[Floor 22/PP] A mentor and a friend

Jinx let out a noise, it was like a sigh, except it turned into a normal breath as she slowly sat herself up from her overload. Her head still hurt, the aftershock of the Overload. Her body would take some time to properly recover…after all, her mind was her greatest asset, and weakness.

She glanced down at Stryders words, his warnings of her not to work herself too hard “I just…wanted learn…” The girl lazily pointed at Hestia, unaware of the Frontliners silent intentions to leave “You asked her to help…I didn’t wanna….?” The girl frowned as, once again, her train of thought derailed mid-sentence, leaving her with a dazed look on her face as she tried to remember what it was she was just talking about.

“That’s weird…but, I wonder…” The girl muttered outloud in Chinese, before turning to Stryder and staying in Chinese “You think I’m a burden like this, don’t you…?”

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He looked at her, she seemed to be reovering. It was a nice sight, seeing her calming down. He didn't want her to get worse... So it was nice. She seemed to be able to keep it in a language he could understand to! For the start. She just wanted to learn, and he had asked Hestia to help him out. Then, the normal train of thought, which shifted her to Chinese. He didn't understand anything but the words I and You. He simply didn't know what she said.

"You know i don't speak Chinese right Jinx..." He says to her, completely unknowing what she had said. He made a mental note to turn on the auto translate thingie later on. He looked over at Hestia, after helping Jinx get onto her feet. 

"We still need to teach her switching... If you wouldn't mind sticking around to finish this lesson off, i would appriciate it..." He said, seeing the TP crystal that was waiting to be used in the tanks hands. They had.... well, there friendship was strained now, at least, thats how he felt. He didn't know if he could repair it, or how to. But... He couldn't yet. He knew that much.

Looking towards the girl and the martial artist i glance down towards the crystal within my hands wondering if i should really just leave at this point since their is no place for me to be here as of this moment. The two players in front of me clearly having some kind of a moment as i than catch some of the words that the girl known as JInx says start talking in what seems like to be broken sentences with some rather important words missing from the equation to give proper meaning to the sentences. Stryder. It's clear that the girl as she is right now probably wouldn't understand much i think? I won't be a judge of that since i don't know her or what is going on really so i'll leave that to you, but as i can see from my outsider perspective she looks like she needs a nap more so than anything else rather than trying to learn more. I say towards the martial artist with a serious look in my blue colored eyes just being serious out of worry for the girl as i can't help but feel some small amounts of concern since it is clear this girl has some kind of mental disorder  since it is able to affect her normal everyday life. The familiar that is by my side looking towards the player known as Jinx with a curious look at what had just occurred.

A pained look crossed the girls face. It wasn’t her fault…was it? He never understood her, when she spoke…There were so many languages, so many things to say…and yet, Stryder never understood. Did he…

The girl blinked as she lost her train of thought instantly, and made an attempt to stand up. However, left legs refused to obey the command her brain was making and, as she stood up, she collapsed onto Stryder.  

“O..h…” She said slowly as her extremely dulled mind struggled to get anything done, basic movement after an overload was always a struggle, yet alone compiling proper information. She looked back and forth between Stryder and Hestia, and there was something…She knew there was something they had been doing…But the girl couldn’t remember. What was it? She knew, she knew she knew….and nothing.

“Why is it blank…?” She asked, the phrase making sense to her head “…I swear, there was…something”

It was clear to him, Hestia wanted to leave. She wasn't... comfortable here anymore, at least, that what he could see. He simply sighed, not really knowing what to say to her. This whole.... Event, was throwing him for a loop. He had trusted Hestia, but for some reason, throughout the course of today he just... didn't anymore. He couldn't see past the own shade of hate he had towards everything. The only thing that he could see clearly was the poor girl who had collapsed in his arms.He had tried to stand her up, but she had fallen right back onto him, so he picked her up, holding her in his arms. 

"Alright... I'l take her back to my place so she can sleep. She has been staying there for the past few days now" He said to Hestia, looking at her. "Eventually, i'l see past this... this wall i'v put up. You will get an apology then" He said as he looked at the tank. She could leave, and he wouldn't stop her at all. "I'l see you around." He said to her before taking the poor girl who had crumbled in his arms. He walks off with her, she had been looking around, her mind being extremely dull, especially considering how she had been during the lesson. Everything was blank for her....

"Don't worry... I'l look after you..." 

I nod my head towards Stryder at that as i would take out a TP crystal and while holding it whisper out the name of my destination. Teleport, Yogan. I say as i get surrounded in a blue light as i close my eyes as i do so as my familiar gets surrounded in the same light as the owner and familiar duo disappear into the light of the TP crystal. Leaving the pair of Stryder and Jinx to head back and do what they wish with their day as i will spend the rest of mine just exploring the ninth floor in the search for at least something to do to try and lift my spirits up and make the best out of a floor that is primarily lava over anything else. When arriving at the main settlement and feeling the initial heat hit my form i just nod my head accepting this over the rather awkward situation i had found myself in back at Stryder's place. That literally couldn't have gone any worse with only it getting worse if i had somehow killed that girl Jinx. I say in utter frustration and annoyance.

-Left the thread-

The dulled girl had no idea Hestia desired to leave, after all, the girl didn’t understand what was going on around her. She felt that someone was carrying her, and slowly dragged her eye to the person who was carrying her weight. Stryder. She felt a weak smile on her face, completely unaware that there had been tension between the two front liners.

She heard the promise from the boy, and smiled softly at him. Right before she frowned “Look…after me…” She echoed softly as she attempted to walk, only for her legs to fail under her weight…The girl would have collapsed onto the ground if it had not been for Stryder holding her up.

“Y-you know…S-something didn’t go too well…but I can’t remember what it was” She said in Japanese as she looks around, before looking right at the boy “I’m thankful…for all of this” She says, gestering to the air as if it explained what she had been trying to say.

She could tell.... Well, she heard what he said. She repeated it, more or less. She was trying to walk alittle, but she nearly collapsed again, so he leaned down, plucking her up fully, carrying her in his arms. It would look.... weird to anyone who saw, but he didn't really care, she was obviously completely out of it right now and needed the helping hand. She was aying something, about something not going well, and that she was thankful, and she wildly pointed in the air trying to point something out, to explain something. He didn't understand, though thanks to her having spoke in Japanese, he did hear her words and translate them easily. 

"It wasn't your fault.... It wasn't hers either..." He simply said, not really.... directing it at Jinx, but more so at himself. He didn't know why he had reacted so badly. He wished he did, but he just.... didn't know why. He knew one of these days he would be abele to go back and say sorry, but... that would take time.

Wasn’t her fault? She’d heard that phrase far too often in her life, it wasn’t her fault…it never was! Maybe, just maybe, she wanted it to be…She let out a sigh as the idea slipped away. She made no attempted to stop the boy from carrying her, it was far from the first time Stryder had carried her like this…or that she’d been carried in her life.

“Shame that friends do this…its why people always confused me” She said softly, her body relaxing and if Stryders grip wasn’t proper, the girls body would feel like liquid and slip through his arms “People never say what they mean…or understand what is said…And they can” It had always…annoyed Alisea? She frowned, why did that annoy her? It had, and she knew it…But she couldn’t place on the why it annoyed her.

She let out a deep breath and closed her eye “Thank you…for trying to help me” she said, swapping from Japanese to English  

She... thanked him? He had been trying to help her, yes, but he had failed... Horribly, again. He could never help anyone... He couldn't help Jinx, he couldn't help Katherine... His grip tightened slightly, but not so much she would feel it. His arms were tired, though he had her well in his grip, she wasn't slipping past him. He simply carried her back through the front door, taking her inside. He didn't really know what he could do right now, he just... Didn't know. He took her towards his room, taking her up to his bed, and layed her down on it. It was only mid day, so it wasn't late, though she obviously needed to lay down. He sat down next to her, stroking her hair for a moment.

She's so innocent... I... I can't... I can't let something happen to her as well... I wish... I wish that i knew what to do, what i could do to help her out.

- Closed

3 SP

400 to Hestia, Stry, Jinx