[F2-PP] bashing on boulders w/Vigilon <<Breaking the Unbreakable>>

Spoiler

<<Breaking the Unbreakable>>

This quest takes place on Floor 2

This quest is repeatable (to help only)

o3mxo4I.png

To start the quest, the player must first find the quest NPC that has taken residence in a hut near the summit of an exceptionally high mountain at the southern edge of the 2nd Floor. If the player accepts the quest, the NPC takes the player outside to a 2 meter-high rock with a diameter of about 1.5 meters and almost as tough as an Immortal Object. There, the NPC reveals that the player must split the rock into two using only their fists and then proceeds to paint whiskers with quick-drying paint on the player’s face, claiming that the whiskers cannot be removed until the rock is split. If the player does manage to split the rock, they are rewarded with the Extra Skill.

Good luck Players!

Requirements:

-At least one [1] Page (21 or more posts)

-Must destroy <<The Boulder>> using only your fists. Damage bonuses such as Damage enchantments and Athletics apply, but your weapon skill rank does not, nor can you use any sword arts. Players with Martial Arts skill may apply their rank damage, but you may not use sword arts.

The Boulder Information:

<<The Boulder>> is a respawning Quest object and has the following statistics:

HP: 50
EVA: -2

Rewards:

1. Party Leader will be gifted the Extra Skill, <<Martial Arts>>

2. 1 Skill Point

Parties of players are advised.

Recommended Level: Any

"Come on you overgrown bug if you don't attack then you'll never win" Zuekin laughed as he said knowing full well that his thorns would take care of it, but they required a direct attack to activate so in short if it attacks it dies "well if you won't come to me then I'll go to you" he said as he charged the poor defenseless insect. As he reached the side of it Zuekin brought his fist above his head and brought it back down with enough force to tear it's head from it's body effectively killing the giant waspand causing it to shatter into pieces. "Welp thanks for the fight hahaha" laughing again for the millionth time today he loved a good fight more than anything. That's mostly the reason he was out here to have some fun, but to also finally find this quest he had been looking for. Supposedly there was an NPC on top of one of the mountains here on the second floor but wouldn't you know it there were dozens of mountains on this floor but that was fine by him that just meant more fights which equals more fun. He wasn't paying any attention to where he was stepping as he looked around at the surrounding area and one thing caught his attention there weren't any mobs to be seen unbeknownst to him he had stumbled onto  the fields of crossing "huh that's weird I guess I've wandered into a natural safe zone" pausing only to notice smoke coming off of one of the numerous mountain tops "that's gotta be the..... ahhhh" his sentence getting cut off as he tripped over what seemed to be a player laying in the tall grass and land face first into the dirt  "tch tch, aww my face..... Dang that hurt what the heck did I trip over"

Spoiler

Stats

Lvl:1 | HP:20 | EN:2 | DMG:1 |MIT:8 | Thorns:9 | Regen:5

Spoiler

Apperance

185205060_images(1).jpeg.6917c306d367a44ff1b96dc891837ff3.jpeg

Edited by Zuekin

It had been a while since Vigilon last slept outside, but here in this natural safe zone, he could do so safely, and there was no hard bench to have to sleep on this time, either. Of course, falling asleep from being ridiculously tired can have its consequences...such as being tripped over. "Eehhhgghhh???" Vigilon woke with a start, and heard something about someone tripping over something. He turned his head to see someone had landed flat on his face. He remembered days when he went through comedic accidents like this...oh wait, he occasionally still did. He heard a low growling that he knew came from Veriost. She must have been sleeping on top of him again, and probably got jumped from the tripping issue. Vigilon got up, and caught Veriost in midair, then he held her maw closed with his right hand to keep her from blasting the one who tripped with her ice cold frost breath. "I know you too well, Veriost. I'm not letting you do that." Veriost's growling persisted, but her willingness to use her frost breath didn't. He then looked to the player who tripped. "You all right?"

Stats and equipment:

Spoiler

Level:  27
HP:  540
EN:  64(Base[54], Energist[10])

Damage: 13(Martial Arts Rank 4[+6], Veriost[+6]) 

Equipment:

[T1]Berserker Gloves(1 Taunt, 1 Bleed, 1 Paralyze)

[T2]Swift Endurance(1 Mitigation, 1 Evasion, 1 Recovery)

[T1]Karri's Fang(1 Recovery, 1 Accuracy, +1 LD)

Skills:

One handed straight sword Rank 2

Energist

Extra Skills:

Meditation(Currently Unskilled, cannot be used yet)

Martial Arts Rank 4

Familiar Mastery: Fighter Rank 3

Edited by Vigilon

Taking and pressing his hands into the dirt Zuekin pushed himself up and into a siting position with his legs crossed facing the direction he had came and just in time to as he saw a small dragon charge him reading to use whatever type of breath attack it had. But that never happened for a player which he assumed must be the little winged lizard's owner grabbed it to prevent any attack it had planned. "for something that doesn't do damage that sure did hurt" he said as he rubbed the top of his head and letting out a small chuckle. Looking back at the player he had tripped over he continued "sorry about that, I guess I should pay more attention to where I step huh, but then again I did get a little overly excited" laughing a bit at himself this time only to hear the stranger ask him if he was ok "yeah I'm great it takes more than that to stop me" jumping up to his feet and tapping on his armor "but what about you guys are y'all ok" he said gesturing towards him and his pet.

Edited by Zuekin

"...Wait, it hurt?" Other than one of his mishaps in crafting, it had been what felt like forever since Vigilon had experienced phantom pain. "Er, sorry, um... so, I'm going to try and help with what I'm about to say... Try not to feel pain, and you won't feel the sting of phantom pain. This game has something that weakens the feeling of pain into a slight tingling sensation, so if you don't focus on any potential pain, you won't feel a thing when something happens that would normally bring pain." Vigilon placed his familiar back onto his shoulder as he explained this, and the small white frost dragon stretched, and got into a comfortable position, still looking at the other player, but with more of a neutral standpoint. The player asked if Vigilon and Veriost were alright. "Yeah, we're fine. Even if any damage was done, it would have probably been minuscule. It takes far more than a tripping incident to take down a tier two player. Anyway, I'm Vigilon." He gestured to the familiar on his shoulder as he continued with, "And this is my familiar, Veriost. Sorry about what almost happened earlier, she often uses her frost breath against enemies and anything she considers to be a nuisance...sometimes including me. It doesn't hurt, but it sure as heck feels cold. Other than that, her personality seems to be a bit of a blend between that of a dragon and a cat."

"Huh, I guess I never thought about it like that" he ramarked as the man placed his familiar on his shoulder and assured Zuekin that they were fine "It's a pleasure to meet you Vigilon, I am Zuekin the soon to be strongest player in Aincrad" as he introduced himself Zuekin held out his hand towards the man for him to shake 'wait did he say teir two dang this guys gotta be strong, that means he might be fun to fight.' as he thought about it he gave Vigilon a quick once over 'well he did say that his familiar attacks people and given that it's a dragon it probably gives him an increase in attack so that might mean he is a DPS build.' sighing as he thought about what how fun it would be "aaaaawwww, I'm getting excited just thinking about it" speaking out loud by accident "hey Vigilon would you by chance want to spar with me" now pointing at him with seriousness in his face but also a hint of excitement.

"Soon to be strongest player in Aincrad?" Vigilon asked. "Oh dear, this is either a powerful player I just encountered, or someone new who won't let go of their fantasies that will take far, far longer than 'soon'." Vigilon found himself slightly worried. He shook Zuekin's hand, then shoved his hands into his pockets as he inhaled a deep breath before telling the bad news...but maybe good news might soften the blow. "Nice to know you've got a goal that you strive for. Sure, many others try to walk such a path as well, but, hey, time, practice, training, quests, hard work and even more can get you where you want to be, and yet... Well, I'd hate to be a downer, but I'm pretty sure there are many frontliners who would tell you to get in line."  Pretty soon, Zuekin asked Vigilon if he wanted to spar with him. Oh boy. "...Are you sure? I don't even know what level you are! I can't tell if you'll be a dangerous opponent or a total pushover! Heck, I just met you!"

"Soon to be strongest player in Aincrad?" A wide grin crept onto Zuekin's face as he heard someone else say it for the first time, but he also noticed what looked to be a quizzical expression on Vigilon but was quickly replaced by his hand as he shook Zuekin's 'i wonder what that was about he seems nice enough but maybe he is just worried, ha that's the last thing I need.' he thought as he listened to Vigilon tell him that it was good to have a goal but that there where many frontliners that were strong "well I know that it's going to take alot of training but when I said soon the way I meant it is that it will take me a couple of months, but heck it only took me six years to master over thirty different types of Martial arts" and then he remembered what he was doing here in the first place "oh s**t I completely forgot why I was here" taking a moment to scan the surrounding mountains, nothing 'crap' he thought as he facepalms. Then Vigilon starts to talk again but not to give him some words of wisdom but to ask him if he was sure about the fight. Turning back to him Zuekin answers "well to be honest I am only level one but like I said I know it will take me at least a couple of months to get there but even so level difference doesn't matter to me I just enjoy a good fight but that will have to wait" removing his hand from his face and crossing his arms over his chest before he continues "I hope you don't mind me asking but do you have any idea where a quest called breaking the unbreakable is located I had seen what I thought was it but that was before I tripped over you sorry about that again, and got sidetracked with our conversation"

((OOC- sorry for the wait had some stuff I had to get caught up on over the weekend))

@Vigilon

Edited by Zuekin
  • 3 weeks later...

A level one player had the guts to challenge a tier two player?? Vigilon couldn't tell if he was really brave or really stupid from that fact. Well, at least he moved on to something else that wasn't likely to threaten his life. He asked Vigilon where the quest known as Breaking The Unbreakable was located. "Well..." He looked at his surroundings. "If over there is north, and over there is east, and the other way is west..." He opened up his map from the HUD, and was able to confirm the direction. "In that direction. The quest is located in the southern edge of the floor, so you'd just need to head south and you can't go wrong." He said as he pointed south. He then remembered the fact that this player was level one. "I can't let him go alone. He might be attacked and killed should he be ambushed by monsters or something..." He looked back to Zuekin. "You don't mind if I tag along, do you? I can keep any fights you can't handle from coming your way, and I can help by making the quest shorter and less tedious by throwing a few punches to assist."

@Zuekin

"south huh, sounds good thanks for the help" he replied while Vigilon pointed in the direction of the quest. Zuekin was about to head out when the Vigilon spoke up again asking if he could tag along and also offering his assistance with any mobs that might pop up from here to there "well, I'm not one to turn down a helping hand" gesturing for him to follow if he wanted "so if you don't mind me asking what's a tier two player like yourself doing on the lower floors" walking towards there destination as he spoke "and why are you helping me out anyway" looking back at Vigilon and scratching his head "I mean someone your level has got to have better things to do than help out a noob like me, so what's your angle!!" With this Zuekin stopped and looked at the man not with the friendly demeanor he had been wearing but with a face carrying nothing but seriousness.

@Vigilon

Edited by Zuekin
  • 2 weeks later...

"I occasionally visit the lower floors for multiple reasons. besides, it doesn't matter how many times one goes around a single floor, there always seems to be something one has yet to discover. Sometimes, there are players in need who can use some help." Zuekin had a serious expression on his face as he asked Vigilon why he was helping and what his angle was. "As a matter of fact, I would have better things to do, that is, if the acronym YOLO didn't exist in this game, and connect to our actual lives. As a result, keeping other players alive, especially lower-level ones, is of a higher priority to me, rather than typical training, which can sometimes get long and tedious. I think it would be best for as many of us to get out alive as possible." Vigilon explained. "Besides," He added, "Every once in a while, someone tries to kill off weaker players who are out on their own. There will always be both strength and safety in numbers."

@Zuekin

As he listened to everything Vigilon said his face slowly started to change back to its cheerful demeanor as a smile crept across it. "Your right there are a lot of things people miss when the rush through a floor and there are a lot of people that need help, I'm glad there are other people like me that want to help those who need it." By the time he finished Zuekin had a goofy smile on his face and what Vigilon said next made him laugh, due to there situation it was kinda funny "once again your right you do only live once that's why you should enjoy it I mean yes this place is a prison but that isn't going to stop me from having fun and meeting new people and yes I do believe that people should help others stay alive that way they can get out of this place too." But what he hadn't realized was that Vigilon was leading up to something that he wasn't expecting.... player killers "I know about pkers and to tell you the truth I hate them I hate that they take from us our friends and our most precious gift life I hate that there are people like that I wish I could stop them but I'm not strong enough yet." Taking a deep breath to calm himself he continued "that's why I want to become the strongest so I can use that power to save everyone I don't care what happens to me as long as everyone else is safe I'll do what ever it takes"

@Vigilon

Edited by Zuekin
  • 1 month later...

"It's nice to know that there are players like you and I who are willing to use their skills and capabilities to protect others. I have noticed that there are certain players out there who try to deal with PKers, each one typically using one of two methods. Some players will try to immobilize and bind killers, thus capturing them as a result. Some players are forced into a situation where they have to do this, but there are others who do this regardless of options...there are some players who would prefer to give the PKers an exact taste of their own medicine...which is to say, they kill them. Of course, I wouldn't kill anyone unless there was no other choice. I still remember that one evening..." Vigilon's explanation trailed off in the end, for he recalled the evening when he was attacked, and the situation eventually came to kill or be killed. His heart wasn't into the action, but the regrettable deed was done. The foe's cursor was orange by the time Vigilon was forced to retaliate, so striking back did nothing against his own cursor. Vigilon shook off the haunting memory. "Anyway, yeah, I agree that they take away people from our lives, and that they must be stopped, but judging from personal experience, I'd say that typical PKers aren't the only thing causing strife between players. I know two players who are enemies for...particular reasons." Vigilon wondered, how did this topic end up as something to keep a long conversation going? "Man, life and death is a lot more than it seemed in this game..." He thought.

@Zuekin

"I can understand that in some cases you have to defend yourself and the day may come when I will be in that position, but I plan to stop that from happening to anyone else" Zuekin noted that Vigilon trailed off on his last sentence, but realized where that was heading and didn't feel that it was the right time to ask about something personal like that so he held onto it in the back of his mind till it was time. Zuekin hadn't even noticed how far they had walked while him and Vigilon had been discussing player killers until they reached the base of the mountain "that was quite quick" rather than stopping while he spoke he just pressed onward up the winding mountain path. "Hey I've got a question for you, even if u don't know much any information you could provide me with would be greatly appreciated" a paused a moment to let that sink in not turning around or stopping in order to keep the pace they were at "what do you know of unique skills" as he spoke his foot landed on a lose rock and about fell backwards but luckily caught himself and regained his footing before continuing the treck up the mountain "that was too close a fall from this height would surely spell doom"  

@Vigilon

Edited by Zuekin

Zuekin said that he could understand that there were some cases where one would have to defend themselves, and that he might wind up in such a position one day, but also that he planned to keep it from happening to others. "Heh, I guess it happens to the best of us, in terms of heart. My heart wasn't in the deed, but it definitely was in regards to keeping others safe from people like Garixon, and those punks from the Griffin Legion..." Vigilon thought. Zuekin asked him a question regarding what he knew about unique skills just as he was about to have a close call from the side of the mountain trail. "Yup, waaaaaay to close. I haven't really experienced much having to do with fall damage, but that would surely have been a dangerous fall... Anyway, I don't really know much about these unique skills, save for a bunch of rumors, most of which is probably noise, but the rumors I've heard of the most are of some killer who uses two swords. Unbelievable, am I right? Sorry that I couldn't pinpoint any confirmed unique skills..." Vigilon explained.

@Zuekin

'two swords now that's a pretty cool unique skill' he thought as he continued up the path to the summit of the mountain taking great care not to slip again "I was hoping that you would know if there was a unique skill for the Martial arts skill but that's okay thanks for the info about the dual swords" he said and kept trudging up the trail. As they reached the end of the path a small stone hut came into view and outside of it standing near the door was old npc man his face withered and his hair grayed most likely from living on top of the mountain for who now's how long "hello old man we are here for a quest are you the one we need to talk to?" The man didn't even respond to his question Zuekin just assumed that he couldn't hear him that was until the npc raised a frail hand and pointed out a huge Boulder that was a little taller than him when the man put his arm back down a quest notification poped up asking if he wanted to accept the quest "well that was ominous." He mashed the blue circle and walked up to the Boulder he took a moment to look for any weaknesses in it "I guess I just punch it right" he said to himself. After he couldn't find any weak points he stepped back took a deep breath and pulled his arm back cocking it into position before letting it fly when it connected a small crack no bigger than a pencil appeared on its surface "this doesn't seem to hard" he looked back at Vigilon and stepped to the side "it's your turn let's see what a tier two player can do"

@Vigilon

Spoiler

ID# 113465 BD:9 (+1crit) 2dmg

Boulder 48/50

((OOC- accidentally used the wrong link on another roll so I had to reroll I got a ten on the other roll lol))

Edited by Zuekin

Apparently Zuekin was hoping Vigilon knew about a unique skill that has to do with the Martial Arts skill. The two players finished the trek up the mountain, and Zuekin spoke with the quest giving NPC. Unlike when Vigilon was taking the quest, the NPC was silent this time. Oh well. Zuekin walked up to the boulder, the quest target, and after a moment, he struck it with his fist. Not too bad of a hit, Vigilon noticed. "Yeah, it's not as hard as it looks, but it can get long and tedious when done alone. Nice strike, by the way." Vigilon examined the boulder for a minute or two, then found a nice spot to create a weak spot. "Chances are," He said as he readied his fist. "You can get much farther than you think you will." He then struck the boulder, causing cracks to appear in it. The single crack started in the middle, but went three directions, two of them splitting into smaller cracks, the third one remained a small crack. "And you may find yourself able to pull off this much damage on a solid surface with but a single punch." He gestured to the crack, and finished his explanation with, "That could be your skill one day. Maybe even stronger. We all just have to start somewhere."

@Zuekin

ID# 113545 BD: 7(hit), dealt base damage

Target Status:

Boulder: 35/50

Edited by Vigilon

"yeah I can't imagine how long it would take to beat this quest by myself" he looked back and forth at his attack and Vigilons' "actually I can it would probably take all day" he said with a small laugh at his little bit of humor. When Vigilon attacked the boulder he left a good amount of cracks in the once smooth surface of the rock "yeah I want to be able to do even more damage than that I've always pushed my body to its limits and I want to find it's limit in here and then break through it but I first need this skill" Walking back up to his place at the boulder where he had struck it previously he drew back his fist aiming for the center of the crack he had made hoping it would do more damage "and this is where I'm going to start my journey to the top" he then struck the giant rock the crack he had made began to spider web in all directions for each about an inch in length "your up" and he stepped out of the way for Vigilon.

@Vigilon

Spoiler

D# 113547 BD:9 (+1crit) 2dmg

Boulder: 33/50

Edited by Zuekin

"You want to break the limit?" Vigilon asked with a smirk. "I've seen a few examples of the limit being broken, in terms of real life standards. To be honest, there was this one guy who mistook me for an enemy(I was disguised at the time, 'cause I was trying to infiltrate a recruitment for a malevolent Guild in order to gather information), and he completely bashed me into the wall, and it even disrupted the whole 'immortal object' thing, damaging the wall, and leaving a body-shaped dent in said wall...cause I was in it. ...So, yeah, those who practice their physical strength just enough can pull off some real crazy stuff." When it was Vigilon's turn to strike, he looked at the boulder's condition. He found a good spot to strike, right above the spot between the two sets of cracks. He struck the boulder hard, and the crack that appeared barely touched the other sets of cracks, and now the three sets of cracks were starting to look like a web of cracks. "I think we're getting close." 

@Zuekin

ID# 113562 BD: 10(Critical, +2 Base DMG)

Target Status:

Boulder: 18/50

Edited by Vigilon

"That does sound pretty cool but that's not what I meant, I found out I little while ago that the only way to break your limits in this world is with unique skills the difference in power between someone with one and someone without one is so vast that you can't ignore it." He knew that was the truth and it was undeniable he had heard so much about them and how much damage some of them could dish out and some that could tank hits that would normally force you to teleport out, and then of course there was the way the game selected who received the skills he had heard that alot of people that got them where either bad people or died by the hands of bad guys. "I know there's a big risk of player killers targeting you and your usually singled out because of it but that doesn't matter to me if I was given a the choice I would take it" he took a deep breath and walked up to the Boulder and readied his attack "not because it would help me but it would allow me to help others" he let his fist fly into the rock but the hard surface wouldn't yield and resulted no damage being dealt "but that's just my wish to become the best to help the rest"

@Vigilon

Spoiler

ID# 113569 BD:2+2=4(miss)

Boulder: 18/50

Edited by Zuekin

(OOC: By the way the boulder has a -2 to it's EVA[which makes sense, 'cause it's a stationary object])

"Oh, so you meant the stat based limits, not the physics based limits. Ok... Well, in that case, I doubt that a unique skill would shatter the limit. The undeniable truth is that there will always be someone better than you. It's impossible to have more than one unique skill, for one. This game threw in unique skills and the exclusive abilities they offer, but the game's system won't allow for one player to...basically become God. Whether good intentions or not, an OP player in terms of maximized stats or skills would be bad for multiple reasons. Sure, this is a death game that has already killed so many, but that doesn't change the fact that a fair balance would be better than turning a select few players into immortals. However, from what I've seen and heard, the major boss fights aren't messing around anymore..." Vigilon explained as he watched Zuekin strike the boulder and fail to damage it. "I understand that you want to become powerful so that others don't have to live in fear, but since one can't become OP, we as players have to unite and work together. Ever wondered why this game has Guilds?" He walked over to where Zuekin struck the boulder. "I'll go and try weakening it for you." He slammed his fist onto the boulder, but to no avail. That one spot remained intact. "Huh, I wasn't expecting that...maybe we should try a different spot."

@Zuekin

ID# 113573 BD: 2+3(Accuracy enhancement[1]/boulder's evasion debuff[2])=5(Still miss)

Target Status:

Boulder: 18/50

Edited by Vigilon