[PP|F3]There are some things you just shouldn’t say <<Search for the Hoya>>

Shiro walks through the field, a few hours after losing his sister. He was searching for her but couldn’t manage to find her or even get a trail. He walks through a small gap in some trees and sees three players, all with orange cursors. “Well if it isn’t Emo McDuck.” Shiro looks around for a way to escape, but they had closed him in by then. “Listen, I don’t want any trouble and you guys are being extremely annoying right now.” He says. His face remains perfectly still as he examines the three players in front of him. One with a dagger, he was rather slender yet short, and another with a sword and shield. The sword and shield user was taller than the other two but was still rather weak looking. Then it came to the axe wielded. He was about the same height as the boy in all black but was much more built. “What do you plan to do about it?” The axe wielded asks. Shiro looks at him with intensity and rage in his eyes. “I’m gonna let you be, now you should do the same to me.”

The sword user looks at Shiro, “Don’t you have a sister?” He makes the mistake of asking. “What’s it to ya?” Shiro returns, his words filled with a bite. “You leave her out of this. You’ll regret it if you don’t.” His angry words sound like they’re coming from someone else, for the rage is apparent in his voice but not his face. “I say we take his gear, including the clothes off his back and do the same with his sister. Except we’ll have a little more...” The Dagger user and sword user both move in as the dagger user speaks. He gets cut off by the butt of a spear hitting him in the face. The sword user gets thrown to the side by the blunt end of the spear as well. “I said leave her out of this.” He snarls. His face shows rage but his voice remains calm. “You little snake.” The block of a man slams the blade of his axe into Shiro, launching him back a good 3 yards. “We were making a little tease, but now you’ve gone and made it real.” He growls, his voice deep and raspy like a villain from a movie. Shiro coughs and smiles. “I still did a number on your flimsy buddies.” The red mark on his stomach covering the face of his stomach. The meat head with an axe reaches down and takes the boy’s necklace that holds a white bird on the chain. “I’ll make sure to give this to her.” He smiles, towering over the player who was no shorter than him a few minutes ago.

@Kooh

"I'll be back tonight."

"I just need to explore or something. Get out of the jungle for a while."

Was what she had said. Kooh hadn't even bothered hiding her monotony when she ducked outside of Leyna's hut on the sixteenth floor, but for once her own attitude was starting to eat away at her thoughts. She'd made a pretty straight shot to Zugaikotsushima and ended up teleporting all the way down to the first floor. Hands stuffed into the pockets of her hooded cardigan, she had spent only enough time in the Town of Beginnings to leave its walls. Only an hour after she had set out on whatever this little journey was, her blackened boots were carrying her through the open fields where the cool breeze carried ripples of nostalgia. Was she exploring, or reminiscing?

Despite the initial desire for a change of scenery, it was only a matter of time before Kooh found herself navigating the thick tree trunks that made up the forests outside of the city, past the open plains and before the distant mountain ranges. Garnet eyes flickered between the sturdiest and most level branches that they could find, and the corner of her mouth pulled up into a tiny smirk. The bittersweet memories of her earliest time as a vagrant occupied her for only a moment or two. An audible 'thud' caused the blonde to perk up, her head snapping in the direction that she'd thought it came from and her legs held her in place while she stopped to listen. Like startled wildlife, Kooh moved again with caution, inching herself away from the path she had been forging for herself while she withdrew a hand to quickly work through her menus. With a couple of swift selections, a pair of greaves flashed into being. The metal secured itself over her shins and she crept forward at a better pace until she finally reached the edge of the tiny clearing where a handful of other players were visible. A quick survey told her everything she needed to know: big bully looming over another guy and two lackeys waiting in the wings. Kooh frowned. "They really don't have anything better to do?" She murmured to herself. She stood behind the thick bark of a tree, observing. She studied what little she could see of the face that the one on the ground wore. No panic, no fear. From her angle, all she could discern was that the guy was reasonably pissed. She held her position, half intrigued and half apathetic as she looked on.

ID#: 108941 | LD: 18 - Hiding

Shiro’s hand reaches down, his true intention hidden by the relaxed look on his face. “Give it back.” Shiro says. His hand grabs his spear and stabs it through the axe wielder’s hand. The boy pulls it down and pins the man’s arm into the ground, twisted around. Shiro, then turns and catches the knife user’s arm and flips him over his shoulder, but not without taking some damage. The sword user had slashed a large cut all the way down his back and Shiro lets out a grunt. “You idiot, you should’ve stayed down. Now we have to kill you.” Shiro snarls at the sword user as he lets out the sentence. Why the hell would I have stayed down? It’s not like you were particularly intimidating. In fact I wouldn’t be surprised to hear you’re about the same level as me. Shiro flips over the swordsman’s next attack, pulling the spear out of the man’s hand and spinning it up to point it at the sword user.

That’s when Shiro feels the dagger in his side. A whisper in his ear reveals the other player standing next to him. “You know, we could’ve had fun with you too.” Shiro feels a tingling move through his entire body as lightning moves around the blade of the man’s dagger. “Back off, I don’t want any one to get hurt.” He notices the necklace on the ground next to the man’s hand, the dagger user picks it up and begins to walk away. “Have fun with my lackeys.” He says, walking out of the clearing leaving only two orange players. Both of the Orange players stand and walk towards Shiro. His gray eyes lock on the axe wielder as he was the one who initially took the necklace. The flat of an axe blade collided with his face as he is thrown across the field. But it was just then that Shiro’s paralysis broke. “Kill me if you want to live, cause if you don’t I’m coming after all of you and only one of us survives that.” He grins a little, obviously low on health. As the axe reaches the crest of the swing, Shiro pulls his spear up to cross the blade when it reaches him.

@Kooh

Kooh watched the scene unfold with narrowed brows and a small scowl. It was like watching boys fight in middle school, but instead of a clumsy fists they were throwing steel around. The few snippets of conversation she could make out at her distance had her rolling her eyes, and for a second she almost stepped away. She was close to backing into the rest of the trees and going on her way, putting the whole thing out of sight and out of mind. But then she saw the younger one's body grow rigid. He froze up, unnaturally and suddenly, and for an instant a yellow spark danced around the dagger that was removed from his side. "Tch." Kooh scoffed at the cheap shot of a paralysis, and watched a bit longer as the green player had his back on the ground again. And yet, he still smiled. Not a stupid smile that said something cringe-inducing like "you'll never crush my spirit!" Instead, it was more like a stupid grin that said something cringe-inducing like "keep testing me and you'll regret it!"

Kooh's face twisted into an expression that carried both pity and criticism. She stood in limbo for a short while, her right heel bouncing up and down about the forest floor as she flexed her leg muscle in nervous repetition. The boy's health kept dropping, and though he'd recovered from the paralysis the fight didn't show any signs of stopping. The leader had turned away with his prize, leaving his handymen to have their fun with what was left. "Nnngah, god, damn, stupid--" Kooh muttered a string of curses under her breath and abandoned her hiding spot among the trees. She was set to march up to the lankey thug closest to her, planning to shove the man aside from his blindspot and interject, but before she had reached him the man raised his sword high in the air and began to charge forward. On instinct, Kooh picked up her pace and broke into a run, dashing to bring herself to the aggressor before he reached his target.

Within reach, Kooh swung her left foot around in a sweeping motion, the solid metal of her greaves slamming into the side of the man's shin with a satisfying impact. Catching him both off-guard and off-balance, his momentum carried him forward without a foot to catch his fall and he crashed face-first into the ground with a grunt. She held her ground briefly, meeting eyes with the bulky axe-wielder while she wore an agitated glare. "Back the hell off." She commanded, abandoning her attention on him to close the rest of the distance to Huginn. She knelt down near the stranger, attempting to loop her hand under one of his arms and pull him to his feet. She'd continue to pull, urging him to follow her lead. "Come on."

Shiro saw the two men disappear before his very eyes. “What the hell?” He murmurs. He was within inches of his life and he knew. That’s why he was so thankful for the person who saved him. “Who is that? Is that you Misako?” He asks in a panicked manner. Please don’t be Misako, she can’t see me like this. He pushes his legs into the dirt and forces himself in the direction of the pulling at his side. “Be careful there’s two of them.” He tries to make the saving worth it. He couldn’t focus on much. The usually genius boy was forced back into the immature husk of a boy who can’t hold a conversation with anyone smarter than him. His body covered in a bright red glow usually associated with damage. “Thank you for stepping in, I’m just gonna take a nap.” He closes his barely opened eyes for a few seconds then shoots up into a sitting position. 

“The necklace. Where is it?” He asks worriedly. His eyes dart around as he can’t see anything recognizable and he looks over, seeing a girl he doesn’t recognize either. He backs up like a scared animal. His back hits a tree and he keeps his gaze on the girl. “Who are you?” He asks. He had just woken up in an area he doesn’t even remember and the rather troublesome situation situation from before had apparently resolved itself. “Are you the one who saved me?” He asks, quickly looking her up and down. I don’t think so, though she does look much stronger than me, but that doesn’t mean much.

@Kooh

He was out of it. He must have been, with all the nonsense he was muttering as she pulled him out of the clearing and through the trees. She caught a name she didn't recognize and something like a warning, but she was more focused on glancing over her shoulder to make sure his bullies hadn't decided to follow them. Either their head called them off or they didn't like the idea of an even playing field, but she was far less worried about the 'why'. "Yeah, don't mention--" She started in a low voice. Her words were cut off as she felt a sudden weight, and the person she had been tugging along was now dead weight. "Ughh, really?!" She growled, kneeling next to the half-collapsed boy. She frowned again, finally taking the time to run her eyes over the numerous gashes and wounds that littered his avatar. She glanced again to his health bar, settled in the bottom quarter of its total pool and holding onto its red color. Kooh sighed, and took a moment to reposition herself.

It took a bit of effort, but she managed to half-carry, half-drag the unconscious player the short distance that was left between them and the edge of the forest. Keeping them within its cover, she lowered Huginn's torso and head back to the ground, letting out a few heavy breaths from the effort and plopping herself down a few feet away. Her shoulderblades pressed up against the bark of a tree and one leg sprawled out in front of her while the other foot stayed planted flat. "Christ, what'd I get myself into?" She asked herself.

It was hardly a minute later when the stranger shot up, coming back to his senses all at once and jolting Kooh back to attention herself. She watched him as their eyes met--he was cautious, and curious, and just a little bit desperate. She frowned yet again, realizing that he really was out of it when she first intervened. "Kooh." She gave her username. "And uhh, yeah I guess so. I thought they were just gonna beat the crap out of you and leave, but they kind of weren't stopping." She grimaced slightly, unsure for a second how she could have forgotten that some were so much more bloodthirsty than others. She watched him for a second longer, unmoving from her relaxed position, and continued with a question of her own. "Do you know those guys? Was that something personal, or just some assholes looking for free stuff?"

Huginn tilts his head, trying to think back to the morning. “I ran into the sword user this morning. But it was nothing serious, he just asked where the nearest pond was.” He looks down at the ground. He removes his favorite black sweatshirt and reveals a gray shirt underneath. The red marks still glowing, but shrinking slowly as he waits. “Thank you for saving me, but I have to go get the necklace.” He stands up and begins to walk away. “Actually, let’s get down to why I was in the field. I was gonna head up to floor 3 and fight those Minotaur, you’re welcome to follow if you want.” He says, his face emotionless once again. It was a common face for the boy and rarely did he lose his cool like he did just not too long ago, but when he does it’s hard to undo. “My name is Shiro. Thank you for saving me ma’am.” He tilts his head forward out of courtesy. Come on, please agree to come with me, I’m gonna need your help and you know it. It’ll be easy for you, the information I gathered said it’s weaker than those three guys, and I held my own. You’re stronger than me by a long shot. He looks at her with a hint of curiosity and tilts his head, “We going on an adventure or what?” He asks.

@Kooh

"So just a bunch of bullies," Kooh began to muse, listening to him recount his single encounter with one of the men. She was surprised that the burly axeman had played the role of a scout to place a target on Huginn's back, but easily shrugged it off as none of her concern. His sudden movement caused her to cock an eyebrow, surprised that he was so readily up and walking again after his short stint of unconsciousness, and she watched with continued perplexity when he stopped himself again to turn around and engage in further conversation. She opened her mouth, waited a moment, closed it with a frown, then pulled her other leg in. The heel of her boot scraped against the forest floor and she leaned forward, knees pressing into her forearms as she sat now with both feet flat and her legs slightly splayed for balance.

"So, back up," She began. "You just got your ass beat, and you're gonna run back in blind to get back some trinket they stole from you?" She criticized, sparing no courteous words. Her brows narrowed a bit under garnet eyes and she studied his face, watching his expression, looking for any tells that she could pull from his body language. "And if you're telling me you suddenly wanna switch gears, forget all about it and invite some stranger along for a quest two floors up then you insult me, sir." She leaned further forward, pushing on her knees to pick herself up. Kooh shoved her hands into her pockets, still staring intensely at the boy who made himself known as Shiro. She paused however, actually taking a moment to weigh her options behind her skeptical expression. Her mouth twisted slightly, half in defeat. "I guess I'll tag along, but I'm not sticking my neck out like that again."

“It’s not that I’m gonna forget about it. It’s that I’m to weak to do a damn thing about it.” He says rather callously. “They threatened to do stuff to my sister. I mean unless you’re ready to die, there are some things you just shouldn’t say.” Shiro turns and walks out, as quietly as possible, trying to make sure that the orange player’s who attacked him weren’t looking for him. The coast is clear I guess. Unless they are ninjas. He lets out a small chuckle. No one had ever heard the boy’s laugh except his immediate family, and he intended to keep it that way for a while. His blank stare pierced through the woods as he snuck around trying to make his way back to the town. A problem arose when they were within a hundred meters of the town, there was no cover to hide behind, so the boy just started walking. I probably could’ve taken them on if the dagger guy hadn’t been there, so chances are I’ll be fine. He makes his way into the town and avoids all of the faces around him, hiding from every last one. I can’t risk them seeing me, soI have to keep going. “So Kooh, you know why I’m here, why are you?” He asks, looking to the girl who was the same height as him, which made him feel short. “If I’m allowed to ask.” He walks up on the teleporter and awaits an answer.

@Kooh

The corners of her mouth turned down again, frowning as she inwardly remarked on how confident he was. 'Too weak, but ready to kill, eh?' She thought. While they walked, her greaves stayed equipped and her hands continued to rest lazily in her pockets. Kooh gave a half-hearted glance over her shoulder here and there while they passed through the open fields, but once they'd gotten close enough to the edge of town she relaxed more.

The crowds were as plentiful as always, the first floor plazas likely to remain the busiest of the capital cities no matter how many floors were unlocked. "Hm?" She turned her attention back to Shiro when a question was posed. "Oh, uhh," She had just stepped up to the teleport gate, interrupting her response by taking a moment to call out the name of the third floor's Elven city. One after the other they were whisked away, appearing in Delilah's cottage-esque village a second later. She blinked away the bright light and adjusted to the sudden change in scenery while she took a couple of steps, making sure her company was still present while they worked their way towards the town gates.

"Exploring, I guess." She answered honestly enough, continuing to think aloud in a mutter. "Though there's not much more to see in those fields. Anyway. Nothing, really. I've been more or less living on one of the middle floors lately and wanted a change of pace. So just, getting out for a walk." Keeping her eyes forward, she tried to explain her absent wandering when she didn't have much of a reason behind her actions herself. 'Maybe flooring a stupid minotaur will blow off some steam and do me some good.'

The boy’s mind began to wander. Exploring yet you live on a much higher floor? Sounds like a lie to me, but why should I care? Lying is how most people survive in this world. Plus there’s the possibility she isn’t lying. Either she’s telling the truth, or she’s lying, either way, nothing I can do about it. He walks noticing a maze up ahead. “I’m assuming that’s the spot.” He points, also noting the Minotaur in front of the door way to enter. I shouldn’t rush in, especially not after what happened earlier today. His hands move into his pockets, as he looks at the girl. “We should try to sneak past it.” He ducks down, hiding behind some shrubs and bushes, watching the Minotaur from a distance. Well I should be far enough that he can’t see me, so now would be a great choice to make a plan. “We need a plan. As of right now, the best I have is we try to sneak past him. But if we get caught, I’ll attack first. But if I get hit, I’m as good as dead.” He nods. Waiting to see if she has a response to his plan or even if she’s has a better one. I hope she has a better plan, mine isn’t very good. Chances are, If I get hit even once I’m dead. If not, I’ll have to hope she can dispose of him quickly.

@Kooh

ID: 109772

LD: 7

(hidden)

Edited by Huginn

Kooh made a face as the fog grew thick around them. The deeper they roamed into the forest the creepier it felt, the far-off sounds of wails and screams sending an eerie chill up her spine. With a silent nod, Kooh followed his lead to keep herself low, pressed against the bark of trees and behind the partial cover of brush as they continued to walk. The whole time, she kept her eyes locked onto the imposing monster standing at the entrance to the stone labyrinth--the Minotaur, greataxe in hand and looking impatient to use it.

"You have a death sentence, then?" She smirked slightly upon hearing his plan of action. "Look, I agree with the whole sneaking in thing, but if you're betting you'll get killed in one hit, maybe let me go first, yeah?" Perhaps it was someone else's humility that had her acting a bit more cocky. Without dwelling on it, she increased her pace to place herself ahead of him as they closed the distance to the entrance.

"Tch... Okay, maybe not." She mumbled, half to herself as she paused. Maybe twenty feet away from the tower Minotaur, they weren't going to get any closer without abandoning their cover and she was beginning to doubt that they could get away with slipping right by it. She sighed. "Yeah okay, new plan." She stood up straight, pursing her lips and filling her lungs with a breath of courage. She darted forward, catching the monster's attention right before she brought her leg around in a swift kick to its leg.

With a flick of its wrist, the handle of the Minotaur's axe found her greaves and the metal of both weapons let out a clang that must have startled a flock of birds nesting nearby. The sound of flapping wings mixed with Kooh's boot skidding across the ground as she regained her footing, and she took a couple of quick steps back to dodge the downward swing of the blade that followed. "Shiro! Hurry and get past while I keep this guy busy!" She called.

@Huginn

ID#: 110059 | BD: 1 - Critical Miss | MD: 7(-2)=5 - Miss

Kooh: 400/400 HP | 18/40 EN | 7 DMG | 2 ACC | 2 EVA
Hoya Minotaur: 45/45 HP | 30 DMG

Edited by Kooh
  • 4 months later...

Huginn’s spear materialized in his hands, as he jumped up and slammed his spear into the monster’s stomach. The tip sets itself in it’s stomach right above the the belly button. His legs come up and pull the spear from the hole in its abdomen. “I’m not gonna let you fight on your own.” He twirls his spear and holds it like he had used a spear so many times before. His eyes lock on the Minotaur as he stands next to the girl who had saved his life. This was a huge mistake. I should’ve let her do this on her own, from the way she spoke she could probably handle it. His legs spread out as he leans forwards ever so slightly, holding his spear out behind him, the head pointed down towards the ground as the counterweight floats above his head. “Be honest, could you have handled this on your own?” He wanted to figure out if he was wasting his time helping her or not. Her HP was probably much higher than his, and her Damage was definitely higher than his. He was going for a different build from the look of things, but he was definitely behind her by quite a bit.

Spoiler

ID: 114634

BD: 8

2 DMG

45 - 2 = 43 HP

[1] Huginn: 40/40 HP | 3/4 EN | 2 DMG | 1 Para

[0] @Kooh: 400/400 HP | 18/20 EN | 7 DMG | 2 ACC | 2 EVA

Hoya: 43/45 HP | 30 DMG

Edited by Huginn

'Okay, okay, it's been a minute...' Kooh thought, bouncing lightly on the balls of her feet as she faced her opponent. She gave a quick shake of her hands, stepping aside to dodge another swing of the minotaur's axe when Huginn jumped into the fray from beside her. Kooh's attention was pulled away from the monster and onto the boy beside her just as he thrust the tip of his spear into the labyrinth's guardian.

"What are you--?!" The blonde cut herself short as the monster roared from the strike, rearing back and preparing to whip its broad blade across the both of them. Kooh dashed forward, pushing off of the dirt and tucking her shoulder to quickly roll out of the way and reposition herself behind the minotaur, popping back up with an outward spring of her knees. Her expression quickly shifted back into a scowl, and she took the irritation out on the target in front of her. With swift motions, she delivered a kick to the side of the monster's knee that caused it to stagger and drop. Kooh let out a short cry of effort with one more blow across the monster's temple, her breathing just a bit heavier from all of the sudden activity.

@Huginn

ID#: 114640 | BD: 4(+2)=6 - Hit! | MD: -- (Stunned)
(7 base) x (5 sword art) = 35 DMG

[1] Kooh: 400/400 HP | 31/40 EN | 7 DMG | 2 ACC | 2 EVA
[1] Huginn: 40/40 HP | 3/4 EN | 2 DMG | 9-10 Paralyze
Hoya Minotaur: 8/45 HP | 30 DMG

Edited by Kooh
  • 2 weeks later...

Huginn’s eyes watch as the woman knock the Monster off of its feet. She didn’t look thankful by any means, instead picking a look of confusion and frustration. I know that look all too well. I guess I’m in Misako’s shoes now. Whatever, it might be nice to act recklessly. He spins his spear around, the gold catching the light and holding it like it was glowing, the boy’s foot lifts up for a second and throws itself out to the side as he spins his weapon, throwing him off balance just enough to put his weight behind a slash with the blade of his spear. The lightning dancing around his spear shuffled up to the Minotaur during the gruesome cut and its eyes fixate on the boy. “I guess I should’ve stayed back. That was one of my best attacks.” His hand stops the spear as it comes back around towards him.

His emotionless face exhales heavily like a scoff. Pathetic. I’m pathetic. I could’ve just gone out and grabbed the jewel. I could’ve possibly been back by now, but I had to be all macho and try to save the girl. Looks like the girl will be the one saving me. His eyes shift towards the blonde girl as he tilts his head. “I’m just in your way aren’t I?” He slams his spear into the ground, noticing the Minotaur has stopped moving and had golden sparks of electricity in his wound. Hands in his pockets and stance relaxed, the boy looked like a moody teenager, except for in his face. His face held no expression even still, knowing he could easily be slain by the monster standing in front of him.

Spoiler

ID: 115297

BD: 9 (+1 DMG) (Paralyze)

8 - 3 = 5 HP

[3] Huginn: 40/40 HP | 3/4 EN | 2 DMG | 9-10 Paralyze
Hoya Minotaur: 5/45 HP | 30 DMG [PARALYZED]

@Kooh

Edited by Huginn

One more hit was all they needed. With snapping motion, Kooh planted her closed fist square in the back of the monster's head, causing the minotaur to cry out in pain as the last of its health depleted. It fell forward, goat-like eyes rolling back into its skull and its body giving off a light glow. The moment the Hoya Minotaur's chest crashed against the dirt floor, its body shattered into thousands of tiny pieces and its presence faded away entirely.

Kooh drew in a quick breath, holding the air in her lungs for a second while she still wore that same scowl on her face. Her garnet eyes locked onto Huginn as he stood with his weapon planted into the ground beside him and his hands shoved into his pockets. She felt herself bristle at his attitude, and only slightly managed to keep her temper under any kind of control. "You picked the worst possible time to be skeptical, do you realize that? Or are you putting me on some pedestal like a sacrificial hero, thinking that if you don't jump in and do something, I would just throw my life away to keep you safe?" She glowered at him, placing her hands on her hips.

"Look," She continued, the swell of her anger beginning to drain away. "Numbers are everything in this godforsaken place. And you obviously have some idea for gauging your own strength. If you're really desperate, I'll help you get your level up. But I'm not going to stick around if you admit something will squash you one second, then turn around and dive right in the next." She declared. She shifted her weight, bringing her half-gloved hands from either of her hips to cross over each other in front of her chest.

@Huginn

ID#: 115322 | BD: 5(+2)=7 - Hit! | MD: -- (Paralyzed)
7 DMG

[3] Huginn: 40/40 HP | 3/4 EN | 2 DMG | 9-10 Paralyze
Hoya Minotaur: 0/45 HP | 30 DMG

Edited by Kooh

Shiro’s eyes narrow, he was being yelled at again. This had become a regular occurrence in the real world, and he was finally getting used to the way this game works, and how quiet it was when you are alone. I did something wrong, I should apologize. “Sorry.” His generally expressionless face almost looks pained. Being yelled at always made Shiro feel very bad, especially when he knew exactly what he did wrong. Her voice fills the field as the monster had already died and the other was on the other side of the maze, he couldn’t help but want to run away. Her words cutting him like a knife, he turns away from her and begins to walk towards the maze.

Once inside the maze, Shiro would put his hand out and set it gently on the wall, dragging it as he walks through the passage way and into the maze. “I didn’t mean any disrespect ma’am.” His quiet words echo through the chamber and call back to him. [censored], what if the other Minotaur heard that? He keeps ready for an attack at all times, still following the path he had set for himself.

@Kooh

Kooh's brows furrowed and her mouth twisted into a dissatisfied pout as she watched him turn and walk to the labyrinth walls. Her posture slouched, she shifted her weight and uncrossed her arms to ruffle the hair at the back of her head with a touch of guilt. Her long legs carried her forward to follow after him, and the short, deadpan reply she received caused the remaining anger to drain away.

Keeping a couple of paces behind her new companion, Kooh's garnet eyes flickered Huginn's way once, then twice. After several long moments, she spoke again. "I'm not trying to make you feel like sh*t," Her volume had dropped to a low voice while they still proceeded carefully through the tall stone maze. "I'm just not in the mood to watch someone die." She spoke quietly, staring straight ahead at the dirt path they followed. "I don't know you. I'm only gonna look out for you so much if things get bad. So be a little more cautious and pick your battles while we're stuck in this maze, alright?"

Kooh wanted to rub her temples and wonder how she got into this mess. Was she just desperate to keep this kid alive so she would keep her conscience clean? Probably. She took a step around a corner and immediately tensed as two creatures coated in vines that clung to either side of the labyrinth walls turned at their approach. In the center of the thorny amalgamation each creature had one large round eye nestled in place that rolled around and locked onto the players. Kooh sighed, her bangs briefly flipping upward with the expelled air and she mumbled, "Speaking of which..."

[0/0] Kooh: 400/400 HP | 32/40 EN | 7 DMG | 2 ACC | 2 EVA
[0/0] Huginn: 40/40 HP | 4/4 EN | 2 DMG | 9-10 Paralyze

Labyrinth Crawler 1: 30/30 HP | 9 DMG
Labyrinth Crawler 2: 30/30 HP | 9 DMG

@Huginn

Edited by Kooh
  • 4 months later...