[ SP - F05 ] Take Two? <<Feeding the Enemy>>

Kirbs sniffed as she threw the pouch up and down.  This all seems very, very nostalgic.  She sighed and shook her head. No, that pest isn't here this time. I won't have any distractions this time! She huffed, shoving a sushi roll down her mouth. Me, Evelyn Itchii Evans, will get a bloody familiar even if it's the last thing I bloody do!  She puffed out her chest and continued walking out of the safe zone. Only did she then realize how bloody hot it was. Right, floor five. Uh, why am I here again? Why the fifth floor of all places? It's too hot! She fanned herself with her hands. Oh, god. I am definitely not going to last long in this stupid heat! Of all floors... you did it again, Evelyn! Well, it's too late to go back now, she turned around and looked at the settlement. Yeah, too late! She spun around and whistled her way out of the town.

-Super Lucky Sushi Roll - +3 LD

Edited by Kirbs

She rubbed her temples away of sweat and groaned. It's barely been two minutes! How am I going to find a bloody familiar like this?!  She shrieked in her head. Shaking her head repeatedly, she just fidgetted with the pouch. I'll just think of something, that'll distract me from the heat! She decided, raking through her brain for something to think of. Ah, I can't think of anything. What about that time I set the church on fire- no. I never really continued the memory of me with Logan and Landon. Okay, let's think about that! She shut her eyes and focused on the memory. Come on, come on, come on! Stupid brain, why can't you think properly? She pounded on the side of her head and groaned. Oh, wait... Yes, it's coming back to me now! Whoop! Let's get straight to the flashback! Now, off to the world of flashbacks!

"So," Logan piped up, leaning further into the table. "Tell us about this ex-boyfriend of yours, hm? Just some background information?" He waggled his eyebrows as he gave a wink towards Landon, who sighed at his hopeless brother. "Just the small things, y'know? Name... age... school... looks... social security number..." Logan trailed off, going into thought.

Evelyn cackled as she nearly spat out her drink. "W-what, no!" She giggled, covering her mouth with her hands. "You guys are so dumb. He's just an ex, okay? I'll be over him in a few days... weeks... months..." She groaned, faceplanting into the table, "years..." Looking up, she looked at her brothers. "Help me! You guys have had relationships before, right, right?" She looked to both of them and frowned. "Tell me what to do!"

"Well," Landon cleared his throat. "The first thing you should do is distract yourself, I think." He thought a minute before groaning as well.

"Look, Ev. I love, darling, but I was absolute crap at relationships!" Landon held up his hands. "Logan is the ladies man!" He exclaimed, poking Logan in the chest. "You should be asking him, not me!"

"Oh, you're not wrong. But you know us, Ev. We're basic players. We know nothing about relationships." Logan gave her a sad smile and shrugged his shoulders. "We really don't know what to tell you. As Landon said, though, try to distract yourself, okay?"

evelyn nodded but didn't make a sound. this is so dumb. Why the hell did Noah ask me out anyway? She took a sip of her tea and sighed. "I guess, thanks? I don't know. I'll keep that advice in mind." She sighed again and looked up at them. "You guys wanna go to the movies or something? I want to distract myself." They both nodded, getting out of their seats at the same time. "Just remember to not tell Ma or Pa, I'll be grounded for life if they found out!"

The twins both exchanged smirks before shrugging their shoulders. "Whatever you say, Ev." Logan grinned, following his sister out of the shop. "We wouldn't dare do anything like that to our dear and beloved-"

"Shut it, charming, I don't want my ears to fall off because of you." She growled, looking back at him. "I swear, if you tell anyone about this, I will bloody kill you-" Her sentence was cut short when she ran into something. Someone. Take it from someone who's run into too many people to count. She groaned and rubbed her head. Looking up, she inwardly gasped. "N-Noah?" She recoiled back between her brothers. "The hell are you doing here, you son of a bastard?!"

Noah tilted his head as he let out a soft chuckle. "What, can't I have some tea at a local cafe? And I couldn't wait to see my girlfriend too. Right, Eva?"

Evelyn recoiled, if not farther into her brothers. "Y-you... you jerk! You're the one who ended our relationship." Both of her brother's eyebrows shot up at that statement. "You... you filthy, lying, scumbag, piece of-" The redhead stopped herself, finding that the air in her lungs had retreated somewhere else. "G-get out of here nowhere. Don't get in my face again." She mewled weakly, tugging on both of her brother's sleeves.

Noah looked at the both of her brothers and his smirk widened. "Oh, did you get over me so quickly? My, my Eva, I didn't know you had it in you, you dirty, little wh-"

Logan's eye twitched as he stepped forward, "you mind finishing that sentence, you bastard?" He grabbed Noah's collar and pulled him up slightly. "If I ever see you badmouthing... no. If I ever see anywhere near my sister again, I'll make sure you won't be saying any more words out of your putrid mouth."

Noah's smirk withered a bit, but his eyes burst with amusement. "Sister, eh? You didn't tell me that your brothers were the famous Logan and Landon Evans, Eva!" He stole a glance at the quivering Evelyn. Turning his head back to Logan, he grinned a Cheshire cat grin. "Like brothers like sister, huh? Gee, I can't believe I ever dated a pathetic scum like Eva here." Logan gripped the boy's collar even tighter, but it only made his smirk bigger. 

Landon pressed his hand on his sister's shoulder. "If you don't bloody shut up, we'll do it for you," he warned, stepping menacingly closer to the outnumbered Noah. "It's two against one, Noah. Get your sorry arse back to the budge you crawled under from and get out of my sisters head," he spat, pushing up his thick-rimmed glasses with a growl. "If you don't want to be a pulp, I'd suggest you leave."

Noah raised his hands with a cocky grin, "all right, man. I won't cross your way again." He stole one last glance back at Eva. "It was nice seeing you, Eva." Logan released his shirt and backed off. "It was an honor meeting the great and almight-"

His remark was cut short when Evelyn launched herself at him, punching him square across the jaw. "You crazy bastard. Call me Eva again and I'll make sure the next one hurts like hell." She poked his chest with a low growl. "I will find you, and I will make it hurt. You'll wish you'd be dead. I'd watch your back, Noah," she sneered, pushing him away. Walking back to her brothers, she couldn't help but chuckle at the amusement and shock plastered on their faces. "What? I've seen enough Jackie Chan movies to know how to punch!" She exclaimed, pushing both of them lightly.

Noah clenched his face as he looked st Evelyn with rage filled eyes. “You crazy b[eep]! I’ll get you back for this. Y-you’ll see!” He stuttered, stepping back a few steps when she gave him a glare. “Evelyn, mark my words; I will make you suffer!” He spat out, scampering off at the end of the sentence, leaving both Evelyn and her brothers for some time to breath.

Once he was out of sight, Evelyn groaned. “Oh my god. Why was his frekin’ face so bony?!” She crowds holding onto her fists. “They’re like bloody bricks,” she whimpered, blowing lightly on her brushed fists. “Is punching always this hard? How are people’s fists not dead?!” She cried, wanting answers. “It’s like, like... I know people can punch all the time and stuff, but got dang!”

Both of her brothers chuckled at her stupidity and Landon’s ruffled up her hair. “You and your antics.”

“What about my bloody antics?” She asked, pouting. “Hey, If you guys weren’t going to do it, who will?” She grinned, rubbing her knuckles one last time. “So are we still going to the movies or no? There’s this one that is supposed to start soon and I really, really want to watch it. If that jerk delayed is, I’ll kick his arse again!” She pounded her first against her palm, flinching from the raw pain.

Logan shook his head and laughed at his sister. “I mean, we could’ve punched him. We would have a better punc too...” he trailed off, slowly changing his gaze from his sister to the floor.

”Pft, nah. I don’t you guys to do everything for me. Plus, I wanted to throw a good punch in there! I’ll learn how to deal with people like him later,” Evelyn giggled, tugging on the sweaters. “Hurry up.”

Kirbs smiled at the memory, yeah, that punc hurt like hell. But it was totally worth it. She wiped the sweat off of her forehead and chuckled to herself. If Logan and Landon could see me now, they would be laughing their arses off. I’m in a virtual dessert that’s like, a bazillion degrees with no or water, trying to find some kind of bloody pet to keep me company while I eat away my sorrows! She threw her hands up in the and sighed. Oh, right. That familiar. What kind of familiars even live in this area? I mean, it’s the dessert, right? There’s bound to be some kind of cool creature thing I can find and be friend. No bugs though! If my familiar turns out to be some kind of giant scorpion, I’m going to kill it! I’m not bloody joking, I will frekin’ kill it! Who wants a bug as their pet?

I hope it looks cool, and that isn’t friendly! Who wants an unfriendly familiar? That’ll do me no good at all if it doesn’t like me! She diverted away from the topic. I don’t want to talk about this, it’s honestly scaring the bajeesus out of me. She tapped her chin as she pondered. What should I think about? Should I complain about the heat more? Yeah, that sounds good. She inhaled sharply. It’s so hott! Stupid Kayaba just had to make a bloody dessert right above a snow ridden floor?! She threw her hands up in exaustion. Every step she took in the sand felt like tiny spiders were crawling into her boots. This makes walking through hot weather in Britain sound easy as pie! I think I’m going to lay down and let the sun beat my body in a bloody pulp. She stopped dead in her tracks and slowly sat down. Can I die from heat stroke?

I mean, no offense virtual sun. But I don’t wanna go down from a bloody heat stroke! I’m better than that! If I were to die, make me battle some giant dragon, and it ate me! Or incinerated me! Something cool! If I die from some measly heat stroke, I’m never forgiving Kayaba! In fact, I’m gonna go haunt him if I die! Thats right, I’ll be a blabbering ghost by his side until he dies. And what’s the best part? I’ll point out to him all the frekin’ design flaws he had in this bloody game! I’ll burst his bloody eardrums! She declared, a small grin spreading across her face. It’s not like he can stop a haunting. He’s smart but he’s that smart! He shall never get rid of me! She cackled, sitting down on the soft but oven baking sand. Okay, so that’s option one... and option two is just that I don’t die.

She clapped her hands together cheerfully. I kind of want to stick with the second one! She fell back onto the sand with a thud and sighed. Can I just hang out here until some random creature crawls up to me or something? That seems fine to me. Less work for me! And I want a friendly familiar, so an unsocial one won’t crawl up to me, right? Wait, what if it wants to kill me! I mean, if his familiar has enough power to kill me, I would see it coming, right? It has to be some kind of big monster to kill me. I swear, if some tiny poisonous scorpion kills me, I’m going to bloody flip out. And option one is not a pretty sight to see, children of the world! I just really hope that this doesn’t end up like last time. Last time was a total buzzkill cause of Dustin, though.

Time for another BLOODY FLASHBACK.

Evelyn presses her hand together as she payed back flat on her bed. It was probably two in the morning right now, but she couldn’t sleep. She had been tossing and turning all night, and she wasn’t sure why. This sucks. I can’t sleep. Was it because of what happened with Noah and the twins? I can’t get my mind off of that, ugh. I wish I never dated that jerk. She stared at the alarm beside her bed, 2:15. Alright, I’m not laying her for another six hours. I’m gonna go get something to eat. She scrambled out of her bed and wobbled over to the door. Bleh, my legs feel like jelly! I guess a quick snack won’t hurt. Ma and Pa usually don’t wake up that easily. And I don’t know about Logan and Landon... Nah, they’re too dumb. They wouldn’t really care if I ate at two anyways.

ID: 110060

LD: 3+3+3=9, Fail sobs

Edited by Kirbs

Evelyn lightly tiptoed down the stairs and sighed. Maybe this was a bad idea, I don’t even feel that hungry anymore... She shook her head and continued down the creaky wooden steps of her house. It’s too late to go back now. Ah, screw it. She let out an inaudible yawn and wiped the condensation away from her eyes. Food, food, food. Where is the god dang food? I need food in my bloody stomach? 

She sighed and headed over to the kitchen. Do we even have any food here? When’s the last time we went grocery shopping? She slowly opened the fridge, wincing as a blast of cold air flew in her face. Ugh, there’s nothing in here! She resisted the urge to slam the fridge door open, only barely just making a sound ass she closed it.

Just then did the lights flicker on, making the girl freeze in her spot. Crap, crap, crap..!

A groggy Landon stepped quietly down stairs, his mouth opening for a small yawn. As he blinked away the tiredness away from his eyes, his gaze focused on his sister. His eyebrows knitted in confusion as he stared at her. “Ev? What are you doing up so early?” He mumbled quietly, continuing to walk down the stairs as he kept his gaze trained on his sister.

The girl let out a nervous laugh and cleared her throat. “Oh! Hi Landon... I was just hungry and stuff. And you know when I’m hungry...” she trailed off, turning her gaze back on the floor.

Her brother gave her a pointed look as he walked over to her. “You sure? I’m pretty sure my sister wouldn’t wake up in the middle of the night for food. She practically treasures her sleep as much as food. So who are you and what have you done with Evelyn?” 

“I don’t know, man.” She threw her hands up in the air and sighed. “I just can’t get the scene from yesterday out of my head!” She whispered frustratingly. “It was like, messed up, y’know?” She looked up at her older brother with a pleading look. She felt terrible. 

Landon threw a hand back in his red hair frustratingly, “I mean, Ev, that dude was a jerk. Whatever happened between you and him, just leave it all behind, okay? It’ll be easy to forget really soon. Just hang around me and Logan for a bit and we’ll get him out of your head soon enough.” He let out his signature boyish grin and spread his arms out, inviting her in for a hug. She snorted— which was very unladylike—, but threw herself into his embrace. “Me and Logan will always protect you, you know that right?” He mumbled into her head. She nodded with a smile.

”Of course.”

“So hot!” Kirbs drawled, bring her hand up to shield her eyes from the ray of light that the sun was producing. “Can it be any worse?!” She shrieked, dogging herself deeper into the sand. How do people survive in these bloody conditions? Swear to the lord, I would die out here if I lived here for a week! She wiped the sweat away from her forehead and shut her eyes. Can I sleep this off? Why am I even here again? Oh yeah, that stupid familiar! God, if this is what it takes to get a frekin Familiar then I’m out of here! I ain’t staying in the bloody sun for the day for an animal! She jumped up and patted her lap of sand. I’m going to a new bloody floor! Heck, I’d rather go to floor four then be in this hell hole! She slapped herself, groaning from the slight stinging.

What the hell are you talking about, you crazy idiot? She mentally scolded herself for being such a doofus. Ngh. The heat is making my brain all messed up! She knocked on her head. Sounds bloody hollow to me. She sighed and started walking around. Maybe I can look in some kind of cave or something? Like, that isn’t hard, right? I’ll be away from the heat, and I’ll be less vulnerable. Yeah, that sounds like a good idea! Now let’s find me a cave! She clapped her hands together and stuck out her tongue in concentration. Now where can I find a cave? She looked around but there was barely any caves in sight. Just rolling mounts of sand and blistering heat. I guess I’ll have to walk a bit before I find a cave. Ugh, this is going to take forever. What if they’re no caves here? What if I just walk around forever?!