[PP-F1] Being Normal

The sun's rays shimmered over the trees, the wind soft but present. Causing the leaves to move in a hypnotic pattern as they tried to pull away from the branches. Jade walked down the dirt path leading to her quiet place. She didn't own it, it was just so isolated, that she thought no one would find it. She made a swift ninety degree turn off the path and into the underbrush. She continued this direction for a little while until she came across clearing, it was a small hill with short grass, and a tree at the very top. Jade got out a checkered blanket and laid it down. She sat down on the blanket, her back against the tree and began reading a book. "I wish I had a normal life..." She said outloud, which she tends to do when she thinks she is alone. "...just like the characters." Jade continued, enving the book she was reading. She looked up from the book and let out a long sigh, then resuming reading the book.

@Ennakai

Edited by Ghost
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Enna was outside of floor 1 getting some materials, She was not having much luck on the floor. the forest she was in was quite nice to be in and she had a good time yet felt like something was missing, And then it came to her, hearing movement and she went to the ground, Looking up again as the sound passed Enna spotted the person that was walking around, Bingo, found what was missing, Time to sneak, Enna thought, moving slowly behind the girl. Following the girl, she seemed to get to a clearing with a tree on a hill. Enna wanted to surprise the girl a bit so she went around behind the tree. Once Enna saw that the girl was reading Enna got interested and moved up behind the tree, Once close she could hear her and she moved into the tree. Slowly and quiet moving up the tree once she was above the girl as she was reading, Enna tried to think of the first words to say and went with her normal way off saying Hello and going a nice greeting. "Hey there!" She said from above from out of the tree, First it was a bit unclear was the voice of Enna came from. "What you reading there," Enna said as she ended handing from the branch right above the girl, upside down Enna was holding on to her clothing a bit making sure it was not falling down, but her long, dark purple hair was affected by gravity and was hanging down.

Jade heard a noise come from what she thought was behind her, she stopped reading, placing a leaf in between the pages as a temporary bookmark, and closed it. She turned around where she was sitting, nothing behind her.  Jade assumed it was nothing, and turned around again, girl with purple hair hung upside down in front of her, herlong purple hair pulled down, touching the top of Jade's knees. "Hey there!" She said. "What you reading there?" The girl continued. Jade was shocked, also startled. "Eek!" She said out of instinct, throwing her book at the girl. "O-oh! I-I'm so s-sorry, you s-scared me!" Jade said nervously. "I-I didn't m-mean to! Are y-you ok?" Jade reached for her book then pulled it back to her chest. "H-How long w-were you up, up t-there?" Jade looked to the girls right, she was to nervous to make eye contact, so she looked to her right. "T-To answer your previous question, I'm reading a s-story, about a group of friends..." Her voice sounded determined.

@Ennakai

Edited by Ghost

Enna smiled but then as she got the book threw at her she fell front the tree and landed next to the girl right onto her head. It was for the first time someone did hit Enna as the greeted, first time is a thing sure it was not a surprise at all but still. Enna moved up sitting to her knees giving the girl a smile, "sorry, Nah, I deserve every part of that reaction," Enna said wanting to give the book to the girl but it seemed she was a bit faster with that part. To answer her second and third question Enna pulled her hair back and looked at the girl, sure she was who she was reacting like that. "I ... well not long heard you move around in the woods over there, so I thought saying Hi..." she paused a bit "on my way of course, sorry for scaring you, in fact, your the first one to pull something like that off, so I kind of was not prepared. And I'm fine," Enna said to the girl. The girl told about her book a bit that is was about a group of friends and this got her a bit interested, " ooh and what are the friends doing, going on an adventure, traveling?" Enna said sounding quite curious.

@Ghost

After hearing the girls reaction, Jade felt kinda bad. "N-No, it was m-me. I shouldn't have t-thrown my book..." Jade looked down at the book, which she was holding to her chest like it was protecting her. "I s-shouldn't have reacted the way I did." She looked back up at the girl. 

"Saying... Hi? Yes..." Jades concerned expression changed to releif. "...hi." She continued, she closed her eyes and let out a sigh. "...ok, greetings. I'm Ghost. Y-You?"

"I-I'm still very sorry, I didn't mean to, here, let me make i-it up to you." Jade said, opening her menu and seconds later, materialising a tasty looking sandwich. "H-Here, as an apology." She held out the sandwich with one hand.

She pulls the book away from herself and looks at the book's front cover. "Well, so far it's about a group of friends who are exploring the vast floors of Aincrad. I'm pretty sure it's just lore though. So far there is a total of three people. They went from the first floor to the ninth in just a week, imagine that! They fought off all kinds of challenges like, oh, did I mention the Blue Aces? Its a really cool guild in the plot. Oh I forgot to tell you the characters! There is Riot, he is a shoot first ask questions later kind of guy, Quin, she is the calm collecive smart one, and-"Jade glaces at the girl when she realised something. "Ah!" Jade coils up with the book on her chest and her arms folded around it, her face red. "I-I ... I didn't mean to rant!"

@Ennakai

Edited by Ghost

It was kind of worried a bit and felt even sorry, Why was the girl saying sorry to Enna, It was Enna who should be sorry. "No, No, No Look No damage here," She said showing the girl her stats, as the girl would look you could see the Weapon she was using as a small symbol of dagger was seen, And the girls Level being Level 7 including her HP, Damage, and Main Skill being Dagger Sword Art, Not only that there was also her Name being Ennakai. Enna gave a smile as the girl introduced herself, "Okay... See we got off with the wrong foot, So Hi, again I'm Ennakai, So E-N-N-A-K-A-I and you say it like En-Na-Ka-i Or just Enna."

She let out a sigh, as the girl still left sorry for throwing her book, "Why are you sorry, you know what they say, Action Reaction, I'm a bit off a tester in that," As she got out a sandwich for her Enna could not resist to feel sorry for the girl because she is the one doing this, "I won't accept that, I have something better," Enna opened her inventory and got out a book and what looked to be a card or something. Handing that over it seemed to be a book called 'Info around  Floor 1 and its Lore' Written by your trustiest Ennakai. and on the Card stood, a Name of a shop called the Frozen Gemstone On floor 4, Artisan at work owned by Ennakai, "That book is just a gift because you seem to like books, The card is a ticket to pay less at my shop for one order. So meaning You come by order 2 items and get half price for both, Or get 1 that is also good," Enna said placing the Book and the Card next to Ghost.

As then Ghost started talking about the book she was reading, Enna was getting quite interested in the book that Ghost told about, ooh that sounds awesome, That Quin girl sounds like that blond Woman with Highlights, but Enna's thought was stopped as Ghost seemed to stop as well. "Oh No, No No No, Please don't stop, You don't rant at all. I liked the story." Enna said sounding quite hyped to hear more, Well true it was like this always this when it was about books or stories Enna like those type of things.

@Ghost

"You're really ok?" Jade said skeptically. "I-I mean, I did throw a book at you, and made you fall." Jade listened closely to the girl, who introduced herself as Ennkai. "Ok, that seems fine."Jade said, her hand on her chin. "Hello Enna, I'm J- Er, I mean Ghost." She said with a weak smile. 

"Hmm?" Jade said, putting the sandwich back in her inventory. "O-oh!" Jade admired the cover of the book. "I'll be sure to visit." Jade said with a smile, examining the book. 

"Really? I-It was ok? Alright, here it goes..." Jade closed her eyes and took a deep breath. "...If you want me to stop, you might need to, shake me out of it... So... Where do you want me to start?" Jade said, quickly skimming the pages of the book for detail, up untill the leaf she was using as a bookmark, she didn't want to spoil anything for herself.

@Ennakai

Edited by Ghost

Enna smiled as Ghost asked were to start, "How about the beginning so I get more interested by the characters and the story itself, Maybe I get some Ideas for my guidebooks, I just finished my book on floor 1, you are the first person to have it in their hands," Enna said waiting for Ghost to start speaking about the book she was reading. So far the story sounded good and the characters made an interesting group, Just like the one new guild that popped up, A mute, A big heart monster, A Mother type, and the hyperactive teaser, what was their names again, who cares I know their guild name that is all I need, for now, Enna thought. Enna started to relax still sitting on her knees next to Ghost, It was not for Enna Ghost would have been here alone and unprotected, as Enna always kept a close eye on everything having a something called Lookout Skill, well at least something like that. So Sneaking up on Enna without the skill that allows you to sneak it would be hard.

@Ghost

“...and so they had to fight the red players off. But what Quin didn’t expect was to see her long lost friend, previously thought to be dead, with a red icon above her head. That’s when the group started falling apart. Because their strategist, Quin, lost it and started crying, leaving the others to make their own choices. Their tank started getting pummeled and had to be saved by Riot, who charged the red players. The healer didn’t know what to do, so he started trying something different by battling and healing at the same time, he ran out of energy way to quickly and had to fall back, and Quin was in the back on her knees, trying to comprehend why her best friend was with the bad guys. Luckily no one was kill, they all managed to use their teleport crystals to get out.” Jade stopped. “Hey, Enna, there, there aren’t people like that anymore, right?” Jade braced for bad news.

@Ennakai

Edited by Ghost

Enna was listening to what Ghost was telling, It sounded like something like this really happened, maybe the writer of the story was still around and Enna could as them about the story.  It was quite a sad story to hear how someone's best friend got turned into a killer, maybe it was because she was tricked or something convinced her Killing in the game did not kill people in real life, yes there were people who did that sadly. Then a question came to Enna, one she did not like answering as she kind of knew a bit too much about this topic, Not because she is a Green player for a red guild or something, no she gets Information from people, sometimes that maybe are in touch with Orange players.

Enna let out a sigh, Ghost told Enna about the book, and Enna just fell like giving back something, "Well... I'm sorry to say, yes. Yes, there are people like that, Sometimes they work together and sometimes they work alone small and big groups. The biggest group is Laughing Coffin, They tell lies about Killing in the game does not kill outside game, and trick people into killing other players. Orange Players are they known as, they did something to get the Orange cursor above their head, like stealing, killing and much more. Nowadays they are quiet, but they are around. Some are in the frontlines as well."

Pausing for a second until starting again, "But no worry, They are being looked at 24/7, met some Orange players myself sadly, not the friendliest people. most of them are like me, Hiding from people meeting people one to one, and then attacking when the best time comes out," Enna said then just realizing that she did say, "Not that I'm working for them, I'm an info Broken, I get all this information placed in front off me, I try to make sure things don't go wrong, Like, Um there was a player who made a false rumor that you would get extra loot very strong loot if you defeated a floor boss on floor 10 or even 8, Much too high for the lower players. I got that message out that it was all just fake after getting the right information," Enna said quite not wanting to scare off ghost.

@Ghost

• 2 months later...

Jades eyes widened as the Ennakai made a connection between herself and player killers. Immediately realizing what she said, Ennakai tried to explain. "Hehe..." Jade laughed nervously as she explained she was an info broker. "That sounds like an interesting role. What's it like?" Jade closed her book. The wind blew through the forest, leaving her with a slight chill and a curiosity, she opened up her menu, retrieving a small gray fuzzy blanket to cover herself, looking at the girl across from her then back to the blanket surrounding Jade, who started to feel bad. "Do you want one? I believe I have an extra." Though the tone of her voice implied: I have an extra, take it. "I wish I had more to tell you about Forsaken Memory, but that's all I've read through so far. Even then this is the third volume, and I don't want to skim two seven hundred paged books." [OOC: Don't actually look that up, its not a real book.]

@Ennakai

Enna felt a bit bad for what she said making a small connection between themselves and players killers and looked how Ghost reacted to it, Enna was looking for a way to redo their words but fail to do so before the next question was asked. It was an easy one to answer for sure, "Well Info Brokers make sure that things in the game get known to most people, Some tell it to the frontliners for money and others give it away for free, and I well I write it into a book and make a documentary about it. Tho my level does not say much I still can get to the higher floor without any trouble at all, handy to have contacts in Guilds and the frontlines. Everywhere I go people will be like do I know you and stuff, Yet true they know my work and what I do. I don't like to be in the spotlight But I do love myself some attention and praise from time to time. I do not want to be the hero of the story but I do love to tell the story about the hero, If you know what I'm saying," Enna said with a smile as the wind blows by a bit. Enna's Long hair moves on the win quite a bit and it was sure to see how long it was now, Grabbing their hair and putting it into a ponytail and holding it over their shoulders before smiling to Ghost, "I like the offer but I can handle myself with this, I come from a part from Japan where the wind is quite a bit colder than normal," Enna said smiling before looking to the ground thinking about some smaller things.

It was a wonder that a scared looking girl like Ghost was getting so talkative by just getting into things she likes it was just like Enna's friend from the city a girl with two colored eyes and well a gamer at hard who seemed to not want to talk to anyone, Also the first person Enna felt in love with. "You remind me of an old friend, And I think you have a good reason to be the way you are... I would love to speak with you a lot more for sure, Let me tell you something before I get into trouble with things later on as well last time it made that old friend run away, She was a kind person and well I loved her for it, so I really don't want you to start being scared of me or hate me for things I say to lets get this off my chest," Enna said "Promise not to laugh Run or panic attack Okay!" Enna asked nicely to her.

@Ghost

"No, I understand. Sometimes its just better to be the narrator." Jade spoke calmly, her eyes cloudy for a moment. She thought about the sentence for a few seconds longer before snapping back into reality. Jade's eyes widened when Enna said "...and I think you have a good reason to be the way you are." Does she know what's wrong with me? She shook her head, refusing to accept that this girl she had just met knew any of her problems. "S-Sorry... I got a bit of a headache... You were saying?" She said, this was her best excuse she managed to assemble off the top of her head.

The last time she heard that line was when she was watching video's alone in her room and a guy was wearing a dress in a video game, he then said "Don't laugh, this gives me poison resistance". So as you can imagine, hearing that made her snicker a little. But Jade was now curious more then anything. "Why would I run? Or walk away from a conversation like this for that matter?" Jade asked. "I love stories. I wouldn't leave now unless I get the story I was promised." A real smile formed on her face. "Plus, I'm rather curious, what is it?"

@Ennakai

Enna laughed a bit as Ghost said she would not run away from a story and Enna smiled happily, "Okay, You promised it then so don't, Or I will give chase," Enna said with a smile before opening their menu and opening their stats. Enna turned it around showing it to Ghost, As Ghost could see Ennakai's Name, Level, HP and And more, but also a small glitch where the gender needed to be as it was a boy's sign and not female at all. "You see that It is very simple, As you know everyone in the game looks like themselves in real life, I do as well. This is my real look, yes my hair is this long really I like it, feels free and stuff. But that is not a glitch at all as I'm a guy, just dressed as a girl. It is not something special I do it in real life as well but without the dresses and stuff. Yep, my voice sounds more feminine for sure but I'm really a guy who just likes to dress and act like a girl... Bit of a trickster I would say myself." Enna smiled happy waiting to see what Ghost was going to say and well wanting to see what she would say to him, "Ooh second note, Just please treat me like any other, I don't mind anymore, I did when I was younger, But please treat me like a normal girl I like it that way anyhow." Enna said sounding more serious in his voice at the moment.

It was something not many people knew in the game as most believed Enna was a girl and well that was made stronger on how they acted and all. Enna did like it however getting the attention from people and being cared for, it would be less if they were clearly a guy for sure and well he would be happy to if people cared for how he was now or how he wants to be. He was happy with his body just needed a bit of care more than other guys for sure.

@Ghost

Jade listened carefully, at first her reaction was playful, she didn't believe him. Then she realized the he in fact was being serious. She looked confused and perplexed trying to understand. He's a guy? Jade looked at him again, as if to confirm that who she meet really was a guy. Then her face turned red. "I-I..." She sunk into the blanket, hiding in it like a turtles shell, her eyes still visible. "...I don't know how to r-respond." She paused. "I figured it would be something big, but I didn't know it was something like that..." She raised her head out of her "shell". "At the very least I know why your friend ran away now." Jade paused, still processing what Enna said. "I'd still like to hear the story..." Jade asked. "...I-If you don't mind." Jade then thought to herself. The last time someone told them something like this about them, was a few months ago, and even then she told them something dark about her in return. Where are they now? Gone. They ran away, or at least Jade hoped they did, they could be dead. Should she tell Enna in return?

@Ennakai

Edited by Ghost

Enna starts a small giggle as Ghost hides her face under the blanket a bit and Enna let her be as it was quite cute to see this as the girl was quite surprised, "No worry, a Reaction is not needed. Just your own mind and all. Nothing big in my words but maybe for others." Smiling as Ghost seemed to be still interested in hearing the story. Enna lets out a sigh and smiled, "Sure why not I can share this with you. Simple way, Real name is Enna as well.  A small problem done when I was born, My parents needed to give a name before I was born and the doctor said I was a girl. So I was official born as Enna. Later my years I grew my hair because I make me feel free and all, I like it. I started acting like a girl as everyone did treat me like one at the moment. I met this girl with brown hair and well one yellow eye and one blue eye, quite a nice person, Knew her for well 5 years a bit like you minding her own business and acting like you when people talked." He said starting to make circles on the ground feeling a bit nervous to talk about it, but always better to talk about it.

"Well, She then wanted to help me with some clothing and walked into my room, where she found out that I was a guy and she ran out, After that, I never seen her again. Rumour was that she moved away with her parents but I still saw her Parents every day." Enna said with a kind of sad look on their face until he smiled again, "But that is the past now, I do this now and things are quite normal for things here... So far," Enna said smiling.

@Ghost

"That's so tragic..." She said sorrowfully. "People can be mean and unforgiving..." Thinking about Ennakai's past and trying to make a relation between his and hers. Sorrow flashed in her eyes for a moment as she thought about her life and what it has come to. Ok. She thought to herself. If he had the courage to share something like that to a complete stranger, then I should be able to share something like that too. She began debating in her mind whether or not she should tell him. "Hey... I have a story." She blurted out before she could finish thinking about her decision. "Mine is a little sad..." She continued, taking in a deep breath. The leaves blew around her, the birds stopped chirping in the trees. The leaves that were still attached to the tree's swayed delicately. "D-do, do you want to hear it?"

@Ennakai

Edited by Ghost

Enna Nodded to Ghost, It was nice to hear she was understanding it quite easy it was a wonder how people where it been quite easy to tell but Enna knew something was going to change later or sooner about him and the things he normally did. He then listens to Ghost and smiled happily, "I don't push you, that is mean, But If you want to, go ahead I would love to here, I will allow you to come before me, Maybe if you want you can use my shoulder to lean on." He said with a smile and waiting to hear what Ghost had to say, "People say mostly Guys don't understand But I do understand feelings so if you want to tell go ahead. I really don't want to make you tell but if you are up to it you can tell, but If not I will allow you to just say nothing and I could tell you about the game a bit more," Enna said getting out a small notepad and smiling taking a few pages as some drawings where seen with many locations.

Enna was not sure what to hear, maybe a story about how she lost her parents or how she lost her best friend in the game. Maybe something about having lost about people or being never loved by others it was really something to hear but Enna never wants to hear the sad stories but he would be happy to be the one to keep them away from the people who get sad from them. Enna never truly knew anything about lost as Enna was quite loved by most people and on his school even being an outstanding guy on an all guys school.

@Ghost

Jade looked hesitant at the idea of leaning on Enna's shoulder, and insisted on staying where she was. "You can understand?" Jade asked. "Do you understand why I, I tried to... I-I tried to k... I tried..." Jade paused, taking a deep breath, closing her eyes, then exhaling. "I tried to kill myself..."  She finished, folding her arms under the blanket. This felt like a burden lifted off of her chest. "Ever since I got here... I've been slowly losing myself to this world. Sometimes I look in the mirror and don't know what's staring back at me. I feel unwelcome and unwanted. I just wanted to fade away. About a week after getting trapped, I planned to walk up to a monster and just let it kill me. For some reason, I couldn't do it. I'm a coward." Jade continued, sorrow in her voice. "I just want out so badly. If someone else hadn't shown up, I wouldn't be here right now." Jade sighed. "That's just one story I hold."

@Ennakai

Edited by Ghost

Enna did not look surprised at all as Ghost told him that she wanted to end it all. She was truly not the only person Enna knew that wanted to do this, his good friend in the game was quite suicidal after his brother and friends died. And somehow He got back just by hanging out with him, maybe Ghost needed someone as well who cared. Enna laid his hand on Ghost shoulder, and smiled happily, "I don't see any coward around here, I think I'm a bit blind here maybe I need to buy some glasses I don't know. Only thing I see is a brave carefree person who was sitting here and reading a book. No coward would go into the wild and read without watching around them, Only Brave and bold people would do something so risky," Enna said with a smile before sitting closer to Ghost and laying his arm around her shoulders, "I would say you are one brave girl, Get the advice from someone older than you. And trust me when I say older, I was 18 when the game started." Enna said with a giggle, "How about a deal, I will let you in on fun stories If you find a group you feel wanted, ALSO! you will have to speak with me from time to time, I like you Ghost you're a person who needs attention just like me," Enna said smiling happily.

Enna sighed a bit before looking into de distance, "I always have been someone to push people away without noticing it myself. Don't become me, or do if you want to tease a lot of people. But no jokes I would not like to see your name on the monument of Life, and saying killed by gravity or so. If that happens I will never forgive you for it, And I will never forget you as well. Promise me one thing Ghost, Keep the high spirit and I will tell you more lovely stories and even give you first deeps on my new floor books to make sure you keep up to date." Enna said holding out his hand waiting for Ghost to pinky swear to it.

@Ghost