[PP-F1] Being Normal

Jade smiled weakly, it wasn't a real smile, it was a mask that hide her worry. Enna thanked her for the hug. What was it that people say when they are thanked? She contemplated. Oh, right! "Y-your welcome..." Jade listened carefully as Enna went on. She sighed when he said "...meet once outside of this game..." She didn't think there was an escape, she thought this is what her life had lead up to, a dead end in a video game that probably killed the entire industry for future VRMMO company's. But one word, a single word, broke her concentration. "...a date or two by now." Jade was only half listening at that point, preoccupied keeping her thoughts at bay. "W-what did you s-say?" Jade asked for clarification, her face starting to turn red. She stared down Enna's infectious smiled, resisting the temptation to smile herself. She was to nervous to smile at the moment. 
@Ennakai

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Enna looked at Ghost as they asked for clarification about what they said and Enna thought a bit back to what they said, "I thought you heard me, A date. You know what that is right, were two people go for dinner with each other, to know each other better," Enna said holding his finger to his chin to think a bit, "A bit Like this I would say, If you want you can ask me a question and then I ask you a question," Enna said smiling wanting to get a better look on Ghost and her personality. This was more of Enna's thing to get information about people and they did like a good story as well, The more you know a person the better you could be there for them at hard times. "But I would say one thing, Something Like this can be seen as a D-A-T-A  for sure, Just missing the food and drinks, that is all," Enna said a bit teasing way, before realizing what he did, "Sorry Teased a bit there, I normally tease people for fun," Enna said smiling trying to make it sound normal for Enna to tease people. "I give you permission to Hit me if I tease you Jade, But only you can hit me if I tease okay!" Enna said holding out his arm to suspect to be hit by Ghost.

@Ghost

Isn’t a date supposed to be when two star crossed lovers do stuff together romantically? Jade was confused. The way Enna is making it sound is like a simple get together but with food, does he even known what the word “date” means? Jade stayed silent, unsure of what to say. She was both confused and nervous, which is never a good position to find yourself in. She felt like she was playing a game but she didn’t know the rules. Jade’s face turned red as he teased her, she laughed nervously. “Hehe… I-I wouldn’t, put it quite like that.” Jade said, looking away shyly. “I-I mean, a date is for p-people invested in e-each other, romantically a-and, we’re not…” Jade continued, hoping he would catch onto what she was saying. “E-even then, a date isn’t just dinner, it can be anything really, as long as the couple do it together. So technically in the right circumstances, this can be considered a dat-” Jade cut herself off. What am I saying? This isn’t a date at all! Jade’s face turned bright red. “H-hit you?” Jade asked. “Why would I?” Jade said, tilting her head for a moment. Not only that, she didn’t want the icon above her head to turn orange just because someone literally asked for it.

@Ennakai

Enna started laughing as Ghost tried to explain to him what, a date was and when Ghost was about to miss spoke he smiled and finished her words, "Considered a Date," Enna said in a teasing way before falling over from laughing. He stopped and looked up to the tree again, "You can hit me if I tease you too much, I tease quite a lot so just a warning I don't have my limits on teasing," Enna said smiling putting his hand in the air and making a fist of it, "I tease people who are easy to tease, meaning everyone for me," He said sitting up from the ground and looking at Ghost Thinking of something to say, "hey... Jade you know I'm for sure at least 2 years older than you, I'm probely around 20 years old by now. I was 18 when I loaded into the game by now two years have passed at least for us. So are you sure you want to date an older person than you," Enna said smiling trying to get a bit of tease off as well.

@Ghost

Jade attempted to hide herself underneath her hair, using it as a form of curtain. "...H-hey, that's n-not funny..." Jade listened to Enna go on about teasing. He must be quite the handful with friends. "I'm nineteen..." Jade began, she took a few breaths. "...and I-I don't know If I want to, d-date, anyone. I-I don't think I k-know how to love after what I-I've been through." Jade said, her voice serious. "I-I just. I don't know..." Jade was at a lost, she didn't know what to say from here, she just sat there and contemplated. Enna wants to be a... Jade thought to herself. But, what good is a couple if one of them doesn't know how to love anymore. She closed her eyes and took a few deep breaths, when she opened her eyes again, they were watery, almost like she was about to cry. Both choices, saying yes and no, both had negative outcomes. If she said yes, they would go along together, maybe she could at least make Enna feel happy? If she said no, she wouldn't get close to Enna and if Jade died, It wouldn't bother Enna as much if they were together. This was a difficult choice for Jade to make, she wanted to go with him, but she didn't want to hurt him if something happened to her. "W-why does this have to be so hard..."

@Ennakai

Enna nodded with agreement, "If you don't want to date then let's not, I'm not the type to be claimed by things like that I like to be free and trust me. I'm nowhere near a good guy, I'm a snake. That likes to tease people with everything I can, be it either Emotions or just one word. So no worry about needing to say, Oi Enna I sure want to date, Because what does it get us... I benefit from nothing just having you close. I care about having Information and well small things who don't care. Love is not a written thing In my books as I never truly felt that I loved someone," Enna said being a bit hard on his words. He looks at Ghost and just tilts his head, "Then don't make a choice, I would not benefit from being a Couple, I'm Just making sure as much people survive with my information I get out, maybe make some people on the sideline to help me and well you look great doing that. You want to make people happy, then join me in being an info broker or even being my help in getting information, I would like to have you gather information alongside me, Just as friends nothing more," Enna said sounding quite a bit blunt with his words.

@Ghost

Jade sighed, almost relieved she didn’t have to make that kind of decision. Jade could almost relate to some of the things he said. “Indeed… I haven’t felt love either.” Jade frowned, nor has she been loved by anyone, even by her family. Jade continued to listen, intrigued. She didn’t really like to draw attention to herself, in any form. “I don’t know… It just seems like, a lot of work…” Jade didn’t like doing things she wasn’t interested in if it took to much effort. "...but the friends thing sounds nice." Jade commented, curling her hair around her finger. She opened her menu and pulled out a drink. She wasn't sure what it was, all she knew about it was it was sugary and sweet. Jade began slowly sipping it down. "As an info broker, would you have to talk to people a lot?" Jade asked, she sounded concerned, she usually wasn't very good at talking to people. She knew more about space then she did about other people work. To Jade, people were, strange and unpredictable, though sometimes by chance, she knew a few topics that they had mentioned. Jade finished her drink and opened her menu, pulling out a small booklet, about the size of a piece of folded printer paper. She pulled out a fancy pen and began jotting stuff down.

@Ennakai

Enna nodded a bit along but on the last question Enna nodded No to Ghost, "It is up to you, You can be a silent Info Broker Or even a Hidden Info Broker. A Silent Info broker just gives Information as is a bit more knowledge but not much as it is just info you ask for. Hidden Info Brokers are just out of view just placing papers at a sigh or something like that. It is mostly up to you But if you work with me I can handle all the talking," Enna said to Ghost with a smile before opening his notebook again showing her a bit of his work. Showing the drawing of an NPC that looked like an elven commander for sure. "This is an Elven commander from floor 3 they are part of a bigger quest that can be seen from two sides. It is worth talking to NPC's as well they give more info about things if you ask of Dialog. So mostly talk with NPC's fewer humans," Enna informed her slipping some of the pages, to an over few from ruins from a town, "This is on floor one around here, it would be over to the west past the forest there, I went there first thing ever did, But like I said I like talking and meeting people but I bring Info in two ways, With face to face and by my book Like this one," Enna said pointing at the book he gave Ghost before.

@Ghost

• 1 month later...

Jade gave it some thought before speaking. "I don't think being a broker is for me." Jade said sorrowfully. "Sorry, I just, don't think I'll be any good, just like always." She said, she then forced herself to smile. "Though I do love the information you've given me, it'll help me out a ton." Oh yeah, speaking of books. "I try to write stuff, too." Jade said, she rummaged through her inventory before pulling out a small leather book. "Usually, I just look around my environment and try to create something catch, but most of them are really silly." She laughed nervously. She folded the small book to show a specific page, titled "Jade is Green" below that read:

Jade is green,
the sky is blue,
bark is breen,
but I’d bet you knew,
that there is no color called breen.
This poem is random and silly,
and I really really don’t like chili.

Her face was bright red. "So... W-what do you think?" She asked quietly. 

@Ennakai

Listening to what Ghost was saying Enna smiled a bit, "well Some people are not cut for somethings, But all pieces fit somewhere, so no worry you find your place." As Enna said that he looked as Jade got out a thing she was not really fun of herself it seemed like, Listening to the words Enna smiled a bit, it was really quite funny and as Jade said the last sentence Enna did not hold back and laughed a bit as Jade asked him what she thought about the poem. Thinking a bit Enna smiled at Jade, "Well let's see. Roses are red, Violets are blue, You have quite the nice attribute, But that poem it also really Cute. It is quite a special one for sure, But it is cute." Enna said without any regrets to what he said knowing jade would react to the word Cute Enna used there. "If you really don't like Chilli Maybe I can cook you up some nice Curry, Trust me I'm quite good at making it, lived in a doom and peeps always ask me to cook for them," Enna said joyful taking out a small bag and out of the bag they got a lollypop and giving it to Jade, "Here, talking about food made me hungry now, maybe I should have accepted that sandwich you had just a moment ago," Enna said with a laugh waiting for Jade to accept the Lollipop.

@Ghost

• 1 month later...

[OOC: And thus starts my slow return.]

Jade nodded, more out of instinct then out of acceptance. She didn't feel the same way Enna did, in fact, Jade felt the exact opposite. She felt as if she didn't belong anywhere. Jade's face turned a bright red as he read her short poem, and when Enna laughed, Jade felt embarrassment, genuine and pure embarrassment. "I-I... I..." Jade stuttered, unable to speak. Why did I show him that. Jade asked herself. I'm an idiot, that's why. "I-I'm not-t that good..." Jade was surprised at his response. His own short poem. "Hehehe..." Jade laughed nervously, her face still a bright red. "I-It's not really... I-I was just b-brainstorming and trying to r-rhyme words." Jade spoke softly. "You can c-cook? I can't, last time i-it ended with me trying to m-make cookie dough. But I ended w-with something as e-edible as play dough." Jade sighed, looking down at the ground. "I can't do anything right..." She mumbled. Jade stared at the lollipop.Jade giggled quietly as she reached slowly for the sugary treat, taking it. She eyed it, before looking at Enna, making a small smile, then putting it in her mouth.

@Ennakai

Enna smiled, it was something, for the first time he felt good being Enna and not being the one that was tricking people and stuff, "If you want, I can cook for you Jade, I promise to you I will cook something for you, someday, and don't look so down, U made a friend, you always have something u good at but sometimes its not right there in the hand, The only thing I can do In this game is getting information from people, I'm not that good at Crafting at all." Enna said putting his hand on Jade's hand, "Just look up at things, I will support you in every way I can, U showed me something special today for sure, It's not about who we are from the outside, But also who we are from the inside," Enna said with a smile on his face trying to cheer up the face Jade was pulling off, "I promise, I will follow you everywhere, all you have to do is just ask, we are here for each other, two miss fits," Enna said smiling to Jade.

@Ghost

Jade nodded. “I-I’d like that.” She spoke with a soft smile, the redness slowly fading, though it returned as Enna went on. Jade looked to her right, partially nervous, then flinching when Enna’s hand connected with hers. Physical contact wasn’t something happens under normal circumstances, at least with her. She was used to being hurt, being broken. But what Enna did, it felt, different. Once Enna finished Jade smile nervously, she then looked down and moved a stray strand of hair away. Jade wanted to retract her hand, but, something about it was, unusual. She felt, strange. She wasn’t sure what she was feeling, but it was a pleasant, warm, and comforting. But at the same time, it felt anxious. She sighed, slouching against the tree’s trunk, pulling her hand away in the process. “Y-you know... “ Jade began, putting her hands in her lap. “I-I’m, I-I... Hold on… Let me think of the right words...” Jade paused, closing her eyes, taking a deep breath, then exhaling, then opening her eyes again. “Thank you.”

@Ennakai

Enna gave a big smile to Jade as she was trying to get on the right words, Somehow as Enna placed his hand on hers he kind of felt warm glow, something he never really felt in most of his life. It was weird but still good to feel and no matter what is going to happen after this Enna won't forget this soon as it felt nice to just be themselves without any lies. As then Jade got to the word Enna nodded, "Well, your welcome Jade... U... U mind if I sit next to you?" Enna askes Jade as he kind of still was sitting across her on his knees. Somehow Enna felt a bit uncomfortable  to ask this but got himself into the mood to ask anyway, It was something he "If you don't mind of course," He said fast looking down to the ground trying to hide his face a bit as he did so the wind blew his hair to the side a bit. Grabbing it and putting it into a ponytail hanging over his shoulder.

@Ghost