[PP-F1] Being Normal

Jade listened carefully, a her brown eyes hazy and detached from reality, or false reality in this case. I’m not brave. She thought to herself. I’m careless and stupid, if anything approached, I would not care if it killed me. She let out a shaky breath. “A-a deal?” She asked, her voice shaky and confused. As he explained, she thought to herself. Why would I join a group, make connections with people, if I could wind up dead the next day? I don’t want to inconvenience anyone when I go, but maybe I could help them out, maybe make myself useful before I go. “Ennakai, I don’t want you to worry about me.” Jade said, with a weak smile on her face. “I don’t want anyone to worry about me, I’m a burden and I know it. Worrying about me will just slow you down, or it could be dangerous even. I don’t want you to get hurt just because you tried to help me.” Jade continued, the same haziness beginning to fill her eyes. “I-I… I Just… I just want everyone to be happy.” Jade said, a tear rolling down her cheek. “I want to make everyone happy before I go. So I can die knowing I did some good.” She tucked her knees against her chest and wrapped her arms around them. “I hope you understand…” Jade said ignoring Ennakai’s pinky swear. It was a tempting deal, but she really didn’t want to get to close to anyone before she died. That would only hurt them, she wouldn’t want anyone to get hurt.

@Ennakai

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ennakai started laughing as Ghost spoke again, "You are no burden to anyone here, Just holding yourself down, so let go of block of stone and accept my words," Enna said smiling not caring about anything Ghost just said. It was not out of pitty but more out of well, Enna being Enna. "I Do the hurting people here and not you Ghost. I'm proud to you to even trust me, I killed someone you know, without regret at all, and that is something that will haunt me forever," Enna said without any trouble but you could see from her face he was not lying at all. Enna took away the tear from Ghost and smiled, "You can also die knowing you did good, but you could also see the effects of your good. That is what I do but from a distance that is why I'm an info Broker, I will not take credits for the big things however I like to use my skills in something," you could clearly see Enna was not caring about a thing of what he was telling and was quite happy even if he seemed down. "And if you are dangerous then you never escape me at all, I'M A DANGER SEEKER!" Enna declared cheering before laying an arm around her again

@Ghost .

“I am… I’ll just slow you down. I’m a shackle at the legs of the people I meet, and even if I accept this deal, I can’t promise I won’t hurt myself. Sometimes I wake up, and I just… I lose my self-control.” Jade responded with disappointment. “If you killed someone, and had no regrets. Then why won’t you let me do your job for you and off myself with no regrets.” Jades eyes widened. “I-I mean, I-I… I’m sorry! P-Please forgive my r-rudeness...”

See the effects of doing good? This was an unfamiliar concept to Jade, she never had anything good happen to her because of something she had done in the past. Everything she had done in the past was haunting her, her father’s abusive behavior, her mother’s death, her high school bullies. All things she tried control resulted in a biannual trip to the emergency room, a twice a week trip to the therapist, and bad grades which resulted in more abusive behavior from her father. She turned her head to face Ennakai, who put his arm around her shoulders, after taking a few deep breaths, she spoke. “I’m dangerous to you in a way I don’t want to explain. So please…” Jade pleaded. “I don’t want to hurt you when I go.”

@Ennakai

Enna smiles even more now and starts to laugh again, "You are nowhere near slowing me down, the only one doing that is well... Nobody not even you at all," Enna said smiling to Ghost and his face turns a bit mad now, "Killing someone because it needs and killing someone because you feel like it is not the same, I killed that person because He wanted to kill me and my friend, Still don't regret it at all. You want to kill yourself because you feel like it, Feeling should not make you keep someone, that makes you a murderer," Enna says seriously to Ghost. "AND STOP saying sorry for something you can't say sorry for,"  Enna smiled once again and tapped Ghost on the shoulder, "I'm dangerous for you, I'm the one that does the hurting, and you are going nowhere. If you stand near a monster and wait for it to kill you, I will kill the monster and make you suffer more... I will keep you save and this will hurt you because you can't take what you want to take, And I'm not letting you take what you want, get this in your head. YOU ARE NOT GOING ANYWHERE." He said smiling poking Ghost in the belly as he said this.

@Ghost

Jade closed her eyes, her knees still on her chest, and her arms wrapped around them in a sorta of hug. “I don’t want to kill myself because I want to, it’s because I can’t stand this anymore.” Tears began escaping her eyes. “Every day, the weight gets heavier and heavier. The rainclouds won’t leave me, even if I’m happy, I’m not. I never am. Not anymore… To me, it’s my only escape.” Jade turned to Enna. “Everything is my fault. I have to apologize. Like now, you wouldn’t be wasting your time talking to me if I didn’t exist.” Jade turned back, taking her arms off her legs, and crossing them. Jade slowly began to lose it. She cupped her hands to her face, and slouched over, quietly sobbing. “W-Why… I-I just want out…” She said quietly. “I-I… I can't take much m-more of this, Ennakai. I tried to get h-help and failed, no one here c-can help me.”

@Ennakai

Enna looked to Ghost as she spoke again but this time you could see a quite serious face on him. Enna sighed and nodded his head, "Ghost... Stop please, Don't think a person like yourself is stopping anyone from going on, You did not waste my time, I wasted yours. You are not useless, you're Useful. You are Not a stranger, I would call you a friend by now. And friends have each other back no matter what. And well I'm the time of friend who hangs on your back to keep you going, keep staying until you feel better Until you are feeling fine to have me as a friend." At that point, Enna took a risk and went for it giving a Kiss on Ghost forehead, "See ... I would not kiss a random stranger, I would not kiss a person I don't care about. You are adorable so wasting your looks is a no go, Yep I just said you are Cute and good looking so accept this or I will bug you until you accept it." Enna said smiling again but this time sitting right in front of Ghost face and if she looked up Enna would be right in her face and if she did this you could see that Enna was blushing a bit.

@Ghost

Jade's tears vanished, and was replaced by a flustered expression. "But... I-I..." Jade's face turned bright red. She wasn't sure what embarrassed her more, the kiss on the forehead, or the fact that someone actually came out and called her cute and adorable. "I, I never... thought of myself t-that way." She said looking up to see Ennakai's infectious smile staring back inches away from her. Jade looked away out of embarrassment. "H-Hey..." Jade started. "...why are y-you doing this?" It seemed that the compliment got her out of that depressed head-space for the time being. She turned back to Ennakai, and with all kept her gaze from looking away from his. She waited for him to finish speaking. "I don't think I'm cute though. I always thought of myself as average. Not cute, not adorable. Average." Jade responded, clearing new to the fact that she had potential for anything at all.

WC: 152

@Ennakai

Edited by Ghost

Enna smiled did not fade away anytime soon and stared at Ghost quite long, As she spoke Enna grinned a bit.  "You don't understand it do you now, If you where not Cute in the first place I would not kiss you." Enna notice that her embarrassment took over her depression thinking and Enna smiled, "You are Cute... okay now you making me do this," Enna got out a notebook and a pen and started writing and drawing, "Keep sitting like that for me, I need to get your cute side here," Enna said to Ghost smiling from ear to ear before moving a few feet away and drawing something in the notebook. That something was a Drawing of Ghost herself. It took Enna not long before moving closer to Ghost again and showing her the paper on what he was drawing, It looked quite cute if you did not know who it was. The drawing was with a pencil so no real color, but a girl with long hair was sitting under a blanket with a book in one hand and quite a bit of blush on the face. "So like it, Not to part two of this thing," Enna said turning around the paper and writing, Why Ghost is Cute. "Point one, Why Ghost is Cute, Your name in game is Ghost, and well Ghosts are cute. Point two, Your act Shy and well hiding your face is quite cute. Point Three, Your hair looks beautiful and fits with your eyes. Point four, your curious about a lot of things and finding out makes you look even cuter. " Enna stopped and smiled at Ghost as they have written down at least four points now on the back of the paper. "Want to hear more?" Enna asked Ghost wanting to hear what she was thinking.

@Ghost

“I… Making you do what exactly?” Jade asked with curiosity, the leaves blowing past her. Her hair blew around behind her as she struggled to keep it down. “C-cute side?” Jade grew both even more curious and embarrassed at the same time. Enna moved back showing Ghost his drawing, which looked well done for something done so quickly. “I-Is that… Me?” Jade looked at the black and white drawing. She reached out for the paper, the blanket falling off of her without her holding it down, slumping to the ground around her. She looked at it closely. Enna did catch the fact Jade was blushing at the time. Jade gave the drawing back to Enna. Before laying her back on the tree behind her. “Part t-two? Y-you really don’t have t-” Jade was interrupted by Enna going on about all the ways that Jade acts cute or adorable. As he went on, her face became an even more deeper shade of red. “Y-you win! You w-win.” Jade announced, her hands in the air, before letting them rest back down at her sides. “I-I got it. I’m cute…” She looked away nervously, her brown eyes catching something moving out of the corner of her vision. A blue butterfly fluttered into view. It flew up to, then around Jade. Jade held out a finger trying to get it to land on her finger, with no luck. Disappointed, she crossed her arms as the butterfly teased her by continuing to fly around the both of them before fluttering up into the branches of the tree behind Jade. Jade faced Enna again. “I-I feel obligated now…” Jade began. “...to tell you my real name… because addressing me as Ghost isn’t really normal, now is it?” She asked, making she Enna was ok with the concept.

@Ennakai

Edited by Ghost

Ennna smiled as Ghost admitted to being cute and making clear Enna won this. "Okay with that, You can have this from me," Enna said giving her the drawing from his notebook with text on it. As then Ghost looked at the butterfly Enna smiled once again as she tried to get in on her finger and it did not want to and a small giggle was to hear from Enn. As he opened his inventory and took out an item, this was a red metal rose, the butterfly went over to the metal rose and sat down on it before it found out it was a fake one and moved over to Enna's head just where Enna could not see it as it sat on his hair. He turned to Ghost as she spoke and the butterfly did not move from his hair. "If you don't want to you don't have to, But if you feel okay with me saying your name here then well... I ain't stopping you," He said to Ghost seeing what she was going to do.

@Ghost

"Thanks... It's really good..." Jade commented, taking the paper from Enna. Jade scowled at Enna when he giggled. "If you think you can do it then you try." Jade watched as Ennakai opened his inventory and pulled out a metal rose. The butterfly flew to it, landed on it, realized it was fake, and landed in his hair. "Hey... No fair, you cheated." Jade said in a almost jealous tone. Jade readjusted the way she was sitting. Her knees were out in front of her and her feet behind her. Jade hands on her lap. "Well, I don't want you do say it when there is other people around. Just, when it's you and me..." Jade paused, putting her fingers together in front of her, her head turned away slightly. "...sorry. That sounded kinda weird, didn't it?" Jade felt a tingling sensation on her back. She froze as a second blue butterfly crawled up to her shoulder. "Enna..." Jade said distressed, trying not to move to scare it. Freezing in place as it started crawling up her neck and onto her ear. She was resisting the temptation to laugh. "...t-this really tickles..." Jade said, one of her eyes closed as the butterfly crawled over it. "Enna... Do somethin-" Jade said quietly as it crawled over her mouth. Forcing her to stop talking or she might end up inhaling it. "MMMmmmmmffff..." She groaned, crossing her eyes to look at the butterfly. Then looking at Ennakai.

@Ennakai

Edited by Ghost

Looking at her for a moment and thinks about something real quick. No wonder Ghost was like this but also quite a bit not, Still Enna was happy they did what they did and just be themselves, their teasing selfs. Enna did not try too much and laugh as the butterfly was on his hair, but once a new friend popped up and started walking on Ghost for a bit. Enna wanted to laugh really bad now and it was clear Ghost was not used to this at all. As Ghost started to asks for Enna's help to get the butterfly of her Enna just stared a bit, until it walked onto her mouth and Enna got into action. He held out his finger to get the butterfly,  His finger was touching Ghost's lips and with the other hand he slowly went down her nose to force the butterfly onto his finger. Once it was on his finger he pulled slowly back and smiled, "You did well Ghost," He said before setting the second butterfly also in his hair, "Go be what your friend Mr.Butterfly," He said as both butterflies now were sitting on his hair slowly walking around each other. "See, I can be calm, Just need to have a reason to be calm. And well animals are one reason to be calm," He said smiling.

@Ghost

"Thanks..." Jade commented as the Butterfly was removed, her voice slightly muffled as her hand was covering where the butterfly was. Jade couldn't help but smile in this situation. The sun shimmered through the branches, the breeze got a bit warmer,  the clouds parted letting a little sunshine into Jade's world, even though it was just for a little bit, it was enough for Jade to notice. Was it because she imagined it or, something else? She froze, new to this temporary feeling of happiness. She just sat there, breathing slowly, she looked up at Ennakai. "Jade..." She whispered. "My name is... Jade." She said louder. "Y-you did, did hear that right?" She looked distressed. She only told one person her name out of the thousands of people trapped in Aincrad. This, would be a total of two. Jade giggled as the butterflies circled each other on top of Ennakai's head. She looked away for a moment, unable to say something like this while making eye contact. "T-thanks..." Jade smiled, it wasn't a fake smile, it was real, and you could tell.

@Ennakai

Enna noticed the small smile on Ghost her face and Enna cannot hold back himself and smiles as well even greater than before as it was a smile of happiness. He looks to the distance for a bit as the two butterflies lift off from his head and fly away to some flowers not far away from them. He looks back to Ghost as she muffles something under her breath But Enna did hear it the first time, but he jumped a bit as she speaks louder and asking if she heard it. Enna smiled happily and patted Ghost on the head real quick, "I did hear you... Jade..." He said friendly, almost like He and Jade were longtime friends. It was clear Enna felt something maybe Ghost was this person someone talked about that would change him as he always thought it would be someone else. "I should Thank you Gho... Jade" He says before going one, "I really glad to meet you here this day, sure was a good move to accept that book to the face for this... I wish to have some more fun for sure later times, Maybe you can even help me with things And I can help you as well." Enna said just smiling happy, "I know many people and well someone once going up and others going down, I really Like meeting people but you are truly something. In a good way for sure," Enna said looking up at the leaves from the tree.

@Ghost

"What are yo-" It took a second for Jade to react to Enna patting her head. When she did, she was flustered. "H-Hey... I-I'm not a p-p, pet." Jade said, her face turning red. Though when Enna said Jade's name, she got a nostalgic feeling, from her childhood. Back when everything still made sense and before her mothers death. Jade came back to reality after a few seconds of thought. "W-what are you thanking me for exactly? I didn't do anything deserving of admiration." Jade asked curiously, as Enna went on to explain. "Oh, r-right... Hehe.."  She laughed nervously, as Jade recalled throwing the book at his forehead, to be completely fair he really startled her. "Well, Enna... I doubt I would be able to help you any time soon. I'm only level four." Jade said, laying down and poking a flower at the edge of the sheet she was laying on. "If anything, I'd just get in your way." Jade picked the flower off the ground, rolled over to face the sky through the leaves and held the flower on her stomach with both hands. "Now your just trying to flatter me." Jade smiled sincerely in response to Enna's comment, that and also the fact that Enna's smile was extremely infectious.

@Ennakai

Enna notice Ghost was speaking walking in the way and thinking about saying this, it was something Enna heard so many times before coming from his own words as well. "The only thing that gets in my way is my own feet, So no worry there," Enna said looking to Ghost as she laid down and said he was just flattering her at the moment, "Yep, I'm now, Tho it is good to do that once a while. It is good to feel needed, It feels great for sure, that is why I took the job on as Info broker. To feel needed not like before where I was not needed at all and just be sat to the side. I'm just as strong as the rest, maybe stronger in my head for sure. If they just noticed me for once then they can feel how it feels to get ignored for once... Just once," Enna said as he made a fist of his hand as you could clearly see a bit of anger in his eyes for sure. He shook his head a bit and nodded, "But not about that now, we are here to be noticed by the small things," Enna said with a smile shaking of the anger he just had.

@Ghost

"By the small things?" Jade asked. "Like what?" Jade continued, curious about what his response would be. Jade held the flower high above her before dropping it back down. Jade began thinking to herself. This game is so... Memorizing... Jade tilted her head, which she typically does when she is lost in thought. The gravity feels real, the sheets I'm on feels real, even the breeze feels real. Does pain feel real too? I haven't experience any physical pain here, at least not yet. Wait, can you harm yourself in this game? And if you do, would it register as attacking another player? She opened her inventory and pulled out a dagger, she held out her hand above her and held the dagger to it, completely forgetting that Ennakai was there. She moved it slowly until it registered as a cut. She pulled back. It feels weird and tingly, no pain.  She looked at the crystal directly above her. It didn't change. She looked at her HPSeventy-Seven out of Eighty, so it does do damage. She looked to her left, and stared at Ennakai. Her face turned red as she tried to explain. "I-I was t-testing a few theories, I-I didn't do that cause I think that, that I... I..." Jade slowly feel silent, waiting for a response.

@Ennakai

As Ghost asked him what he meant with the small thing he started thinking and got up with a story to tell, "Well I believe every NPC every Monster Every so-called living creature is being controlled by a higher being, Like an AI. And that this AI sees mostly everything and keeps an eye out for the players to make sure things go as planned. I also believe the AI can see us right now and have thoughts about us. Like those two butterflies like before they feel real and stuff but are not, Death is painless would be a lie for sure alto pain does not exist in the world It surely does when you die." He said noticing Jado got into her own thought and was kind of not listening, He watched as she got a dagger out of her pocket and cut herself a small sigh came out of Enna and he kept looking at her waiting to see if she responded to him. As then Ghost got back trying to explain herself for what she was doing. "We all have been there, I have been there before as well, trying to see how things work and all... I once jumped from a tall tree to see if it would really work like in real life, but the only effect I got was falling to the ground getting Fall damage and my Knees just snapping and simply putting it, I could not stand up for a time as my knees just kept me down after that. Pain does not exist here Jade But once you die you can feel the real pain of death for sure. And the pain to others you will deal will be emotional for sure." He paused a bit before speaking again.

"I killed a man to save my friend I was in the red, And not only did I feel the pain I also felt the pain of losing everything I worked for, Both me and my friend where in the red about to die by the hands of a red player, It was either both of my friends died and also I die or he died so I took the fasted route and stabbed him in the back with the engery I still had left. Pain does not exist I keep telling myself, But it does part somethings, this may be a game but still, I can feel when my hands are cut off, I still feel when a Warhammer hits my face, It is real yet not real. It still hurts yet it does not. The brain works weird for sure, And I would like to find out how it works," He said sounding a bit depressed about it now.

@Ghost (OOC Just make it to 40 Post for 2 SP)

She thought about the concept for a moment, was the games AI really advanced enough to monitor ever single player at any given moment of any given time? And not just that but have thoughts about them? "I wonder what it's thinking right now..." Jade said, a intrigued tone in her voice. Jade didn't like it when someone else was sad or upset, she felt like it was her burden, which she thought would explain why she was sad all the time. Usually when she came upon an upset person, even if she didn't know them, she would at least try and make them feel better. "No!" Jade sounded distressed. "D-don't be sad, that's my job!" Jade sat up and quickly tried to think of some thing that would lighten the mood. But what lightens a mood? She thought to herself, she thought back to once when she was happy, what did her mother do for her when she was upset or hurt? That's right, she gave her a hug. That's normal right? Normal people can hug normal people? She moved closer and wrapped her hands around Enna. Normal people, probably don't hug random people they met in the middle of a forest. Jade thought to herself as she attempted to explain. "My m-mom use to do this when I was h-hurt..." Her face slowly began to change to the color red. She let go after roughly ten seconds. "T-There... Feel better?"

@Ennakai

Enna shocked a bit as Ghost said to him not to be depressed and Enna did not answer Like normal just thinking of the men's Face he killed. It was really not a good thing to look back too at all, Enna killed a person and meaning in real life he would be arrested for sure, but what would he do normally get killed and just live with that. No that was not an option, He was lost a bit and then Ghost gave him a hug what was quite a surprised, Such a bold move to do even more so from Ghost the other way it would be no surprise at all as Enna did this to make people like him more or even get closer without doing much, Showing you cared... That was something that stuck into his head as Ghost said her mother did this. Once Ghost let's go Enna feels something lifting away something he did not feel much. "Thanks, I think, I feel better," Enna wanted to say something extra like I feel much better thanks to you lovely girl being with me, or something like that, But Enna did not do that. "Jade... Um... Thanks, No take backs just accept the Thanks. Promise me this, Stay alive so you can meet we can meet once outside of this game, I really owe you a date or two by now," He said to Ghost smiling happily again.

@Ghost