[PP-F1] The First Few Lessons are Free (Theodosia and Hydravion)

Shrill laughter filled the air as a group of about five children ran around the orphanage playing a thrilling game of 'freeze tag.' Sitting against a nearby tree was another young girl. Clear, ocean blue orbs observed as the other children ran around without a care in the world. A small grin would appear on the girl's face every time one of the kids would become unfrozen and continue the game of tag. it was all going well until suddenly one of the smaller children--named Amara--split away from the game and ran toward the other girl sitting peacefully under the tree. Amara was breathing heavy, her little face had turned the color of beet, but she was grinning from ear to ear. 

"Theo," her small voice shrilly cried as threw herself next to the other girl, "Would you hold my teddy bear? He is getting too tired to play." Innocently Amara held the brown patchy teddy bear an arms length away in Theo's direction. Without hesitation the other girl, now known as Theo, gently grabbed the teddy bear and placed it in her lap. "Don't worry. I'll look after him." Without waiting any longer Amara hopped up like a rabbit and joined the group once again. Sighing, Theo stroked the teddy bear's ear mindlessly. Sometime she wished that she could be like them. So carefree. So happy. So innocent. Only she wasn't. As much as the girl hated it she was fully aware the situation they were in and what was happening in the world they now lived in. It had taken years for Theo to come to this conclusion, but she needed to joint the fight. She needed to venture out into this world and do what she could for those she cared about. 

And today was the day to do it. 

Today was the day that Hydra was coming to the orphanage. The multi-colored haired women was an adventurer who had seen the world and what it had to offer. Not only was she experienced, but she was a great teacher. If someone could start Theo's path to adventuring it was Hydra. Despite those thoughts Theo was still nervous. She had never left the orphanage and was ill equipped for an adventure. There was still a glimmer of hope though. Through some of the takings around town the blonde had heard of a quest that was more about looting that about fighting. It was the perfect quest. Now to wait until Hydra arrived. 

[OCC: @Hydravion]

Edited by Theodosia

Hydra was walking around in the town again, It seemed today was going to be more important to someone else than to her. She was moving a bit quicker than normal and she picked up a cup of coffee two to be sure and a sandwich as well. Eating the sandwich on her way to the place she normally would be at, the orphanage was a good place to spent your times here as a pacifist but Even Hydra knew that fighting was needed to do and someday maybe even sooner then she was thinking, that day will come but not now, not yet. Today is going to be important to that girl, She like hearing about the world out there and I have seen it, Hydra said low to herself as she walked. She was wearing short white pants and a white jacket with a black shirt under it, She looked quite normal but she was just not wearing her combat armor she did not have much but she did know she had some at least something that fits her style.

Once she got into the doors on the orphanage see walked right up to the person taking care of the children and gave her a cup off coffee, "Here take this honey," she said as she did this. She looked at the kids playing and she got a smile on her face and slowly moved around to see who was all there. quite a lot off them seemed to be busy and Hydra's eyes fall onto one kid, the kid she was going to say hello to this morning. Walking up to the tree Hydra said down next to the girl and smiled at her, giving her a small pat on the head "Hello Theo, How are you doing dear," she asked the girl as she looked at her waiting for the girl to notice her as well.

Without even realizing it Theo had been mindlessly fiddling with Amara's teddy bear while the thoughts bounced around in her head like a rubber ball. There had been so much that the blonde had not even recognized that the person she had been waiting to talk to had entered the premises. Nor did it dawn on her that the very same someone had sat next to her until a gentle pat was placed a top her head and a harmonious entered her conscience. That voice was all too recognizable. It was none other than the tri-colored haired women herself--Hydra. Rapidly turning a focused gaze from the teddy bear to the women a wide, child-like grin decorated Theo's young features. "Hydra!" Theo exclaimed, placing the teddy bear back down her lap; ocean orbs shining with enthusiasm, "I'm so glad you here! Do you have any new stories for me?" 

Although the young girl was eager to ask the older women to go on a quest with her it was not the right time. Theo was not quite sure when the right time would be, but the young girl was sure that it was not now. After all, Hydra had just arrived and the other children would be eager to see visit. This was also a place of rest and who knew what adventures the older women had been on.

Plus, if Theo was being honest, she really did love the stories that Hydra brought back. 

@Hydravion

Hydra got out a small chuckle as the Girl next to her reacted to the appearance of Hydra, as then she got asked if she that any stories for the small child. With a warm smile, Hydra looked up at the tree and then back to Theo, "For sure I do, Theo, Let's say I saw a dragon,  A green Emerald dragon, with big fangs and dangerous claws, It seemed to be very strong but my friends helped me in the fight as I helped them as a backup. Ooh yeah and I got a new Item From a cute looking rogue with purple hair, She lives on floor 4," she said showing Theo an item around her left underarm. It was a bracelet made out of roots that wrapped around her arm and on the top of her hand was a green crystal that gave off a small hum. "Nice isn't it, and not only that it seemed like one of my old school friends is walking around here as well, It is sometimes nice to know you know someone, but I know you as well Theo so that is also quite nice and cool," Hydra said giving the girl a small boop on her nose.

She then looked at Theo again as taking a small break to think about what she did not tell her yet, "Ooh, I got a bit into a small love story, a Nice lady and I went out for some dinner together and she is quite nice, A frontliner, Long blond hair and quite a nice personality as well. Ooh and I maybe got into a small quest about the lessons around here, how to get into the game and all. But you want to hear more about, I have a bit more than I did not tell you yet, so ask away," Hydra said waiting for a response of the girl.

@Theodosia

Ocean orbs glowing with delight Theo hung on to every word as if it was the last sip of water in a desert. When Hydra taped her nose she laughed and grinned from ear to ear. There was nothing more Theo wanted to than to be part of the those adventures. She wondered what it was like to meet new people, make a connection, and fight along their side. It was like a book she read long ago. It was the very end that really caught the young girl's attention though; something about the "lessons around here." If the young girl remembered correctly that was one of the quests that she was thinking about inviting the older women on. Now was that chance she had been waiting for. It was now, or never. 

"Lesson quest? As in beginner quest, right?Where is it is at? Do you know if it is hard? Would you go on that quest with me?" It was like a switch had flipped at the mention of the quest. Before Theo could help it one question poured out after another. The final one was the question she really wanted to ask, would Hydra go with her on this quest. Theo had not intended to ask that question so forthright, but the words had come out before her mind even had to chance to calculate what it was saying. She had been too excited. Well, what was done was done. It was now up to Hydra to answer. If she no, Theo would understand; after all, the women was busy, but if she said yes...well, Theo would just have to wait and see. 

Hydra looked down at the girl as she asked a few questions it seemed like the last question was more important than the rest but Hydra was going to go over them all just to make Theo happy about the things she was telling about, "Well Yes Lesson quest, they are called first to last lessons so that is why, But yeah they are the beginner quests. And for where it is, well it is in a small potion workshop a bit far away from here, It is not hard, mostly to make it simple, and um Theo, I do like you adventures Spirit, I will come with you every step all the way, I would not want a small cute girl like you get hurt," Hydra said patting the girl on the head. Hydra did like to tell about adventures she had, but it seemed Theo loved to see the world and help out and Hydra liked that about the young girl, she reminded a bit of herself back at that young of an age.

Hydra opened her menu and then a small pop up came to Theo's face asking if she wanted to be in a party with Hydravion. "Just press the ok button and then beneath your own Health bar will appear mine. There will also be a small effect on mine as I'm wearing this Item. You will see my level and HP buffs and debuffs, Next up is the small logo next to my name, the Garnet with 4 arrowheads, that is the guild I'm in, Called Garnet Rangers." she said opening her own menu and showing the guild tab to Theo showing off a few names in there as being, Sunova, Hazado, Neopolitan and of course her own name, all of them had an LDR behind their name meaning Leader, "we are trying to get out name out, but it seemed like the two recruiters are a bit busy being lovebirds," she said to Theo.

@Theodosia

For a few seconds the words struggled to get past Theo's consciousness...and then they did. Orbs lighting up Theo grinned while she tightly gripped the teddy bear in her small hands. This was it. Suddenly, an icon with Hydra's features popped up. Ocean orbs followed along as the women explained the menu to the young blonde. She saw Hydra's information appear and the strange effect it came with; she also saw the small logo. The Garnet Rangers. Theo had no idea who any of the people named were, but the warm tone to Hydra's voice pointed to the fact that the older women felt a sense of closeness and companionship with them. Theo wondered if she would ever have that kind of relationship with anyone, but now was not the time to think about. There were steps that had to be taken in order to get to that point. The first step was getting out on quests and getting stronger. 

Amara, who was tired once again, came running over to the now duo. The small girl warmly greeted Hydra with a hug and then turned toward Theo. "I need teddy back now. He's done resting." Nodding, and realizing how hard she was gripping the bear, the blonde gently handed it back over to the younger girl. Once Amara ran off--teddy in arms--Theo turned back to the task at hand. Without hesitation she hit the 'ok' button. 

"I'm sure people will wanna join. Do you have to be a ranger?" Theo inquired, curiosity getting the best of her, "Also, when do you have time to do this quest?"

As Theo looked at the things Hydra explained to the girl it seemed like she was more of amazed by it than just looking, then another girl by the name of Amara walked up giving Hydra a hug and Hydra returned one patting the girl also on the head, "Hi Amara," she said quick as the girl asked for her teddy that Theo seemed to have. Amara went just as fast as she came going back to whatever she was doing as Hydra looked her off she noticed the Name and HP bar from Theo appeared in her few. As that was done Hydra patted the girl on the head again, "You did great Theo, your first steps of becoming an adventurer have now started," she said with a smile.

As then Theo came with a question asking about if she needed to be a ranger to join and if Hydra had time to join her, Hydra giggled a bit holding her hand in front off her mouth. "Ah No no, you don't need to be a ranger, It is just something we came up with because we did not want to sound like a well-oiled machine, We are just a group of friends that act as a family. And It seemed like two of them are going to be a family soon," Hydra said referring to two of them getting married. "And Well yes, I have time to join you, for sure, I would love to be your guardian," Hydra said getting a warm smile on her face and giving the girl an ever greater smile than before.

"You did great Theo, your first steps of becoming an adventurer have now started."

Those words bounced around in Theo's head. The first step had been taken. There were several other steps to take, but the fact that she had started was something to be proud of. In reality she was never sure that she would have gotten to this moment without the help of Hydra. Seeing, and hearing, the older women adventures and shenanigans is one of many aspects that got Theo to think about starting this journey. The next step was to actually go on the adventure. 

The young girl continued as the tri-colored haired girl stated that a player did not have to be a Ranger in order to join the guild, and the fact that some of guild-mates where going to be starting a family soon. Part of the Theo wondered if she would ever find a guild like that. The other part felt hopeful when it heard that people were continuing to live while being fouced to stay in a virtual game. Theo admired people, their tenancy, and ability to adapt.

"Thank you!" Theo said, grinning wide, "I have nothing to do today and can go whenever you are available." 

Hydra stood up as Theo said thank you and helped her up from the ground, "Come on Theo, your next objective is to find the NPC to get the quest from, They are very nice and for sure can be nice to talk too," Hydra said taking Theo's hand and starting to walk out of the orphanage giving the person who was keeping an eye out for the kids a smile as they were leaving the orphanage. "So you're ready to get out there," Hydra said with a warm smile as they walked out the door and into the settlement on beginners city. In the city are quite a lot of people NPC's and players walked around. some were wearing Heavy armor and others were wearing light, there were even people wearing normal clothing as well.

Walking with Theo in her hand they started to make their way to the place where you could start the quest, it took a bit and Hydra showed around a bit, "This here is a nice restaurant, I have been here many times before," She said pointing at a building on the left. "Over there is a blacksmith, owned by a player, he is quite good at his job," Hydra said pointing at a building on the right called the Blazing Typhoon. Then they stopped at an alchemy shop as Hydra let the door open for Theo to walk in, there was a man sitting there with a quest marker above his head waiting for players to be talked to, "Just say hello to him, Theo, he does not bite or anything," Hydra said as the NPC turned around to face the two giving a friendly wave to Hydra

@Theodosia

Shyly, yet excitedly, Theo waved to the owner of the orphanage while she walked out holding Hyrdra's hand. Together the duo made their way through the crowded streets of players. There were so many levels on the first floor it was interesting to see who walked by. Theo was thankful that Hyrda was holding her hand because she for sure would have gotten distracted and lost the older women. The young girl even took notes of the shops and restaurants that had been pointed out. Blazing Typhoon was one of the them.  Then they came to the alchemy shop. With Hydra's encouragement, and the gentle eyes of the NPC looking at her, Theo approached the older man with a smile. 

"Hello! My name is Theo, it is nice to meet you." Theo waved in greeting before continuing, "I've heard from my friend here that you have a quest that I can help you with?" 

Nodding, the older man--who introduced himself as Zackariah--started to tell Theo about the quest he was needing assistance with. It was a long list and Theo was thankful when he stated the first step was to receive five(5) Tier one materials through non-combat means. Nodding in understanding Theo responded that she would go retreive the materials before turning back and jogging back to Hydra. 

"He said he needed five Teir one materials. What are those? Do boar have them?" 

@Hydravion

Hydra smiled as she looked on how the conversation went Zackariah was a nice man really easy to talk to even if you did not get much out of him if you did not ask more, but it seemed Theo was going alright asking the right things and all. then when Theo turned back to Hydra she smiled and that went away fast after hearing what she asked and if they needed to be on boars, "Well no... Not really, You have to go to a location in the forest where you will need to find for random items, those items are materials. It is just like how I did it so no killing boar at all." Hydra said with a smile to the girl as she patted her on the head. "Come, Theo, we are getting those materials for you," Hydra said taking Theo's hand again and taking a walk to the gate of the settlement. Once there Hydra lets go off Theo as it was calm here and Theo could not get lost around here in the open.

"Welcome to the wilderness Theo, It is here where great adventures start, and friends are made as well," Hydra said pointing out to the fast open area where you could see here and there a player and walking around a bit. The winds here were open and quite big for a place like this, no matter where you looked it was a forest close, waters to the left and a mountain at the end of the view. "See Theo, Just like I told you, all open and big here. Just make sure to stay close to me, I don't want to run into any monsters yet, okay," Hydra said patting the girl on the head again giving her a warm smile.

@Theodosia