[F15-PP] What hides underneath the fog

I make my way through the fifteenth floor wearing my battle gear that i have grown accustomed to wearing through the various fights with bosses, quests mobs, and even one or two players as i nod my head with a small smile as i nod my head at that. 'I should probably invite Hirru or at least Baldur on this but i think inviting Hirru into any group would either help or hurt him at this point, and Baldur is who knows where anyhow.' I think to myself with a small frown upon my face as my familiar walks beside me as the duo of tank and familiar make their way towards the designated area listed upon a map within the tank's hand. Glancing through the message contacts that i have i just nod my head and sends a message out towards two of the players that i would be fine with being able to protect remembering that at the very least they can hopefully take a hit if they get unlucky enough to face that. Let alone something akin to a boss from this dungeon. 'If spencer a T1 tank can make it through a T2 DPS should be able to do the same also.' With that in mind i send out two messages towards the players with the coordinates to the location of the dungeon which is next to the Blood Bane questing area.

Spoiler

@Stryder
hey Stryder i'm in need of some help with a dungeon figured i would get you and another player to help me out with it since i can't really do this in a timely manner by myself.

Spoiler

@Neopolitan

hey neo i am doing a dungeon on floor fifteen i was wondering if you wanted to come up and help out get a small sample of things that frontliners could be dealing with if you ever want to join the fight for taking care of things like floor bosses.

Recently, Hestia had invited him to do a dungeon. It had gone all well, they had all lived (if we die i'l be peeved), and it seemed like she was inviting him to a second one. He did the same as he did that day, grabbing his gauntlets, his gloves, and his jacket. He looked over the desk in which he had a few pictures placed, one of the entire guild... He missed her, he really missed her, but... he kenw he oculd never bring her back anywhere but in his minds eye. He sighed, calling Silver as he left and headed down to the fifteeth floor. He had no idea if this was was going to be easier, or harder than the one they had already tackled. Once he arrived, he walked over to Hestia.

"Two dungeons... feels like an honour Hestia, hope we get through this one also" He says, taking a deep breath as he sits down, waiting for whoever she had decided to bring along with them. He hoped it was someone he knew, he still didn't know her angle... and he didn't know if he felt comfortable around this situation.

Tending to her empty shop, Neo was interrupted by the ping of a message being received. It was from Hestia, who she only knew from the times she had helped the front liners. However, it seemed that she was offering the chance to help out and perhaps get a taste of the front lines herself. Deciding it would be a good idea to go through with it, Neo quickly put away the ingredients for the dish she was preparing to make. No sense making them wait any longer than the time it would take to walk all the way to the teleporter.  Once at the teleport gate, Neo quickly input the destination she had received the message from, and found herself on the fifteenth floor. Looking around for Hestia, she begins to change into her battle gear, making sure that her blade was safely tucked into her parasol and that Roman was ready to be called at a moment's notice.

@Hestia

Looking back i smile towards Stryder and nods towards him with a rather happy smile upon my face as i look towards the martial artist that was willing to go on two dungeon runs with me in a rather short time period of one after the other. With hopefully this one not as strange as the last one, but finding that to be rather unlikely considering my luck with these types of things. Well Stryder the other person i brought is another T2 she should be hear soon if you got here though, soo i guess we'll just wait for her to find us shouldn't take too long though hopefully. I say more so to myself rather than the martial artist at my side by the end as i rub the back of my neck and waits patiently where i am. So than Stryder what is your plan for your guild? Like do you have a future in mind for the guild that you have made at all? I ask the martial artist curiously as i lean against one of the many trees that make up this floor's layout while waiting for the quiet cook to get to here as my familiar rests at my feet the lazy lion just relaxing and enjoying his time not doing any work. Also, what do you think of the guild i am in? The Holy Dragon Alliance. I ask the man curiously as the mist that resides on this floor continues to remain a foot vertically in height making one being able to see the bottom of the floor's ground impossible.

@Neopolitan@Stryder (No specific turn order it's just as long as all three of us post per rotation then we're good.)

"My guild... i don't really have any plans... Not anymore. Right now, i want to focus on creating a guild hall for the guild, and afterwards getting myself a house. If i can manage that, i'l have more options on how to proceed with everyone... Also, i'v had few run ins with the HDA other than you, so i really don't have a oppinion of them yet" He replies to her, looking around. He didn't really.... know what else he could say to her. Despite how the dungeon had gone, he didn't know if he trusted her yet. She still... kind of screwed with him when they were teaching Jinx. That wasn't the right word, but she did lose most of his trust during that training session. He might be able to forgive her, eventually... Though it was going to take time until he was comfortable to move on with there relationship.

(OOC: Sorry for the wait, had to deal with some writer's block)

It wasn't long before Neo had found the familiar front liner. She seemed to be talking with someone else though, so Neo stayed along the fringes of the area and waited for Hestia to bring her into the conversation. If they were dealing with something, she had no desire whatsoever to actually interrupt the two. She couldn't make out what they were saying, but there were certainly tones of uneasiness between the two of them. Perhaps it wasn't such a good idea to tag along on this trip. Maybe she should've let the two of them sort things out. It was something that made everything awkward. Her silence made it so she contributed nothing to the conversation, but also meant people couldn't speak as freely when she had no clue what was actually going on. At the very least she could afford to be polite and let them find their own pausing spot in the conversation they were having.

@Hestia@Stryder

When hearing that i nod my head with the smallest smile of relief upon my facing when hearing that he doesn't have an opinion of the guild i am since that also means he doesn't have a negative opinion due to myself and what i may say or do. Well if that is the case Stryder if you ever gain a negative outlook on them because of me don't factor that into the guild. I am basically operating by my lonesome doing as i think is right in terms of things that i say or do. I haven't really thought about my guild's  image or what they stand for in quite a bit if i am being honest with you since i haven't had much of a chance to talk to Jomei besides during meetings or anything like that. I say with a disappointed look within my blue colored eyes for a brief moment as it quickly gets replaced with the usual at least outward happy look that they have. Glancing up and looking around the area my eyes spot the final member of the group as i smile over towards Neo and gesture for her to come towards the duo. Hey neo! Come on over we need to get this dungeon started! I call over towards the silent girl that has helped the frontlines quite a bit.

@Neopolitan@Stryder

It didn't take too long for Neo to be noticed by Hestia, and was quickly called over to the rest of the group. Making sure that there was nothing left for the other person to say, who she now recognized as Stryder from the event, she waved towards the both of them. She didn't know either of them that well, though she had provided food at the most recent floor boss as well as fought alongside Stryder in the most recent event. It meant she was the stranger here, and certainly not going to be in the know with a lot of things. That didn't make her any less useful though, so hopefully they would be able to all get along quite nicely. It was one of the benefits of her non-action for the most part. She didn't know everything, but that meant people could trust her to be neutral. A horrible talking partner, sure, but at least someone who could listen without judging them.

@Stryder

"As long as Hirru isn't part of your guild... I have no reason to judge them for your actions. I may have my issues with you, and although they might be unfounded... and wrong, with how i am i can't help but see threats...." He started to say to her, before hearing her calling over Neo. He remembered buying food off her, and fighting alongside her in the recent fallen angel boss fight. She ahd been in his party... If he remembered right. He had felt alright fighting alonig side her, though he didn't know her wlel enough to get a proper judge of her character.

"Good to see you Neo... Glad you can join us." He says to her. If she remembered him at all from when he went into her shop, she would notice he has changed, instead of being happy and leaping everywhere, he was broken, and it showed. His face seemed... Emotionless, uncaring, and his tone was full of sorrow and regrets.

I nod my head towards Stryder not saying anything else about the conversation we had before Neo had arrived as i than just smile and gestures for the duo to follow me as i make my way towards the dungeon that i had found making my way through the fog covered floor. Ignoring the feeling of being watched that the game seemingly produces as i can only wonder if it is all artificial because of an effect on this floor or if something is truly hiding among the floor and feeding information to some kind of NPC or monster. As i walk through the fog covered floor i take my time since the dungeon isn't going anywhere as i keep an eye upon the map that i hold and follow the direction and coordinates that i put down for it as i lead us trio towards the dungeon as we slowly arrive towards the biggest problem of entering the dungeon to begin with. The sounds of snarls and howls of a wolf fill the area as we enter close towards the quest's location from which the dungeon was found by Hirru. Welp we're close now so it is all stealth here now since Blood bane is up ahead and guarding his quest area which is just next to the dungeon cause that is where Hirru found this dungeon at.

@Stryder@Neopolitan

It wasn't long before the three of them had set off for the dungeon. Neo was just passively listening for any idle conversation that was going on, so she stuck with the shadows and accidentally triggered her stealth skill. Not wanting to waste the possible opportunity it could give, Neo stayed slinking through the shadows whilst keeping up with the group. It wasn't long before they reached the entrance to the dungeon, and Neo was ready to follow the others in. She had no intention of striking first, and could safely wait a little bit so long as she had her stealth skill in use. She would strike once someone grabbed whatever monsters attentions there were to grab, but not a moment before. She was not going to put her life at risk just because she needed to prove her power to anyone. The only time that would come was if someone threatened a friend's life.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #109602

LD: 15 + 2 = 17 stealth

@Stryder

Sky didn't really care about going into a proper stealth, seeing that Neo pretty muched vanished. Besides, he didn't actually have the stealth skill, and he odubted he was going to try and get it at any point, it just... wasn't part of his plan. He stayed close to Hestia, not really wanting to deal with anything from anyone nearby. He kenw that despite his own unjustified hatred towards Hestia as of late, she would keep him safe. He walked close behind her as they went past the Blood Bane, a quest he wasn't.... overally worried about, pretty confident that he oculd get through it with help if he needed to. He was guessing that it would be equal to how hard this mission was going to end up being. He stayed silent, not relaly wanting to end up dead, well... more than he already was. He didn't know when he could dig himself out of this pit of sorrow...

As i enter the dungeon i can only find that the fog that hangs off a foot from the floor that is on this floor persists through the entire dungeon making all of its halls covered in a rather thick fog as i just accept this and slows down taking my time as i glance towards my familiar before shaking my head. 'I won't use Kuro for that he might be a tanking familiar but i won't risk his life for a stupid dungeon.' I think to myself as i just force myself to move forward into the dungeon ignoring that ever present feeling that is threatening to just only continue to grow in strength persists through the dungeon. That feeling of being watched at all times that feeling that if one would let their guard done for only the briefest of moments something would lunge out and try to take them for a snack for their evening meal if they weren't careful. 'Is it the game..or is it me that feels this way. Can the nerve gear even connect to the brain's emotional function area and forced them to feel things on purpose for whatever atmosphere the floor demands?' i wonder to myself as i continue to move forward through the area. The dungeon so far being that of a mix of dirt and stone that makes up its halls with it all seeming to be linear and if one would put their hand along the wall they would feel every now and then a slight dip into the wall as if their are tiny holes that would fit the size of a finger into them. Here's to hoping this dungeon doesn't have traps. I say outloud.

((OOC: Start combat whenever you two are ready))

Neo crouched along besides the other two players, heading into the dungeon behind them. The light from the entrance was outlining her pretty clearly though. If there was going to be avoiding any mobs, she would more need to hope that they focused more on the higher level players first. Nodding to Hestia about the possibility of traps, Neo made sure not to wander off from the group. As much as she wanted to clear this place quickly, there was no guarantee that she could actually take everything on that was here. Best to let the others and see what dangers wouild actually be waiting for her when they finally reared their heads.

At least I should be safe with a couple of front liners protecting me, assuming they don't start fighting each other that is. If that happens, I may be making a beeline for the exit. If they want to rip each others throats out, I'd rather not become a witness to that.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #110099

LD: 5 + 2 = 7 - stealth rating

@Stryder

• 3 weeks later...

(I FORGOT ABOUT THIS, I'M SORRY!!!!)

Sky looked over at Neo, she was trying to hide, vanish. Before she had a chance to, he walked over to her, knowing she had been handing out buffs for the floor boss. It was an admirable thing to do, and hoenstly... He was pretty sure that she saved at least one or two people from some grief. 

"In the chance your going to be bringing buffs to the next floor boss, i want to help you out. Take this col" He says to her, opening his inventory and sending her 7000 Col. "Hopefully it will help you with keeping us alive" He said, walking back over to Hestia. When he looked back, she had vanished. He was a little.... stunned, but unphased. He might pick up that skill eventually, but it wasn't at the top of his list to get done. 

"If it does, your the one keeping us alive" He said to her, sticking close enough to push off and start combat when he needed to.

I shrug my shoulder at Stryder's words and just give the martial artist a smile upon my face as i look towards the guild leader. if this dungeon does have traps then i might be dead anyway. So Carpe Diem! Live life to the fullest is what i say. I say cheerfully sounding entirely unafraid of death as i turn my head and walk through the thick fog that permeates this entire dungeon like it had stretched out for the entire floor as i just take my time being careful as i try to keep track of where anything is at all with very little success. Even losing Neo at one point already as i just let out a sigh as i close my eyes to focus upon my other senses and can at least hear two sets of footsteps meaning that Neo is nearby and hadn't died via a trap placed. 'For a second i thought Spencer's luck was pulling towards me in that whole trap nonsense he gets in. Seriously that kid is fearless when it comes to traps nowadays because of that.' I think to myself as i feel something by my leg as i begin to move my sword only to see just barely that it is familiar as i quickly calm down once more after that. However, still unable to shake that feeling of being watched not noticing the darkened shadows seemingly shifting and moving like slithering snakes. Though seriously Stryder i can handle most things that come my way. I say in a calm and serious tone of voice having let about 2 minutes pass to say that to let him say whatever he would want to then show that i am taking this seriously.

• 2 weeks later...

Neo was able to quiet her steps a little bit as they got further into the dungeon. The other two were mostly concerned about traps, but Neo didn't think there was that many. The only traps she had heard about were a bunch of little monsters spawning and disabling teleport crystals. That didn't seem to happen too often though and Neo guessed that the other two would be able to help mow through trash mobs quite effectively. As the light from the entrance faded, Neo held back a little bit more from the group, waiting for their first encounter to start. She didn't know where it would come from, but hopefully her first dungeon encounter could go smoothly. There was also the possibility of her not being able to do much damage, but she would just have to hope that the damage she had would be enough.

Dead weight or not, I still need to get more powerful.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #111127

LD: 9 + 2 = 11 stealth rating

@Hestia@Stryder

• 2 weeks later...

Live life to the fullest... Thats what he had thought before... Well, before his whole mind had changed. Before She had died, all he had done was do what he felt was best, just, living life, taking risks. He hadn't cared if he was going to die, as he had not once even come close to death. He knew it was a stupid minset, but he hadn't cared as he was never... Never at risk. A few moments later, she said that she can handle basically anything that came her way. He already knew this, she was one of the strongest Tanks that were around at the moment. If she couldn't handle this... There was a reason teleport Crystals were invented. 

They went into the dungeon, going further. He looked around, wondering what was going to happen, when he saw that neo had vanished into the shadow. She was probably making sure to not get in the way when the fight started, worried that her lack of strength might hinder there progress. She wasn't a frontliner after all... Though in reality, he was barely one himself. He was the weakest in the entire fight last time... And had to get stronger.

"Lets do this...."

@Hestia @Neopolitan

I just nod my head at Stryder's rather calm reply back without much to really go on to reply back as i just go forward once more sticking to a rather calm pace still preparing myself from an attack from anywhere. After more walking through the darkened hallways from the shadows comes creatures flung forward into the way of the hallway from small side passages that looks like they would barely fit even these things. The beings having just pure black pits for eyes as they just turn to the nearest source of sound the two people walking non-stealthily through the hallways as they slowly lumber forward. If one would look behind them they would notice what looks like some kind of tendril attached to the creatures as if puppeteering them. Seeing the red crystals i do what i naturally do when i see monsters coming towards my group of friends. Slamming the pommel of my blade against my shield a loud gong like sound echoes throughout the halls. Come here and face the all around build fighter you stumbling fools! I say thinking of the fly without having much to even go off of for that.

Action: Howl     #111751 CD:1 no energy regain proct.

[3/3/3/3] Hestia:  HP: 1710/1710    Energy: 154/162 DMG:17   MIT:151  Thorns: 54  Eva: -1  BH: 80 Heavy Momentum: 2 (+6DMG) Rec: CD:6+ (+6 ENG)   Stonewall: 25% DoT reduction
[0/0/0/0] @Neopolitan
[0/0/0/0] @Stryder

(4/8 standards)
Hushed Whisper:  525/525  180DMG
Hushed Whisper: 525/525  180DMG

• 2 weeks later...

Seeing that there were enemies ahead, Neo prepared to attack them. She wasn't sure if being able to sneak around them was an actual mechanic, but she did notice that Hestia went ahead and grabbed their attention. Not seeing much of a better opportunity to attack, Neo went ahead and came out of her stealth. It was quite likely these creatures of shadow were also able to see through her stealth, so no point in holding onto it. Once she had come out she quickly went and attacked one of the creatures head on. It didn't seem to do that much to its health. At least, not compared to how much she had been doing to the mobs on lower floors. She really needed to be improving the enemies that she fought against. It would likely give her a much more realistic view of what she was facing when she eventually made it to the front lines.

Spoiler

ROll ID: #112283
BD: 8 + 1 = 9 - hit (12 * 14 = 168 damage; paralysis procs; bleed procs)
CD: 4 - no recovery

[3/3/3/3] Hestia:  HP: 1710/1710    Energy: 154/162 DMG:17   MIT:151  Thorns: 54  Eva: -1  BH: 80 Heavy Momentum: 2 (+6DMG) Rec: CD:6+ (+6 ENG)   Stonewall: 25% DoT reduction
[0/0/0/0] Neopolitan: 640/640 HP | 52/64 EN | 12 DMG | 59 MIT | 1 ACC | 8-10/24 BLD | 8-10 PLZ | 2 REC
[0/0/0/0] @Stryder

(4/8 standards)
Hushed Whisper:  357/525  180DMG [24 BLD - 0/2] [PLZ - 0/1]