[F24-PP] Scouting the floor, and strained bonds

Itzal heard what she said and he was even more infuriated.  He stopped and turned around quickly, but let her finish.  When he spoke, he noticed her widened eyes and hoped he could get through to her.  "Are you even hearing yourself right now?  Ok, let me ask you this:  If Kayaba saw that, you really think he'll let us find peaceful ways to get through this world?  No.  We cheated the game and he'll patch that up.  That's the first thing.  Secondly:  I never enjoy killing any npc, let alone young ones.  However even if that's the case, I know that I can't try to bypass a boss that the system throws in our way.  I'm not heartless.  But I'll be damned if I'm going to risk every life TRAPPED in this world, including children.  CHILDREN!!!  Can you hear that Hestia or are you too stubborn?  Do you think one single program that can only respond in specific ways because that's how they are written.  Which can be duplicated and brought back with ease.  Is worth more than the children who have been torn from their families and forced into a world of kill or be killed.  Is worth saving more than your own human race?"  He began to walk forward until he was in front of her.  "Any program can have emotion written into them.  You see characters with terror, joy, hatred, etc., each of them looking just as real as any other human in cutscenes for any video game.  That doesn't make them real.  Because they're meant to react that way in certain scenarios.  Same goes with your boss.  You want to protect it and keep everyone trapped in this world until we all die because the hospitals can't keep us alive?  THEN FIGHT ME RIGHT HERE AND NOW!!!"  he said, drawing his blade and holding it out as he stepped back. 

"No.  I'm not God.  But I know how games and programs are made.  It's the one thing I was good at in the real world.  I know how these systems work, and I can assure you.  None of the five bosses were real.  They didn't react to certain words or actions because they weren't programmed to react to certain words or actions.  All programs are limited unless you can somehow make a true AI.  And never, ever in my time in Aincrad.  Have I seen such an AI to this day.  If you want to argue with logic Hestia, then start taking a look at yourself instead of taking sides and defending the program.  A program designed to keep everyone stuck in this world because their creator is a sociopath who doens't give a sh*t about anyone here!"

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My eyes slowly narrow as i listen to Itzal and can only feel like he isn't even bothering to listen to me at all as i look at him staring him down as he lectures me about his thoughts on the matter as i just let him talk not going to cut him off since it would just create more anger and drama than anything like a frontline fight could produce. How about you actually listen to the point that i am trying to get across Itzal. What Hirru did was right. We cheated Kayaba and allowed a scared child to leave successfully he wasn't even attacking us. I wasn't going to kill a child that wasn't doing anything to us even if it was a boss. It was just a NPC villager at that point who just wanted to leave the big bad fighting area and i wasn't going to kill another NPC that coudln't do anything to defend themselves! I say angrily unknowingly unleashing some pent up emotions from my absolute failure at protecting the woman i was assigned to protect and let her live and leave this cursed place as i look directly at Itzal as i slowly let my emotions get the better of me. Bosses don't get replaced Itzal their personalities maybe. But the bosses in this game won't get respawned or brought back at all during our lifetime during this game since it is one and done as Kayaba intended bosses to be since i haven't seen any Tesseleth brought back now have i? I say towards him as i take a step towards the scout and pushes my shield against his chest the spikes digging into the skin but not registering as a attack from the simple fact i don't have the shield mod to accidentally create such a scenario and the attack not counting as a basic one since it wasn't with a registered thing labeled as a weapon.

Besides just because we showed mercy to Durares doesn't mean we allowed him to murder every child on floor one. We've protected another scared child that didn't want to die or watch his friends die but we forced him to anyway now he is possibly back in the main city on this floor. and if he isn't. Oh well the program is just gone at least we didn't need to murder a child and kill off our humanity just yet. I say towards him in a rather aggressive tone of voice as i than start making my way forward and would do anything and everything in my power to just continue on past Itzal. You aren't god to decide if these things are real. This game isn't like the ones you would create back in the real world this is a world that is designed and has surpassed other technologies from my understanding of how this game was developed. They could've been alive for all we know, and maybe if they weren't in your eyes maybe our definition of being alive is different. I say as i turn around once more and takes a quick scan of the area with my eyes quickly looking in every which direction to try and find something just anything that would give a clue towards the location of the labyrinth.

As i scan the floor i see in the distance various towers with all of them seemingly coming from the middle of the ocean or at least maybe something close to it as i just look towards that and sighs softly as i shake my head. Oh come on really all of them are on the water or just really to far away to do this quickly. Welp...no time like the present. I say aloud to make sure that from what i can see is heard and can be evaluated to continue pressing forward.

#110416  LD:18+3(coat)+3(rank 3 search)= 24

46/100
Hestia: 0/5
Ruby: 0/5
Itzal: ?/?

Ruby had looked around, she figured she would help out to the cause to find the labyrinth or just in general finding other things. After a few shifts in direction, they had been put on a different direction. Still looking around she had been keeping her eyes peeled to find a lot of other things. After a moment she had seen something hiding in some bushes, moving over in the direction Ruby had moved the bushes to the side and pulled out the found treasure chest that she had found. Getting onto her knees and letting out a puff of air getting out one of her lockpicks she said out to herself "Well... lets hope to god this isn't a mimic and something good comes from this... however with my luck lately... I shouldn't really expect anything." she then began to toy the lockpick around at the key hole trying to find the sweet spots to get it open.

ID: 110417 - LD: 19+7=26 [Chest Found]
46/100
Ruby: 1/5

Itzal watched as Hestia stormed off, refusing to listen to him or think rationally in any way or form.  He grit his teeth before pulling out a teleport crystal.  "You asked to talk.  You asked for me to share my emotions.  And now here you are, not only lecturing me.  You're telling me that a program is worth more than the human race.  Of course I see the value in npcs.  Of course I don't butcher them with no remorse.  However when it comes to a boss I know that I don't have a choice in the matter.  If you could talk with them they'll tell you how I apologized and how we have no choice because we have to save ourselves.  Which got no reaction by the way, because they aren't able to react to anything past the fourth wall.  If you're going to be this way then to hell with this.  Talk to me when you're done being a stubborn fighter who refuses to listen to anyone or see past your own selfish feelings,"  he said before teleporting away.  Right back to his home.  He didn't stop there though.  He walked right into his back yard.  Turned the slime farm on.  Drew his sword and began to massacre them over, and over, and over again.  Letting out all of the rage that built up since the boss fight...

I hear the sounds of the teleporting and just don't even bother giving him attention since he clearly doens't care for listening to my side of things to try and even understand what i am saying beyond what he thinks i am saying rather than the actual meaning of the words. Stupid moody scout. Complains all the time of how he is useless cause of him going scout and then just ditches us to do things by our lonesome. I mutter to myself angrily as i shake my head as i see Kuro come back looking confused and a bit saddened as i pet his head gently and rub my face gently against his fur. It's okay Kuro we don't need itzal anyway, and besides i'm sure that Velnia and Itzal will come back one day when Itzal is willing to actually listen to me rather than focus on what only he thinks. I say softly towards my little lion who just looks...confused about what i am trying to say before he lands upon the ground at my feet and looks back towards Ruby as i glance back towards the healer as well and sees that she founds a chest as my eyebrows raise slightly and i nod with a slight smile at that since it means at least something is gained from this beyond just the dungeon. Making my way over towards Ruby i stand there for a moment and waits till she opens the chest to not disrupt her focus, and when the chest opens i would nod my head. Itzal left us to our own devices. Looks like it's up to the guild duo to bring it home for the frontlines. HDA representing i guess. I say in a somewhat joking tone of voice. Though looks like it's the two of us versus a labyrinth guardian which should be possibly honestly. Me and shield were able to solo a labyrinth guardian together last time.

Hestia: 1/5
Ruby: 1/5

Ruby had looked up to see Hestia walk up to her as she had been picking the lock, Ruby had grinned and said to her with a bit of disappointment "Well, isn't he just the brightest person on the planet right now." she had shook her head "One of these days people will know when to just let things not bother them. Its like for me I just want to move on and get closer toward's beating the game. No point in being super depressed for so long anymore." she had sighed "What's his problem anyways?" she had asked out to her as she had finally opened the chest peering inside seeing a handsome amount of loot this time. Or... at least a decent some of things. Ruby took the items and put it in the pot for her and Hestia to split once this whole escapade is over.

ID: 110418 - LD: 7+5=12
46/100
Hestia: 1/5
Ruby: 2/5
Loot: 2400 Col, 5 T3 Materials, 1 T3 Rare Weapon, 2 T3 Rare Consumables

I shrug my shoulders at Ruby's question not even understanding why Itzal was getting hung up upon one small detail he thought he had heard but chose to ignore everything else that i was saying seemingly or just selectively listening to what i was saying. I don't even know Ruby he was apparently hung up on the idea that supposedly people who agreed with hirru's words/ideas of just getting the kid Durares out of there when it was working was somehow killing everyone's chance of living or something like that. I say towards my big sister figure as i see her open up the chest as i wait patiently before glancing towards her with a curious look within my eyes. So than what did you end up getting from the chest by the way? i ask curiously as i glance outwards to the various towers that are scattered through the floor seeing at least one or two within the water itself, to others hanging on the outskirts of the floor all shooting out towards the tower seemingly all various long miles away from each other that would take quite awhile to explore individually. Which one do we try to explore? I ask curiously as i look towards the various towers that ascend into the skies.

Ruby had sighed and said out to her "Well, I would of been mad if we couldn't of progressed to the next floor if was for Hirru, however he had made his escape and we managed to get here. He really just needs to learn how to get with the flow of life here in Aincrad. Even if they are AI they are programmed to have feelings and interact with us via key words, which even though being trapped in this game is bad. It really started a revolution to how society." she had stood up from being on her knees and patted herself off. Ruby smiled and said "Ah you know some Col, some materials, a unidentified Weapon, and consumables we wont even use." she had giggled. She had looked around and let out a "uh" sound until she had said out to her "Ah, lets just go wherever you feel. You are the leader here after all, I am just a copy cat to your build after all." she giggled once more.

46/100
Hestia: 2/5
Ruby: 3/5
Loot: 2400 Col, 5 T3 Materials, 1 T3 Rare Weapon, 2 T3 Rare Consumables

Don't say that Ruby you are your own unique individual i mean if you were a copy cat or something like that you would be wearing heavy armor and have like a mitigation familiar to get that whole idea of a tank like build going for yourself. I say with a small shrug of my shoulders not really understanding where she got the idea of that from as i turn my head in the direction of the nearest tower and points towards it which just happens to be one of the towers in the middle of the actual ocean. Well...if anyplace is good as any it would be over their really since i don't think we can get to the others within a days time. Though...we could also go to a farther one since we can take a guess that shield would be going to the nearest one first. I say softly towards myself as i sigh softly and just start making my way over in that direction while i am talking while thinking about the actual statistical likeliness of ending up in the same labyrinth area as the other scout tank within Aincrad's walls. So Ruby what kind of weapon did you get from the chest? I ask curiously towards my guildmate wondering if it was suited towards her or another weapon type entirely.

"I mean-" she thought for a moment before remembering she hasn't shown her the new toy she had been planning, she just shook her head and said "Don't worry about it." then she had looked over to where Hestia had been looking toward then listened to what she had to say. Ruby smiled a little bit amused saying to her "Well, Shield is Shield and always takes the easiest routes before the hardest, so... I see your point." she then started to walk with Hestia towards the location, looking over Ruby said "Ah just a pair of gaultlets, nothing too special. I have always found it weird how the system decided what the item becomes, I think it just sees Martial Arts are my most used weapon." she had shrugged "So anything new and interesting with you with your build or anything? Any new skill you have been picking up? Anything cool?"

@Hestia

46/100
Hestia: 3/5
Ruby: 4/5

I nods my head and chuckles slightly at hearing her comment about Shield as i can find myself agreeing on at least a few points of what i know about the man but in the end have to disagree as a whole. 'He may take the easiest route to victory but to get to their he had to do lots of work and made a few decisions he probably wouldn't have wanted to made but benefited himself in the end.' I think to myself as i look back up towards Ruby with a gentle smile as she asks a question back towards me. I honestly don't ever have much changing to my build nowadays the only thing really new is the fact that i have the search skill now so i can slowly work on the last aspect of everyone's builds the scout. Afterall i am aiming to be a jack of all trades if i can help myself. After that? i think i'll go with the idea of just grabbing all the mods from all the skills i have so i can slowly create gear and other such things to match each build type so i can be a dedicated build if it is absolutely necessary. I say towards Ruby giving her the exact plans for what i intend to do with myself from here on out when it comes towards the game's progression.

Ruby had smiled and said out to her "Ah I see, I can see that. Why be good at one thing when you can just be good at a lot of things. But... wouldn't that make enhancement building kind of a pain to keep up with from situation to situation? I would imagine that sucking from time to time deciding which things to take and which not to take. I would understand the skill mods being pretty simple, but wouldn't the enhancements be hard to really find a balance? I mean what I have now is fine, but leaves me insanely squishy and I take a lot of damage if the enemy strikes me." she had asked her genuinely asking her about the whole Jack of All Trades type deal, she had only imagined it being a somewhat messy thing to keep together. Ruby had been kind of thinking of having a build like that however she really is worried about it getting all messy.

46/100
Hestia: 4/5
Ruby: 5/5

I look towards Ruby with a slight grin across my face when hearing about the fact that the jack of all trades things would go wrong. I mean most would expect that cause most haven't seen it been used before is what i think and no one has attempted it to my knowledge which leaves me as the only example and it has been working. The only part which would be lacking is the whole hitting the enemy situation and trying to find a way to balance that out eventually. Well i did actually by making use of the heavy momentum enhancement which revolves around missing to become stronger so that the moment i do hit i hit them like a truck. Combine that with two enhancements to keep my energy at least relatively up their with my luck than you also have thorns on my shield, and pure damage on my curved sword here. Lastly is my mitigation familiar to cover the expenses of mitigation as well. The only thing i can't have is a LD item on at all times, buuut i mean...you only really need the LD item if you're going to be doing a quest or doing this where you know you can try to avoid monsters. So in the end i do still manage to come out on top with such things by being a jack of all trades. The only thing to keep in mind is the ferocity mod, focused howl, stonewall, vengeful riposte, and to top it all off the field medic mod along with the first aid rank 5 skill and boom jack of all trades that can handle most roles to at least a semi-functional degree. If i am being honest with you i accidently stumbled onto this none of this was planned i found these combinations by accident and i am enjoying the benefits. I may never tank as well as shield until i get a tank centered build, or do as much damage as Itzal cause of having no accuracy boosts. But i can fill in for one of their roles if it is required of me. I say as i blink as i realize i rambled for quite a bit. Uhh...sorry about that i kinda rambled for awhile.

Ruby had kept her attention to Hestia and nodding her head at the things that Hestia had to say about the whole build. Then let out a giggle when she had apologized for rambling on for a bit, she shook her head and said out to her "No no, don't be sorry. I wanted to know, and you went into detail about the whole thing, thank you~" she had gave Hestia a side hug for a brief second. She then thought to herself for a moment to remind herself about a few things that Hestia had said for future knowledge if she had been looking into the Jack of All Trades route. "I've been thinking about walking down that route, however... right now I seriously doubt I'd be able to. I'm still so far away from someone like you level wise. I've grown pretty lazy." she spoke to her keeping a eye out for the labyrinth they had been looking for.

ID: 110419 - LD: 1+7=9
54/100

Hestia: 5/5
Ruby: 0/5

I chuckle a bit at that as i just rub the back of my head with a sheepish look still feeling some kind of embarrassment in the end because of the simple fact that i had rambled and spoken for a rather long time even if it was okay to do so according to Ruby. Well if it can help you in the end i am glad that i am able to do so Ruby, but hey i did just my take for the Jack of All Trades thing i already know i won't be able to go down the whole Hikoru master of shadows route though because it would just conflict way to much with my tank focused build of having the most hate. If the whole not being a highest hate value suits you though i would recommend instead of doing howl and shield go for the hiding points if you think that'll help with the damage aspect. You know do your own kind of spin on things. I say towards ruby with a smile towards her just tossing ideas to help get her own mind spinning to avoid making her exactly like me in the end since it would be rather weird. Though in the end i would recommend instead of doing a little bit of everything to get just enough to pass on by. Do what you're doing master things one by one for what would be useful in situations. I'm certain you'll get more mileage out of that than what i am doing if you are not as going out and tackling quests and such like i am.

#110420 LD:12+6=18

72/100
Ruby: 0/5

Ruby had looked at her with a bit of a odd look then switched to normal saying to her "Well... he did get that title through a Unique Skill rather than getting it from another person or a self given title. Like me I gave myself "Feisty Healer" while a system gave Hikoru "Master of Shadows"" she looked back forward on the trail they had been walking, Ruby nodded her head from side to side and said to Hestia in response "Well, I know in the end its more than likely inevitable that almost everyone would be a jack of all trades rather than a singular thing. But I can say I was thinking of doing the sort of build I just honestly and obviously don't have the Skill Points to be able to do it at the moment. So I am stuck being a very squishy healer that almost dies in a bountiful amount of things until then." she had giggled.

72/100
Hestia: 0/5
Ruby: 1/5

I give the blonde healer a quick hug to try and comfort her for the rather honestly terrible luck as i can still remember the Bialas fight and having seen her health rather low at that point which was honestly rather scary to think about her just dying and disappearing within a blink of an eye. I'm certain you'll be fine Ruby as long as you can stay sharp and move quick i'm sure you'll be able to out dodge most of the things that would be threatening you in a fight. I say towards her to try and at least brighten the mood ever so slightly as i focus onto the track and destination that the two of us have been going at for awhile that would be the first tower to try and investigate. I gaze towards the tower that is within the ocean while moving off of the island that than goes into a bridge that leads towards another island as i gaze forward and smiles at the rather interesting landscape that is this floor. This is..different than the other floors i like it. Feels different and kinda..majestic really with the whole floating islands and there is even a coliseum here. i wonder if they host like monster battle pit type stuff?

72/100
Hestia: 1/5
Ruby: 1/5

Ruby had smiled at the hug Hestia had given her when she stated out that she had been squishy and almost dying "Well, even in my own time and with other people my luck has been pretty awful to be honest. I have almost died more times than I am comfortable with. At this point I have kind of accepted that death is inevitable here, but I can't back down from these raids. I have to continue fighting." she had said out and admitted. Ruby had spotted the same tower that Hestia had spotted, Ruby had looked over and with a smile she had replied to her "Yeah its a much different floor than what we have seen before, however some of the things we see here are probably used assets on other floors to make this one. It still looks great, but everything here seems to be all the same things we have seen on previous floors. Minus the Colosseum, that one appears to be new."

72/100
Hestia: 1/5
Ruby: 2/5

I turn towards Ruby and gives her a pout as i cross my arms at my chest as i look at her with the pouting face as i make eye contact. Oh come on Ruby why can't you just enjoy the beauty of this world as its own things without having to compare it to older floors. That just takes the majesty out of everything you know? I say towards her as i turn my head away acting childish just for the simple fun of it to take away the seriousness of this world and the situation that had occurred with Itzal to get back into the mood of positivity and just enjoying the world around me. So than we heading towards that ocean tower? or should we head towards one of those towers that are on a island or the land that is just beyond the giant lake of water? I ask Ruby curiously for her opinions as i just head in the direction of the ocean tower that requires crossing the bridge towards the next floating island as i glance down towards the water periodically trying to spot the shapes of some kind of water like beast emerging. However, finding myself disappointed since there is no clear perfect vision into the depths of this lake due to the nature of the sun causing enough reflection of the water to make it difficult to see past the glare of the water.

Ruby had giggled and said out to her "Oh come on, I said it still looks great. To me the fact they use the same assets and make it still look this good is honestly amazing. But don't keep your cute face pouting for too long you might accidentally get it stuck there." she smiled. Then looked over to the tower and back at Hestia saying to her "Uh, yeah. Why wouldn't I want to go see the ocean tower? I am not a stick in the mud, I like to see all the new stuff that has to be seen." she giggled then grabbed her arm and began to walk with her "Come on, no more waiting! Lets go!" however she quickly let go of her once the two had began to walk once more. She didn't walk fast at all, but at a good leisurely pace, enough to enjoy the space around her and Hestia, Ruby had nudged Hestia and said to her "You know I didn't mean to hate on this floor, I really do like walking on the floor with you. I am sorry that a lot of stressful things needed to happen today."

72/100
Hestia: 2/5
Ruby: 3/5