[F1-SP] The start of earning some well deserved coin <<Earning A Living>>

He gazes out from his little home within the tavern upon the first floor within the town of beginnings the player lets out a slow deep exhale of frustration as he leans back against his window as he gazes out towards the town watching the sight of various players talking...chattering to one another. His hazel colored eyes gazes down towards the outside having heard the latest news that seems to always get spread and eventually get spoken upon the lips of the tavern goers down inside that a boss has happened, a floor has opened up, and more importantly for him that he could use a new opportunity to gain some useful items. His fingers glide through the air as he presses a few buttons upon his inventory as he activates them as he feels the familiar cloth go against his skin as he holds a hat within his hands before putting it on with a smile. I believe it is time to become a merchant. A british like accent escapes the voice of the man as he starts making his way towards the door of his room within the inn.

The man makes his way forward as his gloved hand grasps the door as he turns the knob and opens the creaky door as he steps out into the hallway as he gazes from one side to the next carefully not wishing to make the mistake of letting a Vagabond enter his room for the night as he closes the door behind him and locks the thing to make sure only he himself can enter. With that accomplished he starts to make his way down the hall his shoes creating a nice thud with every step as his right hand goes up towards the golden medallion keeping his cloak draped around his shoulders as his thumb toys with the golden piece of metal sliding over the thing over and over. His left hand fiddling with a menu with his hand obscured by the green cloak as he has himself ready to equip his axe to teach any unsuspecting ruffian a lesson he shan't forget soon. 'First and foremost though is to get myself a nice little jump in my profession of choice afterall when it comes to merchanting all i have to do is beat out the top man's prices and voila i get the reputation and the better business. With all i need to do is just make it slightly more expensive than the bottom line. With that he will have no choice to make no profit off of his business, or match me.'

He makes his way down the steps as he listens the sounds of the arguing and loud rabble of the players that have come back from their mid day adventures and bring tales of arrogance and boisterous noise that is better left to their quiet secluded rooms. People will be people. He says softly to himself as the green clothed individual continues to make his way through the crowd keeping a firm grip upon his hat with his right hand as his left hand is still ready to equip his axe at a moment's notice to tear anybody that gets in his way. As he makes his way through the crowd he gazes towards the sight of the tavern owner and makes his way over towards the man as he takes out a small bit of col and puts it upon the man's counter as he gazes towards him with a slight nod of his head. A little extra for your troubles. He says with a grin as he drops a bit extra hoping the man catches on the fact he is paying him for some silence about his own whereabouts. Not willing to leave a easy trail for killers to follow if he is somehow their target.

The man simply known by his username of Dagger makes his way out of the tavern closing the door behind him instantly muffling the loud noise that is coming from inside as he than turns around to take stock of the outside world. Well as outside world as being trapped in a video game can get oneself out of, but even than he is not going to let this opportunity for some time in the lap of luxury escape him. With the added bonus he has had enough of studying the scared children within the taverns to get a indeph view of their mental disorders and fears that plague their mind, and of course than helping them for a monetary cost that he can get for his services after all he didn't go into this business for helping others out of the kindness of his heart. He did it for learning how people tick and if he can make some coin off of that little fact than he will do so in a heartbeat as swiftly as one could do so. After all it is just a game in the end and who cares if a few hearts and spirits need ot break along the way.

Dagger continues to make his way through the town of beginning to do this quest that is meant to get him a profession and supposedly also been designed differently recently, and with that his interest has been piqued to try and see what makes this version better than the last. The going to be merchant makes his way through the town looking for this supposed NPC that should be around that would wander into you if you would accept their version of the quest in one way or the other. He doesn't need to wait long as some child runs up to him and starts to speak to him Dagger can only smile at how swiftly this is being taken care of as he waits patiently for the child to finish speaking. "Want to get some good loot? If so follow me and i can show you how to identify something as long as you can get the loot yourself." The kid says as he just nods his head figuring that it would have to be this case since by the end that is all it would matter to get loot, identify it, make a profit by doing so and all he would have to do is go and kill a few mobs most likely to get the small bits of loot that would be lying around. Don't worry i'll be back after all systems need to be broken, and profit needs to be turned. He says with the faintest chuckle of amusement as if told a joke only he had heard.

He nods his head towards the kid and starts to take his leave heading towards the most common place where one could make use of finding some nice unidentified gear and that is scrounging around the area near the town of beginnings where players might drop them due to not finding any use in them. However, from the scraps of others he will be able to rise to strength in the form of just monetary compensation along with having a plethora of unique items at his disposal that he could than see what will become of those he sells off. After all there is plenty of attempts to make, and many different uniques for players to gain. He looks ahead finding himself moving forward as he makes his way through the town as he glances around from one player to the next at a rather relaxed pace taking his time to enjoy the last moments he will be on this floor as long as he can help it. 'Though to make the most use out of myself i will need to find some partners...bodyguards or something of the like to form a symbiotic relationship with.' He thinks to himself idly as he glances towards a group of players talking ot one another catching brief words and mentions of various quests on higher floors than what is provided by this floor. 'I should get some mitigation and thorns to help me survive after i get me some well deserved help in finding things type of items.'

He makes his way through the city until he eventually breaks out into the wide open area that is the outside the safezone as he quickly equips his two handed axe as he holds onto the weapon with both of his hands gritting his teeth at the rather surprising weight behind the object within his hands. Seems like i'll need to practice attacking first for self defense before i could move onto anything for even just searching items in general. He says with a slow sigh escaping his lips as he grips the weapon and goes for an overhead strike towards the ground as he quickly finds himself off balance as the axe swings down and cuts into the ground. A deep cut now within the ground as he finds himself trying to free the axe with some difficulty as he tries to pull the weapon free with just his arms quickly tiring himself out with very little success. The green cloaked man falls onto his ass as he opens his inventory and puts the axe back into his inventory by pressing unequip button therefore freeing him from that responsibility. Though making him realize he legitimately has no chance for being any good within combat with the way his combat experience is at the moment. So the idea that the game can just guide you isn't true, or i haven't done the correct motions to proct the game's guidance. Either way i should post pone from entering a fight until i can know how to deal with the foes that will be waiting me. I'll just have to make deal with being faster and stronger than what the enemy can dish out.

He glances around the area as he looks through the fields of the town of beginning he makes his way through the fields taking out his axe as he spots some signs of small boar pups that are roaming around as he gazes towards them being mindful of the fact they could kill him if he isn't careful. After all they had murdered someone if the monument of life is meant to be true and accurate with who murdered each person whose gotten their name crossed off of it. The young business man having kept himself up to date on the monument and having taken the most interested note on the notes of people murdering each other and yet the killers having not been caught in any fashion. 'Aereth is still around, and so is that mari girl which means their is no justice in this world just killers able to do as they desire. Cave man times possibly? They don't have any concise structure of society to try and maintain order.' he thinks to himself as he watches a boar run towards him as he grips the axe within his hands as he looks down towards the enemy and swiftly swings the axe downwards cutting into the boar as it hands him a unidentified gear as he nods his head and puts it back into his inventory.

#108513 LD:15+1=16 CD:6 rare T1 unidentified armor

Edited by Dagger

He continues to make his way through the stretched out grassy plains as he holds onto his two handed axe and takes some practiced swings with the weapon trying to understand how to even wield the item in question effectively. I should've maybe picked something less upper body demanding like this axe like one of those rapier. At the very least if i went with that it would be similar to fencing and thus wouldn't be as demanding upon my form, but at the very least i can get people fearful if i get the right little trinkets. He says softly to himself simply wanting to defend himself from the forces around him that would want to use and kill him like the killers that rest within the shadows. The man makes his way through the fields as he spots another small boar start charging towards him as he smirks slightly and gets into a battle position while gripping the axe tightly while watching the small creature rush towards him. 'And...now!" he thinks as he moves forward and swings the axe low cutting through the enemy once more dropping a unidentified weapon.

#108514 LD:13+1=14  CD:2 rare T1 unidentified two handed axe

Loot:

Rare T1 Unidentified two handed axe

Rare T1 Unidentified Light Armor

Edited by Dagger

He glances around as he holds onto his axe as he wonders what to do after this since he needs to start making some decent amount of col if he wants to get his shop off the ground as fast as possible which means he would need to find a way to advertise his shop, and than secondly find a way to make sure that he sells his products in some fashion to those who would need them. 'I could always buy my own product not like i am selling drugs where you don't test your own products.' He thinks to himself with a small chuckle at his rather poor in taste joke as he continues making his way forward as he spots another boor rush forward as he gets into a attack stance as he feels the system pull him into action as he slices through the enemy ending it within a singular attack as it drops another item as he glances at what he had received and chuckle to himself. Well than seems like i got every option except a shield or a trinket. He says in amusement at having gotten a diverse set of options presented to him.

#108515 LD:3+1=4 CD:10 Uncommon T1 Unidentified Consumable

Edited by Dagger

With what he has acquired he starts to make his way back towards the main settlement as he takes out a small notebook and starts to flip through the pages looking through various people's names that has become his patients as he grins ever so slightly as he remembers the day where this all simply began. 'The day where everyone's lives went from great to hell.' He thinks to himself as he finds himself drifting off into thought as his walking slowly down only just ever so slightly is what he can notice before he starts to daydream while walking through the fields.
-Flashback-
He opens his eyes as he gazes around the area seeing a town made of stone and wood as he nods his head with a slight grin as he glances about at the various other players that he has taken notice of talking to one another. The loud buzz of words echoing throughout the area as he has entered the world of Aincrad the world of swords for a reason unlike the others. For the simple goal of studying these players and to just observe by trying to find a group that he can observe and use as his focus for his research. After all even though he himself can't study every player as much as he would want he can only hope others from his field had taken note of the unique opportunity that this game presents for studying possible increase in aggressiveness when exposed to a environment that makes one think they are killing creatures by being within first person mode and the graphics actively trying to mimic the real world.

--Flash back continued--
He walks around the town of beginning with a smile upon his face as he enjoys watching the players make their way around this new world enjoying the sights and sounds that it can produce for him as he calmly walks around till he spots a group that looks good enough for him to use as his test group of what seems to be four players. With a grin he makes his way into a nearby alleyway to hide from the players as he glances down towards his outfit and sees that it looks generic enough that he could get away with just following them for new players to accomplish similar goals seem like a rather likely scenario that he could play out and use to his advantage. Keeping an eye on the group of four he makes his way forward following the group of four that looks like they are heading out of the town as he just keeps an eye keeping details of their gender, approximate age, and ethnicity in mind since it would serve as a decent base to figure out how to study individuals in the future. 'To figure out the mental affects can be based on at least these three factors till i can afford to ask them questions since if they know i am viewing them they will change their behavior and thus won't act as natural as one would when not observed seemingly.'

--Continued--
He would follow the group as they would exit the town of beginnings as he follows the group of four as he glances from one individual to the next as he processes the physical details that he can observe. 'Green crystals whatever that means, one Caucasian male, one dark skinned male, a Caucasian female, and lastly a male that looks of Asian descent at the very least i can get something the gender variable will be rather inadequate for this sample but it is the best i had for at least racial diversity.' He thinks to himself as he follows the group from a safe distance doing his best to stay rather low and avoid making to much noise which works rather well and in his favor since it seems that they aren't the type to be looking out to much behind them for people following them. He grins to himself at that since it means he can get close without worrying to much and stay within viewing range while also having a greater scope of the land to allow him greater safety from possible creature attacks.

--Continued--

He gazes towards the group as they exit the town and slowly make their way through the rolling fields as the green cloaked man frowns at his luck of having to find a group that wanted to travel a good distance away from where he wanted to be as he just sticks with it equipping a basic dagger as he flips it through his hand ever so slightly as he stares forward towards the group of players. The psychological observer now having to equip a weapon to defend himself from the various boars that would be roaming through the fields as he tries to sneak closer to get a better position to hear every word that is being said between the group.  He slowly approaches them and smiles to himself as he watches the group engage in combat with a group of smaller boars and seemingly are able to handle themselves well. Even if the beginning moments were rather clunky they had avoided getting hit by the creatures which is rather good for at least himself. The green cloaked man having stuck close to the ground like a soldier crawling through enemy territory to avoid detection as much as possible which seemed to work in his favor through sheer luck, or the fighters ignoring him thinking him not a threat, or simply to distracted with the fight. Either way he is counting himself rather lucky in this regard.

Edited by Dagger

--Continued--

He continues to move himself forward urged on by watching this rather interesting events play out the aftermath of this fight their very first for at least his observations and if he can get a good look he can than judge a impact of something by seeing them react to having to fight with what could be perceived as their lives. 'Though they also do know this is just a game and thus this might not be the best judgement for such things. However, you can never know the psyche is a interesting thing after all that is immensely powerful.' Dedicating every word that is spoken by this group to memory so that he can write it down later when he exits this game from not having thought ahead to grab something akin to his pocket sized notebook to write everything down. A mistake for certain, but not what that can be fixed within a few moments of returning back to the town since it is a game and thus from previous games it is easy to infer that their is a merchant who'll sell such goods to players. He than watches the players travel a bit further maybe a few miles or so which took about twenty minutes as suddenly he sees something spawn out of nowhere which looks nothing like the common boar type enemy he has seen. He watches the players try to run only to get charged by the creature that from what he can tell looks like a wolf of some kind tear through the players Dagger just nods at this and makes his way back towards the main settlement. 'That is rather disappointing i'm certain that i won't be able to view them like that again since by the time i get back to the town they'll all most likely be gone by then and that leaves me without a observation group anymore.'

--Present--

He looks towards the ground with a small sigh as he shakes his head slowly from one side to the other remembering that rather relaxed event when it was within the moment. Now he knows that he has seen four players murdered before his eyes by the mechanics of this game having killed four players who just wanted to explore the world and got punished for it for not trying to level grind immediately. Even now there is no name towards the faces that were murdered that day from himself having never spent any time dedicated towards trying to go to this monument of life to pay his respects to the individuals he had observed. 'Death is just part of the cycle of life....it just comes sooner than others.'  He glances up as he arrives back at the gates of the town of beginnings. Well lets get going than shall i? My shop isn't making itself.

Moving through the town and past the talking individuals of players one after the other moving past and seemingly not having a care in the world as either individuals or groups he observe the faces and the number of people he passes by as a single thought drifts through his mind as he does so. 'How many will return alive, how many are too arrogant for their own good?' The green cloaked individual pulls down his top hat to shade his eyes. He walks up towards the NPC that is meant to teach him how to be a merchant by utilizing the identifying ability that merchants have as he gazes towards the child with a calm look within his hazel colored eyes. Dagger takes out the three items before pleasantries could be exchanged as he looks directly towards the kid who picks up each piece of gear moving it about seemingly investigating each little detail of the items in general before nodding his head.  Looks like you got the real deals now you have to go and identify these things. Go on. The kid says gesturing towards Dagger to get to doing it as the man just shrugs and picks up the weapon at first.

Edited by Dagger

He looks over the body of the axe running his hand gently along its form as the smallest details come into view about the weapon from the jagged edge along the axe that looks like it is meant to cuts multiple times through the wound to ensure a longer healing time. Gazing towards the metal of what the weapon is made of the slight greyish silver color not the average metal that with which a normal weapon would be made of which means it could be made of a tougher material than average. Dagger looks at the weapon rather confused after that small information dump is poured into his mind as he can only just look at the weapon that for him clearly has the bleed and damage enhancement upon it. His right hand moves along the blade in a gentle manner and with one of interest from the fact of how the game is trying to work and make its professions work. Bleed and damage is what this weapon has. The Boars tusk. Dagger says while looking over the weapon as the handle becomes brown and seemingly made of a strong wood the color being reminiscent of a boar's hide color. The blade following suit as the axe's blade becomes ivory like color like the tusks of the creature in question with a design moving along the pommel of the wood being that of red swirls spiraling upwards.

#108598  LD;11  Bleed   #108599 LD:19  Damage.

Edited by Dagger

Next he picks up the long flowing coat as he can already feel what must've been the sturdy hide of the creature that he had gotten it from with the material looking rather light also despite having this sturdiness towards it that most other materials most likely owuldn't possess. 'That is the reason leather armor is a popular beginner choice.' Gazing at the material he sees the brown coloring of it as he frowns slightly at that knowing he wouldn't really be willing to wear this around potential allies since in the end it would be more embarrassing than not to part with his current green cloak liking the design much more than this gear. With a nod of his head he gazes at the new item in question as it comes into creation with the texture and coloring of a boar's hide to symbolize its mitigation with a necklace that ties the cloak shut at the top with the use of plenty of small boar tusks as a string. Boar's pride. He names the second item and puts it right next towards the axe "the tusk". He glances towards the last item with a grin wondering what this will bless him with.

#108601 LD:20 mit #108602 LD:9 Light momentum

Edited by Dagger

He picks up the last item a small rock that seems to have a light blue coloring of a hue within it that shifts towards green every now and than the item in question not looking all that interesting or at least within his eyes, but it is definitely something that could be utilized within the future. From what he can observe of the item unlike the others the game seems to have taken most of the work this time around as it states that it is a healing crystal that can heal an entire group of individuals. He raises an eyebrow at that and smiles ever so slightly at that as he opens up the item's stats to look at how much that actually is wondering if this is a good item or not compared to the other two. He gazes at the number and can't help but grin to himself at what he finds as he can immediately see the great use for the item as he picks it up into his hands knowing this is a rather amazing item for his luck. This shall be Boar's redemption. Chuckling a bittersweet chuckle at the name of the item as he pockets the light armor first into his inventory right away not wanting to forget it. Well it looks like our business here is done little child i'll be taking my items now. However, before he could even get within grabbing range of the axe or store the crystal in his hand the child takes the gear for himself with a grin and this strange smile. Consider this payment for allowing you to identify those for free. Doing that costs money you know? Get use to needing to get some payments to advance. In fact let me give you some materials to get you started on that shall i? The kid says with a bit of a arrogant attitude but he did hand over said materials towards the newly received merchant as Dagger just raises an eyebrow at that but accepts it nonetheless.

#108604 LD:20 mass healing crystal T1 uncommon

Edited by Dagger

Looking towards the direction that the child runs off to dagger glances down and looks at the light armor that now belongs to him as he stores it into his inventory not willing to wear the fabric within the town where many people could see him wearing it. With a small sigh he shakes his head in annoyance at that as that leaves him with only one option left to make up for the lost gear. Time to head back already towards my hunt for some decent gear to identify to get me started on my business time is money after all. Making his way over towards the gates to exit the town he chuckles a bit knowing that what he is doing is rather hypocritical to try and grind for items which could risk his life something he was wondering about other players about their ability to come back from exiting the town.  In the end however there is only one way he can do this and he'll do it to the highest amount of success that can be achieved within his means of being a rather poor combatant against beasts most likely if it was a rather serious fight. Dagger makes his way out of the town of beginnings and starts to make his way towards the fields as he glances around at the various options of what could potentially have loot. However, he comes up short sadly at least for his initial findings of the area not spotting anything among the ground that looks disturbed in any fashion.

#108606 LD:4+1=5

Edited by Dagger