[PP|F01] Hatchlings learn to fly << The First few lessons are free>>

Shiro looks at his sister and smiles. “Hey Misako, we should learn to run this game. Make it our own, you know what I’m saying?” He asks, looking at a pair of necklaces, one a white bird, the other a black bird. He smiles and slides them in his pocket, turning away from the shop and looking at the sign. This isn’t the right shop, it should be close however. “Hey Misako, you’re the boss, so tell me where to go.” His rare smile moves back to a straight face, his hand fidgeting in his pocket with the Necklaces. I’ll give it to her later, it is our birthday after all. Maybe a gift will help us move to the frontlines and rule the game. He looks up at the sign in front of him and smiles, “That appears to be the place.” He pushes his shorter sister into the shop with a smile. “Go on, make his day.” He chuckles a little, humming the calm and tranquil song his sister taught him when they were little. You are my little sister.

@Muninn

• 3 weeks later...

Muninn skipped along happily. They were finally doing a quest together! This was it! This was what had kept her up at night for the past few months, just thinking about finally getting to experience a game like this - and when it was with her brother, it was all the more exciting. "Rule the game? Nah, don't be such a dork," she giggled. Then, she fell in closer as she walked with him. "I'm kidding, I'm kidding. I don't know about ruling the game, but if you wanna, we can always get like - crazy strong and then force people to give us their stuff." She laughed, thinking about forcing people to give them their pants, then jumped to attention, pointing excitedly down the road. "Oh! Right! This way, this way!" She ran along, the thrill that came with finally being immersed in this world not quite yet having faded. When they got into the shop, she ran in. "Hello~!," she cried, pushing the door open in an exaggerated fashion. The door swung open slowly with a shrill groan. 

Inside stood an old man, his long white hair covering most of his facial features as he hunched over a table, mumbling to himself. At the sound of the door opening the man turned around, clapping his hands together. "Ah! Welcome, welcome," he waved, beckoning them inside. "You must be some of the new adventurers." He rounded his table, going over to a counter and pulling out several strange utensils as he spoke. "Well, I'm always happy to show the young ones how to craft a simple potion," he said with a smile. He brought the vials and bowls and tubes back to his table, where he began setting them up. "Especially given your..." he struggled for the right word, waving his hand. "precarious occupation." He clapped his hands together, standing up straight to face the two. "But! We need ingredients!" He glided across the wooden floor to stand even closer in front of the two. "Ingredients, ingredients, ingredients! You're in luck, however! It just so happens that just outside the city walls there are more than enough to be found in the wild!
"Oh! Silly me, I haven't even introduced myself." The old man placed a hand on his chest. "I am Zackariah, and I am an alchemist. And I will help you two, but I can only do that if you have the necessary components." He smiled, waving them out the door. "Go along now, and make haste! I will be waiting patiently for your return." Before shutting the door on them, he paused. "And, oh - do please be careful.

“Come on Misako. We have to get this done. I heard this world has Oreos.” He says, with the excitement of a child. They both knew that the boy, despite his serious and dark demeanor, his favorite snack was always Oreos. He always shared the package with his sister though. He would never hog them, because he always saw it as a luxury he wanted his sister to experience. “Maybe we can find some snacks for you.” His hands move into his pockets as he smiles walking out of the shop. This is gonna be awesome, doing a quest with Misako. She always know how to have fun. His hood being down allows his hair to blow in the wind. Something not even Misako sees all that often. Almost as rare as his smile, his hood being down was almost never seen because his hood helped him protect his emotions, and in a tough situation, emotions cloud judgement. The player pats his younger sister on the head and smiles, “Let’s go get this quest done so we can eat.” He laughs, something more rare than hearing a song from the boy’s mouth. It’s gonna be awesome. His hands move over his eyes as he rubs them. “It’s too early to be questing, so let’s get through this as fast as possible.” He mumbles.

@Muninn

"Oreos," she laughed. "Well~, maybe they have something like it." She smiled, though. It was nice to see him happy for a change. He was always a moody one, so to see him excited over something... it made her feel good. "Yeah," she agreed with a happy nod, "that sounds good! Let's do it!" She tugged on his jacket, then let go as she marched forward. "Let's get a move on! Come on! Feel the burn, dude!" Muninn hopped back, then, twirling around, ran down the street at full speed. She spun around player and NPC alike, just barely brushing past passerby unscathed, but she eventually made it to the edge of the city. She figured the excitement to actually be playing the game was getting to her, because she felt weirdly giddy and light on her feet. She spun back around to look for her brother. "Hey! We've gotta look for some kind of plant or something, yeah?" She frowned, looking out at the sea of grassy field that stretched as far as the eye could see. "Uhh, what does that look like?

“Let’s go find out what it looks like. The quest has a progression meter correct? We’ll pick up random flowers until the progression changes.” He says with a thumbs up. He looks around, but only sees grass. We can do this, the odds are incalculably small, but we’ve surpassed greater odds. There was that one time I beat up those bullies. The odds were against us then, of course they are now. He nods after having reassured himself. He was almost never actually taken aback by something and he never gets too scared to go on. It was one of his few traits that remained obvious even in the game. His face shifted back into it’s emotionless glare as he walked into the field to try to find something. His eyes moved over the field intensely, but alas it was to no avail. His efforts thwarted by not being prepared. “Damn it Misako, you picked the quest. The rule has always been, throughout every game we played, you want the quest? You get the info. You know that.” He says. He rarely ever got this emotional about not being able to do something. “I’m sorry Misako. You get 75% of the Oreos later.” He tried to apologize for the emotions that he had kept to himself for the past few weeks when they inevitably boiled over a little bit. Not even Misako had ever seen Shiro mad, so Shiro was scared about how she was gonna react.

ID: 108689

LD: 4 (Fail)

@Muninn

Edited by Huginn
  • 2 weeks later...

She scanned the fields, looking for any sign of whatever flower, or plant, or... what was it she was looking for? 
She flinched a bit when Shiro had an outburst. Misako frowned, putting her hands on her hips. What's his problem? She figured that it'd just be best not to talk about it, though she was a bit surprised that he had gotten himself so worked up over it. Maybe he was stressed? She went on with her searching without responding. The shining outline of a plant caught her eye as Shiro apologized. She picked it, the flower deep red with splashes of yellow. She turned around, holding the flower out to her brother. "Hey," she smiled, "we'll be fine, alright? Don't let yourself get so worked up over it." Before waiting to see if Shiro would grab the flower, Misako yanked it away. "This one is mine, though," she grinnned, pocketing the item. "Use that big brain of yours to like - calculate the exact... location of these flowers or something." She shook her head, still grinning. "Nah, I'm just playing." With an exaggerated twirl, she busied herself with her searching again. 

Searching: ID#109436  LD: 13 (Success!) 
Found: [1/5]

Edited by Muninn