{PP-F2} Could Have Been Something <<Let There Be Light>>

Three figures emerged from the enchanted wilderness, entering the Safe Zone of Urbus with weary expressions. In the group was one exceptionally tall girl with a two-handed assault spear thrown across her shoulder. She had a ponytail and a small scar under her left eye. The other two were less imposing. They looked almost like twins: two guys with shaggy black mops of hair, and surprisingly intelligent looking eyes. All of them at this moment, though, looked tired and worried. They would murmur among themselves as they walked, sharing slightly frightened glances with the passerby.
"Hey, hey," one of the twins would say.
"If you're heading to do that once quest where you save the orphan," the other would continue, cut off by the tall girl;
"There's a PKer passed out by the entrance. Face down, but don't let that fool you."
Most passerby would nod, ignore them completely, or respond with something along the lines of "Somebody should do something about that" and be on their way. 
But the three kept walking the city streets, complaining amongst themselves and stopping anybody who would listen. 

@Kirbs

((OOC Note to Self: This thread and everything I do after it, unless stated otherwise, take place after the events of "Thieves and Weirdos"))

Kirbs ears perked as soft muttering entered her line of hearing. PKer? Should I call Enna? I think she’d want to beat some crap out of a PKer right about now. Twisting the ring on her finger, she narrowed her eyes at the group, they could honestly pull off a gang look, seems fishy, she noted, her eyes traveling to the entrance of town. Curiosity killed the cat, but a cat also has nine lives. Yup, that seems alright! She brushed past the group and headed towards the town gate (if there was one I guess). Now where’s the bloody fool passed out? She scanned he area with her hands on her hips, trying to spot out anything that looked human. A messy tassel of black hair entered her peripheral vision. She frowned and cautiously scooted closer to the player. Is he really passed out? She extended her foot and nudged his head lightly with the end of her boot. I guess he is. 

Spoiler

Stats:

LVL: 6

HP: 120

EN: 12

DMG: 3

ACC: 2

EVA: 2

MIT: 0

Paralyze: 1

Perfect: Green  Rare: Blue   Uncommon: Yellow  Vanity: Orange

Equipped:

> Shatterglass: 2 ACC, 1 Paralyze 

Starter's Light Armor: 1 EVA

Rupee Ring: 1 EVA

Items:

> 5 Starter Healing Potions: Heals 50 HP

Skills:

> T2 Dagger Skill

@Pinball

Edited by Kirbs

There was a gentle breeze in the soft, grassy area around the mouth of the cave. The trees swayed gently in the wind, their leaves whispering sweet nothings as they fell to the soft earth. 
The cave was built into what looked like a large hill or a small mountain, but what immediately caught the eye wasn't the miasmic blackness of the cavern, but the lanky boy who lie passed the hell out in front of it. He was face down, a partially rusty sword on the ground just barely out of reach of his open right hand. He wore a long-sleeved black shirt, and black pants. His leather armor and boots were faded, scratched up, and caked with dried mud and dirt. Around his neck there was a necklace, but whether it held some kind of trinket or bauble or if it was just a chain couldn't be immediately ascertained because of the way he was sleeping. Even stranger, still, was the cracked and chipped jar that hung from his belt, containing some kind of swirling mass of inky smoke... but more ominous than that, an orange crystal hovered over his head. 
As Kirbs approached, poking his head with her boot, he didn't really respond much. He shifted slightly, and he seemed to roll his head around to point in the opposite direction, but that was pretty much it. He still slept, and it was obvious he was probably more unconscious than lightly sleeping at this point. 

She huffed in annoyance and nudged his head with her foot again. No response. Bloody Christ, what in the world made this guy pass out? She crackled her knuckles and inhaled. Punch or kick? Ugh, I don’t want my hands to touch him. Kick it is! Exhaling, she’s looked down at the figure one last time. “Last chance, dude. Wake uppp...” she mumbled, nudging his arm one last time. No response. “Alright, whatever suits you, mate.” Reading herself for a kick, she drew her boot back. 

As she launched her foot forwards, a fluttering motion appeared in front of her. Stopping her foot mid way through the kick, she looked up and blinked. “Oh look, a butterfly.” Having absolutely terrible balance, it wasn’t long before the girl lost her balance. Oh crap, fudgenoodles wearing brightly colored lipstick- “Oof!” She landed stiffly on her stomach. Screw you, Universe.

@Pinball

It felt like he had only just fallen asleep when something heavy landed on his back. Immediately he reached for his weapon, but found there was something on top of him that was too heavy for him to move properly. He panicked, not quite knowing what was going on, and threw himself up. Now, he pushed with strength that definitely didn't come purely from his lanky body- but this was a video game, and his in-game strength parameter supplemented his naturally lacking upper-body strength. 
He stood up, taking a step back, glaring at the short girl who had landed on him. Where the hell did she come from? His head whirled around then, taking in his surroundings. He was visibly confused for a moment. How did I get here? He felt the sleep then, tugging at his eyes. He stared at the girl a bit longer, then shook his head, ignoring her. He snatched his sword up off the ground, slid it through a leather hoop attatched to his belt, and walked into the cave without a word. I must have fallen asleep, he lamented, nearly slapping his forehead out of frustration. 

“Ack!” She fell onto the ground and looked up up in frustration. “Oi, what the hell is your problem?” She scrambled up from the ground and brushed off her lap. “Hey, mister! Why do you have to be so bloody rude, huh?” She chases after him and her anger grew more as he kept silent. What a prick. “Why are you passed out anyways? Y’know, when you see a passed out person on the ground, you ought to help them... but considering your situation and all, I don’t think that’s an option,” her eyes flickered up at the orange cursor above his head. “You’re fishy, you know that mister?” Ugh, mister my arse. He looks my age, of not younger. How did this dude kill someone? I mean, he hasn’t done anything yet. I’ll be on my toes... for now. “What crawled up your butt and laid eggs?” She muttered, kicking a rock away wth her foot.

@Pinball

Strangely enough, this was the first time he had been awoken by somebody since... the incident that he didn't immediately attack and run away from. He didn't know what it was, really. Probably her disposition, even thoug she was... talking a lotThe sound of his boots tapping the stone as he walked filled the cave as it descended even further into darkness. When she asked what "crawled up his butt and laid eggs", Pinball stopped. He placed a hand on the pommel of his sword, threw his head back, and glared at the british chick who was following him into god knows where. "Why are you here? I'll kil-" he choked on his words, a painful memory feeling like it was stabbing his mind. He corrected himself. "-I don't want you here. Screw off.

It was then that the cave filled with the flapping of wings. Pinball whirled around, and remembered why he had been here. He had come down to this floor to finish a quest he had never really finished. Let There Be Light! He glanced back at Kirbs, who had been following him through the entire length of the cave. She was here now. "Ahh," he growled, "damn it!" He ran over to stand next to her, pulling out his weapon. "Watch out." He pointed with his sword to the end of the cave, where a pair of glowing eyes could be seen staring at them through the blackness. 

Player Stats: 

Spoiler

Level: 45
Health: 900 | Energy: 90
DMG: 7 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 3

Skills:

Combat skills:
►<<Charge>> [50/50]: Rank 5 - Grandmaster

Weapon skills:
►<<2H Assault Spear>> [50/50]: Rank 5 - Grandmaster
►<<1H Straight Sword>> [5/50]: Rank 1 - Novice

Armor skills:
►N/A

Extra skills:
►<<Familiar Mastery: Fighter>> [18/18]: Rank 3 - Grandmaster
►<<Martial Arts>> [0/50]: N/A
►<<Survival>> ~ Inactive 

Utility Skills:
►<<Fishing>>

Modifiers:
►[Active] <<2H Assault Spear: Ferocity>>: +1 Base DMG
►[Active] <<Bullrush>>
►[Active] <<2H Assault Spear: Finesse>> ~ Rank 3 

Inventory
»[Equipped] [Vanity] Rusty Sword 
»[Equipped] [Perfect] Leather Armor of the Amatuer Duelist: +3 EVA
»[Equipped] [Perfect] Warrior’s Focus: +3 ACC

Battle Ready: 
» [5x] Teleportation Crystal 
» [4x] Greater Curative Potion: +120 HP 
» [3x] Crystallized Healing: +60 HP (Party) 

Action: Giant Bats appear! 

[H: 0/0] Pinball: 900/900 HP | 90/90 EN | 7 DMG | 3 ACC | 3 EVA 
[H: 0/0] Kirbs: ???/??? HP | ??/?? EN | ???

Giant Bat 1: 50/50 HP | 20 DMG
Giant Bat 2: 50/50 HP | 20 DMG 

*Room Effect: All dice rolls receive -1 unless player has <<Night Vision>>

Edited by Pinball

She recoiled backwards a few stepsand frowned again. “You know what, I don’t bloody know why you’re orange but considering you haven’t killed me yet, I call it a bloody achievement!” She huffed, crossing her arms. It’s not easy getting under people’s skin. “But I want intel! Mainly for a good friend of mine, but pretty please? You’re not half as bad as other orange players. Please, please, please, please-“

”Ugh, why bats? Of all quests, you had to choose this one?” She squinted at the large bats and then back at Pinball. She glanced from him and then to his sword, “Nice sword,” she commented with a snigger. Pulling her own dagger out, she looked expectantly at Pinball. When he didn’t do anything, she sighed. “Lady’s first, huh? Fine by me,” she shrugged before running off. She successfully landed a few hits on one bat before she had to back off. “At least it was something...” 

ID: 109310

BD: 7 - 1 = 6, Success

<<Fad Edge>> on Giant Bat #1

3 x 4 = 12 DMG | 50 - 12 = 38 HP

Kirbs: HP: 120/120 | EN: 9/12 | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 1 Paralyze | 3 DMG

Pinball: HP: 900/900 | EN: 90/90 | 7 DMG | 3 ACC | 3 EVA

Giant Bat #1: 30/59 | 20 DMG

Giant Bat #2: 50/59 | 20 DMG

(too lazy to write good stuffs)

@Pinball

Edited by Kirbs

Pinball visibly winced when she brought up the color of his cursor. He felt a brief flash of anger. "Shut up!" He shook it off, though, returning his attention to the monsters flapping around in front of him. "You're up next, after these stupid bats.
He charged forward. It wasn't the first time he had held this weapon - he had gotten used to it fighting for sport back at the old settlement, but he was painfully aware of the difference in skill when he was using this weapon versus when he was using his old spear. But I told myself I wouldn't use it again. Pinball's eyebrows furrowed as he slashed one of the bats - the one the girl had hit - across the chest. It shrieked, sprawling across the floor helplessly. The other bat flew at him, trying to claw at his face, but he brought his sword up in an arc, and cut it down while it flew. That bat, hit the ground too. He looked to the girl that had been following him for whatever reason. He pointed to the most damaged one. "Finish that one," he said curtly, walking over to the one he had cut out of the air. 

Action: Sword Art - [Rage Spike] [-6 EN] / Charge! +5 DMG and Bull Rush! 
Bat 1: ID# 109311  BD: 10 (Crit+2) MD: 5-3= 2 (Miss!) ~ 7+2+5= 14*2= 28 DMG + STUN 
Bat 2: ID# 109312  BD: 6+3-1= 8 (Hit!) MD: 3-3= 0 (Miss!) ~ 7+5= 12*2= 24 DMG + STUN 

[H: 2/1] Pinball: 900/900 HP | 84/90 EN | 7 DMG | 3 ACC | 3 EVA 
[H: 1/0] Kirbs: 120/120 HP | 9/12 EN | 3 DMG | 3 EVA | 3 ACC | 9/10 Para. 

Giant Bat 1: 10/50 HP | 20 DMG
Giant Bat 2: 36/50 HP | 20 DMG 

Edited by Pinball

She put her hands up in defense. “Okay, Jesus... that’s really rude by the way.” She mumbled. A quick higher pitched mimic of ‘shut up’ escapes her as she shuffled away from him. “Whatever.”

What a jerk. She went over to the wounded. But I don’t want to kill it. It laid helplessly on the ground, it’s wings and legs sprawled in different directions. Kneeling, she brought out her dagger and blinked. “O happy dagger. This is thy sheath,” she said dramatically, re-enacting a scene from Romeo and Juliet. After she had ‘stabbed’ herself, she fell forward and made a confident ‘bleh’ sound before ‘dying’. The bat shrieked just as she collapsed on the ground, making her jump up instantly. “Okay then. It was fun doing a play with you Mr. Bat, but I think I’m gonna go now!” She speed walked backed to Pinball and gulped. “So about that bat...”

ID: 109314

BD: 1 + 2 = 3, Fail (it accidentally autocorrected to rad edge lol)

Kirbs: HP: 120/120 | EN: 8/12 | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 1 Paralyze | 3 DMG

Pinball: HP: 900/900 | EN: 84/90 | 7 DMG | 3 ACC | 3 EVA

Giant Bat #1: 10/59 | 20 DMG [STUN]

Giant Bat #2: 36/50 | 20 DMG [STUN]

@Pinball

Edited by Kirbs

Pinball exhaled sharply, shook his head, and as the girl shuffled back over to him, he threw himself forward, landing a shallow cut across her chest. He glanced back over stun took hold, shaking his head. Flipping his sword in his hand, he darted over to the Giant Bat she had refused to kill, hacking into its neck like he was swinging a machete. Then, without missing a beat, he flipped through the air to the bat that was now managing to recover from its stun, landing another cut across its wings. It shrieked and stumbled backward, the leathery flap of skin now decorated by a fine, glowing red line. Pinball gave his sword a small twirl in his hand, stepping back to admire his work. He saw the deceased bat burst into a clowd of pixels. He was fast, as always. Pinball frowned. He then looked back over to Kirbs. "You're really pushing it, dude," he said softly, his voice wildly different than the harsh tone he had held before. 

It was strange. He didn't feel anger around her. Or fear. Despite her talkative nature, he felt at ease, soothed by her presence. And while there was definitely a very deep sadness under everything, it was a very relieving feeling after so long, and Pinball nearly felt like he'd break down any second - but he'd keep himself together. The way she made him feel relaxed was like the effect Dustin had had on him; at least, before he ruined that too. He looked away, frowning even deeper. Or maybe I'm just tired. 

Action: Sword Art - [Rage Spike] [-8 EN / +1 EN] / Charge! +5 DMG and Bull Rush! 
(Both Mobs are Stunned, MD Rolls Disregarded ((they miss anyway lol))) 

Kirbs: ID#109135  BD: 8-3+2= 7 (Hit!) ~ 7+5= 12*2= 24 DMG + STUN 
Bat 1: ID#109136  BD: 4+2= 6 (Hit!) ~ 7*2= 14 DMG
Bat 2: ID#109137  BD: 5+2= 7 (Hit!) ~ 7*2= 14 DMG

[H: 2/1] Pinball: 900/900 HP | 76/90 EN | 7 DMG | 3 ACC | 3 EVA 
[H: 1/0] Kirbs: 96/120 HP | 8/12 EN | 3 DMG | 3 EVA | 3 ACC | 9/10 Para. [Stunned] 

Giant Bat 1: 0/50 HP | 20 DMG [Stunned] 
Giant Bat 2: 22/50 HP | 20 DMG [Stunned]

Edited by Pinball

“Hey, man. It wasn’t my fault. I mean, it was the perfect moment to reenact Shakespeare-“ She cut herself off as she felt a blade lightly slice through her chest. Holy banana cheese balls. Okay, this is it! This is where I die. God, please tell Landon that I was the one who stole is PS4 and it wasn’t Logan. And tell Logan that I was the one who chucked his Xbox controller in the land fill. She felt her body go stiff and frowned. Oh, oh, oh. He stunned me. What a jerk. She looked up and saw that Pinball was already running off to Romeo- I mean the Giant Bat. “Oi, what the bloody hell? What’s wrong with you?! Oh, ho, ho. When I get out of this bloody paralysis, I’m going to get your stinkin’ arse. Get back here!”

She held her breath as she watched the bat explode into bright shards. Turning her focus back to Pinball, she scoffed. “Me? Pushing it? You’re the one who bloody attacked me you bloody maniac! Get back here so I can go ham and cheese on you!” 

Kirbs: HP: 97/120 | EN: 9/12 | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 1 Paralyze | 3 DMG [STUN]

Giant Bat #1: 0/59 | 20 DMG [STUN]

Giant Bat #2: 22/50 | 20 DMG [STUN]

@Pinball

Edited by Kirbs

Well, it's pretty obvious how Pinball replied to the girl's outrage at this point. He didn't. He made his way to the Giant Bat who was now on its feet and flapping its wings indignantly. Pinball leveled his sword, narrowing his eyes. He was uncomfortable, he realized; he wasn't used to using this weapon and it showed. Well, maybe not to the girl - she had just met him, and so far she surely had no reason to believe that Pinball was any stronger than the next guy. 
Pinball waited for the right moment, taking a small step back as the monster flew at him, and then retaliated with a Sword Art. He ducked as the bat flew over him, landing quick consecutive stabs across its exposed stomach. It flew into the ground then with a loud thwack! Its healthbar was practically nonexistant. Pinball glanced over at the stunned girl, lowering his sword a bit. 

Action Taken: Sword Art - [Snake Bite] [-3 EN / +1 EN] 
Bat 2: ID#109335  BD: 7+2= 9 (Hit!) MD: 6-3= 3 (Miss!) ~ 7*3= 21 DMG 

[H:2] Pinball: 900/900 HP | 74/90 EN | 7 DMG | 3 ACC | 3 EVA 
[H:0] Kirbs: 96/120 HP | 9/12 EN | 3 DMG | 3 EVA | 3 ACC | 9/10 Para. [Stunned] 

Giant Bat 2: 1/50 HP | 20 DMG 

Edited by Pinball

Kirbs blew a sigh of relief as she felt the paralysis leave her. She drew her dagger and send a murderous glance at Pinball. “This isn’t over,” she seethed, running off to deal with the bat. The bat was sprawled on the ground. She inhaled, “Is this a dagger which I see before me. The handle toward my hand? Come, let me clutch thee. I have thee not, and yet I see thee still. Art thou not, fatal vision, sensible. To feeling as to sight? or art thou but.” She finally exhaled, stabbing the bat. She clapped her hands together as she watched it explode into a million shards. Sweet.

She stood up and brushed her lap off. Turning to Pinball, she growled. Striding over to him, she grabbed his collar and flared at him. “That, mister. Was unacceptable. How would you feel if I bloody paralyzed you?!” Her hand balled into a fist as the other clutches the fabric of his shirt. “Idiot,” she muttered, letting go of his shirt. “Let’s go find the bloody child already, I don’t want you paralyzing her either.”

ID: 109336

BD: 8, Success

1 - 3 = 0 HP

Kirbs: HP: 97/120 | EN: 9/12 | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 1 Paralyze | 3 DMG [STUN]

Giant Bat #1: 0/59 | 20 DMG [STUN]

Giant Bat #2: 0/50 | 20 DMG [STUN]

@Pinball

Edited by Kirbs

How the hell does she know so much Shakespeare? Pinball had barely read much of it himself, and only recognized the quotes she was spouting because they were some of the more... popular ones. Pinball stared blankly as the girl ran up to him. He sheathed his sword, sliding it through the hoop in his belt. How am I going to get rid of her? Pinball grimaced as she grabbed his shirt, yelling at him. He just kind of... shrugged, and didn't reply. He needed to do something to get rid of her. For a second, he considered threatening her, but then she said something about rescuing an orphan, and he nearly slapped himself. That's right! He had accepted that quest before he passed out. He sighed, nodded, and finally gave in, replying, "Yeah. Just..." He trailed off, nearly saying "stay near me" like he had said to so many low-leveled players before her. But he stopped himself. Why should he care? 

She sighed, massaging the bridge of her nose. “Are all orange players this hard to work with? Or are you just one of a kind?” She shot a glare at him as she finished her sentence. She walked in silence, slowly wishing for something exciting to happen. “Nice weather we’re having...” She looked up at the rocky ceiling and sagged her shoulders. “Nevermind.” She sighed and bit her lip. I feel like this definitly is not the time to start asking him questions... She glanced at Pinball before looking back at her feet. Hell, why am I still here? Why am I still helping him? Oh, the things is do for random people... “So, hows life going for you?” She mumbled, clearing her throat a few movements afterwards. “You don’t have to answer if you don’t want to or whatever. Just wanted to know.” Christ, I’m frekin’ bored! Where’s that damned child?!

@Pinball

Again, he winced at the mention of the color of his crystal, but this time not as heavily. As they walked along, Kirbs tried to fill the quiet with talking - to which she succeeded, and to which Pinball had no hand in assissting with. After she was done going off on tangents, Pinball took a deep breath. He didn't know what it was, but he felt like he was more willing to speak around her. Maybe it was just nice not having to hide from anyone. Maybe if he talked to her, he could have... a friend. He felt a dark and moody tug at his heart, then. He knew the kinds of things he did to his friends. He felt a Sugutsuya flashback coming on but he quickly killed the very thought of it by speaking, "Can't you just like... enjoy the silence?
It was then that the two heard soft, almost muffled sobbing at the end of the cave. The tunnel stopped abruptly, and there hunched over, her head in her lap, sat a small girl. Pinball looked to the girl next to him, and motioned for her to go get the child with a nod of his head. "Looks like we found her.

She looked at him with an unreadable expression before changing her gaze back on to her feet. “Okay,” Kirbs whispered under her breath, wanting to call quits on this moody player. Anti-social son of a bastard. I just want to talk but nooo... She was honestly just done with his B.S. attitude. She was just about to turn around before she heard the soft cries of a child.

Ish a babeh, she thought immediately. They both stopped at a small girl sobbing into her lap. The sight itself made Kirbs shift uncomfortably. She stared at Pinball at disbelief. “This is your bloody quest, idiot,” she muttered to him, a prominent frown plastered on her face. Ugh, kids. Glaring at Pinball for the last time, she nervously kneeled down and got eye level with the girl. “Uh, hey kid... We’re here to take you back to your mom, okay?” Holy hell, I don’t know what to do. Oh, sugar honey iced tea. 

@Pinball

"Your quest too, unless you didn't want the rewards," he grunted, but looked away. He wasn't terribly used to being confrontational, and this was the first time he had talked to somebody in awhile that didn't include violent threats or complete mental breakdowns. Making progresshe thought glumly, twitching as the thought invaded his mind again. He shook it off, glaring at the ground, and whirled around. Cold fingers and cold stares, empty eyes staring up at him... Pinball grit his teeth. Shut up, dude. Pinball looked back at the girl who had been following him. "I can't go into town. Take the kid back or not." He turned away. "I don't care. I'll get the rewards if you do, since we did it together." He kept walking, until he was out of the cave and standing in the forest's breeze. Don't come near me anymore.
"Goodbye," he said curtly, walking off into the forest. He never got her name. 

“Fine,” she muttered, grabbing the child’s hand in hers. She gave him a little wave as he walked away. “Bye, I guess.” She sighed and looked down at the girl. “Yeah, he is weird.” Looking back up, she started making her way out of the cave. Hell, I never got his name! Dang it, now I can’t even tell Enna about it. Why was I even here to help him?

About an hour has passed by since she had last seen the orange player. She had already successfully returned the chip and now she was slouching on a bench in town. We got some good quest rewards at least. Should I tell Enna and Dustin about this? I mean, he wasn’t harmless. Except that time where he paralyzed me... but he didn’t kill me at least! She laughed softly to herself. I just did a quest with a PKer and I didn’t even get his bloody name. What a joke.

@Pinball