SP-F9] Unyielding Rage

It was finally time...

Standing on the ninth floor, his weapon in his hand. He stepped forward to the base of the largest volcano in the floor. While volcanoes didn't erupt in the game, they did bring a large source of heat. As he stepped up, he searched for what could possibly could be the entrance to the old base of Chaos. It took several minutes, but within time he found and entrance colored the same as the volcanic rock. Reaching for the handle, he would yank open the door. As it slid open, Jonathan would peer inside. Confronted with a long hallway of stone, he would cautious move down the hallway. As he caught sight of the door, his own breath would still. Not from the door of course, but due to the idea that everything that he prepared for came down to this. All the planning, all the training. Pushing everyone away, keeping to himself. The lost hours of sleep. As he stepped to the door he would put his hand on it. Everything was now...

As he pushed open the door, a wide area would catch his eyes. It was easily visible that this used to be a place for guild meetings. The room was large and circular, along with being very hot and humid. This brought him to believe that he was over the center of the volcano. The room was filled with different decorations, one side of it seemed fashioned for some sort of living space. On the left seemed various notes and papers on a large planning table. Movement would catch his eyes as a casually dressed Chaos stepped into the room. The dark haired man was wearing jeans and a T-shirt as he munched on what appeared to be a chocolate donut. No weapon was at his side, and as he caught sight of Jonathan he seemed rather surprised. Swallowing his current bite, Chaos would give Jonathan a short wave before speaking. "This is a surprise for certain" Jonathan's eyes widened as his body shook with pure rage. His knuckles as he gripped his weapon turned white. "You... You killed them.... YOU BASTARD!" his raged yelling would seem more like a scream as he activated <<Charge>>. 

Chaos' eyes would widen as he approached, the man's donut falling form his hand. Before it reached the ground however, Jonathan's weapon would slash through the man's chest. Chaos would be thrown back into the wall, his health having taken a good hit first. Chaos would stand, his teeth gritting. "You have most definitely improved since last time we fought. I don't think you could even produce a hit half as hard as what you just did" His smug smile would fade as Jonathan charged him once again. "YOU TOOK EVERYTHING FROM ME!" Jonathan's attacks were frequent and powerful, Chaos having much trouble to dodge them. "YOU WILL SUFFER FOR WHAT YOU'VE DONE!" Jonathan words would be enough to throw off Chaos' dodges. Another blow would clip into his shoulder, the weapon throwing him back. Jonathan stepped towards the man, slowly. "My apprentices... no, my friends were all taken because of you. YOU STOLE THEM FROM ME!" Chaos would begin opening his inventory, scrolling through to find his items. 

"YOU THINK I'M EVEN GOING TO GIVE YOU THE CHANCE TO PULL OUT YOUR WEAPON?" He would shout towards the man. He would begin his assault again but Choas would snap his fingers, and shout, "FANG, SERVE MY WILL!" Stopping Jonathan in his tracks, a flame would begin to burn brightly before him. As the flame subsided, the large hellhound familiar of Choas stood in his way. As the creature tried to attack however, Celestane would circle around Jonathan, sending large spikes of ice to pin the enemy familiar into the nearby wall. This would bring howls of pain into the room but the ice shards would be burned through the hellhound would prepare to fight the icy dragon. Given time now, Chaos stood, blade in hand and armor equipped. "It doesn't matter if you prepare yourself or not. You will endure more agony than any of my friends did. I won't spare you" Chaos would smile, shrugging with his free hand. "Alrighty, I see you. I'm willing to bet you'll just end up like all of your friends". 

With the last comment, Jonathan's eyes would widen. His eyes would darken as rage began pouring out of him. "TO HELL WITH YOU" Every ounce of strenght that Jonathan had would be poured into his attacks. His blade would slam into Chaos' weapon, knocking the man back farther and farther. Jonathan's defense was keeping the man on the defensive, never giving him the chance to attack. Each time the swords would clang, Jonathan caught a brief glimpse of an apprentice converting into shards of data, being lost to the wind. Chaos would roll away from his attacks, escaping him momentarily. The man would smile smugly at him, giving another one of his rhetorics. "This fight is just gonna end up like last time. Your friends dead and you left crying and desperate" Jonathan's teeth would grit more as he continued his attacks, casting sweeping blows at his opponent. On the other side of the room, Celestane was dodging the hellhound, sending spikes of ice into it that only seemed to anger it. It didn't help the creature was basically able to keep fighting as long as it still retained some of its fire, no matter how many times Celestane killed it. 

Pure hatred came from each of Jonathan's attacks. He didn't mind that he had already used half of his energy up. He wouldn't stop fighting until Chaos was at his knees, begging for his life. Jonathan wouldn't dare grant him that. His weapon would slam into Chaos's blade, forcing the man to move back or fall down. Chaos would then return an assault, but Jonathan would block dodge and evade when necessary. He swung his weapon high and horizontal, causing the man to duck. Afterwards, he would continue with a kick, forceful enough to slam him into the wall. Activating <<Charge>> again from the distance, the flat of his own blade would crush him further into the wall of rock, cracking it. "You won't get away with what you did. You're a monster, taking the life on the innocent just to try and live your wild fantasies of being ruler" Chaos would laugh, staring back at him. His voice was strained from being crushed, but his confidence hadn't wavered. "And you are the one constantly causing people to worry, pushing people away. However, you still think you can be the hero of this story. You've told yourself over and over again that you are the protagonist. To be honest, I think you are more of the side character. One thing about those guys... they're disposable" Jonathan would push harder into the man. 

"I could kill you right now if I wanted. The only reason you're still alive is I want to know why you targeted my guild" After he said kill, Chaos began laughing. "You seriously think you can beat me?" Jonathan dug further into the man. "ARE YOU STUPID? I have LITERALLY got you against the wall. What have you called the last few minutes of fighting?" Chaos would use his foot, kicking Jonathan off of him and picking up his sword again. Raising his sword, he pointed it at Jonathan with a sneer. "Pity" Gritting his teeth, Jonathan would burst forward again, swinging his weapon. This time however, as it hit Chaos's blade, the weapon would take on a black ghostly hue. The force behind Chaos's blade would double, pushing Jonathan back. The blond quickly lost balance and Chaos's speed would increase dramatically. Hellraiser would cut through his chest, creating several red gashes. Jonathan's health dipped to about 90% before he was able to leap away. "All this strength you have received still is far from enough to let you beat me. I am stronger and faster. While you have a mitigation advantage, hitting me is going to be your relative problem. Your strength comes from stats, mine comes from something beyond stats. Skill" 

Jonathan's wounds would begin to heal as battle healing would activate. Of course, so would Chaos's. He moved in again, but Chaos quickly took advantage of the moment. The man would hold his sword, thrusting it several times at Jonathan, forcing him to a defensive stance. While he managed to block off each attack, Chaos had already gotten what he wanted. With Jonathan's sword now set in a horizontal position, Chaos was easily able to make his attacks. Chaos's sword would become ablaze before he slashed into Jonathan with many horizontal strikes. Jonathan swung his weapon in retaliation, but Chaos would block it firmly. Chaos would throw himself back, smiling coolly at Jonathan. "Not a fan of when I bring the heat? Oh, don't give me the cold shoulder!" Jonathan would grit his teeth before charging into battle again. "SHUT UP!" he would shout. H would swing his weapon horizontally at Chaos but the man would leap upward, pushing himself off of Jonathan's moving sword, and come down slashing his back. Propelled forward, Jonathan would slam into the nearby wall. 

Picking himself up, Jonathan would turn to find Chaos smiling behind him. "You just don't give it up do you? Do you just like the feeling of failing?" Wiping the soot off of his own face, Jonathan would come in again, as strong as ever. Chaos's smile would fade, the man becoming annoyed. Sparks would fly into the air as the blades collided with one another. Jonathan's sword was surrounded in a blue aura and Chaos's gave off an angry red flame. Another slash, another block. Another hit taken. He would pull himself off as he reached 50% health remaining. Breathing heavily, Jonathan stared into Chaos's eyes. "I won't give up. I will defeat you" he would state to Chaos. The man would raise his eyebrow. "The reason you came here was to get revenge no? Any real purpose?" Jonathan pointed his sword at the man. He had only about a quarter of his energy left. "I came here to kill you" He charged forward again, but the man seemed unfazed. Just before Jonathan swung his weapon, Chaos would say one word. "Suicide"  

"Sins Demise" Sudden'y, Chaos's attack patterns changed. Instead of his attacks being a few smooth, accurate blows, but now they were rapid and just aimed at him. His weapon sliced through him, cutting through his health quickly. The attacks never stopped, Chaos never giving him the opportunity. When the man finally finished, Jon retained about 10% of his health and his entire body covered in gashes. Breathing heavily, Jonathan's sword dropped to the ground with a clatter. He fell to a knee, looking towards Chaos. "Do it then. Finally put me out of my misery. I should have already died twice in this damned world" Chaos's smile would return to his face. "You don't want me to spare you? Well, I could kill you. However, I believe you still have business on this world" Chaos would sheathe his weapon before walking over to Jonathan and offering him a hand. "Penelope Morgenstern. That is the name of your sister. She also is in this world." Jonathan raised his eyebrows, his anger fading from his eyes. "How do you know something like that" Chaos grinned, grabbing Jonathan's hand and yanking him up. "Because. She used to be my wife" 

Jonathan's mouth gapped open. "How could I believe you on something such as that?" Chaos would laugh. "I am a man of my word. I don't tend to lie or manipulate. Anyways, what other choice do you have? Unless by some other strange means, a girl that looks quite a bit like you, shares the same name as you" His vice would trail off, letting Jonathan think. "Fine. Take me to her" Chaos would shake his head and wag his finger. "It isn't as easy as that. You see, we have to find her first. You help me find her, and well... you get to meet her" Jonathan bit his lower lip, unsure of what choice to make. "What's the catch" Chaos smiled. "Oh, nothing much really. Other than that you will follow every order I have to give until we find her. You will not hesitate when I tell you to do something. You will act" Jonathan turned. "That's how you do it huh? You get people to follow you by tugging them with something they want" Chaos smiled, telling Jonathan he was right. "Happens in the real world too kid"

Jonathan moved to grab his sword from the ground, placing it in its sheath of his back. It seemed that Chaos didn't have to urge to kill him, and Jonathan didn't have the urge to fight. "What about everything I live for? What about everything I do? All the people I care about" Chaos's returning smile was almost too devious. "Well you took care of that one, didn't you? You pushed everyone away. You actually have nothing left, and nothing better to do. You threw it all away in hopes of ending me" When said aloud to him, it hurt more. He knew he had been purposely doing it, but when told that he reached the point of no return.... "What is your decision? You have two choices really... Go back and live a lonely life knowing that you put yourself in your predicament. Or redeem yourself and meet the sister that was stolen from you" Jonathan looked off to the wall. "Fine then... what do I need to do?" Chaos would smile. "Follow me, its just about time that you met the Sins of a personal level" A flash of a large blade slashing through the body of his apprentice would move before his eyes. "I don't want to meet them, let's just go-" Chaos wagged his finger. 

"Remember our deal. Every word of mine is your personal command. You get what you want at the cost of your own free will." Jonathan winced. He had walked into that one. However, he needed to find his sister. Afterwards, he could decide what to do with Chaos. He would follow the man out of the house and back to the town. Chaos would then tell him to meet him at the teleport gate before vanishing entirely. A flash moved back to when Chaos had used the technique, "Sins Demise". He had used the Hide Skill to rapidly and repeatedly attack with all angles. Trying to remember the attack he would recall being assault up front with many slashes seeming to be focused on lowering his guard. Then, Chaos would in succession move into hiding, strike from his right side then behind. Afterwards, he had lost track of what was going on. The man's technique was seemingly flawless.... He doubted Itzal's Soul Barrage could beat it. Itzal focused on keeping the enemy away from the offensive by constantly battering the opponent with attacks, While Sin's Demise seemed focused on hurting the opponent. 

He would arrive at the teleport gate, Chaos appearing behind him. Chaos would step in front of the gate and then whisper a location. In the blink of an eye they arrived in a rocky cavern in front of what seemed to be a fortress. "Floor Twenty-One, but where are we?" Chaos would chuckle. "This is the true guild hall of The Uprising. That means we can teleport directly here from any gate. Its a real time saver, this place is pretty far from any settlement. This is also one of the few uncharted by many places in the floor. You see, we have a guard on watch constantly. Keeps people we don't want to see away" He would walk up to the door, pushing it open. Jonathan would follow inside and immediately begin looking at it. While most areas looked serious and seemed as if plans were made there. However, there was a dining room and living room area that were quite large. They were the only areas that seemed cozy and is also where several orange cursored players remained in view. They were only two green among them. A black haired girl and an another one that adorned a white robe. One immediately got up, and orange cursored girl with black hair and orange eyes. She wore clothes with the color pattern of orange and red. A rapier remained at her side. 'This was the girl that stabbed me in the back for my second fight with Chaos that never actually started'

"I don't believe I was informed that you were bringing the enemy straight into our hall" Chaos would shake his head. "I see no enemies of mine here" With that he would move towards the planning room, motioning for them to follow. The girl would whistle and the other Sins began to get up and follow. All six in total. They would all file into the large planning room where Chaos would pull a pen and paper off the wall to jot things down. As they came in, he received many stares from the other sins but all were silent. Their expressions were emotionless, revealing nothing of what they were thinking. The only one that was smiling was the first girl, but it was hard to tell what it meant. 

"Alright, as you all can see we have a guest that many of you are familiar with. He will be working with us for a while whilst we search for Penelo." There were no obvious signs of their reaction, but he felt some discontent. They all knew about her? Oh, she was his wife so it made more sense. He tapped the center of the table, scrolled through a list and clicked. Then an entire layout of the fourth floor appeared before them. 

"None of us know exactly where she will be located, but we do know the locations of people that might. We have known locations of all settlements owned by old members of the Uprising that were on her side during the Fall of the Uprising. There are six of them, and there are no other members alive that aren't standing in this room. Well, other than Penelo herself. Morzan, take Floor Four and search for the one named Libra" Chaos would take his hand and zoom in on Snowfrost. "This is house you are searching for, its owned by her" Fyre. You get Tessa on Floor Eleven" He would point to the house after switching to the map of Taft and she would nod. 'Hey thats the lady that I just met... if she might have known something the entire time I could have just asked her' Chaos would then give each of the others an assigned person even him. Though, Chaos would be with him to make sure things go over smoothly. They had a woman named Elsea on Floor 22. "Sins, if you find her message me immediately. If not, get what information you can and you know the rest already. Efficiency is key" 

The Sins would nod, preparing to leave but Chaos would tell them to stop. "It would be rude to not make introductions with our new friend no?" The first to come up to him was a quiet girl that he seen earlier. She wore the white robe and was one of the few with a green cursor. "I am Luz, Sin of Gluttony and main Healer of the Uprising. Pleasure to meet you" She gave no expression to him, which ensured him that she was hiding something. Maybe, guilt? He shook the thought out because another Sin began to speak. "Morzan, Sin of Pride. I'm pretty important, so don't forget it" He would walk away, his attitude giving off a vibe of arrogance and a threat to fight him. A dark haired man would step up and speak in a hushed tone, "Greetings. I am Orik. Sloth" With those very few words, he would turn around. The next was a player that he was all to familiar with. The bird mask lady that wielded a Katana. "I am Raven. Sin of Envy" Her tone was deathly serious and kind of frightening. A shorter girl would step up to him next, one of the green players. He didn't recall seeing her fighting during the Fall. "Aya, supposedly Sin of Greed" The last to step up was the first girl that stabbed him in the back in his fight. "Fyre, Sin of Wrath and Second in Command. I'd introduce my Rapier, but you two are already well met" Jonathan gave her a sarcastic chuckle. 

Jonathan could already tell that he didn't like Fyre, even if they were apparently on the same side now. It felt weird to now be sided with the enemy. Chaos and him shared a common goal, but what would happen when they reached that common goal. One idea came to his mind. When he found his sister, he was going to do something quite dishonorable. He would stab him in the back, effectively trapping the man on his blade. Afterwards he would make his escape with Penelope and they could tie the missing link. Jarring him out of his thoughts, Chaos would speak once more. "Well, now that everyone is well met. We can proc-" "Wait" Jonathan would interrupt. "There are seven deadly Sins. There are only six of them." He recounted the names each of them introduced themselves. "You are missing Lust" he would simply state. Chaos would wave it away. "Who do you think we are looking for?" As that settled in, another spite of anger came through his body. Did this man name his younger sister as the Sin of Lust? 

Jonathan would reach to the handle of his sword on his back. "I don't care if I haven't met her or not. You will not name any of my family the Sin of Lust, deeming them as a sl-" As he spoke, he pulled out his weapon, preparing to thrust it into Chaos. as he made the motion to, something hard would stick at the end. His weapon would bounce off a shield that was produced by Orik, Sin of Sloth. "It would be unwise to attack with such a large disadvantage" His health bar had taken a small dip, but even that was completely fixed by a heal coming from Luz. They were a fully functionable team. Jonathan's anger didn't fade but he sheathed his weapon, earning a smirk from Fyre. "Coward much?" He would ignore her, his eyes boring Chaos's. The man would eventually look away, stating, "Penelope isn't the Sin of Lust for sexual actions or what not. She is that way because of her tendency to fall in Love. She can meet someone and within a week think its destined to be" 

"Is that what happened between you two?" Chaos's face now hinted at anger. "No. I had known her for quite sometime beforehand. She was mine and mine alone. The first person I slaughtered was for her" Jonathan's glare grew deeper. "If I recall, the first time we met, you told me it was revenge of the loss of a friend" Chaos smiled. "Oh it was. The person I killed for her was my best friend, Roy." Jonathan's eyes widened. Chaos might not be named one of the Sins, but every single on of them he had seen in the man. Wrath, Greed, Pride, he had seen it all. "Now, to get back on track. As much as I like sitting around and 'biding my time', we have something to get on with" The Sins would turn, eyeing Jonathan one last time before moving out the door towards the teleport pad in the town quite far away. "Now remember Jonathan. Every single thing I tell you, you will do" Jonathan would chuckle. "Or else what?" Chaos would glare at him with a smile creeping on his lips. "or else you will have a bad time"