[PP-F01] Being Small works sometimes (Kit)

Sunova was sitting at one of the plazas in the town of beginners. She was wearing an armor with a white shirt with a hood under it, she had the hood over her head a bit but you still could see her face and hair good, on her chest was a small metal plate and over her shoulders was a white fur of an animal, Under the fur she had two metal plates as well. She was holding a katana on her lap. A white Katana that was at the handle Fox's head and on the sheet itself there was drawings of foxes playing or something. It was quite a bit as the Katana was quite long compared to herself as it was a total of 4 feet so to be sure 9 inches smaller then Sunova herself. She was sitting there moving her legs in the air a bit patted her Katana while looking a bit over to everyone that walked passed. Her pure white Hair was shining in the light a bit, It was not blond white of just gay no her hair was Pure white, Most people ignored her a bit and walked passed her. The girl was quite innocent looking and she was not giving a darn about everything that happened, she was just minding her own.

She was humming a bit and her feet were moving left and right, it almost looked like she was dancing in the air but not moving at all. Smiling and humming a bit Sunova was looking quite happy right there. I can't wait for things to happen, I want to do something fun, like go on an adventure or even just talk to someone. Haz and Neo are busy with their New house and stuff and I having no one else to talk to. It was not like I do care I can go my own adventure if no-one wants to talk with me, I guess that nobody wants to talk to a witch with white hair, Sunova was thinking to herself refiring to that the old stories of a witch who had pure white hair, it was one of the more known stories that were told in her hometown and she was always hiding her hair with a wig to keep her hair out of the way from everyone.

@Kit

Edited by Sunova

Kit, wasn’t in her battle armor and was in her starting armor instead. She was walking the streets and listening for more clues about Tolbana and the missing NPC that she heard about. However, there was something called favor coins she needed to acquire first and hadn’t the slightest clue on how to gain them. All she understood was that she had to be in the town of beginnings.
As she walked past people she saw an NPC with a paper bag, the bottom of it came out and there were green apples and potatoes all over the ground. Kit watched as no one bothered to help, and realized this must happen to the NPC a lot for even normal players to not care.
Kit moved closer and knelt down grabbing apples.

”Oh thank you! Can you help me carry this to the Ceaseless Ale?”

Kit nodded. It was an NPC run bar that would give out drink and food to players who were under a certain cole amount. Just a free food item and drink per day. Kit sauntered with the NPC. She could hear people say something about ‘that quest’. It wasn’t as if she had something better to do though.

”Are you perhaps going to Tolbana?” The woman npc in a milk brown long skirt asked her.
”One day, when I feel confident enough to head outside.” Kit stated.
”Oh, why don’t you ask someone to go with you?”
”I might not have a choice. Is it true there’s a missing NPC there that hasn’t been there for a year?”
”Oh the lord’s son has gone missing yes. Tolbana’s lord is rather eccentric, it’s likely his son lord Chaol ran away.”
”And I need the favor points to seek audience with him.”
”That’s right you need 100 favor points to see the lord of Tolbana.”

She could see why no one cared for this type of quest. It was likely a lot of mundane tasks that no one cared to do. Still, she was still curious about lord Chaol. Did he really just run away or was there something else? As she stepped into the NPC bar. A rustic tavern that seemed to have almost Celtic music playing. It was an interesting musical score, to say the least.

”Thank you for helping me out. Here’s one favor if you’re going to try for that quest.”

She picked up the coin and looked it over. It was shiny like gold but was likely only gold leaf. On the back was a sword and on the front was a cat-like face. She made the motions of placing the coin into her pocket and it went into her inventory.

”No worries.”
”Oh, you have one favor.” A man at the bar stated looking over.

Kit looked over at the well dressed NPC.

”Care to have a drink with me? I’ll pay for it. I was wondering if you could help me out.”

She walked over and moved one leg over a stool and sat down next to the man. She got a goblet of wine. She drank with him enjoying the blackberry and cherry notes of the drink. She felt warmer inside but not drunk in the least.

”Thank you sir.”
”I was lost my musical sheets. They’re flying in the winds. I meant to have them to play for the Lord Ceric. Lord of Tolbana. Could you find all eight pages for me?”

KIt looked at him and drank the wine.

”All right. For one favor a page I’m sure I can handle it.”
”Excuse me?”
”One favor per page. It’s important right?”
”Oh, I see, I suppose it is. Very well yes.”

Kit drank the rest of her wine and made a dash outside. She looked up and saw some pieces of it floating about. This is when she started to jump from wall to wall and climbed upwards to grab a piece pretty high up. She jumped and touched one of the pages and it just slid from her grasp on the wind and towards another player.

”Hey! Catch that paper!” she called out to the person.

@Sunova

Edited by Kit

Sunova looked at the thing happening It looked like people were out and about, Not many people wanted to talk to Her but somehow things were about to change but nor for the moment now. Sitting there a bit lonely Sunova was thinking or maybe hoping some player would walk up and ask if they wanted to help them with a quest and all but it seemed like everyone already had a thing going, Not that it was much to care as it was now a bit common for Sunova to be lonely But the thing was that Sunova was not really lonely in her eyes and she had her Katana with her most of the time and she was even Hugging it from this point.

Then she was a paper fly past, she looked a bit weird until someone shouted to her to get that paper. Sunova jumped up and made one big step, placing her Katana to the ground before landing right Next to the paper after she made a small turn in the air. The movement was so easy to do for her and her small body was very easy to do it no matter what. She picked up the Paper with one hand while still holding the sheeted Katana in the other hand. She then moved up to the voice that shouted at her before handing over the paper she looked at the paper and smiled a bit as she knew what all these symbols meant.  Then she gives the paper to the woman and smiled innocent, "Here you go Miss, Nice music Sheet you got there, are those your own?" Sunova asked to, "What kind of Music instrument do you play, or do you sing, Maybe oOOh Maybe you have some nice rhythm music to dance on." Sunova said sounding quite a bit hyper.

@Kit

She was running towards her quickly and stopped to bow at the woman. "Thank you very much." Kit huffed. She lifted her head up to listen. "I use to play all sorts, but I'm a conductor, or, was." it was odd talking about the real world but she shrugged it off. "I put that behind me," she explained. She watched the woman ask her a bunch of questions.
"I guess I'm into jazz if I'm honest." she looked at the person in front of her. She couldn't really tell the gender of the woman in front of her, but because it wasn't obvious, but because she always had trouble telling. "How about.....Miss....ter?" she said the last two words quietly trying not to offend the girl. "Also really nice grab on the paper. May I?"

Kit reached out for the paper.

"I'm just doing a quest at the moment. It's called the favors quest. I'm trying to figure about more about the NPC missing in Talbana." She didn't know if she'd invite this person but they seemed pretty excited to talk to someone. "Want to join me on my quest? It's kinda long though. I have to get 100 favor points. I've managed to tell the conductor that I'd like to be owed favor for each musical score sheet. He had eight sheets that I'm trying to track down and collect. So that'll get me up to 8, but I got a favor earlier so I'll be at 9 out of ten. Most people don't care for the quest I guess. I guess they think it's too boring or something.....I'm Kit by the way. Nice to meet you...." She was going to let her introduce themselves, she wasn't going to peek at the username she never bothered doing that anymore. It didn't feel too natural.

@Sunova

Edited by Kit

Sunova looked a quite happy to hear this but got a weak smile once the person said they placed that behind them it was sad to see that people dropped what they did that is why SUnova still danced. but once the woman started talking about the quest she was doing Sunova got interested, "So a quest it is... Mhp that sounds interesting, never heard of it even tho so I would love to hear more about this and everything else and ooh how about something ... Can I join," Su said to the woman before she introduced herself, "Ooh Snap forgot, I'm Sunova but Most call me Su, I'm the wielder of Byakko soul Or White Fox Soul," She says holding her katana in front of her, it was a white one and almost as tall as the girl herself, until she hugged the katana a bit into her chest.

Sunova smiled innocent and was quite happy to get things going again, "So this quest, Its about getting favors. So like I just did with you, But how do you know if someone has this so-called favor," Sunova jumped up and down a bit being hyper as hell, "Because in the First lessons and the other lessons quest you also do a favor for every NPC there, You bring the box to the blacksmith, and then you bring something to an artisan, and last you bring a box to a fisherman. Do does count as well or Is it just random like the NPC's that start playing music out of nowhere like a lot do on floor3 and um... what if you do a favor and stuff. Do you get a notification from it or just have to look at your quest all the time, and is 100 not much but still the town of beginners is quite big." Sunova said quite a bit fast and sounding quite a bit childish asking everything.

@Kit

• 2 weeks later...

(Sorry holidays had me pinned)

She saw her become less excited. "Don't worry about it too much, I have other talents I can use here." She tried to assure the person in front of her. "Yes the quest is a bit annoying and it should work with you in my party."

With a swipe of her hand, she opened up her menu and added Sunova to her party, and sent her a friend request as well. She then closed her inventory and pulled from her hip pouch a coin.

"This is a favor coin. It as a cat on this side and a sword on the side. Likely something to do with Tolbana as those words are written on the edge of the coin." she held it out if Sun would like to inspect it.

The quest transferred over to sun and the following could be seen on the quest information if she were to have a look.

<<Gaining Favor>> <<Part 1 of the Lost Prince Quest>>

Spoiler

To gain favor, NPCs with a lighter blue name will appear to those taking the quest. They will be special NPCs that might give you favor for the kingdom of Tolbana. It is easier to gain favor in Tolbana however it is possible to gain favor from other places.

The rumor of the lost Prince
The King of Tolbana seems oddly lethargic and upset. Some say his son has gone missing. Others claim that he is no longer fit for the throne and wishes to step down. Could the prince be off with a woman? Could he be kidnapped? Could he have wished to be a pauper instead? No one knows for sure and it's difficult to gain an audience with the king. Unless you have enough favor among the people.

100 favor is required to see the King.

"I think we can get some favor here and in Tolbana. I wanted to collect as much favor here before I decided to leave the Town of Beginnings to go to Tolbana. It takes the wind out of my sails to travel as I haven't seen combat yet. I'm a bit worried about it, and I'd have to wait for a group to head that way anyway." She explained. "But now you can see what npcs might give out favors. There's probably a lot but I'm gathering pages for a conductor NPC. He said he needs it for a party in Tolbana for Lord Ceric. Thanks to you I have one out of the eight pages. He promised me 1 favor per page. They could be floating around anywhere though, and we might find more people along the way to gain more favors. So want to give this tedious long quest a go with me? Who knows what we'll find."

@Sunova

Edited by Kit
  • 2 weeks later...

(Sorry been busy with things)

Sunova nodded as Kit showed her the coin, it sure looked fancy And not only that Sunova heard about this quest from an Info broker but did not want to do the quest because it seemed quite a lot to get but as soon seeing the quest in detail she nodded happily. "Kay, I can help you there, So finding the people with blue names, probely quite a lot of fetch quests but I think that is not a big problem, Maybe some bigger quests can give you a big boost into it like helping out someone heal their kid or maybe even getting a small bring this to my father in the wilds at that place. I can look around for some of the papers as well so no worry there." Sunova said as she smiled hearing about the papers being 1 favor worth. Sure not a lot but every little bit helps right.

Sunova took around very quick and spotted something not just anything but a dog who seemed to have something in their mouth a paper to be sure. "Hold up I think I see a Paper," Sunova said before walking up to the dog NPC slowly and making her way to the dog, "Hello doggy, you look quite cute, Maybe you want to give me that paper you got there," Sunova said putting out a hand to grab the paper but the dog moved away growling at her. "Or not, well Plan B." Sunova took a small item out her inventory and smiled at the dog, it was a cookie. Once the cookie was shown to the dog it started to wag its tail and Sunova moved up again, "Now doggy, Lets us do a fair trade, I give you this cookie and you give me that paper there so let go of it now and I throw it up," Sunova said before throwing the item in the air and with a quick reaction the dog jumped up and dropped the paper, at the same moment Sunova took the paper and smiled happily, "Thanks, doggy, Bye now," She said turning to Kit again and giving her the paper, "Here you go, where to next?" She asked Kit waiting as she was still holding her big Katana weapon.

@Kit

"Right there are eight pages total. Maybe if we ran along the buildings we could see them. Should we split up for now to find them or do we stick together?" She asked as she looked at the roofs of the building. "I got some info from another broker that I'd have to have a key of some sort so I'm going to have that made at a later date. I guess I'll find out more about it when this quest is good and done. Woah you already found another page sun? That's amazing!" she smiled happily and made a fist and pulled it down in a quick motion to show she was pumped up about it. "So that's 3 out of the eight pages we have to find right?"

She saw something flicker out of the corner of her eye and she took the paper without looking at Sunova.

"Hey...I'm going to go up there but when I get about mid way you think you can jump up towards me and I toss you up just a little higher?" she asked getting ready to make an impressive building scale hoping that Sunova could follow her. She was going to use yourself as an extra stepping stone for Sunova and toss her up to the paper.

"I'll try to catch you on the way down. What do you say?"

Sunova looks over to Kit as she wanted to get up to the building, Sunova held one hand to her chin and started thinking. Best way to get up a building was via the side for sure but getting back down without damage was a bit harder, then Sunova listens to What  Kit said and looked back at the building a few stones left and right and in her mind she could see that she just could get to the top if she used her Sword art and get that extra boost of speed from it, Sunova nodded to Kit. "If you get to that above the window above the door. I can get there as well without trouble, Then you can have some more power to send me up and I can get by jumping quite a bit higher by using My sword art.  Set that once I jump you should go down fast as once I get to my momentum in the air I use my Sword art to boost up more. But once I do that air around me will be pulled to me and I will end up falling back a bit. So if you get down stand 20 Feet away from the building I will land about where you are if you try to catch me without any fall Damage taken." Sunova said pulling away from her chin and un sheeting her Katana, holding it with the blade between her teeth and one hand on the handle as she was getting ready to get to the window.

@Kit