[F21-PP] The faces that hide

Arriving upon F21 the day after having completed the quest with Zandra in finally killing the annoyances that had made themselves known as the trouble in the mines quest i can only still feel a small amounts of annoyance and anger at dealing with those creatures, and by proxy the quests designs in general that made it much more difficult than what one could anticipate.

Spoiler

@Zandra

Hey Zandra i am good to go for the dungeon that you had found yesterday, buuuut i might've invited a friend since he is at least a good damage dealer if not a bit eccentric. I know that it would most likely be faster with the two of us, but i am just being careful with whatever boss we could come across at the end, and hey even if the loot and experience is cut three ways better safe than dead is what i always say.

after sending the message i send the second one to a spear wielder that i can think of that would most likely join the dungeoneering to let him primarily know that it is today rather than a week from now or a few days from now.

Spoiler

@Pinball

hey Pinball got a intermediate dungeon that needs to be taken care of. If you don't respond soon though showing interest i will be heading off without you.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The ding of a notification caught his attention. Pinball set aside the freshly baked batch of cookies he had just pulled from the oven, and quickly read the message. Right now! Pinball shoveled as many cookies as he could into his mouth and then took another handful still, running through his shop wearing long black socks and apron - nothing but black socks and an apron. He kicked open his door, slamming it shut with his foot too, and began to run through the woods, still sticking cookie after cookie into his mouth.
At some point through his streak through the forest he realized he wasn't wearing anything, and swapped his apron out for his normal combat gear. The partially naked boy transformed into a spear toting teenager wearing a long-sleeved black shirt and bits and pieces of heavily worn out leather armor mid-sprint. 

It wasn't terribly long until he spotted Hestia. He wasn't horribly familiar with the Underdark (or the 21st Floor in general), but he had been here once before with Shield, and for some reason he figured he'd look where he had met up with him. She wasn't there, but she wasn't far off either, and Pinball waved her down excitedly. "Hey! HEY! HESTIA!" He ran at her at his full speed (which was pretty damn fast, mind you), only to stop suddenly - and, thrown off balance, lose his footing. He made his face first fall a bit more graceful by turning it into a somersault, but as he stood up and stumbled it was a bit too obvious it wasn't intentional. 

((NOTE: PINBALL IS GREEN IN THIS THREAD)) 

Edited by Pinball

Zandra had prepared herself in her bedroom and went down the stairs. In this case prepare meant rise from bed and open inventory to with a few clicks turn from underware to the normal clothes she usually weared. Today she would go on an dungeonhunt with Hestia. They was lucky she had brought a blank map. She walked into the kitchen and took a Hummus dip, added some extrta spices and ate it. She felt her stats go up a dit. After that she left her mansion and headed down to floor twenty one. On her way down she took out a potion and drank it. Now she was more prepared with a relatively good mood she entered as she exited the portal she saw she had got a mail. It was awhile but she quikly opened it to read before she met up with Hestia. It was from her. She let out a giggle. Not that it would matter about the loot. Zandra wouldn’t mind they taking all. She headed out and spotted the couple not long time liater. The guy looked a bit exhausted. ‘’Hi Hestia.’’ She said to the tank before turning to the guy. ‘’Hi, are you okay? Im Zandra by the way.’’ She said to him and reached forth her hand, waiting for him to grab it.

+2(+1)=+3 ACC Hummus dip (+house kitchen bonus) consumed
+3 dmg potion of vicious dragon fang consumed

Mega slime farm(November) +2SP threadreward

Edited by Zandra

Glancing back i smile towards the spearman that makes his presence known as i nod towards him with a small and rather happy smile upon my face as i feel a small sense of peace at that fact since he shouldn't die at all during the dungeon that is going to take place. 'or if he does that will be the worst case of bad luck ever dying with two supports being right next to him. What are the odds of that happening though?' I think to myself dismissively as i watch him trip over himself as he runs towards me as i chuckle once more and shake my head in amusement at that slowly getting use to his antics already as i begin to walk over towards him, but manages to get outdone by Zandra he arrives their first as i look towards the axe wielding girl. How are you doing Zandra? Long time no see. I say in a joking tone of voice towards the other support fighter. This is the friend i told you about. I say towards her as i than look back towards Pin and waits for him to get back up to his feet.

@Pinball@Zandra

It was then that he realized, he probably shouldn't have been running. Pinball flipped onto his back, getting ready to jump to his feet, when he saw the hand of an armored girl offering him help up. "Oh," was all he managed before taking her hand. He could feel the heat rising in his cheeks. "Hi," he replied, and that's all he could manage before awkwardly shuffling back over to Hestia. "Ohh, man, so embarrassing," he said to himself under his breath. Pinball jumped. "Y-yeah, I'm Pinball. Nice to meet you?" His response was rushed and as jittery as he was, and towards the end it sounded more like a question? Still, though, he hadn't been expecting the company - especially not from somebody so renown on the frontlines. Pinball gave his spear an awkward tap on the ground, shuffling in place, and trying not to engage too much in the actual conversation. He'd speak when spoken to, and that was what he was comfortable with.

@Zandra

Edited by Pinball

Zandra smiled to Hestia. ‘’Hehe, yeah long time no see indeed. All good from this side. How about you?’’ She replied to the supportive tank. It have only been one day since they last met, but that day felt like an eternity. They slayed drakeling after drakeling. But barely any hides dropped for them. Well, at least they found a dungeon that would give them some nice rewards today. She then turned to their new companion. They would probably have went thru it alive on their own, but the more the merrier and safer. This would be a good time to judge his combat capabilities so she knew for coming bosses and events. ‘’So, you decided to join our party.’’ She didn’t mentioned anything about the fall. It wasn’t anything that mattered anyway. ‘’Im looking forward fighting by your side. But may I ask, why did you decided to tag along? I wonder for what reason, I have nothing against it.’’

I've been doing pretty good Z just been relaxing for the most part after we had to deal with those Drakelings. I hope we never have to do a quest like that again though seriously. I say towards Zandra with a rather happy smile upon my face as i than glance back towards Pin and chuckles a bit at his somewhat nervous responses as i walk over and pat him gently on the shoulder to try and give some type of comfort as i look towards the spear user. There is nothing to worry about Pin, Z isn't going to hurt you or something and she is just a normal player like yourself and i. No need to get all worried about something. I say in a gentle tone of voice towards him as i lead us all towards the dungeon taking my time as i do so to allow Pin and Zandra to talk to one another to get use to one another's presence. My familiar sticking right by my side as the lion with fur as white as snow and wings as black as night walks right beside me with a rather serious look on its normally apathetic face.

One of Pinball's eyes narrowed when Zandra asked him that first question - weirdly though, just one. "Uhh," he said, shuffling again, "Hestia invited me." He looked over to the tank, almost as if for confirmation. 
He couldn't believe he was standing in front of Zandra! He had only seen her in the boss raid, and even then, not up close. He hadn't gotten the chance to talk to her, and it was almost... larger than life. He managed to push out awkward responses, though. 
He then responded to Hestia. "Oh, well," he scratched his cheek, "I'm not worried or anything. I know, I know..." He let his words trail off towards the end. "Anyway!" He leaned into Hestia, almost whispering his next question. "Are we gonna..?" He motioned towards the outskirts of town. "You know.
"I have buffs I need to use if I wanna keep up with you guys," he then went on to explain, "so let me know when we get close to the dungeon. Then I'll use them before we go in.

The young man seemed pretty straight on point. The reason for him to join them was because the tank invited him. Zandra looked a bit confused as it seemed he was kinda nervous. She raised an eyebrow. ‘’Sorry, did I said something weird?’’ she said looking first at Pinball, then Hestia and back to Pinball. She really didn’t wanted to make a bad impression to the guy since this was the first time they talked. Maybe what she asked was to personal, or to straight forward. She scratched her chin. ‘’Ehm. Yeah Hest, I really don’t wanna do another trouble in the mines quest.’’ She said with a light shiver. ‘’Have you tried that quest Pinball? Its slaying a bunch of drakelings that is harassing the miners. And they can drop this hide that you can turn in for greater quest rewards. Me and Hestia did it yesterday and the drop rate of the hides is low as f***.’’

I just nod my head as i make my way towards the dungeon following the directions i had written down for the dungeon from what Zandra had found rather thankfully during their trouble in the mines run to make that quest entirely worth even if slightly spending some points of their limited sanity to get a dungeon of any level on this floor. Making my way forward with my sword sheathed at my hip and holding onto my shield as the only form of weaponry while traversing the floor confidently while chuckling at Zandra's plight of the trouble in the mines drop rate as i can only nod in the agreement about it. Yeah that quest is a bit broken but i  guess that is what it tries to make you do for extra rewards. Besides if we took it on again Z i am willing to bet we could handle it with ease if we brought one more AoE person and i handed out witch of the west potions if i had enough. Maybe than we would get lucky you know? I say towards her in a joking manner at what would basically be an extreme at that point for at least the col rewards that the quest gives for bringing more hides, but at the very least has a higher exp reward due to the higher amounts of enemies killed.

Come on, confidence! You wanted to work on your people skills.. you won't get better acting like this. 
"No, actually," he said, shakily at first, but his voice grew a bit more confident as he spoke - if not only just a little quicker in his delivery, "But I should probably do that soon. I kinda do need Col. And experience too, probably." Pinball walked along now, following the two players as they made their way down the roads. As they talked, Pinball dug through his inventory, pulling out a variety of consumables he knew he'd need to eat and drink if he wanted to keep up with the other two players. As he scarfed down those buffs, listening to the two discuss the details of the quest they must have done prior to the dungeon diving, Pinball watched the scenery go by. He wasn't really knowledgeable about the 21st Floor's geography, save for the time he had come down here with Shield and Hirru to do another dungeon. 

Consumed: 
T2 Perfect Dessert - Enhanced Eye-Spy Cake: +2 ACC, +10 MIT  [#106992A] 
T2 Perfect Dessert - Enhanced Jailbreak Cake: +2 EVA, +10 MIT [#106806]
T2 Rare Meal - Apple Cider: +2 DMG, -20 MIT [#107179]
T2 Perfect Potion - Greater Burning Edge: +3 DMG [#106107] 

Stats: 
DMG: 15 -> 20 
EVA: 3 -> 5
ACC 3 -> 5 

Hestia replied to Zandras comment about the quest they did the previous day with a nod and said if they did it again they should bring another aoe player. Zandra nodded. ‘’Yeah, hopefully they have better luck in getting drops. But the potion, do you really think its worth wasting it on just a single quest? I should probably get one of those.’’ She did scratched her chin as she mumbled quetly to herself. ’Together with a crafters respite that would make my boss package filled up pretty quick.’ After that Pinball said he would do that quest as well, he seemed to be in need of col. Zandra felt kinda bad feeling. To herself col was no problem at all. She was even gonna buy another house to spread her alchemy reputation. ‘’Well Piball, I wont take any col rewards from this dungeon, you can split my share with Hestia. I have enough for awhile.’’

Looking between the two i just nod my head as we slowly arrive at the dungeon's location as i take out some items from my inventory figuring that they would be useful to guarantee survival through this dungeon since the last intermediate i had entered did a rather good amount of damage to myself. Taking out a potion, a field ration, and a immolation potion i use the three items and smile rather happily as the items get consumed and quickly followed with the stat increase that is always accompanied with such an action. Once that is over with i nod my head in satisfaction as i glance towards Z and than just nods my head seemingly at nothing. 'She'll be fine she is strong, and has a good amount of health. Besides she'll only be hit by AoEs shouldn't be tooo difficult.' I think to myself. Welp we're here at this dungeon than. No time like the present. I say calmly as i start making my way down into the dungeon shield up, sword ready to strike at anything that would be too weak.

@Pinball@Zandra

Items being used

T3 immolation potion (84 thorns total)
T3 field rations
Rare mit potion (+20 MIT)

Items being given to Pinball

T2 field rations
Stats

Spoiler

HP: 1705/1705    Energy: 154/154 DMG:16   MIT:171  Thorns: 84  Eva: -1  BH: 79 Heavy Momentum: 2 (+6DMG) Rec: CD:6+ (+6 ENG)

Pinball quickly nodded to Zandra with a small but, again, nervous smile. "Ah, thank you," he replied, "that's really nice of you." It'd be nice to finally make some Col. He had a decent amount, but once he makes a big order again, he'll be a bit worse off. He hadn't expected to burn through those consumables so quickly, and knowing Mars, his shop'll throw a harder hit to his wallet than Neopolitan's. He wanted to eventually be able to buy a house, and maybe just... let the other frontliners worry about progression. They were slow, and it wasn't - he forced himself to acknowledge this as fact - too unlikely that their bodies expired before they actually managed to clear the game at this rate. 
When they approached and inevitably entered the dungeon, Pinball hastily accepted the Field Rations from Hestia and scarfed them down - and, after that, went into his inventory and pulled out a Safeguard. Running out of these, too, he knew, but drank anyway. Only one left. He tossed the vial aside, wiping his mouth, and hefted his spear as he walked down the dungeon's interior corridor. 

Consumed: 

Field Rations +1 (T2): +75 HP 
T1 Perfect Potion: Magic Armor - Safeguard [#99042-1]

Stats: 
HP: 940/940 -> 1015/1015
- Safeguarded! - 

Edited by Pinball

Zandra watched as her two party members consumed some more consumables. She guessed she would have to get to work to refill her stock in her store. Specially since the next floor boss fight probably wasn’t that far away. She scratched her neck and looked the other way when they was busy and took a look back. You should really get your thumb out of you a** and open the store at floor that you have planned for the last few months. She sighed before she turned back to her companions, just in time for them to be done. ‘’Wait a bit.’’ She said when they was gonna enter the dungeon. She opened her inventory and scrolled thru it for a bit until she found what she looked after. She marked two items and sent them to Hestia. ‘’Here, the war rally paralyse all opponents. Can be used once a day or so, so don’t use it at the start. One downside with being support is that you cant heal yourself unless u field medic. This horn heals you almost as much as field medic but you wont have to waste field medics cooldown. Can be sued twice a day. I guess you can judge for when its needed.’’ As she had sent the items to Hestia she followed the two players into the dungeon.

Sent to Hestia:
-Amphibian war rally (paralyse all enemies)
-Unicorn horn (heals one to three targets. 15% one target, 10% two targets, 5% three targets)

I glance at the two items' descriptions as they get sent to me as i nod my head slowly at first as i gaze at the properties of seemingly being able to paralyze an enemy while also being able to heal everyone up including myself. A small happy smile crosses my face as i look towards my fellow support and nods my head in thanks. If it wouldn't be awkward as hell Zandra i would hug you for these two items since clearly they are event things since i have never seen a quest drop these rewards and i know that nobody can make these things. I will make sure to treat them with care and only use them in case of an emergency. I say towards her with the biggest smile on my face as i start making my way into the dungeon afterwards blade in hand and now having two items that i quickly put into my BR inventory to make sure that i have things ready for whatever this dungeon could throw at me. But yeah for any opening acts i would want Zandra opening up with her axe to test these creature's strength if she can clear them out in one hit well that is just really good luck and i can just energize her back up. Zandra if you don't have the bullrush mod for the charge skill Pinball can go in next with a bullrush AoE attack to get a nice opening of no attacks. Than i can come in last with a charge AoE of my own since i wouldn't need to howl if they are stunned. I say as a basic battle plan towards the two rather skilled actual fighters within this game to see how that would work for a rather hopefully decent opening move against the mobs we could come across.

@Pinball@Zandra
(OOC Note: put a note for preference of just clearing out dungeon via mob grind, or me throwing in some RP elements and rping things out like i am going to do for my F15/F19 dungeons.)

((OOC: I've got no real preference. We can just burn through it if you'd rather)) 

He watched out of the corner of his eyes as Zandra transferred some type of items to Hestia. He didn't really care, though. Whatever they were, he had a feeling they wouldn't hurt him. Plus, he was too busy staring down into the depths of the dungeon before them. It was with an anxious heart that Pinball turned to Hestia, gripping the smooth shaft of his spear. He listened to her plan silently, nodding here and there, mumbling but for the most part he didn't say much of anything. After she was finished, and the party turned their attention back to the dungeon, Pinball waited with anticipation for the first sign of any contact. The monsters here were supposed to be dangerous, especially in a dungeon on this floor. Admittedly, he didn't know an awful lot about dungeons, but from the few times he had explored one he knew they were designed to pose a bit of a challenge. Pinball hefted his weapon over his shoulder silently, staying a bit close behind Hestia, and waited. 

Zandra blushed as she saw Hestias reaction when she sent her the items. A huge smile had spread across her face. She scratched her neck as she looked the other way. ‘’Hey girl, take it easy. But yeah, the warhorn was a floor boss item drop that would have gone to the one that healed the most, though there was no one that took damage. But as a support, the player gave me the horn since she was pure dps. The unicorn horn is a drop from a relatively lately boss. It was when I did the most healing, so Ive got both of them for being a support.’’ She took a short pause before continuing.’’And don’t be too happy. Im just letting you borrow them. I expect you to send them back when we have went thru this dungeon. And yeah, I do have the bulrush mod and that sounds like a pretty solid plan. Simple but effective.’’ After that she followed the tank supporter.

I pout sadly at hearing i have to get them back but nods my head knowing that these are valuable because of how unique they are and thus i can't force myself to keep them as i just continue making my way into the dungeon that turns out to be a large cavernous system very much so in the style of just the normal F21 floor with the dungeon seemingly starting out by opening out into three separate hallways with no clear distinction between one or the other. I glance between each one slowly but surely evaluating the options between each of them since it is a bit weird that a dungeon opens up into branching paths or at least..it maybe is weird? With a small sigh i take the left most path out of the three options with sword and shield in hand. 'Maybe it is like a maze or something and this is the gimmick of the dungeon or something since i imagine these have to be different than just the natural floor right?' As i would head into the path alongside the two players as soon as all three of us entered down that hall the way back would slowly form in a spiraling manner to close off the exit to not allow anyone to escape out of this place now that we've entered. Okay...so not a literal maze. Guess we're going with this option. I say softly as i would just try to continue forward as i can only guess that is part of the dungeons or somehow a clue of what is going on within this dungeon.

Pinball, hesitantly at first, followed Hestia into the depths of what - he assumed - was the dungeon. It was really dark in here, and there wasn't much by way of a light source, but he could just barely make out shapes, and he could still see the color in his ally's faces, and that was a good sign. It meant he'd still be able to fight. He stared at the tank's back as they walked, occasionally glancing over at the other frontliner beside him. He remembered what Shield had told him. He needed to get used to the company of frontliners - he was, after all, practically one himself. Pinball gripped the shaft of his spear tightly. This was supposed to be a dangerous fight, but he was prepared, and he had people to back him up. Unless the whole place was rigged or something, what could possibly go wrong? Pinball almost laughed, instead only flashing a grim smile to nobody but himself and the growing shadows. 

((I CHANGED MY MIND LET'S JUST BUM RUSH IT AND GET IT OVER WITH)) 

@Zandra