[F1-PP] Past & Future, Light & Shadows. <Itzal & Zandra>

Every floor was massive.  They had obvious paths and locations of interest.  They had hidden dungeons and caverns, buildings and structures that players could explore.  Then there were the sections of the map that were ignored, or unseen by all but a few.  Secret passageways.  Mob spawning areas that quickly became grinding zones.  Treasure groves that gave players who found them much rewards.  One could say it was impossible to find everything on every floor.  But Itzal, being a master scout, and utilizing his free time, had managed to map out the entire first floor.  He now stood on one of the uncommon areas.  Not unnoticeable but not important either.  The wind blew past him, pulling at his purple trench coat, ripping through his hair.  His hands were in his pockets as he stood there, his face void of any emotion as he stared down at the ground.  Specifically, the verbana flowers he was in front of.  Out of all the flowers in this field, the verbana flowers held the most weight for him.  They were his adopted sister's favorite flower, and purple was her favorite color.  Because of this he had tried to keep them around his house as a reminder of what he fought for on a personal level.  Velnia was sleeping in a bed of flowers currently.  Itzal had asked her to stay out of this conversation if possible, and knowing how he was feeling helped convince her to just wait it out.

It was reaching dusk.  The sun slowly descending the stairs of the heavens.  Darkness slowly but surely creeping into the sky, and eventually, the land around.  It would be a while however before darkness took them.  He had messaged Zandra, asking if he could talk to here.  He could have chosen anyone.  Hestia, who was a very kind soul.  Kind enough to want to save Domarus from himself.  He could have chose to speak with Shield, who was understanding.  Or spoken with Jonathan to try and make amends, bridge the gap.  He could have sent for anyone he personally knew...  But he didn't.  He didn't message Hestia, because she would try and fix the problem immediately and get him to rejoin the front lines.  This however..  This wasn't something that could fix overnight.  It needed time.  Shield was understanding, but he didn't seem strong in the sensitive and emotional department, and thus would probably just make this hard for Itzal rather than better.  Jonathan was having his own issues he needed to go through.  Zandra...  Zandra had a hard time as of late.  She was judged because she sided with Ariel, who had clearly murdered Lowenthal.  She used to be a very sweet person but then became more twisted and dark.  She was a dangerous individual.  Zandra however, was not.  And he needed to stay in touch with someone active.  Kasier took many breaks due to fatigue.  Itzal needed someone active to be with.  His skills sensed the approach of an individual and he knew who it was.  "...Thanks for seeing me so last minute @Zandra.  I really appreciate it."

Zandra was laying in the doublebed that was on the second storey in her mansion where she and Avilon lived, or, where she lived. Avilon had been gone for so long she must have run away with someone else. Though at the moment, the purplehaired tank she loved wasn’t the thing on her mind. So much have happened the last few weeks. First they had the floor boss fight unlocking floor 24. After that, she was busy roaming and exploring the new floor. Then there was the event. That angel. Zandra turned over on the side and stared out thru the window. She looked at the sun that was on walking down across the sky, soon would hide behind the horizon. The angels words had struck Zandra hard, both during the battle but also after. She had walked up to Shield after and refused the offer to join his assault squad guild. She had hurt people during the battle and then tried to repair it. She was already disliked by many, would this make any difference? Had she destroyed bonds she would otherwise have been able to repair? Was there anyone that would dare to be in her presence after seeing her rage attack? She didn’t knew since she had totally isolated herself from everyone else since she needed time to think.

This was what she thought off when a ping was herd. She sighed as she rolled over and opened the mailbox. It was from Itzal. The two of them haven’t been adventuring much, but she felt something to the man at the event fight. It felt like he didn’t got disgusted by her. It seemed that he maybe even would be her friend. Though that could just have been a feeling she got and actually didn’t meant anything. It could have been just to make her keep fighting in the fight and not stop being their weapon. But by some reason, it didn’t felt like he meant it like that. He wanted to meet her now. She guessed she couldn’t lay here for eternity. So she pushed herself up and headed out.

As she walked towards the village she changed from her underwear she had slept in to her old town clothes she had used ever since the beginning. Brown boots, a red skirt with suspenders, a dark t-shirt and a red scraf with a hood attached. Not that much later she was standing beside Itzal. She had went thru several greeting phrases and how to greet him on with a smile and wave. But all of them had disappeared and her faces was neutral her soft voice only said two words. ‘’Hi Itzal.’’

Town clothes:

Spoiler

wolf_hunt_by_thaoiiees-d61u27p.thumb.jpg.fe09a66874a51cd5062becf20367c480.jpg

@Itzal

Edited by Zandra

Itzal didn't turn to look at her as she approached.  Not yet at least.  He waited for her to stand beside him, or at least close enough to listen.  He stared at the violet flowers for a moment then spoke again.  His voice soft and quiet.  "Funny isn't it?  How the tiniest things can make a fortress crumble..."  He sighed and turned to her, a smile on his face even though his eyes showed heaviness and weariness.  "Sorry, that's meant for later..  Thanks again for coming Zandra."  He looked at her in the eyes and his smile faded only slightly, nodding in understanding.  "...I know life's been hard on you lately.  Players judging you, and then of course the fallen angel Artamiel..  I used to judge you for a short time too until I kicked myself for it.  There was never a reason I should judge you after all."  He turned to look at the setting sun.  "Everyone has a reason for doing something.  Even if it seems like what the person is doing is selfish, or cruel.  Twisted or disgusting.  Until you know the whole story you'll never have the right to judge.  And even if you do, and that other person has done horrible things...  You still can't judge.  We're all in the same boat in the end.  All of us have done things we're ashamed of.  None of us are perfect.  It's because of this that I wanted to apologize.  I'm sorry, for having judged you before asking your side of the story.  For not getting to know you earlier.  And I hope...  I hope you'll give me the chance to do so now."  Itzal stared at the sun for a moment longer before sighing.  This time he turned his entire body when he turned to look at her.

"If you want proof that I would like to know you as a friend, and not just so that I can try and use you in any way.  My real name is Felix Arno.  If at any point I somehow offend you in any way whatsoever, I give you permission to find me in the real world and punch me if you need to."  He still couldn't believe he was giving away his real name, but he had guessed she was hesitant to trust people.  At least, from what he saw in general from her, as well as what he saw in the event boss fight.  "I won't be much help when it comes to quests or dungeons.  My damage output is pathetic because I use a one handed straight sword.  I'm mainly good for stunning opponents, finding dungeons, and gathering materials.  Also finding players if you need help with that.  It's not much, but I want to be able to help if you need it."

@Zandra

Zandra took a few more steps so she stood beside Itzal. Then he started to talk. To judge from the pressure in the air, this was quite an important moment, but that she knew even without that. So she let the man talk without abrupting. He did looked at Zandra before turning forward again. Then he kept talking and turned his whole body towards her. Zandra turned her head and looked back into the blue globes that was his eyes. She did let out a deep sigh. So this will be about Ariel. Curse you woman. Zandra thougth when she herd the lioness name. She got taken by surprise when he said is real name. Though it was only showed in her face by her eyebrow raisning a bit.

When the scout was finished Zandra closed her eyes for a few seconds and nodded. She turned her face forward and took a pair of steps forward. ‘’I do appreciate that you shared your real na… I mean, for sharing the name of the human that is controlling you. You will always be Itzal to me.’’ She paused a bit before she continued.’’So, you wanted to hear my side of the story? Is it okay first if I ask you what side of the story have you herd? What did you based the judging on before you kicked yourself for it?’’ she asked with a neutral voice, staring forward.

@Itzal

He heard sigh, obviously upset with something.  Either it was the circumstance she was in, people judging her, or perhaps her entire life now anchored to that one event.  However, Itzal wasn’t going to linger on that subject from the beginning.  He was simply using it as a starting point.  Whenever talking to someone about accepting an idea, you needed to address the faults first, knock them out of the way, and then present the positives.  When he heard her talk about the name of the human controlling her he thought about it for a second.  He had forgotten that these weren’t real bodies.  That they were in the bodies of avatars.  Though the way she said it, almost made it sound like she believed she wasn’t actually the person, that her mind was the mind of the avatar and not a human being at all.  When she asked if he wanted to hear her side, and asked if she heard his side first.  Itzal nodded.  “Originally I didn’t trust you.  Not because you did anything, but because you sided with someone I could no longer trust.  Someone who became dangerous and violent.  I was being extremely cautious at that time and stuck with only the people I trusted the most.  Eventually however, I realized how foolish I was for not trusting you simply for protecting Ariel.  I realized that if a friend of mine turned evil, my first reaction would be to protect and save them.  I tried doing that for Aereth…  Tried, at least.  I don’t want to force you to share anything you are not comfortable with however.  If you don’t want to talk about it we don’t need to.  I want to get to know you Zandra.  And I refuse to let something that happened in the past keep that from happening.  I don’t let the past define who I am, who you are, or who others are.  I focus on the present.  Who we are today.  If the time comes where you want to share it with me then I will listen.  But I won’t judge you for it.  Never that.”

@Zandra

So, it was as she thought. Itzal wasn’t really the only to dislike the berserk healer for being there for her friend. It sounded on him that he was honestly sorry. And that he would listen, and judge first when he knew her side. He wanted to get to know her better. To be honest, after the event, she wanted to get to know him more. Know him very good. She turned around with a serious look on her face. She took of the eyepatch that covered one of her eyes, still with her hood on. She wanted to look at him with both eyes. This eyepatch was only part of her outfit after all.

‘’Itzal, first I will say Im thankful to you for wanting to listen to me. Several people don’t care about that. They either have hearts of stone, or just ignore the reason, or don’t know and don’t care about finding out. It always feels good to have someone to put the blame on. Well, that’s what some people think, trust me I know.’’ Her mind drifted away for a second to that day on floor sixteen where Hikoru stabbed her before he even had herd her story. ‘’So, maybe it sounds strange to side up with a player killer. But if anyone stops for a second and think about it. Ariel have been a part of the frontlines for a long time. She was there before both of us. She would probably be there if others would have been there for there too. Yes, she killed someone. I don’t defend that action, not at all. But after all this time, someone makes one mistake.’’ She paused for a few seconds before contuing. ‘’I don’t protect her to say that she did the right thing. But when she did it, everyone. And I mean everyone, turned their back to her. Even Hikoru, her boyfriend, did it. Lowe was his mentor yes, but shouldn’t he have tried to do anything to help his loved one? Since she was alone, it would just be normal that she continued down the path as a player killer. So I decided to offer my reputation to prevent her killing more players, as well as be her friend and support her to feel better and realise killing isn’t a solution to anything. What do you think? Did I acted wrong about staying close to Ariel when the world turned against her?’’

He listened to her story and there was some truth to what she said, though he felt she was dismissing the matter of murder too dismissively.  "I agree that you made the right choice in attempting to help Ariel find the right path again.  And to be honest I hope you were able to manage it.  I don't know if you made sure she knew what she did was wrong, but I'm hoping you did.  Murder isn't some crime that can be forgotten easily Zandra.  Imagine it from Hikoru's perspective.  His entire life in this world has been hard for him, and he considered Lowe his mentor yes.  But I think he was also like a father to Hikoru.  To find out that the woman you loved, whom you thought was kind, gentle and would never hurt another person had in fact killed your mentor and father figure in cold blood?  I can imagine why he left.  However.."    He looked at her in the eyes, his face still serious and holding no other emotion.  "His mistake was choosing to hold onto that pain and hatred, not letting go of it.  That's his issue to deal with.  I believe in giving others a second chance.  But I also believe in being cautious about it, and not believing them unless they show they are genuinely feeling guilty about it.  I'm glad you trust me enough to share your story, and I'm glad I understand you better."  He sighed and closed his eyes for a moment.  "I tried something similar...  Aereth was once my apprentice, and he started on a path of vengeance.  I tried to keep in touch of him, to reach out to him.  To guide him on the path he needed to walk.  However, in the end he chose to let himself be consumed by hatred and his thirst for revenge.  Now he's nothing but a killer.  He's become the ones he hunts.

"I understand that everyone has something in their past that haunts them.  Something that becomes their inner demons..  We need to fight it or be consumed, it's as simple as that."  He opened his eyes again.  "So why should I hold bitterness, anger, and unforgiveness to anyone?  Knowing that they have had something happen to them, or something taken from them.  Something that has damaged us all?  Why should I hold it against them when I fight that same struggle?"  He fell silent, letting the wind continue to rip at his clothes as the sun set.  Slowly crawling down into darkness.

@Zandra

Zandra let out a small sigh. Not of of annoyance or anything, just one that sometimes comes naturally, so nothing offensive against Itzal. ‘’Well, don’t take we wrong here. I don’t think murder is something to just ignore. I had to put up that rough façade to make her trust me and believe that I was on her side. If I had taken it softer to her, I think it would have only resulted in looking like I was pitying her. That wouldn’t have been enough. I had to show I still was with her. And she haven’t killed anyone else this far right?’’ she then thinked about what he said about Hikoru. She let out a pained smile. ‘’Izal, to be honest I don’t get him. I was on dungeon hunt with him and Ariel and a few others. What did he said to her? Not much, but he kicked her hard and hid in the shadows. Ive also seen how he looks at her on boss fights and such.’’ She sighed and shoke her head. ‘’There is other things to but…’’ she paused for awhile before continuing. ‘’That is true, we all have something. Aereth wasn’t your fault right? You didn’t pushed him, you tried to stop him. So if it isn’t to much to ask, what haunts you?’’

Listening to Zandra he understood what she meant, and he nodded to indicate that he did.  However her last question...  "...What haunts me huh?"  He sighed himself as he began to explain what's been happening as of late.  "Morgenstern decides to support the man who messed with people's fiancés and wives, encouraging him to continue.  A frontliner decides that a series of numbers and digits that can be duplicated, replaced and resurrected holds more value than a human life trapped here against their will.  Players attack one another out of anger.  After that, a man named Fearx, someone I knew in the real world (we were beyond rivals), decided to work with a man named Chaos to destroy my guild, tearing us apart.  They succeeded, including in the deaths of multiple apprentices.  In the end I found out he wanted to commit suicide, which of course I wouldn't kill him.  One of his followers stopped him by revealing that she loved him and they went into hiding.  Ever since the boss fight something has been..  Resurfacing that I wish I could forget.  Before the systems terminated him, I had a split personality at one point named Ulises.  Created out of the rage from my past.  He told me I'd always be struggling with the rage..  And finally,"  he said, bending his knees so he could reach one of the purple verbana flowers. 

"This.  My reminder of the real world..  My sister's favorite flower and color.  My regrets..  I never spent any time with my family.  I pushed everyone away.  Making friends for the first time here changed me for the better, but.  It will amount to nothing if we don't get out of here.  I need to apologize to her, make it up to her."  He stood up and looked to Zandra.  "So what's haunting me?  You could call it regret and frustration."

@Zandra

• 2 weeks later...

‘’Damn mate.’’ Zandra started. She thought he had a bit on his mind, but this much she hadn’t expected. She thought for awhile, wasn’t sure what to say. But after some thinking she opened her mouth and started talking. ‘’Sorry, didn’t knew that you had so much on you. Do, do you have anyone you can speak with about it all?’’ she paused, didn’t really know how to coniue. She looked at the flower he held in his hand. It was a beautiful, purple flower. She nodded. ‘’It is a beautiful flower. It seems you have something to fight for, something that is worth something to you. That will make you press on and don’t give in just because times get rough. Everyone can need a break, but if you do, Im sure you will come back stronger.’’ She kneeled down and picked up a flower as well. She looked at it. ‘’When you say codes is more important the human lives, I think I know what you mean. But it isn’t your fault, don’t make it push you down. It is the past. After seeing what happened during the Artamiel fight, Im pretty sure it wont happen again.’’ To be honest, she wasn’t sure about that at all. But enough of stuff was on his shoulders, if she could make that even a little bit lighter, she would do it.

@Itzal

"I do have someone," he said softly.  "She hasn't been active lately, but she's there."  When she repeated what he said about code being more important than human lives he quickly added:  "Hirru decided that was the case when it's not.  Code can be programmed, duplicated, rewritten, and restored.  He decided that because the personality, the reactions the world had written into the boss's code made it worth protecting.  Discarding the fact that every human being in this world is trapped.  A death sentence over our heads unless we get out of here in time.  They can't sustain our bodies forever Zandra, we're on a time limit.  There are people in this world, children who've been captured.  We as the front lines are supposed to push through these floors and win this game, so that we can get those who can't fight home.  Hirru discarded that fact and chose to protect one of the one hundred things standing in the way of freedom because he decided that it was worth more than the thousands of lives we are burdened to protect."  He looked at her in the eyes again.  "If one man is capable of doing that, what is to say that there won't be others like that?  Seul for example?  He didn't do anything, but he's the second person now to try and stop us from fighting a boss.  We can't predict the human mind, no matter how hard we try."

He looked at the flower in his hands again.  "...I do need a break.  To take some time and think.  But also to whip myself into shape..  I have someone to talk to about things, but she hasn't been very active as of late.  The plan is to cut all connections so I can't be found.  However I'd like to have someone to spend time with from time to time.  If you're ok with it, I'd like to keep in touch with you.  Make up for lost time, get to know one another.  Only if you're ok with it though."

Zandra listens to Itzals arguments arguments and nodded. It wasn’t really that she had meant, but it also was. ‘’I know Itzal. I know what Hirru and Seul did. I know what Beat did. But they are not like us. Like me, you, Calrex, Macradon and Hikoru for example. And the new ones, Shield, Morgen, Teion, Ruby and Hestia. I don’t think they will turn sides. And Baldur have returned, both in the floor and event fight. Even Jomei showed himseslf in the floor fight. We, are the true frontlines now. Other players is catching up as well. But Im sure the ones I mentioned, will never raise they weapons against someone that is fighting to get out of here. If they do, you can search for Sandra Hagberg back in the real and do whatever you want. Seul, Beat and Hirru did mistakes just like everyone else. I didn’t knew them, so I don’t know how it would okay or anything. At least it only slowed us down, not made us go backwards.’’ She answered, her voice turning sad at the last sentence and adding a sigh.

She listened to what he said when he started talking about taking a break. After what he just said and she just answered. She realized something. ‘’Itzal.’’ She just stared with an expressionless face at him a few seconds before she raised her hand. Just talking wouldn’t work now. Her face turned to looking mad at the same time as she lowered her arm, with the hand flying thru the air and with force striked Itzal on the cheek. ‘’You.’’ She sad with an angry tone, angry, but not furious. Still as loud as normal talking. ‘’don’t you dare. Now! You going to decide to take a break now? With Shield and Hestia on the frontlines, they wont go back to chilling. They gonna push forward. There wont be long time until the meeting will get announced. And you going to back out now? It’s the floor 25 boss, we going to need everyone we can get. We have lost two frontliners, Hirru and Seul. Are we going to lose you to? Because you have to think? Your not alone feeling about Hirru, Beat and Seul. Me is one of them.’’ She turned around, pulling herhands thru her hair and take some deep breaths. She turns back and now talking in a more normal voice. ‘’About your other problems, Im not saying you should forgot them. What I mean is that don’t make this stop you. It is good you have one to talk to. But there is also a lot of others that is willing to talk to you. Like you called me here. Don’t think Im the only one that trust you enough to open up.’’

Mad face kinda like this:

Spoiler

Bildresultat för angry manga girl black hair

Itzal turned to her and saw her hand ready to strike.  He didn't move however, no attempt to dodge.  Even though his instinct was to parry the strike.  He couldn't feel anything of course but he knew why he had made a physical hit on him.  The message was sent regardless.  He didn't speak, didn't move.  He simply waited patiently for her to finish.  Oddly enough, he felt comforted by the fact that she struck him, and that she was angry.  Mainly because it meant that, on some level she cared about him.  When she finished speaking he would shake his head.  "I never said I'm ditching the front lines Zandra...  I may miss the next one, but I'll do my best to be ready for it.  That isn't the kind of break I had meant.  What I'm intending is to disconnect for a while.  Get away from all the politics.  I need some time to process a few things, and I think a few other people do as well.  So I'm going to be incognito for a while.  I've got it all planned out so that no one will recognize me.  I'll still fight for the frontlines, that won't change.  But I need to create some space between me and the others to give myself enough time to think.  And I can't do that unless I vanish."  He rubbed the back of his head in slight embarrassment.  "...Sorry if it sounded like I was just ditching you guys...  I didn't mean for it to sound like that."  He looked at Zandra. 

"As for why I'm asking you directly, I wanted to see if you'd be the one to know and go on quests and dungeons with me, for a few reasons.  One of which, is that of the friends I have left, they probably will just keep pushing me to do something or be a certain way rather than just give me time to figure out what I need, and what I need to be.  Some would probably tell everyone else who I am.  I came to you in confidence because, I don't think you'd spill the secret.  In addition to this, I wanted to get to know you better anyways, and had promised you that I'd give you the chance, and asked if you would give me one as well.  So for me, the decision on who to ask was rather obvious."

Zandra gritted her teeths as she had herd talk. She turned around and pulled her hands thru her long, smooth, black hair. She didn’t knew what to say at first. After a minute or so she turned back to the master scout. She looked into his eyes. ‘’Itzal, did you herd what you just said? First you said you wasn’t ditching us. Then follow up with you maybe miss the next one. Didn’t you saw Artamiel? One more attack and Calrex would have been the only one standing. Have you herd about the tier one and two fight? Several players ‘died’ or came into the red. Kayaba is trying to tell us a message. Lately we, I admit me as well, have went into the fight pretty chill. Didn’t fully buffed ourself like we should do when fighting the strongest enemies in the game.’’ She took a pause and let out a sigh. ‘’We going to need everyone that is strong enough. Im going to work my ass of to build up my alchemy stock for this fight. I wont let anyone die if I can prevent it. And of course, I would love to go on quests with you. And explore hidden dungeons and stuff. Also, you cant even spend a few hours to help us continue this goal to be all 100 floors? If you want, I can go as your representative on the raid meeting. I apologise if I sound like Im forcing you but…’’ she took a pause and look on the horizon. ‘’this may sound selfish, but I don’t want to die. And I want to keep the odds of living as high as possible.’’

Itzal fell silent as he thought about what Zandra was saying.  She had a very good point.  He contradicted himself and there was no getting out of it.  He hesitated but nodded in understanding.  "Yeah you're right..  Things really are going to be changing aren't they?"  He turned to look into the distance for a moment.  "Alright.  I have to make a few stops and changes before I join the frontlines though.  In addition I would like some help with grinding for skill points.  I have rank three in stealth currently, but I don't have enough to get the untraceable mod.  Soon as I get that I won't have to worry about my friends hiring scouts to track me down."  He turned to Zandra.  "And it's a justifiable fear Zandra..  I'll fight on the front lines, this next boss fight included.  But I'm not fighting as Itzal.  I don't have any cover name so you guys can call me whatever you want."  He turned to look into the horizon with her.  The sun was nearly set.  Darkness began to creep across the floors.  "...This is another reason I need someone.  I can't keep strong like this on my own.  Everyone needs someone by their side, through the good and the hard."  He paused before he spoke again.  "I may be overreacting.  But I do think that I need some time away.  Even if I fight on the frontlines, I need some sort of separation from the others for the time being.  I've already got it planned so they won't recognize me."

Zandra looked at the master scout as he agreed about continue fighting to help those that cant fight to get out of this death game, where you risk to die by a mob every day unless you stay in town chilling all day. She didn’t wanted to hit him, she really didn’t, but it seemed she did the right choice. She was also grateful that he understood her. Itzal wasn’t only kind and caring, he was smart, understood what people are saying. A shadow of a faint smile appeared on her lips. ‘’I will be dungeoneering with you Itzal. Lets go do some of the floor twentyfour quests together as well.’’

She looked at the horizon again. ‘’Another reason I want you to join in on the floor battle is that there is not many of us left now. During this last boss fight, there was only a few I really would trust with my life. Baldur, Calrex, Hikoru, Jomei and Mcradon. And you ofcourse. The rest is the new generation. Yes they have reached a long way, but it isn’t really the same as with you guys. With you I feel, safe, comfortable. We have been thru so much everyone.’’ Her head tilted a bit forward, her hair throwing a shadow over her eyes as she turned around back towards Itzal. She took a step closer to him and placed her arms on his back in a hug. Her voice lowered to whisper even though there was no one that would be able to hear them. ‘’Me, as well as you, have lost several friends we have held dear. I don’t want that to happen again. And we are stronger together. If you go into hiding with no way to contact you, then I wont be able to know you are safe.’’

Hug like:

Spoiler

I love you Babu Mai Apke Bina Ni Reh Paunga  1 Mint V  Ap Kahi Ni Jana meri jaan

Itzal listened to her and nodded in understanding.  When she mentioned the new generation he thought of Pinball, Hidden and Domarus.  Hidden becoming a wanted woman because she let a psychotic child at level seventy something loose.  And Pinball because he became a bloodthirsty murderer.  Domarus however, was a man who had done nothing but evil his whole life, and was now seeking redemption, albeit not knowing where to start.  He should probably give her the heads up on them.  Before he could however, she came in and gave him a tight hug, which startled him to where his eyes widened.  He heard her words and he felt his throat tighten for a second, before his body relaxed and returned the embrace.  "...Yeah...  I know..."  When they separated, he'd keep a hand on her shoulder.  "But, I'm not going to cut off communication.  I'm only refusing messages from people who won't know my, other identity.  So we can message at any given time.  As for the front lines..."  He turned to look at Velnia, who was still resting.  "I thought of an alternate way for them to message me that doesn't involve fusing my two identity.  So.."  He smiled to her, grateful that she was seeing him as a close friend.  "You won't have to worry about me.  Or worry about losing contact with me.  Ok?"

@Zandra

• 2 weeks later...

The two frontliners separated, but Itzal still had his hand on her shoulder. She didn’t minded it though. She listened to what the young man had to say as reply to what she had said to him with a friendly, faint smile on her lips. It felt good that he wouldn’t break of contact. This also meant in case he gets in a situation where she wont be enough to help him, Zandra could ask for help since many would probably hesitate at the start if someone that had gone undercover suddenly contacted them. Of course she would only do this if it really was an emergency. She wouldn’t break his trust so lightly. But if her, his and/or others life was on the line, she preferred a broken promise over death. She was sure he would agree so she didn’t mentioned it.

‘’Don’t think you getting away so easily. I will worry about you. As well as I worry about Macradon, Calrex, Hestia, Ruby and everyone else, both those I know and those I wish I know. As well as Ariel, not the player killer Ariel, but the one that was there before. I hope the old Ariel will come back. I doubt it, but I can always hope that one day…’’ her sentence faded out in silence. ‘’I think we have this thing sorted. Is there anything else you wanna talk about? I don’t mean I wanna quit.’’

@Itzal

Itzal listened to her and smiled with a nod.  "I understand Zandra..  And, yeah there is something I'd like to talk with you about.  But, before that."  He opened up his menu and took two items out:  Twilight cloak.  The purple trench coat with a silver vest and brown pants.  And Niger Natio.  His black cloth armor.  He even brought out Hardened Resolve, his original front lines armor.  He switched his current clothing to his newest one.  His rogue outfit.  A black shadow like mist covered his face, but with a few buttons he added Zandra to it's whitelist, effectively allowing her to see his face, but no one else.

"To move forward, we must sometimes leave the past behind us."  he said.  He pulled out a match and lit it, dropping it on the items and letting their durability fade out as they burned.  He didn't want to leave any trace, so this was the best way.  As the items shattered he would take a deep breath.  "There is, one last thing...  If I'm doing this, I can't be part of any party on the front lines..  Well unless they know my identity.  Otherwise players could easily just look at my name on the party list.  That's the last thing I want.  So, I'm wondering.  If you'd be willing to offer joining me when I mention this?'  He took a moment to think.  "We'll also need a tank though...  I need to take some time and think about that one.."

There was something more he wanted to say. But before that, he did something that took her by surprise. The scout took out several different gears and said that they need to leave the past behind them. She saw the item being lit by Itzals match and started to burn. ‘’Yes, you are right.’’ She said and opened her own inventory. She brought out her twin gear, Lyssa that consisted of Lyss, armor of darkess, and Ilya, shield of darkness. The destructive power from the fire started reducing their durability as well until they shattered. ‘’Im sorry Lyssa, but you don’t have a spot in my life anymore. The twin goddess of illusion is not me anymore.’’ She said as the last pixel of her and Itzals gear faded out.

Zandras eyes was still focused on the where the items no longer was as she listened to what Itzal said. As she herd his words, they made total sense, otherwise this going under cover would be totally useless. She felt a drip of sweat rolling down forehead and her eyes widened a little. She gulped as he had finished, but she didn’t said a word. She turned around with her back towards him. The fear in her face wasn’t something she wanted to show him, not now. She had been in a one person party lately, but that was against a relatively weak labyrinth guardian. To do the same only the two of them, against a floor boss. Just when she was going to change and be more caring of others, she would ask on the raid meeting to be her own party. No, yes, maybe. She didn’t knew the answer to this. Not yet. She gulped again. ‘’Im sorry Itzal, I cant give you an answer to that right now.’’ She replied after awhile with a steady voice.