PP-Floor 1: Earning a Living (Kit and Sonya)

Kit was lucky today. She was laying down on a sleeping mat in one of the side rooms of the church. She kept having a dream of having a storefront in a mall, which was strange as there were no malls in SAO. She rubbed her eyes and stretched out her arms. She slowly got up and went to the other side of the room where her friend was all curled up. Today would be the day. If they made enough money they wouldn't have to sleep on the floor anymore right?

"Sonya, hey Sonya." she lightly shook her friend's arm. "Hey I'm going to do the earning a living quest, we need to live better than this, don't you think?" She asked yawning. "Hey wake up sleepy head. I'm going to be a merchant and rack in the dough, or at the very least get some keys for chests to open them up. Hey Sonya, did you hear me?" In truth, she also wondered if creating a guild would be a better option for them as well, but they'd need more people. She partly wondered if Sonya knew anyone else who might join them. "Hey, Sonya what do you think about getting a guild together?"

• 2 weeks later...

As she slept in the church, Sonya began to curl up on the mat that was a bit ruffled up against a pew as she had elected to sleep out there tonight as well. It was only natural for the kids to find it hard to sleep on these, but Sonya found it a bit flustered as she was having a rather peculiar dream about her brother. It was perhaps a nightmare though as she now groaned and squirms hearing her name called only pulling farther and farther away as she groaned, "N-no b-brother I'm n-no like t-that!" She whimpers and thrashed about a bit before hitting her head against the hard wood of the pew with a loud thud and squeak, "Gah what on earth? Kit?"

"W-what? I know you are gonna be a merchant we ought to sleep now or do you want to just get up and at it working on your earn a living quest at this exact moment?" She mewled before then sitting herself up and staring groggily down at her companion. "Well then I guess I"m not sleeping tonight so I suppose it's best that we just get up and at have some delicious  coffee and start up our guild shop." She mumbles leaning forward slightly and falling into Kit. "Coffee ..."

@Kit

Edited by Sonya

"You're not like what Sonnie?" she asked looking down at her friend. "You all right? I think you were having a bad dream." She mentioned her brother but she didn't want to just ask a question to a person who just woken up to a bad dream, maybe after she woke up a bit Kit would ask her what had happened. "Why don't we talk about it after we get some t- er coffee."

She let the woman get up and followed her for a bit.

"Well, I want to get a move on, but, I mean, that's just because of I...." She sighed. "I've been on my hands too long and if I get good at some sort of trade then I can afford something better to go out and fight with. You know? I want to be a little prepared." she stated and saw Sonya sway out of the corner of her eye. "Sonya!" she spun on her heel and caught the woman. "Okay okay we'll get coffee, just hang in there!" She slowly tried to prop her upright and quickly spun around and knelt down to catch her (Sonya) on her (Kit's) back, to carry her piggyback style. "It's okay Sonnie, I'll carry you on my back to the brewery okay." she looked back to see if she was falling forwards.

@Sonya

Edited by Kit

As Sonya fumbled over the edge of the pew and landed  her cheek mushed down into Kit's back she began to mumble, "So sleepy ... these pews are so hard." She said her face no scrunched up and slowly nuzzling itself up till it was resting against her shoulder. The sleepy woman then began to nuzzle into her neck and suckle much like a babe would as she began to groan more incoherent words her body just barely supported by her mount of sorts as Kit continued to stroll forward. Kit's view would be quite clear as she saw her drooling against her neck a soft voice speaking now as she spoke one word. "C-coffee." Her dream seeming to be influenced fully now by the power in this verse that was capable of stirring an exhausted Sonya Song. It was like a good morning alarm that her brother use to brew in order to set Sonya's senses all a whirl.

"Talk talk, coffee poffee." She groaned now her cheeks red as she continued to nibble on her neck only to be disappointed that it didn't have that glorious coffee taste or smell. Her body instinctively began to push back away form the girl as she  seemingly started to fall backwards off of her mount's steady side. As she leaned more and more of their center of gravity was thrown off from the exhausted girl who had just spent the last few hours of her night singing sweet lullaby's to the children. Kit had made her life quite complicated, she hadn't been to focused these past few years on anyone. Even herself, Sonya had been frozen in time awaiting her older brother's return unwilling to change her daily life cycle till now. Quests were important and a working job were actually on her plate. Possibly even guild in her future, if she had even heard that part.

"Cocoa beans," Undoubtly Kit noticed this straying fall that would have uncomfortably landed them both backward on the ground, righting them both before to many dangers came as the first floor slowly began to stir once again with life in these late  hours.

@Kit

Edited by Sonya

"Yeah, I know Sonnie...I know...Don't worry though, after we get jobs we can get out of this place and maybe live in Tolbana instead. Okay? They have tons of water fountains and windmills there. I've wanted to explore them but I've been too chicken to venture that far. " She explained in a soft whisper almost like a cooing voice. She moved Sonya's legs forwards, holding her by the thighs and kept her own back bent forwards to keep the woman comfortable.

Kit went cross-eyed when Sonya started to suck and nibble at her neck. She shook her head to try to shake her off.

"S-Sonya, I'm not a pancake stop trying to eat me." she shrilled dancing as if she had to pee, in truth she was just anxious at the situation she was placed in. "I'll get you coffee but I'm not coffee either, all because of having darker skin does not make me your frappuccino." She grunted.

Kit gasped feeling those slender arms, heavy with sleep, pull upwards under her bosom forcing her to stand upright. She looked around and then looked over her shoulder as Sonya was trying to sit up, unknowingly on Kit's back, which stranged Kit to tip backward. "SONYA! NO NO NO SONYA!" it was too late, the rouge like beauty fell backward onto her friend.

"Sorry." SHe huffed out apologetic.

Kit rolled onto her stomach and looked up at Sonya hoping she hadn't clocked her head onto a pew, child, or NPC.

"What a way to start a morning. Good morning everyone, hope you enjoy your morning concussion." Kit whispered sarcastically. "Sonnie are you all right?"

@Sonya

Edited by Kit

Sonya slammed harshly into the floor, thankfully safe zones and pain weren't the same in this game but Sonya did groan uncomfortably for a while her eyes squinted shut as she simply laid there for a bit slightly out of it. "Oowie," She mumbled before peeking her eyes open and noticing that Kit was then rolled over and off of her as she  rolled over and placed her hands over her head. "Why does it feel like I was just dropped on the floor." She whined her voice growing extremely high pitched as she began to provide friction to the impact zone now statically charging her own hair that began to fritz back and forth as she peered up at Kit. "This is not what I call a wake up call if you wanted something why not just bring back a few cups of coffee what are we even doing?"  She mewled, it appeared minus the fall the girl had successfully woke up Sonya as she slowly picked herself up from the floor now cradling her head before stopping for a bit.

"It doesn't hurt now ... this game is still discomforting with how that works, I wish it didn't quite muffle the pain as much as it does I'm half scared that when it I wake up from all of this that my brain's going to be firing all wrong thanks to it." She sighed, her eyes now opened up and staring into kit's who seemed a bit concerned despite her still witty sarcasm which she caught. "I'm fine just tell me what we are doing today? Are we working with the kids a bit or are we going out on another quest. And after all  this even though we mostly tied that race you are paying for coffee."

Sonya reached down to help Kit up to her feet, now prepared to face the world with her own pair of clothing. That would have to change as soon as she started her own earn a living quest and actually managed to start up her store front. "So onward to the second part or are we going into procuring out own jobs?" She questioned, seeking out which Kit was planning on as she didn't seem to remember their groggy talk from earlier.

@Sonya

Kit sat up and listened to the shrill voice complaining. She tried her best and she got complaints. Maybe it was that and the agitation of failure that gave her a sour face and she slightly glared at Sonya who was just about as happy as Kit was. Her azure blue eyes were glaring right into the amethyst eyes in front of her as she inhaled to try to calm down, but the more Sonya spoke the more aggravated she became.

"I figured we'd go out to tea, I'm not some servant that just goes around to get you whatever you know. Don't be such a lazybones, the kids are kids, you're an adult." she wasn't use to people who she believed were her age to be in bed all day, and much less being weighted on hand and foot. A teenager or younger maybe. An elderly person, mostly deffenatly, but adults. She hated slothfulness. She let out an exasperated sigh and stood up holding her hand out to Sonya. "Sorry, I just figured today would be a pretty big deal that's all. I can't be sitting on my hands while other players make twice as much col as me. I'm already lacking in funds for buying equipment to go out against monsters eventually, and pretty soon I'll be forced to only eat whatever the church supplies us again. I'd rather not waste it on coffee unless I really have to. I'm hoping we find something for free at this rate." She lowered her hand once Sonya got up on her own.

"What game are you- oh that's right....I don't know what you're talking about really I feel the right amount of pain. Maybe your nervegear his broken or something." That's what that stupid thing was called right? She wasn't even sure anymore, it had been so long. "I just accept this as my reality, I'll deal with the other world whenever I get out of this one." After two years Kit was pretty sinical about waking up in general, not that she wouldn't try to eventually, but right now she was only a low level player and she had already met several high level players that hadn't beaten the game. If she remembered correctly there are some mmo if not all of them that are unbeatable. Meaning quests refresh and other things, what if there was no winning? Not that she'd ever say that outloud, it'd cause too many people to suffer, but to be honest, she was getting very use to how this game worked, and was comfortable in it at this stage.

"I just hope the church has some coffee this morning. They tend to have some on the weekends. We can check that out. The kids are getting their lessons today from the nuns." Some of the nuns were NPCs while others were in fact players taking up the same role. Kit thought about what they were doing today. She supposed they could help out the church but she was thinking of becoming a merchant today with Sonya becoming a tailor. "I got some information from Sister Rosa." Sister Rosa was one of the NPC nuns, and was often called the head nun by other nun NPCS in the area. "I asked about the earning a living quest line and she asked me what I was interested in and I told her tailoring and being a merchant. Long story short I know where the two are and thought we could pay them a visit if you're up to it. What do you say? We can check the church dinning hall to see if they have any coffee. They usually have a breakfast of some sort. I overheard Nancy say that they had the complete breakfast again for this morning, so eggs, bacon, sasage, pancakes, and donutes are a go today if you're interested in that sort of thing. I don't know if the coffee is readily available or if I'll have to use the last of my col for it." She really didn't want to spend any money. "But to be fair the breakfast can have a fair amount of sugar in it, so you might not need the coffee at all." She explained as she went to the door that went behind the organ to where the other rooms would be.

Sonya paused as her eyes began to peek open, that fury made it clear as day as she now began to go quiet her voice dying in the back of her throat as she looks a bit embarrassed about her complaints realizing in retrospect that she probably sounded like one of the children in the church. "I-I'm sorry." She mumbles apologetically her head drooped till her head completely bowed down in apology to her companion. "I didn't mean to treat you like a servant you just woke me up super early in the morning and I'm usually not much of a morning person to begin with so ... please forgive me Kit for any disrespect I showed to you. I-I guess my job sorta made me reliant upon my brother as being a model sorta made me a little entitled I guess." Sonya now looked back up toward Kit and sighed, she realize that she was a bit of a pain to deal with when it came to every day dealings with her unless she was met with by a stern force. Her brother always yielded to her but it seemed Kit had the back bone to stand up to Sonya.

"I'll try and make enough col for the both of us, so after we get this job done for you and your business kicks off the ground I think we should get to work on my own so I can start making us some armor. Maybe head out into the forest train against monsters and then work on our own combat skills a bit?" She then blinked a bit confused, she thought that the nervegear didn't dish out pain and now as quite confused as she looked through her menus a bit. now blinking as she saw a few settings and flipped a switch before then cringing with discomfort as the pain came rolling in waves as she groaned. "I forgot that this game does have different setting for pain ..."

"I mean perhaps they have their own coffee machine at the rate she works I imagine Sister Rosa might just be the games version of god in hoping to shed some kindness upon us all to be honest." She then looked over and started strolling along with her through the church till they found her. "Dining hall food works for me, anything that I can save will make my business that much more beneficial to the kids after all I found someone else who might want to help us in the long run on making a guild. I saw this girl who sorta was having problems coping with her own twin living in the real world so I think it might be nice to preoccupy her."

@Kit

Seeing her reaction didn't stop Kit from growing angrier, it wasn't until she apologized that Kit felt her anger turn into butter and melt away. She stood there dumbfounded for a moment and then realized how sorry Sonya sounded. She so used to adults and teens expecting their way or the highway that this new turn of events shocked her into a more reserved state of being. She rubbed the back of her neck as Sonya asked for forgiveness again and she nodded feeling a bit overwhelmed by the situation and listened to the young woman's plight. She gave another nod and looked to her.

"I'm sorry to Sonnie. I grew up being the breadwinner for people who couldn't really handle a nine to five. I guess I got so wrapped up into my own head, with my own goals and aspirations that I wasn't thinking there could be other ways. I shouldn't have put a burden on your shoulders like that." She walked with Sonya and lightly tapped Sonya's arm with her elbow. "Hey, don't take that burden alone Sonnie. We'll manage together. I don't want to say I'll be buying everything from you or giving you items. I just. Can't. I would like that idealistic world where I could, but I....I just can't. I might explain why later, I'm sorry I don't want to say why that is at this moment." she admitted.

Kit took a deep breath and sighed. Her shoulders were still raised but she was less enraged that she was only moments ago. She thought about it and thought about the cop that turned her life around a long time ago. Even if it was for a short moment. Even if she didn't rely on them after that point. That fact was. She did rely on them.  She nodded, and her shoulders lower as she could finally see some common ground.

"I might not understand the whole entitlement thing. I never have. People would tell me, oh this group or person feels entitled. I never understand that. I figured, if they're entitled they must be working hard, show me the evidence, maybe then I'll give them something, or a pat on the back. I just need to see it. So, I'll never understand it, but, I do understand how it feels to rely on someone. To know, it's going to be okay. I had it once. It was for a very short time. I didn't even know I needed it. Didn't even know I wanted it.I can appreciate now, and I almost forgot all about it. Thanks for reminding me, that sometimes, relying on someone can be okay. I just have to trust them. I trust you, kind of. Sorry, it takes me a while, and sometimes I get frustrated. Sometimes I push people away. I don't mean to. I'm sorry I got really angry. I guess, I've been sleeping on pews and cots that I forget, that maybe, it's comfortable. I  think I do understand that much at least."

She watched as Sonya changed her pain settings and stared. She never bothered to even look into the settings. She always wanted her sense of smell and everything to be fairly high so she was aware of her surroundings better. She never considered that might be why she felt pain and felt every step she took.

"Sonya if it hurts don't put the pain settings on. You shouldn't have to do that." She wasn't about to be the reason why the woman felt pain. "You don't have to live in this game as I do." she wasn't sure if Sonya could deal with that on top of talking about going out into the fray and fighting. "Sonya, I understand my limits. I've been pushed. I don't know if you should do this. Maybe you should put your settings the way you have it." She wasn't considering how it also affected the sense of pleasure as well.

She saw all the food laid out, and the coffee and juice. She sat down wondering if there was a farming village nearby. It'd be nice to help out there as well, some wholesome work to be had. It was something she liked to do, and she wasn't sure why. As she started a habit of hers when she enjoyed the food. As she relaxed from the hectic morning she looked over to Sonya.

"If I may be so bold. What's your bother like?" she questioned wondering why she hadn't reached out to him. Did she not have him friended to see where he was, or to send him a message.  She wasn't sure if Sonya wanted to talk about that subject so she quickly changed gears to give the woman another option for a topic at the table. "A girl hm? As long as they're willing to work I'm willing to help. Is she younger than you Sonya?" she asked. "Younger than me maybe? I'm probably older than I look. I turned 31 this year. I guess, how old are you Sonnie?" she was curious now. "When's your birthday?" maybe a happy topic would be best too. "Cause next time we can celebrate somehow." she smiled happily. She continued eating at the thought about the new person Sonya was talking about. "Did she need help? I wouldn't mind meeting her. It's not like I have work for people right now but eventually, if we all want to strive for a place to live we'll have to work really hard." she explained. "But once we're past that point. We'll be able to enjoy the fruits of our labor." She nodded thinking about it. "So what do you think? Should we do the earning a living quest today and get proactive? If we do, we won't have to sleep on a pew anymore, and we'll be able to get your friend a comfy bed as well."

Sonya's head was bent down, as if she was prostrated once more within the cathedral seeking forgiveness of ones sins from a higher being. But she found that the more reassuring thing was forgiveness from another. The girl peeked up as she began to hear the response to her apology, she at first saw that angry face every now and then when she peaked up, but like that it melted like a fire over ice the only thing remaining though was the usual kit. A rather complacent one who seemed a bit shocked but still the same kit she had first met and come to love.  Sonya then nods and smiled as she received the gentle tapped and leaped up to grapple her into a  forgiveness hug as she saw it was fit to be named. The french girl then closed her eyes and kissed her on the cheek.

"If I am ever acting stubborn or annoying just give me the evil eye again and  I will know that I need to stop talking and just apologize for whatever I did, I know that I'm a bit of a hassle so it's good to get feedback once in a while. After all my entire career is based on feedback and criticism of my wears my walk I might as well work on being a bit more cordial as well with my thoughts." She then clapped her hands and shook her head. "Don't even worry about that it would be horrible for me to monopolize all of the tailoring business after all I don't even have my own earn a living quest complete yet ... ugh I don't look forward to doing this twice. We really need to get up there and work on some higher quests where we can complete them together."

Sonya then bobs her head as she paused for Kit to start ranting on now about her remark on entitlement a bit worried that she may have shot her off on some sort of tangent that would later drag this quest of hers on for the entirety of two days. She didn't want to start a debate or anything about ethics on work habits. She herself knew that working hard was the best way to making a good life for herself. Even if she became rather complacent in her later year just out of college. She honestly hated how bad she was at this and knew that she should have been applying and putting herself out there. Her parents always told her t marry for money, but that seemed like such a cop out at that stage.

"Hmm well then I suggest that we both try our best and by ourselves a cute house where we can take all the kids to and sleep in our own beds for once. How about it you and I try our darndest to make enough money to buy a place maybe even a guild heck I know a few people now who might be interested. One goes by the user name Mace and I think Ennakai was looking for companions to go on more quests so maybe we can all chip in for a large mansion!"

She merely rubbed her head and shook, "No no I need to suffer for the actions I do in this game and besides it is a bit of repentance for the way I was acting earlier with you. Besides I bet with all this bad a bunch of good will be coming my way any moment perhaps my business will boom. If you believe in that karma mumbo jumbo."

As they sat down Sonya grabbed a cup of coffee and eagerly began to drink it groaning pleasantly from the taste before then pausing as she heard the question about her brother. She groaned and looks down, "He was always the better half of me always keeping me on the straight and narrow even in the darkest of times ... but every time we played a video game together he always showed a bit of a darker side but I think this one he will be fine he knows that this is life and death after all and this is our lives as you put it."

She then blinks as she was caught of guard by Kit's age as he stared, "Nani wha? You can't possibly be twenty you look gorgeous. I mean I'm only ... umm ... how old am I." She said and rubbed her chin. "I guess I always forget the year but I know I'm definitely somewhere in my mid to late twenties I think? As for birthday it is December Fourteenth. And of course let's get to the quest!"

@Kit

"Don't worry about it Sonnie. It's part of who you are. I just have to, love your flaws too you know." she gave her another nod as she calmed down.

She listened to Sonnie and nodded again. She was sure she'd get a nice place for everyone. She didn't want it to be a pipe dream. She honestly wanted them to be comfortable. Everyone. She smiled listening to her talk about a huge mansion and nodded. That was more of a pipe dream but maybe that's what she needed. She looked to Sonnie who was full of hope. It was nice to have an optimist with a realist. Maybe it'd work. Maybe together they'd make it happen. Sadly Kit was busy making her own things better to survive out in the wilds. To take that plunge. Still, it felt almost achievable. She mentally thanked Sonnie for it.

"I do believe in karma actually, and making one's own luck. Just, be careful with it okay," she warned. "Maybe things will taste better and sound better though." She wondered how the food would taste to Sonnie. "Let me know if the food is less bland okay."

She looked over listening to Sonnie. She was wondering if he was alive. She also wondered if once she killed a monster if she'd be like that too. After all it wasn't a person or real. It was just information compiled and then rewritten to make the same monster later. Right? She got a bit more worried about that side of herself.

"Gorgeous?" she felt her face heat up. "I'm not in one of my primes yet. Not till I'm 33." She admited at least that's what she always thought. "Is he...Still in your friends list?" she asked curiously. "Sorry, you don't have to check if you don't want to."

She was surprised that her birthday was coming up!

"What, did you want to do anything special for your birthday? I think we should do something you know. For your name day." she said as she was slipping back into character.

@Sonya

Edited by Kit

"Yeah ... being a spoiled brat is a part of me I guess, but I must admit I don't want to keep this trait so perhaps a fix is possible after all there is a lot of work to be done around the church and if I act like it before them they will think they can get away." She mumbled, rubbing her chin now as she sighed out. It was about time that she got over herself even in a slight method. She sighed rubbing the back of her neck as she glances back down.

This was about time that she  found some place to start up her own business thought the choices of floor as a tailor didn't really fit well that each one ought to have different outfits anyways with the cold and hot weather.  the girl then looked over and nods as she heard the remark about the food's taste it would be quite an improvement over the same generic breading taste she had for all food. And the taste of water for all liquids. A smile would light up as she drank the coffee and let out a pleasant squeal of joy thanks to the taste.

As she looked toward her she then smirked, "I suppose I haven't thought about my own birthday or gifts while we in here. Though maybe it's just that I  don't really want to celebrate while away from my brother." She grumbled and then  leaned back as she thought about it. She then clicked her friends list once more and sighed a bit relieved. "Yeah I always have to check on him just to make sure he isn't dead ... but he doesn't ever return any of my messages when I send him one."

@Kit

"Hm, I guess it's okay to be spoiled some of the time. I just grew up differently so I don't understand it as much." She explained and looked off wondering if being a merchant was right for her. She started seeing merchants pop up a lot lately but maybe it'd be worth it. She still wanted keys for treasure chests and maps. She'd also need a way to junk out items if the guild was formed. Not if. When. She mentally corrected herself. "Yes the children of the church might try to be spoiled too but maybe that's okay. it's hard to tell." she wasn't use to it that was for sure.

Kit started to eat a ham sandwich in front of her and a wave of happiness ran over her. There was something wholesome about ham sandwich. They were easy to make and tasted good. Kit was a fairly simple woman usually. She reached for her water and felt refreshed and energized. As she listened to Sonya she wondered if she could find her brother to celebrate the lost birthdays they had. Still, she'd need a fair amount of col for that and she wasn't sure she could promise anything like she wanted to. She couldn't ask the church in fear she'd overstep her welcome there. It was decided she'd have to do small things for Sonya first until they built a stable guild.

"I guess he doesn't want you to worry. Don't worry, when we get strong enough we'll catch up to him and celebrate a lot. That and if we do that we'll have a guild by then and we can have him join it to call home to." She was being a little more optimistic for Sonya's sake breaking her normal realist like ideals. There would be a chance he'd say he had his own guild and that was fine. There's a chance he'd say he didn't want to 'play' with his sister too, but Kit had to try.

She reached over for the cranberry candy. She loved the sweet and tart flavors. It was food like this in the game that made her want to be a cook. Once she had finished enjoying in the meal she looked over to Sonya.

"Should we go to your NPC first or mine?" she asked curiously. "Now that we're full it should be a breeze of a task don't you think?" she asked Soya with hope.

@Sonya

• 2 weeks later...

Sonya's cheeks were bright red at this point, she felt rather ashamed by how childish she was acting so much so that she thought she resembled one of the children in the church more. Then she slowly slid over and clamped a hand over her companions as she smiled. "But don't worry about that I will try my best to do better and any time I don't you can just tell me though hopefully a little less angrily. She laughed, hoping to not see that side of her friend again she did seem quite terrifying if Kit really wanted to be something like an assassin that could sneak in during the middle of the night. After a tight squeeze to her hand Sonya got back up and moved over toward another chair and received her own turkey sandwich now sitting down and indulging in the delightful tastes that the church had made thus far for them.

Sonya paused mid bight as she looked up and smiled, the reassuring words were just that, though she had already contemplated the worst reasons in her ow mind. She wasn't convinced that he ever wanted to speak with her again. Or even worse, he had fallen prey to some of those who still thought this was a game. It was true that any players name ought to be up on the Monument of Life but there were worse fates. Perhaps it wasn't there because they had him locked away in their base serving as a labor source to maintain a steady revenue for their own weapon supplies. It was all far to bleak an idea and even as she thought of it Sonya's smile began to fade and her pace of eating lagged on. her head slowly tilting down before then nodding.

"Huh? NPC I thought we were doing your job? I mean I don't mind doing mine as well but you did wake me up and set us up on this course to start with so." She smiled back. Her emotions seeming to change on a dime as she pushed down her misery.

@Kit

"All right then if we're done here lets go find the merchant NPC. We can find the tailor one right after and try to do our jobs at the same time. It's probably all fetch quests anyway." She pointed out. "So we'll look for materials if they ask us to, and don't worry I managed to get an item that can help us locate things once again." She explained. "Though maybe next time I'll get a meal that can help our luck out with material drops." she explained hopefull. The idea hadn't crossed her mind until now. Next time she'd be more prepared. "It was a little frightening going to the higher floors. Sorry, I didn't tell you about that," she explained.

Going to higher floors was dangerous in her mind but she took the risk to survive later. If she was going to make any of her col back. She was getting to the point of being poor and it was starting to be a mess. She hoped that her endeavors would pay off in the long run. She got up ready to go to their new destination.

@Sonya

Edited by Kit

Sonya nods her head, "Right so where to first I haven't really thought about where the NPC's for the merchants would be as I have really only located the one for my own job if I have to be honest. Though I'm sure they are all standing roughly in the same place about the town of beginners? So perhaps the town square it is now after that fabulous meal." She said trying to compliment the sister who also worked here. She then glanced back over after tipping her head as if she was wearing a fine fedora atop of it. She giggled at this and then clasped hands with Kit, she didn't want to do this any other way then with her first real friend here in SAO ever since her brother left she needed someone else to grasp hold of and now they were here at last.

As kit explained her fears of traveling higher she waved her hand and laughed, "That's perfectly fair to be honest I'm a little scared to leave the first floor so far but now that I know that we both have our own plans of making a better place. I fee much greater at ease." She then would stroll along the long roads of the town in silence or with talk as she didn't mind occasionally though she would squeeze the hand of her companion.

@Kit

• 6 months later...

@Sonya

Kit nodded. She was happy to hear that she and Sonya would be staying on the lower level floors. The raven-haired woman stood up when she was done eating and looked to Sonya. She was likely right. The places in town would likely have all the job classes near each other.

"Let check out the town square and see if we can track it down. I'm sure it won't take us that long to find things. Then we can find people who go out and I can start apprising things to bring in some income for us. It sounds a little boring, a job that has me just look at things, but maybe we'll find out something about the lore of this place. At least that'd be interesting." She stated.

Once they were on the roads she squeezed Sonya's hand back and kept looking around. The town as always full life bustling life. She loved it. Yet she also knew it to be a false hope. She'd have to do her best to make sure she and Sonya lived a good life here. She looked up at the shop signs seeing one for a blacksmith, and another for accessories. As she kept walking she saw a restaurant too.

As she's looking around she failed to notice an NPC set in front of them on the road. A young boy was just preteen.

"Hey, you wanna cheat the sys-I mean make good sales? Follow me."

The quest popped up in front of Kit and she accepted it. She looked over at Sonya.

"I guess now it begins. Should we go find yours to start it off at the same time or just get this one over with first?" Kit asked her. "I hope it doesn't take too long. If anything we might be able to sleep in our shop once we get them. Hopefully one of them will have a bedroom or something am I right?" She was worried they wouldn't get that lucky and still be stuck at the church or a floor.

Edited by Kit