[F02- PP] Catching Up with a Friend<<Long Live the Queen>> w/ Katagawa

Log Entry XX (yes I know I haven't counted them yet and yes i'm still going to do this)

I realize that I haven't seen Katagawa in a long while- I guess I have been doing a lot of quests with Mars and Shield up on the higher floors- so I decided to shoot her a message and go meet up with her. We did a couple quests and all in all it was great to be able to catch up with her. 
----------------------------------------
Cosi waited just outside the main settlement on the second floor. There was a quest on this floor that apparently had a good sp reward that he had yet to do and since he was grinding for levels he decided to do it. Also he was waiting for a friend. He hadn't seen that blonde in a while- Guess I've been too busy questing with Mars and Shield- and he knid of felt bad about that. She had been the first player he had met in SAO and she had been the one to do the tutorial quests with him. I hope Kat doesn't hate me for leaving her in the dust.
@Katagawa

Having just recently gotten back from helping out another player on the first floor, Hokori realized that she had a message in her inbox. She was a little bit embarrassed that she had left it ignored for a while now. Seeing it was from Cosi, she quickly opened it up. It seemed he wanted to go take on the queen on the second floor. She couldn't remember if she had taken it on already, but did know a bit about it from the information brokers that stopped by. Thankfully, it was one of those free sample kind of info bits, so she had still yet to pay for the information. It was strange how people would nearly extort players for this info, though the world still had turn apparently. Regardless, she knew that if Cosi had been doing anything at all while he was silent to her, he would be able to take it on quite handily.

@Cosi

Cosi sat on a stone fence just outside Urbus, the second floor's main city, scratching the green head of the large boa coiled around his neck, and waited for Katagawa. Ladon was asleep of course and Cosi's new hammer, Inbrunst, rested against the stone wall its reinforced handle well within reach. I wonder how Kat's doing? Hopefully good. It has been a while. The platinum blonde looked down the road to see a lone figure approaching. They weren't too familiar until they had gotten closer. It was definitely Katagawa though she looked a little different. She changed her hair. It was shorter and a silver white color. Cosi shrugged, stood up, grabbed his hammer, and gave Katagawa a friendly wave. "Kat! How's it going?" Cosi moved towards his friend. He looked complete different. Not only did he have a giant snake around his neck and a two handed war hammer but gone was the kite shield and the heavy half plate. Instead he had simple steel sabatons, minimalist leather armor beneath a grey cloak that was clasped with a rough hew diamond shaped like an eye. 

@Katagawa

It wasn't long before Hokori ran into Cosi. He certainly wasn't doing much to hide his presence, not like he could with that giant snake around his neck. It seemed that she wasn't the only person to go through a bit of a change to their appearance. Seeing that he had also respecced his gear, It made her realize she still was thinking about doing that herself. There was so little that she actually enjoyed about what she was doing. What she wanted was to be able to reduce the hits taken, but she needed the funds to actually reset herself. "Not doing too bad. I see you've been quite busy lately. What all have you been up to?" It was true she hadn't been doing much, but at least she was making sure to bolster up some of the lower level players and guide them safely into the range they could take things on for themselves. Didn't matter what her power was. It mostyly mattered that everyone made it out of this game. Or at least, as many people as possible made it out of this game.

@Cosi

Cosi grinned and extended a hand as soon as he got close, "that's good and yeah I have been busy. First of all I got my familiar, Ladon." Cosi scratched the sleeping snake's head, and continued talking, "and then I redid all my skills so now I've got this." Cosi hefted his war hammer Inbrunst and spun it around a couple times. "So yeah... other then that I've been going on lots of quests with Mars and Shield. They're some higher level players. Shield's a front line tank actually. so yeah.. That's what I've been up to." Cosi smiled and rested his war hammer on his shoulder. "Anyways I found a quest on this floor that I haven't done that has a pretty good sp reward. You want to come with?" As Cosi waited for Kat's answer he strapped his two handed hammer onto his back and then he began to check all of his gear. The fight wouldn't be a hard one but it didn't hurt to be prepared.

@Katagawa

Cosi talked about what he had been doing in all this time, and Hokori just nodded towards him. It wasn't much, but he had definitely pulled ahead of her. It was a little sad to see she had been so incredibly outpaced, but it was the price she paid for mostly just helping newer players out. "I'll hopefully be able to respec my skills here as well. I'm not sure where to go, but I know that I'll be wanting something besides this heavy armor. As much as it may protect me, it feels so impractical." Once Cosi offered to go on the quest with her, she nodded her head. "Getting something to actually fight would be nice. I can't tell you how many times I've just been going against the basic boars on this floor to defend new players. You'd think the developers of this game would've made theem a little bit easier to fight." At least no one had died on her yet. Though for how long that would keep up she had no idea.

@Cosi

Action: Ultimate Breaker [-3 EN]
ID# 110051- BD: 5+3=8- Hit: 8*3= 24 dmg

[H:1] Cosi- Hp400/400 | 37/40 | 8 DMG | MIT 18 | ACC 3 |
[H: 0] Katagawa- ???

Wasp Queen- Hp26/50 | 20 DMG | 

Finding the field boss wasn't too hard. Cosi had been standing close by where it usually spawned to save time. Cosi walked out into the open field with Katagawa close behind him. The Wasp Queen spawned in soon, buzzing to life. Simply put the field boss was a giant bee queen, all black and yellow, sharp stinger, creepy looking legs. All that good stuff. Cosi hefted Inbrunst and prepared to charge, "Alright Kat. This fight shouldn't be too hard at all. We're both tanks so we can take the damage. So just hit the queen with all you've got and this will be over soon." And with that Cosi's war hammer would glow with a emerald green light as he activated his Ultimate Breaker sword art and Cosi charged the massive wasp. Cosi swung his hammer in three powerful strokes, each one's momentum leading into the other. The wasp queen buzzed angrily as all the hits connected, dropping her health total to nearly half. Cosi jumped back, "Kat! You're up!"

@Katagawa

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/5/2018 at 2:49 PM, Cosi said:

Roll ID: #110562

BD: 2 + 1 = 3 - miss (-2 EN)

[H:1] Cosi- Hp400/400 | 37/40 | 8 DMG | MIT 18 | ACC 3 |
[H: 0] Katagawa- 240/240 HP | 22/24 EN | 6 DMG | 18 THN | 17 MIT | 1 ACC | 9-10 PARA

Wasp Queen- Hp26/50 | 20 DMG | 

Hokori just nodded along with Cosi as they prepared to face the creature. There was a lot more that they would need to catch up on, but who knew if they would ever get back as close as they once were. It was strange looking on him like this, but she shook her head and prepared to attack the beast. It was moving around a bit faster than she remembered last time, and her blade only caught air. Stepping back a little bit, Hokori decided it would just be best to let Cosi fight the thing. He would be able to take it down much more handily if she wasn't hindering him. Once more her ambition to try and circumvent the system had slowed her down. Perhaps she should change up her tactics to make sure that she stopped falling so far behind the others. Either that or just make sure to continue to serve as the faithful back line should the front liners ever face a wipeout of members.

@Cosi

Action: Ultimate Breaker [-3 EN]
ID# 110618- BD: 4+3= 7- Hit: 8*3= 24 dmg

[H:2] Cosi- Hp398/400 | EN 35/40 | 8 DMG | MIT 18 | ACC 3 |
[H: 0] Katagawa- 240/240 HP | 22/24 EN | 6 DMG | 18 THN | 17 MIT | 1 ACC | 9-10 PARA

Wasp Queen- Hp: 2/50 | 20 DMG | ID# 110618- MD: 8- Hit: 20-18= 2 dmg

Katagawa missed the wasp queen, so Cosi Cosi quickly covered for her, charging straight at the mob. once within range he wound up his war hammer and swung the massive thing at the bee. His first strike hit but the blonde player didn't stop there. Cosi lay into the queen bee swinging Inbrunst in powerful sweeping strokes. He connected twice more and watched as the wasp queen's health dropped down to practically nothing. Cosi grinned and looked over to Kat. "You're up. Finish it." But as he looked towards his companion the massive insect flew towards him and stuck with its stinger. Cosi tried to side step the attack but he was just a tad too slow. The stinger managed to slip past Ladon's scales and struck Cosi's exposed flesh. The blonde tank jumped out of reach and checked his health. "Only a scratch is that the best you can do?" Cosi shouted at the bee, keeping its attention on him so Kat could get the killing blow. 
@Katagawa

On 12/19/2018 at 12:26 AM, Cosi said:

Roll ID: #110724

BD: 4 + 1 = 5 + 1 = 6 - hit (killing blow) [Concentration used]

[H:2] Cosi- Hp398/400 | EN 35/40 | 8 DMG | MIT 18 | ACC 3 |
[H: 1] Katagawa- 240/240 HP | 19/24 EN | 6 DMG | 18 THN | 17 MIT | 1 ACC | 9-10 PARA

Wasp Queen- Hp: 0/50 | 20 DMG

Hokori watched as Cosi was able to bring the insect down to its knees, or at least as close to knees as one could bring an insect to. As he backed up, she prepared an attack of her own. She lept up into the air and began spinning vertically through it. As she fell through the air, she drew the blade as close as she could to speed herself up with angular momentum. As soon as she came into contact with the slowed down Wasp Queen, she tore through it. There was barely a shread of effect left when Hokori landed on the ground. It was still not the best of landings, but it was better than she had expected. At least this time she managed to stay up. "I think that may have been a little bit of overkill. At least there's no energy wasted as this is our only enemy."

@Cosi