[PP|F3] Taking a taur <<Search for the Hoya>>

Dustin walks through the town on the third floor looking through the quests in his menu. Nope, too difficult. Nah, too boring. No, maybe. Already did that. His eyes stop on the ‘Search for the Hoya’ quest and he tilts his head. Maybe if I get another person, then it won’t be so difficult. His hand motions to pull up his friends list. He stops on Hestia as he remembers his promise to her. “But I promised to meet her on the frontlines. I will keep that promise.” He clenches his fist and sends a message.

Spoiler

To: @Hestia

I’m looking to get a necklace for someone I could use your help killing the enemies guarding it though. Meet me on the 3rd floor and be ready for an easy fight.

He closes his menu and begins to walk towards the teleport gate on the floor. He spends a lot of time in this town and loves this floor, so finding his way back to the teleporter wasn’t too difficult, but he did take his time. I hate to have to bother people all the time. But I need the help if I want to progress. I have to avenge Kadin. He equips his sword and shield. Not knowing what to expect, and not really caring, he pulls out a cookie and waits on a bench near the center of the town, as he waits for his friend to appear.

I relax within my shop as i humm softly the lyrics to a song i am working on as i than hear the familiar ding of a notification message go off as i glance towards the message seeing that it is from dustin as i nod my head remembering the person rather well since it left a rather interesting impression. 'Suicidal kid.' I think to myself remembering the name Dustin from that one reason only as i get up onto my feet as i glance towards my familiar who is lazily upon the other couch within my shop as i let out a sharp whistle towards the black and white lion. Come on Kuro! We got work to do. I shout over towards my familiar as i make my way out of my shop and towards the third floor to deal with the Hoya quest having a feeling it has to be that simply for the reason that their is no other thing within this game's existence that matches up towards that description besides the quest in question. I manage to arrive after about fifteen missions having used a teleport crystal to travel the distance from my shop towards the main settlement quickly. 'I'm glad i've bought a lot of these in bulk.' I think to myself with a grin as i start to make my way around the third floor in search of Dustin.

Dustin looks up and notices Hestia walking through town as if she was looking for something. Is she looking for me? “Hestia!” He shouts across the area and runs towards her. He has a calm expression on his face but an urgency in his step. Just because I need your help and you always come through, doesn’t mean I want help from the girl who called my mission stupid. “I need to get this necklace for a girl, so will you help me?” He asks, with a tilt of the head. He isn’t happy that he has to ask for her help, but he knew it was needed and she was the best fit for the job. He looks down at the ground and with a sad voice says, “Thanks for trying to talk some sense into me last time. It really helped a bunch.” He looks at her with a smile. I have forgiven her, but I can’t help but feel angry when I see her. But I’ll use that. Make the rage my strength. I’ve always been decent at that. He turns to walk away, taking yet another bite of his cookie and offering one to the girl next to him. “So, you coming or not?” He asks, motioning for her to follow him.

@Hestia

I look towards the kid who in reality might be the same age as myself for all i know, but even with that being a simple fact there is still the issue with maturity. 'He can be a teenager, adult, or anything really he will be a kid as long as he is wishing to continue that suicide mission and if he would behave as such.' I think to myself as i look towards Dustin and gives a smile and a friendly wave towards him as i keep my hands within my pockets as i look towards the battle crazed kid. So than Dustin i did come here so obviously i am willing to help you out with this quest, but since you did bring it up i hope that you did actually abandon that suicide mission of yours. We don't need more lives lost because of this game everyone can achieve something great if they live. Don't let your spark of greatness just die because of what you think is a good idea besides you'll never get to kill Kayaba since he'll most likely go into hiding, or is already dead from being executed via electric chair or injection. I say towards Dustin just wanting to be real with him and let him realize that he has zero chance of revenge against a man that is going to hide from the world, or get arrested by the cops and sentenced to execution. Which could've happened by now for what anyone could know about the man since none of us have received word of what happened in the real world in the past four years.

At hearing the words i just nod my head with a small wave of my hand as i follow after the tier one player at a relaxed pace. Yeah i'm coming i'm not going to let you die don't worry though i am surprised you need my help with this quest. If you have focused on damage you should be able to kill this thing by yourself without needing me for support. I say in a light hearted joking tone of voice.

Dustin smiles. “Killing Kayaba is behind me. But if I get the chance I’m not turning it down. Other than that the mission is abandoned.” He slips his shield on his back and pulls his blue hood up. He hides his hands in his pockets and begins to walk forward. “And don’t worry. I’m gonna keep my promise.” He gives her a smile and a thumbs up. I’ve slowed down my leveling but I should start up again soon. He turns forward and keeps walking, pulling out a cookie and taking a bite. He tosses one to the girl and chuckles. “They’re delicious. I get these from the store and store down that alley.” He points to his right and keeps walking. “Been carrying snacks with me since before my brother died.” He starts to hum a song that his father taught him as he walks. “And I need your help because I’m trying to get better at asking for help.” He nods and looks forward. He avoids eye contact with the girl and doesn’t falter in his steps.

@Hestia

A soft sigh escapes my lips at hearing that as i just nod my head towards Dustin figuring that true change would take quite awhile and not be instantaneous and thus i can't blame him from not being totally off and away from his path of murder. Looking towards Dustin i raise an eyebrow ever so slightly at that fact of hearing him that he had carried these cookies since he had his brother which was quite a bit of time as i just shrug and takes a bite out of it anyhow since food never gets spoiled within this game thankfully. At hearing the reason that i was called in i chuckle softly and walks a bit faster to be walking alongside you as i pat your shoulder gently with a gentle and friendly smile. Don't worry at least you are working on a flaw that you can see within yourself most people just choose to ignore the flaws that they have and try to rationalize them to make sense to avoid seeming like a terrible person within their own eyes. I make my way forward after that as i head towards the location of the Hoya maze remembering its location from the last time that i was their about a month or two ago when helping out Black with the quest a small smile appearing upon my face as i remember the man that has become my apprentice.

Dustin reaches the edge of the town and turns to the girl. “Hey, I think you know this already, but I might make bad decisions.” He says, with an innocent smile. “Just watch out, I don’t want another player getting hurt by my bad decisions. If I tell you to run, please do.” His smile disappears. I hope I do this right. If I mess up we could both get hurt, actually, I’d die, she’d be fine. He slips his hands into his pockets yet again, stepping out of the town into the field. I’m not entirely sure where it is, but I can probably just wing it for a while. The alternative is memorizing the map. He looks around as he walks, making sure a big cow person doesn’t take him by surprise as he walks through the field. This will help me learn to fight as a unit at least a little better, other than that, it might help with reparations between her and I. “So... what have you been up to? I’ve mainly been hiding out and farming with my guild.” He says, trying to make conversation.

@Hestia

I chuckle softly and shakes my head from one side to the other at Dustin's words and gives him a questioning look as if he is crazy as i have my hands within my coat's pockets a small smirk gracing my face as a light of amusement dances between my blue colored eyes. You're telling a tank to run? And especially me of all people to run from something Dustin? I don't think you know who i am, so let me introduce myself. I am Hestia one of the most stubborn and protective tanks out their for any and all players and i help them handle any objective because it is the rest thing to do. I say towards the brown haired player as my only response back about him trying tell me of all people about running away when something as a low leveled quest could end up looking scary. Especially when using the adjective pain since nothing like that exists within Aincrad the pain threshold not even being a thing since it dulls the senses that would lead to pain somehow.  My familiar staying right at my side and walking casually along with me seemingly not caring that much about his environment. What have i been up to? Trained a apprentice to tier two. Spent time with a few guild leaders talking with them about a few plans. Spent time trying to convince a old friend to stick around a bit longer rather than slink off into the shadows. Some usual frontlines stuff really when it comes to trying to keep the peace. I say with a small nervous chuckle as i say that as my right hand instinctively goes up to rub the back of my neck as i stop myself quickly and puts it back down.

Dustin tilts his head. Trying to keep the peace? Is there a threat to the peaceful life of fighting we live in this world of sword? He throws his hands up, trying to stop the two of them. “It’s right up there I think.” He says, disappearing before Hestia could reply. He reappears before a Minotaur with a mischievous grin on his face. So, they are rather big and that is kind of scary. But no way in hell am I running away from this. His sword glows blue and his hand raises his sword high above his head. “I made a promise. I intend to keep it with this sword.” He launches off of the ground and slashes a V pattern into the monster’s chest. I should’ve tried to stun it. Now it has the chance to attack back at me. He looks back at Hestia with a look of intrigue on his face. “Let’s make sure this monster stops hurting the good people of this world.” He notices the health drop to a little over half as he smiles. Hestia should be able to keep this thing focused on her and she can take a few hits before she needs to do something. He looks at his golden sword with lightning swirling the blade cutting his reflection.

ID: 108558

BD: 5 + 1 = 6

5 * 4 = 20 DMG

45 - 20 = 25 HP

Dustin: 260/260 HP | 22/26 EN | 5 DMG | 32 MIT | 1 ACC | 2 EVA | 1 SVY | 1 PARA | 9 Thorns | BH: 2 (H: 1)

Minotaur: 25/45 HP | 30 DMG

@Hestia

Edited by Dustin

I look towards the entrance of the labyrinth in question as a small smile forms on my face at the labyrinth that is based on the myth of the ever changing and moving labyrinth the perfect form that was meant to hold the beast Asterios the minotaur within the chambers. 'Now it holds a much different but at least similarly shaped enemy.' I think to myself as i follow after Dustin into the labyrinth maze as i watch him take the left as i already know in advance what is to be expected as i see the minotaur charge forward only to get cut by the blade that Dustin is holding as i just nod my head. Instead of actually helping i sit down on the ground and just watch the fight play out my familiar walking over beside me and laying down resting his head upon my leg as i do so as i watch the event play out. You're on your own until i am needed Dustin! I call over towards the dps player as i rest my head against the wall to watch. I watch as the enraged bull like beast roars out echoing through the labyrinth as the sound of some slamming hooves against the ground is heard from the other end of the long hallway that starts the labyrinths entrance. The initial Hoya that has been slashed raises its sword into the air and brings it down unto the ground cutting a deep cleaving cut making a finely made groove/trench like hole along its labyrinth's floor as it missed hitting Dustin entirely.

#108560 MD:1

Dustin looks at the Minotaur and begins to charge a sword art. He runs towards the monster and jumps up, with a huge release of blue light and begins to slash across. Before his blade could connect the monster’s slash with it’s axe slammed into Dustin, launching him back to land a few feet shy of Hestia. “This is proving to be a good fight. Though I would like It better if there was any danger at all.” He smiles, pushing himself up in a hurried manner. I can’t just let it get away with interrupting me. This thing is so dead. Even if it begins to look like I need it, don’t step in.” He launches in, diving past the Minotaur and rolling to his feet on the other side of the beast. So this is the power of a Minotaur. It would have me shaking in my boots if I wasn’t so much stronger than it. He grins once again, pulling his sword up and resting it on his black and silver shield. The red slash mark on his chest carried up to his face as a tingling like walking on a sleeping leg spread through his body. But his determination to prove this game wrong shines through. It’s not so easy to take thousands of lives and end them like crushing a single fly. Give us a common enemy and we’ll fight back. His face morphs into that of an angry beast, almost like he had lost all control.

ID: 108562

BD: 1

Miss

MD: 10

Critical hit

32 - 32 = 1 DMG

260 - 1 = 259 HP

Dustin: 259/260 HP | 21/26 EN | 5 DMG | 32 MIT | 1 ACC | 2 EVA | 1 SVY | 1 PARA | 9 Thorns | BH: 2 (H: 1)

Minotaur: 25/45 HP | 30 DMG

@Hestia

Edited by Dustin

I shrug my shoulders ever so slightly having watched as the next attack connected as the minotaur seemingly took the opportunity for its weapon in the ground to serve as a way to slash vertically upwards on Dustin as i just nod my head rather surprised at the rather mischievous tactic that was used. To purposefully miss an attack to guarantee the next that is actually really cool. I say softly to myself marveling at the advancement of the AI seemingly between my fights that i did simply one year ago and the amount it has advanced from than to have these weird levels of intricacies to make the fights rather bigger spectacles to watch. I just smile and simply enjoys the show that gets presented and waits patiently to see what occurs from this watching this like one would a rather good movie not taking this all that seriously since it is a easy quest to complete, and seemingly Dustin had picked up on that and got the right enhancements to make it even easier for himself.

Dustin’s face full of rage looks at the ground. We either hide from our fear or we fight. I’m not gonna wither away hiding from my fear when I can stand and fight. Why die when you can live instead? His sword begins to glow as he runs in and slashes a V into the Minotaur’s chest once again, noticing the monster drop into the lower bit of it’s health bar. “It’s pretty low, you sure you don’t want to do some damage?” He asks, secretly hoping she’d say no. The fights in this game made it bearable to him. If he couldn’t fight back in this game he would’ve killed himself long ago. I have to go on. I have to clear the game. This prison is holding my brother hostage while I play around killing numbers and letters on a processor. He clenches his fist around the blade and as the monster swings its mighty axe, Dustin ducks under it. Letting the roar of the axe hitting the wall ring out through the hell they called a game, Dustin backs up and watches the beast. It’s pretty much over. Unless the enemy gets stronger the closer to death it drops. He pulls up his blade and smiles. “One more hit and you’re dead, you sure you want to keep going?” He asks, the brows above his eyes pulling in making his smile appear more mischievous than before.

ID: 108563

BD: 6 + 1 = 7

Dustin uses Vertical Arc on Minotaur

5 * 4 = 20 DMG

25 - 20 = 5 HP

MD: 1

Dustin: 260/260 HP | 18/26 EN | 5 DMG | 32 MIT | 1 ACC | 2 EVA | 1 SVY | 1 PARA | 9 Thorns | BH: 2 (H: 1)

Minotaur: 5/45 HP | 30 DMG

@Hestia

Edited by Dustin

I glance over towards Dustin at his question as i shake my head no as i just continue to get comfortable and wait for him to kill the minotaur once and for all to allow the duo to get moving on with the quest since with my experience at the very least that should end after this round as long as he can hit. I glance up towards the ceiling as i count off random things i need to get done sooner rather than later as i just relax. Running my hand through my familiar's fur as i patiently keep my gaze towards the other end of the hallway to watch the moving bits of shadows as the tell tale sign of an enemy of some type is moving towards the duo possibly. 'Dustin probably can handle two of them by himself. i mean there shouldn't be any chance of actual death for him during this quest unless the actual Asterios shows up to murder us both. If Calrex and the others couldn't kill Asterios neither could we.' I think to myself in a haphazard nonchalant manner.

Dustin opts to save his energy and slash at the beast with no sword art. What’d be the point in wasting energy like that? I should be able to take care of it with just a normal attack. As Dustin slashes at the beast, his blade hits the wall, and the axe flies down towards the boy. He jumps into the wall pushing off narrowly dodging the axe. “Damn, I can’t believe I messed that up. I need to try again soon.” He looks at the Minotaur, studying the way it moves and smiles. Now I know how to take it down, it’s rather simple actually. He pulls his pocketwatch out and kisses it for good luck. Ennakai, please don’t fail me now. He moves a bit closer to Hestia, having traveled quite a Distance from the girl. He keeps his distance so as to not needlessly involve the player in Dustin’s fight, but he got close enough to hear her voice if she were to talk. “So, you make any new friends? Got anyone special in your life now?” He asks, mainly as a joke. He wanted to learn about the person he was hoping to fight beside again, but he didn’t want to get too personal. “You don’t have to answer that if you don’t want to.” He says back to her.

ID: 108569

BD: 1

Basic attack missed

MD: 6 - 2 = 4

Minotaur’s attack missed

Dustin: 260/260 HP | 17/26 EN | 5 DMG | 32 MIT | 1 ACC | 2 EVA | 1 SVY | 1 PARA | 9 Thorns | BH: 2 (H: 1)

Minotaur: 5/45 HP | 30 DMG

@Hestia

Edited by Dustin

I've made a few new friends i at least hope i've had, but someone special in my life? I've had one last time we talked so nothing has changed their still in a relationship no need to worry about that. I say towards the battle loving player with a wave of my hand towards him before i once more just sit down and lay back just enjoying the moment of resting for once without really doing anything else besides just resting and not worrying about something coming to attack me. No killers that could want to kill me from being a frontliner and strong player, no plans to try and thwart evil of, no crazy quest monsters that could kill me or even monsters that could. Just peacefulness if it wasn't for the loud fight of a player and a minotaur occurring and from the sounds of it another one storming down the hallways from the other end. Guess you took to long cause another one is coming Dustin. I say towards the player in a amuse tone of voice towards him not sounding worried at all about his possible death.

Dustin jumped up and slashed through he monster’s chest. It disappears into a blue cloud of Pixels. Dustin sees a Minotaur charging down the halls but notices it doesn’t have a health bar so combat hadn’t started with it yet. As soon as Dustin lands, he runs back and picks up Hestia in the bridal hold and runs. “I’m not ready to fight again yet.” He stops. He sets her down, and turns around. “We should have enough time to rest up and get enough energy to keep fighting.” He looks back at her with a playful glare. “I should have enough time to get to full energy, I’m sorry.” He turns and sits down across from her. “Since you told me what’s up with you, I’m gonna fill you in while I wait. Let’s see. I joined a guild, I leveled up quite a few times, I made some new friends, and I got me a girlfriend.” He smiles. This girl always made Dustin happy at just the thought of his girlfriend. “She’s why I’m here.” He chuckles, sliding a drink across the halls towards the girl. “It’s just some wine, don’t worry.” He slips out a bottle of scotch and takes a drink. His face morphs and he nods. “That’s the good stuff. So, you want any snacks? I have a few.” He smiles pulling out a slip of jerky.

ID: 108833

BD; 10

Crit

5 + 2 = 7 DMG

5 - 7 = -2 HP

Dustin: 260/260 HP | 17/26 EN | 5 DMG | 32 MIT | 1 ACC | 2 EVA | 1 SVY | 1 PARA | 9 Thorns | BH: 2 (H: 1)

Minotaur: 0/45 HP | 30 DMG

@Hestia

Edited by Dustin

Take your time if the minotaur shows up he won't get past me i could literally take every single hit they could send at me and just mock them for every single thing that they do. My familiar provides me enough mitigation where you could try to attack me with your strongest attack and you would most likely not get past my familiar's mitigation. I say in a joking tone of voice while also having a confident look within my blue colored eyes as i lean against the wall of the labyrinth waiting patiently as the thundering hooves of the miotaur is slamming down upon the ground as it gets closer with every second that it is away as i glance towards Dustin as he starts mentioning various things about what has been going on with his life as i just nod my head. So how is Stryder's guild doing? I ask curiously knowing it has to be that since Jomei didn't inform others of a new member, and i know that Domarus' guild is dead along with the Ascendants. Which leaves the Knight of Blood Oath and it isn't that from not supporting a bit of red anywhere on his person.

The question reached Dustin's ears as he began to think about the well being of his guild. "They're decent, since Eatos died we haven't spoken much." He answers truthfully. Dustin did kind of separate from the guild after Eatos killed herself, but not intentionally, and he was still part of the guild. "Hestia, we're friends right?" He asks, in hopes she would say yes. But after the words escapes his mouth he instantly regrets the question. What if she says no? She's not the type to leave just anyone for dead, but does that mean you're friends? He looks at the ground before she can answer, "Nevermind." He says, listening to the footsteps echo throughout the halls as the massive monster closed in on the two players sitting lazily in the halls. "Want any snacks? I brought quite a few. I've got crepes, cake, pie, cookies, candy, ice cream, sherbert, froyo, onigiri, sushi, eggs, rice, and mashed potatoes." His inventory moves as he looks through, listing off the snacks he had brought from his favorite store. "I've even got chicken." He says with a cocky smile.

@Hestia

I look towards Dustin and nod my head at hearing what had happened knowing that such things are just part of this world at this point from how things are, but it is a good thing to keep in mind when i go to meet up with Stryder within the future. Well i would say that we are at least allies Dustin though i don't know about friends, but that is mainly because i am unsure what i would constitute as someone crossing that barrier between friend, and ally you know? I say towards the brown haired player with a small shrug of my shoulders as i relax and lean against the wall as i hear the offer for snacks as i just shrug my shoulders as i than shake my head from one side to the other. Nope i am fine for the moment though you should eat if you're hungry sounds like you got one more battle ahead of you which will be easy since they can't kill you. Buuuut, it is still a fight that will drain your energy once more before you could get the Hoya pendant.