[F1-PP] We're in This by Myself <<TFFLAF>>

After many failed attempts to attempt to start the tutorial questline, Kataware had enough and wanted to get more serious applicants she trusted. On the list, she had found person with an apparent narcisstic behavior, two twins who never did anything apart from each other, and also a very shy, timid girl. Of course, she decided to go with the last one, believing that the others would prove to be more troublesome. She waited patiently clad in her armor, waiting on a bench nearby the shop they were to enter and undertake the quest.

Kataware wondered if the girl was going to be a good fit. After all, there personalities had such a stark contrast like they were the embodiment of night and day. However, she seemed dependable and more willing to learn. In a sense, Kataware wanted to take this new girl under her wing. Hopefully, their partnership would last long and be strong.

@Ayano Tateyama

Battle Stats:

Spoiler

Level: 5 [ ] HP: 100 [ ] EN: 10 [ ] MIT: 35 [ ] Base DMG: 1 [ ] Thorns: 9 [ ] Heavy Momentum: 1

Equipment:

- T1 Rare Heavy Armor (Mitigation II [ ] +18 MIT )

- T1 Spiked Pauldrons (Mitigation I [ ] Heavy Momentum I [ ] Thorns I [ ] +9 MIT)

Spoiler

More elaborate, heavier, and definitely spikier shoulder guards than normal shoulder guards.

- Vanity Dagger

Battle-Ready Inventory:

- 3 Starter Healing Potions (Heals 50 HP)

Skills:

- Rank 1 Heavy Armor (5 SP [ ] +8 MIT when wearing Heavy Armor)

Edited by Kataware
Fix spoiler

Kataware smiled gently to Ayano and gave a soft touch to her forearm to reassure her. ”You’re fine. It’s fine.” Kataware was a patient woman, enough so that a simple mistake like that wouldn’t get her to act any different towards someone. After all, Kataware recognized that it must have taken Ayano some time to prepare her greetings.

Kataware stood up from the bench and walked towards the nondescript shopfront. There wasn’t much other than a few vials and also a purple-ish gas coming from underneath the door. Kataware grabbed the handle on the door, getting herself ready to breath in the noxious fumes that she had already experienced once. However, it didn’t seem like the effect would never go away. After all, Kayaba seemed enough like a sadist that he would ever add a sliding scale for tolerance to these types of useless sensory attacks. ”Shall we?”

@Ayano Tateyama

• 2 weeks later...

Kataware watched as Ayano seemingly wanted to start the quest for the both of them, but just as quickly as the young girl approached the counter she almost scurried away from Zackariah (who was still oblivious to the two players). ”I’ve said nothing. Kataware rubbed Ayano’s back to help soothe the young girl. She’s quite timid.

Kataware approached Zackariah to start the quest. She zoned out through the speech, knowing that it will always be the same. Eventually, the pop-up appeared to take the quest.

«Accept The First Few Lessons are Free Quest?»

Nearby Players: 1

Take solo? o [ ] Take with nearby players? o [ ] Take with party members? o

( Confirm? ) [ ] ( Decline? )

Kataware clicked the second option and confirmed it. She looked over to Ayano and saw the menu show up for her. ”Just letting you know, even if you accept it, you can back out at any time. Even after we’ve started.”

Kataware followed Ayano who appeared to be putting on an air in hopes of portraying herself as more courageous. However, Kataware chose to remain oblivious about whatever issues the young girl may have been facing. After all, everyone had their own issues, Kataware simply chose to believe that anyone could get through them. Whether it may be a change in mindset or a new approach, anyone can get through any rut of their life.

On their trek to the South Gate, which was the farthest from their initial position, Kataware had to catch up to Ayano a couple of times. The heavy armor didn’t weigh her down much nor her lack of stamina, but it was a testament to Ayano’s eagerness. Kataware was walking as a leisurely place as she wasn’t really scared about what was going to happen during the night. She took the time to observe mob patterns and essentially made a little route for her to go through. As they reached the gate, Kataware spoke up. “I’ll take lead from here. I know a certain place where we’ll be safe.”