[F01-OP] Painting the Garden's Red

Time: Dusk {the time will change to night in 3 pages if the RP lasts that long}

Kit walked briskly. She was forgetting that this place wasn’t home after the two years of being inside of the game. There was a time she did try to keep track of it using the note function in her inventory, but since then she deleted the document. It was too depressing and it was time to move on. So far she hadn’t seen any of her students playing the game, and that was the sole reason she hadn’t left the starting city. She knew if one of them was playing they’d have looked for her first.

In her mind, it meant the game did not get localized in America. So only Japan was affected. In her mind that was a good thing. She knew they’d get far in life without her and everything would be okay.
She was sure she’d have to leave soon or at least start doing quests to survive a bit better, she couldn’t just sleep in the church anymore. Not that she minded helping out the players who stayed there. No, she had an itch to hunt. Thinking about hunting her eyes wandered down to the knife at her side. It had never seen combat, and maybe soon it would.
She walked to one of the large lush gardens in the city. It had a fountain in the middle of it and several trees. Around it was also beds of flowers. Somehow the scent was relaxing. She sat next to the bed or what looked a little like buttercup flowers.
Kit would people watch looking for someone new to strike up a conversation with. Maybe a hard boiled fighting, or a hard-working civilian. She had seen people gather items in the area before for a quest of some sort.
Kit moved s stray strand of raven hair behind her ear as she relaxed there. Normally she’d be back at the church to help do a roll call but the Sister there said it was all right for her to leave tonight if she wanted to. The idea of getting more equipment was on her mind, and hunting for food was also at the forefront of her mind. Would other players like that? A giant fest of two years of surviving this long. It wasn’t like some of them left the starting like her, but maybe if they saw it as a positive thing it wouldn’t be so terrible.
While thinking of that she started to space out. It was finally time she did something more with her life in this game.

Vigilon always remembered to visit the first floor every once in a while. Sure, it never hurt to face the challenges the other floors had to offer, but it was always good to help starting players get up on their feet. After all, it wasn't every day when someone gathered enough courage to step out of the safe zone for the first time. He wandered throughout the Town of Beginnings, despite that it was dusk at this point, wondering who he might encounter this evening. He normally visited the first floor during the morning or the afternoon, but this time was different, due to something unexpected that he had to take care of. He walked into a nice looking garden, lush and full of various flowers. A relaxing aroma was in the air. He looked around, admiring the view, and soon he saw someone on a bench who appeared to be zoned out. He didn't know whether or not he should speak to her, since he had no clue what might be going on in the woman's mind. He thought it over for a minute or two, then he decided to walk over to her and speak. "Something on your mind?"

@Kit

She was thinking deep thoughts when a man had spoken to her. At first she didn’t react, but after a moment her head snapped to look at him wide eyed. Her shoulders went up, but then she relaxed. She wasn’t use to being caught by surprise. She stared at the piercing red eyes. Perhaps that happened when you saw too much combat, or maybe they were naturally like that.

”Sorry about that. I was just thinking it’d be nice to have a celebration or party on the first floor for people who never left it. I understand why people are afraid to leave, but I worry that, after we don’t see anyone visiting. We might think there’s no one out there you know.” she explained. “You came from the upper floors right? What’s it like up there? Any better than this place?” She asked curiously looking up at him.

She wondered if she was too blunt and forward.

“Sorry, my name is Kit.” she said awkwardly as she still sat on the ground.

@Vigilon

(OOC: Ennakai's HP Bar will be Yellow)

Enna was stumbling and laughing a bit as they started to walk around It almost looked like they were crazy. The purple hoodie with metal plating and their battle skits was quite dirty and red marks of combat could be seen on Enna's arms and face."Ha... Ha, This ... was fun" Enna said low stumbling into the garden of floor one. Enna just got back from a hunt a hunt on not something but someone, a player well recruit from laughing coffin. However, Enna did not notice two players were in the garden as well and Enna just was like 50 foot away from them. with a hard sound Enna fell to the ground onto their back, with a dagger in their hand and a small notebook in the other hand, Enna Closed their eyes and was out of energy not moving at all. No matter what happened Enna was not paying attention to what was going on around them and it may also be one of the first times this happened. The long dark purple hair of Enna was laying out over some grass and between some flowers, while her entire body seemed destroyed as it was under red combat marks of small pixels and other things.

At first, the woman didn't respond, but soon she looked at Vigilon, wide eyed. Was it the eyes? There was always a select few people who didn't think that red was a natural color for eyes. When she finally spoke, she said she was thinking it would be nice for there to be a celebration for the players who still have yet to step outside the safe zone. She also said that although she understood why some were afraid to leave, but was worried about thinking that there might be no one remaining out there if no one was to visit. "I see what you mean. If I was in such a situation myself, I'd be a bit worried, too." She then asked Vigilon if he came from the upper floors, and asked what it was like, and if it was any better than here. "How perceptive of you. I actually am from higher up. I currently live in the seventh floor, but I often go up to the higher floors for some training. Every once in a while I revisit the lower floors, of course. As for if it is any better than here, it kind of depends, really. Granted, not every floor's environment is the best, but everyone's got different interests." The woman awkwardly apologized, and introduced herself. "Don't worry, it's ok, no need to apologize. I'm Vigilon. Nice to meet you, Kit."

@Kit

Suddenly a loud noise caught his attention. "Huh? What was that?" He ran over to see a player who looked like they'd just been through some rough combat. "Hey, are you alright?"

@Ennakai

She nodded listening to him.

”So there are tons of people above us. That’s nice to hear. I didn’t want to check to see who was alive and who wasn’t. I thought that might be too morbid.” she thought about it for a moment. “Could you add me to your friend list. The next time you’re in town I’d like to see you. You can tell me about your adventures.” Through him she might learn how far everyone has gotten, and if there was still hope. “You don’t have to if you-”

She turned and was cut off when he asked what the noise was. She stood up and watched him run off. She took off like a shot after him and slowed seeing a hurt player.

”Woah! Hey you okay?” she went to the other side of her and knelt down.” The woman looked pretty beat up to her it bothered her. How could she have gotten so bad on this floor, or did she run to this safe zone. She looked up at the main gates curious to see if there were enemies outside. “What were you running from?”

@Ennakai

@Vigilon

Enna was hearing voices and opened their eyes to see two players right next to them, Enna gave off a weak smile happy to see two green players and closed their eyes again, "I'm ... Fine now, wait, this it the safe zone," Enna said slowly starting to sit upright and opening their eyes again looking around with her purple like eyes. It was the garden were Enna has been quite a lot before and things here were usually calm, Looking at the gate Enna got a smile on their face, "Well long story short, I seek information, Information about um... laughing coffin... and it went the wrong way, Just like last time," Enna said looking at their HP bar, last time it was fairer as it was three VS two and last time Enna even killed one around Level 20. But the three players that got into a fight this time were at least level 30 maybe higher. "But I think I will be fine, Just some healing pots and all done," Enna said with a smile to both of them.

Enna sounded really confidence and quite happy even tho they were on lower HP in the safe zone. "How about I let you in on something, Name Is Enna info Broker,"  They said pausing a bit then looking to Vigilon, "And you are Vigilon. Waterboy, my main info man... Oh sorry you don't know him by that name but um... the Trident guy, he told about you on the beach," Enna said with a smile referring to Hazado. Then turning to the other player, "And you are... A new face stayed on the lower floor?" Enna said a smile before leaning on their own knees.

@Kit @Vigilon

"What's a laughing coffin? Is that a new monster mob or something? It certainly doesn't sound pleasant." She wasn't one for gossiping, nor did she really travel to higher floors to know about the sinister group. "If they're on the lower floors then, it's getting harder for us here in this world isn't it? It'll be dangerous to travel now more than ever I suppose. Do you need help getting up?" She asked the woman. "We can go to the church on this floor, I work there, and they have some food and reserved potions in case something like this happens, though it's running a bit low. I'm sure they wouldn't mind helping you out though." She explained. "Oh, my name is Kit. I'll be running the Kit-and-caboodle shop eventually or I'd offer you a potion myself," she explained. "Waterboy? Does he give water to the frontliners? I'm not sure if that's what you mean." she felt a bit confused learning all this information. "An information broker? Hey I kind of like that. So do you have a bunch of info on treasure and monster weaknesses, and maybe even secret areas. Are there any on this floor?" she asked.

She looked at Vigilon

"So you're a water boy who wields a trident? So are you like, maybe, Posiden? That'd be kind of nice, could I see your weapon later?" It sounded interesting. She was only used to seeing plain swords, daggers, and spears, a trident sounded very exotic!

@Ennakai

@Vigilon

"I swear, I don't understand how she can have this much energy" Dazia thought to herself as she followed her young friend, Yinangi, throughout the town. "C'mon, the garden's this way!" Yinangi called out to Dazia. If there was one thing that usually wasn't Dazia's thing, it was going to a garden in a town that she'd been in for most of her time in this game, just to sightsee. However, Dazia was going there because she believed that the comforting aromas she'd heard of would ease her tensions and calm her nerves. The cowl of her light armor was on, so few could see her eyes unless she took it off. When they arrived, Yinangi stopped suddenly. "Something wrong?" Yinangi bolted off in a single direction, and Dazia followed her as best as she could. There was apparently a player who might have been damaged or something, and two players, one of them being Vigilon, were asking if they were alright. "Hey, I hate to interrupt, but you seem pretty hurt, are you all right? Did something happen? W-was anyone with you?" Dazia came over to Yinangi, who had basically butted into the conversation. "Yinangi, can't you be a little patient?" Yinangi turned to look at Dazia, her eyes filled with concern...and trauma. "Oh..." One of the things Yinangi had told Dazia about her past in this game, was that her mother had come along with her, but was killed when a PKer had set upon them both, and thus the young player was now basically an orphan. Dazia didn't want to mess with this. She would let Yinangi get her answer...hopefully a positive one. She then looked over to Vigilon. "Nice to see you again, Vigilon. Making your usual visit to the lower floors, I assume?"

@Ennakai @Vigilon @Kit

"Information on the Laughing Coffin? Are you serious about that??" Vigilon had heard that they were among Aincrad's strongest criminal guilds. The damaged player introduced themself as Enna. Apparently, they had heard about Vigilon. A trident-wielding player told them about him at the beach, and yet they assumed the weapon would reveal the identity. "Er, I'm not sure I know anyone who carries a-" Kit suddenly asked Vigilon a question, one that lead Vigilon to realize that Kit thought Enna was talking about him. "Er, uh, no. Enna's probably talking about the informant that told her about me. I once used a sword, now I'm fighting with my fists, making use of the Martial Arts skill." Suddenly Yinangi stepped into the conversation, which meant that there was a good chance that Dazia wasn't too far behind. Yinangi seemed worried, and when Dazia tried to intervene, it was apparently the look in Yinangi's eyes that caused her to reconsider. She then spoke to Vigilon. "Yup, my usual visit...just a bit later than I usually do."

@Ennakai @Dazia @Kit

Enna fell to the ground again and smiled again as the girl asked what kind of monster that was, "Sorry girl, it is... Not a monster, They are players... crooks, Murderers, dangerous people," Enna said giving a cough. Enna then heard that Vigilon was saying he was not the man Enna was talking about, "No I was talking about my informant, Haza... Someone else yeah," Enna said Then Enna got surprised by a two other girl walking up to them, and another smile got off, "I promise, I'm ... Fine, I was alone... Maybe a bit reckless after what ... I said to my companions," Enna said sitting upright again and patting the younger girl on the head, "I'm truly fine," Enna said again staring at the players around them now, it was the first time someone cared about them apart from that one guy, "Please just, don't be all hugging, That may hurt a bit for me now, later I will hug now," Enna said with a smile to the smaller girl. Enna was maybe around the same age as Vigilon here and maybe. they may have looked quite a bit younger but for sure Enna was 18 when the game started.

@Kit @Vigilon @Dazia

"Players that murder other players. That's allowed in this game?" her eyes went wide very surprised that such a thing was possible. She knew the game was already out to get people but other people? Who would ever think that was a good idea anyway?! She looked at Ennakai's health again. "Does this mean that towns are still safe at least?" she asked curiously.

She then listened to Vigilon. So that still meant there were players fighting with exotic like weapons.
"You fight with your fists? Truly?" she didn't know that was allowed in the game either. For the two years she has been in this death trap she had obviously learned nothing.

She then looked at the two new people that approached. She watched them. It was another player from an above floor that knew Vigilon.
"I'm relieved that people from the upper floors do come down here." she felt very hopeful.

She still watched Ennakai's health bar and was a bit flummoxed on why the girl told them not to worry. Clearly, they were meant to worry. There were bars and restaurants they could all go to for a bite to eat so the poor woman could heal up but she insisted on being stubborn and staying there. She crossed her arms giving her the evil eye wondering why she was making everyone worry, and why she wasn't doing anything about it.

"I don't understand how you can be so calm when your health looks to be in a dire state."

Did Ennakai know everyone here? It was odd, she felt like the black sheep of the group but didn't let it bother her. It shouldn't be easy for a person to talk about murderers and just dust it off their shoulder.

"It'd be best to get you some ale, or hot cocoa." She tried to coax her knowing most of that stuff had healing properties for some reasons or another.

@Dazia
@Ennakai
@Vigilon

Edited by Kit

"No need to worry. Safe Zones are called safe zones for a reason. You can't deal or take any damage in a safe zone, not to mention that the NPC guards tend to do what they can to keep criminal players out. Here's a tip, by the way: There are various cursor colors that can be an important thing to pay attention to. A green cursor is a player's cursor. An orange cursor is the cursor of a player who has committed a crime against another. A yellow cursor can be found over monsters that aren't hostile, or hostile yet. A red cursor can be found over hostile monsters and NPCs." Vigilon explained. He noticed that aside from the players, it was a bit...quiet. He looked to his shoulder, where his familiar was sleeping. "Veriost...wake up, you sleepyhead." He nudged the small white frost dragon awake. Veriost yawned, and stretched her wings. She then looked around her, with an expression that Vigilon could read as, "What happened here?"

@Kit @Ennakai @Dazia

Tsu was on her usual visit to the local floors, mostly looking for lower levelled players to help out with healing and such. But today would have seemed to be a slow day for her as not too many low players were out and about. So after a bit of searching, Tsu gave up and just headed out to sightsee before heading back to her shop. This time she visited the gardens, having not seen them before. Once she arrived, Tsu waved at the five players, smiling at Yinangi. "Hi there, ribbit. Good to see the three of you again, it's been a little while. I hope you both have been good lately, rrrrrribbit!" Tsu said, looking at Vigilon and Dazia now. Turning to the other two players, Tsu gave them a small wave as well. "And hello to both of you as well, ribbit. Just call me Tsu, your friendly frog, rrrrrribbit!" Tsu greeted them, giggling a little bit to herself and smiling. Noticing the not full health bar above one of the strangers, Tsu tapped a finger to her chin, tilting her head. "You got a little hurt didn't you, ribbit? I can heal you up with my tongue if you want, rrrrrribbit." Tsu offered, sticking her tongue out for a second.

@Kit @Ennakai @Vigilon @Dazia

SHe thought about that.

"But instead of just locking players out, they are chased by npcs, right? Then what happens? Does the NPC become like a mob against that player? If so doesn't that make them escableable or failable? So you could hide and outrun them or even destroy them. What then? Do they respawn?" She didn't know about immortal status yet and she was honestly curious what Vigilon thought as well.

She then looked over at Froppy and watched her, him, herm. "Oh it's nice to meet you, I'm Kit.....Just Kit." She tilted her head and watched the frog-like person offer their tongue to the wounded. "I'm not sure that'll help, but, excuse me, are you an npc or something?" she never heard of a healing tongue before. It was at that moment she realized that she was unsure of everyone's gender for the most part. Was this Enna person a girl or boy?
Kit went cross-eyed for a moment and then shook her head to snap out of it. She had no idea what or who people were. After all they could have created another gendered character when the game started and then was forced out of it. She wasn't sure who anyone was anymore. She was so terrible with gender.

@Vigilon @Froppy

Edited by Kit

Enna was now really taken back by all the people showing up here, why now so many and even at this time. Enna sat right up and you could now see that their HP bar slowly was filling up again. "No worry about me please, for crying out loud, I will be fine, My HP is already coming back... And it is my job to get in situations like this," Enna said with a smile. Then hearing that everyone was introducing each other well at least the lady and the new face, Enna felt a bit guilty, "Okay Now we know that, so let see," Enna said getting a grin on their face, "I'm Ennakai or Enna, Info broker at heart Artisan in hands," Enna said giving all of them a V with both hands.

Kit seemed to have quite a bit of question about everything and all, and how things worked too, so meaning this was that Kit never got out into the other floors, "Kickstarter," Enna said to kit giving them already a nickname, "It is very simple, People with Orange cursors can't go into the safe zones without a guard seeing them, you need to sneak around for a bit to get past them, but No one can be killed in the safe zone not even by an NPC, Orange players mostly avoid safe zones tho and things around them," Enna said taking a small break, "An NPC Guard can't be killed or well not done yet, nobody has tried it and nobody wants because they look much higher level then everything else. Also Miss frog lady here is just another player, Support from the word I hear, And Vigi here is quite strong I heard, Sorry Haz praised you," Enna said with a smile, "Apart from that everyone here even that little girl is a player from the higher floors, Think or new friend Vigi here is even tier 2," Enna said placing the dagger they were holding on their back

@Vigilon @Kit @Dazia @Froppy

She stared at her. This woman would likely have all the answers to everything. It was at this moment she had run out of questions. Everything seemed answered. She looked at them. Wondering if they'd be up for helping the church out. She rubbed the back of her neck worried to ask at first. Did higher level players have time for the children of the church or no?

"There's a church on this floor, it's kinda small, but you see, there are players here that are still level one. They've never stepped foot outside, or have trained in anything. Sometimes they worry about being forgotten you know. It's easy to lose hope. I was wondering if...If any of you would be willing to go back to the church with me. I'd put together a banquet but I'm no chef.  Still, if the children saw you, and had some thread of hope it'd be nice. To be honest some of us have adapted to disregarding the other world and have just adopted this to be the only world....So you might find people who talk in that sense. Myself included." Yet she was wise enough to see she had to explain this to them. 

She looked at their weapons.

"I'm also looking for a mentor if I'm honest. Is anyone taking up apprentices to learn the tricks and tactics of battle?" She asked finding the strength to do so.

Would they turn away from all of this, or would they find a way to make a party? Would she find a mentor? She watched them all and became ramrod straight, almost challenging them to say she was too weak to train in any way. She had to start somewhere. 

@Ennakai

@Vigilon @Dazia @Froppy

Edited by Kit