It's TIME FOR A TOURNAMENT ARRRCCC (title for the meme)

Greetings players of all tiers, and roles within Aincrad. I have an idea to bring something back to a small degree. Tournaments where players go against players.
i'll have 3 tournaments that would be held.
1st: The half health tournament it is what it sounds like.
2nd: the tank tournament. Tanks will face monsters with high attacks but low health pools to prevent things from dragging on too long per fight.
3rd: The tag team tourney. Find a partner and face off against another pair of players. When you hit 50% HP you must TP crystal out  to leave your partner to fight.
Of course all tourneys will be separated by tier to make them fair since a T3 fighting a T2 would even be unfair. Let alone a T1.
If you're interested please leave a message on this thread so i can know if this is a viable thing for those who could be interested. You can join any tournament that you feel like you would want to participate in. Though for the tag team tournament i would ask that you tag the person that would be your partner if this plan goes through.
Also to make this enticing i will be personally offering the 1st place winner of each tournament 20 items for free from either Mars the alchemists shop (my alt), or hestia the performer's shop. It can be all of one, all of the other, or a mixture of both your choice winners. The 2nd place winners get 10 for free. And 3rd gets 5.
If there are any more professions who would be willing to offer up services, col, or items as rewards please message me so we can get the proper rewards setup for players.

Update: Z is putting up a 50k col donation towards the tournament with this amount being split as prize money between the tournaments.
Update 2: Neo offers coupons for her cook shop
Update 3: Macradon is willing ot offer a voucher for his shop to whoever gets first from each tournament.
Update 4: Shield may hand off T1 Uniques to T1 participants.
Tournament update: For any tanks that could be curious for the tank tournament if enough tanks show up you won't be compared to people like Shield or hestia. You will be put on par with those of your tiers and will have the tank tournament tiered/separated as it is available to have it done to it.
Tournament Update: For the tag team tournament i will be splitting the tag teams into two different boards to make the T3 tag teams compared to the lower tieres not as quick as a curb stomp. With that said the Tag Team tournament will be split between two different tourney brackets to keep things going and good.  SPECIAL NOTE: The tag team tournament's victory prizes will only go to the first and (maybe) second placed people. [this might be changed as things get going if we somehow even get more people.]

Current combatants based on tier:
Half loss T1: Cosi, Dustin, (Maybe Mina), Valley, Krysta, (froppy if odd number of players), Ennakai, (maybe Katagawa), Jinx, Embers, Dazia
Half loss T2: Pinball, (Maybe Neo), Stryder, Mars, Vigilon, Ryo
Half Loss T3: Zandra, Calrex, Macradon, Hestia, Beat, Shield
Tank tournament: Cosi, Shield, hestia, Jinx, Calrex
Tag team tournament: (Pinball, Mars). (Macradon, Zandra). (Ruby, Stryder). (Shield, Beat). (Vigilon, Krysta). (Neo, haz), (Dazia, Jinx), (Ryo, Teion), (Tel, Jomei) (Calrex, hestia)
Free agents for people who need a partner but don't have one for the tag team: Embers

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

oh heck yeah. I'd love to do some tournament action especially once I get all my stuff for my new build. I would definitely do the half health and probably  the tank as well and if I can find a partner I would do the tag team battle. If the tournament actually starts in a fair period of time I'll probably (more like hopefully) be T2 so I'd probably ask mars to be my partner. 

If I get my build a bit better, I'll join. Likely using @Hazado for the tag team. I can also possibly offer up some coupons for free stuff from my Cook shop. IC it wouldn't make sense for any of my alts to offer freebies though, so nothing from them (and they don't have a lot of mats to do freebies).

Entering T1 Half loss, and confirming tag team with @Vigilon

I also think it would be good to start a thread for the T1 players to train before the tournament, like maybe some combat against mobs(lettable ones, if possible), assuming the other T1 Players are up for that.

I can have my alt lead an OP thread for lower level players @Krysta if you'd like. I would want to know of a few more people joining before I started it though. If I do create that, I may also be having @Katagawa enter the half loss tournament (no tag team partner for now, I might bug Cosi though).