[F17-SP] The thought emerges <<Challenge of Olympus>>

He sighs softly having finished off at least a majority of that black clothed individuals list of consumables that he had provided towards him to identify. He gazes toward the list of things that Neo had given him and grins ever so slightly at seeing some tier three weaponry that could be used for his own gain even if it would mean in the end having to switch weapon types if he  needs to do so. A small grin crossing his face at that thought as he wonders what the twins are doing while settling his gaze by looking up towards the ceiling with his arms behind his head as he lays upon one of the couches he has built for his shop. No customers, the twins are out doing something that leaves me with nothing to do. I could always call up that Ennakai woman see if i can get her to join my little group of merchants that seems to be building. Wonder what to even do with having a group like that, and what kind of deal can i make with that Ennakai to see what i can get her to sell through my shop so we can just make it a true one stop shop. He says softly to himself in idle thought.

Edited by Dagger

While laying down in his shop he opens up his menu and scrolls through it till he finds the message function as he opens up the message history that he has which is rather short since it has only been with the red clothed twin looking at the message he sees that she was within similar mind as him. 'Now there is only the question to see where she will fall within our little profession pact to help one another in terms of pricing and getting by towards the top to become the greatest names within our profession. Though there is always the question of how we're going to for certain shut out our competitors.' He thinks in slight irritation as he closes his eyes in thought while laying down upon the couch to stew within his thoughts as he than hears something go off once more a ping sound as he slowly opens his eyes. Glancing towards the side he opens up the menu and sees that it is something about some challenge against the gods of Olympus and them wanting to challenge him.

With a small shrug of his shoulders at being able to see that the gods of Olympus which means floor seventeen are wanting him to participate in some kind of competition for whatever reason the quest is wanting him to do so, but in the end he doesn't have anything better to do at the moment considering all he is doing is just laying down in his shop. With a small sigh he forces himself up onto his feet while glancing around the area of his shop while his silver hair ever so slightly hangs in front of his face as he moves it towards the side while getting up to his feet. With a swipe of his hand in the air the menu appears as he glides down through the various options taking quite awhile to find anything he wanted which was rather par for the norm in this game as he equips some simple gear to assist him for what he plans to do this day. Appearing upon his green cloak is a trinket a small metallic pin that goes into his green cloak with ease as he can feel his eyes sharpen into focus upon the smaller details within the area as he than equips the next item the green cloak swapping out for one that is similar but different from having actual stats to them. He nods his head satisfied for the moment as he dismisses the menu while he turns towards the door of his shop to exit the establishment and make his way four floors down.

Exiting his shop he makes his way through the twenty first floor making his way through the cavern like floor towards the teleport gate of the main settlement where he resides to make his way to the next floor so he can begin the quest and get this over with.  Making his way through the cavern he eventually arrives at the teleport gate as he stands upon the pad and activates the simple word command to get him towards the seventeenth floor. Teleport, Athenea. He says as the blue light surrounds his fourth as he feels the similar sensation of moving between the floors as he lands upon the main settlement of Athenea. His hazel colored eyes moves along the floor as he hears a loud horn echo through the area as his gaze quickly makes his way to look towards that direction seeing a centaur like man appearing before his eyes wearing some kind of cap as he just nods his head taking these things in slowly.

As he looks towards the centaur creature looking thing makes his way over towards himself as he gets off the teleport gate looking towards the creature with a look of confusion wondering if this is part of the quest or not even with its high probability of that. "Good evening sir dagger my name is Alenjadin De Vaergit Nuelpen. I am a Satyr a messenger of the gods to guide you towards the mountain of Olympus where Hermes requests a challenge with yourself as a skill of a merchant." Dagger chuckles softly at hearing the words of this Satyr as he shakes his head from one side the other while having a hand upon his hat as he slowly pulls it off and than bows towards the Satyr to be polite if more so than anything. Well good Satyr if that is the case than please lead me towards this little challenge of Hermes that is requested from me so i can get things started? Wouldn't you say that is a good idea? He would say in a questioning towards the Satyr who nods its head rather excitedly before starting to make its way towards a direction that he would follow.

Following the Satyr that he had already forgotten the name of Dagger puts back on his hat as soon as he could while following the being shortly behind him with his hat tipped ever so slightly to shade his eyes from the sound as he glances towards the Satyr that starts to talk in a rather excited tone of voice for one reason or the other.  Dagger himself would just nod at the words for the most part until something actually interesting came up that he could use for his own gain and benefit when it comes to advancing through the competition that would be between himself and the god Hermes. "Oh yes! That is a splendid idea most definitely! For yourself mister dagger as i said you will be facing the god Hermes in a competition between you and himself at seeing how well you can do in the most important aspects of being a merchant. Pricing your goods to out best any of the competition, being able to actually promote your store to outshine the others, and a few other factors."

'A competition for knowing how to promote, sell, and other factors of being a merchant? Shouldn't be to hard just means that one would have to know how to have a business man, and the first steps to being a business man is the correct personality, and having a web of connections that one could use to their advantage as a leverage.' He thinks to himself while making his way forward as the duo of Satyr and human merchant make their way out of the main settlement  as he gazes between the vast plains of fields that are on the outside of the walls of Athenea. Gazing at the various creatures he can see some gazing curiously over towards the duo but mainly keeping their distance seemingly for safety or something else that he finds himself rather unsure of what could be the case for doing so. Feeling a bit unsettled at the vast majority of creatures that seem ready to try and tear him limb from limb he shifts ever so slightly getting ready to run at a moment's notice to avoid dying from these creatures. Having no form of bodyguards to help him out of this scenario.

• 4 weeks later...

'To face a god in the arena of selling things should be easy enough he is a god while he would have home field advantage on this floor i would imagine they are detached from the mortal affairs and not know what really drives them into buying as they would.' He thinks to himself not thinking anything of the NPC's potential to just be gifted that ability and gain natural advantages during the competition or if this was the real world that such gods could advance with the modern age and know what makes people tick and do as they will from their omnipotent power. Making his way through the plains of the seventeenth floor eventually he arrives at a shimmering area as it parts to reveal a giant mountain that seemingly pierces the heavens unto the next floor like the various towers that extend out throughout the floors that lead onto the next where the fight for survival exists. Interesting. he only mutters out with a half-hearted interest.

Well it is time for you to up and climb this mountain mister dagger the god hermes is waiting for you. The creature says rather excitedly until the area lights up with a dazzling light causing Dagger to try and cover his eyes before a voice starts speaking with the tone being that of confidence and rather quick words that he can barely keep up with. Dagger slowly looks towards the man that is speaking and finds someone wearing a rather stereotypical outfit in terms of design from the white togo that changes to a brilliant multi-colored like robe that would be fitting of a noble seemingly to the sandals with wings on them, and even the helmet with matching wings. The god of hermes stands before him as Dagger just looks at the man and waits for him to finish stating the challenge or whatever the man is going to say towards him. Not really finding the man to be of any interest since in the end these are NPCs and he has things to sell to actual players with this being a small stepping stone to improve his mercantile business to be on the level of Aincrad's top merchant.

Well you're the one that they call Dagger welcome to my domain. Today we will be trading, promoting, and convincing people that our store is better than the other through any means that you can think of really. The competition will start when we arrive at the town i will use my powers to conjure up to stores for the use during this competition if you can sell more than me which we will tell via the money that we will have by the end you win. The god says towards him in this seemingly matter of fact tone of voice before starting to make his way towards the town at a rather swift speed as if to be a testament to his name of the god of travel and messenger of the gods. Dagger starts to make his way towards that direction until he gets covered in a blue light that he has only seem from the teleport gates as he finds himself in the middle of the town suddenly alongside the greek god hermes who conjures up two stands one across from the other as he looks towards the man who just nods his head and points upwards. Looking up he spots the sight of the satyr with his lips against some type of interest he could only assume would be for the use of this contest for the start and end of it.

Hearing the sound of a loud high pitched flute the competition has started as he stares at the greek god Hermes who is seemingly just waiting and staring at him as he just nods his head and studies the man himself. This is a game of analyze and outplaying the competition to get ahead in the competition one must be able to undercut the other and than out charisma them in the words that are said and in the reputation that one can gain. Staring at the man he observes the prices that he has set and sees that the have been marked up compared to even that of the man known as Shield a bit more expensive but not by much with a nod of his head he just sets the prices of his equipment he is selling to that of the shop he has back at the Cloak and Dagger. With a grin across his face he waits patiently for the customers to go to him rather than the greek god since in the end it should naturally see that the cheapest option would be the one to go to in the end since it would be more favorable to spend less money.

He waits patiently and observes the onlookers as they start to seemingly notice that this is a challenge set by the god and that the onlookers are now apart of it at least that is the vibe that he gets from it. He watches as the masses start to make their way towards the greek god and buy from his shelf of items as he raises an eyebrow at that as he does get some customers also and treats them kindly and hands him the goods he can't help but observe in confusion why people are going to the opposition. The green cloaked man not understanding at all for the reason why would choose familiarity over the obviously cheaper prices that the man has over Hermes. 'Fine i need to get my way right now rather than later.' he thinks to himself as he starts advertising his own shop to put him above the man. Listen one and all listen and hear my words! The price for this here Glowstone! Is only 200 compared to that man's 220! Furthermore, this bedroll and bed sheets are only 1 piece of col compared to his 15 pieces of col this is a steal of a lifetime! He announces loudly as he slowly starts seeing some people head over towards him as he grins keeping that in mind.

As he would announce this loudly and rather proudly with the confidence of a man drunk off his mind and cursing out the gods of this land the people slowly make his way over towards him as he continues shouting out the deals as he would look down towards the people as they slowly arrived. He would slowly listen to some of them idly talking to themselves taking down every little thing that they said so he can understand people slightly better in terms of getting some business. From the fact that they have regular people that they go to, from the fact that reputation is everything. These being things he understands yet hadn't had the time to actually observe within a setting from which to understand the effects in their entirety at the end of each of their sales he would say one simple thing to them to get his name out their. Tell your friends about me. Dagger of the Cloak and Dagger sales guaranteed better prices than anybody on the market and selling things that others don't have for your one stop, shop needs. With each time that he said that he would slowly but surely get more people rather than the god in question.

As this would slowly progress he would understand one simple fact about the people that he would interact with and thus how he could apply this to players slowly but surely. 'If i make a deal with players i first need to find the less fortunate and spread my name to them give them some easy prices than slowly but surely raise the prices to what i usually sell. Afterwards it is as simple as showing them i have everything which would require me to slowly get my own little merchant guild up and running for people to buy from my group and nobody else which means i need the most active crafters on the market to make this work. Ennakai would make a fine Artisan partner, i run merchants, the twins will handle Alchemy and something else that i can't remember at the time. Though i do know i need a cook under my ring which means i will need to find a active one to work for me though they would need to be willing to destroy all other professions in the market.' He thinks to himself calmly at that thought as he makes his way forward as his mind slowly forms the idea of what he wishes to do in this world since in the end he is just following the business code. Be more competitive than everyone else and direct people to him over others that would get in his way.

After much time of one thing after the next the event against the god ends as the man would walk over towards him calmly and than drop an item into his hand with a grin as bright as the sun seemingly as the god Hermes would look down to him. The job wasn't to beat me no far from it. I wished to simply see if you had what it takes to become the best, and you have shown that now go and sell the masses. He says before disappearing in a burst of feathers leaving Dagger once more to do as he pleases as he just nods his head and starts to make his way outside of the town to do something that would be beneficial to him while he is out searching for some treasure that he can test this new item with from what he has heard about this quest. "something to make my identifies easier to do if i get a nice chest from this i can than go out and actually test to see if my luck for getting my first unique would be worth it or not.' he thinks to himself in a rather happy and excited manner at such a thought of getting the first unique trinket on the market for people to buy from if their is even things such as unique trinkets.

Edited by Dagger

As he would make his way through the main settlement he would eventually arrive to the more wide open plains of the seventeenth floor and he glances towards the direction of what should be a rather huge and obvious mountain that would house the home of the gods, but the mountain is gone entirely from sight and if it wasn't for the item in his inventory he wouldn't be surprised if this was somehow a dream and there wasn't an olympus mountain to begin with. As he would make his search through the plains he would glance around for anything that he could use for possibly cloth making more so than anything else since he won't be needing any sort of weapons from blacksmiths. 'I might have an axe but i'll stick to what i get from my store to be enough i just need better light armor to stay at least be somewhat helpful towards the twins' He thinks to himself as he walks forward  not really wanting the light armor for himself more so to hand off to his right and left hand in this business than slowly down towards others.

#110587 LD:10+3(cloak)+1=14

Edited by Dagger

He closes his eyes in thought as he wonders who to even choose for the other spots to fill his little scheme since it would have to be a mix of those who would know and who should know about his plan to shut down any and all other businesses. 'I would first need to find a way to make them agree to sell things in my shop which would be hard enough as is by having them agree to hand me items and such. Though i think it would be an easy enough sales pitch to request specifics items to be sold as they become relevant and requesting specific stats for them. That is if i can get them to agree to the deal in the first place. After that it becomes a game of figuring out what to do and slowly limiting options by expanding what i want far enough to force them to agree with us or get no crafting at all...that could work actually since i have heard some big crafters have recently gone and stopped doing that. Leaves a nice open market.' He thinks to himself with the slightest grin ready to use this downturn to his advantage.

#110588 LD:1(nope)

Edited by Dagger

With a gaze settling through the wild plains of the seventeenth floor his gaze finds itself upon a plant that identifies itself as a material that he can pick up and actually use. With a outstretched hand he pulls the material from the ground as it implants itself into his inventory within the collective new bunch of mats that he now has for himself to use for any and all means he deems worthy. One step closer to getting lots of mats to craft up a nice piece of gear in the future when i finally decide i feel like fighting against others. I don't even understand why they pick up the blade and killers exist within this world..well their is the answer of them seeing others as just contestants and threats to their safety though. A killer can be born out of paranoia and within this world where normal gamers do become that it is entirely possibly, but also possible for the unstable to have tried to use this as a escape method. He says calmly towards himself with a nod of his head as he gazes forward and continues walking forward.

#110589 LD:18+4=22 1 T2 mat found

Edited by Dagger

A grin settles onto his face at finding some solace to the answer of morality that people could have about why their are killers, bad people, or even those who would wish ill will into a world like this game. The simple answer of paranoia and disbelief and others just entering to use this world as a escaped and been promptly molded by it. Like myself really. Psychologist turned merchant that is going to make sure i stay ahead of the rest of these players. I'm certain family and friends would think less of me if they even saw what i was doing, but who cares really i got things to do and as long as i live in this world i will do my best to live within the lap of luxury. He says with a chuckle that escapes his lips as he continues walking forward as his thoughts slowly narrow down onto one goal within his mind. The goal of being Aincrad's top group of professions.

#110590 LD:13+4=17 1 T2 mat found

2 T2 mats found total

Edited by Dagger

After a scan of the area with a quick sweep of his eyes he just nods his head deeming everything he could want to do during his time within this area to be settled and done with so he can go on his way back towards his shop and than towards the lesson quests. After all he is on a strict time set now to get stronger so he can interact with more people of a higher caliber by having more levels to show himself as useful to everyone he would come into contact with along the way. Then while doing so it would all lead to a nice buildup of good and services distributed only by a select amount of people that can than be closed up and let others just fail horribly and rely on themselves rather than the strong command center he will hold over the marketing industry. 'I believe as they said in the past. It is time to seize the means of production.'

#110591 LD:3+4=7

Summary:
+2 SP, 400 COL, 2 T2 mats

Edited by Dagger