[PP-F1] Daybreak

Early morning sunlight entered the Inn’s windows, cutting through the darkness. The small particles in the air visible in the beams of light. "Mmrrr..." Jade grumbled, throwing a pillow at one of the windows. Jade got upright and groaned as she got to her feet. She quickly went through her morning routine: Shower, Brush, Get Dressed, etc. After this, she has some time on her hands to think about the previous day or the day ahead of her. Then she goes to get some breakfast from one of the restaurants or shops nearby. She reluctantly left the room and went out the front doors of the Inn, heading to the closest source of available food. "Yaaawwnnnn... I woke up... To early..." Jade opened her menu checking the time. "9:34 AM" Jade tilted her head. "Yep, too early." Jade lumbers over to the local cafe and sits down in one of the seats, waiting for a waiter of waitress. It's oddly packed today, almost all the seats and tables are full. Jade realised she was the only one in the resturant at a table with no one else at it. She crossed her arms on the table and placed her head on top. Trying to savor lost sleep, or just the though of staying on bed all day, it's not too late for that, is it?

@Huginn

Edited by Ghost

Shiro walks into the cafe and looks around. Damn it’s packed today, there’s no seats. I guess I’ll sit by that girl. Wait... that girl couldn’t be Misako, could it? No way, maybe it is. He moves over to the table so as to not create a scene. He pulls up the chair and sits down in front of the girl. When he finally realizes it’s not Misako, it’s too late to get up and leave. His quick mind tells him to come up with a reason to be sitting here in case she asks. Nothing too difficult. Maybe this was the only seat would work. Maybe she wouldn’t care. Hopefully it’s the latter. He pulls his hood over his eyes and slouches down in his chair. This place is to loud to keep a level head, but I’ve been sitting here too long to just up and leave. He leans forward, noticing she hadn’t moved so he slowly slides his hand across the table and pokes her in the head. I’m gonna regret this aren’t I. Please don’t be loud... please don’t be loud. He braces himself for a quick scolding and winces.

@Ghost

Jade was starting to fall back to sleep, then something touched her head. She assumed it was the waiter finally ready to take her order. "It's about time,  I was beginning to worry that you would skip this table." She sat up, across from her was not a waiter. There was someone sitting across from her, her face turned red. "I-I thought you were a w-waiter." Jade said shyly. She looked around, looked like the last few tables were full. "Um... T-There were no tables left, were there." Jade muttered. She let out a sigh. She knew she had to make friends, but the problem was she didn't know how. Here goes nothing. "G-Greetings..." She forced her hand up from her lap and over the table. Nervousness shook her arm as she attempted to still it. Maybe shaking hands isn't such a good idea? Either way, she was already doing it, backing down would be abnormal. "...I-It's nice to meet you."

@Huginn

Shiro is a bit taken aback by the motion she just made. She is obviously a bit shy, much like myself. But I don't know why she is shy. He pulls up his own arm and grabs her hand, shaking it. "Shiro." He says, introducing himself. He opens his mouth again. "Nice to meet you too." He says. He usually didn't talk this much with someone unless he had a reason to. Thank you for not being a loud person. I can't stand people who shout all the time. He waves the waiter over. Yes he is shy, but he's also thirsty. "One coffee, black, and whatever she wants. On me." He orders. The wait for my coffee shouldn't be too long, but I don't know what she's getting so I can't expect a speedy breakfast like I usually get. He sits back and pulls his hood off. I initiated this, so I should probably not just remain silent on my side of the table. Unless she doesn't want to talk, but given her body language she wants to but is too scared. Should I take control? I'm no expert, but I did have Misako as a sister. He leans forward, leaning on the table now.

@Ghost

Edited by Huginn

Jade flinched as the player, who introduced himself as Shiro, shook her hand. “G-Ghost…” Jade put her other arm on the table and crossed them. Waiting, her eyes fixed on the center on the table. Shiro waves down a waiter for them. “A muffin and coffee please, with cream.” Jade immediately went silent, she wasn't sure what to say after the introduction. “Um, it's a l-lovely evening, i-isn’t it?” Jade’s expression changed from worried to embarrassed, her face turning red. “Morning! I-I mean morning.” Jade put her head on the table, facing down, on her arms. The posture was one that looked like she was disappointed, most likely in herself. “Idiot, idiot, idiot…” She mumbled under her breath. “...why does this have to be so hard?” Jade sat back up. Jade drew a circle on the table with her finger. “S-Sorry, I am m-making this awkward, aren't I? I-I should just stop talking.” Jade went silent, her eyes fixed on the center of the table, her hands clasped together.

@Huginn

Shiro grins a little. Not something he did often. I was right, she is shy like me. “You don’t have to be so embarrassed, I’m no better at this.” He whispers to her. He sits back and puts his hands in his pockets. It’s at this point that a necklace with a white bird hangs down in front of his chest. It really stick out against his black jacket. In fact, it’s the only white on his entire person. “Don’t stop talking, it’ll get too quiet over here.” She is making this awkward, but it’s kind of funny. Misako would tear this girl to pieces. He smiles at the girl, thus increasing the number of people who have seen his smile from 5 to 6. I can’t count them on a single hand anymore. This is troublesome. He shakes his head and rests it on the table. This is oddly comfortable. I could always just sit like this the entire time. Maybe she won’t feel so awkward then. His hood falls over his head as he begins to doze off. He was just out looking for his sister after all. This was a common thing for the boy to do, considering he lost his twin sister. She is still alive, but he can’t find her.

@Ghost

"You, you mean, you also d-don't know how to talk t-to other people?"Jade asked, her voice still shaking. Jade took note of his outfit, all black, except for his necklace. On the necklace is a white bird, which Jade guessed was a Dove. Her voice returned to it's normal form, only to mutter one word: "Interesting..."

Shiro told her to keep talking or it will get too quiet. Then he smiled, which made her uncomfortable. "H-Hey, that's not- you- um... W-why are you smiling Shiro, I-I doubt I-I said anything r-remotely funny." Jade nervously crossed her arms.

Jade watched as Shiro rest his head on the table. "Are you alright? You look like something is bothering you." Jade said, a curious flicker in her eyes. She tilted her head to the side unknowingly. The waiters came by with their drink's and her muffin. "I hope you two enjoy your  meals." Just like that, the waiter left.

@Huginn

Edited by Ghost

The boy sits up. “Sorry.” He says. It wasn’t a common occurrence for him to let his guard down. The drinks and food come and Shiro nods. He transfers the col and begins to drink his drink. She picked a good choice. Nothing like Misako. She would’ve gotten a whole cake just for herself, White with strawberries on it. She loved sweets. “I’m just tired from looking for my sister.” He slides his hands in his pockets. His body moves back, and he grabs his necklace. “I smiled because the situation was funny. Not because you said anything.” He lets go of his necklace and grabs his drink, taking another sip. I’m bothering her. Damn it. I should apologize. “Sorry for bothering you.” He takes yet another drink. It’s not like he wanted to bother her, nor did he want to be a jerk, but sometimes it just happened.

@Ghost

• 1 month later...

"S-Sorry? Please, don't be." Jade said in a serious manner. "Your sister must be very important to you..." Her voice trailed off, to remember her sister and what she would do to see her again, to protect her again. "Shiro, if you don't mind me asking Whats she like?" Jade blurted out without a thought, still preoccupied in her own mind. 

"T-This situation is funny?" She looked perplex. "I'm s-sorry, but I don't quite get it." She reached for her meal. She sipped her coffee from the mug. It was sweet and warm, it gave her nostalgia to the real world, when her mother used to make her cocoa during the winter. A tear came to her eye in light of this memory, which she quickly tried to hide by quickly scarfing down the muffin. She looked around, the dinner was clearing out, looks like most of the patrons had finished their meals and were going about their activities, making it unusually quiet compared to just five minutes ago. 

@Huginn

Shiro began to notice people leaving a few minutes before their interaction. Now if I leave I’ll seem like a prick. His hands slide down in his pockets, he was out of conversation material, and embarrassed at that. He had never spoken to someone this long, especially not a girl. He had slowly begun to regress back to his shy state as the more people left, making him much more noticeable and much more nervous. There was no one there to help him break from a conversation so he obviously lost his elegance he had before. Now he was a little kid meeting a new person. “I... uh...” He gets lost in a sea of possible replies, most of which an out he can take. He swims through, dodging the words he can’t say to her, in the thousands of words he knows, Shiro fumbles for a response. Wait too long and I’ll be weird, reply to quick and it’ll be weird. His mind lands on an explanation, whether she lets it slide or not is up to her. “That was weird wasn’t it? Like I told you, I’m not good with talking to people.” He says, the emotions he had before draining from his face. “About my sister, she’s much more outgoin than you and I combined. I was thinking about how funny it would be for her to meet you. That’s why I was smiling.” Those last few words the end of what he knew to say to this girl.

@Ghost

"M-Me neither, or too... Y-You know. You c-can tell I'm not experience with it either. I-I'm not a people person either." Jade said, wishing she slept in just a few hours longer. She quickly began to realize the conversation was going no where, neither side knew what to do. "Think... Think..." She mumbled to herself, her words barely audible as she tried to think of a way to get the conversation from becoming awkward.

"T-That's why you were smiling?" Jade let out a sigh of relief, her posture became a lot more composed. "Why didn't you say so..." Jade  said calmly. "I thought you were smiling because, I was..." Jade stopped. "...you thought I was weird, and abnormal, and so on. I-I don't like being laughed at." Jade clasped her hands together on the table, her gaze landing on them afraid of making eye contact with another patron despite their being far less of a chance of doing so in an almost empty cafe.

"Your sister sounds..." Jade pause to think. "...confident in her actions." Jade went on to explain her choice of words. "It's not easy to be social, at least for me and you. So she has to be confident in what she says and does..." Jade continued to talk in a determined tone for around thirty seconds, up until the point where her face turned red. "I-I'm sorry. I'm j-just wasting your time, I've been talking to much..." Jade laughed nervously, then holding her mug up to her face again.

@Huginn

Edited by Ghost

The words begin to come back to him, he knew what he could say, but everything he had lined up was either a compliment or blatant change of subject. Not knowing which to select he plays eenie-meenie-miney-mo. So that’s what I’m going with? Then she says she was wasting his time and his resolve stood stronger. Yup, that’s what I’m going with. His face turns really red, obvious he was about to say something, opened his mouth and committed to the statement. “It’s not a waste of my time, it’s actually a fun encounter, and I’m kind of glad the cafe was full when I got here.” He says as fast as he can, but slow enough so she can understand it. His bright red face shows it all, as he avoids eye contact with her and leans in, taking a drink of his black coffee. This is why I hate talking to girls, I always get so damn nervous. His red face gets hidden under his black hood. Oh god, why did I say that? Now she’s gonna think I’m weird. He frowns, hiding it from her as he takes another sip.

The drink is set down promptly, as he takes a breath and the redness in his face surges again. “And you’re not weird, you’re cool. There. I said it.” He holds his head up high, looking confident in what he said until you see his face. His eyes are shut, ready for an insult, and his face is red, never had he complimented any girl, other than family, before in his life. Now he truly had no idea what to do, and all he wants to do is disappear into nothingness.

@Ghost

Well, at least someone is having fun. Jade thought to herself, trying to think of ways to stop the redness from showing. She noticed that he was uncomfortable too, his face was just as, if not more, red then hers. She took a sip of her coffee as he spoke again. Her reaction, wasn't exactly, casual. She was drinking her coffee and quick a bit went into her lungs, causing her to cough violently dropping and spilling her coffee all over the table, which caused her face to become an even deeper shade of red. "I-I, I'm so sorry! I-I'll be right back!" She quickly got up and ran to the counter, grabbing a large quantity of napkins, and immediately coming back to the table trying to clean up her mess. At this point she was hiding her face from Huginn out of sheer embarrassment forcing herself not to make eye contact with anyone.

@Huginn

Edited by Ghost

Sh*t, did I say something? Oh crap. Uh... what do I do now? Do I apologize? Do I just walk away? Misako would know what to do. He frowns. “I’m sorry if that was weird.” He frowns, his face turning back to normal as he calmed down. Still not knowing where to go with it, he sort of takes a leap. “If you want I can leave, and go sit at another table.” He says, not knowing which answer he wanted more. Of course he wanted to get away from the awkward situation, but he also wanted to make a new friend, and she seemed like a proper candidate. How do I continue? No coming back from that. Uh. Let’s see. He begins to look like he’s thinking about something, but getting angrier as he finds nothing, then he realizes. He doesn’t have to say anything, that way it’s entirely her decision whether or not he stays. At which point he’ll know exactly how to keep it going. The question was, is he confident enough to keep going? Or is he gonna try and fail, losing a friend in the process. How can I know if I don’t try it? The famous last words of many people race through his mind as he takes a calming breath, sits back in his chair and begins to act natural. Of course, he still looked nervous enough to not be a completely new person, but he looked a little more at ease than before.

@Ghost

"N-No, it wasn't it just took me by surprise. That's all." She said nervously. Wiping up the coffee on the table. Way to go Jade. She thought to herself. He probably thinks your a klutz now. She threw away the napkins, sat back down, and took a deep breath. She listened to what Shrio said, realizing it was up to her, she had to think carefully about how she would word her reply. There was an eerie silence for a minute, the restaurant was officially empty, besides the NPC's at the counter. "I-I, uh..." Jade took a deep breath. "Please stay, your the only real person I've talked to in some time, and its been nice so far Shiro. So please don't leave just yet." Jade laughed nervously, her face turning red, again. "I hope that didn't sound weird." She said, holding her hands to the center of her chest. 

@Huginn

Edited by Ghost

Now that it was just the two of them, Shiro couldn’t be more nervous. Everything he said, and everything he did, would have the attention of the whole café. Now was more important than it was 20 minutes ago. I can’t just say whatever is on my mind, she might not understand and call me a weirdo, I can’t just up and leave. What do I do? I’ve got it. He opens his mind just a little, letting a sentence float out in the air between them. “So, what do you do for fun?” He asks, pulling his attention from the table to her. This worked on me, helped keep me at ease, now I hope it has the same effect on her. He pulls his hood down and smiles, a friendly look on him now, as he reaches down and grabs his drink. His eyes examine her, not in a checking her out way, but more as a memorizing the face of a friend. Having asked his question, he waits for the response.

@Ghost

Jade place her now empty coffee mug on the table. "For fun?" Jade paused thinking to herself. "Um..." This should've been an easy question to answer. It was then that Jade realized, she had been going through the same routine daily. Wake up, Eat, Sleep. Which would happen multiple times a day. Her facial expression went from embarrassed to stern. "I... don't think I've had fun since I got trapped here. It's kind of been a nightmare for me." Jade let out a sigh. "What about you Shiro? What do you do for fun?" She looked up out of old instinct and made direct eye contact with Shiro, memorizing his face, she felt like she would see him again in the future. She opened her menu. "9:56" Its been twenty-two minutes since she got her. "Wait... there is something I like doing but isn't really consider fun, it's calming really..." 

@Huginn

Edited by Ghost

Shiro didn’t know what to say, she just cut herself off and this took him by surprise. Do I answer? Or do I wait for her to finish? I feel like if I just answer right now, I’ll be interrupting her, but if I say go on I’ll be being rude. He makes a face, a face that shows how hard he is thinking, when he finally says, “Let’s hear it.” He smiled. He was truly curious about what she was going to say she liked to do, and was wondering if it was anything like what he did for relaxation. Also, would she find out what he wants to do? Or would he just avoid the question he wasn’t super fond of. It made him uncomfortable because when people found out what he did, he was always asked to use his pass time for other people, which made him feel like he needed to do it perfectly. But that’s the thing, perfection is a figment of the human imagination, and Shiro knows this. But that never stopped him from avoiding people finding out, because the stress of doing what he did, and not doing it perfect was always a fear of his.

@Ghost

"There is a park I like visiting, that and a particularity quiet part of the forest. I don't know why, but something about watching the leaves blow in the wind just feels relaxing to me. Its soothing..." Jade let out a sigh. "Its the only real reason I get out of bed anymore." Jade became skeptical of Shiro, he ignored her question. She felt like it would be rude to persist at the question, but that didn't stop her anxiety from kicking in. What if he just wants to know what you do to prove that he can do it better? Or what if he wants to lure you into a trap, he doesn't look like a player killer, but looks can be deceiving. For god sake, you just told a complete stranger where you can roughly be found on a daily bias. Either way, you wouldn't mind dying anymore would you, as a matter a fact, weren't you a step away from doing that all by yourself?  Her thoughts scrambled in her mind all leading to misleading conclusions. She shook her head and pressed her hand against the sides of her head. Jade realized that the sudden action might look abnormal. "Uh... H-Headache, I have a Headache." She rubbed her temples slowly, her eyes closed. "H-Hey, Would you r-rather know when you're going to die or h-how you're going to die?"

@Huginn

Shiro smiles. So, that’s her go to question? I guess she’s just as bad at this as I am. “Back to your question before, about my hobbies, I didn’t answer because I thought I’d be interrupting you. But I mostly play violin anymore.” He says, then he thinks about her other question and begins to speak, but cuts himself off thinking on the question a little bit more. “I guess I’d have to say neither. The fear of constantly worrying about either of those would be enough to get myself killed.” He answers as truly as he can. But then he thinks on it a little more. “But, in this scenario, I have to give an answer, so I’d say how I die. It would take some of the fear out of my final moments.” He says, looking down at the necklace around him. I hope I die doing something I love. Or at least making a difference. I don’t want to fade into nothing and be forgotten, but sometimes that seems like the best course of action. If I make a mistake then the person forgets about me, it’s like I never messed up in the first place and their life is better without me. He frowns, pulling his gaze back up towards her and taking a drink. “What would your answer be? Also, about the park thing, it sounds nice.”

@Ghost