A test of might <<Dustin vs Jinx>>

Dustin lies on the ground as his health bar drains. He couldn’t move so this was pretty much a guaranteed loss, and he knew it was coming. He closed his eyes. When suddenly he felt another attack land and the paralysis repleted itself. Oh well that’s just great. Now I’m pretty much done. “That was unfortunate.” He struggles to say through the paralysis, making the words come out like someone who had just Woken up and was already too tired to move. What could he do? He can’t heal, that would be a waste of health potions, plus, he wasn’t sure if he could. Also that would be rude. This wasn’t like any anime, where someone could just will themselves out of a paralysis. This was real life. Well, not really but why split hairs? Hewas watching the sky, waiting for the end of the duel and just smiling. He closes his eyes, and says to the girl. “From here, the sky looks beautiful. And also, I can see up your nose.” He chuckles and looks back to the blue between the clouds. The world was just moving on as he was there in that stupid courtyard, the battle healing fighting as hard as it can to keep him in the fight. 

166 - 12 = 154 HP

@Dustin: HP- 154/280 | EN- 22/28 | DMG- 6 | MIT- 23 | ACC- 1 | EVA- 1 | THRN- 9 | BH- 1%  <Bleed>

@JinxHP 287/300 | EN 30/30 | 47 MIT | 2 THRNS <18dmg> | 1 RGN <5Hp> | 2 Para <8-10> | 1 BLD <9-10, 12DMG>

Edited by Dustin

Jinx kept her single visible eye onto the boy on the ground. He had wanted a fight, and despite the fear in her chest that was making her heart pound so loudly she could hear it in her ears. Dustin wouldn't die when she won, he'd get up and...hopefully he liked her after this. He called her his favourite, however, was that really the truth? She took aim with her Rapier, she could end this duel right here, right now...All she needed to do was land this last attack, and her promise would be kept...

She raised her rapier, right as the boy said he could see up...!? Alisea was, in those moments, completely and utterly flustered. The Rapier completely missed its target, jamming itself into the ground as the girl took a step back, and had her shield half-raised. "You...you could, w-wait what...i..." Alisea felt a shiver run through her body...She took a deep breath and looked as Dustin would start to stand up "T-that was...i mean, i...didn't expect that...c-comment"

ID: 111376    BD: 3 <Miss>

@Dustin: HP- 154/280 | EN- 22/28 | DMG- 6 | MIT- 23 | ACC- 1 | EVA- 1 | THRN- 9 | BH- 1%  <Bleed>

@JinxHP 287/300 | EN 30/30 | 47 MIT | 2 THRNS <18dmg> | 1 RGN <5Hp> | 2 Para <8-10> | 1 BLD <9-10, 12DMG>

Dustin’s HP drops just shy of half and he smiles. His legs crawl under him as he pushes himself up to a standing position. Figures I’d Lose a fight to a tank. He pulls up his sword and slashes a regular attack, but the blade falls short. Well, I’ll be damned, I guess I’m gonna lose by a landslide. He keeps the smile on his face as he waits for an attack from his opponent. Nothing I can do but lose right? No matter how this goes down I lose, so why not keep fighting? But then again, most people would ask why I keep fighting, to which I would say, what’s the point if you’re just gonna lay down and lose, it’s not about who wins or loses, it’s about the fight, the thrill of the hunt. “So, I guess that means I can read your mind now, everyone knows that’s how that works.” He makes a “you know I’m right” face at the girl as he nods. “Nothing you can do that I won’t see.” Even if I could, wouldn’t Make much of a difference anyhow. I guess she wins and should be congratulated. “So by now I’m sure you know what this fight was for. But what you don’t know is what else it was used for. See, now I know you’re strong, and that you can use a rapier. You know I can take a beating, and that I’m what some would call reckless. The thing about fighting though, is that it’s a dance. And in order to have the best flow during a dance, each must know the other. Our fighting won’t be perfect by any means, but it’ll be better than before.” His words start to fall out. This unorthodox approach to better teamwork was used by Dustin’s father when teaching him how to fight alongside his much younger brother. Dustin rarely lost these bouts so this was new to him. “Think if it as a team building exercise.” He smiles, awaiting the inevitable.

ID: 111645

BD: 2

basic attack misses

156 - 12 = 144 HP

@Dustin: HP- 144/280 | EN- 21/28 | DMG- 6 | MIT- 23 | ACC- 1 | EVA- 1 | THRN- 9 | BH- 1%  <Bleed>

Edited by Dustin

Dustin managed to drag himself up and took a swing, but somehow, the blade failed to connect with even her outstretched shield. Had Dustin, given up in this fight? After all, the boy hadn't given her any indication that he was pull out of the fight at the last moment, yet his last few attacks had been lackluster by his standards. She was about to ask if he had stopped fighting, when the boy started to explain himself. And Jinx couldn't believe it. So much, all from a single fight? Was that even possible? Some of it made sense, trust, to know the power of another...but...there was much she didn't know about combat, she let the system control her fighting.

"Team building....I suppose, if nothing else...I trust you more than i did before" The girl said softly, before raising her Rapier at him "And, if you are like how i think...The only way i can honour your kindness, is not to hold back" Thrusting her Rapier forwards, the blade slammed right into the boys shield and she felt a pang of pain echo through her body! Thorns...sucked! "A-and now...Hold nothing back...I can take it" Raising her shield up and high, and braced herself. If Dustin wanted to go out, he'd take his strongest punch at her right now! 

ID: 111712   BD: 5 <Hit> 

@Dustin: HP- 143/280 | EN- 21/28 | DMG- 6 | MIT- 23 | ACC- 1 | EVA- 1 | THRN- 9 | BH- 1%  <Bleed>

@JinxHP 254/300 | EN 30/30 | 47 MIT | 2 THRNS <18dmg> | 1 RGN <5Hp> | 2 Para <8-10> | 1 BLD <9-10, 12DMG>

Dustin’s hands shake as he raises his blade and walks towards the girl. Is this how it ends? With me making a stupid decision to just keep fighting? I owe it to her to not stop, but it’s a guaranteed loss anyways. His eyes survey the area around him, they had drawn a crowd and Dustin hadn’t noticed. This dance of theirs was keeping him so fixated on the girl that the world around him could’ve change and he never would’ve noticed. I guess this fight was a disappointment to the people, but who cares? It wasn’t for them. “Not much longer.” He says to himself, as he swings his blade through the air in front of him and he launches back away from the girl. Dang, guess I missed. Well, I guess the next hit will be the last. He smiles at the crowd around them, not many people but they’re definitely watching. Wondering if they knew it was pretty much over. Maybe that’s why they look so disinterested, or maybe we’re just not being flashy enough. “Make your next attack flashier, let’s at least try to give them a show.” He smiles and tilts his head towards the crowd around them, his HP climbing up just a little bit.

Spoiler

ID: 111972

BD: 4 + 1 = 5

miss

@Dustin: HP- 147/280 | EN- 20/28 | DMG- 6 | MIT- 23 | ACC- 1 | EVA- 1 | THRN- 9 | BH- 1%  <Bleed>

@JinxHP 254/300 | EN 30/30 | 47 MIT | 2 THRNS <18dmg> | 1 RGN <5Hp> | 2 Para <8-10> | 1 BLD <9-10, 12DMG>

Edited by Dustin

Alisea Dariem, unlike her opponent, had not noticed the crown surrounding her. With access to a single eye, with the amount on sensory information reduced as it always is, her focus was on the boy in front of her. Her..opponent. that was what he was right now. He had wanted the fight, and, despite it all, was...well. For someone so dedicated to a craft, he seemed to struggle more than she would have been expecting. 

Keeping her shield raised as the boy charged in, she was surprised his blow didn't connect against her shield and he moved backwards, almost afraid of her follow up attack. She let out a slow breath, calming herself before she charged forwards, leading with her shield. If she could stop him from seeing ehr strike, surely it would connect! 

Except by raising her shield, she herself was blinded and couldn't see how close Dustin was until her shield ran into the boy, and while it wouldn't deal any damage, it would force him to take a step back as her Rapier swing missed, but by barely an inch. That's when his words made sense, but she was still blind to the world "Put on a show? I-i thought you said you wanted me to try my best, not..mess around?" The girl asks, confused at what she saw as a shift in the boys attitude. 

Spoiler

ID:  112241

BD: 4 <Miss>

@Dustin: HP- 147/280 | EN- 20/28 | DMG- 6 | MIT- 23 | ACC- 1 | EVA- 1 | THRN- 9 | BH- 1%  <Bleed>

Dustin’s hand tightens around his sword. “It’s doesn’t really matter whether we give them a show or not, what matters is that it ends soon.” His hand comes up with his sword as he looks at her. He knew he was gonna lose, he knew that this fight was pointless from here. But he had to make sure he stuck with it to the end. That was the only way. He couldn’t forfeit, he definitely couldn’t just do the damage to himself, he had to lose to her. His leg moves forward, his body leans in as he makes the final move. He launches in, as fast as he can, and the flat of his blade slams into the girl as he watches her health barely move while his drops into the yellow and the victory sign appears over her head.

Dust flies out as he drops to the ground exhausted and trying to catch his breath. “Congrats, what are you gonna do with the bragging rights? They won’t get you much in the way of street cred, but you might make someone proud for winning in a duel.” His eyes examine her face to see if she’s changes her expression in reaction to the victory, and he looks at the ground. “Well, you have fun. Make sure to tell Stryder when you see him that you can beat me up. I’m going to visit the monument to talk to my brother.” He walks away, stopping and turning around. “The last time I fought another player my brother died, I’m glad this one went a bit differently.” He smiles, sheathing his sword and walking up, holding out his hand for her to shake. “You did good today, I’m proud to call you friend.”

ID: 112275

BD: 6 (Hit)

6 - 47 = 1 DMG

254 - 1 = 253 HP

149 - 18 = 131HP

Dustin: HP- 131/280 | EN- 20/28 | DMG- 6 | MIT- 23 | ACC- 1 | EVA- 1 | THRN- 9 | BH- 1%  <Bleed>

@JinxHP 254/300 | EN 30/30 | 47 MIT | 2 THRNS <18dmg> | 1 RGN <5Hp> | 2 Para <8-10> | 1 BLD <9-10, 12DMG>

DUSTIN LOSES THE DUEL

Edited by Dustin

As she had predicted, and she had been taught, she as a tank would win any war of attrition. Sustain of her healing abilities, her high levels of mitigation. Hestia, a front line player, had told her that a tank was invaluable for the damage they can 'negate', and it seemed this battle was won through that..and the thorns did a huge part as well, given otherwise her attacks dealt 1 damage to her opponent. As for the boys final attack, while it seemed to lack power, at least the boy seemed to accept the truth. This fight was over, but....despite hating fighting, even she had to admit, it felt a lot closer than it was. 

"B-bragging right? I want...nothing to do with bragging Dustin" She frowned at the boy who had fallen onto the ground "You didn't ask me to fight you for pride on the line. You asked me to help you, and...i wanted to help" A fight like this...did pride matter? The girl unequipped her armour and shield, wearing her rather plain clothes before pausing. She knew so little about Dustin...and they were friends.

"...Dustin, am i allowed to join you? I'd like to come with you to talk to your brother..well, i won't talk but...If we're friends, then lets go together...Please"

@Dustin

Dustin’s eyes move to hers as she asks to go to speak to his brother with him. Is it okay? Is that okay? I always thought that was a one person thing, maybe two if it’s with family. But I guess his memory can only live longer if more than I remember him. He smiles politely at her if only for a moment. “I’m betting he’d like that. Be nice to hear more than just my stupid stories.” His eyes fall to his hands fidgeting with eachother as he speaks. “It’ll tell you about him Along the way. I reckon he would’ve liked you. He was that type of person.” He pulls his hood up and starts walking towards the palace which holds the monument. He had lost the battle, the crowd had dispersed, and yet, he still felt like he was having fun. Maybe talking was something that he enjoyed, not something he dreaded, had he been wrong all those years? Was this where he was truly at home? Damn I wish Kadin was here, he would’ve been smiling so brightly now that I’ve found my calling in life with this guild. A smile crosses Dustin’s face.

Summary:

Dustin:

1 SP

200 Col

Jinx:

1 SP

200 Col