[F21-PP] The faces that hide

I look towards the axe wielding woman with a rather perplexed look when i hear her mention that she somehow led to someone's death in a indirect manner. Looking at her i can only think back to what she said earlier back during the drake skinning quest objective as i nod my head remembering the words of her somehow needing to redeem herself in some functionality. Is that why you think people seemingly don't like you Zandra? You did mention something like that back during the mines quest we went on together, and that you would explain that to me at some point. i ask the woman curiously now needing to know what exactly even happened to make her associated with a kill of any kind to put the blame on her, and if this isn't related to her reputation what other things happened to make others turn against her from her perspective. Glancing towards Pin i would look up towards the ceiling in some thought as i switch my focus for a moment to answer the question. Well if you want more damage, ferocity, charge, i guess stealth could work, find a fallen weapon that works with your spear, and lastly you would have to get a bit stronger in defense to get the last damage boost from armor. I say towards him as i list off the things in my mind that would work.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Damage, Ferocity, Charge, check. All of those things were basic stuff for a DPS player, along with LA or HA. But Pinball wasn't one to wear armor, and when Zandra asked the reason for that, Pinball visibly turned squeamish. He didn't want to answer, and he changed the subject immediately. 

"Stealth!" he cried, slamming his fist into his palm. He hadn't thought of that! Pinball could imagine himself now: zipping from shadow to shadow, unleashing a heavy barrage of spear strikes before vanishing again. Pinball grinned at his own imagination. That'd be cool! But his smile quickly started to fade. He was thinking about fighting again. Why did he get so excited about it? Why did it bother him so much in the first place? 

Why? 

"Stealth would be really cool to try out," he nodded. "I think... I think I wanna do that." He squinted. "Or try it, at least.

• 2 weeks later...

Zandra shoke her head as Hestia asked if the kill was why she thought people thinked bad about herself. ‘’No Hestia. This death happened a long time earlier then my reputation crashed. This death, is something I have only told one or maybe two other players. I have been ashamed since it was kind of pathetic. But I guess its more pathetic to just ignore it. It wouldn’t be fair to the player that died without anyone knowing why. We was in a combat against a hard opponent. I tanked for him to get some practice. Because of stuff he said I disengaged, leaving him one on one with the wolf. And he was defeated before the wolf.’’ She let out a sigh and looked at the floor. ‘’But, the past is the past. No need to get to stuck in thoughts about it. Just need to live in the moment and push forward.’’ She looked at Pinball. ‘’Pinball. Am I scary?’’

I nod my head as i listen to Zandra and frown slightly hearing the way that she had led to somebody's death since it is rather low for somebody to do that type of thing, or at the very least depending on what level it is a despicable thing to do. If you want to talk more about this Zandra i do have some questions, but if you'd rather save it for a later date that makes sense as well since we are kinda almost near the end of this whole dungeon thing. I say towards her with a small shrug of m shoulders unable to help my curiosity, but also recognizing that this is a rather dangerous location to try and talk idly about issues that could be thought up of. My gaze refocusing once more back towards what could lead us deeper into the dungeon as i hold onto sword and shield ready to fight whatever could be ahead via supporting my allies or aiding in the actual damage part of the fight. My familiar at my side flying on ahead for a small distance like a scouting hound.

(energy for all of us completely back to full.)

(alright boys im boutta head out lets mess up the damn boss) 

He wasn't surprised that they didn't really care about the plans for his build. It was whatever, though. He wasn't searching for validation; it was just nice that he had gotten a chance to think about the future. He wasn't all that bright, he knew, but  he could still think for himself - it was just pretty cool to have others to bounce ideas off of. What did surprise him, though was when Zandra looked to him and asked him if she was scary. He had kind of zoned out for a minute, so he didn't really get the context. Something about being friends with a killer?

He took a second to process his reply. "Uh, scary?" He shook his head. "I don't think you're scary, per se." Pinball was sitting down, so he grabbed his legs and kind of swayed from side to side as he spoke. "You're kind of nice. I'm just kind of, uh, shy around people at first. Most frontliners have this air of superiority that they..." Pinball thought for a second. "Exude. You're no different." He hesitated, then used his spear to help him stand up. "But I think if people maybe got the time to know you they... maybe they'd forgive you for whatever it is you think you did? I mean... I hope that people are that good, at least...

"I think people are always too quick to judge, though - and, they uh, like... everyone loves to forget the good just so they can see the bad. But that's their fault. You can't blame yourself for that crap. Maybe the trick is to just - not care what people think?

With a shrug, he nodded to Hestia. His energy was back to full, and judging by their faces the same went for his party. It was time to get going. They had one more boss to fight, and then Pinball could get out of this place. Out of the cave, more specifically. He wasn't a fan of the almost suffocatingly stagnant air, and of the cramped, dark cave. Sure, there was artificial light produced by sprouts of weird crystals and mushrooms, but Pinball much preferred the lush green forests and lazy rivers of the 8th Floor. 

"Let's hurry up and get this over with!

Zandra first looked at Hestia. "Im willing to answer all your questions Hestia. But not now. We have something else we need to take care of first." Then she looked at Pinball. Her eyes widened a bit as she looked at the warrior. He said more to her now then everything total from the dungeoneering. "Why I asked was because you habe barely talked to me today. Always turning to Hestia or ignoring me totally." she herd how he said they. "I had hoped to get to know you from this. But all Ive got to know is that you dont want that. I just hope you..." she got interrupted as they entered another big hall.
This time the hall was empty. No miners. Though it was much more well decorated then the previous ones. At the opposite side there was a migthy throne. And there sat a dwarf. The dwarf rose and started walking towards them with a bog two handed axe. At first they only saw the siluette, but when the light shine from behind faded out. They saw their opponent. "I see you have taken out my guards. Guess that was expected. They was only trash anyway. Now, show me the strength to defeated them. I, Ulrika, the dwarf queen, will be your opponent."
Zandra looked at Hestia. "Go do your thing Hestia!" she said with a smirk. "show the dwarf who is the real queen of Aincrad!"

Spoiler

redwynn.thumb.jpg.fe8257ff0195cda747c6722e86c01d2c.jpg

Edited by Zandra

I nod my head in understand towards Zandra as i can understand entirely towards her willing to answer the questions at a later date since we are within the middle of the dungeon which doesn't leave much room for talking between the resting and fighting deeper into the dungeon. When getting into the boss room i hold onto my blade and shield as i look towards the captain of this dungeon as i just smile towards the queen and steps forward with my lion at my side as Kuro just lets out a constant low growl. Looking towards her i slam the pommel of my sword against my shield as a reverberating clang is heard that sounds like the trumpets of a entire army as focused howl activates. Don't need to tell me twice Zandra. I say towards the woman with the biggest grin across my face as i than glance towards the dwarven queen and slams my sword once more. Come here and face me you dwarven queen! Come and give me your best shot if you think you can even break through my armor and make me bend a knee to you! I shout towards her with a smirk across my face as the queen seemingly takes me up on that offer and charges towards me for an attack. I see the woman at me with her weapon as i raise my shield to block the hit and manage to block it only to proceeding get pushed back by the pure power of the attack and slam into both of my teammates. I try to get some kind of word out to say sorry only to find my model stuck and unable to move. Mmk..stunned. I say with a bit of difficulty. As i just look towards the dwarven queen who has a arrogant smirk across her face as she remains totally unscratched from her attacking me meaning that had to have been one of her higher damage outputs.

#113026 MD:9  CD: 9    462-171= 291DMG STUNS    231-98= 133

Action: Focused Howl  

[H:5]  Hestia : HP: 1214/1705  Energy: 146/154 DMG:16   MIT:171  Thorns: 84  Eva: -1  BH: 79 Heavy Momentum: 2 (+6DMG) Rec: CD:6+ (+6 ENG) [STUNNED]
[H:0]  @Pinball: 784/1015 HP | 96/96 EN | 20 DMG | 5 ACC | 5 EVA 
[H:0]  Zandra: 1,452/1,585(154/154) DMG: 22 ACC: 6 MIT: 98 BRN: 36 (8-10/2 turns) FALLEN: 12 BRN-THRN: 30

Dwarven Queen: 2100/2100 DMG: 525 MIT:147  ACC: 3  EVA: 3

As the party approached the next fight, Pinball felt this kind of... pressure weighing him down. This path gave off heavy Final Destination vibes, and he didn't like it one bit. They entered what appeared to be some kind of throne room, carved purely out of the cave's natural rocks, crystals, and minerals, giving it some type of weird, rough and tumble look. Sat on the throne with a large hammer placed casually to one side, and an overflowing chest of gold and jewels on the other, was a stout, blonde - bearded? - woman. She glowered as the players approached, and then snorted, slowly pushing herself from her seat with a slight smirk. A muscular fist gripped the handle of her warhammer as she stood, and just like that it was obvious who the leader of this legion of Dwarves was. 

Hestia rushed forward, bellowing her challenge, and the Dwarven Queen rushed forward to meet her. Unfortunately for Hestia's party members (and more specifically, Pinball), the sheer force of the blow sent Hestia rocketing back to meet them. Pinball got a mouthful of metal and a ringing headache, but he managed to push off of Hestia's now paralyzed avatar without falling flat. He gave his spear a twirl, and rushed forward, using Hestia's armored shoulder as a boost. "Help soon!" was all the teenager managed to shout before he, too, joined the fight. 

Pinball didn't know whether he was just quick or if he had caught the Dwarven Queen by surprise. But time seemed to slow as he darted forward, spear thrust forward in a gnarly slash. He remembered the Dwarven Queen's expression twisting into one of shock, and he remembered grinning just before his spear carved a gash through her armor and across the side of her stomach. And that was only the beginning. Pinball unleashed a merciless barrage of spear strikes against the Dwarf, cutting through her armor like butter as ice crept up her legs and arms. He used her armored chest as a footstool to push himself back and away, leaving the woman stunned and probably confused as to how someone as thin and scaredy looking as Pinball had been that quick to act. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Action: Sword Art - [Dimension Stampede] [-14 EN] / Charge! +5 DMG and Bull Rush! 
Dwarven Queen: ID#113033 BD: 9 (Crit +1) [FRZ] [PHASE] ~ 20+5+1= 26*15= 390-73= 317 DMG + FREEZE + STUN 

Dwarven Queen: 1783/2100 HP | 525 DMG | 147 MIT | 3 ACC | 3 EVA [FROZEN] [STUNNED]

[H:5]  Hestia : HP: 1214/1705  Energy: 146/154 DMG:16   MIT:171  Thorns: 84  Eva: -1  BH: 79 Heavy Momentum: 2 (+6DMG) Rec: CD:6+ (+6 ENG) [STUNNED]
[H:2]  Pinball: 784/1015 HP | 82/96 EN | 20 DMG | 5 ACC | 5 EVA 
[H:0]  Zandra: 1,452/1,585(154/154) DMG: 22 ACC: 6 MIT: 98 BRN: 36 (8-10/2 turns) FALLEN: 12 BRN-THRN: 30

Edited by Pinball

Zandra didn’t expected less from Hestia as she replied with that Zandra didn’t had to tell her twice. A smile on the axewomans face when their sturdy tank pulled the agro on herself. But this was the final boss in the hardest dungeon that was available to the players of Aincrad at the moment. This was an opponent they should not underestimate. The queen wasn’t slow to react to Hestias howl. The big axe cleaved thru the whole party, dealing damage to all of them, and leaving Hestia unable to do anything whiel under the STUN status effect. ‘’Damnit.’’ She cursed quietly to herself. The power behind the axe’s attack had pushed her back several feet. She glanced at the healthbars while keeping focus on the boss. She started charging up the charge skill. ‘’Hestia, I don’t think you need any healing or purifying just yet so will focus attack. I doubt it will be needed, but if worse comes to worse, Im ready to switch, just let me know.’’ She felt her charge was ready so started with the sword art. ‘’Pinball, you okay?’’ he had taken big hit from the boss, lost quite a big part of his bar.

As Zandra saw Pinballs attack, she though that she didn’t wanted to meet him in a pvp match. If she did, she would probably be frozen half of the fight. And with that she exploded forward. Her axe did the talking as it leaved red markings on the queen. A black smoke flowed into her from the axe as well as flames that set her ablaze. ‘’Ive herd the girl on fire, but not the queen on fire.’’ She let out as the ice shattered.

Spoiler

ID: 113134 BD: 8+6-3=11 Hit! Fallen triggered! Burn triggered! 22+5+12=39x14=546-147=399 dmg +36 burn (2/2) +24 freeze damage +STUN

Energy: -14-2=-16

Dwarven Queen: 1560/2100 HP | 525 DMG | 147 MIT | 3 ACC | 3 EVA [STUNNED] [BURN 36(2/2)]

[H:5]  Hestia : HP: 1214/1705  Energy: 146/154 DMG:16   MIT:171  Thorns: 84  Eva: -1  BH: 79 Heavy Momentum: 2 (+6DMG) Rec: CD:6+ (+6 ENG) [STUNNED]
[H:2]  Pinball: 784/1015 HP | 82/96 EN | 20 DMG | 5 ACC | 5 EVA 
[H:1]  Zandra: 1,452/1,585(138/154) DMG: 22 ACC: 6 MIT: 98 BRN: 36 (8-10/2 turns) FALLEN: 12 BRN-THRN: 30

Edited by Zandra

I force myself to my feet once more as i take some calming breathes as i than gain a grin across my face as i look towards the dwarven queen who has some flames curling around her form as i chuckle a bit at this. Well if i wanted to make a really bad joke this would truly be the best song of ice and fire that could happen. Be careful queen they do like to say winter is coming. I say towards her as i just smile in my own amusement at saying such words as i look towards Pinball and winces in sympathy for him since he did lost a good amount of health. 'But he can take a few hits and still remain standing.' I think to myself calmly as i than glance towards the queen and just nod my head finding confidence in my decision. Since in theory the trio of players can kill this boss faster than it can kill them if both Pinball and Zandra land each hit.

#113141 CD:5 (no energy proc)

Dwarven Queen: 1524/2100 HP | 525 DMG | 147 MIT | 3 ACC | 3 EVA  [BURN 36(1/2)]

[H:5]  Hestia : HP: 1294/1705  Energy: 147/154 DMG:16   MIT:171  Thorns: 84  Eva: -1  BH: 79 Heavy Momentum: 2 (+6DMG) Rec: CD:6+ (+6 ENG)
[H:2]  @Pinball: 784/1015 HP | 82/96 EN | 20 DMG | 5 ACC | 5 EVA 
[H:1]  Zandra: 1,452/1,585(138/154) DMG: 22 ACC: 6 MIT: 98 BRN: 36 (8-10/2 turns) FALLEN: 12 BRN-THRN: 30

Hestia was kind of out of commission, huh? But Zandra came next, a fiery axe swinging through the air and shattering Pinball's ice, setting the edges of the Dwarven Queen's hair and armor ablaze. She was burned, now, and she was taking damage. But Pinball's stun hadn't faded, and now he got to, again, take advantage of it. Or try to, at least. After Zandra's attack, she pushed herself to her feet, shaking off the temporary immobility like it was nothing. The monster's health bar was still in the green, and that was bad news for Pinball. If he had only dealt so little damage to her with his Charge, he was loathe to imagine the shreds of health he'd be slowly ripping off piece by tiny piece for the rest of the fight. Grumbling inwardly but readying his spear with a twirl nevertheless, Pinball let loose with another attack. 

His spear stabbed and slashed, but the trouble he was having now was pretty obvious. He was still dealing damage, he knew, but he wasn't comfortable with and he wasn't used to dealing this little. Pinball grimaced, throwing himself a ways away, trying his best to take a defensive stance in light of this unpleasant realization. "Counting on you guys," he sighed, a wave of dread crashing over him. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Action Taken: Sword Art - [Dimension Stampede] [-14 EN/+1 EN] 
Dwarven Queen: ID#113142 BD: 6+2= 8 (Hit!) ~ 20*15= 300-147= 153 DMG 

Dwarven Queen: 1371/2100 HP | 525 DMG | 147 MIT | 3 ACC | 3 EVA  [BURN 36(1/2)]

[H:5]  Hestia : HP: 1294/1705  Energy: 147/154 DMG:16   MIT:171  Thorns: 84  Eva: -1  BH: 79 Heavy Momentum: 2 (+6DMG) Rec: CD:6+ (+6 ENG) [STUNNED]
[H:3]  Pinball: 784/1015 HP | 69 (nice)/96 EN | 20 DMG | 5 ACC | 5 EVA 

Edited by Pinball

Zandra saw the Hestia being unable to do anything for a bit. Though it probably would have been better if she did something. Instead she let out a few words that better would have stayed inside her. Zandra just stared at her with an empty look. ‘’Really?’’ was all she said before turning her focus back to their opponent. She couldn’t be bothered with bad jokes now. They had to bring down this superior warrior before she took down one of us. Since after seeing Pinballs health drop so fastm that wasn’t an impossibility. Zandra and Hestia would be able to heal him yes, but that would mean lower damage output and energy not spent on damage. They really needed to bring her down as fast as they could. Zandra charged up her most powerful sword art, again. A few seconds later she released it on the queen. Once again, black smoke that surrounded the axe flowed into the boss as well as adding more flames to her already burning body. ‘’But if I should follow that up Hestia.’’ Zandra said and looked the boss in the eyes. ‘’You look pretty hot to me.’’

Spoiler

ID: 113258 BD: 8+6-3=11 Hit! Fallen triggered! Burn triggered! 22+12=34x14=476-147=329 dmg +36 burn (2/2)

Energy: -14-2+1=-15

Dwarven Queen: 1042/2100 HP | 525 DMG | 147 MIT | 3 ACC | 3 EVA  [BURN 36(2/2)]

[H:5]  Hestia : HP: 1294/1705  Energy: 147/154 DMG:16   MIT:171  Thorns: 84  Eva: -1  BH: 79 Heavy Momentum: 2 (+6DMG) Rec: CD:6+ (+6 ENG) [STUNNED]
[H:3]  Pinball: 784/1015 HP | 69 (nice)/96 EN | 20 DMG | 5 ACC | 5 EVA 
[H:2]  Zandra: 1,452/1,585(123/154) DMG: 22 ACC: 6 MIT: 98 BRN: 36 (8-10/2 turns) FALLEN: 12 BRN-THRN: 30

Edited by Zandra

I chuckle a bit at Zandra's response as i just look towards her with a grin across my face and a nod of my head. yes really. Come on it's just having some harmless fun, and the only one who is in danger is me if anything. Which we both know that i won't die until i am ready to die and that isn't now or ever while i'm within this game. i say towards Zandra confidently as my hp recovers some more as i go through my options quickly and than just nod and puts my hand on Pinball's shoulder activating energize before walking towards the dwarven queen who quickly charges towards me once more. Knowing better this time to keep my comments to myself since last time i talked i got smacked rather hard for it and by proxy Pinball. However, it seems like the queen has something against the idea of being frozen and taunted at from the first moment of the fight as i once more get brought down by another stun and her weapon even slamming into pinball and seemingly stunning him as well. Though Zandra once more not being affected. 'Well than...guess i'll be using a field medic next time i can actually move. Maybe this is the game telling me my jokes are bad' I think to myself.'

#113260 MD:10  CD:6 +7 total energy back to me.  -3 total

504-171=334 DMG to Hestia[Stunned]    252-98=154DMG

Dwarven Queen: 1006/2100 HP | 525 DMG | 147 MIT | 3 ACC | 3 EVA  [BURN 36(1/2)]

[H:5]  Hestia : HP: 1040/1705  Energy: 144/154 DMG:16   MIT:171  Thorns: 84  Eva: -1  BH: 79 Heavy Momentum: 2 (+6DMG) Rec: CD:6+ (+6 ENG) [STUNNED]
[H:3]  Pinball: 532/1015 HP | 77/96 EN | 20 DMG | 5 ACC | 5 EVA [Stunned]
[H:2]  Zandra: 1,585/1,585(123/154) DMG: 22 ACC: 6 MIT: 98 BRN: 36 (8-10/2 turns) FALLEN: 12 BRN-THRN: 30

Well, Hestia, that was a loud of crap, wasn't it! 

Pinball remembered backing off, letting Zandra attack before he scurried behind the cover of Hestia. She still had lower health, but she had always been very much sturdier than the unarmored boy. Hestia strode forward, reassuring her party that she's fine, and that she can take more of a beating than what the Dwarven Queen was dishing out. And Hestia got knocked flying. Into Pinball, sending him to the ground as a plate of armor knocked him flat upside the head. His vision blurred for a moment, and he found himself unable to move. "God... damn it," he grumbled, albeit it with a bit of difficulty. "Only one in danger is you, huh? Watch where you're sent sprawling, you turd..." Pinball eyed his yellow healthbar a bit nervously, and tried to push himself to his feet. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Action Taken: [STUNNED]

Dwarven Queen: 1006/2100 HP | 525 DMG | 147 MIT | 3 ACC | 3 EVA  [BURN 36(1/2)]

[H:5]  Hestia : HP: 1040/1705  Energy: 144/154 DMG:16   MIT:171  Thorns: 84  Eva: -1  BH: 79 Heavy Momentum: 2 (+6DMG) Rec: CD:6+ (+6 ENG) [STUNNED]
[H:3]  Pinball: 532/1015 HP | 78/96 EN | 20 DMG | 5 ACC | 5 EVA [Stunned]
[H:2]  Zandra: 1,585/1,585(123/154) DMG: 22 ACC: 6 MIT: 98 BRN: 36 (8-10/2 turns) FALLEN: 12 BRN-THRN: 30

Zandra prepared to strike at the queen once more, she was at half health, this should be fine. Though the bad news that was the case with Pinball as well. What did this boss like so much about stunning and hitting the other players in the party. There was a tank that wanted to get hit. Just ignore the ones trying to kill ya already. ‘’What Hest? Only one in danger is you? What about the queen infront of us? She down to half and me and Pinball don’t plan on stop reducing that number.’’ And with that she raised her axe and activated the sword art. The head of the flew in a wide circle and cleaved thru the queen. Or that was her plan. Though all it striked was the air infront off her. Zandra looked at the female boss. ‘’Hehe, now when I see you up close you look really pretty.’’

Spoiler

ID: 113262 BD: 1 Miss!

-2+1=-1 energy

[H:3]  Pinball: 532/1015 HP | 78/96 EN | 20 DMG | 5 ACC | 5 EVA [Stunned]
[H:2]  Zandra: 1,585/1,585(122/154) DMG: 22 ACC: 6 MIT: 98 BRN: 36 (8-10/2 turns) FALLEN: 12 BRN-THRN: 30

Edited by Zandra

I look towards the queen as she once more moves forward and manages to land an attack on all of us while we are down, but thankfully this time the game didn't decide that was enough to stun us all once more into oblivion as i slowly get back up towards my feet as shaky as the attempt actually is. 'Just my luck. Just tough it out Hest, and focus your effort on keeping Pinball alive now. Energize can simply wait for as long as needed.' Once upon my feet i just put on a face of confidence as i look towards my allies and gives a quick nod. Don't back down now! Continue the attack and we'll survive just fine! I can use field medic to get us all back to tip top shape, and than after we can deal with as need be. We're close to the goal, so don't lose sight of it! I call over towards them as i look towards the queen and really wish we could stun her, but according to how long the fight's been going on that isn't a option.

#113274 MD:9    CD:11 462-171= 291DMG    231-98= 133

Dwarven Queen: 970/2100 HP | 525 DMG | 147 MIT | 3 ACC | 3 EVA   [stun CD 2/3]

[H:5]  Hestia : HP: 829/1705  Energy: 152/154 DMG:16   MIT:171  Thorns: 84  Eva: -1  BH: 79 Heavy Momentum: 2 (+6DMG) Rec: CD:6+ (+6 ENG)
[H:3]  Pinball: 301/1015 HP | 78/96 EN | 20 DMG | 5 ACC | 5 EVA 
[H:2]  Zandra: 1,165/1,585(123/154) DMG: 22 ACC: 6 MIT: 98 BRN: 36 (8-10/2 turns) FALLEN: 12 BRN-THRN: 30

In light of her triumphant attack, the Dwarven Queen sauntered over to each one of the stunned players, bringing her hammer down on Pinball and his party's stomachs in succession. Then she was sparring with Zandra. Pinball forced himself to his feet, using his spear as support. "God... damn... it." His health was at an all time low. He was in the red now, and Pinball's heart was racing in his chest. He hadn't been red since King Croaksworth. Sure, he had had some close calls here and there, but was this it..? 

Pinball forced a weak smile. Well, this is how it's going down. Hestia called out for Pinball to continue his attack, and so he did, throwing himself forward with a short, strangled scream. As soon as Zandra's attack let up, Pinball's struck, his spear sending the Dwarven Queen's armor shrieking as she stumbled backwards, trying to defend herself with her hammer. Eventually she caught his spear against the grip of her weapon, but the damage was done. Pinball threw himself back, and let his head whirl to meet Hestia's face expectantly. 

I'm trusting you. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Action Taken: Sword Art - [Dimension Stampede] [-14 EN] 
Dwarven Queen: ID#113275 BD: 5+2= 7 (Hit!) ~ 20*15= 300-147= 153 DMG 

Dwarven Queen: 817/2100 HP | 525 DMG | 147 MIT | 3 ACC | 3 EVA   [stun CD 2/3]

[H:5]  Hestia : HP: 829/1705  Energy: 152/154 DMG:16   MIT:171  Thorns: 84  Eva: -1  BH: 79 Heavy Momentum: 2 (+6DMG) Rec: CD:6+ (+6 ENG) 
[H:4]  Pinball: 301/1015 HP | 64/96 EN | 20 DMG | 5 ACC | 5 EVA 
[H:2]  Zandra: 1,165/1,585(123/154) DMG: 22 ACC: 6 MIT: 98 BRN: 36 (8-10/2 turns) FALLEN: 12 BRN-THRN: 30

Edited by Pinball

The male dps in the party had been stunned for a turn. But he had quickly shaken it off and continued his attack on the boss. Looked like not even being close to death would stop his determination to bring the enemy down. Even if he would fall as well. Zandra glanced at her own healthbar, she was a long way from being in the danger zone. But on the other hand, she had mitigation, which the boy didn’t seemed to like. She hadn’t relly got any real answer for why he didn’t. That was for another time to discus though. She couldn’t stop now when he was figting with such determination. So she consentrated on her opponent. ‘’Wonder if anyone will trust me like that one day as well.’’ She said to herself before she delivered the attack. It was weaker then before as well as not putting the enemy on fire. She saw the flame wasn’t longer there.

Spoiler

ID: 113280 BD: 2+6-3+1=6 Hit! 22x14=308-147=161 dmg

Energy: -14-2+1=-15

Dwarven Queen: 656/2100 HP | 525 DMG | 147 MIT | 3 ACC | 3 EVA   [stun CD 2/3]

[H:4]  Pinball: 301/1015 HP | 64/96 EN | 20 DMG | 5 ACC | 5 EVA 
[H:3]  Zandra: 1,165/1,585(108/154) DMG: 22 ACC: 6 MIT: 98 BRN: 36 (8-10/2 turns) FALLEN: 12 BRN-THRN: 30

Edited by Zandra

Looking towards Pin i smile rather happily that he put his trust into me to attack the boss as i look towards her as the two attacks land against the queen from both Pinball and Zandra. I look towards the queen as she rushes towards me as i just raise my shield and preapre for the attack again as my mind repeats rather swiftly to all the danger zones that could happen as the most prominent things that goes through my mind. 'If she stuns all of us again, and striikes us all again. Pinball could die. Because of my over-confidence.' I than feel the weight of her weapon slam into my shield as a fight or flight activates as i quickly mover her weapon away making sure the momentum doesn't carry forward this time as pure anger flashes across my face for a brief moment. My familiar being quick to slam into the woman to make her back off this time as i just nod towards him gratefully in helping me out. Zandra, Pin! Keep up the attack we're close to the end goal!

Action: Field medic [21 ENG used]

#113462 MD:2+4=6 525-171= 354  Thorns:84  CD:3

Dwarven Queen: 572/2100 HP | 525 DMG | 147 MIT | 3 ACC | 3 EVA   [stun CD 2/3]

[H:5]  Hestia : HP: 816/1705  Energy: 132/154 DMG:16   MIT:171  Thorns: 84  Eva: -1  BH: 79 Heavy Momentum: 2 (+6DMG) Rec: CD:6+ (+6 ENG) 
[H:4]  Pinball: 504/1015 HP | 64/96 EN | 20 DMG | 5 ACC | 5 EVA 
[H:3]  Zandra: 1,482/1,585(108/154) DMG: 22 ACC: 6 MIT: 98 BRN: 36 (8-10/2 turns) FALLEN: 12 BRN-THRN: 30

((Since this thread is so damn old by now, I forgot that I was Safeguarded. I added the health Pinball lost from the monster's first attack back))  

The monster attacked once more, hitting Hestia's shield with a blow that rang sharp and clear through the cavern. Hestia healed the party, and Pinball watched as his health jumped back up again. He could take a few more hits now, he knew. But hopefully he wouldn't need to. How long could this thing last? Pinball grinned, another rush of adrenaline getting him excited. They were about to find out. Pinball let Cardinal carry him forward, his spear glowing bright with color as he attacked the Dwarven Queen once more. They could do this! Once again Pinball's spear struck a now worried Dwarven Queen's armor. It sliced across battered steel, shrieking as ice began to grow along the metal plates but then subsided. Pinball let himself fall backward, standing away from Hestia. He didn't want to get knocked on his ass like that again. He watched the others now, his attention shifting instead to his party. It didn't look like they were having as much trouble as he had been. That was good. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Action Taken: Sword Art - [Dimension Stampede] [-14 EN/+1 EN] 
Dwarven Queen: ID#113466 BD: 6+2= 8 (Hit!) ~ 20*15= 300-147= 153 DMG 

Dwarven Queen: 419/2100 HP | 525 DMG | 147 MIT | 3 ACC | 3 EVA   [stun CD 2/3]

[H:5]  Hestia : HP: 816/1705  Energy: 132/154 DMG:16   MIT:171  Thorns: 84  Eva: -1  BH: 79 Heavy Momentum: 2 (+6DMG) Rec: CD:6+ (+6 ENG) 
[H:5]  Pinball: 735/1015 HP | 51/96 EN | 20 DMG | 5 ACC | 5 EVA 
[H:3]  Zandra: 1,482/1,585(108/154) DMG: 22 ACC: 6 MIT: 98 BRN: 36 (8-10/2 turns) FALLEN: 12 BRN-THRN: 30

Edited by Pinball