[F19-PP] Resurrection of The forgotten

"Well, to be honest, I don't know how much longer I'm going to last," he admitted, stroking his chin. He eyed the bright blue bar in the corner of his screen that represeted his energy. It was shooting back up, sure, but it wasn't very much close to being finished. "I think I've gotta rest a little. Stryder?" 

Pinball turned around, but Neo and Stryder both were nowhere to be seen. "Uh." 

He backtracked a bit, taking a few short hops down the path they were walking, looking for any signs of them. "Guys? Hello?" 

A strange cold fear gripped him as he saw nothing but empty paths all around him. He turned back to Hestia, hoping he hadn't lost her too. He didn't want anyone to die. Not again."They can't be..." 

No. Their names were right under his, listed as all parties were. Their healthbars were in decent shape as well, and they didn't show any signs of declining. So where could they be? Was there some sort of trap they fell victim to? Maybe it locked them somewhere or sent them back to the start of the dungeon? The latter was unusually prominent in some RPGs, so maybe. 

"Should we message them?" 

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

taking note of the lack of Neo and stryder i just sigh softly to myself having hoped that the duo would've stuck around to have helped them prepare for the floor bosses ahead of them, but alas it seems luck wasn't on their side when it comes to this as i just look towards pinball and shakes my head no. If they disappeared this quickly pinball it means they TP'ed crystal home most likely for safety reasons, or maybe they found something about this place that set them off in a weird way. I say in a calm tone of voice with a smile upon my face trying to play it calm and keep myself in check as i run some mental numbers on what i could realistically do in such a situation and who i should get in contact with sooner rather then later most likely. Checking around the area and checking the general energy storage on myself and pin i just nod my head. Lets rest up for now and prepare for the next group. We''ll attack as soon as you're ready to charge in spear ablazing. i can back you up with my own AoE attack, or single target depending on what we run into. I say towards Pin with a grin upon my face a look of confidence that nothing has changed in our success rate.

'We are totally going to need zandra, or something to help us out with this. I don't know how well we could win a war of attrition against a mini-boss or actual boss in this area.' I think to myself as i try to keep calm and keep tabs on when neo and stryder went missing. 'okay creepy underground ruins i'm certain they didn't run into a trap. I mean sure Spencer did all the time, but i'm certain that means nothing i just need to keep a calm head and keep my eyes on the goal of what this place around me can do.'

He wasn't really set at ease by Hestia's reassurance, but it was better than nothing. For a moment, he considered messaging either of them - the mute duelist and his old guild leader both seemed like the types to be able to handle something like a dungeon on their own, but it was worrying nonetheless. What if they'd ran straight into a sort of mini boss? It didn't matter how capable you were, then. If you weren't in some sort of party at that point, you were screwed. 

Pinball shook it off. 

"Well," he sighed, a shaky air to his voice, "we should probably get going, then." It wasn't at all easy to leave them behind, but what could they do, really? They were both alive and well. And alone. 

Pinball blushed. What if they were..? 

He coughed loudly. "Yeah, let's get going. My energy is almost, uh, full. We should, um. Give them some space." 

Go get her, Stryder. 

• 2 months later...

Well to be fair Pinball the situation is mainly for at least us. That i'm mostly done resting up actually as well. SO lets get going i guess. Nothing much has changed hopefully if we are going to do this correctly. I say with a nod of my head as this is going ot be a very interesting situation of if we can actually duo a mini boss at our levels which is both rather likely if we do things correctly, and utterly hopeless all at the sametime since i can remember with a rather strong recollection the stun locks that can occur if things end up in the unlikely case of things going horribly wrong. Getting up from the moss covered stone ground i nod towards Pinball as i would then start taking careful steps deeper into the dungeon with sword and shield in hand to prepare for the off chance a monster would come to try and tackle me into oblivion. Making my way through the maze like dungeon i do my best to make sure Pinball is at my side to avoid anymore people just suddenly vanishing upon me. 'I guess this might be the case of traps that spencer mentions running into. Those things could be anywhere.'

rest post.  2/3

He nodded. "Yeah, let's get going." Pinball rolled his shoulders a bit as his energy shot back up to full, and then he resumed their descent into the mines. It was dark, and it was a lot quieter now that Neo and Stryder were gone, and as they traversed the tunnels they got darker and darker. It seemed that whatever light source these crystals that lined the walls of the dungeon had been emenating were dimming now, progressively weakening in power as they went along.

Or maybe there was something in the walls that was damaging them. 

The thought unnerved him, and so the teenager opted to break the silence. "So, uh, there's only one more left, right?" He'd read about dungeons before, and he understood how they worked. "A mini-boss, I mean. And then there's the big one?" 

He glanced at the walls and the tunnel enveloping them, wondering when it would finally open up into a clearing like the ones they'd fought in before. "I hope we can see still see by the time we get there..." 

That is the plan yeah a mini boss, and then the actual thing that is going ot be the main issue to be honest. The big boss is something on a whole nother' level when compared to some other things. Quests you might face come nothing to dungeon bosses. I say honestly towards Pin as i then see my energy top out at full as i nod my head rather glad with that since it means that if the creature comes to attack i'll now be fully ready for whatever it could throw at us. My familiar walking besides me as i keep my eyes as peeled as they can be until the darkness grows thicker and thicker enveloping the duo of players. Opening up my menu with a swipe of my finger throguh the air i take out two glowstones and simple just start throwing them in front of me. Lighting up a path for the duo of players to walk. 'Good thing i have literally hundreds of these things from leveling up Kairi as a merchant.' I think to myself with a slightly amused chuckle.

Like he'd thought, the tunnel finally opened up into a wider little area in the dungeon - like the ones before. Damn, he was good at this. But something was odd. There weren't any treasure chests in the corner or anything, and he didn't see any monster in his immediate line of sight. Just two rows of unlit torches, leading straight ahead to what looked like...

A giant golem embedded in the rock behind it, sleeping or deactivated. 

Pinball slowed to a stop. The sight of that thing made him nervous. It was huge! It had to at least be a couple of feet higher than Pinball if he stood on Hestia's shoulders. It certainly didn't help how Hestia had just been talking about how these dungeon mobs were in a whole other league. For a moment, all was silent.  

And then there was a rumble. 

All around them, the clearing began to shake and send debris to rain down on them. Pebbles were dislodged and dust was displaced, and all at once the torches lit up. And the golem began to move. 

It pulled itself free of the rock that it had seemingly be lodged into, and what should be its eyes began to glow a bright purple. 

Pinball took a step back, lowering his spear. 

"Hestia..." 

<<The Gatekeeper>>
[                                             ]

Action Taken: Sword Art - [Dimension Stampede] [-2 EN]
The Gatekeeper: ID#123920 BD: 2+3= 5 (Miss!) 

[H:0] @Pinball: 995/995 HP | 94/96 EN | 20 DMG | 5 ACC | 5 EVA | 8-10/24 FRZ
[H:0] @Hestia: HP: 1705/1705  Energy: 154/154 DMG:16   MIT:151  Thorns: 84  Eva: 0  ACC: 2  BH: 79 Heavy Momentum: 2

The Gatekeeper: 1425/1425 HP | 380 DMG | 95 MIT | 2 EVA | 2 ACC

Welp it's now or never. I say softly as i watch teh creature come out of the watch as old stone of some kind that is its flesh mixed with the moss and crash taht has become apart of the stone due to age having grown over every bit of the stone architecture in the area. I watch as the beast rise from the ground as its stats and name appears along wit hit as i just nod my head and quickly slam the pommel of my blade against the shield as a loud gong like noise echoes throughout the battle arena. Come on and face me you golem you got nothing on hestia! i shout towards the creature as i then run planning on circling the beast towards the back of it to keep its attacks and focus centered upon myself rather then also being able to glance towards pinball for a attack. Looking towards the beast i watch its lumbering moves and see it swing a fist towards me as it gets stopped halfway vines and plantlife clinging the beasts body towards the ground hindering its movements. The golem moves its fist towards the right tearing off the plant life with just brute force alone as it stares down at me with glowing purple eyes.

Action Focused howl
#123921 MD:1

H:5] @Pinball: 995/995 HP | 94/96 EN | 20 DMG | 5 ACC | 5 EVA | 8-10/24 FRZ
[H:0] @Hestia: HP: 1705/1705  Energy: 148/154 DMG:16   MIT:151  Thorns: 84  Eva: 0  ACC: 2  BH: 79 Heavy Momentum: 2

The Gatekeeper: 1425/1425 HP | 380 DMG | 95 MIT | 2 EVA | 2 ACC

"Well," he echoed, shrugging, "it's now or never...!" 

Urged on and trusting in his teammate, Pinball charged forward, his legs carrying him at a breakneck speed towards The Gatekeeper. Pinball's spear collided with the monster's stony exterior like a thunderclap, the force of his blows driving the golem back and into the wall. Pinball hung in the air for a moment before finally being pushed back, where he flew backwards and slid across the ground on his own two feet. The golem was blown away by the sheer force of it - it slammed into the rock wall behind and fell to one knee. And then two knees. And then it was bent over, using its foreams as support. Pinball took a step back. Another one. He glanced over at Hestia, and then back at the monster in front of him. 

Ice covered its form, and it struggled to lift its own weight. 

What a first strike~. Pinball couldn't help but grin. 

Action Taken: Sword Art - [Dimension Stampede] [-14 EN] // Charge! +5 DMG and Bull Rush! 
The Gatekeeper: ID#123922 BD: 10 ~ 20+5+2= 27*15= 405-47= 358 DMG + STUN + FREEZE

[H:2] Pinball: 995/995 HP | 94/96 EN | 20 DMG | 5 ACC | 5 EVA | 8-10/24 FRZ
[H:5] Hestia: HP: 1705/1705  Energy: 154/154 DMG:16   MIT:151  Thorns: 84  Eva: 0  ACC: 2  BH: 79 Heavy Momentum: 2

The Gatekeeper: 1067/1425 HP | 380 DMG | 95 MIT | 2 EVA | 2 ACC [FROZEN] [STUNNED] 

I watch as the beast suddenly stops moving entirely as Pinball strikes against it, and soon followed by ice forming along the body of the giant beast of stone as i just grin seeing the plan as my blade gets covered in the light blue light of a sword art as i rush towards the giant creature. Moving towards the giant golem i quickly slash along its ice covered form as the ice breaks and cracks and once i finish the sword art it shatters and breaks as i then back away from the golem soon after to avoid any new counter attack it could use against me. Nice job Pin! Lets see if you can continue that kinda luck once more! I shout towards the spear user as i raise my shield up and keeps it close to my chest and then properly wait for the next attack as i gaze towards the purple eyes of the giant beast.

Action: Legion destroyer+concentration

#123923 BD:3+1=4+2=6  16x11=176-95=95= 81+24=105 DMG  MD:STUN

[H:2] Pinball: 995/995 HP | 94/96 EN | 20 DMG | 5 ACC | 5 EVA | 8-10/24 FRZ
[H:6] Hestia: HP: 1705/1705  Energy: 136/154 DMG:16   MIT:151  Thorns: 84  Eva: 0  ACC: 2  BH: 79 Heavy Momentum: 2

The Gatekeeper: 962/1425 HP | 380 DMG | 95 MIT | 2 EVA | 2 ACC

Pinball nodded happily at Hestia's encouragement, but never once tore his gaze away from The Gatekeeper. It was too imposing of a figure - too powerful looking to lose Pinball's attention. They were slowly making dents in its armor, sure, but its healthbar was still practically full. And that was an issue. 

The Gatekeeper turned its glowing eyes to Hestia as it pushed itself to its feet, thanks to her Howl and the quick, successive slashes she'd managed to land against the frozen enemy. Thanks to the tank, Pinball was able to run right up to it and unleash yet another barrage of spear thrusts. 

His weapon cut through it like melted cheese, carving off chunks of stone and completely shaving moss that coated the outside of its abnormal body. But after was all said and done, and Pinball leapt back away from the fight, its health was still stubbornly hovering just over half-health. 

Pinball frowned. It was as tough as it looked, huh? 

Action Taken: Sword Art - [Dimension Stampede] [-14 EN/+1 EN] 
The Gatekeeper: ID#123924 BD: 3+3= 6 (Hit!) ~ 20*15= 300-95= 205 DMG 

[H:3] Pinball: 995/995 HP | 68/96 EN | 20 DMG | 5 ACC | 5 EVA | 8-10/24 FRZ
[H:6] Hestia: HP: 1705/1705  Energy: 136/154 DMG:16   MIT:151  Thorns: 84  Eva: 0  ACC: 2  BH: 79 Heavy Momentum: 2

The Gatekeeper: 757/1425 HP | 380 DMG | 95 MIT | 2 EVA | 2 ACC

Looking towards the giant golem i watch its fist swing right towards me as i raise my shield and blocks the hit that gets sent towards me the sound of a loud gong like ring echoes throughout the area. I slide along the ground as my feet kick up dust as i get knocked away from the giant golem as i gaze towards the creature as i take a calming breathe after the fact feeling thankful for all that is holy that there is no pain received during this game. Okay took a hit. Didn't do all that much, but D**n can that thing knock me away with just its power. I say more so towards myself then anybody at all as i gaze towards the thing called the gatekeeper as i then steady myself as my hands then glow a yellow aura as i point them towards Pinball as a yellow aura around Pinball appears recovering his energy back even if slightly to help him continue the fight as long as possible.

Action: Energize on pinball
#123925 MD:4+3=7  380-151=229 DMG

[H:3] Pinball: 995/995 HP | 76/96 EN | 20 DMG | 5 ACC | 5 EVA | 8-10/24 FRZ
[H:6] Hestia: HP: 1476/1705  Energy: 127/154 DMG:16   MIT:151  Thorns: 84  Eva: 0  ACC: 2  BH: 79 Heavy Momentum: 2

The Gatekeeper: 673/1425 HP | 380 DMG | 95 MIT | 2 EVA | 2 ACC

The Gatekeeper bore down on Hestia with force befitting a monster of its particular... stature. Pinball didn't want to imagine what it would do to him, someone without mitigation. He was almost convinced he was better off letting Hestia handle it. 

No, he couldn't very well do that. 

Pinball ran forward, his spear glowing a vivid purple as he charged. Zomekko's shadow swirled around his weapon, creating the illusion of this weird, flickering weapon that left trails of snow, shadow, and color in its wake. 

Hopping into the air and raising his spear... was a bad idea. With inhuman speed, the Gatekeeper spun around, swinging its collosal fist at the spearsman. In an effort to defend himself, Pinball dropped the Sword Art and held his spear out horizontally - and the weapon took the brunt of the blow. 

The spear snapped in half, and Pinball was sent flying - but he took no damage, and he landed behind Hestia on his feet.  

In a flash of blue light, Pinball's weapon reappeared in his hands, and ice bound his skin to the polearm once more. 

Action Taken: Sword Art - [Dimension Stampede] [-2 EN/+1 EN] 
The Gatekeeper: ID#124001 BD: 3+2= 5 (Miss!) 

[H:3] Pinball: 995/995 HP | 76/96 EN | 20 DMG | 5 ACC | 5 EVA | 8-10/24 FRZ
[H:6] Hestia: HP: 1476/1705  Energy: 127/154 DMG:16   MIT:151  Thorns: 84  Eva: 0  ACC: 2  BH: 79 Heavy Momentum: 2

The Gatekeeper: 673/1425 HP | 380 DMG | 95 MIT | 2 EVA | 2 ACC

Seeing pin land behind me i just grin and put a hand upon his shoulder with a small chuckle. Hey welcome to the tank side of the party we have death and lots of punches directed towards me enjoy your stay here. I say towards pin as i activate energize once more increasing his energy reserves almost back up towards full as i then hear the sounds of slow moving giant starting to make its way towards myself for another attack. Turning around towards the creature i brace my entire body for this attack. Preparing my shield to block the hit and deal thorns damage. My legs ready to try and push back against the concussive force of the limb that wants to push me back, and then finally hoping i don't get sent into a pillar on top of everything else that can happen. When i feel the force hit me once more i still get knocked back a fair distance from the creature, but not as far as last time due to having properly prepared. Though a few inches is not much to brag about when it comes to something of this size and strength and to call that fair enough distance not to have been pushed back.

Action: Energize on pinball
#123023 MD:3+3=6 380-151=229-79=150 DMG  Thorns: 84

[H:3] Pinball: 995/995 HP | 83/96 EN | 20 DMG | 5 ACC | 5 EVA | 8-10/24 FRZ
[H:6] Hestia: HP: 1326/1705  Energy: 118/154 DMG:16   MIT:151  Thorns: 84  Eva: 0  ACC: 2  BH: 79 Heavy Momentum: 2

The Gatekeeper: 589/1425 HP | 380 DMG | 95 MIT | 2 EVA | 2 ACC

Pinball watched his energy spike up as Hestia imbued him with another Energize. He appreciated it! He couldn't afford to get too tired fighting this thing, if he was the main source of damage now. Pinball nodded. "I'm just glad my spear took the hit," he sighed, giving the weapon a twirl. "And that it was this spear. Anything else and I would have been boned." 

He hopped to it. "Thanks for the boost! I'm off-!" Pinball, this time, didn't charge towards the hulking goliath. Because it was already on top of them. Sidestepping another hammer strike, Pinball's Dimension Stampede obliterated its health bar, sending it into what he thought might be the red (he couldn't really focus in the middle of the strike, see). Pulling back, though, he was satisfied to see that it was frozen over again, and struggling to move despite the thin layer of ice surrounding it. 

He glanced at Hestia. "Might be good to just break the ice right now, since you can take a hit. I think cutting it down as quick as we can is our best bet." 

The Gatekeeper: ID#124024 BD: 10 (Crit!) ~ 20+2= 22*15= 330-47= 283 DMG + FREEZE 

[H:5] Pinball: 995/995 HP | 70/96 EN | 20 DMG | 5 ACC | 5 EVA | 8-10/24 FRZ
[H:6] Hestia: HP: 1326/1705  Energy: 118/154 DMG:16   MIT:151  Thorns: 84  Eva: 0  ACC: 2  BH: 79 Heavy Momentum: 2

The Gatekeeper: 306/1425 HP | 380 DMG | 95 MIT | 2 EVA | 2 ACC [FROZEN]

Gazing towards the creature as it once more becomes nothing more then a ice sculpture i let out a low and appreciative whistle as i then charge towards the creature as my blade quickly slashes into the creature over and over again. The ice breaking and cracking under each strike as well with as soon as the sword art is done the ice fractures and breaks apart shattering into the beast alongside the multitude of slashes it suffered leaving its health rather wounded as i just grin rather happily at this since it means i can get some free healing to recover from this. Backing away from the hulking Goliath with a smile upon my face i gaze up towards it as its gaze remain solely upon myself as i can only just raise my shield once more in retaliation. Well Pin you got this! Give it one last good hit and we can move on from this once and for all!

Action: Legion Destroyer
#124025 BD:6+2=8 176+24=200-95=105 DMG  MD:1(frozen) 

[H:5] Pinball: 995/995 HP | 70/96 EN | 20 DMG | 5 ACC | 5 EVA | 8-10/24 FRZ
[H:7] Hestia: HP: 1405/1705  Energy: 108/154 DMG:16   MIT:151  Thorns: 84  Eva: 0  ACC: 2  BH: 79 Heavy Momentum: 2

The Gatekeeper: 201/1425 HP | 380 DMG | 95 MIT | 2 EVA | 2 ACC [FROZEN]

Now, The Gatekeeper was in the red. Its vitality on the cusp of destruction, Pinball spared one last look at Hestia, who'd charged and attacked the monster with her sword, shattering the ice and leaving it reeling backwards. After a moment's hesitation, Pinball decided it was time for him to follow up with his own attack. 

Rushing forward, the tip of his spear tracing just barely along the rocky ground, Pinball unleashed Dimension Stampede one more time - and it was the last time he would use it against this specific creature. Its health bar instantly plummeted - the polearm punched holes in its natural armor like a knife through already warm butter. The Gatekeeper didn't stand a chance, and it, like so many other mobs before it, succumbed to the might of Pinball's weapon. 

But did it stand a chance to begin with? 

Ahead of them, where The Gatekeeper had once been lodged, was a hole. A continuation of the tunnel they'd been traveling down before. Pinball looked to Hestia, waiting expectantly. 

The Gatekeeper: ID#124030 BD: 9 (Crit!) ~ 21*15= 315-47= 268 DMG + FREEZE

[H:7] Pinball: 995/995 HP | 57/96 EN | 20 DMG | 5 ACC | 5 EVA | 8-10/24 FRZ
[H:7] Hestia: HP: 1405/1705  Energy: 108/154 DMG:16   MIT:151  Thorns: 84  Eva: 0  ACC: 2  BH: 79 Heavy Momentum: 2

The Gatekeeper: 0/1425 HP | 380 DMG | 95 MIT | 2 EVA | 2 ACC

Looking towards PIn i just shrug my shoulders as i look towards him after he finishes the mid-boss with a rather great show of strength with himself having killed it with barely any effort on his part to be fair. So Pin it's up to you if we want to continue do you think you'll have enough energy to survive facing off against the boss? I burnt 60 energy on just this midboss so i would recommend myself taking a rest and recovering our energy since our health is now back up to full entirely so that is a plus on our side. I say towards the spear user with a grin upon my face as i stated my opinion figuring that pin might know his limits better then myself when it will come to such a fight against the boss since it will either go rather well like this one had just gone, or horribly wrong if things start going down hill faster then what could ever be expected by the duo of players. The memories of the infinite being stunned dungeon boss coming to mind strongly.

Action: Field medic heals 341  lose 13 eng

[H:0] Pinball: 995/995 HP | 57/96 EN | 20 DMG | 5 ACC | 5 EVA | 8-10/24 FRZ
[H:0] Hestia: HP: 1705/1705  Energy: 95/154 DMG:16   MIT:151  Thorns: 84  Eva: 0  ACC: 2  BH: 79 Heavy Momentum: 2

Pinball paused, taking a deep breath. Ahead of them was the path to what was either a tunnel or the next room, but all he could think about was sitting down for a while and recovering his energy. If whatever was in there was stronger than The Gatekeeper, he was going to need it. So he shook his head, and replied to Hestia. "No, let's heal up and stuff. I'm gonna, um, sit over there for a moment. And make sure I've got, uh. My stuff." 

So go over there and make sure he had is, uh, stuff for a moment he did. Walking off to the side, leaving Hestia alone in the center of the clearing, Pinball sat on what looked like a rounded boulder placed up against the wall. What a coincidence! 

But as he took his seat, Pinball became increasingly aware of how wobbly it really was. Curious to see whether or not it moved, he stood, placing the bottom of his boot against it and pushing it off to the side. 

To his surprise, it rolled away easily, revealing an indentation in the stone - and in that little hole there was a chest. "Woah! Hey!" 

His eyes lighting up, Pinball put his hands into the hollowed out rock and dragged it out. 

Action Taken: Searching for Treasure Chest 
Treasure Chest: ID#124901 LD: 20 (Success!) 

OOC EN Regen: 1/3 

Seeing Pin agree to the idea of resting i nod and makes my way towards a wall and then sits down with the wall being close to a few openings of branching paths that could lead for more mobs to spill out figuring if there would be such a thing i could intercept them before anything could potentially go dangerously wrong. Just resting and lightly petting my wonderful familiar along the top of his head with a gentle and loving affectionate gaze towards the familiar since it just feels nice to treat kuro as the animal that he is after some fights. It is rather comforting and is something i wish i could've had in the real world to keep me company, but maybe more so as a dog rather then anything else.Hearing a sound of delight i look towards pinball in curiosity as i see him spotting that of a treasure chest having been hidden within the cavern of this dungeon as i just grin and leaves it to pinball to open since he found it, and because of that it is by his right he is allowed to open it.