[F2-PP] After All This Time

After all this time searching for the player that's been described to her, Kataware saw the player pop right in front of her. The black hair, the somewhat gentle face, and the light blue eyes, it didn't appear the same as people have described it. The frontliner that's recently gone missing, the guild member that's recently gone missing too, the player with the black cat who went missing after they defeated the minotaur. And the only explanation of why it happened appeared right in front of Kataware. The orange cursor.

Kataware looked at Pinball, noticing the situation he might have just drawn himself into. Urbus was considered a safe zone, and Kataware planned a mental map on how to make sure Pinball didn't get into trouble. After all, this time Kataware wouldn't lose one of the players she's been hunting down. Kataware grabbed Pinball’s wrist and said in a hushed tone, ”Don’t draw attention and avoid guards for now. Questions later. You’ll be safe.”

@Pinball

Pinball burst into being in a flash of blue light. One second he had been fighting in a clearing. The other he was standing in the middle of a road. Suffice to say, he wasn't in a good state of mind - so when a girl who was quite smaller than he was grabbed his wrist and pulled him forward, he didn't react well. "What the [censored]?!
Pinball yanked his hand free, looking up and down the street. It was mostly empty. He still felt his heart beating fast in his chest. Questions later, but he still had plenty running rampant in his mind - who the hell was this girl? Why did she want to pull him away when he had an orange cursor? He made up his mind, then. He had to get out of here, but making a run for the teleporter immediately probably wasn't a great idea. 
He nodded. "Okay, okay, okay," he said hurriedly, "let's go, let's go.
He had to show her why he couldn't be trusted. 

Kataware led Pinball down the empty street, checking around the corners to make sure there were no guards. Her time was going to start running out as the guards were probably going to be barreling at them any second. She had a plan, but how willing was she to risk it?

Kataware was aware of what she would be implicated with if she was found with Pinball. However, that didn’t matter to her. She kept turning around to make sure Pinball never left her. To Kataware, making sure Pinball was safe was the priority at this moment.

A storm was coming. The low rumble of metal clinking against each other as the guards moved up and down. It was only a matter of time before the guards were to reach their location. Kataware looked around, and disconnected herself from her body for a second. She thought about every possibility. She almost had no choice.

Kataware didn’t have time to explain again, and instinctively grabbed Pinball’s hand and led him down yet another alleyway. The only flooring was mud and at the end of the alley was a shack. It looked like someone’s attempt to create a makeshift housing, a poor one at that. But it would suffice. Kataware stayed at the entrance of the alley, making sure no guards came through. “Pinball, you’ll be safe. No one’s coming through here while I’m here with you. Just tell me what happened since the floor boss.”

@Pinball

She kept looking back at him, making sure he was following. Why? He was putting her in danger. It shouldn't concern her. 
Pinball felt an unpleasant throb in his head, and a voice - his, but not quite - rang out sharp and clear. 
You've gotta make sure she understands who she's dealing with. 
Shut up. 
Pinball trailed after her, his head on a swivel. He looked this way and that, making sure nobody was following them - but if they were being watched, then Pinball was making the whole progression look really suspicious. His heartbeat, which was pounding hard and loud against his chest not too long ago, was already dying down as they ducked into the alleyway. 
Pinball, you’ll be safe. No one’s coming through here while I’m here with you. Just tell me what happened since the floor boss.
Pinball snorted, and for once - for it only happened on super rare occasions - the cynic in him was brought to light. There was no hint of nervousness or self-doubt in the usually anxious boy's voice now. "Yeah, and are you?
He shook his head. "Who the hell are you?

Katware turned her head towards Pinball with a blank expression. Her first time receiving a death threat in SAO, but not necessarily the first time in her life, each time baseless. The thought though that she could die without anyone knowing her exact cause of death (as she knew no one in the game) made her think, but it didn’t bother her much. After all, a death was a death. “I’m as safe as you are right now.”

Kataware headed towards the shack and opened the door, inside was enough space for one person’s living quarters, two if you tried hard enough. There was some drawings on the walls from past inhabitants, and there was a makeshift nightstand from a log, but nothing that could be considered furniture. Kataware motioned for Pinball. “Come.”

Kataware pulled down her hood on her green parka and unzipped the front revealing a white blouse. Wearing the parka for her more casual outfit has become a habit of hers now, ever since she visited the Fourth Floor more recently. It just feels more comfy. Kataware sat down on the ground inside of the shack, expecting Pinball to enter as well, and spoke absentmindedly. “My name’s Kataware, I’ve been looking for you for a long time. Same with a player known as Shark.” Kataware wasn’t going to divulge much information outside of this situation, but she wanted to ensure that Pinball didn’t think she was hunting orange players or, more specifically, him.

Kataware’s usual, courteous smile was no where on her face. It was time for business, not customer service, and that meant being blunt about things. “You’ll have to explain everything to me if you want any chance of going anywhere. I can also provide protection for you.” Kataware stood up and put her back against the wall and bent her leg, resting it against the wall. “I’ll throw some people off, give them a set amount of floors it’ll take them lengths of time to check for you.” A bit less than the normal kindness she had, but she had some information she needed to extract and make sure that they each had enough time. After all, Kataware could still hear the guards looking for them. It wasn’t a matter of if they were found, it was a matter of when. And when it came down to it, she was more than willing to take her last resort and execute it.

@Pinball

Edited by Kataware
So you can actually read

Pinball followed the girl through the suspicious alleyway and into the suspicious house with the suspicious interior. He looked blankly at the player who had dragged him through the city to bring him here. "You've been looking for me," he echoed, looking at her with a strange expression. Shark? I've never heard of that name before. His head tilted slightly to the side, and he gave her another quizzical stare before she continued explaining herself. 
She asked him to explain everything, and Pinball felt his heart stop for a second. "I- I can't do that," he mumbled. He felt his hands start to shake, and he remembered full well then the extent of the crimes he had just recently committed. He shook his head. "No, no, no," he said over and over again. He turned around, reaching for the door. "I can't do that. I shouldn't... I'm sorry, I can't be here. I have to go. I'm sorry." 
He turned back to her. "I'm... I'm a bad person, and I've... I've done bad things." It hurt him deeply to add this next part, especially after what had just happened, but he knew it was a necessary warning.
"And if... if you keep trying to track me down, I'll probably do them again."
He pushed forward. He had to get as far away from here as he could. Quickly. Away from everyone - away from everything. He paused again. 
"I'm sorry. I really, really am."

Kataware rushed to the doorway and pushed Pinball back to the interior, not letting him outside of the shack. Not letting him out of her sights. Not just yet. "Pinball, when I said no one. I meant no one. Not even you. At least, not yet." Kataware intended to use up all of the time they both had. Sooner or later the guards were going to reach here, seeing as Pinball was still inside of a safezone.

Kataware equipped her armor to give her the appearance of being stronger than she really was. Although, her eyes probably told everything. She was afraid. This was her only opportunity to help Pinball, and she didn't want it to go away. The guards would have to go through her to get to Pinball. And she was willing to do everything for that. Even if it meant becoming orange.

"Let's start over, " Kataware relaxed, her figure and armor blocking the doorway. It'll be easier to protect him too. "My name's Kataware." She soon realized that Pinball might not recognize her, mainly from their short interaction. She was one of the few people who easily recalled faces and names. "Let me help." The sound of the guards running around began getting louder and louder. Escape was going to become impossible, she took out her dagger and her back now faced Pinball ready to face any guards that came through the alley.

The sky grew darker as clouds passed over and it began to pour. Kataware gripped the dagger in her right hand. For the first time, she was afraid for what was going to happen. It frightened the small girl. "Please."

@Pinball

This was a disgusting situation. It made Pinball's nose wrinkle. Did she not understand? He had taken somebody's life. Somebody who didn't entirely deserve that fate. Destroyed it. 
Pinball felt something he hadn't felt since that morning. Not the sadness or the suppressed enjoyment he had felt while fighting mobs or Dustin, but the pure, unadulterated anger and eager willingness to hurt he had felt when he fought and killed Sugutsuya. He drew his sword, knowing damn well it'd be harder to fight off a group. Impossible, really. There was no winning against those guys. He knew what Mars would want him to do. Kick the girl forward and let her meet her fate. If she had a death wish, then that was her problem - he should take advantage of the situation and run away. But Pinball wasn't like that - not yet. He gripped the girl's shoulder, and with all his strength pushed her off to the side. 
"Back the hell off," he snarled. And then he charged down the alley. 
He was a blur, and he activated his Charge skill to increase that rapid velocity. He came to a skidding stop near the group of them. "''Hello~!" And then, without missing a beat, whirled around and took off down the street - to the outskirts of the Safe Zone. He couldn't fight them, but he'd lead them away, and make his escape in the woods. There was no fighting guards. So he put that anger and adrenaline to use in aiding his escape. 
It was going to be a hell of a lot harder sneaking into town after this. But he didn't look back. 

Kataware was already unequipping her armor to chase after Pinball. Her plan was always to be right behind Pinball and she could barely just keep up the pace alongside Pinball's charge skill. Kataware wasn't going to let go of the orange player already. She pushed aside the guards and actually used them to propel herself forward bit by bit. Each guard yelled out the same thing in the same voice. "What are you doing? Get out of the way!" I hate this game...

Kataware kept running, trying to chase after Pinball. After all, if they wanted to clear this game, it would have to take every single one of them. Only those who never wanted to leave could be imprisoned. Kataware rushed towards Pinball and tackled the boy. They rolled down the mountain, Kataware wasn't going to let go of Pinball. As they stopped, Kataware inned down Pinball (although she wasn't strong enough to stop him from getting up) and stared him into the eye. "Congratulations! Everyone's made mistakes. Now, if you're not going to listen to me, at least try to avoid floors 5, 9, 14, and 16. I can at least try to distract the people chasing you." Kataware took one hand off of Pinball's arm and sent the boy a friend request. "Now accept it. If you're gonna leave again, you can at least message me."

@Pinball

Pinball saw her coming, turned... and was tackled. The two rolled down the mountain like out of a crappy comedy movie, along with the bumps and ledges and rocks and fallen trees they rolled over and hit on the way down. When they finally hit a final stop, Kataware had pinned him down, and was staring him in the eyes. Pinball met hers with a glare that broke into a worried expression (though he just as quickly hid that worriedness). She told him her plan, and let one of his arms up. Pinball was way stronger than her. It probably wouldn't be too much of an issue when it came to lifting her - he could probably launch her flying across the clearing if he just planted his boot the right way. But he made no attempt to resist her hold. He didn't get it. He didn't understand. Sure, everyone makes mistakes, but this wasn't one - this was a murder, and that was a lot worse than forgetting to close the fridge door. But when he got the friend request, he felt his heart drop. He couldn't refuse her. Not like this. Pinball nodded, slowly, and then grumbled as he clicked accept, "I pray to God you don't go hunting down anyone else like this."

Kataware was surprised to see a sudden expression of worriness on the boy. After all, it wasn't him who was in danger here. Kataware accepted all the risks and wasn't willing to come back without any sort of reward. At any time, Kataware could've been killed, but she wasn't. Kataware whispered under her breath, barely audible to even herself. "I knew and know there's still some hope for you." Kataware got off of Pinball and lend her hand to help the boy up. "I'm doing whatever it takes."

Kataware took out the notebook and thumbed through the pages until she found the page on Pinball. She held reservations against Pinball, of course, after all the Monument of Life spoke bounds.Pinball had killed Sugutsuya, but Kataware didn’t know the circumstances. There were no documentation on what the Reason for Death is when a green player killed an orange player. Until then, Kataware held out all reservations. And if Pinball was a player killer and thus his cursor turned orange, then so be it. “More now than ever, people need to work together.”

@Pinball

Kataware stood, and offered Pinball a hand up - which, after a moment's hesitation, Pinball took. He pulled himself up, careful to make sure that he lifted most of his own body weight. "Yeah, but you shouldn't be, kid," he grumbled. He looked at her then, defeated but still a bit upset. She shouldn't be allowed to do this. If it hadn't been him, she might've gotten killed. "H-hey," he said, "don't- don't do this kind of thing anymore." His anger was fading, and he was quickly becoming the same, shyer, more nervous boy he used to be, though unbeknownst to him. He glared at her, and as seriously as he could, said, "You're going to get yourself killed. Dead. Game over. Forever." He shook his head, whirling around. "Blehh, whatever." He started climbing the steep incline they had tumbled down together. "Whatever, whatever, whatever... nobody values life in this sh*thole of a game," he grumbled to himself as he climbed.