and for Herculean Labor only seeing such a need if their is a risk to my life, or if their is a need to do so for the protection of the people who have put their faith within my capacity to take care of them. I make my way through the floor without much difficulty my familiar and myself just walking past any mobs since most wouldn't be able to hurt me anyhow. Eventually i arrive at the entrance to the questing area as i glance towards the tank player that is basically my apprentice as i give him a raised eyebrow of confusion. So what is this rite of passage thing you talked about. This quest isn't that hard so you couldn't have been talking about this as some kind of special event within the game. What's up? I ask in confusion not really knowing what would even count as some type of thing that would full under such an umbrella.

Black began to lay down his rucksack and eat a delicious vanity dish comprised of coconut shrimp, mashed potatoes, French fries, and vegetables. He dipped his shrimp in the sauce and shoved it in his mouth to pass the time. He wondered if Hestia would come. He didn’t receive a response, so he felt that he'd just give it at least thirty minutes before he'd message her again as Kiba scavenges for materials.

He watches as Hestia just walks up in no special armor and the mobs that she pulled from the forest seemed to just run back to their spawn after she went too far. She spoke of a rite of passage and suggested that the quest he had chosen wasn't so hard.

“Well, maybe not for you. I thought this one was appropriate for like a right of passage into the Tier 2 realm.” He demures as he pulls out a quest log.

“This was something for me to solo...but...maybe...would the floor 10 boss be more appropriate? “ He begins to think it over. “Hmm...maybe I'll just work my way up to the floor 10 boss then. However since I'm here...this wyrm is going down first. He has an ability to eat away past my mitigation. There are environmental effects as well. “

@Hestia

Once hearing what this rite of passage thing was about i nod my head and pulls up my inventory once more and selects some items from my inventory and selects them for trade to give to you once more with a slightly embarrassed look on my face. Just..just ignore the name of the blade i was going for like a angel of protect/attack kind of thing with the name of the blade. We can change the name by doing a floor nine quest i could even solo it if need be since i am sure you wouldn't care that much for the name. I say sounding completely embarrassed as i send over the list of items towards you.

Items being traded:

Spoiler

Name: Gorgon's Stare
Your Profession: Blacksmith
Your Rank: 9
ID:
Roll:
Item Type: Shield
Tier: 2
Quality: Perfect
Enhancements: 2xparalyze  1x recovery
Description: A shield modeled after the Aegis shield of Athena when she had added the head of Medusa onto it.
Post Link:

Name: Twilight's greeting
ID:
Roll:
Item Type: Heavy Armor
Enhancements: 2x thorns, 1x regen
Description:  Armor made to represent the delicate harmony and cycle of the world. With the golden chariot coming out of the sun on the left side of the armor as it moves towards the middle of the armor. The right side having the moon with a archer near the moon.
Post Link:

Name: Craving Carnage
ID:
Roll:
Item Type: Weapon - Curved sword
Enhancements: 2x Bleed, 1x accuracy
Description:  https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/366739748137467904/383853619470008320/Sword_1.jpg (for the handle that goes into the blade)

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/366739748137467904/383853636519854110/Sword_2.jpg(for the blade part)

But yeah Case of Wurms well if this is your test type of thing than go for it Black. I'll be watching you the entire team and will use first aid if you need the heals if you start looking worse for wear just give me a shout is all you'd have to do to get me involved. I say towards my apprentice while rubbing the back of my neck as i glance towards the weapon's name and sighs softly. 'Why did i listen to him and name the blade what it is i could've thought of something a lot better if i just stuck with the greek theme.'

Black maintains his resolve and focus upon the quest as Hestia delivers him armor and weaponry that would serve him well in the realm of the second tier of players. He looked at the style of the armor and weapons appreciatively. “Wow...this is amazing. You really had the smith go all out on the style. This is great!” He exclaims as he runs his has over the armor and weapon. He looks at the level requirement to use it. “So close...I'm almost there.”

He then hears her sound embarrassed at the naming of her sword. “He looks at the name then smirks to Hestia. “ Craving...carnage...Is my teacher some type of Sith Lord? I always knew you wanted me to join the dark side. “ He bursts into laughter as he just stares at her like she was up to no good.

“As for this quest..yes, I think it'll expose me to conditions I haven't had yet. I've been overly reliant on my mitigation. I'll have to learn how to adapt, improvise, and overcome. I'll call out to you if I absolutely need help. “ He states as he goes to face the Wyrm. The sandstorm begins to swallow the sable skinned warrior as it becomes harder to see and evade.

-1 ACC -1 EVA

@Hestia

I  just chuckle softly out of embarrassment more so than anything else due to the nature of the name of the sword which was preceded by appreciation for the gear in the first place as i glance to the side not wanting to discuss the naming of the blade and why it had received its name and how it had come into being. I watch as the sandstorm kicks up and swallows the area seemingly as i make my way into the fighting arena as well to just view the spectacle of the fight that is going to occur a simple fight that will decide if my gear will actually be used or not from having it traded away. 'At least i'm not trashing it like i had originally planned for myself to do. At least this way the gear will be used by someone who needs it, a way to guarantee the success of future fights for him at the very least without the need to use col to buy the gear he could need.' I glance towards the side as i open up a menu with the tier three gear i hadn't touched in so long from the current gear i have replacing that due to just the superior nature of how i had matched the enhancements to work with me. 'Give now, or save till tier three?'

Black withdrew his Katana that he had identified by the Merchant Stryder. It was a two handed weapon and he held no sword arts. However, he did have one advantage with bearing the blade. If he was able to land a critical strike he, too, could equal the playing field by utilizing damage over time effects to his advantage. This would be war of attrition at it's finest. He kept the weapon sheathed at his side as he trudged through the biome, his heavy armor sinking into the sand and making him less evasive.

Vigilant eyes scanned the perimeter, but not much could be seen in the wall of spinning sand that with throughout the area like a vortex. The Marine was careful, exercising caution in every step. He heard a loud cry screeching from beyond as the sound of a warrior crying out and came from the distance. The shadow of a man like figure burst into shards, crushed to death by a snake like figure.

The sharp winds blew harshly as it they could peel the skin of Black's face as he watched the slithery serpent disappear. Only a faint black cloud was left of it's appearance, before eventually that too disappeared.

Black looked around with a concerned expression. The beast was no where to be seen…

Suddenly he felt the sand shift from underneath him as he reacted by slashing at the dirt, but the beast only suffered a flesh wound as it locked it's jaws around Black's shoulder. The ethereal Red thorns crushed and shattering as if they were nothing. Black began to wince as he felt the venom seeping into him and the debuff alert on his screen.

@Hestia

Spoiler

ID# 107960 results:

Battle: 4 (+3) (-1)

MOB: 10

Wyrm

HP: 174/175

MIT: 45

Damage per Attack: 70
On MD rolls of 9 or 10, the boss will attack the two players with the highest Hate and poison them, dealing attack damage AND 20 damage for 5 turns that cannot be mitigated.

H: 0/ 0/0/0 /0] Lvl. 24 Black:   - HP: 462/480 // EN : 48/48 // MIT: 52// DMG: 4// BLD 1 // THN: 18// EVA: 0 // ACC : 3// PARA : 0 // REC 1 // [20 DMG 5/5 Turns]

Edited by Black

I watch the beginning of the fight get played out between player and mob as it goes horribly wrong rather quickly as the debuff next to Black's name pops up as i wince ever so slightly remembering the feeling of that venom within myself and how horrible it is. 'To have that happen right away though is impressive.' I think to myself as i just wait patiently since i hadn't been called in to help which leaves me just watching from the sidelines as i scan through my inventory taking some quick numbers down to what i will need for the next boss raid when it will come around as their is quite a bit i could use if they don't have a merchant like they did during the event boss. 'Some safeguards for sure, damage, accuracy.' I think to myself knowing their is more but seeing that it is mainly just regular stuff in the vein of what i buy from people which makes it nothing new or fantastic.

Black begins to feel his heartbeat. The appropriate responds in the real world would be to slow his breathing and use physical treatment to care for the venom elevate portions of his body and call a medic. However, he couldn't rely on those survival instincts. He had to improvise and adapt. He remembered Cosi's words as the man snarled at him in his memory. ‘You can't just treat this like a battlefield, this is a game..’ Cosi's words echoed through the man's mind.

The man's ridiculing tongue attempting to crush Black as the Wyrm had done as it once again locked it's jaws tighter around Black's body. Black felt a portion of his life drain, followed by another larger dent into his health. ‘Was that..the posion...[censored]..that player who just died now...he must have been a DPS..’ The thorns on the  Ruby armor began to burst into life stabbing inside of the beast's mouth as it spat Black out.

Black's feet sank into the dirt before they trudged through the sand. His mobility was impaired, but he gathered what strength he could to press forward as he unleashed a vicious uppercut across the length of the beast's neck. ‘This is a battle against time...I won't let this b*****d take me down. I'm going to win this...using my own strength!’ Black's eyes dilated with rage as he sliced the blade up the Wyrm's body and ascended into the air.

@Hestia

Spoiler

ID# 107961 results:

Battle: 10

Craft: 7

Loot: 3

MOB: 6

-18 HP to Black
-20 HP to Black

-1 HP to Wyrm
-18 HP to Wyrm

HP : 155/175 12 DMG [2/2 Turns]

On MD rolls of 9 or 10, the boss will attack the two players with the highest Hate and poison them, dealing attack damage AND 20 damage for 5 turns that cannot be mitigated.

H: 3] Lvl. 24 Black:   - HP: 424/480 // EN : 48/48 // MIT: 52// DMG: 4// BLD 1 // THN: 18// EVA: 0 // ACC : 3// PARA : 0 // REC 1 // [20 DMG 4/5 Turns]

Edited by Black

I watch as the Wurms HP depletes by a small amount as i wince ever so slightly able to tell that this fight is going to last quite awhile just based on the principle of having to tank through everything as he glances towards his friends list remembering having someone helping myself with this quest in terms of being the damage. 'Was it Kimi...i think it was i remember her being concerned when doing this with her, and if it wasn't with Kim than it was Itzal one of the two.' I think to myself as i try to grasp for the details of the event of taking this quest myself the details slipping my mind as i try to grasp anything to help me out as i try to retrace my steps while doing this in the past myself. I take a seat upon the ground as i look towards the ground in contemplation at that as i tap my cheek ever so slightly while in thought my familiar at my side nudging me gently before laying down right beside me with his head on my leg.

The wild tempo of combat raged on as the ebony skinnes Samurai crossed paths with a vicious opponent. In the aftermath of the last assault, Black was launched up in the air. Though his descent would give him great momentum for an attack, he had no control on his watching as he fell down. He clutched his sword tightly as he tried to see what was going on in the violent sandstorm, but his eyes couldn't detect any trace of the beast.

'Wait...where the hell did the Wyrm go...it was just here..' The world around him fell eerily silent as his eyes darted left to right, he ended up thudding on the ground and that is when the deadly predator hurled itself from the camoglouge of the sands to bite Black once again. The Black shiobi was inside the beast's jaws as it was trying to crush him. He held it's mouth open with just his blade as his thorns carved into it's mouth.

@Hestia

Spoiler

ID# 107962 results:

Battle: 1

MOB: 7

-18 HP Black

-20 HP Black

-18 HP Wyrm

-12 HP Wyrm

HP : 125/175 12 DMG [1/2 Turns]

On MD rolls of 9 or 10, the boss will attack the two players with the highest Hate and poison them, dealing attack damage AND 20 damage for 5 turn s that cannot be mitigated.

H: 3] Lvl. 24 Black:   - HP: 386/480 // EN : 48/48 // MIT: 52// DMG: 4// BLD 1 // THN: 18// EVA: 0 // ACC : 3// PARA : 0 // REC 1 // [20 DMG 3/5 Turns]

Edited by Black

I see the health bar of both Black and the Wurm deplete by a rather good amount for both mob and player as i just nod my head able to figure out what the game is here for thsi battle between the two enemies. 'A battle of damage over time effects. Considering Black's luck if it holds out he should be able to proct his status effect enough times to put this mob on ice.' I think to myself with a nod of my head not being scared at all for the tank's life considering i had dealt with the creature's attacks once before, and from how things are looking out right now it should be equally possible for the players himself to handle this beast. Just don't die on me. I mutter softly to myself unable to help the smallest part of doubt and worry that lingers in the back of my mind as i run my hand gently through the soft fur of my familiar as i watch the fight to keep my mind sufficiently distracted as much as possible to not think to much about what the outcomes of the fight could be.

Black's muscles begin to waver under the crushing weight of the beast's jaws. He feels his arms shaking desperately to withhold the beast from crushing him. Despite the effect of his thorns, the beast simply refuses to let go. Black begin to grunt as the venom makes him feel nauseous. It seemed as if some potent toxin was ripping away at his insides. ‘It's as if my blood is on fire...what the hell is this’

Black clenched his teeth as he watched his health points slowly sap away. ‘Why can't I move...I feel so exhausted…’ His vision begins to dim a bit. She shakes his head trying to refuse the lullaby of the toxin that tried to drain him of his strength. ‘No, it's all in my head. I've got to focus!’

He exhales a pained grunt as the beast continues to clamp down on him despite him already suffering enough as it is. Black assesses the damage that has been done and the damage that has yet to have been done.

‘I've got him about halfway down and he's got me about a forth after the DoTs finish off...I just can't afford more of that venom...another critical hit from me can push me closer into the safe zone...just got to follow through’

@Hestia

Spoiler

ID# 107972 results:

Battle: 2 (+3) (-1) = 4 (Miss)

MOB: 8

-18 HP to Black

-20 HP to Black

-12 HP to Wyrm

-18 HP to Wyrm

HP : 95/175 12 DMG [0/2 Turns]

On MD rolls of 9 or 10, the boss will attack the two players with the highest Ha te and poison them, dealing attack damage AND 20 damage for 5 turn s that cannot be mitigated.

H: 3] Lvl. 24 Black:   - HP: 348/ 480 // EN : 48/48 // MIT: 52// DMG: 4// BLD 1 // THN: 18// EVA: 0 // ACC : 3// PARA : 0 // REC 1 // [20 DMG 2/5 Turns]

Edited by Black

I glance upwards watching as black once more manages to at least get some thorns off alongside his DoTs but not landing another hit as i can only wince as i just nod my head figuring that the man is either spending all his luck on games of cards in his free time, or his luck is finally running out of power to keep him from just being a broken powerhouse of status effects. 'Seems like he won't be able to do that forever like he had done during the Hoya minos quest back on floor three. hopefully he isn't too full of himself to believe that his initial luck will carry him through everything since if that is the case i'll have to find a quest to break down any over-confidence and lack of self safety he could develop beyond just the Herculean Labor.' I think to myself as i focus on the fight just keeping track of the health bars that are as clear as the day since keeping up with the shapes is rather difficult in the sandstorm that the creature has around it.

Equipped golden fleece (+3 LD)

The mighty jaws of the slithery serpent proved to be a troublesome hardship for the fierce black skinned swordsman to endure as it kept his arms locked within it's jaws. The katana of the seasoned Samurai trapped between it's fangs to avoid the venom. 'I can't let those things near me...one or two more potent bites...and I'm done for...' Black thought as his eyes zeroed in on the fangs that were only a few inches from his neck.

His body wobbled as he heard a noise surrounding him that may be partially drowned out from the loud flapping of the sandstorm. 'What the hell...is it moving? Wait...where is it taking me!' Black began to brace for impact as the sinuous serpent leaped into the air and the pile driver him into the sand as it narrowed it self away deep underground. The only thing Hestia would be able to see was the party menu where Black's health would continue to drain.

Spoiler

ID# 107973 results:

Battle: 2 (Miss)

MOB: 6

-18 HP Black

-20 HP Black

-18 HP Wyrm

HP : 77/175

On MD rolls of 9 or 10, the boss will attack the two players with the highest Ha te and poison them, dealing attack damage AND 20 damage for 5 turn s that cannot be mitigated.

H: 3] Lvl. 24 Black:   - HP: 310/ 480 // EN : 48/48 // MIT: 52// DMG: 4// BLD 1 // THN: 18// EVA: 0 // ACC : 3// PARA : 0 // REC 1 // [20 DMG 1/5 Turns]

Edited by Black

I watch the health deplete but remain as calm as i can be considering the fact that as long as it doesn't start exponentially decreasing like it had been earlier from multiple venom rounds being pumped into the tank then everything should be as right as rain considering the fact that the enemy in theory should be suffering as much thorns as Black would be taking damage. My familiar slowly getting up onto his feet as he glances around looking for one thing or the other to entertain the lion with wings as the creature starts walking around seemingly trying to sniff something out. I glance towards Kuro as my golden cloak whips around within the wind as the sandstorm rages as i hear the sound of something being dragged as i grin shortly after as i see a treasure chest being moved towards me by my familiar as i pet his head gently and affectionately. Good Kuro. I say in a affectionate tone towards my partner who has helped me immensely.

#107974 LD:12+3=15 chest found