[PP-F1] <<Dragon Hunter Anthology - Dragon Hunt 1: the Emerald Hatchling>> (Arsenal)

"...it has been quite some time since the last time I visited this floor..." Oikawa stopped to gaze over the nearly barren grass-covered fields. Winds flicked the blades forward and back as his crimson eyes wandered towards what he hoped was the direction of the plains. The faintest sound of crushed grass echoed as the noirette began to make his way towards the Plains. 9 crystals... That's an odd number of items to collect and even worse that they are spread across such low floors. This "adventure" will be more bothersome than challenging. I'd imagine this series of quest can't be too difficult. That said, practice is practice. And I certainly need...

"Reveal yourself at once," commanded the crimson-eyed solo player. His spear materialized in hand he awaited for whomever was following him to reveal himself. "I can't imagine this going well for you in the least bit."

The man heard a voice ring out, commanding him through the shroud of trees between them. It was an unusual event, but the player was a bit curious at the least. He steps out, crossing the shrubs and into a little area, the cigar in his mouth about to burn out, he keeps his spear on his back as he stares blankly at the player in front of him. “Sorry.” His face was emotionless and his words followed suit. No fear, no happiness, no excitement. His eyes appeared dead already. “I was wondering if you could help me on a quest I had heard about, it sounds too difficult for me, but I’m sure if you helped we could get it done.” He smiled innocently at the man, putting his cigar out on a nearby rock as it explodes into blue crystals. He looks at the player’s spear and nods. “Besides, I’m not entirely sure I want to fight a man such as yourself. It appears you lack the restraint I require from a sparring partner.” He adds, pointing to the player’s orange cursor as he tilts his head. This man could probably kill me without even using his spear. I’d be smart not to try and cause any trouble. He pulls out a pair of cigars and offers one to the other player. “Cubans. They’re great, try it.” He puts his cigar in his mouth and lights it.

@Oikawa

Brown tufts of hair bobbed into view as man, roughly the same build as him, emerged from the thicket. Smoke gently swirled from the ember ridden roach the newcomer held between his lips. The wisps bobbed as he offered his apologies and attempted to recruit the noirette for a quest. In the same breath, the man echoed Oikawa's sentiments of the difference in strength between, Whether it was sarcasm or not, the truth was out. Oikawa's gaze narrowed at the offer of a cigar. Despite them having no affect on his health here, he waved off the offer before looking away. "And what makes you think I have time to help you on a quest?" The arrogance in his tone grew slightly more agitated. He remembered the days when the little crystal above his head would instill fear. Nowadays, even the low-level green players showed no fear in his presence. "Also, restraint had nothing to do with how I obtained this crystal. Free will however, free will is a different story."

Nicholas puts his spare cigar away and smiles. “Free will? I can respect that. And I don’t expect you to help me. Hell, I’m not sure you aren’t gonna kill me when I turn to walk away, but I am sure of one thing. Even if you were to attack me, I’m not Gonna be able to stop you, so there’s no point in being scared. You either let me live or you don’t and that’s where restraint comes in. Do you have the restraint to not kill a man who’s just trying to get the col for a house to share with the player of my dreams.” He grins, as he draws his spear. “Besides, I bet your curious about what I want help with. Even if you’re not, I have to tell you, I’m fighting a dragon.” He says, drawing his spear with a cocky grin on his face. It wasn’t like he was gonna attack, but he was getting ready as the butt of his spear hits the ground and the crude point directed skyward. “The name’s Arsenal.” He flips his spear and rests it across his shoulders, with his arms dangling from either end. “So am I dying or not? Cause if I am then I’m gonna have to clear my schedule.” He says, turning and beginning to walk away. “Sometimes you just gotta help a fellow prisoner out, even if you hate their guts.” The usually super reserved man turns and tilts his head.

@Oikawa

The brunette put away the spare cigar; his words detailing his thought process on why he chose not to be afraid of the orange crystal hovering above Oikawa's head. The noirette's brow raised at the retrieval of his spear however. They both seemed to possess the <Two-Handed Assault Spear> skill. Oikawa's gaze returned to the young man. His question had caught him off-guard. A guilt-trip? However small, guilt is the last thing I would attempt on someone who has taken a life, Oikawa mused. Oikawa brought a finger through the air, dismissing his weapon at the mention of a dragon. Could this be the same quest I'm currently on? I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that the lower levels are attempting the same quest. Ideally this is the perfect way for them to grind and get familiar with the floors.

"The name's Arsenal."

Oikawa's attention snapped back to the brunette. His following question received a slight chuckle of amusement from crimson-eyed front-liner. "Depends on if the dragon only drops one Emerald or not..." Oikawa turned towards the direction of the plains once more. "Hate is a strong word. I don't hate anybody in this world. However, liars and deceit can rile me up." Materializing his spear once more, Oikawa began to head off in the direction of the supposed dragon. "Don't fall too far behind. A prisoner to [Dire Wolves] is a far worse fate than most realize."

@Arsenal

Nicholas nods at the statement. "As I told you, I'm not in it for the gems or anything. I'm in it for the col." He says, walking closely behind the man with black hair as they cut through the woods. Arsenal doesn't make a noise other than the slight singe of a cigar or the slight wheeze in his breath as he releases smoke. So I managed to convince mister moody here. Okay, so that means I'm getting better at talking to people. Though it was probably one of those, "if I agree, will you shut up?" things. Rambling on does have its perks I must say. The man puts his cigar out, as it bursts into blur polygons that fill the air. So we're hunting an emerald Dragon. That's cool. I've never really been a fan of Dragons, but they're okay I guess. His spear is then fixed on his back as they walk so he had his hands free in case he needed to climb away or maybe even the other player down to get out of there. Damnit Nicholas, now you're starting to sound like Kan. He slides his hands back and puts them in his pockets as he walks. The silence is nice, but I wish Spencer was here. He stares at the ground.

@Oikawa

"That's how it always starts," mimicked the noirette. The silence settled around them. Their soft steps merely white noise against the backdrop of low whistling winds and flapping coats. A crimson orb looked over Oikawa's shoulder at the sound of the cigar dispelling into air. Arsenal kept pace. Staring at the ground as they adventured further north. Oikawa could only assume he was lost in thought. Not one for small talk among strangers, Oikawa surprised himself as he began to speak. "So you mentioned a significant other. What makes you think she's the one? Or he? It isn't right to assume these days I suppose."

Oikawa's own mind began to flash images of his first love, Kotori. Her brown hair softly bouncing with every step as they walked among the fields. Its hard to believe there was time for him before the orange crystal... His thoughts trailed.... before settling on another woman. Kiru. Pain hinted behind his eyes. Despite both being alive. Neither were to be found. Where? Where are you?

@Arsenal

Edited by Oikawa