[F1-PP] The fall of a leader, the fall of a knight, the rise of a bond stronger than both combined <Making Vows>

Spoiler

<<Making Vows>>
Recommended Level: Any
Restrictions | At least the two marrying players
Quest Credit Goes To Itzal

James Aria
Anime Priest.png

Upon approach, the priest greets you as normal. When he hears that you wish to be married he smiles warmly. "So you two wish to be married? That is wonderful to hear! We will need to discuss the details of your wedding such as location, the size of the wedding, food, as well as the wedding rings. I can also help you find someone to wed you, or I could do it myself if you'd like."

Rewards:

Requirements:

• At least one [1] page (20 or more posts)
  • Required wedding details must be declared and taxes paid
  • Ring details must be declared

Outline:

Players who wish to marry must first speak with the priest James Aria, who resides in the central cathedral of Floor One. James guides the players through the different topics that must be decided on before they can finalize, pay the taxes, and move on to prepare the wedding. It is encouraged that players RP writing their vows for one another in private, however, this is not a requirement.

Wedding Plans

The Thread Summary must include the following parameters for the couples' wedding: Location, PK access, number of guests, the option of providing stat-boosting food, wedding ring abilities, and the combined cost of all taxes. The total col owed must be paid to the Banker account before the thread can be completed.

• Private Wedding (no guests) 0 col
  • Small Wedding (Few invited guests, 1-5 additional players PP) 1,000 col
  • Medium Wedding (Invited guests, 1-10 additional players PP) 2,000 col
  • Large Wedding (Invite only/any number guests, PP/OP, player's decision) 3,000 col
  • PK Access:  1,500 col
  • Snack Table* (+1 food buff, Uncommon) 1,000 col
  • Feast Table* (+2 food buffs, Uncommon) 1,500 col
  • Banquet Table* (+3 food buffs, Uncommon) 2,250 col

*Players may select any Cook enhancements to apply, which must be declared in the Thread Summary. Any players who eats from an enhanced table receive the listed buff(s) for a single thread they participate in afterwards within 30 days of the wedding's closure. Threads that benefit from this buff must have been started after the wedding's thread begins, and players claiming a buff must declare these buffs with a link to the wedding thread in their first post. Wedding food buffs do not stack with other food buffs.

The Rings

Players can either purchase a basic gold band (1,500 col each) or a custom ring with any appearance they desire (2,000 col each). Ring choices (appearance and ability) do not have to be identical between the two players. Each ring has one ability which must be declared in the Thread Summary. The abilities will not be active until the couple completes the <<Saying Vows>> Quest. Wedding Rings do not take up an equipment slot. Ring abilities are only active when a player is in the same thread with their spouse.

• Resolve: +(20*Tier) base health
  • Driven: +(5*Tier) base energy
  • Strong Will: +1 base damage
  • Resilient: +(4*Tier) base mitigation
  • Purity: (1) Safeguard Active at beginning of the thread (Cannot stack with Safeguard potion)
  • Affectionate: Transfer 5% of your max health to your spouse (1 post cooldown)

It wasn’t a normal day for Macradon, everything had gone by so fast. What he had anticipated to be just another boss fight, be it a council of AI or a small group of mobs with a big pack leader didn’t cross his mind as anything else than normal RPG standards. What really threw him off what he understood as the game Sword Art Online had changed. He of should’ve known how unstable the minds of people were in this game, he had encountered it multiple times, experienced it himself, second hand watching it slowly grow into despair, killing people, actual people, slowly but surely. A loud crash could be heard as the still armor clad warrior came home from the frontliners successful boss raid. No one were hurt badly, no one were killed by the boss, everything went as a raid should, at least in broad terms. Despite the success of the frontlines, the assigned leader, Macrad, came crying home, rushing into his room with his confused familiar following suit. The clang of his armor with each heavy step he took would echo in his mind, the sound of him sobbing, close to a breaking point, would begin to fill the house. Running into his own room, Macradon would slam the door behind him, blocking his cerberus, Belphegor, from entering, but just for a short while, as his slam would throw the door ajar and not shut close. He was barely able to take more steps before he collapsed, one knee at a time, ending with his upper body leaning over his bed, his eyes filled with tears flowing over his sheets, his helmet thrown to the side, both of his knees kneeling before his bed. Nearly lifeless, Macradon would lay on his bed like this and sob, trying to hold in the rest of his tears in an effort to comfort himself. He felt everything went bad, everything went worse, everything went inefficient because of him, his poor decisions and his failure as a leader.

Edited by Macradon
  • 3 months later...

Kairi had been in her room mostly reading what she could about the world she was in, a heavy amount mostly of the monsters to what extent they go to, and seeing what stories are found within the data. However something was odd, she had seen her boyfriend Macradon walk past her room and into his own, he didn't say hi or anything like he typically did... something was clearly wrong in her mind. Kairi had closed her book and stood up with a stretch, Karona had woke up from its slumber too however Kairi had simply patted the top of her familiar head and said "You can go back to sleep, I am not going anywhere." Karona had simply grunted then closed his chest again and fell right back to sleep. Kairi had walked up to his door and knocked onto it then exclaiming out to him "Hello? Is everything alright Macaroon?"

@Macradon

Crying with his head dug down into his bed, most of his upper body leaning up over his mattress with his legs still resting, nearly collapsing, as he kneeled down. A muffled voice would emit from the face planted mattress “No I’m not fine.” Macradon tried to note through his sobbing and near agonal cry. He tried to get himself up from this mess of a posture, but he just had no strength left in his body to lift himself up. He would grit his teeth and try to hold his tears back, but they kept on flowing. After he had begun opening up again, and beginning to experience feelings that weren’t just the thrill of fighting, he had a hard time dealing with emotions. It might’ve just been a year where proper emotions had been absent, but in here, it did feel like forever in the depths of despair. “Everything went like SH*T. Everyone TRUSTED ME. AND I FAILED THEM!” he roared muffled through the mattress, still face down into the soft fabric.

Kairi had felt..  a little confused about it all, she had seen him as someone that had basically feared nothing, one who seemed to be able to withstand the hell in the world... however she quickly learned that he was still human and there's a point where he could handle so much. Kairi had opened the door and looked to see in basically crying into the pillow, a little upset about it all she had sat down onto the bed and placed a hand onto his shoulder and said "Well... in this world it's expected for things to go to hell like it did right? I mean we are all just a bunch of people forcibly trying to survive 100 layers of testing for someone's amusement, after a while I am sure they will forgive you for what happened. If not you still have me at least. I'm not going anywhere, and well... I need you in this world. I'd be all alone without you. In my eyes you've never failed me."

@Macradon

“They all trusted me! I failed them! I were given command of the raid, and I messed everything up! It was chaotic, no one followed any orders from anyone, only threats for their lives! Is that really what I shine out as a commander? Do what I say or I’ll kill you?” he said muffled and tried to calm himself. He was trying to get a breath in slow and steady, but breathing through the soft fabric, though feasible, was not that comfortable nor efficient. He would turn his torso away from Kairi, not to distance himself, but to get his head up from the bed to look at his girlfriend. He would sniff a bit and bring up one of his hands to wipe away one of his tears as it glid down onto the bed. He would try to smile through this agony of dread over him, he felt like a failure, he felt like all his experience was for naught, all the respect he had gotten wasn’t present, he felt more empty than ever. Sighing while a few leftover tears fell down from his eyes, Macradon would get closer to Kairi, though still partially laying on the bed, holding his arms around her waist, hugging her. “Thankyou, thank you for being here for me. I really needed this.” he said and just held a firm hug onto her as his crying slowly began to stop, but the pain still surged through him.

Kairi had just said patting his back "You just have to make the tough shots sometimes sweetie, if people drive it so far out of your control what else can you pull to bring any sense toward people? If you hadn't it could had gotten way worse." she had tried to comfort him as much as she could. However eventually he had pulled her into a hug placing her arms around her waist, she had simply placed her hands on his chest looking at him with a smile "I mean I should be the one thanking you here, I mean you got me off the streets after all. Plus it certainly beats men trying to get with me because of breast sizes." she had giggled. She had then said to him "Just you had to do what you had to do, everyone in this world is already in such a bad place where such things would probably happen quite frequently. So... I don't think you failed, you just took the human reaction to things unfolding before you, which I don't see as failing anyone."

@Macradon

With Kairi’s soothing words of comfort, Macradon pulled together and would do the final push to get over this sobbing excuse of a man he was. Opening up the HUD, Macradon would change clothes to his normal clothes again and bring up his arm to wipe away all the tears on his face. “Thanks, I’m glad you came into my life. I don’t know how I would’ve handled this if you hadn’t been here to comfort me.” he said while sniffing a few last time and wiping away any excess tears from his face. Going in for a proper hug this time, he would hold his beloved close to him and just stay calm and silent for a while, cooling his mind and nerves down after what had happened before. “You’re good with words,” Macradon said with a chortle as he continued “feels like you know what to say and when to say it, wish I had that ability as well.” he said, laughing somewhat after uttering those words. Pulling away from Kairi, Macradon would have both his hands on her shoulders and just at the moment stare into her eyes. He wasn’t sure what he was doing, and it felt … strange. He wanted to do something, but he wasn’t sure as to what.

• 4 weeks later...

Kairi had giggled as she continued to comfort him and pat his back saying out "Ah no need to thank me darling~ if anything it should be me thanking you for showing me such care and letting me stay here.. sleeping out on the streets and Inns previously was never fun." she had giggled. Then hugging back she had said to him "Well I at least hope that I am, I learned all this from anime to be honest with you~" she giggled. After a moment Kairi had stared back into his eyes and smiled, she appreciated his help with everything... giving her own place, love, and helping her grow as a player in the world. She had giggled and said out to him and said "So are you going to kiss me or are you going to stare into my eyes forever?" she let out a small chuckle waiting for his next move.

@Macradon

Macradon would chortle at her response “Anime or not, your words are soothing to my ear, like the light leading me through the dark.” he replied. It was a bit awkward as he just were there, staring. He wasn’t used to this kind of relationship, he hadn’t tried anything like this before, it was weird, it was strange, but he liked it, it was entertaining and it had helped him through a lot. “I guess.” he said with a smirk as he went in for a kiss on her lips and closed his eyes. It was a milestone in most relationships, but he wouldn’t really know, he had no experience with “love” this kind of way, and he wasn’t sure how to handle it, but he tried his best to please his love as best as he could, hoping that this was what was supposed to happen. With the lips touching, a spark went down Macradon’s spine, it was … quite the sensation, not what he had anticipated, but it felt great, even though it were just a virtual sensation, the emotional sensation he felt doing this with his love was quite the feeling. After an undisclosed amount of time, Macradon would pull back and look away, somewhat embarrassed from what had just happened and would sneak a glance up at Kairi from time to time “I hope that was ok.” he said.

• 4 months later...

Kairi had giggled at his cheesy response and said to him "Aww~ well I am glad I can be the light in the surrounding darkness." Then after a bit, the kiss had finally happened, it had been a long time since Kairi last... kissed someone. She had tried to remember if she had even kissed her previous partner, however she had enjoyed the sensation all over again. After a bit, the two had separated from the kiss, and Kairi had looked at Macradon with a smile and said lightly patting his shoulder "Oh you stop those words, it was more than okay. Simply kissing a loved one is more than okay." she then moved herself upward and stretched her arms into the air then looked to him sitting down on the bed "So! Lets go do something! Do you have anything in mind to get your mind off of things Macaroon?" she giggled.

@Macradon

Taking in a deep breath from what had just happened, Macradon would get back up and sit besides Kairi on the bed as well. Kairi asked if there was anything they could do together to get his mind away from the things plaguing him, there were. “I want to take a stroll. Let’s find a river and follow it to wherever it might lead. Could be fun to explore the area. Even though I’ve been in this game for this long, I’ve never really gone exploring on this floor.” Macradon said with a grin, happy to take his girlfriend out to a fun date. Quickly deploying his HUD, Macradon changed into his casual wear again, his red and white KoB jacket over a dark grey tank top, light gray pants paired with brown boots, ready to go out. Waiting for Kairi to change to whatever she wanted to wear for the stroll, Macradon would let Belphegor out into the yard to play and somewhat protect the home while Macradon was out on the date with Kairi. When Kairi had changed, Macradon would grab her hand and lead her out towards the field of the first floor.

Kairi had looked over and with a smile nodded her head and stood up excitingly shooting her arms into the air and said "That sounds like fun! Lets go do that!" and as she stood up it had alerted her familiar Karona. He woke up from his slumber then scuttled over to the room they had been then opened his lid then his tongue shot out panting like a dog. Kairi had moved over to her familiar and patted the lid of the chest and said to him "Awww~ you can come too. I am sure you want to go find some small animals or some ores to go find and eat." After a moment she then opened her HUD and switched to casual attire as well, however keeping her buster sword on her back. Grabbing her boyfriends hand she looked up at him with a smile then back forward walking into the first floor. Karona scuttling behind following the two.

@Macradon

The raid on the 23rd floor was concluded faster than one should’ve thought with how much had happened, but it did. The day was still young, it was still afternoon, the sun was still shining over the luscious green plains and hills with trees scattered around the area. Not far from the northern gates of the Town of Beginnings was a small lake, perhaps more like a creek, that lead towards the forests. “Maybe I can find a good spot there.” Macradon thought for himself as he had made his decision to go all out today. Holding his girlfriend’s hand, Macradon would walk down to the creek and stay by its side, following it as the sound of flowing water, wilderness of the plains, and the slight breeze that would come and go surrounded the pair and the mimic. The scenery around them was beautiful in its simplicity. It wasn’t full of extravagant mountains, giant bioluminescent caves, or any other gimmick to make it more appealing, it was just so simple and yet so great, possibly one subconscious reason for Macradon to set home on this floor. “I’m really happy that you’re here with me. I feel like you’re the pillow I need when I have to hug something. I don’t have to go out hugging trees anymore, and having you hug back is so much better as well.” Macradon said with a rather joking tone.

• 3 months later...

Kairi looked around as they had walked together on the 23rd floor, she had already enjoyed the scenery that was displayed for them... in the most literal sense she had sparkles in her eyes as she enjoyed the scenery. She had even gone as far as pointing at certain things for Macradon to look at, even if he had already looked at them. Karona following up behind, while incapable of showing its true emotion, it had felt happy for its master as she had shared its fair moments with depression. After a moment Kairi had looked over to Macradon and listened, then after a moment feeling playful she had puffed her cheeks placed her free hand on her hip and leaned toward him to say out "Pillow? Is that supposed to be a big chest joke?" then letting out a small giggle she placed her head on his shoulder nuzzling into it saying "Well, I am glad I can be here for you in your darkest times. And for you to grant me shelter and the same love that I can provide to you. I never want to leave your side Macaroon."

@Macradon

Macradon shook his head and chortled “No, of course not, why would I make a joke like that.” he said, embracing his love close to his body and kissed her forehead “I wouldn’t make fun of your body in any way.” he added. He would hold Kairi out in his stretched arms with a smile as he heard the words come out of her mouth “I’m glad you feel the same way.” he said and took a step back away from her “Because I don’t want to leave your side ever either.” he said and went down onto a knee. He opened his inventory and extracted a single ring from it, a ring he got from last hitting a boss a while ago, and it seemed to be fitting for this occasion. “Ka- no, Ashley, will you make me the happiest man alive in the wretched place, will you marry me?” he proposed as he held out the ring up towards his love.