[F24-PP] Scouting the floor, and strained bonds

After having checked that the queen was okay i nod towards Ruby with a gentle smile knowing that it is time that we quickly get going to scout the floor. Have a nice day My Queen stay safe okay? I say towards the queen of the dark elves with a smile upon my face before i would be on my way towards Itzal with a smile on my face. ‘I need to make sure i can get there before Shield does if he does his little plan of doing bosses solo i would prefer him to not commit suicide by boss.’ I think to myself as i than look towards Itzal and makes my way over towards him grabbing his arm with a rather serious look within my blue colored eyes. Come on itzal we’re going. Ruby is joining us by the way. I tell him with a slight grin as i quickly start making my way up the stairs of the twenty third floor having let go of Itzal’s arm when i reached the stairs as i would than walk up the stairs as fast as i can to breach into the next floor. To see what sort of wonders are waiting for the three of us when we reach the top of the floor.

@Ruby@Itzal

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ruby had smiled back seeing Hestia’s and noticed that she had grabbed a man’s arm saying that he was coming along with them. Ruby had blinked a few times, she could of sworn she had seen that man before, however it has been either been a long time since she has last seen the man or she just forgot entirely and never met him at all. Either way she had spoke up and said out to him “I am pretty sure I have seen you before today, however it’s a pleasure to be out exploring with you today.” She had looked over to Purobolos and patted him on the head and said out to him “Alrighty Purb, we are just heading out and explore the new floor that we have unlocked, however I am not too sure how the next fight will be...” she then shifted to a slightly worrisome tone knowing that many bad things had happened in this previous fight.

@Itzal

The scout was heading towards the teleport pad available after victory.  He wasn’t ready to do any sort of scouting today, and in reality they didn’t really need him either.  There were plenty of scouts. Before he could however, his arm was grabbed by Hestia who began dragging him away.  His immediate response was to rip his arm free of her grasp, and he’d almost succeed… Almost. He was very frustrated with her right now, mainly with the fact that she was trying to force him to do something he very much didn't want to do. “Hesita let go!”  he said, his eyes showing no humor or tolerance.  By the time they reached the floor Itzal managed to tear himself free from Hestia.  “Enough!  Don’t start dragging me where you want me to go Hestia.  I’m a human being, not a follower you can just command and drag around.”  He heard Ruby speak to him and nodded in return.  If they began walking he wouldn’t walk with them.

House Buffs

Spoiler

Gain +1 to LD, Stealth Rating, Stealth Detection, or Prosperity to one post in a thread. Can be applied after a roll  <>  Basement
+5% bonus col from monster kills and treasure chests  <>  Attic Storage

Stats

Spoiler

General
Level: 78
HP: 1,560.  1,590 with Acrobatics.
Energy: 156

DMG: 17 (base 1 damage + 9 dmg (Velnia) +5 sword skill +1 Athletics +1 Ferocity)

Stealth Rating:  +3

SP Available:  3

Total SP:  436

Looting Setup

Twilight Cloak  (+3 LD Tier 1)
Skyreach  (+3 Col Multiplier Tier 1)

Skills: 

Rank 5 one handed straight sword (+5 DMG) <50 sp>

Rank 5 light armor (+25 MIT) <50 sp>

Rank 5 Search and Detect  (+5 LD) <50 sp>

Gatherer (turns each material found into the ammount of 4) <10 sp>

Picking (+3 LD when opening chests) <15 sp>

Rank 3 Familiar (Rank 3 Fighter: +9 dmg) <18 sp>

Rank 5 Charge (+5 dmg first attack) <50 sp>

Rank 5 Battle Healing (+5% total health per combat post) <50 sp>

Rank 3 Hiding (+3 Stealth Rating) <23 sp>
Rank 2 Exceed Mod Limit (+2 Mods allowed)  <5 sp>

Mods:

Reveal (+2LD when searching for dungeons or players.  Dungeons rolled for every 15 posts rather than 20.  Labyrinths search cooldown reduced to 3 personal posts) <9 sp>

Detect (+1 to dungeon searching, +3 to player, npc, mob searching, all player stealth bonuses are negated) <9>
Night Vision (Ignores any penalties from low light or darkness, as well as negating others stealth bonuses from it) <5>

Dismantling (+2 LD for picking chests)  <8 sp>
Tracking: Allows the player to track another player or monster down by entering their name if the name is known to the player. This negates the targets hiding bonuses and when hunting monsters, guarantees a hit regardless of BD roll, though still requires to roll for a critical. Tracking takes a post action. <12>
Athletics: +1 dmg +10 * tier HP

Sprint & Acrobatics +1 Evasion while wearing light armor

Extra/locked Skills: 

Meditation:  Increase meditation recovery to 5*Tier energy if uninterrupted.  And 3*Tier energy if interrupted.  Has a 3 turn cooldown. <0 sp>

Survival <3 sp>

Disguise:  +1 EVA for a full round.  3 Turn Cooldown.

Expert Martial Arts (+3 unarmed damage) <23 sp>

@Hestia@Ruby

Looking towards Itzal i just ignore his protests not caring if he wants to fight me about this since i don’t particularly care for him to just walk off and never be seen again. Nope. Not letting go. I say simply towards him as i pull Itzal along till we get to the floor as i look at him and let him go through his sentence as i wait patiently just listening and taking in his words since any phrase said is worth at least listening to. I’m dragging you Itzal because i know if i let you go you could just wander off besides i never get to talk to you nowadays. Also, you are the one who always complains how useless scouts are so why not do the scouting thing and help us find the labyrinth? I say towards him as i wouldn’t walk away as i would wait for Itzal to start following or not myself just crossing my arms as i would look at him not focusing much on the background that would be around all of us. From the fantastical floor opening itself up to the players that enter it. From the sprawling beaches, the floating islands above the water, and the PLENTIFUL amounts of water that is on this floor. Focusing more so on the scout and trying to convince him not to just leave and disappear. Can’t i just spend some time with my friends like you Itzal to catch up and talk about what the hell happened in that fight? While also kinda doing a side activity to see what this floor has you like myself love to find spots that are particularly beautiful on floors….well okay you like to do that. I’m more about finding all that fun little tidbits that this floor has that is beyond just the normal player experience.

Ruby had blinked as a exchange and happened between the two, Ruby raising her finger to the air once trying to intervene however just had let it go. Ruby lowered her hand onto her hip and waited for the moment to speak… meaning her turn. After a moment she had spoke up and said “I don’t quite think I know what is wrong, however if it’s the boss just a lot of things happened, but at the end of today we all can’t sit around and be depressed about it for long. We are all on a time limit here in this damned world after all. We as friends need to stick together and get out of here, otherwise we’ll all die here laying on a hospital bed. So, come on let’s go.” she had waved for them to get moving, Purobolos floating next to her crossing his arms getting a little impatient as per usual.

@Itzal

Itzal looked at her through the slit opening he had.  Still wearing the hood and mouthpiece, Hestia and Ruby wouldn’t see his face other than his eyes.  And right now they were still hard with anger at what had occurred in there. He wasn’t about to calm down anytime soon either.  Hestia began by trying to use his words against him, but he was ignoring that bit. What he did decide on replying to was when she told him she just wanted to spend time with her friends, talk to him about what happened, and just enjoy the floor.  “You want me to find the labyrinth?  Then I’ll find the labyrinth. But I’m not discussing anything that happened in there with someone I don’t know very well.”  he said looking at Ruby.  And with that Itzal began walking across the floor.  Not bothering to see if they were following him. From what he could tell this was essentially a group of floating islands over a large lake.  So he’d focus on anything that could lead underground, or connect elsewhere rather than the floating islands. As he walked he opened his menu and switched his armor to Twilight Cloak.  His face now revealed, if either of them tried to cut him off or look him in the face, they’d see those hardened eyes accompanied with a blank face.

I glance towards Itzal and can’t help but feel a small pang of guilt at hearing that as i than glance towards Ruby realizing who he is actually talking about as i just nod my head. Looking towards Ruby i walk over and give her a quick hug. Sorry that he is like this i thought he wouldn’t be like this and be a bit happier, but i guess whatever happened in their it hit him hard for whatever reason. I say in a soft and apologetic tone towards Ruby as i offer a small smile as if trying to use that as compensation for Itzal’s sour attitude as i then move towards him to follow. Unable to help the small sinking feeling within my chest from the fact it seems that Itzal is only here to be polite towards me rather than anything else. ‘I can only move forward. Just...continue moving forward. I think to myself as i follow after Itzal as i glance back towards Ruby. So Ruby what did you think of the events in that floor boss? I ask her curiously with a slight tilt of my head while looking towards a person that i could call a sister.

Ruby had looked over to Hestia with a smile and said out to her “Well, at least the job will be done more than anything. However if your attention is toward him then I don’t mind just stepping a couple steps away for a talk to occur.” she had returned the small hug. However she did ask her about her opinions about the boss, which took Ruby a second to think, however she found the answer she sought for in her mind and spoke to her “Iiiii, really think that it was just a rodeo of many different emotions and just- I guess, we realized the emotions we once lost and it came all back here from the moment Hirru wanted to protect a child, to even frontliners turning on each other. Needless to say it was just a lot of needless drama that hopefully within the next few bosses is long gone. We need every soul to be as one to make it out of here.” she sighed looking forward on the path.

@Itzal

He continued to walk, increasing the distance between him and the others.  He was a scout wasn’t he? It only made sense that he would be far ahead. Of course he ensured they would be able to keep an eye on him, ensuring he didn’t wander too far ahead.  But regardless of that he didn’t stop. He didn’t look back. He kept his searching skill, reveal and detect mods active. And he kept analyzing the area, trying to decide what would be the most likely area the labyrinth may be hidden.  While it was true the towers were a big part of it, as the staircase to the next floor lay there, Itzal had learned that the entrance could be anywhere, even on the other side of the floor from the tower. You couldn’t trust the tower locations, they could be accurate.  Or they could be a diversion. Simple as that.

Looking at the general terrain for once getting a good look at it all for once i smile at the general beautiful that greets everyone that will be on this floor compared to what was on the previous floor. I look up towards the blue sky where another artificial sun greets us as i just nod my head rather happy to have something like this since even though F22 was just a short bit ago having peaceful floors is always preferable. ‘So many gloomy floors from the beginning of those tier two floors it’s nice to finally have some better looking floors.’ While viewing at the bigger picture i can’t help but let out a let sound of excitement escape. It’s so pretty~ All the islands are floating and there is even some great water, and an actual coliseum like what they had in Rome for fights!...IDEA! I say excitedly with a big smile as my mind starts to wander ever so slightly to the idea of something simple. Who could win in a fight with all these legends of the frontlines.’

Ruby had looked around as it had remained a tad bit silent for the most part, with Hestia more interested with all the sights to see, and Itzal…? Ruby just assumed he was just being a stick in the mud. Purobolos had looked around the area and had grunted a little bit, Ruby rolled her eyes and said out to him “Come on Purb, enjoy something for once, not everything needs constant combat or things on fire or exploded you know.” Purb simply rolled its eyes back. Looking back over at Hestia, Ruby had smiled and said out to her “Why don’t you try to speak to Itzal, I’ll keep out of hearing distance. I’ll be fine, as long as I got my explosive balloon and my fists at my side. Plus I am sure you would be able to see me from a distance. Go out and speak to him.

He heard the words called out to him.  And he grit his teeth. They wanted to pretend like nothing happened.  They ignored the fact that they had been betrayed. They were choosing to ignore the gravity of the decision Hirru had made.  That man had chosen that the life of code which could be duplicated was more important than a human life trapped here against their will.  One whose life could not be duplicated, nor brought back. Itzal found it hard to ignore that fact, let alone just let him have the get out of jail free pass. No. That was crossing a line no one ever thought would be crossed because of logic and reasoning. Hell even a child could figure it out. He picked up his pace a little, seeing if he could get out of ear shot. He was liking Ruby even less at this point.  His eyes sharpened, looking over every detail, searching for some shred of a sign. Proof that they were close to the labyrinth. Ignoring them as he did so.

I smile gratefully towards Ruby and nods my head and makes my way over towards itzal till i am walking beside him with ruby being a quite a few feet back out of hearing range. Looking towards Itzal i gently poke him on the arm as i look towards him still wearing my heavy armor but not sporting something new a small pendant like necklace that i am wearing that is of a crescent moon. Itzal. Come on talk to me Buddy. I’ll continue poking you. I say in a gentle and sort of playful tone of voice as i would wait about 30 seconds each time before i would poke him again, and again, and again with the same little grin upon my face. My familiar Kuro flies up and over towards Velnia to play with the small little dragon like what usually happens when the duo of Lion and small speedy dragon are together.

Ruby had looked over to her familiar as Hestia walked off to go speak to Itzal she had somewhat walked ahead to make sure that she really couldn’t listen anything from the conversation, it’s not her place to be butting into conversations. She had given her familiar a few pats on the head, him getting more grumpy with each pat as growls got more loud as Ruby said out to him “Well buddy, it’s just me and you for the time being. I know compared to the floor boss it is very boring to you, however we can’t be in combat 24/7 I’ll more than likely run of HP or Energy pretty quickly and things would get sour you know.” Purb grunted in agreeance, but still in a somewhat grumpy manner. Ruby had looked around the new floor, she did like it however she felt like it could be a tad bit better at a different spot than where she is.

He heard someone walk up to him and heard Kuro approach Velnia.  Velnia of course, enjoyed the visit but looked at Itzal knowing how he was right now.  She looked sad for him before leading Kuro over to another area so that the two wouldn’t be bothered by the familiars.  When he heard her words he replied back: “You need to be a bit more clear in what it is you wish to discuss Hestia.  If you’re going to speak in riddles then let me focus on finding the labyrinth,”  he said as he continued to scan the area. He wasn't in the mood for games. He wasn't in the mood for acting as if everything was perfectly fine. He wasn't in the mood for any of it. Especially from Hestia. For her to act as if what happened was just another day and that they could pretend nothing ever happened? No. He hated it. He was pissed and that would show. So he'd focus on finding the labyrinth. Because that's the only thing he wanted to do right now.

I roll my eyes at his words as i look right at him with a rather pointed look and a raised eyebrow at him questioning me about what i actually mean. Having this look of questioning if he is actually serious when telling me that as i feel tempted to slap him if it wasn’t for the fact i would go orange. Well mister grouchy Scout. I meant in regards to the boss clearly it is bothering you a lot more than some of us so talk about it holding those emotions aren’t. Follow your advice and talk it out with me Ruby can’t even hear us she is to far away. I say towards Itzal while looking directly at him waiting for his response as my left hand gestures towards Ruby when i mention how far away that she is. Kuro continues to play with Velnia to keep the small dragon busy and to try and and cheer her up the lion having taken note of the fact that she seems rather down for some reason as Kuro pushes himself further to keep Velnia at lest distracted for a bit to try and keep her positive.

Ruby had looked around at the floor as was colored impressed though, however Purb really wasn't too enthused that it was this way, Purb wanted more combat and things to be a bit darker, which did always made Ruby somewhat not like her familiar as much. Ruby had looked over behind her from her shoulder and saw the two from a far distance still were conversing, or what looked to be conversing amongst each other. Ruby had sighed and thought to herself as she shifted her head forward "Geez, wonder what got into him. I may not be a close friend or anything, but for the sake of getting out of this game he sure is keeping a lot bottled inside for granted no reason whatsoever. Tis to be different though, tis to be different." then she had looked at from a distance that there had been a Colosseum, placing her hand onto her chin she had began to think a little bit to what this now means with all the players that had been running around from floor to floor.

Itzal threw his arm out.  If Hestia didn't stop there and then, she'd collide with his arm.  And he wouldn't move.  She may have the skills and mods to make her an unmovable object, but he had built up his strength over the years.  He wasn't about to be budged by her pushing him either.  He turned to her, his face revealing no emotions other than his eyes.  Which showed much conflict within them.  "Alright then.  Why do you act as if nothing happened in there.  How can you ignore the fact that Hirru.  A frontliner.  Who had made a vow to help get everyone out of this game just like we all did.  Decided that a bunch of coding.  A program.  Something without life.  Was more valuable than the people who were trapped here.  People imprisoned against their will, many of whom can't fight or are terrified of fighting.  Many of them being children!  A program which can be restored, changed, trashed, duplicated, saved and pasted, OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN.  How about the fact that people backstabbed one after another?  Oh!  And even better!  How about when Hirru decided he wanted to try getting Other players to try and save the freaking boss that is KEEPING EVERYONE trapped in this world?!  And yet you two are acting as if nothing happened in there!!  As if that's just another day in Aincrad that should be shrugged and ignored!"  He stared at her.  The confliction in his eyes gone.  Hatred being all that remained.  Hestia's first good look at what Ulises' eyes once looked like.  "I enjoy the personalities written into these npc's as much as the next person Hestia.  But there is a line.  In the end they are programs, and they cannot react and feel every single thing we can.  They have limits, because they don't have a soul.  They don't have a mind.  Just commands to follow.  And Hirru put technology above the lives of every innocent human being in this game.  People are getting killed by monsters, traps, murderers, or committing suicide because they're too d*mn scared of what's going to happen to them and just want to end it quickly.  He has NO right, to determine their fates because of how he feels about killing a program with emotional reactions written into it."  And with that he would turn around again and continue to walk.

I watch as Itzal puts his hand out as i stop not feeling like running into his arm and just look at him and waits patiently for him to go over through why he is feeling rather perturbed by the events that transpired within the boss room. I listen patiently as i use my right hand to flip through some menus and equip a golden fleece as i lose my heavy armor for the simple piece of fabric as my eyes gain a slight golden tinge and aura to them as the golden fleece improves my searching capabilities. Having my sword and shield still equipped and ready to fight off against anything that would come towards the group not wanting to leave myself totally vulnerable if such a attack would happen. I can ignore what Hirru did because i agreed with him. We didn't need to murder a child if the NPC was going along with it. Why would any sick individual decide to kill a unarmed child that isn't doing anything to anybody just? Is it because it had the potential to being damaging to us? Is it because it was simple code? I question back at Itzal with a serious look and a slightly darkened look within my normally cheerful blue eyes as i stare directly at him. Cause if you say yes to that just because he is data doesn't dismiss the fact he was a scared child feeling emotions and showing such emotions of fear and despair. Maybe you should look inside yourself and wonder if you have become part of the monsters that you've been killing for levels over the years. I say in a serious tone of voice as i look at him as i feel my right hand slowly clench tightly around the shield that i wield as i stare directly at him as if trying to challenge the scout to argue against my point. Cause i don't feel like being the monsters i kill and i won't kill innocent children NPC or not. I say towards him as i look away. Besides who made you god to decide what is a living being and what is just a machine? I say off handedly towards him saying it without even thinking about the implications of saying such words towards Itzal. After i say it though my eyes do widen for a brief moment as i can only have a single thought process through my mind that causes my entire person to lock up and freeze up not knowing what to say or even do next after saying that. 'Oh ****'

Ruby knew that the Colosseum meant that now everyone has a official place to go fight each other, which could be a little dangerous knowing that conflicts could end up here, or worse. But shaking off her thoughts she had just continued to look around at the many different places around. A lot of water to this floor as well, along with the many different islands. It certainly was a interesting floor, however all around Ruby liked it even though its basically nothing new, a lot of which seemed to look like used assets already. Ruby had shook her head and let out a small chuckle at that thought. Ruby had let out a puff of air being a little bored, however there wasn't really much she could really do about it, she was just here along for the ride and to get things all done and to get moving to the next floor boss raid. 

ID: 110415 - LD: 15+7=22

22/100