[F1-PP] Getting the Gang Together

Kataware finished pasting up the posters that she had created, very plain, straight to the point. A call to action. Kataware needed to find a party for what she was planning on doing. After all, there’s been rumors circulating of a player from long ago called “Shark” being newly sighted on Floor 5 after disappearing so many months ago. Apparently, the man was somewhat strong for his time and had made a legend for himself. Kataware wanted to bring the man back into the spotlight. But that would take some time.

Kataware needed to prepare if the rumor was true. Get the man up to date with what’s been happening, and also make sure that no one got hurt on this excursion. She’d need a party as the Fifth Floor was uncharted territory for her, and apparently the mobs were a bit too strong for her to handle by herself. She turned away from the bulletin board, walking away, the poster behind her.

Spoiler

Looking for an old frontliner to bring into the spotlight once more.

Need a party of four, discussion can be had at future site of “The Horizon” located on the First Floor.

When the players would arrive to the Horizon, they would find a shop within the business district with an unfinished exterior. The visual effect of being able to walk through the wall forever was far from finished, seeing as how it there appeared to be artisan tape to guide the paint. The interior was no better, in fact, they would only see Kataware wearing a white blouse, black blazer, and black slacks waiting with three empty seats around her. Within the middle of the seats, there was a table with some elaborate plans laid out.

@Akariah@Kirbs@tricolor_mina

Edited by Kataware
welp

The winter chill made itself known as Casper stepped out of the warm shop behind him and onto the wet cobblestone streets. In his arms was a freshly-baked loaf of bread that he clutched tightly to himself, his free hand positioning his scarf over his face as the breeze bit it unpleasantly. It was one of the coldest days in the Town of Beginnings and although Casper wore his long, hooded coat, wet from the continual rain, the weather was more than apparent. Breaking the bread into two equal pieces, he continued to walk as he sought shelter from the cold.

Casper had always wanted to see snowfall, but he soon learned that the First Floor offered no such thing; all it had was nothing but cold, miserable rain. He had promised an old friend that they would see it together, but no such opportunity ever presented itself. He was comfortable here, and content with his life, though that doesn't extinguish his curiosity for what was beyond. He finished eating as he walked and, without hesitation, stuck his hands inside the hollowed-out bread. The warmth was immediate, relieving and Casper hummed as he wore his new mittens. His hands were warm, and it was a temporary pleasure to have.

His newfound comfort was shortlived, however, as he slipped and dropped one of the pieces onto the dirty wet ground below. "Damn!" he hissed as he bent down to pick it back up before something caught his eye. He turned and saw a bulletin board resting quietly, faint lights illuminating it. He grabbed the bread as he read the posters and came upon one that was plain and nondescript speaking about the Fifth Floor. 

That was the desert, he thought as he stepped closer to the board. He pondered for a moment before snatching one of the posters that were posted. The desert offered the warmth that he wished for, and if there were to be a party involved and coins to be had then there was no better time than to take a little trip to escape the winter. Casper continued reading before heading back the way he came, towards the site described. He knew the streets well and it was across the entire city. Nothing was going to stop him from finally getting out of this damned place.

Casper walked briskly onwards, shoving the bread back over his hand.

@Kataware @Kirbs @tricolor_mina

Edited by Akariah
Minor grammatical and format alterations.
  • 4 weeks later...

Mina stepped off of the teleport pad, and out into the main town, a tired look in her eyes. She was wearing her new cloak, Crimson rose, and walked over to what looked to be the local help wanted poster board. every so often, there would be mention of a somewhat powerful low-leveled player would start causing issues, and request help from someone who actually had fighting experience to stop them from harassing everyone. She had taken one at some point with someone she had befriended a few months ago. Rosario, a friendly green-haired player that had a strange looking dragon as a familiar. She had a tendency to travel with her fairly often, though today was different as he had decided to travel to a different floor on his own to take on a quest. If she wasn't mistaken, it had been <<Avalanche>>. It was a lot of fun to be quite honest, and she enjoyed bringing the bad guys down with the player. She looked over the board, and noticed one about the Army, a scoff escaping her throat. "Naa... that lot needs to learn some manners, they act like spoiled children harassing these poor people..." she shook her head before looking over the rest of the requests, a bored look on her face... that is, until she noticed a request about bringing back a veteran player that had gone into hiding on floor five. 'floor five huh... I think I could handle this to be honest' judging by the place written on the posted message, the player that had written the message was still in the area. "Jeez... I guess I ought to go ahead and meet up with this kid, I suppose..." she pulled her hood up on her cloak, smirking to herself. She had custom ordered a cloak like this because it partially seemed to block her face from view. She walked down the street, and walked towards the bar, a bored look on her face. She eventually entered the building, and walked through the door, looking around the bar for the person who gave out the quest... before sweat-dropping at the sight of a relatively young woman leaning over a set of elaborate looking plans. "Three guesses says that she's the one who posted the message..." she muttered quietly, before approaching the table and sitting down at one of the empty seats.

Spoiler

d0b0d40f30e97ef59fb4aa2ff3821497.jpg

Mina's outfit ^^

@Kirbs@Kataware@Akariah

Edited by tricolor_mina

Kirbs shoved her hands into the pockets of her jacket. The day had been boring, abnormally boring, in fact. She had pretty much spent more than half of the time just lingering around floor one and its forests, trying to catch up on materials for her shop. Right about now, she was desperate enough to do whatever kind of shenanigans that the universe offered her. 

She found herself looking at an unfamiliar bulletin board. Dozens of papers hung off from it, but one seemed to have caught her eye. “Old frontliner, huh?” She scratched her chin as she read the print out loud. “This sounds interesting. What do you think, Scarfy?” She turned to her familiar who was pooped around her neck. I think my neck is going to be sore after this, she noted to herself as she also took note of her familiar’s oddly blank face. “Sounds good enough for me, let’s go!” Kirbs grinned, dashing off to wherever this ‘The Horizon’ place was.

Kirbs shoved the door to The Horizon open. The shop itself was bland and seemed almost as boring as her day had been so far. She scanned the room, and her eyes lit up. “Is that a wild Kat, I see?” She bounded over to her friend. “My, my. So you’re the one who set this thing up? I’ll say, I’m impressed. I didn’t see you to be a girl who went after this sort of stuff.” She grinned, plopping herself down on a vacant seat.

@tricolor_mina @Kataware @Akariah

Edited by Kirbs
  • 2 weeks later...

Kataware watched as an older woman about the same height as her and wearing a more revealing outfit sat down next to her quickly followed by a face and voice very familiar. She offered a handshake to the older woman and hugged Kirbs. “Nice to see you again, but do I really not seem like the type of person to do this?” Kataware gestured towards the various plans strewn about. “I thought it came across clear that I’m someone to plan thoroughly before engaging in something.”

However, Kataware noticed that there was still an empty seat around the table. Hopefully someone arrives soon. In the meantime though, Kataware procured two glasses of water and offered it to the two other girls. “Please, make yourself comfortable. I’m planning on waiting a few minutes before I begin to discuss plans and strategies just in case someone else shows up. I’d rather not repeat myself if possible.”

@Akariah @tricolor_mina @Kirbs

By the time he reached the district where the shop was located, the bread that covered Casper's hands were already soaked and rendered inedible. Here, businesses were abundant, with multi-coloured banners and canopies scattered throughout the buildings framing the streets. Usually, the business district was heavily populated with vendors and consumers, the streets bustling with life. Though now, only the faint light behind stained glass comforted him with the promise of company and grounded him to reality within the otherwise empty street. This place was still the business district; this place was still the essence of the city.

Walking with purpose, Casper soon found his destination: a small, unattractive storefront with the faint designation "The Horizon" painted above the front door, or rather what he surmised was the front entrance. The building itself was unexciting, though he could already hear muffled voices coming from the space within. Whoever decided to join this quest were already here, he thought. Standing there in the rain, Casper inhaled and exhaled deeply before entering the shop, the pieces of bread laying quietly on the shiny cobblestone below.

Entering the room, he was surprised to see the three other women awaiting him at the table though shown none of it. "Evening," he said matter-of-factly. Casper's eyes slowly found themselves at the plans strewn across the table, three glasses standing over everything else. "I'm sorry that I've come a bit late but it seems as though I have come at the right time? Have you already begun discussing this.. little adventure?" Casper, grabbing a chair and sitting down with its back facing the table, crossed his arms in front of him as he watched the others closely, inquisitively, warily.

@tricolor_mina @Kirbs @Kataware

Edited by Akariah
  • 1 month later...

(OOC: Sorry for taking so long ^^;)

Mina kept her eyes trained on the two girls sitting nearby, and simply took to studying their appearances. the pink haired girl seemed to be quite friendly with the owner of the shop, which interested her a bit. She faintly understood that she was meant to know her, but couldn't place a name to the familiar face. Mina looked up as the door seemed to be pushed open by a man who was holding a piece of soggy bread in his hand. 'Naa... he didn't place it in his inventory?' she thought confusedly, 'What a waste of perfectly good bread! Such a shame... I wonder if they would mind if I brought out something of my own..?' Mina quietly began fiddling with her inventory before she found a small bottle of ale that she had tucked within her inventory. It was fairly easy to grab them from local cooks or bars, and they were also pretty cheap in comparison to the full-sized bottles. Granted, they tasted bad most of the time, but they were still worth the purchase she supposed. She downed the rest of the water, before breaking the seal on the bottle, and downed about half of it in one go. "Naa... you might wanna shove that in your inventory before the durability goes away, otherwise you'll have wasted your money." she said, quietly gesturing at the loaf with her bottle. "And as for the meeting having started already, don't worry too much. we were waiting for another person anyways. Just chill for a minute while they get the talking out of their system."

@Kirbs

• 3 weeks later...

Kirbs pushed a strand of red hair behind her ear and gave a light shrug while still holding her genuine smile. "Not that part, silly," she said, rolling her eyes jokingly. "I meant the part where you actually put a post on the board thing-a-majig." The player shrugged once again, glancing over at the various documents strewn across the table. "No offence, mate, but you honestly don't give off that social vibe. Although, you're not really the type to be hiding in a dark corner so I'll give you that." She let out a small laugh and placed her barely touched glass of water back on the table. "It really is nice to see you again. God, it feels like it's been ages. I have to fill you in on a lot of things since the last time I saw you!" The girl beamed excitedly, a small sparkle lighting up in her eyes.

Just as she was about to reply to Kat, she quickly realized that someone else was at the table with them. Whirling to face the unique player, she put on a quick grin. "Nice to meet you, by the way. My name is Kirbs." The idea of meeting new people both thrilled and worried her. She didn't know if she could trust these people. They could just be murderers in disguise for all she knew. She brushed off the ridiculous thoughts with a sigh just as another person entered the room. She whipped her head to see yet another player she didn't know. She flashed him a grin and clapped her hands together excitedly. "Well, this is going to be exciting."

@Kataware