[SP-F1] 《Earn a Living》

It was oddly quiet and foggy, the suns rays still able to reach the ground, leaving a magical sight to those who search. Jade walked the trail in hopes of finding something to do, a voice broke the eerie silence. "Hello Dear, I see you are in need of a profession, may I interest you in Alchemy?" Jade turned to see a old woman, she was smiling sweetly and left the tent Jade completely missed, a small vial of rainbow colored liquid pulsating in the woman's hand. "A-Are, Are you talking to me?" Jade asked. "Now, I know it may seem very sciencey and scary, but I believe you can do it! And I hope you feel the same way." The woman signalled Jade to follow her into the tent, out of curiousity, Jade followed. Inside were a large amount of alchemy devices and vials, the woman moved from shelf to table to shelf, she looked like she knew what she was doing. "Now, I can teach you all about it sweety, but I seem to have ran out of some of my precious materials to give you a how-to on crafting, would you be a dear and run off to get me some? I think all I need is five, and I can help you on your way!" The woman smiled a sweet smile, she seemed to be happy someone wants to follow in on her profession. "Um, ok..." Jade said, finally acknowledging that the woman was an NPC. "...I'll be back in a little while." Jade walked outside, looking for anything that looks like a material. "Is that a... No, it's not..." Jade said to herself, thinking a small white flower was a material. 

0/5 Materials

Spoiler

ID# 108374 results:

Battle: 3

Craft: 9

Loot: 9

MOB: 7

Edited by Ghost

Jade walked away from the tent, thinking about her current situation. She somehow got pulled into this quest. She continued walking around in the woods for something that could be considered a "teir one material". She remember a game she use to have where they were plants you could harvest for materials to make cloth and such, maybe this game had a similar feature? She came to a odd looking tree, it looked like it was dead, but it was upright, a large amount of strangely colored moss grew on the trees bark. "What's this?" She examined it closely. She was about to touch it when a menu popped up. "It's, it's a material?" She said, bewildered by this discovery. "Purple Moss... I guess that's something to look for. Now how do I..." At the bottom of the menu, a "Collect" button stood out with white font and a blue background. She clicked it, the moss flowed for a second, shrinking, then stoped flowing altogether. 
1/5 Materials

Spoiler

[OOC: I hope I'm doing this right]

ID# 108371 results:

Battle: 6

Craft: 1

Loot: 17

MOB: 3

Edited by Ghost

She found a material so quickly, which made her feel enthusiastic. Along with the fact that she didn't have to manually collect the material. Touching strange discolored fungi, even in a virtual world, would probably lead to a horrible occurrence, which Jade was happy to avoid. "Ok, I just have to keep an eye on my surroundings for anything odd or abnormal. It's not that bad." Jade said, get vision obscured by the fog.  She resumed walking around, searching for anomalies in the environment. She walked for three minutes before she realized, she had been walking in circles the entire time. "Oh, I'll never find five at this rate." Jade said to herself, disappointment in her tone. She began walking back in the direction on the alchemy tent, ready to give up, but she was lost, she couldn't see through the fog. She kept walking for another two minutes and found her way back to the dead mossy tree.

1/5 Materials 

Spoiler

ID# 108372 results:

Battle: 4

Craft: 2

Loot: 2

Edited by Ghost

On her way she continued searching for Materials, but none were found. "Hello! Hello! Can someone help me! I'm lost!" Jade shouted into the fog, her hands cupped around her mouth. She lowered her arms and listened, nothing, just silence. Her shoulders dropped in disappointment, she let out a long sigh. She continued to walked aimlessly in the fog, with the objective of searching for Materials and a way out of the fog in mind. She passed the same tree over, and over, and over, and over again. Each time getting more frustrated with herself that she couldn't find some of that moss she saw earlier or a plant that can be fabricated into clothing, or a berry that can be used to make a powerful health potion that can cure the most deadly of poisons. She played video games to get away from the tall world, looks like the real world is getting into here. This is the first time Jade has ever been bored playing a video game.

1/5 Materials 

Spoiler

ID# 108373 results:

Craft: 9

Loot: 1

MOB: 6

Walking in circles was getting old, fast. And after not finding anything in ten minutes, Jade decided to take a rest. She layed down against a oak tree, its leaves swaying, not making a sounds, adding to the unsettling factor of this place. Jade had an idea, if she were to take a breather, and just not focus on anything for a little bit, maybe she might be able to find a material? It was worth a shot, since their wasn't very many options. She woke up, realising a lot of time has passed since she sat down. She then got off, and went on her way. Looking for Materials, if she could find any, would be a bonus to leaving this place. She continued her leisurely stroll for another three minutes before coming to a stop and looking around. She was in a small grass feild, from what she could tell.

1/5 Materials 

Spoiler

ID: 108375

Loot: 5

"Hmm? What's that?" Jade walked forward to view a oddly shaped white flower in the middle of the feild. She crouched down beside it. "Are you a-" Ghost reached out to it, a menu popped up with the item name in front of her. "Platinum Daisy? Why is it called that?" She reached down past the menu to touch it, it was hard as metal. "Wow, thats, new..." Jade tapped the "Collect" button with her right hand and the flower disappeared in a bright light. Jade got back to her feet. "Alright, that's two down, three to go." She began walking around and in a minute found herself back at the dead tree. "Ok, what other materials are there nearby? Maybe I should look for, berries? Those seen simple enough to find, there are bushes everywhere." She walked off into the fog, looking for a bush or previous materials, like the purple moss, or the platinum flower.

2/5

Spoiler

ID: 108380

Loot: 20

Jade continued to walk through the fog, everything was oddly silent still. Not sound, it was like the fog absorbed the noises around her, leaving nothing but the sounds of her footsteps and breathing. The eerie silence made her uncomfortable and paranoid, to the point of thinking she was being followed. She stopped for a minute to decide where she would turn next, noticing something shimmer in the fog. Reflecting the light. “Is that a…?” She approached, it was another platinum flower. She repeated the process to get the material: Crouch, tap, collect, tap, rise. She continued roaming through the fog. She felt uncomfortable with this newfound confidence, it was not normal for her. SHe didn't trust it. She made mistakes of being confident in her "friends" at her high school, for the future of her family, but worst of all, being confident in the doctor's abilities, the doctors that let her mother die.

3/5

Spoiler

ID 108384:

Loot: 17

Edited by Ghost

The fog began to lift, Jade could now make out her surroundings a little better. She was in a bowl made of stone, the the amount of materials she found were outstanding considering she didn't know what she was doing. She looked up and noticed another flower growing out of a small crack between the rock. It was far too high to grab. She came up with the idea of throwing her daggers at it. She got directly below it, and threw the dagger up. Miss. The dagger was pulled back down to the ground. She tried again, and again, and again, until finally, she got the dagger lodged in the crack. She got another and tossed it, again, and again, and again, until the dagger cell down WITH the flower, she collected the flower and set off for one last material. "This is new, the odds are turning in my favor." She told herself.

4/5

Spoiler

ID# 108467 results:

Battle: 10

Craft: 8

Loot: 20

MOB: 10

Edited by Ghost
  • 1 month later...

She began to look around, which was far easier to do when your vision is covered in a thick mist by the way. She noticed a cyan fruit hanging from a tall tree. She wanted it. She placed her foot between a branch and the base of the tree, acting as a foothold until she could find something more sturdy to support her. She grabbed the branch above her head and hoisted herself up, placing her hand in a new position to the right of her in a hole in the tree. That's when she felt it, a tingling sensation on her right hand. Looking over, she screamed, falling back off of the tree. "Get it off, get it off!" She shrieked running around in circles like she was being chased by a swarm of bees. She stopped and looked at her hand, it was gone, whatever that disgusting bug was, it was gone. She let out a sigh of relief, though unsettled and cautious, she would try a second time to get the material.

Spoiler

ID# 111010 results:

Battle: 7

Craft: 5

Loot: 1 | SUPER FAIL

MOB: 1

She looked for another solution to the problem, one that didn't involve climbing or calling a exterminator. She looked around, and decided to try and throw some rocks at it to knock it down. She tossed a small one, which hit, but didn't seem to affect the fruit in the slightest. She got another rock, and threw it with all the might her arms possessed, and missed... But, the last one hit the fruit in the dead center knocking it down and... getting stuck in another set of branches. She continued to toss rocks at the fruit, until, over five minutes later it fell from the tree. She quickly stuffed it into her inventory, then counted how many she had. "1, 2, 3, 4... I needed five right?" She asked herself. "Hmm... Yeah it was five." She placed her satchel over her back and began walking towards the old woman's tent, who by this point in time, Jade was pretty sure she was a witch.

5/5 OBJECTIVE COMPLETE

Spoiler

ID# 111011 results:

Battle: 8

Craft: 6

Loot: 15 | Success!

MOB: 3

[OOC: Can someone please tell me if I'm doing this right, because I'm going into foreign territory here.]

Jade returns to the old wit- woman and heads into the tent. The tent was set up over shelves of potions and alchemy equipment. Jade was guide by the old woman over to a table with equipment set up. "Ok... here goes nothing." He ground up all the materials, added a bit of strange liquid, and bam, five vials of odd contents. She grabbed two and mixed the two together, which resulted in the elixir exploding in her face. The tent was full of smoke and Jade started coughing violently. The old woman pulled on a chain, which opened a sky window in the ceiling, except there was no glass. The smoke cleared out surprisingly quick. "Its ok sweety, try again." Jade wheezed. "That's easy for you to say, you didn't just blow yourself up." Jade turned back to the table, taking a deep breath. Maybe it was like cooking? If the ingredients look good together, then they belong together? "Hmm... Maybe if I..."

Spoiler

ID# 111012 results:

Craft: 2 | FAIL

Loot: 18

Edited by Ghost

She grabbed a different vial and mixed it with another she had laying on the table to her left. It actually worked! Well kinda. "Ooh! I did It! What did I make?" She tapped on it. "I made another type of ingredient." She said, sounding truly disappointed. She shook the glowing blue elixir in her hand. Frustrated. "Come on, don't be like that sweety. Give it another try." Jade let out a long sigh before resuming what she was originally doing. Trying to make a potion out of stuff she literally just found on the ground. She stood there deciding what to TRY and create next, which she was afraid would either be a failure or a disaster ending in an explosion. Or death, but the old woman assured her that they "would not kill you if they exploded". So she tried to keep that in mind, but she honestly wouldn't care if her life was ended in a witch's tent, its be a great thing to have on her tombstone.

Spoiler

ID# 111025 results:

Battle: 3

Craft: 9 | SCAVENGE

Loot: 18

MOB: 10

Edited by Ghost

Jade went up to the woman. "Hey, I'm starting to think alchemy isn't for me."  The woman frowned. "Oh please, alchemy is for everyone." She looked she was about to present something to a group of businessmen. "You just need to keep trying dear." Jade let out a sigh, maybe if she does it she can leave faster without feeling guilty about it, dispute knowing the woman is an NPC. She felt a desire to get this done, and realized it was because this profession she was earning, it could be just the self-esteem boost she needed to get to know new people. With this new and sudden determination, she went back to the alchemy bench. She was unsure of what she was going to mix, and unsure if it would backfire like one of her previous attempts. She also was concerned that she would run out of materials. So she proceeded with caution.

Edited by Ghost

She began mixing the ingredients randomly, not caring if it were to explode again, she was to determined for that. She now had lots of things to look forwards to when she was done, and couldn't wait. She began thinking, what if she were to open a shop? She isn't very good with people, so she would have to find some way around that. Maybe by just having order forms? That might work. That way she can just look at the order forms and avoid talking to anyone altogether. She thought about these concepts carefully, it was a great way to earn income. But it would mean she might be repeating the same daily processes over and over again. That's something she really wanted to avoid, because that could easily drive her crazy. She continued mixing away swiftly, her sudden change in behavior would be odd to anyone who knew her, but she just kept going, knowing no one was watching besides the NPC.

Edited by Ghost

She mixed two of the materials and the result was a complex compound that smelled like iron, it acted like a gel of sorts, something you wouldn't want to put in your body. She thought to herself, what if I were to mix two of these compounds together? And so she began to mix another set of different materials aside as she began super heating the other compound, which seeing as something exploded in front of her before, it probably wasn't a good idea. She then took the super heated gel, which became, which was now a fluid and placed them in an airtight glass container that connect to each other via glass tubing. The super heated fluid left reside in the original container, meaning that as it cooled it became a gel. In the middle of the glass tubing, there was a tiny lever, allowing flow between the two sections. She turned the level, letting them mix, and...

Spoiler

ID 111078:

Craft = 7

• 2 weeks later...

...it was a complete failure. But at least it didn't explo- The contents of the vial blew up yet a second time, sending a second plume of smoke and chemicals into the air. Jade grew increasingly agitated she couldn't do something as simple as mixing two different compounds. At least until she realized it was up to the system to decide if it exploded or not, same goes for if it became a potion or a vial of useless nothingness. Jade wiped the chemical soot off of her face, it smelled like burnt plastic. It the smell was so strong that she thought she'd throw up. She turned to the old lady. "Hey, what happens if I run out of materials?" Jade asked generally concerned, she didn't want to go back out and gather more, she felt like she was putting forth enough effort already. If she had to go out and get more, she would end up calling it a day. This was likely considering the fact that she wasn't exactly having fun doing what she was doing. Especially since it didn't hurt, it just irritated her. Both mentally and physically. Mentally being that she really wanted to be in a warm bed, Physically being that her lungs were getting irritated by all the smoke.

Spoiler

ID# 111588 results:

Loot: 2

Edited by Ghost